Episode sucked ass big time...

LaZie
Wed, 01-25-2006, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by: Budweineken

I agree.

6Zabuza9
Wed, 01-25-2006, 02:51 AM
will fillers be as bad as naruto??!!!!!!!!!!!!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif

burnout
Wed, 01-25-2006, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by: LaZyKiD

Originally posted by: Budweineken

I agree.
----------------------------------------------------

man that was f**ked up

i was expecting more from this ep but i have to agree with you 2

it was really bad and i mean bad

no action and allmost no comedy

that sucked

Kraco
Wed, 01-25-2006, 05:03 AM
It could certainly have been a lot better. That kidnap - phone thing is getting old as a plot device, and it didn't add much to this episode, but took lots of time. It had a bit artificial feeling with all the characters like Urahara getting somehow involved in the story, but not really doing anything. And the villains are starting to look no better than the regular Naruto filler bad guys. The first filler ep could have been an opening to a more sinister story, but this second episode doesn't bode well.

Cabewse
Wed, 01-25-2006, 06:33 AM
I'm sad. That said, it's still too early to lable tis whole filler arc as bad, It may still be decent.

And, that blonde girl, is that the same voice as Mokono from Tsubasa Chronicles?

tha_seeker
Wed, 01-25-2006, 07:54 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I loved this episode. I mean we cannot always just have actions you know. There needs to be some development to the story. Now even though the kidnapping plot is getting kinda repetitive, something tells me that this is headed to another direction.

ES
Wed, 01-25-2006, 08:24 AM
Fuck..not to mention making Renji totally pathetic, it's not even fucking funny. At all.

Inazuma
Wed, 01-25-2006, 08:29 AM
Bleach Coolness Ratio went down baaad with this filler

Ero-Fan
Wed, 01-25-2006, 08:41 AM
Man, why couldn't they wait untill Naruto finally got out of fillers? Now I got two series that are gonna be crap until April (when Naruto is supposed to get back on track). Damnit all to hell!!!

anphorus
Wed, 01-25-2006, 09:27 AM
Oh well, so much for our hope that the Bleach filler would be decent. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

And is it just me or did the art really, and I mean really suck in this episode? Also Renji went from having his Zanpaktou unreleased in one frame, to Shikai in the next, big continuity error.

Well done filler writers/animators! i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

Ero-Fan
Wed, 01-25-2006, 09:54 AM
Hey, anyone pay attention to the credits to see if the Naruto monkeys that produced Naruto's fillers have been added to Bleach's credits? If so, I've lost all hope.

Kensee
Wed, 01-25-2006, 11:13 AM
Thing that bugs me about fillers is usualy the art.
I'm used to the normal art from the main storyline, so when art gets downplayed its straight out obvious and depressing =P.

Anyhow, it be a filller, just wait it out and yeah, Naruto's almost out of fillers too so it'll all be done shortly ^_^

Honinbou
Wed, 01-25-2006, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by: tha_seeker
I don't know about you guys, but I loved this episode. I mean we cannot always just have actions you know. There needs to be some development to the story. Now even though the kidnapping plot is getting kinda repetitive, something tells me that this is headed to another direction.

I must agree, every1 is saying this filler is gonna suck.
I think this filler would be kinda cool, those disappearing guys and that lady with the child voice as their leader, kinda creapy.!

RedX1z
Wed, 01-25-2006, 11:18 AM
cloud, nova, rin rin, what weird names. anyways, this filler wasn't all bad. the old fart and the girl had annoying voices, the girl for one loves to laugh way too much. but what i want to know, why do they pick on the ichigo's friends? what are they planning to do with them? who sent them?(i don't believe it's mayuri, like some of you said in the last episode thread.) i hope they explain everything soon, more like next episode.

nests
Wed, 01-25-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by: Kensee

Anyhow, it be a filller, just wait it out and yeah, Naruto's almost out of fillers too so it'll all be done shortly ^_^
Are you kidding we still have 3 more months of Naruto fillers thats like 12 episodes at least
as for the filler yeah it sucked and it looks like Im goin to have to rewatch the series so I wont forget how good it was just like I do with Naruto.

Here a tip for all of you 'Read the manga" is not that far from where it ended. If you do Bleach's Coolness Ratio will still be pretty high

Ero-Fan
Wed, 01-25-2006, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by: nests
Here a tip for all of you 'Read the manga" is not that far from where it ended. If you do Bleach's Coolness Ratio will still be pretty high

I'll do the same thing I've been/plan on doing with Naruto fillers. I'll complain and joke about them in these forums, then once the show gets back on track, delete just about all of em. I might keep one or two if they put out a decent one, but...pfft, I doubt it.

