PDA

View Full Version : Flyff

RedX1z
Sun, 01-22-2006, 11:54 AM
Flyff! (http://flyff.gpotato.com/)

this is a cool online rpg. for those that are familiar with rose, it's somewhat similar to that. so, if you're ever bored and need something to do, try giving this a shot, yeah?

if you happen to be around, i go by RedX1.

BioAlien
Sun, 01-22-2006, 01:07 PM
can you post some screenshot?

masamuneehs
Sun, 01-22-2006, 02:09 PM
DLing it now... going to be awhile before I get it up and running...

This will be the first test of my laptop (Dell Inspiron 6000) with running games. I pray this hunk of metal can at least run this game...

ChaosK
Sun, 01-22-2006, 02:43 PM
dur....screenshot? (http://flyff.gpotato.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=20374)

i didnt bother looking any further...

RedX1z
Sun, 01-22-2006, 03:58 PM
i never knew about that, just started playing not so long ago. second, i hope this doesn't stop you from playing the game, it's not really like that or so i think from playing it for 2-3 days.

try judging it on this and not the one above..real screenshots!

better screenshots? (http://flyff.gpotato.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=25918)

Terracosmo
Sun, 01-22-2006, 06:08 PM
I think the screenshots look pretty good. Is this totally free? And not some lame beta period thingy?

masamuneehs
Sun, 01-22-2006, 06:24 PM
motherfuckers.

Downloaded, installed, registered with the website, sat through the long ass patch.

Logged in. 3 servers for English. All of them are full. And I can't change the language setting to let me play in Italian or anything else...

Lame lame lame lame lame!

RedX1z
Sun, 01-22-2006, 06:32 PM
@terra: yeah, it's completely free and it i don't think it's a beta test, least as far i know. curiousity, which screenshots are you talking about?i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

@masamuneehs: does it really matter if it's italian or not? it's the weekend, expect those little kids to run everything, if you try clicking it a little afterwards, it'd work.

BioAlien
Sun, 01-22-2006, 06:45 PM
geez... this game is perverted!
http://i43.photobucket.com/alb...cy/buttshotpyramid.jpg (http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/UncleLucy/buttshotpyramid.jpg)

i'm so going to download it ^^

RedX1z
Sun, 01-22-2006, 07:18 PM
don't be downloading the game for the wrong reasons now. otherwise you'll just be disappointing yourself..i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Tekkaman Vigorot
Sun, 01-22-2006, 10:12 PM
The servers are kinda full on the weekends, you have to log in an out for a few minutes to find one that is available. Be warned, lag is very predominent in this game, thanks to it's age (don't know how old, but it seems pretty new considering the lack of servers and constant changes being made.)

Oh yeah, one nice feature in this game is you can fly freely! This is something you can do when you reach level 20. Looks fun! (weeps from the many people that fly over my low level head...)

RedX1z
Sun, 01-22-2006, 11:40 PM
the lag is bearable in this game, unlike rose. rose had pain in the ass lag back then. i stand by my word, this game is decent. hopefully those new servers they said they were going to add are coming soon.

Ero-Fan
Mon, 01-23-2006, 02:49 PM
I am so dling this game when I get home today (which won't be until 8pm est, sigh). Can anyone tell me what the classes and grouping are like in this game? Those faq's never tell you how practical each class really is in a game.

masamuneehs
Mon, 01-23-2006, 03:51 PM
Yeah, I've also been wondering whether to be an Assist class or a Mage class when I hit level 15. I'm almost always a Warrior/melee fighter of some type, so i'm looking forward to this as a change.

You can find me on one of the 3 English-US channels. Name: DarkBehelit, (only level 9 as of now...)

KoKo37
Mon, 01-23-2006, 04:52 PM
This game looks pretty cool with the flying and stuff, im downloading it right now i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif. Also, how many servers are there, and can you play with your character on all servers? or do you got to keep it on one?

ChaosK
Mon, 01-23-2006, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs
Yeah, I've also been wondering whether to be an Assist class or a Mage class when I hit level 15. I'm almost always a Warrior/melee fighter of some type, so i'm looking forward to this as a change.

You can find me on one of the 3 English-US channels. Name: DarkBehelit, (only level 9 as of now...)

koko, i think this post answers your question.

