PDA

View Full Version : One eyed kitten

darkmetal505
Sun, 01-22-2006, 11:09 PM
one eyed kitten (http://news.yahoo.com/photo/060109/480/nyet27501091906;_ylt=AvXzliKlGWxgH.EDKAh45xFPXLoF; _ylu=X3oDMTBia2Jza2VjBHNlYwNnYWxsZXJ5)

im skeptic about this...

photoshop people, do you think this could be done?

RedX1z
Sun, 01-22-2006, 11:12 PM
that's sad, it didn't live, but what are the chances of that?

DB_Hunter
Sun, 01-22-2006, 11:13 PM
Well its been taken up by yahoo news, that must lend it some credibility.

aznimperialx
Sun, 01-22-2006, 11:15 PM
thats sad...I mean the whole dying thing

mage
Sun, 01-22-2006, 11:37 PM
fake.

Sapphire
Mon, 01-23-2006, 01:58 AM
it's possible. Are all kittens that small when born?

6Zabuza9
Mon, 01-23-2006, 02:02 AM
for a second i though it was a one eyed monkey lol

nests
Mon, 01-23-2006, 02:23 AM
very possible when I was in mexico my cousins dog gave birth to a ball
it was just a ball of flesh with fur and it would TWITCH i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif it has been the freakiest thing I have ever witness and till this day it gives me goosebumps remembering about it.
damn it now I'm going to have nightmares i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

aznroyale
Mon, 01-23-2006, 07:45 AM
aww born with a defect

darkmetal505
Mon, 01-23-2006, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by: Sapphire
it's possible. Are all kittens that small when born?

yea, most litter are smaller than youd think they would be

aznroyale
Mon, 01-23-2006, 07:40 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10792937/
then dun ahve it at yahoo no more

darkmetal505
Mon, 01-23-2006, 07:47 PM
well according to the msnbc source, it looks like it may be viable

aznimperialx
Mon, 01-23-2006, 08:15 PM
keeping it in a fridge wtf...that bastard, the cat should rest in peace and what the hell are the scientests going to do research on...it was probably deformed

KoKo37
Mon, 01-23-2006, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by: aznimperialx
keeping it in a fridge wtf...that bastard, the cat should rest in peace and what the hell are the scientests going to do research on...it was probably deformed

That cat is dead, shes just keeping it in a freezer to preserve it because people may want to research it.

Meanwhile, Cy the one-eyed cat may be dead, but it has not left the building.

Allen said shes keeping the cats corpse in her freezer for now, in case scientists would like it for research.

Assertn
Tue, 01-24-2006, 02:45 AM
Lemme guess......you started browsing the "see also" links off the snake article?
I'm starting to see a pattern with these random news article topics

aznroyale
Tue, 01-24-2006, 09:42 AM
they should just let the cat die peacefully....

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 01-24-2006, 10:48 AM
You act like it's still dying.

aznroyale
Tue, 01-24-2006, 11:26 AM
im sure you want someone to research your body when your dead

Ero-Fan
Tue, 01-24-2006, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by: aznroyale

I sure as hell won't care, I'll be dead! Take whatever you want, they ain't doing me any good.

aznroyale
Tue, 01-24-2006, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by: Ero-Fan

I sure as hell won't care, I'll be dead! Take whatever you want, they ain't doing me any good.

cause your life fucking sucks. remember on your tombstone dun put R.I.P put reserach my body and do anything you want. i'll piss at your grave and your body

KoKo37
Tue, 01-24-2006, 11:35 AM
Whats to big deal if people were to research you when you were dead? It's not like you'll suffer and if I was about to die i'd give away my corpse to some good cause if I could.

aznroyale
Tue, 01-24-2006, 11:45 AM
all you ppl saying research your body when your dead is nothing cause you dont feel it. i fucking hope that someone in your family dieds and people are going to research. afterawards they dump it in the garbage jump.

aznimperialx
Tue, 01-24-2006, 11:48 AM
i see that koko37 wants to be cut opened and tested after he dies

aznroyale
Tue, 01-24-2006, 11:56 AM
and dump it in the garbage after they are done

Ero-Fan
Tue, 01-24-2006, 12:09 PM
People in my family have died, and people close to me as well. I did not mind donating their body to research or cremating them if they asked for it. I also have a donor card in my wallet in case I do die. Very selfish of people to take perfectly good organs with them to the grave. If it can help save someone's life, or further science along, I'm all for it.
Edit: Also, I want my body to be burned if its of no use to anyone, since its cheaper that way.

Mr Squiggles
Tue, 01-24-2006, 12:55 PM
When I die, I wana be on the recieving end of necrophilia, cuz:
I'm gonna make looooove, even when I'm dead.
My body might get cold, but its always hot'n ma bed.
im gonna make looooove...
Sorry, I just had to make that reference to South Park...

Anyways, as Ero-fan and koko say, I'll be dead man, If someone else can use the body I am no longer in to do some good, then let them. In fact, best case scenario in my books is that my hand or some part of me gets mummified and some necromancer uses it as a tool to raise the dead, and then I can say that I helped armagedon. But I guess donating my organs to a patient or helping science will have to do...

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 01-24-2006, 03:26 PM
all you ppl saying research your body when your dead is nothing cause you dont feel it. i fucking hope that someone in your family dieds and people are going to research. afterawards they dump it in the garbage jump.

