PDA

View Full Version : I really want to buy a windmill shuriken!

naruto=pwnage
Thu, 01-26-2006, 03:49 PM
hey I've been looking all over the place online to find a windmill shuriken. if anyone can give me a site where I can get one it would be greatly appreciated ^_^ oh! by the way. the shuriken MUST be metal and full size!!. thankyou

PSJ
Thu, 01-26-2006, 03:59 PM
Find something better to spend your money at, what would your parents say if you spend it on a big ass metal toy?

el_boss
Thu, 01-26-2006, 03:59 PM
You might find something useful here. (http://pyro.buildtolearn.net/misc/posting.swf)

Kraco
Thu, 01-26-2006, 05:07 PM
Be sure to pick one that's made of titanium (unless you have a body like Governator had 30 years ago).

el_boss
Thu, 01-26-2006, 05:27 PM
Titanium, wouldn't that cost a shit-load of money? You should buy one made of platinum or palladium.i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

KoKo37
Thu, 01-26-2006, 05:39 PM
like how are you suppose to throw a giant metal shuriken? or I suppose its probally for a collection or something i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif, anyways il let you know if I find a site that sells em XD.

ChaosK
Thu, 01-26-2006, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by: el_boss
Titanium, wouldn't that cost a shit-load of money? You should buy one made of platinum or palladium.

of course, titanium cost a shitload but platinum is cheap!

masamuneehs
Thu, 01-26-2006, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by: KoKo37
like how are you suppose to throw a giant metal shuriken?

nuff said. debate over.

Yeah it looks pretty, yeah you can brag about it to your friends. But lets face it, such a tool is not only technically exorbitantly expensive, it is also quite useless. Harder to throw and heavier than a discus or shotput = useless.

While nobody is going to go and start complaining that "Naruto is unrealistic" (no shit! breathing fire, summoning giant frogs, a man controlling sand) because it is painfully obviously unrealistic, let's stop pretending that we can live out these fantasies. You can't, nobody can. That's life.

You want to learn how to use a weapon that few employ but that can save your ass in dire straits, go take some serious martial arts and learn how to use a switchblade or some other small cutting tool. Won't escalate the situation like a gun will, but can rearrange a face or swing the tides of a mugging/one-sided fight in a heartbeat, also much easier to conceal.

Carnage
Thu, 01-26-2006, 09:48 PM
Wait, are those uber shuriken real?

darkmetal505
Thu, 01-26-2006, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by: God#2
Wait, are those uber shuriken real?

im sure there are some out there, but there is no practical use. All you'll be able to say is "i have a killing machine"

Carnage
Thu, 01-26-2006, 09:52 PM
They probably really were used by uber ninja.

aznimperialx
Thu, 01-26-2006, 10:02 PM
stop being a naruto geek, if you want to kill someone buy a gun

RedX1z
Thu, 01-26-2006, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by: aznimperialx
stop being a naruto geek, if you want to kill someone buy a gun

exactly what he said. there's better things you can waste money on, what you say isn't one of them, and here i thought those guys that walk around in those naruto head protecters were weird. the truth is cold, but true.

Mr Squiggles
Thu, 01-26-2006, 10:44 PM
What they said, It's just a waste of money. Besides, everyone Knows that a lightsaber is much more efective than a windmil shuriken...

Edit: And they're real too, see: http://gundamvsjedi.ytmnd.com/

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 01-26-2006, 10:47 PM
Maybe he wants to tear someone's ass up with one shot to the back.

Don't discourage the boy for wanting a clean kill.

Kraco
Fri, 01-27-2006, 04:11 AM
The only way to kill somebody with a full sized windmill shuriken is to stand on a balcony and wait until the target walks below. Then drop the thing at the right moment. Although an anvil would do the trick even better, and would be much cheaper and harder for the police to trace.

Darknodin
Fri, 01-27-2006, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by: Kraco
The only way to kill somebody with a full sized windmill shuriken is to stand on a balcony and wait until the target walks below. Then drop the thing at the right moment. Although an anvil would do the trick even better, and would be much cheaper and harder for the police to trace.

haha... someone killed by a giant shuriken. only one person owning such a weapon in a 300km radius... mmm I wonder who did it!

Terracosmo
Fri, 01-27-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by: Mr Squiggles
What they said, It's just a waste of money. Besides, everyone Knows that a lightsaber is much more efective than a windmil shuriken...

