PDA

View Full Version : Magikano

AnimePunk
Wed, 01-11-2006, 04:06 PM
Title -Magikano
Official Site -site (http://www.magikano.com/)
Category TV
Total Episodes -
Genres -Comedy, Love-Romance, Magic, School Life
Year Published -2006

Description
Yoshikawa Haruo is a common junior high school student. No, exactly speaking, he is very stupid. His only pride is a prize of full attendance, and his hope in future is longevity.
He is living with three cute sisters peacefully. One day, a beautiful girl, Mamiya Ayumi transfers to his class. Somehow, she begins to live in his house as a maid. In fact, Ayumi is a witch, and she is cursed. To break her curse, she needs Hoaros magical power, and she plots to awake his magical power. To protect Haro from Ayumi, his three little sisters disturb her. To be surprised, theyre also witches. Haruos normal days turn into turmoil. Whether will he break her curse? What happened to Haruo and Ayumi to put a curse on her?

Please give your opinion on the 2006 Anime series

Magikano ep 1 ( Anime Universe) (http://a.scarywater.net/animeu/%5BAnimeU%5D_Magikano_1_%5B91FDC69E%5D.avi.torrent )

nests
Wed, 01-11-2006, 05:26 PM
Pretty good episode looks like like I'm gonoin to follow this one

Ryllharu
Wed, 01-11-2006, 05:45 PM
Reminded me of Maburaho, but not in a mediocre way, like Maburaho certainly was. Funniest series so far of the new ones this season.

I'm sticking with it for a while.

Darknodin
Wed, 01-11-2006, 08:25 PM
funny as hell!!!

The Eel is the sexiest!

kooshi
Wed, 01-11-2006, 10:37 PM
Two words: BATTLE MODE!! Haha, I just LOVED the last 5 minutes of that episode. Freaking hilarious!

Yukimura
Thu, 01-12-2006, 01:41 AM
Very Funny think i'll run with this for a few weeks, but I have a question. This is only the second time i've watched an anime of this type, a bunch of girls running around with an idiot so bear with me please. Are these normal behaviors for 3rd grade anime students, the kissing and the seduction and such? Last I checked third graders are between 8 and 9, and no ten year old I've seen goes around courting other third graders, curse or no curse.

nests
Thu, 01-12-2006, 01:47 AM
dude what anime did you watch the girls in here were in junior high I think

Ryllharu
Thu, 01-12-2006, 08:37 AM
3rd grade/year junior high school students are 14, since its equivalent to the North American 9th grade. That behavior isn't entirely uncommon for Japan since the three years of high school is not included in complusory education. Making them adult enough to find jobs and live on their own. For their age, it is supposed to seem inappropriate still that Ayumi wants to de-virginize him, but if there is an entire nation of pedos, its Japan.

And yes, they said like two or three times that they were in junior high.

Yukimura
Thu, 01-12-2006, 01:59 PM
Okay, so 3rd grade doesn't mean universal 3rd grade it's junior high 3rd grade, that makes sense, seeing as how my school had a similar system, thanks.

nests
Sat, 01-21-2006, 06:13 PM
Magikano ep 2 ( Anime Universe) (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/%5BAnimeU%5D_Magikano_02_%5B0F2E59A1%5D.avi.torren t)

darkmetal505
Sat, 01-21-2006, 10:31 PM
the bird was the best part in this episode

Darknodin
Sun, 01-22-2006, 12:28 AM
yea! the bird... and when the red-haired guy caught the doll in mid-air!

Munsu
Fri, 01-27-2006, 02:03 PM
Watched the first two episodes... they were fairly fun, i'll keep watching...

Episode 3

http://www.point-blank.cc:1638...87DB848%5D.avi.torrent (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/%5BAnimeU%5D_Magikano_03_%5BC87DB848%5D.avi.torren t)

Kyuuzou
Fri, 01-27-2006, 02:36 PM
I've found it good untill now, so I'll keep watching it for a longer while as well....Thanks for the link...

Darknodin
Fri, 01-27-2006, 05:23 PM
Last Ep was funny! first part was so so but the time travel part... especially when they got to where Maika and Haruo were fighting!!!!

kooshi
Fri, 01-27-2006, 07:02 PM
Episode 3 was hilarious. I can't believe that the oldest sister has clung onto him since forever.

aznroyale
Sat, 01-28-2006, 09:16 AM
wouldnt think a sister would fall in love with her own brother

Munsu
Sat, 01-28-2006, 09:21 AM
That's because you haven't seen enough anime...

aznroyale
Sat, 01-28-2006, 09:24 AM
i have seen aome anime that are like that, but i dunno why japanese ppl like to make series like that

Yukimura
Sat, 01-28-2006, 10:53 PM
I just started watching this kind of Anime so i'm really confused about some of the things that go on, like where are these kids parents? I'm noticing that in several Anime, parents often don't exist, yet high school students can live and go to school seemingly without any income. Are we supposed to just ignore this or is there some real world explanation?

aznroyale
Sat, 01-28-2006, 11:59 PM
i would love to live alone

VanoftheDawn
Mon, 02-06-2006, 07:57 PM
If anyone still watches this anime heres a link to ep 4 Ep 4 (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/[AnimeU]_Magikano_04_[1A782843].avi.torrent)

Kyuuzou
Mon, 02-06-2006, 08:54 PM
Hmm I don't kn0w what 2 make of the show so far.....Any1 still watching this anime???

