PDA

View Full Version : bleach 63 discussion thread..

Turkish-S
Wed, 01-11-2006, 04:54 AM
haven't seen it yet but some stupid faggot's are still posting in the release info thread.

RAWWWW (http://bt.saiyaman.info/)

DB SUB (http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/)

ES
Wed, 01-11-2006, 06:38 AM
A nice ep..but the fist half was mostly about previous fights. A little disapointing though. Still it's a nice special nonetheless. ^_^

lol at 34:20, I think someone screwed up in japan O_<

Man...I wish Hitsugaya didnt checked on Rangiku after their drinkin binge....Would have been very interesting.

Kraco
Wed, 01-11-2006, 08:26 AM
I suppose Studio Pierrot does give people some sort of holiday period around the New Year. The first half of the episode was pretty useless, the second half a normal episode. I'm not altogether happy with the latter half (though I'm not complaining this wasn't all new material. After all, it would suck to not be able to have vacations). I think it wasn't a very elegant end to the arc. It concentrated on too many random people doing random things instead of anything really meaningful. I mean, for example the Matsumoto jokes were funny, but how did they help to conclude the arc? Well, it was what it was, and it can't be helped anymore.

And damn... The series was without Ichigo-Rukia interaction for ages, and just when I finally thought it would get back to normal... Just damn it.

But when I saw the next ep preview, I had only one question: What on earth are those Black Cat Apostles doing in Bleach?
http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/8724/bleachapostles0kl.jpg

Terracosmo
Wed, 01-11-2006, 08:38 AM
Time for the first-ever Bleach filler arc! Enjoy!

Edit: LMAO @ the 34:20 repeat scene

Edit2: Finished watching it, the drunk jokes were the best part. However, Dattebayo did a big mistake during the last scene, where Isane wakes up. Behold!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/joshuajerand/hilarity.png

She was in fact having nightmares about a fishcake! DB put in something weird there instead, thus eliminating the hilarity of it all.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 01-11-2006, 10:09 AM
God that was so NOT worth the three week wait....

The funny stuff was hysterical, but it was really an overall boring episode. Especially with the half our of retred at the beginning.

I guess now that they are back on earth the little clip at the end is gonna be stuff in SS now.

I'm just...bleh. I imagine this part of the manga has a bunch of stuff for setting up of the next arc, but since there's a big fat filler arc here we probably won't even get to see that until after...

el_boss
Wed, 01-11-2006, 10:31 AM
I was really dissapointed that after three weeks they still had to make half the episode recaps. The rest was nuts though, really funny stuff. What I don't really get is why they aren't more concerned about Aizen and company getting away.

@Kraco:I was thinking the exact same thing.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 01-11-2006, 11:00 AM
I imagine they aren't more concerned because there's nothing they can actually do. Since they can't go to Hollow World.

The Matsumoto stuff was all obviously funny, but the best is Byakuya going "That man didn't intentionally call me by just my first name did he?"

Darknodin
Wed, 01-11-2006, 11:23 AM
so... the Aposlte thing... is that filler or manga???
anyways, I found that ep okay

ChibiYali
Wed, 01-11-2006, 11:47 AM
I liked it..was good to see parts of the battles again, seeing as I thought they were bad ass when I saw them the first time and such...

The next part looks interesting... I wonder if it actually will be..
Who knows... The music sounded nice and dark though, which is always a good thing i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Munsu
Wed, 01-11-2006, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by: Darknodin
so... the Aposlte thing... is that filler or manga???
anyways, I found that ep okay

It's filler... Hopefully it will be a one episode thing...

DarthEnderX
Wed, 01-11-2006, 03:04 PM
It can't possibly be. The badguys are a team of three. When have we ever had three badguys go down in one episode in shounen anime.

Kraco
Wed, 01-11-2006, 03:13 PM
Well, if it's going to be fillers, it's a good question which of the possibilities would be better: One long, single filler story or multiple short ones like in Naruto. Short ones can easily be crappy if they try to be epic, as Naruto certainly has taught us, but if it was just one long plot and it happened to be crappy, then we would be totally screwed for a long time. Well, at least the preview looked somewhat promising.

