PDA

View Full Version : Game: A New Rockman Series?

Tekkaman Vigorot
Thu, 01-12-2006, 01:52 PM
http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=5967

http://www.rockmanpm.com/galle...humbnails.php?album=91 (http://www.rockmanpm.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=91)

I guess it's all self explantory from the link above. I'm pretty hyped about this. I always wanted to play as X (in this case, people that look like X) from the Megaman Zero series! Lets hope they don't milk this one like the did with the X series.

RedX1z
Thu, 01-12-2006, 01:55 PM
i'm hoping all that is true, if it is, then i'd really be happy that i bought the ds. after looking at the artwork and the screenshots, it's truely amazing!

LaZie
Thu, 01-12-2006, 08:43 PM
The characters look too "human" for my taste i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

RedX1z
Thu, 01-12-2006, 08:47 PM
your taste is weird anyway! so, forget you!i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

ImitationSanen
Wed, 01-18-2006, 04:18 PM
Lol they do dont they?

But Ill still buy it if it comes out =0

masamuneehs
Wed, 01-18-2006, 05:14 PM
i love the Megaman series, but its just a shame its only coming out on the Nintendo DS...
character designs look allright with me.

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 01-18-2006, 07:43 PM
I'm all for it being on a nintendo platform only. Maybe its the beginning of the glory days again!

RedX1z
Thu, 01-19-2006, 11:01 AM
i'll pick nintendo over sony, that's how grateful i am of this new series that they are giving us. plus, sony just like making remakes and nothing new, somewhat horrible jobs on the remake if i might add. plus, the one for the ds was made by the same people who made zero series, so i have to give it a chance.

mage
Thu, 01-19-2006, 11:28 AM
there are some really dumb looking characters in these new mega/rockman games.

Tekkaman Vigorot
Thu, 01-19-2006, 05:42 PM
What makes them "dumb" looking? Care to share?

KoKo37
Thu, 01-19-2006, 08:15 PM
Zero looks like a girl!!

http://www.rockmanpm.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/rockmanzx_modelz.png

but besides that, I think it would be cool to try out a new style.

RedX1z
Thu, 01-19-2006, 08:48 PM
the guy looks like a peaceful nerd, but still cool in his own way.

mage
Thu, 01-19-2006, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by: Tekkaman Vigorot
What makes them "dumb" looking? Care to share?

Originally posted by: KoKo37

Tekkaman Vigorot
Thu, 01-19-2006, 09:00 PM
I meant share your opinion of why they are dumb looking. Just posting the picture means nothing. Considering I myself was the one that posted links to the pictures to begin with.

Originally posted by: KoKo37
Zero looks like a girl!!

but besides that, I think it would be cool to try out a new style.

But Zero ALWAYS looked like a girl =D The first time Zero made his appearance, there was lots of confusion in my school about his gender XD. Even though he is constantly referred to as "he" in the manual.

KoKo37
Thu, 01-19-2006, 10:26 PM
yah but common, give him like a full suit or something, not freaking tights and a mech-thong -.-" lol.

Personly I like it if they change there looks, but I would of prefered not to go so kiddy (Gay) with it. But I do remeber seeing pictures of the t.v. show when I was younger and then getting very confused about his gender i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif.

Terracosmo
Thu, 01-19-2006, 11:05 PM
Slightly offtopic, but I was wondering if anyone has a link to a site where I can download Megaman Zero roms for the GBA?

<3

RedX1z
Thu, 01-19-2006, 11:13 PM
ROM.. (http://www.dgemu.com)

this should help you find what you're looking for..they have all the megaman zero games from 1-4, plus a shit load of other rom games you might be interested in.

@koko37:you didn't want kiddy, just be glad they didn't decide to go with the battle network look, where everything looked too damn kiddy like. least the drawings for this one is good and based on the drawings of the megaman zero series.

Terracosmo
Thu, 01-19-2006, 11:43 PM
Thanks a megabunch!

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 01-20-2006, 12:00 AM
That game is hard. As hell. Have fun!

Paulyboy
Fri, 01-20-2006, 12:08 AM
Or http://www.emuv2.com/ i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Sometimes Dgemu messes up on the points, like when you use the points to get the game, the download usually dosen't work, and the admins wont help you.

