PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 168 Discussion

Necromas
Thu, 01-19-2006, 01:54 AM
Naruto 168 (http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/)

Looks like we got a change to the intro, they took out the flashbacks and replaced it with a scene for each Jounin and Jiraya and Tsunade, and then showing the genin all running through a forest, and they are keeping the new years outro! I say it's better then the old ones at least.

Discuss.

poopdeville
Thu, 01-19-2006, 01:55 AM
Wow, the best part of that episode was the preview for the next arc, which actually looks kind of decent.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 01-19-2006, 04:03 AM
That was...the most retarded fucking thing I've ever seen in my entire, I mean...ninja cooks...and then...with the punching, and then Rasengan the goddamn noodles?! I mean, ninjas....who are cooks...and that's their fucking job?! Die! Die twice!! RASENGAN ON MOTHERFUCKING NOODLES??!! What the goddamn hell!! CANCER! CANCER FOR EVERYONE!!!

Rasengan....noodles.....

Seriously though. Next arc looks like a winner. Shino + Anko...how could they fuck that up?

Mire
Thu, 01-19-2006, 04:22 AM
Well uhhh, at least they didn't call it ramen of life.. but, are we at a point yet, where we can safely say that it won't get any .. less inventive - not to say worse.

Kraco
Thu, 01-19-2006, 05:04 AM
This was pitiful and bad beyond comprehension. I suppose by now I should be ready to expect any kind of stupidity, no matter how gross, in Naruto fillers, but still the skills of the script writing monkeys can time after time totally surprise me. Too bad the surprise is purely negative each time.

But still I'm foolish enough to hope the next arc will be better... Like DarthEnder said: Perhaps Shino + Anko will give some small meaning to the next story.

Psyke
Thu, 01-19-2006, 07:05 AM
I have to say this is really a dumb episode. The rasengan on the rock a couple of weeks ago seems more acceptable now though.

Ero-Fan
Thu, 01-19-2006, 07:38 AM
Maybe that's what these writers are aiming for. If these fillers are bad enough, we start looking at the older fillers in a new light. Devious bastards. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

masamuneehs
Thu, 01-19-2006, 07:43 AM
How can i discuss something i won't ever DL or watch?

I know people like to vent about the shitiness of the fillers, but being surprised by how shitty they are... Come on, you KNOW the fillers are always going to be bad. The plot ideas boring, the characters introduced lame, the animation subpar, the music recycled.

However, the idea of ninja cooks is... well, they wouldn't need to be ninjas to be cooks, but i always wondered who made those Pills Chouji took and who researched the Soldier Pill that Kiba fed Akamaru and so on. I mean, those are all like Cooking no jutsu oriented, am i right? You are what you eat. I'm shocked they haven't focused on food MORE in Naruto (Curry of Life does not count).

sakura
Thu, 01-19-2006, 10:30 AM
I can't believe I watched this episode. And the whole situation was based on ... on ... a misunderstanding!? I need to go meditate now to rebuild my brain cells.

Knives122
Thu, 01-19-2006, 10:41 AM
I don't think any amount of meditation will ever beable to do that after watching this (I'm glad I didn't watch it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif )

BioAlien
Thu, 01-19-2006, 11:03 AM
quite funny... but still a filler...
lol, Fat Ayame
and how come naruto is still not able to use rasengan without a shitty clone... (does he even pratice!)

Honinbou
Thu, 01-19-2006, 11:35 AM
well, why he still cant do rasengan without a clone is because its a filler, and in fillers the chars and techniques never change,

I have actually nothing to say about this episode, it would be for the best i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif)

I have just this 1 question, does any1 knows when the manga is coming? a couple weeks I heard it would be 20 weeks, how much weeks is it now? some1 knows?
thnx

Kraco
Thu, 01-19-2006, 11:41 AM
You mean when the anime will again be based on the manga? Wasn't it in April?

Ero-Fan
Thu, 01-19-2006, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by: BioAlien
quite funny... but still a filler...
lol, Fat Ayame
and how come naruto is still not able to use rasengan without a shitty clone... (does he even pratice!)

That's it, I'm deleteing all this filler once its over with. I wouldn't even put my worst enemy through this shit.
Edit: Damn you people, refresh button didn't work, and I was gonna say what the two posts above me did.

Divinity
Thu, 01-19-2006, 12:27 PM

Cuz it takes 3 years.

Yukimura
Thu, 01-19-2006, 01:06 PM
Wow...the only thing worth talking about was the opening, Shino is so bad ass he can jump through trees with his hands in his pockets, and apparently Asuma's signiture move is his Knife Knuckles i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif thier cool but not that cool.

On to the unworthy, does the studio put in those crows to let us know we really shouldn't watch the episode if we value our dignity? As soon as I saw them I started thinking Kakashi mask and was able to relax my expectations (filler expectations mind you) enough to sit through this. And for the first time ever I actually noticed the badness of the animation, I'm not much of an artistic judge but the scenes where they were kneading the manga looked so wrong I thought I'd get sick.