Darknodin
Wed, 01-11-2006, 04:40 PM
ya... even if it is filler... it kinda looks interesting... and because Naruto screwed with the fillers, it doesn't mean the Bleach ones will be bad... well we'll see next week

darkmetal505
Wed, 01-11-2006, 04:58 PM
i really liked the overview of the 10 battles... err... they didnt finish them though

hitokiriender
Wed, 01-11-2006, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by: darkmetal505
i really liked the overview of the 10 battles... err... they didnt finish them though

When they said the overview of the 10 battles, I thought they were going back to show us the captain battles we missed like kenpachi vs komamaru, etc.

Dionysos
Wed, 01-11-2006, 06:54 PM
Well episode was ok...

But the filler look way better than in Naruto even in the preview, though i think they wil not be that better...and how long is it? I read that the filler are going something like 12 weeks or so. I dont have the correct number now, but i think it will be a longer filler time.

Zinobi
Wed, 01-11-2006, 08:12 PM
I liked the episode for the hilarity of it (I'm amused easily). I also don't see a reason for the next arch, I wish it could go like FMA, no fillers just stuck to the storyline, but with more episodes and doesnt leave you with questions.

anphorus
Wed, 01-11-2006, 08:42 PM
Actually the storyline in the FMA manga is... quite different from the story in the anime. I love the Bleach manga and I personally want the stories to stay the same.

I enjoyed this episode. Since I'd read the manga this was all I was expecting, and it was very good.

The whole argument between Renji and Ichigo arguing about who was stronger had already been done in the episode preveiw the episode before they fought, but it still made me laugh. The whole "Yeah, well I'm 10,000,000 times stronger!! was very DBZ.i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

One thing that annoyed me (though it might've just been the translation, like with the example Terra posted) was that it didn't mention Ishida's ulterior motive in changing the design on Chad's shirt, making him "Look like chivalrous Quincy!" Or something (because of the cross.)

Divinity
Wed, 01-11-2006, 09:15 PM
For a long episode... I was hoping for more, but this is ok I guess.

Have you guys ever wondered... What if Bleach didn't change the settings and they never made the Soul Society arc. The whole show would take place on earth. Or what if Bleach only took place in Soul Society and it never had anything to do with Earth?

Do you guys think the show would have been better or worst?

Spastic_Avenger
Wed, 01-11-2006, 10:01 PM
i thought the episode was ok ..... but i was hoping that they would show more of his return to earth, you know getting 2geather with the school mates again, i rather enjopyed the twisted who loves who that was going on in school just b4 they left for SS.
the preview showed him fighting hollows again nxt...that'll be weird cause he's so strong now only a menos grande would give him a decent go for his money, normal hollows he could probly take with his bare hands (like he did to the luetenants on the execution hill.)

Aeon
Wed, 01-11-2006, 11:39 PM
Since my computer is on the floor at the moment Iseriously fell asleep during this ep, next ep doesn't look to be any better except for Tatsuki being back.

FrogKing
Thu, 01-12-2006, 02:09 AM
Overall, I thought the episode was okay. Afterall, they did need to resolve this arc before starting up the fillers. I thought the recap was okay, but really I just like the part where Kon narrated, "What a ghetto-looking outfit. Is that a skirt?" The rest of the comedy was pretty good especially in reference to Masumoto's breastes! I hope that the fillers will be a combination of short (3-4 episode) "freak-of-the-week" stuff with some background episodes on the characters. Until then, I guess we'll have to entertain ourselves with more Ishida=Sasuke and Hottest Babes threads i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Assertn
Thu, 01-12-2006, 02:29 AM
PLOT HOLE:

Ichigo never returns to his human body when he comes back to earth, it seems.
How's his dad supposed to know that he's home?

FrogKing
Thu, 01-12-2006, 02:35 AM
^I just figured they didn't/hadn't shown that part yet because Ichigo was stand outside the house when the episode ended. Wasn't Kon in his body the whole time? If so, he probably has to knock him out and take over which either could happen at the begining of the next episode or maybe not shown but implied.

Spastic_Avenger
Thu, 01-12-2006, 03:50 AM
no i dont think kon was in the body cause ichigo tells his family that he's going on a trip...and he's dad gives him that keepsake of his mothers. ichigos body is still supposed to be at uruhara's store.

Kraco
Thu, 01-12-2006, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by: anphorus
One thing that annoyed me (though it might've just been the translation, like with the example Terra posted) was that it didn't mention Ishida's ulterior motive in changing the design on Chad's shirt, making him "Look like chivalrous Quincy!" Or something (because of the cross.)