But yeah I get my games for dg and emuv2

RedX1z
Fri, 01-20-2006, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by: Uchiha Barles
That game is hard. As hell. Have fun!

if you're talking about megaman zero, then it wasn't hard at all. just like all megaman games, the bosses will always stick to a pattern and always have a weakness. as long as you know what they are, there should be no problem what so ever.

Tekkaman Vigorot
Fri, 01-20-2006, 12:10 AM
It certainly didn't help that Zero had boob lights o.O Now, the lights are on their "armored panties" (it's an old joke before MMZ came out XD) Great, now you can see them in the dark! XD

Actually, their patterns have become very difficult to manage against, regardless of practice. Because of the ranking system, you tend to make mistakes in your hurry =/ And you have to hurry to get good ranks XD. Oh the twistedness of it all. I hope Megaman ZX doesn't have a ranking system, it would make the levels far more enjoyable.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 01-20-2006, 12:15 AM
Well, the thing is, I consider myself a pretty good platform gamer. In the megaman series, I was able to beat most of the games with one or 2 continues my first time around. In the megaman X series, one continue at most the first time playing the games. X5 I beat the first time around with no continues but I didn't get all the heart containers. With megaman zero, it took me many deaths just to get used to the timing of zeros attacks with the various weapons. The boss paterns are also significantly more interesting than they were in the X series. Relative to the other megaman games, zero is hard and overall its quite a challenging game, specially the first couple of times you play it.

To Tekkaman: You want to enjoy the levels? Ignore the ranking system. They're not necessary to beat the game. Besides, you first time around, I don't think you have the luxury of trying to get an S rank in every level. You'll have your hands full just getting through the level.

Tekkaman Vigorot
Fri, 01-20-2006, 12:45 AM
To Tekkaman: You want to enjoy the levels? Ignore the ranking system. They're not necessary to beat the game. Besides, you first time around, I don't think you have the luxury of trying to get an S rank in every level. You'll have your hands full just getting through the level.

True, but I myself can never shake the feeling of the rewards of getting a S rank (in MMZ4, it's not really the case, but by the time I got to this game, speeding through the levels became a habit) Also, the levels are catered to the ranking system so it's difficult to enjoy as compared to playing a level in Megaman X1-3 (then again, I grew up with those so I guess that's a factor.)

Oh well, there is always revisiting the levels. But it just doesn't feel the same...

RedX1z
Fri, 01-20-2006, 08:14 PM
ranking really isn't a problem with skills. shooting and dashing away the level is pretty easy the second time around..

aznimperialx
Sun, 01-22-2006, 11:16 PM
I've been replaying MMZ2 and its so freaking hard...I've beat it once but that was just using cheats i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif
but its cool that a new game is being done I think Zero's new look is a slighty too childlish imo.

RedX1z
Sun, 01-22-2006, 11:18 PM
cheats?! shame on you, especially on a megaman game..tsk tsk..

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 01-22-2006, 11:18 PM
Shame on you! heathen.

aznimperialx
Sun, 01-22-2006, 11:23 PM
What i was desprate i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif I kept dying and it was boring So i just put cheats in and BAM moon jump, no damage whatso ever on you, one hit emeny dies and infinte dash forever

I used cheats to beat MMZ 1 and 2

infact...

Megaman games i played

megamanX
megaman Xtreme
X4
battlenetwork 2,3,4
megman and brass
MMZ 1 and 2
megaman 8

games i've beaten with cheatcodes

MMZ1 and 2

no cheatcodes

Xtreme
all battle network (finished the story)
x4 (just entered a cheat to get that black amror)

the reat i gave up on it haha

RedX1z
Mon, 01-23-2006, 12:20 AM
how do you play megaman battle network 2, 3, and 4 without playing 1? then again, i shouldn't be talking, i played 1, 2, then skipped right to 5.i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif how do you cheat on 1, too?! 1 was way easier than 2!

