PDA

View Full Version : Bleach Filler Arc

kooshi
Thu, 01-26-2006, 12:04 AM
According to Bleach7, the Bleach filler arc will end at episode 69. This is backed up by the title of episode 70, which I won't say here (AND IT SHOULDN'T BE MENTIONED AT ALL, NOT EVEN THE TINIEST BIT).

Bleach7 (http://www.bleach7.com/)

Terracosmo
Thu, 01-26-2006, 12:49 AM
Good news, good news. Ep 70 will rawk i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Munsu
Thu, 01-26-2006, 01:07 AM
I think we can finally put to rest these stupid discussions concerning the length of the filler arc and comparing it to the Naruto fillers...

DarthEnderX
Thu, 01-26-2006, 01:17 AM
Sigh....only 6 episodes of filler....

What the hell did we ever do to deserve a 44 episode Naruto filler streak....

nests
Thu, 01-26-2006, 03:06 AM
LIES ALL LIES
there is no way that can be it. there probably refering to the begingin of a whole new filler arc
and I wouldnt doubt it. seeing how they already messed up in a lot of stuff with berely two filler episodes
this pisses me off more than the naruto fillers

Ero-Fan
Thu, 01-26-2006, 08:27 AM
Unless they are going to start doing 1 epi every three weeks, what would be the point of such a short filler arc? What would this filler arc buy us then, 6 weeks at best? Yippie..

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 01-26-2006, 11:57 AM
Seriously I find it really hard to believe that after only handful of fillers's they'd go right back to the manga. Currenct arc dosen't seem like it's anywhere close to being over. Kinda scares me, I wonder if they'll do one or two chapters then add more fillers to help pad things out a bit more. I mean they gave the stupid filler villains their own opening theme song.

Actually the more that I think about it it seems like there going to mess with the core storyline. As manga readers know (I'll try and discuss this as best I can without revealing spoilers) the big event that the title of episode 70 reveals dosen't occur until a decent amount of manga material proceeds it. Theres no way that the fillers are going to stop at episode 70. Looks like the writing monkeys are going to be screwing around with the main storyline.

Munsu
Thu, 01-26-2006, 12:25 PM
Yep that's true... they're gonna fuck everything up...

DarthEnderX
Thu, 01-26-2006, 01:35 PM
If they were gonna add filler in the middle of an arc, they shoulda done it last arc, and showed all those fights that the manga didn't bother to.

Ero-Fan
Thu, 01-26-2006, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
If they were gonna add filler in the middle of an arc, they shoulda done it last arc, and showed all those fights that the manga didn't bother to.

Hell yes! I woulda loved if they did that. Too late now, huh? Unless they just do a whole bunch of recap/flashback episodes...

XanBcoo
Thu, 01-26-2006, 05:19 PM
How about a Bleach clip show?

I agree, it doesn't seem logical that the fillers would end so soon. I hope I'm wrong though.

Splash!
Thu, 01-26-2006, 06:50 PM
yes, i completely agree that this doesnt make any sense, i guess they are pulling events out of the manga at will and and are going tie them into more fillers.

Assassin
Thu, 01-26-2006, 08:26 PM
seems to be the case...i guess they wanny try to keep the audience intrested by following the manga storyline atleast 50%.

Carnage
Thu, 01-26-2006, 09:59 PM
OH FUCK! NOOOOOOOOO! Now theyre going to fuck up the entire series. WHY CANT THESE BASTARDS JUST PAUSE THE PRODUCTION OF THE SHOW?? Then pplz would be like "ZOMG" when the show comes back on the air, and the show would become even more popularz.

RedX1z
Sun, 01-29-2006, 12:50 AM
that's good to hear that the anime will get back on track, not that the fillers suck or that i want them to end as soon as possible, just because i want to see the things i wanted to see in the manga, hell it can wait. the filler arc is putting no negative effect on me what so ever.

t1no
Mon, 04-24-2006, 11:23 PM
I have downloaded every Bleach anime episodes but haven't seen any of them, i just want to know when did the fillers start?

Assassin
Mon, 04-24-2006, 11:27 PM
around ep 70 or so i believe

Munsu
Mon, 04-24-2006, 11:33 PM
No, it was like 5-10 episodes earlier than that, don't know the exact one, but it's not around episode 70.

Assassin
Mon, 04-24-2006, 11:46 PM
wth bud, you're like stalking me, going around correcting what i say!

leave me alone dammit! :(

Munsu
Tue, 04-25-2006, 12:15 AM
It's not my fault you're wrong.

XanBcoo
Tue, 04-25-2006, 12:24 AM
They started on episode 64 (or 65?), I believe. Just after the hour-long special ending the SS arc. That was episode 63. Whether or not the special was counted as 2 episodes or just one though, I don't know as I never watched it.

metrite
Tue, 04-25-2006, 10:26 AM
Ep 63 was the hour long special, which was stuffed with flash backs of fights.
I guess ep 63 can be considered as filler already, although it picks up the storyline of the manga during the last few minutes of the ep. :p (Ichigo and co. leaving soul society.)

Splash!
Thu, 04-27-2006, 10:02 PM
How is this filler Arc coming along. I haven't watched a single episode. Are there actual episodes worth watching? From what i understand, it consists of minor story arcs so i might have to watch a few episodes after the other to get what is going on. But is there anything of such that i should probably look at? (in terms of Quality)

Yukimura
Fri, 04-28-2006, 01:54 AM
There seems to be an overall plot to this filler, it's not just mindless random crap, like Ichigo makes spirt noodels with Getsuga Tenshou, which, to bash Naruto even more, Ichigo doesn't seem to use unless it's quite important and nessecary. However the story is probobly not going to have any of the punch the SS arc had, but for now all I can say is it could be so much worse. There have been some interesting charachters and developments so far, though how this might affect the return to the manga storyline is anyone's guess now. In terms of quality, I like some of the new charachters, most of them have stories and stuff behind them and thus are entertaining enough for 23 min every now and then.
Additionally they aren't releasing an ep a week, it's more like every other week or so, basically the fillers live up to their name, they are filling time for the show with a plot that's not all that exciting or engaging but not revolting if you bother to watch it, essentially I haven't lost any IQ watching them, yet. Only time can tell.

EDIT @ BELOW: That's true, I'd forgotten about the very beginning of the filler arc, utter garbage, until about 2-3 eps ago, lets say starting after the 67-68 special it began to get good, but now were talking about a moderatly high slope from negative numbers here. There's as good a chance it'll flatten out as there is that it'll pull a switch and start heading right back down, i'm on the lookout for any inflection points (maybe I should just go back to studying calc and end this before it gets too much weirder...)

Kraco
Fri, 04-28-2006, 02:18 AM
Don't forget to mention that the action sucked really bad in all the filler eps except for the last few episodes. Had the action scenes not been so unbelievably bad, this long filler arc (with no end in vicinity so far) could have been much better.

cugginenter
Tue, 05-02-2006, 04:29 PM
Yeah, but they are still fillers. It doesn't really matter how good the action is, if the plot sucks, and there isn't any character development, then its not worth watching IMO.

Narasho
Tue, 05-02-2006, 04:42 PM
Yeah, but they are still fillers. It doesn't really matter how good the action is, if the plot sucks, and there isn't any character development, then its not worth watching IMO.

I agree with you to an extent, but I do think that some non-manga related content could be at least decent. It just happens that 95% of the time they make it horrible. Case in point: the FMA anime passed the manga, and while I think the first 26 episodes were better than the last 26, they still did a decent job.