Ero-Fan
Tue, 01-24-2006, 08:29 AM
I played this game a little bit last night. Fun game, controls are a little awkward till you get used to them. Some of the things remind me of final fantasy 11 online. Except it doesn't delay damage like a bastard like ff did and it also doesn't lock you on a target. I'm a lvl 6 vagrant now, hehe. I shall play more tonite.
Edit: BTW, what the hell is that durability % on items? Does this game have item decay or something?

RedX1z
Tue, 01-24-2006, 09:22 AM
i'm guessing it's like rose, when the durability reaches 0, it will rust. you can still probably use it, but it just won't be as strong as it was, so i'm guessing you go get it repaired in town.

Ero-Fan
Tue, 01-24-2006, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by: UltxDarkRedX1
@terra: yeah, it's completely free and it i don't think it's a beta test, least as far i know. curiousity, which screenshots are you talking about?

Just to reiterate, in the faq section on their website:
Will this game be FREE forever?
Yes. Yes. Yes. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

i'm guessing it's like rose, when the durability reaches 0, it will rust. you can still probably use it, but it just won't be as strong as it was, so i'm guessing you go get it repaired in town.

Sigh, cool, I wonder how much it cost to get the shit repaired? I only ask cause it seems all the equipment has this durability thing. And god, does that website suck for explaining the classes or what? They haven't even added an acrobat section yet.
Edit: Did anyone else go into the forums on FlyFF's website? They butcher the english language so much that it hurt to read it sometimes. OH GOD I'M BLIND!!! God bless Gotwoot's rules on postings in that regard.

RedX1z
Tue, 01-24-2006, 10:44 PM
so, status report, people!

who's playing? who's thinking about playing? what level are you now? what job are you going for? think we'll gather up and form a party?

@ero-fan: yet, you won't believe what kinda idiots i had to party with, 90% of the time i couldn't understand what they were saying, hence, some died a horribly death and some got pissed, because i wasn't stupid enough to understand.

kooshi
Tue, 01-24-2006, 11:23 PM
Played this game during the summer, but I didn't enjoy it very much. It was extremely repetitive to me.

RedX1z
Tue, 01-24-2006, 11:52 PM
over the summer? how exactly old is this game?

Ero-Fan
Wed, 01-25-2006, 08:26 AM
so, status report, people!

who's playing? who's thinking about playing? what level are you now? what job are you going for? think we'll gather up and form a party?

@ero-fan: yet, you won't believe what kinda idiots i had to party with, 90% of the time i couldn't understand what they were saying, hence, some died a horribly death and some got pissed, because i wasn't stupid enough to understand.

I'm used to idiots in a group, I used to play everquest (got tired of it, sold my account for $$). Anyways, I'm playing, so far I like it. I restarted a char and she's lvl 9 now(yes, she, her ass looks better than a guy's, so pfft). I named her Erosukebei. Not sure if that would translate to perverted lecher or erotic lecher, but whatever. I like the game, can't wait till I can become a merc. I haven't done many quests yet, but that's cause I can't find the npcs, or a good map of the place. Always on the english server (engrish sometimes, I swear). My g/f wants to try it out, so I might have her playing too (odds are she'll pick a guy char; no surprises there).

RedX1z
Wed, 01-25-2006, 08:43 AM
first, least you're being honest. it really doesn't make a difference, except for some equipments, but that should be about it. second, damn right, mercs! then straight to blade for me.

Ero-Fan
Wed, 01-25-2006, 09:09 AM
Oh, my yes. And I saw the way they dress the female blades. That alone sold me on my class and character selection.

masamuneehs
Wed, 01-25-2006, 09:31 AM
I'm a Level 15 now, and I've chosen a pure Support Assist as my route. That means I'm essentially a Healer/Cleric type. That means I really can't solo, so I have to put up with idiots. but I can do a good job of keeping people on their feet against mobs that are lvl 20 or so. So if someone here wants reliable healing (and buffs later on), look me up.

Name is : DarkBehelit English servers.

RedX1z
Wed, 01-25-2006, 10:37 AM
level 15 already, that was fast. either that, or i'm just slow. but still, did you just play countless hours in 1 day? did you glue yourself to that screen, masamuneehs?

kooshi
Wed, 01-25-2006, 01:37 PM

Been around since June of 2005.