Terracosmo
Mon, 01-23-2006, 12:44 AM
Also slightly off-topic, but you guys NEED to see this:

http://holyzen.pixelatedempire.net/comic.php?comicID=80

God, been a long time since I laughed so hard.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 01-23-2006, 12:51 AM
There's an ongoing debate about whether or not megaman x is actually in part, the original megaman. I think this answers that. Also explains the absense of all the other characters of the original megaman series from the x series. The all had lives to move on with...

RedX1z
Mon, 01-23-2006, 08:46 AM
i believe rockman is a completely different robot to x. robots don't age, yet you see a huge difference between rockman and x. second, dr light in rockman x games didn't seem to know who x was. i say that x was created right before dr light died along with megaman, roll, protoman, and so fourth due to unknown reasons.

Terracosmo
Wed, 01-25-2006, 03:09 AM
I've played MMZ for a while now and... aznimperial is right. This game is fucking piss-hard.

Fighting that green slut now, Harpoon or whatever her (?) name is. God, what the hell is up with her attacks? Her tri-beam thingy, first I jump, then I don't jump, then I jump, and then some mega wave comes out which hits me anyway. Stupid programming. Cheats here I come!

RedX1z
Wed, 01-25-2006, 08:46 AM
you are playing on a keyboard, right? you can expect that to make it harder, but then again, it's just me. i can't play on the keyboard, because it's not comfortable playing on a keyboard.

aznimperialx
Wed, 01-25-2006, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
I've played MMZ for a while now and... aznimperial is right. This game is fucking piss-hard.

Fighting that green slut now, Harpoon or whatever her (?) name is. God, what the hell is up with her attacks? Her tri-beam thingy, first I jump, then I don't jump, then I jump, and then some mega wave comes out which hits me anyway. Stupid programming. Cheats here I come!

lol the only female boss is the blue water robot i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif but i don't blame you, they all look like girls which is cool!

RedX1z
Wed, 01-25-2006, 10:39 AM
fenfir is the only one that looks like a man. i haven't been this confused with character genders since they first introduced zero..

Terracosmo
Wed, 01-25-2006, 02:00 PM
Yeah I play on keyboard. Though I'm used to it from years of emulation, it's still pretty hard in games like these.

aznimperialx
Wed, 01-25-2006, 02:36 PM
whose your favorite villian in MMZ?

Mine would probably be Harpunia (green guy) and then Fernir (red guy) in close second. These 4 baddies are the best villians out of all the bad guys Megman and zero encountered. Fuck Sigma, he keeps coming back.
Vile is also cool i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

EDIT: just realized if you take off the ear pieces and the jet pack off of Harpunia, its just megman

Terracosmo
Wed, 01-25-2006, 04:43 PM
Well I didn't grow that attached to any of them (I'm at the final boss now, about to beat it), but I admit the designs are pretty nice. I think my favorite would be Fefnir actually, or Leviathan (pretty colors). Vile is cool cuz he looks like Boba Fett i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

But yeah, some more character development wouldn't hurt.

On that note, does anyone know any other sites to download GBA roms? Because the site I got from Red has the gayest system I've ever seen (wtf points?! donations?!).

I need MMZ2-4 i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Edit: Beat MMZ1, started MMZ2 (found rom lolol). I like how it looks exactly like MMZ, making it feel like it happened almost directly afterwards etc. Also neat how in the beginning you have the MMZ menu interface but later it changes to a new one. EX Skills and Forms look pretty cool (especially when you have them from the beginning... hehe cheatz).

Elpizo is my new favorite character (surprise!). I have only completed one mission so far but it's so incredibly obvious that he's just pretending to be good. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

RedX1z
Wed, 01-25-2006, 09:00 PM
first off, i hated elpizo for reasons he seems to do later on in the game. second, copy x and leviathan are on the top of my list for favorite villains in this series. in the x series, my favorite villain is COLONEL!, third, i see how it is, get my name right when something bad happens, terra!(just playing, sorry about that.)

when you beat the game, you'll find out why i hate him, elpizo, that is.

aznimperialx
Wed, 01-25-2006, 09:14 PM
already know what happened I beat it with cheat codes i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

RedX1z
Wed, 01-25-2006, 09:19 PM
yeah, which shouldn't make it hard for you to figure out why i hate him!i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

and who can't tell elpizo isn't acting, he looks the part!