Darknodin
Mon, 02-06-2006, 11:19 PM
I am... its entertaining enough to kill time (in a pleasant way) while downloading something else...

Kyuuzou
Tue, 02-07-2006, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by: Darknodin
I am... its entertaining enough to kill time (in a pleasant way) while downloading something else...

Yeah, I guess I'm kind of the same way. It's not going 2 be the best anime, but it's Interesting enough 2 keep me watching it.

darkmetal505
Tue, 02-07-2006, 01:26 AM
watched ep 3, tought the hansel and gretel thing was pretty funny

kooshi
Tue, 02-07-2006, 01:55 AM
Episode 4 was just alright. It had its moments, but there were some dull parts.
Best moment for me:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a307/kooshi/vlcsnap-156603.png

DAMN, I would hate to have her as a girlfriend.

Darknodin
Tue, 02-07-2006, 01:56 PM
hey... animeU's website has been suspended... can't get episode 4

Kyuuzou
Tue, 02-07-2006, 02:13 PM
hey... animeU's website has been suspended... can't get episode 4

Try this link worked for me....http://btjunkie.org/torrent?do=stat&id=101105983

Darknodin
Tue, 02-07-2006, 02:54 PM
thanks a lot! I'm in the mood for light-hearted stuff

edit... funny episode... the red-haired guy and the small guy with the camera are getting creepier. I'm starting to think that they are just one person! like when the small guy was taking pictures and the other apologized saying : it brings the beast out of me...

darkmetal505
Wed, 02-08-2006, 08:16 PM
the forest of perverts was pretty funny.

Edit

Anime U Magikano 5 (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/%5BAnimeU%5D_Magikano_05_%5BFB43F7B8%5D.avi.torren t)

darkmetal505
Sat, 02-18-2006, 06:22 PM
bump

Anime U Magikano - 6 (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/%5BAnimeU%5D_Magikano_06_%5BC5DEC240%5D.avi.torren t)

Kraco
Sun, 02-19-2006, 06:47 AM
This is a pretty crazy show. Single-minded action, plenty of light weight fanservice and emotions raised to the power of 10.

For some reason it's refreshing to watch this.

Darknodin
Sun, 02-19-2006, 10:22 AM
yea... episode 6 was... interesting. although, what's the deal with putting souls into dolls?

Kraco
Sun, 02-19-2006, 06:33 PM
What? If you had the ability to trap souls in dolls, wouldn't you do it? If you tell no, I say you are lying...

Darknodin
Sun, 02-19-2006, 07:07 PM
you have a point

darkmetal505
Mon, 02-20-2006, 02:24 PM
akward episode. Did they rip of off pokemon with infinity and beyond?

Darknodin
Mon, 02-20-2006, 04:14 PM
wasn't that Star Trek? or something like that?

darkmetal505
Mon, 02-20-2006, 04:17 PM
wasn't that Star Trek? or something like that?

haha, actually it was buzz lightyear from toy story!

Kraco
Sun, 03-12-2006, 02:29 PM
You wouldn't believe it after such a long break, but Magikano is back.

Episode 8 - AnimeU (http://a.scarywater.net/animeu/%5BAnimeU%5D_Magikano_08_%5B5AEFFCF8%5D.avi.torren t)

darkmetal505
Sun, 03-12-2006, 09:12 PM
no one posted episode 7 so here it is:

Anime U Magikano 7 (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/%5BAnimeU%5D_Magikano_07_%5B7A33D3CA%5D.avi.torren t)

Ryllharu
Mon, 03-13-2006, 08:35 AM
So, unless I misheard, which I'm sure I didn't, Ayumi is actually the older sister. Even though she's shorter, and *cough* less developed.

With eps 7, this show has been making less and less sense, while becoming even more hilarious.

darkmetal505
Tue, 03-14-2006, 03:42 PM
just watched episode 7, seems like they are pulling a plot into the story. Yea, its not making any sense at all.