There was a thin sliver of light in Sakura's budding Tsunade strength and medicinal knowledge, showing there is some form of growth going on somewhere during this time, but it's pretty pointless. How long ago was the Sasuke chase arc though, I've almost forgotten why I used to watch this show...

Ero-Fan
Thu, 01-19-2006, 01:13 PM
Something like episode 133 was the end of the Sasuke chase arc, I think. And you just noticed now that the animation has gone down the drain? Where have you been these past months?

DarthEnderX
Thu, 01-19-2006, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by: Honinbou
well, why he still cant do rasengan without a clone is because its a filler, and in fillers the chars and techniques never change,

Except Sakura is already displaying Tsunade's super strength apparently.

I have just this 1 question, does any1 knows when the manga is coming? a couple weeks I heard it would be 20 weeks, how much weeks is it now? some1 knows?
thnx

DB is actually keeping a count during the opening credits. They say 12 weeks left of filler, but it's 11 by my count.

Ero-Fan
Thu, 01-19-2006, 01:47 PM
April 5th was supposed to be the actual date the anime gets back on track with the manga, right?

Divinity
Thu, 01-19-2006, 01:47 PM
Ahh.. the website is down =\

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 01-19-2006, 01:49 PM
This episode was hilarious, you guys drink too much haterade. You didn't even giggle when you saw naruto's ramen tribute to kakashi and jiraiya? No wonder the boy is dumb, artsy-type people typically are.

And this next filler looks great. Mmm Anko. I wonder why she has a hairy muff in all her hentai.

The animation seemed to me like it was really lacking in some places and shining in others... I think in most instances Sakura looked cuter than usual.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 01-19-2006, 02:42 PM
With all of this filler crap I can't help but wonder who the hell the naruto anime is supposed to be targeting in japan. All of the filler crap seems like it's aimed at eight-year-olds. I know that this is a shounen anime but still I had always thought that naruto bore a mass appeal similar to how in the states pixar movies cross all kinds of age barriors appealing to a very large audience. Am I wrong? Is this shit supposed to appeal to the lowest-common denomenator infantile japanese children. Because that's who the fillers seem to be targeting. Was a mistaken, was all the characer driven stuff false. Was it all just a dream. Then again when I show the old naruto episodes to new people I faith in the series is reaffirmed but still I can't help but wonder who is being targeted by the fricking retarded fillers as well as the ridiculously dumb movies.

Terracosmo
Thu, 01-19-2006, 03:36 PM
Well, I never thought I'd see the ramen guy in a prominent role... that much is for sure. Most of the episode was true pain, but it was all redeemed at the end. Hell, it's been a long time I laughed so hard. My favorite parts being:

1) When all the ninjas became fat and fell down from the trees by breaking the branches ROFL
2) When Ayame got fat and the old man started crying
3) Old man becoming ultra thin

Funny stuff. Sucky, but funny.

Also, in honor of the awesomeness that is the "Ahou Bird", I have decided to issue a contest. Behold:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/joshuajerand/ahouavatar.gif

This avatar depicts the legendary "Ahou Bird". The contest is as follows: The first person who downloads this avatar, uses it, and posts here in this topic will receive a SUPER SPECIAL PRIZE! in the form of a SUPER SPECIAL CUSTOM TITLE!

HOWEVER. There is one catch: in order to gain the title, you must swear to use the Ahou Bird as your avatar in the future, and love it with all of your heart. If you change avatar after that, your title will be removed, and depending on the feelings of the Ahou Bird you might even get a vacation. SO CHOOSE WISELY IF YOU DARE TO ENTER THIS CONTEST AND MERGE WITH THE AWESOMENESS THAT IS THE... AHOU BIRD!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/joshuajerand/ahouavatar.gif

Happy hunting! Contest starts... NOW!

Ero-Fan
Thu, 01-19-2006, 03:45 PM
Wow, um, sorry. Not that desperate for a custom title. Good idea, though. Feel bad for the poor bastard who takes this, unless he/she had no avatar to begin with.

Kraco
Thu, 01-19-2006, 04:08 PM
The super special custom title will be probably: "Ahou"...

Well, I'm sure there are people who would have well earned such a title...

Edit: I already have a bird avatar, anyway...

redemption2
Thu, 01-19-2006, 04:37 PM
sure, I'll do it. I'm bored with my original avatar anyway.

Terra, don't forget, I DID give Yzak a few extra lines in OFA for you, so that better not be a super-shitty title.

Terracosmo
Thu, 01-19-2006, 04:55 PM
After a fight so incredibly fierce that it will echo throughout eternity, redemption2 managed to come out on top of the crumbling ordeal and as a result met with the ahou bird:

Ahou Bird: My lost son, long have I waited for this moment, to meet you who dared to climb through all the peril on this divine road!
redemption2: Truly! Now where is that flashy price?
Ahou Bird: There is no prize! This has been a ploy all along, for you see, my body is getting worn out and I need a new host! MWAH HAHAHA!!!
redemption2: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

...and so, redemption2 merged with the Ahou Bird and became "The Legendary Ahou Bird". Their existances are from this moment forever entwined.