RedX1z
Wed, 01-25-2006, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by: Ero-Fan
Oh, my yes. And I saw the way they dress the female blades. That alone sold me on my class and character selection.

well, after looking at your previous sig and your current avatar, sorta saw that coming. i would do the same, but i remember what kind of people they'd attract..*shivers*

Originally posted by: kooshi

and here i thought, it's only a few months old, they had all that time, yet, they didn't fix a lot in that time, didn't they?

kooshi
Thu, 01-26-2006, 12:20 AM
I wouldn't know. I only played the game for a couple of weeks before I got extremely bored of it. There's not much to do in the game, other than just leveling. Heck, even the quests aren't that great.

Tekkaman Vigorot
Thu, 01-26-2006, 12:54 AM
The game is only 3 months old and the general populace in "online gaming" is terrible anyway, but I'm sure no one expected an 70 IQ average in these cases anyway! =D

As it is a MMO, repetitiveness depends on your own pace, but generally speaking, MMO's are repetitive if you do pure straight leveling. I myself like exploring and checking out the sights, and just doing stuff whatever I feel like. It hasn't felt repetitive so far, not like compared to D2, or RO (RO is the worst...slow leveling... quests are pointless... AND take forever to complete ;_i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif At least in Flyff, the quests give about 10%-20% exp and tons of money, which is mighty fine for me =D.

Kooshi, maybe you played the korean version? Or whatever nationality it originates from? Cause looking at the patches, the english updates only started since November 17th last year. I dunno, the patches keep coming.

I agree, their site sucks! Next to no information and in-game guides are barely helpful, in RO, they actually tell you where so and so is. The ones in Flyff, just jibber on some nonesense you probably already knew from the getgo. Sigh, they need better presentation =/ The balances however, seem pretty fair. Mages aren't annoying, Archers don't destroy the second they become Archers, and healing items are actually worth using. But meh, that's just from my experiances. Don't know about everyone else. >.>

Ero-Fan
Thu, 01-26-2006, 08:08 AM

Originally posted by: Ero-Fan

well, after looking at your previous sig and your current avatar, sorta saw that coming. i would do the same, but i remember what kind of people they'd attract..*shivers*

Originally posted by: kooshi

and here i thought, it's only a few months old, they had all that time, yet, they didn't fix a lot in that time, didn't they?

You've never played a mmorpg before this one have you? If you had, you would know it takes forever and a day to fix problems that arise in the game. Hell, I was playing EQ for 4+ years and they still had issues all the time. And we payed for it......

RedX1z
Thu, 01-26-2006, 08:14 AM
i played a few in the past actually, ragnarok, rose, diablo 2. i don't think they had any problems to fix, so i'm not sure. the only problem in flyff is the unavoidable lag due to not reseting the servers..

Ero-Fan
Thu, 01-26-2006, 08:21 AM
Eh, so far, my only problem with the game is the massive amount of spamming that goes on. Is there any way to create multiple text windows to like put grp chat in one, or something like that? All the text in 1 window is kinda rough on the eyes.
Edit: I went from 9-13 last night doing all the quests up to the lvl 13 ones. 4 lvls in 5 hours of soloing isn't that bad..

RedX1z
Fri, 01-27-2006, 11:48 AM
it's not bad, that's pretty decent, i think. plus, i'm sure you got a lot of money from doing those quests, right?

Ero-Fan
Fri, 01-27-2006, 11:58 AM
it's not bad, that's pretty decent, i think. plus, i'm sure you got a lot of money from doing those quests, right?

Decent ammounts, yeah. And some equipment and exp. I think I got like 30k total for all the quests up to lvl 13. I'm lvl 14.5 now, sigh.

RedX1z
Fri, 01-27-2006, 12:04 PM
30k, not bad at all, plus, don't beat yourself on that too hard, the quests simply distracted you from leveling.

Ero-Fan
Fri, 01-27-2006, 12:10 PM
30k, not bad at all, plus, don't beat yourself on that too hard, the quests simply distracted you from leveling.

Yeah, but I heard some high lvl people say they had to go back and do some of the low level ones. Not sure why. Besides, if you do them at the minimum levels they require, you're usually fighting stuff that is at least your level.

Aramis
Sat, 01-28-2006, 04:03 PM
i've seen some of my friends playing this, looks allright for a free game but has it's faults. especially the english translation is what you would expect from koreans.

Aclypze
Sat, 01-28-2006, 08:21 PM
I played this game when it just started beta. I think that was back in the summer, SO many bugs at that time. They also only had like 2 jobs. Once I was able to fly thats all I did.... then I stopped.... Game gets really repetitive.