Yukimura
Tue, 03-14-2006, 04:50 PM
This show is great, though it makes no sense, the retardedness of the cast keeps me laughing enough to upset my mom. "He's laguing so hard and he cant even understand the words..." Who needs plot, it's like Azumanga Daioh, but with a general direction for the story to flow.

And the new Maid/Bug Assasin is awesome.

Ryllharu
Tue, 03-21-2006, 10:59 PM
Eps 9 is out by AnimeU

Magikano eps 9 (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/%5BAnimeU%5D_Magikano_09_%5B8E5BF221%5D.avi.torren t)

Enjoy the eps, I know I will. I still can't believe Michiru is Ayumi's *Little* sister.

Kraco
Wed, 03-22-2006, 04:59 AM
Damn, this show just keeps going at 200% speed. Yet, despite the nonstop high speed action, it's surprisingly easy to follow the story. Perhaps because it doesn't look like such a complicated story at all.

Gotta say the references to old fairy tales (among other things) were great and very succesful in this episode.
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/6306/wolfbrothers2im.jpg

... And the substitution technique with a log... That was just too hilarious.

Haruo's hidden powers suddenly revealing themselves along with an alternate badass personality was most certainly done in a way to refer to something, but I feel I might not be familiar with the original work. Of course it's very similar to Kyou Kara Maou, but I doubt that could be the original source.

Yukimura
Wed, 03-22-2006, 02:12 PM
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/7041/magikanohighlight4eb.jpg

One of the best scenes ever!

This show is so great, it's my first harem type anime since Tenchi Muyo, and it has a similar, but more light vibe. I think the magic is great as an excuse for why weird shit is always going on.

Haruo's got mad magic juice as we all probobly guessed, but I wonder if he's subconsciously denying himself the use of his power. At first I thought he caused everyone to forget but now I think it was Ayumi sister. It seems that everyone forgot what had happened but her.

And what about the sketchy teacher that desperately needs to get laid, any ideas on what she's up to? I think she knows something no one else does, but i'm not sure if it's about Haruo or the girls.

Oh yeah and there's also this AnimeU - Magikano 10 (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/%5BAnimeU%5D_Magikano_10_%5BC0834068%5D.avi.torren t)

Kraco
Wed, 03-22-2006, 02:19 PM
Episode 10 is already out?! Man, that's great! Thanks for the heads-up!

Needless to say, I won't easily get enough of this series. Although I might be too attracted to it, because so far I have watched the end credits without skipping every time. I just can't help but stare at those little chibis and how the situation in their dance changes from the beginning to the end.

Ryllharu
Wed, 03-22-2006, 03:27 PM
Haruo's got mad magic juice as we all probobly guessed, but I wonder if he's subconsciously denying himself the use of his power. At first I thought he caused everyone to forget but now I think it was Ayumi sister. It seems that everyone forgot what had happened but her.

And what about the sketchy teacher that desperately needs to get laid, any ideas on what she's up to? I think she knows something no one else does, but i'm not sure if it's about Haruo or the girls.
It wasn't Michiru by the looks of things, it was their Sensei. She knew about the maid when she came, she knew that Michiru had shown up, and she was greatly distressed when Haruo awoke. (As distressed as she ever gets anyway). I don't know the reason she doesn't want his power to come out, but she's apparently actively trying to stop it.

Michiru remembers everything because she ran off before the giant flash that wiped everyone's memories. She thinks Haruo did it.

Let's see if eps 10 has any more info.

kooshi
Wed, 03-22-2006, 11:28 PM
More hilarious randomness in Ep 10. This one reminded me of all those zombie movies and games, hahaha.

Kraco
Thu, 03-23-2006, 03:26 AM
I have been thinking this series is certainly not the easiest job for the voice actresses. If you think how the girls talk especially when they enter their hyper active modes, but also when their moods swing 180 degrees here and there suddenly. But they have been doing very admirable work.

It's also funny how Haruo is depicted as such a normal guy living pretty much normally in the middle of all that. It was especially underlined in this episode. At least the Animenfo description tells Haruo is stupid, but I wonder if they have just emphasized the fact that no normal person could possibly keep up the same pace as those witches.

Yukimura
Thu, 03-23-2006, 11:50 PM
[QUOTE=Ryllharu]It wasn't Michiru by the looks of things, it was their Sensei. She knew about the maid when she came, she knew that Michiru had shown up, and she was greatly distressed when Haruo awoke. (As distressed as she ever gets anyway). I don't know the reason she doesn't want his power to come out, but she's apparently actively trying to stop it.

Michiru remembers everything because she ran off before the giant flash that wiped everyone's memories. She thinks Haruo did it.
/QUOTE]

The teacher made a comment that made me believe that she didn't remember what happened either. I believe it was "No...something's different than before. Why is this?" Fuyuno also remembers forgetting something so the effects seem similar. It's possible that Hongo tried to reset time but it didn't undo something that happened the first time around (Badass Haruo...) and she's commenting on that , but I really don't think she was the one in control, alas only time will tell!