Congratulations.

God, I am laughing so hard right now. That avatar and that title in combination just makes my day. I suck.

UChessmaster
Thu, 01-19-2006, 04:56 PM
I swear to use the Ahou Bird as my avatar in the future, and love it with all my heart.

(redemption2 fogot to swear.)

Terracosmo
Thu, 01-19-2006, 04:58 PM
Unfortunately you were too late for the ritual, but you could always color the bird red and pretend to be Ahou Bird Junior i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

xDarkMaster
Thu, 01-19-2006, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by: UChessmaster
I swear to use the Ahou Bird as my avatar in the future, and love it with all my heart.

(redemption2 fogot to swear.)

redemption2 beat you to it

UChessmaster
Thu, 01-19-2006, 05:00 PM
Can i get a Ahou Bird Junior tittle?

Terracosmo
Thu, 01-19-2006, 05:02 PM
Well why not. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

*laughs some more*

UChessmaster
Thu, 01-19-2006, 05:03 PM
Cool thanks... but i have no art so i can`t paint my avatar red : (

infamous
Thu, 01-19-2006, 05:04 PM
i just skimed though it only thing that looks good might be the next ep

Aramis
Thu, 01-19-2006, 05:05 PM
this episode was hilarious, it was intended so that you always know what happens/is shown next.
like when the cook ninja boss was like "screw you naruto, you can't serve to a hundred people at the same time" it was funny because everyone knows he can do it easily.

MFauli
Thu, 01-19-2006, 05:06 PM
Argh, i should have refreshed the site....XD

But... i had no avatar before :-(

Terracosmo
Thu, 01-19-2006, 05:07 PM
Uchess, I made you a Junior avatar:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/joshuajerand/ahoujunior.gif

As you can see, he is not red, but he is a smoker. And therefore more badass than his father. He also looks pissed off.

And yes, I have the worst sense of humor on the planet.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 01-19-2006, 05:09 PM
Smoke is a joke if you're a teen!

David Craft
Thu, 01-19-2006, 05:12 PM
ROFL nice Terra

all that fuss for a title too. Some ppl are deperate i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif but ah well

speaking of desperate... seams thats what the script writers are for a story. They prob sit around drinking some sake and write random thing son paper and thow them in a hat. Then some one picks three papers out. They would be like:

Ramen
Ninja
Kidnapping

Then they make an episode out of it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

It wasnt the worst... but damn... I laughed my ass off when he used rasengon YET AGAIN... and on the dough... wow.

redemption2
Thu, 01-19-2006, 05:14 PM
*sigh* Not sure if I should thank you or not Terra, but hey, I had no avatar, just that generic boy with a heoun in his hair, so that'll work.

Edit: Hey, does this mean I can go flapping through threads calling "Ahou! Ahou!" to stupid posts?

UChessmaster
Thu, 01-19-2006, 05:26 PM
Yes! I am t3h smoker, i`ll put that avatar on my msn now thanks terra!

can anyone take a pic of naruto doing rasengan to the noddle? i want to show it to a friend but when i screen it i get a black screen

isso
Thu, 01-19-2006, 06:08 PM
What have naruto been reduced to?

I have offiacialy lost hope..

el_boss
Thu, 01-19-2006, 06:09 PM
This episode was so by I almost thought I was dreaming (night-maring?). I was thinking while watching "Damn it would be so stupid if he rasenganed the noodles" and the he actually did it. And since when is Sakura strong? Are they trying to make an exact Tsunade copy now?

The evil cook probably had the most uninspired design ever in the show, but I liked his voice.

The best thing about this episode was that it was an one episode arc. We won't need to see more of Sakura.

Necromas
Thu, 01-19-2006, 06:14 PM
Lets see what this episode screwed up:

-fat ninjas
-RASENGAN ON RAMEN NOODLES
-chef ninjas
-chef ninja battle
-even more bad animation

What it did right:

-slightly improved intro
-kept the better outro
-possibility of a better filler arc next

Basically the entire actual episode was a steaming pile of crap.

UChessmaster
Thu, 01-19-2006, 06:42 PM
and is weird but im actually expecting next episode to be good but then i think wait... is just a filler but anko... filler... anko... filler... im confused i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

nests
Thu, 01-19-2006, 06:53 PM
nests at 3:00 p.m. Watches episode.........
nests at 3:25 p.m.cries..........
nests at 3:26 p.m.remenices about the good old days...................
nests at 3:30 p.m.reads manga an tells himeself that it will get better..........

masamuneehs
Thu, 01-19-2006, 06:57 PM
god save us all from the stupidty and insanity that has taken over this forum...

Terra, what kind of drugs are you on and where can i get them?

