PDA

View Full Version : TV: Surface

Munsu
Fri, 01-20-2006, 12:23 AM
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/3412/surfaceeq7.jpg

Started watching Surface a couple of days ago, and I found it to be a very good series...

Just wondering if any of you guys watch it so that we can discuss it... Last episode was awesome, í'll wait for your responses before discussing further..

darkmetal505
Fri, 01-20-2006, 04:36 PM
i watched up to the point where the boy takes the lizard and deposits it back into the ocean. It was alright.

Paulyboy
Fri, 01-20-2006, 06:09 PM
I read a little about it, about like wierd sea creatures and underwater sea adventures and shit. Sounds interesting to me i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif. Its on Sci-Fi

http://ca.tv.yahoo.com/tvpdb?d...cf=0&id=1808685175 (http://ca.tv.yahoo.com/tvpdb?d=tvi&cf=0&id=1808685175)

Munsu
Sat, 01-21-2006, 07:17 AM
Yeah, but it's really more than that...

Last couple of episodes have been pretty intense...

Plus, there are a couple of hot chicks.

darkmetal505
Sat, 01-21-2006, 11:53 AM
ill watch the rest i guess, bud do you remember what episode it was when the boy released the lizard?

Munsu
Sat, 01-21-2006, 07:05 PM
Last episode you watched was episode 7... We are on episode 12 right now.

Assassin
Wed, 01-25-2006, 01:14 AM
oh man, just watched all 13 eps.....fucking awsome series.

the first few eps with the whole "new species" thing was a really good way to pull viewers in, and then the genetic engineering was an amaznig twist. i really like how they've got this whole conspiricy going.

and to top it all off, the major revelation at the end of ep 13 with the chineese guy. man, i can't wait for the next ep.

btw, anyone else find it kinda cheesy the way they did that ape monster thing? it looked very fake, and the whole 'abandon it in an empty factory' is extremely stupid. not somethign you'd expect from some huge undercover cloning op. I think the writers were high when they wrote that part.

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 01-25-2006, 01:59 PM
I've been wondering if any of you guys have been watching as well. So far I've really been enjoying this series gives me something to look foreward to on mondays. I've seen just about every episode and honestly I got goosebumps of excitement when I saw the preview for the next one (you know the part where you have all the people look towards the ocean as they hear the call of one of the larger creatures). The series isn't perfect there are more then a few blemishes here and there but honestly I love this kinda stuff quite dearly. God knows there aren't enough giant monster/creature movies around so this is the only way to get my fix. Here's hoping that the last episode will feature a huge army of the 200 foot creatures coming ashore and wreaking havok. Considering that they did that scene where all the little ones came ashore my wish might just be granted.

Assassin
Wed, 01-25-2006, 10:12 PM
what do you guys think of that guy they saw under the ocean when they were in teh sub? at first i figured rich(rick?) was hallucanating, but now with miles changing like he is and walking into the water, im not so sure. You think maybe theres a human hybrid type thing controlling them all? perhaps its that doctor who's face hasn't been shown yet.

Munsu
Sat, 01-28-2006, 06:39 AM
Yeah, maybe it wasn't an halluciantion, but I doubt it has anything to do with a doctor controlling them all... In fact, I doubt he can controll them... I think it all has to do with them trying to cover up the possibility of becoming "super humans" like they've become...

dantheman62
Mon, 01-30-2006, 12:47 AM
all i need to say is Lake Bell......(main female character) yummy yum yum, grab a spoon and get in line.

Assassin
Tue, 01-31-2006, 07:07 PM
ep 14 is out

ok episode. not too many major revelations, but we finally know who that doctor really is (not that it was a big mystery after the last episode) and that the creatures weren't an accident.

next episode looks to be intresting. i wanna see more of the lava scenes. hopefully they'll show the destroyed cities as well.

Munsu
Tue, 02-07-2006, 01:53 PM
Yesterday was the season finale... Anyone here has any info on another season or something?

Anyways, it was a fairly good episode... The 3 major characters finally meet each other, I wonder what kind of relationship they'll have from now on...

Anyone find it wierd that the people were getting on a ferry when there's a tsunami coming?

Munsu
Fri, 05-19-2006, 11:05 PM
Man, some bad news... I just learned that NBC cancelled Surface; bunch of assholes...

I'm sure there are a lot of online petitions to save the show, if you have the time go and help some of them...

Here's some site if you want to check it out:

http://savesurface.com/

Lucifus
Fri, 05-19-2006, 11:27 PM
Holy crap, thats some f*cking bull. Surface rules. I didn't know there was a thread for it on Gotwoot. I've been looking forward to season two for a long time and this wasn't what I expected.....T-T

My petitions in...

Munsu
Sat, 05-20-2006, 01:22 AM
Heh, I also decided to sign the petition... I don't know if it makes any difference, but I guess it was worth a shot. I also signed one for Invasion which I spent all this week watching, it was pretty good, but also found itself in the same fate as Surface.

Yukimura
Sun, 05-21-2006, 04:00 AM
OMG surface was awesome! How could they cancel that! I wanted to see how Laura would react to Miles' powers and stuff. And I haven't seen Rich die yet, that crazy monkey had so much potential, but stupid Laura had to scare it off! NOOOOOOOOOO!

PSJ
Sun, 05-21-2006, 06:23 AM
They cancelled Surface? Surface was fucking awesome. I Watched all of it in like a week, it became really interesting in the season finale.

I guess i cansign that petition to.

Munsu
Sat, 05-27-2006, 02:32 AM
Indeed, it was a great series... The series had a lot of pontetial, it was about to get really good since the action had picked-up near the end. I blame reality shows and shows like Deal or No Deal for the cancelletion. People stop watching and supporting these shitty shows, and go watch some shows with some substance and plot instead.

itadakimasu
Mon, 04-09-2007, 11:06 AM
This show was awesome. It's pretty rare for me to pick up a new tv series to watch, this was awesome though.. can't believe it was cancelled.