Terracosmo
Wed, 01-25-2006, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by: UltxDarkRedX1
first off, i hated elpizo for reasons he seems to do later on in the game. second, copy x and leviathan are on the top of my list for favorite villains in this series. in the x series, my favorite villain is COLONEL!, third, i see how it is, get my name right when something bad happens, terra!(just playing, sorry about that.)

when you beat the game, you'll find out why i hate him, elpizo, that is.

lol, you have so many sub-names in your name so it's hard to know what to call you i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

RedX1z
Wed, 01-25-2006, 09:41 PM
lol, but out of all of them, isn't red easier than ultx?x.x

Originally posted by: aznimperialx

just realized if you take off the ear pieces and the jet pack off of Harpunia, its just megman

well, those 4 were created based on copy x. c'mon, they all look the same if you think about it, or they just have some traits of copy x.

Terracosmo
Wed, 01-25-2006, 10:15 PM
Well Ultx was the first part of the name... i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

I'm about to enter the stage with Harpuia in it in MMZ2 now. I'm assuming that I'm getting pretty close to the end.

---Super Edit Post of Destiny---

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/joshuajerand/mmz2_01.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/joshuajerand/mmz2_02.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/joshuajerand/mmz2_03.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/joshuajerand/mmz2_04.png

;_;

Nice ending. Red, when you say that you hate Elpizo I assume it's because he killed X.

Anyway, my verdict on the series so far is that it really does a good job of making the Megaman series seem fresh. The new art style, the new gameplay features, the 100-years-later thing, making Zero the lead and so on. However it suffers from the usual Megaman faults, being among others:

a) Ridiculously hard most of the time.
b) Touching the enemy hurts you - I HATE THAT. Attacks is one thing, but touching... bah. Lame.
c) Too linear.
d) Not enough character development.

MMZ adds New Game+ and stuff to collect, which is nice, but there is still something missing from the overall experience. I actually think it's point "d", mostly. I mean, the character designs are cool - and while the plot is rather predictable it has lots of promise if done right.

I mean, the characters would be SO much cooler if they weren't so goddamn one-dimensional. Fefnir, Harpuia & Leviathan can all be summarized by saying "People who want to kill Zero and serve their master". Nothing more, nothing less. BORING. And Ciel only talks about two things, one being research and the other being self-loathing stuff such as "zomg it's all my fault, sorry Zero, take it easy Zero, I hate myself Zero" etc. The only character I've really liked so far is Elpizo, and I enjoyed how he started out with good intentions and then got lost along the way - although it felt rather forced, I liked it. That "tragic hero" stuff. Looking awesome is of course a plus.

Well that is my feelings on the franchise so far. I'm off to MMZ3.

RedX1z
Thu, 01-26-2006, 12:19 AM
DING DING DING, CORRECT, TERRA!i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

aznimperialx
Thu, 01-26-2006, 12:24 AM
HE KILLED X?! i guess i forgot since i cheated my way through the game like two years ago or something

Edit: i still think Harpunia, Fefnir, lev., and phatom are cool!i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

RedX1z
Thu, 01-26-2006, 12:33 AM
you two lower your heads in shame for your rushing and cheating ways! tsk tsk..i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Terracosmo
Thu, 01-26-2006, 12:52 AM
The hell, doesn't your lifebar get extended in Z3? In the other games the life bar was like ultra long when I loaded a cheat file. But now it's standard length, even though I have all other items from the get-go.

Tekkaman Vigorot
Thu, 01-26-2006, 01:10 AM
Well....X was technically already "dead" before Elpizo went and took a stab at X's body, which strangely, made it go boom >.>

About if X is really Rockman, I can't tell, lots of things to say about that. X and Rockman aren't really that different in terms of personality. They both want peace and doesn't want to fight. Though, this is more evident with X then Rockman since it's usually about "OMG! WILEY! GET HIM!!! LIKE OMG!" while X is more like "I really don't want to...I dun wanna!" *weeps* Though they have both made some decisions contrary to their nature. Rockman finally pulls the trigger on Wiley (though it was intereupted I'm sure everyone know's why.) And X stopped hesitating when hunting mavericks when he lost Zero (again). However, X was locked away, when Dr.Light feared the world wasn't prepaired for something like him, he was dangerous had their been any mistakes, thus, he remained in a capsule where he is under diagnostic till he was "ready". When Dr.Cain found him, the capsule had a green "Okay" sign >.> But anyway, is X really Rockman? I don't think so, but their similar natures sometimes make me think they are. It's like...two signs that point towards each other...