To the two birds of a feather... christ, what can i say? Is it worth it? Are those horrible custom titles seriously worth the avatar and...
But you know, with how bad some of the custom titles are, I guess Ahou Birds are pretty cool shit around Gotwoot.

Wait, no, sanity regained. Hahahahaha. (laughing AT you, not with you)

on topic: (this is the Naruto section, right?)
I've always liked Anko for her bootyliciousness, but I fear she's going to be put to shame in the upcoming fillers. Therefore I will DL next episode, but I can already hear the people complaining about how they're ruining another character with the crappy fillerness.

UChessmaster
Thu, 01-19-2006, 07:05 PM
you`re just jelaous xD

Divinity
Thu, 01-19-2006, 07:53 PM
Is the DB site down or something? It's saying cannot find server for me.

UChessmaster
Thu, 01-19-2006, 08:11 PM
woks for me

DarthEnderX
Thu, 01-19-2006, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by: UChessmaster
and is weird but im actually expecting next episode to be good but then i think wait... is just a filler but anko... filler... anko... filler... im confused

I'll be honest, the preview actually does a good job of making the next episode look like a winner.

Carnage
Thu, 01-19-2006, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs
god save us all from the stupidty and insanity that has taken over this forum...

Terra, what kind of drugs are you on and where can i get them?

To the two birds of a feather... christ, what can i say? Is it worth it? Are those horrible custom titles seriously worth the avatar and...
But you know, with how bad some of the custom titles are, I guess Ahou Birds are pretty cool shit around Gotwoot.

Wait, no, sanity regained. Hahahahaha. (laughing AT you, not with you)

on topic: (this is the Naruto section, right?)
I've always liked Anko for her bootyliciousness, but I fear she's going to be put to shame in the upcoming fillers. Therefore I will DL next episode, but I can already hear the people complaining about how they're ruining another character with the crappy fillerness.

Terra was prolly just drunk. Or high. Thats really the only way you can enjoy a filler *sigh*i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

aznroyale
Thu, 01-19-2006, 09:09 PM
now i want noodles lols

darkmetal505
Thu, 01-19-2006, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by: aznroyale
now i want noodles lols

oh yea man... I watched this episode when I was hungry... big mistake... i want some asian noodles

IFHTT
Thu, 01-19-2006, 11:38 PM
Holy god, I am fairly new to Naruto. I just recently started watching the fansubs and right before I got to the fillers, I was snooping around the forums and noticing all these "The Fillers Are Ruining Naruto" posts. I was thinking to myself, geez what a bunch of crybabies they can't be THAT bad... and then starting last week I caught up to present on fillers and I have to say, they are some of the worst crap anime I've ever seen, and I def. agree with everyones feelings towards them... It's almost getting as bad as the ripoff american anime wannabe crap. I haven't dl'd this one yet, but Ninja cooks? Noodle Rasengan? Do I even really want to? I may as well. I still like watching it, sorta.

Hopefully next weeks will be as promising as you guys are making it sound.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 01-19-2006, 11:46 PM
Ninja cooks own the main storyline.

I hope fillers last forever.

ShinobiNiNaritai
Fri, 01-20-2006, 02:15 AM
*sigh*
A naruto episode has never gone by with me being mindlessly numb to it this much before. It went by so fast that when it was over I couldnt believe that it has been 23mins already. And I couldnt recall anything I would wish to relate to someone else.
If anything I would say that this is the only time I would condone the use of steriods. Naruto needs a big dose of energy to rev it up.

Honinbou
Fri, 01-20-2006, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by: Kraco
You mean when the anime will again be based on the manga? Wasn't it in April?

Yes thats what I mean i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Originally posted by: DarthEnder
DB is actually keeping a count during the opening credits. They say 12 weeks left of filler, but it's 11 by my count.

I like your count better i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Kraco
Fri, 01-20-2006, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel

Heretic Azazel finally cracked. Now we have seen the proof that the time any man can stand Naruto fillers is indeed finite.

poopdeville
Fri, 01-20-2006, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

1) When all the ninjas became fat and fell down from the trees by breaking the branches ROFL
Funny stuff. Sucky, but funny.

Agreed, that was hilarious. I liked it how they made it seem like a generic "running through the forest" scene and sort of snuck it in. Subtle slap-stick is rare, and always appreciated.

ES
Fri, 01-20-2006, 09:15 AM
Omg..It's Cooking Master Boy all over again!

But did I see Oro and Sasugay somewhere over there?