RedX1z
Wed, 01-25-2006, 11:47 AM
way ahead of you!i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 01-25-2006, 11:51 AM
I don't know about you guys but did the whole running around thing remind anyone of die hard with vengence where Bruce Willis and Samuel Jackson were running around New York City defusing bombs. I'm cuious as to what direction all of this is going but my spider sense tells me that the next episode will be a whole bunch of nothing leading up to the kidnapping of Ishida. So far it's still better then the naruto fillers but little by little my patience is wearing thin. Beware soon the studio pierrot writing monkeys will have their way with bleach as well.

Darknodin
Wed, 01-25-2006, 12:03 PM
its not a continuity error that his shikai was released this fast. in his fight against Kuchiki, he did the same thing and it was explained (well, it was simply said that he could).
overall, not very interesting, but Naruto fillers were downright stupid and unwatchable. this at least, I wanna know what happens next and it was just a downer episode. by the way, it seems it will only be one long filler arc (i hope) rather than several short ones.

el_boss
Wed, 01-25-2006, 12:12 PM
LobsterMagnet: I was just about to point the out the Die Hard rip off.

I think it's truly amazing that it only took them one episode to go from good fillers to Naruto grade fillers. Actually it was worse than most Naruto, ramen arc being one of the exceptions. It feels like studio pierrot shouldn't get to do anymore animes based on mangas after ruining Naruto and Bleach.

I really don't get why they skipped alot of awesome stuff in Soul Society, just to get to this faster.

ChibiYali
Wed, 01-25-2006, 01:01 PM
whingers i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

I liked it i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

*shuts up now*

DarthEnderX
Wed, 01-25-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by: Darknodin
its not a continuity error that his shikai was released this fast. in his fight against Kuchiki, he did the same thing and it was explained (well, it was simply said that he could).

Correct, Renji has the ability to release his Shikai instantly, without calling for it, as was shown when he fought Byakuya.

kooshi
Wed, 01-25-2006, 01:49 PM
Before I watched this episode, I had hopes that this would be good filler, considering the somewhat alright setup they made last episode. Unfortunately, this seems to be following the Naruto filler trend, as many of you already pointed out. And the art... ugh, it was absolutely terrible.

masamuneehs
Wed, 01-25-2006, 02:41 PM
Animation was the suxor.

And it didn't have too much humor or action... I don't know how much its really worth to build-up the plot and characters for a filler arc... I mean, you'd better have a reason for wasting our time, not just because you're lazy or out of ideas. Yes, like everyone else commented, this was on Naruto grade filler level, and on that level is barely got a C-. I thought it was that bad that I almost longed to rewatch "The Curry of Life" to see how (parts of) a filler arc should be done...

Same Studio Pierrot, same crappy job on filler episodes. We all should have seen it coming. I guess we're just foolishly optimistic...

Yukimura
Wed, 01-25-2006, 02:42 PM
The pointlessness, it's threatening to overwhelm, thank God I found other good anime before Bleach went south too. Amazing how many rippoffs I've seen recently, I guess comming up with good new ideas is too hard, so we get Die Hard 3...plus kidnapping

If this and/or Naruto is all any of you watch head over the the General Anime section and start looking through threads to see if you might like any of the myriad of other anime out there. I've been gorging myself ever since Naruto went down the shitter and I'd say I'm better for it. This Bleach thing still might find a leg to stand on, but it's obviously best to spread your eggs among several baskets.

Ero-Fan
Wed, 01-25-2006, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs
Animation was the suxor.

And it didn't have too much humor or action... I don't know how much its really worth to build-up the plot and characters for a filler arc... I mean, you'd better have a reason for wasting our time, not just because you're lazy or out of ideas. Yes, like everyone else commented, this was on Naruto grade filler level, and on that level is barely got a C-. I thought it was that bad that I almost longed to rewatch "The Curry of Life" to see how (parts of) a filler arc should be done...

Same Studio Pierrot, same crappy job on filler episodes. We all should have seen it coming. I guess we're just foolishly optimistic...
In Episode 64 discussion:

Originally posted by: Ero-Fan
Just wait, as soon as Naruto filler is done, the writers/animators that did that shit will be assigned to Bleach fillers.. Goddamn, I hate myself right now for even thinking that.