About the healthbar, it changes color, indicating another "layer". Eventually, you can get 3 layers, then double that i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Even more life then other games XD

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 01-26-2006, 07:16 AM
What I said earlier about X being the original megaman or not, was just a joke in response to terra's post. A bad one apparently. But since a discussion did generate from it, I'll put in my two cents. I think that X is in fact an upgrade of the original megaman. Why? Wiley seems to hate his guts to no end that's why. In X4 we see Wiley, or someone whose sillouhette looks exactly like Wiley's sillouhette, and who'se voice sounds exactly like Wiley's voice (if it looks and quacks like a duck...), talking to zero and controlling him. Also, in X5, sigma talked about having teamed up with a certain person who had a great hatred for X and had a lot of experience in building robots.

This hatred is important because throughout the megaman series, it is clear that Wiley has a huge vendetta against megaman. Sure he hates dr. Light, but he REALLY hates megaman, and it goes way beyond some kind of rivalry with dr. Light. I think Wiley hates megaman as an entity on his own, separate from his creator. I also think that this hatred for X is just a continuation of the hatred for the original megaman. If X and Megaman were two different entities completely, I doubt Wiley would hate him so much.

On another note, what about the origins of Zero's powers? Remember what he looked like when he was filled with the power of the sigma/zero virus all shimmering in dark purple? Now, lets head back to the original series, megaman 8 (such an awesome game!). Remember what Bass looked like when he was infused with the power of the alien robot? Furthurmore, remember the color of the the power in those little containers that megaman collected after each defeat of an enemy? Yup, that's right, they were purple. Much like Zero's purple in X5. Here's my theory on X and Zero's origins.

Megaman finally defeats Wiley "for good", but is seriously damaged in the process. Dr. Light decides never to allow this to happen again. He upgrades megaman using the data he collected from the time he was reparing Duo, the alien police robot from megaman 8. He also gives megaman the ability to make his own decisions, so that maybe in the future when megaman is faced with a dilema in which he must kill an opponent to survive, he can make that decision and avoid the fate he almost suffered. Doc Light loves megaman and does not want to see him hurt ever again. However, doc is nearing the end of his days, and he realizes that megaman's power is now far too great to be left unmonitored. Believing that he won't be around to guide megaman in his actions (wtf knew Light would turn himself into a living hologram, go figure), he seals megaman for some time in a diagnostic capsule, ensure that both megaman and the world he will be a part of are ready for each other.

However, Wiley himself was not defeated "for good" as they thought. Wiley has more lives than a cat, and as far as I know, there's only been 9 megaman games in which wiley was the boss. So they didn't beat him enough I'm guessing. Anyway, one of two happened. Either Wiley was able to get his hands on the plans for X, and create Zero out of it, or Wiley had Data of his own from the alien criminal reploid that Duo was after in MM8. Either way, Wiley creates Zero and infuses him with the power of that alien robot. I'm actually hoping that Zero is an upgrade of protoman, but probably not (hey, ya never know). Now, Zero was probably tucked away for some time as well, but not as much as Megaman, because Zero was already known to be active by the time Megaman X came out of that capsule.

The rest is history.

Tekkaman Vigorot
Thu, 01-26-2006, 09:22 PM
But Wiley was building Zero even during the day's of Megaman, as seen in Power Battles, so perhaps that debunks the first possibility of stolen X blue prints. Zero was activated before X's awakening? When was this? I just want to know, cause there wasn't any crisis till Dr.Cain dabbled in making "Reploids" using X's blue prints. I theorized some just as similar concerning the evil energy from MM8. I theorized Zero wasn't a "source" exactly, rather a carrier. In X6, gate found some of Zero's remains and turned maverick almost immediatly. But, no one seemed to have thought Zero was a carrier, it was something that happened when Reploids came about. Was Zero a source? We know, but they don't, since he was seen as "Bad guy A in some warehouse ripping our men into nothing."