Astronopolis
Fri, 01-20-2006, 10:38 AM
you guys piss and moan too much, its been stated before a great many times, that if you dont like it just dont watch. i dont take naruto all that seriously and i dont have super high expectations as i think its a middle teir show and not worth getting worked up over, so i dont really care if the episode doesnt have OMG NINJAS KICKING AZZ AND DECAPITATIONS AND HEAVY METAL. and who cares if the artwork is a little less than expected? you can tell who is who and what theyre doing right? if it gets so bad that you cant understand what is going on on-screen, then fine, i officially give you license to complain.

anyway, i didnt think this episode was particularly great, nor was it completely terrible, it was what it was, a silly Yakitate Japan spoof/ripoff/homage, i seriously thought naruto was going to have sakura hit his hands again so he could knead the dough with "Solar Hands" like in Yakitate. i was a bit dissapointed when he didnt i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Ero-Fan
Fri, 01-20-2006, 10:49 AM
So, what are we supposed to discuss then? Are we all supposed to just say, "This episode was alright, not great, but alright."? That would get fucking boring really fast. Its not like the show has been this quality from the get-go, its just gotten worse. So, what's so wrong with complaining? If you used to like something, then they turned it to shit, wouldn't you complain too? And even you complained by saying you were disappointed in part of it. Very hypocritical of you.

Kensee
Fri, 01-20-2006, 10:50 AM
For some reason, I swear I thoguht Choji was gonna disown Konahana and become the new leader of the cook-ninjas.

Anyhow it was ok, the ultimate move on a layer of ramen dough was a bit much but eh, 11 more weeks, tough it out ^_^.

The previews of the next episode look very nice, it seems like they are going to go into Anko's past cause there was a lil hint at oro's smiling lil grin.
Plus ... anko was underwater ... we know what happens to wet shirts.
i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Ero-Fan
Fri, 01-20-2006, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by: Kensee

Please, please god let her be in a white shirt..

Kraco
Fri, 01-20-2006, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by: Astronopolis
if it gets so bad that you cant understand what is going on on-screen, then fine, i officially give you license to complain.

Last time I checked we don't need a license from you in order to complain.

You piss and moan too much. If you don't like these threads, don't read them. The reason why I originally began to read this forum was to read the episode discussion threads. They were great especially right after the fillers started. Certainly they offered more amusement than the actual filler episodes. Nowadays people are understandably already tired of trying to come up with new insults, and so discussion threads tend to be somewhat plain. But such is life.

UChessmaster
Fri, 01-20-2006, 11:56 AM
we need licenses to complain?

Ero-Fan
Fri, 01-20-2006, 12:02 PM
Hahaha. I guess I shall be the first to apply for one:
Name: Ero-Fan
Date of Application: 1/20/06
Reason for License: So I can bitch about Naruto all day long without some retart complaining about how much I complain about Naruto fillers.

masamuneehs
Fri, 01-20-2006, 12:09 PM
The reason why I originally began to read this forum was to read the episode discussion threads. They were great especially right after the fillers started. Certainly they offered more amusement than the actual filler episodes.

that is so true. Now its come to the point where I don't even subject myself to the trashy fillers. Instead I simply come and see if there's any funny shit from people on the forums. And yeah, it has been alot of the same old complaints, but as long as they're intelligent (or amusing) observations and rants, I have no beef with people going and saying their fill.

I would join a Cooking-ninja clan. Think about it, every nation would desire your succulent meals, especially if you could use your Chef-no-jutsu to create dishes that improve abilities. Also, imagine if you trained hard enough as a Ninja Chef and combined those skills with Gen-jutsu. You could serve a person a piece of shit and they'd sit there eating it (and enjoying it if the gen-jutsu was good enough). How fucking funny would that be?

redemption2
Fri, 01-20-2006, 01:41 PM
you guys piss and moan too much, its been stated before a great many times, that if you dont like it just dont watch. i dont take naruto all that seriously and i dont have super high expectations as i think its a middle teir show and not worth getting worked up over, so i dont really care if the episode doesnt have OMG NINJAS KICKING AZZ AND DECAPITATIONS AND HEAVY METAL. and who cares if the artwork is a little less than expected? you can tell who is who and what theyre doing right? if it gets so bad that you cant understand what is going on on-screen, then fine, i officially give you license to complain.

Guess you'll be the first one to use my new title on.

Ahou! Ahou! Ahou ka?

Ah, that felt good.

Ero-Fan
Fri, 01-20-2006, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by: redemption2

Guess you'll be the first one to use my new title on.

Ahou! Ahou! Ahou ka?

Ah, that felt good.

Awww, man Astro, how does it feel to be the first victim of "The Legendary Ahou Bird"? You are now officially a filler. roflmao

DarthEnderX
Fri, 01-20-2006, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by: Ero-Fan

Anko doesn't even WEAR a shirt. She wears a fishnet tanktop. I can't fathom WHY we can't see her nipples through it allready. It violates the laws of physics.

redemption2
Fri, 01-20-2006, 02:34 PM
because if we could, then naruto would have an R-15 rating, and since it plays to younger audiences than 15 in japan, they'd never allow that.

Ero-Fan
Fri, 01-20-2006, 03:12 PM
Anko doesn't even WEAR a shirt. She wears a fishnet tanktop. I can't fathom WHY we can't see her nipples through it allready. It violates the laws of physics.

Originally posted by: redemption2
because if we could, then naruto would have an R-15 rating, and since it plays to younger audiences than 15 in japan, they'd never allow that.

