PDA

View Full Version : Some guys I drew

Mr Squiggles
Mon, 01-16-2006, 01:46 AM
Well, I've been meaning to post some of my drawings but never got around to it until now, so, here goes nothing! I know i'm not the best artist out there and that I need more practise, so constructive criticism is welcome.

Mith1 (http://img30.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mith1small8fj.png)
This one I drew quite a while ago...

Mith2 (http://img3.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mith21ph.png)
Same guy(forgive the brightness, my scanner was being a jerk and wouldnt change it.)

Anyways, please tell me what you guys think, I might update with other pics, but no promises.

SamuraiX-
Mon, 01-16-2006, 05:30 AM
Those are pretty cool, alot better than I could do. XD

Well, I'm not really that good with making up images in my head and then transfering them on paper. However, if you give me a visual image, I could pretty much draw it and make it look like I traced it. Yeah, I'm weird. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Splash!
Mon, 01-16-2006, 03:01 PM
i really like the first one, the town in the background

Splash!
Mon, 01-16-2006, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by: splash
i really like the first one, especially the town in the background

Mr Squiggles
Tue, 01-17-2006, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by: splash
i really like the first one, especially the town in the background
Thx, but man, that town was such a pain to draw. Wasnt hard or anything, just that drawing each house/road/etc took a ridiculously long time. I think I spend like 1-2 hours on just that stupid thing i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Originally posted by: SamuraiX-
Well, I'm not really that good with making up images in my head and then transfering them on paper. However, if you give me a visual image, I could pretty much draw it and make it look like I traced it. Yeah, I'm weird.
Thats not necessarily a bad thing... ever consider a career in plagiarism i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

mage
Tue, 01-17-2006, 02:51 AM
your drawings are horrible and they look like you spent no time on them. the little town in the first picture would be interesting with more detail and straight lines, but the mountains look like something someone in 2nd grade would draw. you are out of 2nd grade aren't you?

hope you can handle the truth

basey44
Tue, 01-17-2006, 07:09 AM
mage dont be a dick, that was brutal, why not give some contructive criticism

i'd say put more definition into your drawings, like i mean the 2nd one for example, the crossed arms dont look like theyre sitting right, mainly because of the hands. try drawing hands not with curved lines, but have them straight. lol its hard to explain but you want the picture to look powerful and make it have a sense of certainty

also using the 2nd one as an example again, have a bit more space on the head around the facial features, like the chin is a bit small, and the eyes look like theyre too high up on the head

hope i helped ya out a bit

RedX1z
Tue, 01-17-2006, 11:58 AM
your drawing remind me of zelda. it's far from perfect, but not bad at all. a little more detailing and i don't know if coloring is you, but it wouldn't hurt.

mage
Tue, 01-17-2006, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by: basey44
mage dont be a dick, that was brutal, why not give some contructive criticism

there's no point in giving constructive criticism to someone with no potential.

by the way, you have horrible handwriting too.

masamuneehs
Tue, 01-17-2006, 06:54 PM
Ignore mage, everyone knows he just says the most offensive stuff possible just so he can get attention...

Anyhow. I do think the first two drawings are good. The third is too quick (therefore its very rough) and the fourth link doesn't work for me. You have gotten the faces down pretty well, but I'd like to see what they'd look like with a different expression.

I myself have no talent in art whatsoever. But friends of mine say that the best thing is to try to animate real people in real situations (since models are expensive, photos are often the best source) as that helps you capture the natural shape and positions of the human body. Also, focusing on certain portions that give you the hardest time will be grueling, but pays off in the end. In your case I would say you should try to focus on legs and feet. I know that isn't the first thing people look at, but still noticeable.

if this is a thing you enjoy then keep at it. thats all there really is to life.

Mr Squiggles
Tue, 01-17-2006, 08:30 PM
@basey: Dont worry, I think I see what you mean by more definition. Problem is that when I try making the hands more detailed, It often ends up looking like a gnarled witch's hand. In other words I need more practice =p

@masamuneehs: Seems like a good idea. I might just do that.

basey44
Tue, 01-17-2006, 08:37 PM
i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif see i knew u wouldnt get what i was tryng to say, dont worry i didnt explain it well

ok i didnt wanna do this but for an example here (http://www.deviantart.com/view/24933663/) is something ive drawn, not the best drawing ever but look at the shape of the hands fingers and elbows, its not always about having lots of little lines and calling it detail

Mr Squiggles
Tue, 01-17-2006, 08:40 PM
k, that makes more sense now i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Mr Squiggles
Mon, 07-10-2006, 06:59 PM
*Bump*

Well, I finally got around to doing a bit of drawing again and here's what I got: Young Dragon (http://img157.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sketches6mt.jpg)

I haven't put too much detail into it yet because I'm having some problems with anatomy. I'm especially having troubles connecting the limbs to the torso area, and with the wings. any comments/suggestions?

EDIT:
And now, theres that same dragon in human form: Charge! (http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=charge2dx.jpg)
Having issues with the legs, and yeah, I know, one hand is like 2x bigger than the other. Plus the lightning effect could use some work. Hopefully I'll get around to shading this one soon. Again, constructive criticism is always welcome.

Oh, and here's an old one: Fallen Angel (http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fallendark9pk.jpg)
I had problems connecting the shadowy parts with the light ones and then when finals came I just kinda gave up :o Hopefully I'll be able to finish this one in the near future... Inspired by (but not copied) this badass pic: WARNING HELLSING MANGA SPOILER (http://img214.imageshack.us/my.php?image=angryceras8ei.png)

gr3atfull
Tue, 07-11-2006, 07:31 PM
Wow! You have improved a lot ! Keep up the good work.

I would like to give you any suggestion, but I am not great all with drawing. The only thing problem I see is the charge one. The forehead (sp?) seems to long and the nose to down. But this might be just me.

Keep up the drawing and post more of your art please!

Mr Squiggles
Tue, 07-11-2006, 11:02 PM
well, I worked on the legs of charge and added a few details.. not sure if it's that much better now though (http://img19.imageshack.us/my.php?image=chargeomglolkthx2ej.jpg)...

As for his face, I'll have to try changing it a bit and see how it looks, thx

Mr Squiggles
Fri, 07-14-2006, 03:46 AM
*another bumb*
Her's my first attempt ever at a full manga page. I hope you guys like it :) its left->right btw
www.deviantart.com/view/36290220/

It's still in its sketch phase and needs a lot more work, and some of the things I kinda rushed in drawing =/, although I am proud especially of that first frame witht the badass scythe.
Also, what do you guys think of the frame layout? this is my first attempt at this, does it flow well? I personally enjoyed making things jump out of the frames, I think it looks neat.

And yes, I know I spelt values wrong, I feel very stupid.
Any thoughts?

saman
Fri, 07-14-2006, 01:48 PM
oooh that looks awesome! i really like the bad guy in the second frame, and i especially like the third frame. i do have some suggestions, though. in the first frame, the guy's legs are little too thick. makes him look kinda short. and in the second frame, the main character's face is a little too thin, and the eyes a little too big. and, uh, i have no idea what the fourth frame is supposed to be. you should also try to make your pencil strokes smoother and darker, and not so sketchy. but otherwise, good job!

Fox Fire
Sun, 07-30-2006, 08:35 AM
Bleh, I messed up D:
Delete me DX