Edit: And they're real too, see: http://gundamvsjedi.ytmnd.com/

Pretty funny how I knew which music would be playing even before the track started. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Mr Squiggles
Fri, 01-27-2006, 03:53 PM
^ Well, ytmnd is pretty predictable when it comes to the background music i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Oh, and another way to use the giant shuriken would be to have it roll down a hallway thats sloping downwards, and let it cleave through all the passerbys

complich8
Sun, 01-29-2006, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by: Kraco

I dunno, anvils are pretty uncommon these days too. Not to mention unwieldy.

The only people who might have an anvil around these days would be farriers and jewelers. Rest assured, neither would keep them on their balconies.

You'd be better off using disk weights or dumbbells, or possibly large pipes. A dropped ladder would also do the trick nicely (they're nice and heavy, too).

XanBcoo
Sun, 01-29-2006, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by: complich8
The only people who might have an anvil around these days would be farriers and jewelers.
What about cartoon ducks and coyotes and whatnot?

complich8
Mon, 01-30-2006, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by: XanBcoo

Bah. They haven't used them significantly in like 40 years.

Kraco
Mon, 01-30-2006, 03:19 AM
You might be right. I suppose I'm an old-fashioned guy, thinking like that...

KitKat
Mon, 01-30-2006, 11:19 AM

Pfft, that's because modern ducks and coyotes don't understand the awesomeness of the anvil. So simple yet elegant. If I was an animated character I'd definitely choose an anvil as my weapon of choice.

Ero-Fan
Mon, 01-30-2006, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by: KitKat

Pfft, that's because modern ducks and coyotes don't understand the awesomeness of the anvil. So simple yet elegant. If I was an animated character I'd definitely choose an anvil as my weapon of choice.

Everyone seems to be forgeting the Almighty Toliet. After you drop that, you can jump and land on the guy next to him, crushing that guy as well. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

XanBcoo
Mon, 01-30-2006, 12:30 PM
^^ Much more useful than a safe. When you drop one of those on someone, they can just open the door from the inside and stroll away.

Carnage
Mon, 01-30-2006, 03:51 PM
What About leading them off a cliff and having them go out with a small *poof*

Mr Squiggles
Mon, 01-30-2006, 09:28 PM
^ it works, but it just has no style.... or coolness.

All this talk of anvil's and toilets, but everyone is forgetting the might of the almighty piano drop! What other weapon brings death and funky sound together into one awesome package?

Zinobi
Tue, 01-31-2006, 01:28 AM
a xylophone i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
this isnt even about the windmill shuriken anymore. its more like "how to kill someone in the ways of cartoons"

darkmetal505
Tue, 01-31-2006, 11:59 PM
id send naruto to do the job

Knives122
Wed, 02-01-2006, 12:43 AM
he'd probably screw it up, send Kakashi.

Phoenix20578
Wed, 02-01-2006, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by: KitKat

Completly agree. The anvil is a classic and nothing, and I mean NOTHING can equal the same greatness and have the same impact as it.

Board of Command
Wed, 02-01-2006, 01:22 AM
Not even the holy cactus?

complich8
Fri, 02-03-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by: God#2
What About leading them off a cliff and having them go out with a small *poof*

You should know by now that that NEVER works.

The coyote always falls. And usually a giant boulder falls on him. But the ground below those cliffs is always super-soft and spongy, and the coyote's always fine.

Sharkfang
Thu, 06-02-2011, 03:43 PM
i know how to throw a windmill shuriken, more or less.

Kraco
Thu, 06-02-2011, 04:18 PM
i know how to throw a windmill shuriken, more or less.

You must know since you managed to throw one from 2006 all the way to 2011.

darkshadow
Thu, 06-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Pretty epic zombie throwing skills I'd say.

KitKat
Thu, 06-02-2011, 04:27 PM
You never know when you're going to need something like that for the upcoming zombie apocalypse.

dragonrage
Thu, 06-02-2011, 04:46 PM
You never know when you're going to need something like that for the upcoming zombie apocalypse.

:) does that fall under the category of etc, when making preparations...

RyougaZell
Thu, 06-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Pretty epic zombie throwing skills I'd say.

Braaaaaaains....

Seriously though... is the guy a necromancer or a sasuke wannabe?

XanBcoo
Thu, 06-02-2011, 08:48 PM
Necromancy threads are annoying but also kind of fascinating because I like looking at my ancient posts.

Animeniax
Thu, 06-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Necromancy threads are annoying but also kind of fascinating because I like looking at my ancient posts.

I as well. It's especially surreal when I read what I posted and I can't believe I posted it. Boggles my mind some of the shit that's come out of my noodle.

Kraco
Fri, 06-03-2011, 03:07 AM

It's kind of sad, though, to see posts by good forum members that have since disappeared for good.