Anyway, I don't think X and Megaman are the same because the lack of memory. Why would Light delete himself from Megaman's data banks? It would make more sense if X was newly created and was never awaken to ever know who Thomas Light was. In X4, Wiley simply mentions a nemesis, how it's his rivalry that gives him motivation in life, maybe it's not Megaman? But instead, Thomas Light? And even tells him to "...go, and destroy him, that's an order!"

In Power Battles, Wiley was still intent on simply killing Megaman since Bass fails to do so. Sigma DOES know who Wiley is... but Zero doesn't...interesting... perhaps the virus adapted to Sigma's image and was able to fully bloom within him, while Zero supresses it, thus it remained stifled in him, but it was too late since his killing sprees has infected plenty before then.

What I REALLY want to know...is what happened Sigma post MMZ? In this time, the "enemies" are simply people whom disagree with each other's methods. There IS no "maverick", they do NOT exist! Except perhaps Elpizo...he went mad...come on now i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Copy X was obviously not a "Maverick" per se, rather, an imperfect X, which is probably what Dr.Light intended to prevent with those long years of diagnostic. Also...what made X disappear? what really happened to him? It's all a mystery... XD

RedX1z
Fri, 01-27-2006, 12:03 PM
well, the series is over, so i guess we'll never know what happened to the real x.

and some of the things you said, were what i meant to say earlier, but sorta got mixed up..

RedX1z
Wed, 03-01-2006, 11:17 PM
SORTA DISAPPOINTING.. (http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/6986/corozx6tn.jpg)

double post to update.

it looks similar to rockman zero for the gba, which is really starting to scare me. anyways, i won't judge without playing it for myself, since they said they were going to a bunch of new things or whatever.

rockmanj
Thu, 03-02-2006, 12:25 AM
man, i shoulda got in on this discussion, earlier....oh well

RedX1z
Thu, 03-02-2006, 09:09 AM
it's never too late.

Tekkaman Vigorot
Mon, 03-06-2006, 12:47 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xK9mY6HiwX8

Some very interesting footage for those that don't exactly keep up with megaman news (God knows I'm not....much...) Anyway, some very interesting flashes at the end, showing live armor from the four guardians! It looks to be the closest we'll ever be with playing as the guardians. What saddens me a little is how much it looks to play like MMZ, was hoping for a something a little more fresh. Oh well, Capcom tends to be a little slow with their adaptations anyway.

Terracosmo
Tue, 03-07-2006, 09:19 PM
So does Elpizo return or should I just quit playing halfway through Z3? Because the games are getting repeative and I want my Elpizo fix.

RedX1z
Tue, 03-07-2006, 09:48 PM
i thought you'd be done with that game by now. also, didn't think you were THAT fond of elpizo.

to answer your question, elpizo doesn't come back.

Terracosmo
Tue, 03-07-2006, 10:07 PM
Nope, I'm playing different stuff sporadically all the time i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

...and since Elpizo doesn't come back, I'm done with this series.

Time to play Megaman X Collection!

RedX1z
Wed, 03-08-2006, 08:39 PM
will be interested in a progress report on that!

Terracosmo
Wed, 03-08-2006, 09:14 PM
I've beaten MMX so far, very nostalgic to do so since it's my favorite Megaman game.
Ah, the childhood memories!

DarthEnderX
Sat, 03-11-2006, 02:55 AM
As someone who didn't know there were working GBA and DS emulators yet, I can honestly say this thread has caused jizz to hit the bottom of my desk.

rockmanj
Sat, 03-11-2006, 03:36 AM
Oh my gosh, that is graphic!!! by the way, which MMX could you use the dragon punch nd hadoken in?

Tekkaman Vigorot
Sat, 03-11-2006, 11:53 PM
That Dragon Punch is in MMX2. The Hadoken is in MMX1

RedX1z
Sun, 03-12-2006, 12:04 AM
That Dragon Punch is in MMX2. The Hadoken is in MMX1

is it true for the psp version of x1 that you have to do it differently than the one for the snes?