Kraco
Sun, 04-02-2006, 05:08 PM
Oh yeah! What have we all been waiting for?

The next ep of Magikano, of course!

Episode 11 - AnimeU (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/%5BAnimeU%5D_Magikano_11_%5BCE42D264%5D.avi.torren t)

Kyuuzou
Sun, 04-02-2006, 05:43 PM
Eh sorry I got all the episodes,but could some1 remind me what this show is about?? because I' ve been watching 2 many shows lately so I kind of forgot.......................>.<

Kraco
Sun, 04-02-2006, 06:32 PM
Have a look at the first post of the thread, there's a good description.

This episode was certainly slow and peaceful. It was a Christmas episode, so that no doubt explains it, but aside from a few seconds scene that developed the main plot, I was a little disappointed. It's just that I have come to expect crazy speed and 200% action from this show. To be fair, this wasn't a bad episode and it had it's moments, but many of the previous eps have been much better.

Well, according to the preview, with the next episode we should be back to the business.

Ryllharu
Mon, 04-03-2006, 09:58 AM
I liked this eps. It fit with the theme but started to tie in elements that will allow for an ending, which is only two eps away.

The beginning had the same stupid fantasies we've come to expect from the girls, Yuri offering herself in some cliche manner, Marin helping "Saint Haruo" defeat the evil witches (nice Gundam/Mazinger Z looking face he had there), and Maika's weird brother love fantasy (including purring noises at the end). The same evil laughter when Ayumi shows up while questioning Haruo. The usual good stuff.

They had to start addressing the curse again some time, and now was as good as any. Most importantly, Ayumi slapped him when he woke up. She's become self conscious of Haruo now, enough to get embarrassed. Before, she was all about selfishly turning him into a man for her own needs of breaking the curse, but now she's actually developed legitmate feelings for him.

Kraco
Mon, 04-03-2006, 10:21 AM
Oh my god! It's only a half-lenght series! I would like to give you negative reputation for reminding me of that ugly fact (but I won't, don't worry). I was happily living in the delusion we would still have a long way till sweet 26 episodes or so... Oh what grief this caused me. What a cruel world...

Well, in that light you are right: This was a necessary step to serve the end of the story.

Ryllharu
Mon, 04-03-2006, 10:28 AM
The pain you feel now is the same that I felt when I checked on AniDB because all of a sudden there was plot development in my current favorite stupid series of nonsense.

It is a harsh world that makes Magikano only a half season.

aznroyale
Fri, 04-07-2006, 11:18 PM
AnimeU (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/%5BAnimeU%5D_Magikano_12_%5B8FFEE731%5D.avi.torren t)
eps 12

Kraco
Sat, 04-08-2006, 05:11 AM
The end is near and it shows. Although still certainly present but the craziness lessened a little, and the story started to really roll. It's kind of funny how a series like this seems to have such a dark plot...

It has been an excellent show, and it's very sad the next ep will be the last.

aznroyale
Sat, 04-08-2006, 08:00 AM
The end is near and it shows. Although still certainly present but the craziness lessened a little, and the story started to really roll. It's kind of funny how a series like this seems to have such a dark plot...

It has been an excellent show, and it's very sad the next ep will be the last.

true true, mad crazyiness near the ending :D

Kraco
Mon, 04-24-2006, 03:17 AM
Episode 13 is here, at last! Yet the joy is also marred with sadness as this episode will mark the end of the all too short series.

Episode 13 - AnimeU (http://a.scarywater.net/animeu/%5BAnimeU%5D_Magikano_13_%5B419B1D3E%5D.avi.torren t)

Edit: To be honest, I'm not happy with how this series ended (IF it ended all the messages considered...). The bulk of the series was filled with crazy action and crazy humour, yet the two last, and especially this very last, episodes were more forced action with little regard to humour at all.

One might argue the main story demanded such a thing, but on the other hand it seems dubious there absolutely had to be such an ending to the story, if the rest of the show worked just fine as it was. And I have never been happy with the type of conclusion that sets everything back to what it was before anything happened. What is that exactly? It's zero development, in other words. And that's not something I associate with good series. Oh well, I'm sure this is just my personal problem.

Yukimura
Tue, 04-25-2006, 06:19 AM
So ends another funny one. Plenty of laughs throughout this one, and the way they handeled the end didn't seem that bad to me, they were probobly to lazy to write a real one, but instead of a crap ending they used a valid plot device to tie all loose ends up...magically erase all the loose ends. I thought it was a clever trick, but apparently it's been done before. Oh well, it was still funny, and thats the most importnat thing.