Then I hope someone you love needs an immediate harvest of organs to live and my dying ass is the only one in the world who can save them.

I WON'T SIGN THE FUCKING PAPERS!!

Besides, what's the difference between researching the animal and giving an autopsy?

Ero-Fan
Tue, 01-24-2006, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel
Besides, what's the difference between researching the animal and giving an autopsy?

I don't see any difference. What's wrong with learning all we can from a corpse? Its not like the animal/person is still alive and we're torturing it or something.

Assertn
Tue, 01-24-2006, 05:59 PM

Interesting that you'd compare a family member to a barely born baby cat.

Cats (and babies, for that matter) are not really sentient to care what happens to its body after death

PSJ
Tue, 01-24-2006, 06:05 PM

Originally posted by: Ero-Fan

cause your life fucking sucks. remember on your tombstone dun put R.I.P put reserach my body and do anything you want. i'll piss at your grave and your body

What the fuck is your problem? Afraid the kitty won't go to heaven if they do research on it?

What does it matter if someone does research on a dead person? They don't do research on people/animals because it's fun, they do it because it may help people in the future.

Terracosmo
Tue, 01-24-2006, 06:31 PM

Among the most ignorant things I've ever read on a forum.

I'm going to sign myself up for after-life research. Not only won't I need my body when I'm dead, I'll get money for doing it too.

And every bit of information the scientists can get might help to ensure that diseases can be cured for those still lingering.

But that's just a bonus of course.

Money~

Darknodin
Tue, 01-24-2006, 07:31 PM
uhm... cats are small when they are born but... they are also born with their eyes closed

and that ball of fur dog... DAAAMN, i'd be afraid of dogs at that point.

Mr Squiggles
Tue, 01-24-2006, 07:39 PM
thats ball of fur sounds like the result of a failed canine transmutation... I hope you didn't feed it any strange red crystals.

PSJ
Thu, 01-26-2006, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

Among the most ignorant things I've ever read on a forum.

I'm going to sign myself up for after-life research. Not only won't I need my body when I'm dead, I'll get money for doing it too.

And every bit of information the scientists can get might help to ensure that diseases can be cured for those still lingering.

But that's just a bonus of course.

Money~
Wait, so you get money while still being alive if you donate your body to research after your death?

If so, that's fucking sweet. How much money are we talking here?

Terracosmo
Thu, 01-26-2006, 09:36 PM
Don't know exactly. It's not money by the size of a lottery grand prize of course, but for practically doing nothing it's pretty nice to get some gold. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Necromas
Thu, 01-26-2006, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by: mage
fake.

Seconded

if it died a day after birth, it couldnt have looked like that.

Cats are born hairless with their eyelids sealed shut.

masamuneehs
Thu, 01-26-2006, 10:22 PM
I get buried on my family plot, yes, my family has our own cemetery. I don't care that its in bad condition or that nobody will ever go see it in the middle of nowhere Tennessee, that's where I'm going.

However, my organs can go to science or to those that need it. However, my liver will be quite useless, as well as my lungs....

Really, some people in this thread-

wait

wait, is this still the "One eyed kitten" thread? Tangents are aplenty these days on the forums. Wowzers. I read this stuff and almost had no idea how it got from the original post and discussion to this point. Jesus tap dancing christ. disagree all you all want, to each your own. I don't give a damn what you do with your body when you die so long as it doesn't involve me.

PSJ
Fri, 01-27-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Don't know exactly. It's not money by the size of a lottery grand prize of course, but for practically doing nothing it's pretty nice to get some gold.

But still, getting a small amount of cash for doing nothing is a good deal to me.

Deadfire
Fri, 01-27-2006, 01:32 PM
But still, getting a small amount of cash for doing nothing is a good deal to me.

Indeed!... Where do I sign up?

PSJ
Fri, 01-27-2006, 07:20 PM
I would tell you if i knew, i'm awaiting Terra's response full with info on this.

Tekkaman Vigorot
Sat, 01-28-2006, 09:18 PM
They wouldn't dump your body into a dumpster, they would make the most out of it as much as possible since getting a human body as research material is rare, most of the time, they get a organ...at most...

A criminal donated his body to science, besides the bullet wound, he was the perfect specimen. They cut his body into millimeter thin sheets then scanned them into a computer, which allowed them a almost perfect 3D model of the human body, inside and out. This allowed information about the human being in much better detail then say a text book. Thanks to this, more accurate results can be made when talking about diseases and researching diseases as a whole, since now you have such valuable research material.

All he did was donate his body, and BOOM, medical science makes a nice leap. How many people must've wished there family member didn't even have to die had their disease was cured, better then worrying about a dead body isn't it? Sheesh, kinda grimey don't you think? When I die, I hope to also be of use to science, if not that, at least turned into some kinda compost and grow a oak tree.... XD

I think it's alot nicer then going through all this useless crap of putting me into a box, spend a while burying the box, just so I can rot inside the box, and you spend thousands letting me rot inside a box... and I don't even know how much material goes into making the box, just to bury it! But that's just my opinion, I just feel it's waste to polish something real nice just to put it 6 feet under...that could've been a hospital bed... or something MUCH more useful! At least back then they simply buried the dead, where it decomposes and becomes worthwhile fertilizer...

If my loved ones buried me in a box... then they haven't been paying much attention. XD