Tekkaman Vigorot
Sun, 03-12-2006, 11:50 AM
Apparently so. Some people on the gamefaqs boards report obtaining the Hadoken by running through the Armored Armadillo stage without ever getting hit and getting it through the FIRST run. The normal way being you had to collect the power up 4-5 times on the ledge the capsule appears, above the boss door. Try it out, if it works, do share. :)

suckitdry
Sun, 03-12-2006, 07:28 PM
the X games for SNES was last time I play Megaman. Don't have any Nintendo stuff now. too poor :(

RedX1z
Wed, 03-15-2006, 08:21 PM
Apparently so. Some people on the gamefaqs boards report obtaining the Hadoken by running through the Armored Armadillo stage without ever getting hit and getting it through the FIRST run. The normal way being you had to collect the power up 4-5 times on the ledge the capsule appears, above the boss door. Try it out, if it works, do share. :)

wow, so they made it somewhat harder to obtain that in the remake? weird, but i should try it out when i get the chance.

the X games for SNES was last time I play Megaman. Don't have any Nintendo stuff now. too poor :(

i never thought nintendo products were ever expensive or unaffordable, that's not even including the price drops. hell, even the revolution is going to be like 2-3 times cheaper than the other newer consoles that are out *cough*360..ps3*cough*, but seriously those are great consoles from what i hear. anyways, as a nice guy i say "just wait until it does, then you should be able to get it", but as a rockman fan i say "get it or burn in hell..".:P

RedX1z
Fri, 03-24-2006, 12:09 AM
i still stand by my word when i say the graphics are beautiful! zero is still cool, regardless of his new human look.
http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/5091/469510200602250158583big7zq.jpg
still has it's up and downs though, it looks like megaman zero all over again, but even then those graphics were beautiful as well.
http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/898/lgerock211nn.jpg
PET?
http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/9986/lgerock161ww.jpg
double post for update!

Terracosmo
Fri, 03-24-2006, 03:45 AM
i still stand by my word when i say the graphics are beautiful! zero is still cool, regardless of his new human look.
http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/5091/469510200602250158583big7zq.jpg

You mean that's Zero? Wow, awesome, he has glasses and looks all friendly. Me like!

RedX1z
Fri, 03-24-2006, 10:47 AM
You mean that's Zero? Wow, awesome, he has glasses and looks all friendly. Me like!

that friendly? is that even possible?

also, since when did you start wearing glasses?

too peaceful looking for my blood, though.

rockman, boy or girl?
http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/9260/lgerock174am.jpg

RedX1z
Tue, 07-04-2006, 08:55 PM
*bump*
this is a flash video to promote the release of the game in japan, it's looked pretty decent, if not good. it'll take a few to load, so be patient and please don't break your keyboard during the process.

http://kids.goo.ne.jp/event/rockmanzx/anime.html

if it hasn't been said before, then now is the best time to say that the release date for this game in the us is september.

ChaosK
Wed, 07-05-2006, 12:11 AM
Video....skipping...every....second....

Breaking....Keyboard...

Hmm, so it's impossible to play this game without a DS?

Also, why is Megaman both a boy and a girl?

RedX1z
Wed, 07-05-2006, 07:11 AM
as far as what part of the story they've revealed, they're siblings who work for a delivery service who come across something they call "live metal", which gives them the ability to transform into x. i'm guessing they both get it, there fore you get 2 of them. that zero look-a-like's role, i still don't know.

Carnage
Wed, 07-05-2006, 10:36 AM
looks.....so......horrible......what have they done to Megaman?

RedX1z
Wed, 07-05-2006, 07:00 PM
looks.....so......horrible......what have they done to Megaman?

what do you mean? i actually think the designs are quite an improvement for the gaming world standards today. more anime-ish, if you ask me. would you seriously rather see battle network designs 24/7.. now that's crap.

NM
Wed, 07-05-2006, 10:13 PM
The new designs look alright to me though I'm sad to report that I haven't gotten on the MMZ series. Imo, Battle Network's designs weren't that bad. The story and gameplay probably back it up for me since you were so free to explore any area and you have to make use of both Lan and Mega Man at the same time to get to new areas. However, probably my favorite Mega Man designs + game would have to be Mega Man Legends. I could play that and Legends 2 for hours...Legends for me is the best version of Mega Man still to this day.