That's why I want her to wear a shirt, because otherwise we'd have no chance in hell of seeing any more than we already do.
R-15? Is that kind of like the tvma ratings in the US or the PG-13/R etc. ratings?

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 01-20-2006, 03:45 PM

Heretic Azazel finally cracked. Now we have seen the proof that the time any man can stand Naruto fillers is indeed finite.

Damnable Japanese brainwashing.

DEATH TO NARUTO FILLERS!!

*BUZZ*

I LOVE THOSE CRAZY NARUTO FILLERS!!

Ero-Fan
Fri, 01-20-2006, 03:57 PM
DEATH TO NARUTO FILLERS!!

*BUZZ*

I LOVE THOSE CRAZY NARUTO FILLERS!!

Ahh, a Futurama quote modified, that takes me back..... fond memories.

Kensee
Fri, 01-20-2006, 06:23 PM

Originally posted by: Ero-Fan

Your physics dont apply here!!!! ><
maybe there will be a little slip while underwater and something could be shownn.

and umm ... beh lost train of thought.

Lucifus
Fri, 01-20-2006, 08:34 PM
I didn't take the time to read over all the posts, so I'm not sure if anyones noticed it yet, but, I am pretty sure Orochimaru is in the next episode preview.
@Kensee, is your avatar from Gunz: The Duel?

DarthEnderX
Fri, 01-20-2006, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by: Lucifus
@Kensee, is your avatar from Gunz: The Duel?I can answer for him that it is.

Aeon
Fri, 01-20-2006, 11:58 PM
Mybe it's cause I'm hungry but this ep made me go and make some oodles n noodles i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif. And Finally we get a mission with Ino, I've already had my Neji and Tenten fix so it was only right to have a arc involving Ino. Adding Anko to the mix will be nice, I may be the only person actually looking forward to the next arc.

ShinobiNiNaritai
Sat, 01-21-2006, 01:19 AM
You know, you're right Aeon.
I really really wanted me some Ramen. At the end of the episode I was like how naruto was in the beginning going "ramen, Ramen, RAMEN!!"
I want me some ramen!
That does not in anyway redeem this episode at all.

TS8
Sat, 01-21-2006, 03:22 AM
WTF gay. I could see the rasengan coming a mile away. Besides, wouldn't it completely obliterate the dough? Last I checked, it was powerful enough to grind organs into a homogeneous paste, or at least cause a threaded hole in a man's stomach.

aznroyale
Sat, 01-21-2006, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by: ShinobiNiNaritai
You know, you're right Aeon.
I really really wanted me some Ramen. At the end of the episode I was like how naruto was in the beginning going "ramen, Ramen, RAMEN!!"
I want me some ramen!
That does not in anyway redeem this episode at all.

come over to my home for ramen hmmmm ramen

Lucifus
Sat, 01-21-2006, 01:29 PM
I didn't take the time to read over all the posts, so I'm not sure if anyones noticed it yet, but, I am pretty sure Orochimaru is in the next episode preview.
@Kensee, is your avatar from Gunz: The Duel?

ARGH, Is it just me?!?!? Or has no one seen my post?!?! Is it just me seeing things or does Orochimaru get some screen time in the episode preview!?! Doesn't show his eyes but sees his earrings and his unmistakeable evil smile.
EDIT: I'd love to take some screenshots, but I can't for some reason.............Check out these exact times for Orochimarus 2 seconds of screenplay, he could possibly be in a filler o.0 "0:22:58"

el_boss
Sat, 01-21-2006, 02:07 PM
Found the images but don't know if it's Orochi. The smile doesn't look that evil. We know that there is some sort of connection between Orochi and Anko, don't recall what it was though. But it would be extremely odd if Orochi would show in these fillers, that would be too close to the real plot.

http://hem.bredband.net/ashkan_h/naruto_1.png

http://hem.bredband.net/ashkan_h/naruto_2.png

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 01-21-2006, 02:30 PM
Those are Oro's earrings.

darkmetal505
Sat, 01-21-2006, 02:36 PM
yea, that does look like oro. Maybe they just show what hes doing with sasuke or something.

Kraco
Sat, 01-21-2006, 02:42 PM
Or Anko is remembering something Oro said or did in the past, and they were lame enough to include such a remembrance sequence in the preview...

Lucifus
Sat, 01-21-2006, 03:10 PM
Yay!! I made a discovery...........But Orochimaru in a filler.................They screw up Orochimaru and I'll kill them...............IT BETTER be a remembrance scene!

ImitationSanen
Sat, 01-21-2006, 03:20 PM
I feel like sueing the creators for the 22 minutes of my life I just wasted watching this episode. Sakura already having tsunades super strength better just be filler garbage. I hope they don't end up trying to create another Legendary 3 with Naruto Sakura and Sasuke becoming evil like Orichimaru did. I think at that point, a Mob with Torches and Pitchforks should be dispatched to the Naruto production studios.