Ok, its starting to look like I was wrong and those people at studio pierrot are more amazing then I first thought; They can put out two shitty anime fillers at the same time. Wow. I mean, multitasking to produce shit, just wow.

Vokalyzd Harmony
Wed, 01-25-2006, 06:14 PM
when does bleach filler end? old guy said they dont have to worry about aizen for a year..hopefully we can worry about aizen in about 3 months..top

Kensee
Wed, 01-25-2006, 07:14 PM
Spring 2007 .......
i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif
From the looks of it no body is really sure, but then again for all we know Bleach's storyline could be semi close to finishing (or not). So after this arc there might be one more arc I believe ....

Just in meh lil opinion.

Kraco
Wed, 01-25-2006, 07:23 PM
We will just have to wait until the Pierrot boss visits again Italy, and somebody from the audience asks... And baffles the Pierrot boss for a second time, yet still he will give an answer...

DB_Hunter
Wed, 01-25-2006, 07:28 PM
Sorry just an attempted analysis of the episode... I think that they three we are talking about right now are nto actually the 'villains' as such but some guys who need the help of the crew to defeat the real villains. Mark my words.... that is the story line to come.

darkmetal505
Wed, 01-25-2006, 08:00 PM
I wasnt really ever optimistic, I knew it was going to be shitty.

Knives122
Wed, 01-25-2006, 09:15 PM
well......if I wanted to see a race I would've watched something else. this episode wasn't very good and seeing that bleach character talk on the phone like she was "giving directions" was weird...

I'll still watch it, but I probably won't like it.

Terracosmo
Wed, 01-25-2006, 10:13 PM
Hilariously bad. The entire episode was spent on phonecalls. And the result, Chad kidnapped. lol

For the record, Cloud's name sounds more like "Claude".

Oh and I......................... FUCKING HATE FILLER CHILDREN DIE YOU LITTLE ANNOYING BITCH "=)¤?=!)!0381091809820984

Every time she laughed I wanted to jump inside the episode magically and smash her head open with a frying pan.

So long story short: worthless episode.

anphorus
Wed, 01-25-2006, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
For the record, Cloud's name sounds more like "Claude".

I agree, it sounds much more like Claude. At first I thought it was cha-razay japanese pronounciation, but then I rembered that Cloud in Advent Children was pronounced much differently.

If we're going for crazy theories as to who the bad guys are, I'm guessing that they are rogue mod-souls, like Kon. I have absolutely no evidence for this, and it doesn't even make sense on multiple levels, but since when has that mattered in filler.

Also, if they really needed to get somewhere fast, couldn't Ichigo have went into his Shinigami form and he and Renji could have used Shunpo to get there?

And wasn't it established that Spirits don't need to eat unless they heavily use there spirit powers or something? And yet Renji was hungry.

aznimperialx
Thu, 01-26-2006, 01:05 AM
Rin Rin should die her laughing was annoying to hear

Kraco
Thu, 01-26-2006, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by: anphorus
And wasn't it established that Spirits don't need to eat unless they heavily use there spirit powers or something? And yet Renji was hungry.

Maybe that's only true for Soul Society. Who knows, when they come to the real world, they might need to eat just to exist, like normal people.

Edit: Fixed for logic.

Inazuma
Thu, 01-26-2006, 09:10 AM
It's definitly Claude and not Cloud ...
But Claude or Cloud ... This filler is only good for ... for ... Finally I won't give this ep even to my worst ennemy

el_boss
Thu, 01-26-2006, 09:46 AM
I think it sounds more like Clod than Cloud and Claude.

Aeon
Thu, 01-26-2006, 10:45 AM
What did Renji ever do to be downgraded in such a fashion. They could've easily just used that 69 guy or Kira since neither of them have any thing to do. And these 3 nobodies need to hurry and go away so the real 3 bad guys from the ending can show up.

aznimperialx
Thu, 01-26-2006, 10:59 AM
When you enter the real world your powers decrease

Turkish-S
Thu, 01-26-2006, 01:28 PM
am i the only one that liked this a little??

el_boss
Thu, 01-26-2006, 02:16 PM
@Turkish-S: No, alot of people liked this ep. You, ChibiYali... 2 is alot right? I mean for this kind of quality.