I think that's quite obvious without any explanations.

Kovash
Thu, 01-12-2006, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
PLOT HOLE:

Ichigo never returns to his human body when he comes back to earth, it seems.
How's his dad supposed to know that he's home?

The answer if obvious; Ichigo's dad is a super powerful being that can see spirits, he just pretends that he cant so that no one knows his terrible secret. He's acctually Don Kanoji's mentor and was so shamed by his rediculous TV show that he went into hiding to ensure he was never found again. Ichigo's dad was the original Kurakara Red and his team consisted of Kaien, Don Kanonji and Genryuusai; hence Don Kanonji attemted to ressurect the fabled spirit fighting team when his ratings started to slip....

Ok ok, I can't honestly take myself seriously when? I say the impression it is NOT a plot hole, simply because if Ichigo DID return to his body, he would not be in Deathgod Clothes. Plus we all know that his body is back in Urahara's Store.

OR, here's a freaky theory - Inoe, Chad and Ishida all required the energy converter so that their bodies would return, since their bodies had previously been transformed into spirits so that they could move around in soul society. What if, Ichigo's spirit was affected by the energy converter as well, and so there is an unconcious body lying in Urahara's basement, and the new Spiritual-Body Ichigo that walks around now! wooo, freaky.

Kraco
Thu, 01-12-2006, 06:25 AM
Well, it would be nice to have a spare body lying somewhere near at hand, in case something nasty happens to your current one... The ultimate therapeutical cloning method.

Ero-Fan
Thu, 01-12-2006, 07:52 AM
Can Ichigo ever return to his old body? I thought that Urahara cut his chain or something to kill him so he could become a death god, so isn't he technically dead? And does that mean he'll have to use faux bodies every time he wants to come home?

darkmetal505
Thu, 01-12-2006, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by: Ero-Fan
Can Ichigo ever return to his old body? I thought that Urahara cut his chain or something to kill him so he could become a death god, so isn't he technically dead? And does that mean he'll have to use faux bodies every time he wants to come home?

no, he has to push kon out first. However he can return.

RedX1z
Thu, 01-12-2006, 10:02 AM
this episode was more funny than whatever if you ask me. as someone said earlier, this was definately not worth 3 weeks wait. i'm sure the next episode will make up for it. the guy with the hair and mask looks like he'll turn out to be someone cool..

Kensee
Thu, 01-12-2006, 10:10 AM
Yeahh they back home, honestly Urahara saying "Bingo" when Ichigo asked him why he didn't tell him in the begining was worth the whole 3 weeks. Urahara is the man ^_^.

Haha they had some funny parts, I also enjoyed the part where Rukia went back to apologize and Kuku kepts punching her and Ichigo in the face. GOod times, reminds me of one of my family reunions.

Err, it look like the fillers are comming up, hopefully we wont see another Naruto but, ah well I guess it will get back to the Manga soon. OoOo it might even do fillers till spring 2007! >=D kidding. ... hehe anyhow nice quiet way to end it all ...

This leaves one question ... what has Kon been doing in Ichigo's body this whole time? I mean come on, if you could do anything in SOMEONE ELSES body .... woooo .. I'm sure his right hand is tired ^_^.

nests
Thu, 01-12-2006, 11:22 AM
Too many flashbacks it seems like they let some stuff out too
That filler seem kind of interesting (did I see Renji in there) anyway I just hope that they are not as bad as Naruto ones

FrogKing
Thu, 01-12-2006, 01:10 PM
@Kovash: Thanks for reminding me. I forgot that his body was at the store that would explain some of the plot hole. Still, he hasn't gone in the house and he is clearing in Shinigami clothes so I guess they'll have to say something about how he retrieves it.

Darknodin
Thu, 01-12-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by: Kovash

The answer if obvious; Ichigo's dad is a super powerful being that can see spirits, he just pretends that he cant so that no one knows his terrible secret. He's acctually Don Kanoji's mentor and was so shamed by his rediculous TV show that he went into hiding to ensure he was never found again. Ichigo's dad was the original Kurakara Red and his team consisted of Kaien, Don Kanonji and Genryuusai; hence Don Kanonji attemted to ressurect the fabled spirit fighting team when his ratings started to slip....