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 01-21-2006, 04:10 PM
Yes, let us get mad when the story doesn't turn out the way we think it should go. Brilliant. What do you want Sakura to do, remain useless? People bitch when she doesn't do anything and bitch when she does. Bunch of bitches.

el_boss
Sat, 01-21-2006, 05:26 PM
@Imitation Sanen: I'm afraid that has already happened, the new sannin thing that is.

@Azazel: The thing is that Sakura has never been known for her immense strenght. She has always been useless at everything, and now all of sudden she brings out this super strenght. She should stick to what she does best, which is pining for Sasuke.

anphorus
Sat, 01-21-2006, 05:31 PM
Her having uber strength makes absolutely perfect sense. If she were to get it after a year or tow of training, but here it just seems s though she pulled a new move out of her ass. It'd be like naruto not knowing rasengan one episodes, and then being able to do it perfectly with no training the next, it just doesn't make any damn sense.

Kraco
Sat, 01-21-2006, 05:31 PM
I think the Sakura super strenght was just an artistic thing for this particular episode. It was an Ahou episode, after all. Nothing more, really. And besides it was directed at Naruto, in the end. Anime is filled with girls who suddenly gain super strenght when they need to kick some wits into a blockhead guy.

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 01-21-2006, 06:28 PM
Maybe Sakura is a quick learner, besides, it's been quite a while since Sakura has been training with Tsunade, it's only natural she's well-versed in such things. I'm sure it isn't as accurate or well-channeled as Tsunade but it is the product of her influence.

Mizuchi
Sat, 01-21-2006, 10:16 PM
Why not just kychioso-no-jutsu a turkey, then eat him? Or those annoying frogs. Also, if I was Naruto and i had not trained in 20 episodes, for some good practice I would try taking on those cook shinobi. Or, to practice my Kychiosu-no-jutsu, I would summon gama-sumthing (the big frog guy) and just step on them all. But noooooooooooooo, he has to make noodles and bake like a sissy.

Deadfire
Sat, 01-21-2006, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by: Mizuchi
Why not just kychioso-no-jutsu a turkey, then eat him? Or those annoying frogs. Also, if I was Naruto and i had not trained in 20 episodes, for some good practice I would try taking on those cook shinobi. Or, to practice my Kychiosu-no-jutsu, I would summon gama-sumthing (the big frog guy) and just step on them all. But noooooooooooooo, he has to make noodles and bake like a sissy.

because it's filler what more of a reason do you want?

personally i found it to be funny at some parts and make me want to turn it off in others

Aeon
Sun, 01-22-2006, 12:18 AM
Yay!! I made a discovery...........But Orochimaru in a filler.................They screw up Orochimaru and I'll kill them...............IT BETTER be a remembrance scene!

From what I gathered from the preview Anko was having a bad dream involving a past event with Oro. You see her laying in bed in a cold sweat.

mage
Sun, 01-22-2006, 12:35 AM
raped

Honinbou
Sun, 01-22-2006, 10:01 AM
I believe that sakura already had that super strenght!
the filler that they had to help in a race. On the boat she just pulled of the mast and started to swing it at people,
and I remember naruto thinking: "wow! I didn't know sakura had that monstrous strenght"
so it ain't that new,

and about the 3 sannin wannabe, I'm sure that will come because, sakura get trained bij tsunade, sasuke gets trained bij orochimaru and naruto get trained bij that "ero" guy (forgot his name i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Terracosmo
Sun, 01-22-2006, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by: el_boss

Oro's smile is so fucking hot.

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 01-22-2006, 11:50 AM
Let's just forget Sakura tearing up that boat ehhh

Kraco
Sun, 01-22-2006, 12:03 PM
Wasn't that a filler, as well? So, it wouldn't count any more than this episode.

Sapphire
Sun, 01-22-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

Originally posted by: el_boss

Oro's smile is so fucking hot.

Damn right. He looks too much like Sasuke in that one though.

BioAlien
Sun, 01-22-2006, 02:36 PM
he sure look like oro... but it can't be....

also... why naruto have to be in every filler arc! sure he is the main character, but its a Filler, we don't need to see his damn face in every filler arc!

Necromas
Sun, 01-22-2006, 05:57 PM
Ya it can, I predict the next episode gives us some backstory on Ankos past with Orochimaru, and this scene is simply a flashback in which she sees orochimaru.

darkmetal505
Sun, 01-22-2006, 06:25 PM
well if it is about anko's past, I hope they don't screw it up, and how do they know that kishimoto won't add that later in the manga.

Sapphire
Sun, 01-22-2006, 06:28 PM
Dude it's an anime. If they are going to add something as important as Anko's past, they would ask Kishimoto about it first, lol..

darkmetal505
Sun, 01-22-2006, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by: Sapphire
Dude it's an anime. If they are going to add something as important as Anko's past, they would ask Kishimoto about it first, lol..

haha, well im not sure of that... would he have allowed a curry of life filler?