ChibiYali
Thu, 01-26-2006, 02:39 PM
I hate the naruto fillers, but I'm willing to give this a chance, especially since it's obvious at least 6 more characters need to be introduced...

oh.. and three..
*points at tha_seeker's post on the first page*

el_boss
Thu, 01-26-2006, 03:27 PM
Dammit! You got me there.i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif Now I have to bribe the_seeker to edit that post, so your statement becomes obsolete muhahaha i/expressions/devil.gif

FrogKing
Thu, 01-26-2006, 03:53 PM
^Hahaha, nice avatar el_boss! I didn't even recognize you with the new sig either. Anyhow, I pretty much have the same sentiments as the majority of folks that the filler isn't too good. However, I do think that it is way better than the Naruto fillers. Hopefully the badguys at the end that haven't been introduced will be better than the whinning little girl.

Kraco
Thu, 01-26-2006, 04:59 PM
The latest Naruto filler episode (as a single ep at least, so far) was better than this single Bleach filler ep. That's not a promising trend.

Knives122
Thu, 01-26-2006, 07:48 PM
there was one thing that weirded me out more then the ep and the ed video, and that was that music playing when Ishida had to pic the lock....

el_boss
Fri, 01-27-2006, 09:27 AM
While we're on subject of Ichida picking locks, I just remembered something. Was I the only one that got the joke? When Ichigo said something like "your very good at handling small things". And Ichida was all aggravated. lol this was the best part of the episode.

Ero-Fan
Fri, 01-27-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by: el_boss
While we're on subject of Ichida picking locks, I just remembered something. Was I the only one that got the joke? When Ichigo said something like "your very good at handling small things". And Ichida was all aggravated. lol this was the best part of the episode.

No, it just wasn't all that funny. And I bet most people thought he was referring to his skill with a sewing needle.

el_boss
Fri, 01-27-2006, 10:28 AM
No, it just wasn't all that funny. And I bet most people thought he was referring to his skill with a sewing needle.
In contrast to the rest of the episode it was pure genious. I guess you have to have a vast intelect like me to understand such subtle penis jokes.i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Ero-Fan
Fri, 01-27-2006, 10:37 AM

In contrast to the rest of the episode it was pure genious. I guess you have to have a vast intelect like me to understand such subtle penis jokes.

No, I guess Naruto has made me tired of dick jokes (in the manga, at least). So their more annoying then funny anymore. That's like saying a fart was the highlight of a Naruto episode. Sad, just sad.

Edited for grammar.

Fudgeman
Fri, 01-27-2006, 12:02 PM
I dont know what you guys are on, but this was WAYYYY better than naruto fillers, almsot as good as the pre-arc eps right at the biggining.....well.....almost

it wasnt bad at all, i liked it

PWNT N00B

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/7786/dfsfsdfsdf2lt.jpg

Deadfire
Fri, 01-27-2006, 12:45 PM
I liked it... it wasn't at the level of the series but I didn't mind what it was. I just hope it picks up

Although I don't like Rin Rin's laugh either she sounds like a Tickle-Me- Elmo

ChibiYali
Fri, 01-27-2006, 03:43 PM
JOIN ME MY MINIONS!!

*gathers a crowd to defy el_boss* i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 01-27-2006, 04:01 PM

I laughed at this too, but interpreted it as Ichigo calling Ishida worthless and only capable of completing the smallest tasks.

el_boss
Fri, 01-27-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by: ChibiYali
JOIN ME MY MINIONS!!

*gathers a crowd to defy el_boss* i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
I have let this go on long enough... WE MUST KUNG-FU FIGTH!

Mr Squiggles
Fri, 01-27-2006, 07:16 PM
I didnt think it was that bad... but not that good either.

@ el_boss: Your kung-fu is weak. Let me show you how a true master fights! *goes into cool pose*

ChibiYali
Fri, 01-27-2006, 08:24 PM
*cues carl douglas*

EVERYBODY WAS KUNG FU FIGHTING!!!

then, when it gets rowdy, we'll switch over to chop suey.. which has absolutely NOTHING to do with the entire thing anymore, but it IS a cool song..
*karate chops el_boss down with her evil girly powers of temporal DOOM*

Hikyuu
Fri, 01-27-2006, 10:56 PM
The translation I had.. said... your really good with details... so that joke was non existant for me .. anyway...I think to compensate for the crappy show bleach society got crappier .. Maybe they lost a Quality checker or something .. but there were alot of errors I caught that annoyed me.. Oh well.. hope this arc goes somewhere.. like slaughtering of laughing chick.. and fixing Claude's bad dye job...