BioAlien
Sun, 01-22-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by: darkmetal505

umm yes he would, probably... uhm.. maybe?... no... he would not... but most of manga author don't have anything to do with the anime

DarthEnderX
Sun, 01-22-2006, 07:54 PM
Last I checked, it was powerful enough to grind organs into a homogeneous paste

"Last you checked" musta been in some fantasy world then, because it hasn't done that once in the series.

We know that there is some sort of connection between Orochi and Anko, don't recall what it was though.

Orochimaru is to Anko what Kakashi is to Naruto/Sasuke/Sakura.

mage
Sun, 01-22-2006, 07:59 PM

Orochimaru is to Anko what Kakashi is to Naruto/Sasuke/Sakura.
i think its a bit more than that from what we know about orochimaru and little kids.

darkmetal505
Sun, 01-22-2006, 08:37 PM

umm yes he would, probably... uhm.. maybe?... no... he would not... but most of manga author don't have anything to do with the anime

but the anime is supposed to follow the manga to a certain extent.

Sapphire
Mon, 01-23-2006, 12:06 AM

The curry of life filler didn't affect the plot of the manga in anyway... and obviously Kishimoto DID allow the curry of life fliler arc...

ImitationSanen
Mon, 01-23-2006, 12:17 AM
[quote]
This episode was hilarious, you guys drink too much haterade. You didn't even giggle when you saw naruto's ramen tribute to kakashi and jiraiya? No wonder the boy is dumb, artsy-type people typically are.

Ill admit it, those two parts made me laugh pretty hard. The one of Kakashi was really good. The one of Jiraya made him look like he had a lions mane.

"And this next filler looks great. Mmm Anko. I wonder why she has a hairy muff in all her hentai"

Ive wondered aswell, it has to be her jungle survivor apparel.

Assertn
Mon, 01-23-2006, 02:34 AM
There isn't a font-size large enough to type a <sigh> worthy of describing this episode

DarthEnderX
Mon, 01-23-2006, 02:38 AM
The curry of life filler didn't affect the plot of the manga in anyway... and obviously Kishimoto DID allow the curry of life fliler arc...

I got a news flash for you. Manga writers don't actually have power of veto over the anime. They get like a laundy list of things they shouldn't do to keep from completely messing up the plot. And aside from that they can pretty much do whatever they feel like.

Which is why fillers blow so much.

I mean, do you honestly think somebody called up Kishimoto and said "okay so we wanna do this episode where we have ninja chefs and naruto will use rasengan on some pasta" and Kishimoto goes "Sounds great! Go with it!"

Kraco
Mon, 01-23-2006, 04:12 AM
I mean, do you honestly think somebody called up Kishimoto and said "okay so we wanna do this episode where we have ninja chefs and naruto will use rasengan on some pasta" and Kishimoto goes "Sounds great! Go with it!"

Could have happened. Kishimoto checked the calling phone number before answering, and saw it was from the anime director. He picked the phone, and answered: "Sounds great!" to everything said just to get rid of the monkey as soon as possible.

ImitationSanen
Mon, 01-23-2006, 05:48 AM
Rofl, he probably sits at home and cries when he watches the filler eps. Its sort of like when someone sells their life story to be made into a based on a true story movie script. They go from farmer, to a super secret spy drug dealer at the whym of the Script Writing monkeys.

Terracosmo
Mon, 01-23-2006, 11:04 AM
Basically the anime has the rights to do "their own version of the manga". Contrary to popular belief, anime isn't made to copy the manga and put it on the big screen - it just uses the manga as a reference. Which is why they can easily add new scenes, filler episodes and so on..

Edort4
Mon, 01-23-2006, 12:18 PM
I'm sure that things in the anime world in tokyo tv move the same way as they do on hollywood and so. Producers, editors etc want some things included in them no matter the cost (this remembers me about Superman Lives (http://www.youtube.com/w/Superman-Lives?v=gUU_Vs1BL0E&search=superman%20lives) ).

Sure those marvelous writers have something to do too. Hope next chapter is at least watchable.

ChaosK
Mon, 01-23-2006, 05:58 PM
the 2 parts i liked was, near the end where we saw all the girls, temari, tenten, ino, hinata, anko and kurenai all waiting in line for that ramen. also...i liked the preview, anko+shino=ownage. and was it just me or did it look like sasuke was lying on the floor with a fever...

Lefty
Tue, 01-24-2006, 10:51 PM
I just watched this ep and and my first thought was if Kishimoto were dead he'd be ass up in his grave right about now.

RedX1z
Fri, 01-27-2006, 11:44 AM
regardless for a weird filler episode, this just suceeded in making me want to get some ramen. other than that, it was not good, but not too bad either..

Fudgeman
Fri, 01-27-2006, 12:11 PM
i refuse to watch this time wasting piece of crap, i hate the fillers so much im not gunna even read this thread

postcount +1

Kyuuzou
Sat, 01-28-2006, 02:26 AM
Heh sure I mean they are fillers so it's only 2 be expected that you not gonna be happy with it but eh.... I mean when they are done and the real action begins, You Can't Complain No More.!