Spastic_Avenger
Sat, 01-28-2006, 03:09 AM
i think the majourity of you are programmed to hate fillers, yes naruto fillers suck royal ass, but come on... its jus 2 episodes into the bleach filler how can you all decide that its going to suck?
personally i thing this filler has promise, i mean the villians may turn out to be pretty cool...rin rin dodges kurosaki's strike easily an even tweaks his nose! are they hollows? are they spirits? or empowered humans like ishida?
and wats this hongoku (true heaven) that the old man mentions...i know the model of the belach universe is like soul sociaty on top and earth below (the hourGlass example) so where s the hollows world? and wheres hongoku? does it have its own people like SS? that'll be cool if there's some even more powerfull guardians in hongoku...
my 2 cents....

el_boss
Sat, 01-28-2006, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by: Spastic_Avenger
i think the majourity of you are programmed to hate fillers, yes naruto fillers suck royal ass, but come on... its jus 2 episodes into the bleach filler how can you all decide that its going to suck?
Well, I liked the previous filler episode, so your analysis of the situation is pretty off. And no one has said that the entire arc will suck, it's just that this individual episode sucked herpes infested balls.

Back to the issue at hand. You really think you can defeat me with such pitiful techniques, mwahawhaw. Let me show you the true meaning of terror. *Takes a DBZ stance and start powering up*

DDBen
Sat, 01-28-2006, 08:45 AM
Well first off this episode was a terrible waste of time reguardless of how the arc turns out. Not only that but considering that Ishida should have NO spiritual powers at all how did he suddenly sense the attack while nobody else had any idea. That aside how did Chad magically manage to fit through that window and get sucked into a portal.

As far as Renji goes he scored to well in the popularity contest and is thus condemed to filler hell its just that simple.

Inazuma
Sat, 01-28-2006, 11:37 AM
Just need somethin'
What chaper in the manga is the equivalent of Eps 63 in the anim ?

Munsu
Sat, 01-28-2006, 11:48 AM
http://forums.gotwoot.net/mess...7255&enterthread=y (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=66&threadid=17255&enterthrea d=y)

heero
Sat, 01-28-2006, 06:35 PM
it's not that bad an episode but the quality could have been better...

Mae
Sun, 01-29-2006, 02:53 PM
Bleh.... the characters didn't move when talking, and their mouths weren't animated well i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

And I also thought the running around thing was dull, and, overall bleh. The SS part was the most interesting, even if it was only to tell us that nothing was going to happen with Aizen for a year, so they'll focus on the earth adventures. I was wondering about what they meant by what was translated as "true heaven" too. I hope we get at least a little of the captain's search along with the earth filler, but this might be the last of SS for a while... And I wanted to see Rukia...

masamuneehs
Sun, 01-29-2006, 05:47 PM
and, um, did anyone happen to catch the music they were playing in the background for most of it? The music volume seemed to be pretty soft, but I turned it up and...

IT WAS AWFUL! I didn't recognize the tracks at all, but they were all crappy crappy poop poop. No wonder they had it playing so softly...

V
Mon, 01-30-2006, 01:53 AM
It was bad. The thing with fillers is that they can't do anything productive. I'd like to see more on character development for Chad, say. But they can't do that because they have to wait on the manga, as I understand it. So the fillers have to be irrelevant. That's what annoying about them.

Ero-Fan
Mon, 01-30-2006, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by: V
It was bad. The thing with fillers is that they can't do anything productive. I'd like to see more on character development for Chad, say. But they can't do that because they have to wait on the manga, as I understand it. So the fillers have to be irrelevant. That's what annoying about them.

Wow, really? I thought fillers were relevant. (rolls eyes) Thank you for letting us all know what we already knew.

Anyways, I hope to god they are just messing with us and are not going to mix filler with the rest of the storyline as was mentioned in the other thread about fillers. God, could you imagine it? Something like tha would be like making the curry of life or that tony the tiger crap actually relevant. And then they'd bring Raiga(whatever fish guy with the twin lightning swords was) back to life, cause we all know that hasn't happend before..
Edited out the mean parts.

Munsu
Mon, 01-30-2006, 07:47 AM
The problem with fillers is not that they are irrelevant... The main problem is that they fuck up with the storyline, and because of that sometimes the anime is forced to make changes to the plot... It would be good if fillers would simply be irrelevant...

Fox Fire
Mon, 01-30-2006, 08:05 AM
Not bad, atleast not for a filler.