Hey!!! it said NO SPOILERS!!! You manga prophet!!! **** YOU!!!

seriously... wouldn't THAT be a shocker

DarthEnderX
Thu, 01-12-2006, 02:26 PM
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if his dad could see spirits. Everyone else in his family can.

Kensee
Thu, 01-12-2006, 02:41 PM
The first few episodes mention how Ichigo's dad, Issin (sp?), had the most trouble seeing spirits out of the family, so i suspect he can see them ... wonder if he'll see ichigo.

Kraco
Thu, 01-12-2006, 03:36 PM
He would be sorry if he could. Shinigami Ichigo kicks ass even harder than the flesh and blood Ichigo, after all...

Assertn
Thu, 01-12-2006, 05:04 PM
Ero-Fan: I theorize that ichigo is technically dead at this point, but still able to possess his body. We see him in his real body just prior to leaving for SS, but after the training took place.

darkmetal505: Kon is not in ichigo's body.

Both of you check episode 20 to see what i mean. Urahara uses his cane on ichigo just before they leave, then then they pretty much just leave his body idly lying on the floor there.

FrogKing
Thu, 01-12-2006, 05:11 PM
^I hear ya' Assertn, but don't you think that Urahara could have had Kon take over Ichigo's body. After all he is aware of Kon and how Rukia/Ichigo used him as a subsititute soul. Given the total time they were gone he could have easily gotten Kon and removed him and placed him in Ichigo's body. As a bonus, Ichigo's body wouldn't atrophy while gone. I realize I am probably giving waaaaaay too much to the writers, but you could rationalize the fact that Kon is in Ichigo and that Shinigami Ichigo has a body to come back to. Guess we'll have to wait till next week to see if the show even addresses the situation or if they leave it out (i.e. plot hole).

anphorus
Thu, 01-12-2006, 05:35 PM
I agree with Frogking, with no Soul in the body for about a month Ichigo's body would definately start to lose some muscle mass, and it'd probably need to be hooked up to a bunch of medical equipment just to keep him alive (for food and whatnot). Plus, logically speaking. wouldn't a body eventually die with no soul in it? It just seems more conveinient for everyone for Kon to be put in Ichigo's body.

Also: In that little thing that was at the end of the episodes for a while (that Dattebayo kept cutting off) where it was some kind of Soccer tournament or something, wasn't Kon in Ichigo's body then? I don't know whether this is filler though.

Ero-Fan
Thu, 01-12-2006, 05:53 PM
Ero-Fan: I theorize that ichigo is technically dead at this point, but still able to possess his body. We see him in his real body just prior to leaving for SS, but after the training took place.

Both of you check episode 20 to see what i mean. Urahara uses his cane on ichigo just before they leave, then then they pretty much just leave his body idly lying on the floor there.

What I was refering to was what Rukia told us when Inoue's brother knocked her out. Something along the lines of "As long as her chain of fate isn't cut, she won't die. I assumed since Urahara had Ichigo's chain cut to help transform him into a shinigami, that his body would die without the connection to his soul.

ChaosK
Thu, 01-12-2006, 06:07 PM
so matsumoto had sex with those 2?

Knives122
Thu, 01-12-2006, 06:38 PM
No, while Ichigo was running, 69 guy met with Matsumoto and Kira and they got shit drunk(they left that out)

Munsu
Thu, 01-12-2006, 06:38 PM

Sorry, but you are wrong there... Kon is in Ichigo's body, and he has been for a couple of episodes now.

Zoels
Thu, 01-12-2006, 07:16 PM
this is kind of off topic, but that 34:20 repeat thing was a commercial break.

el_boss
Thu, 01-12-2006, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
No, while Ichigo was running, 69 guy met with Matsumoto and Kira and they got shit drunk(they left that out)
It was pretty obvious that they got "shit drunk". The question is, did they have sex before or after they got drunk.

Darknodin
Thu, 01-12-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by: el_boss

It was pretty obvious that they got "shit drunk". The question is, did they have sex before or after they got drunk.

i think they only tried... and after

FrogKing
Thu, 01-12-2006, 08:30 PM
@anphorus: Good call. The Shinigami cup or whatever it is called shows Kon in Ichigo's body.

SamuraiX-
Thu, 01-12-2006, 08:36 PM
Well, the episode was alright to me. However, I had so much high expectations for the ending of the SS arch. I mean, the main elements it tried to focus on were Ichigo saving Rukia and Ichigo fighting Byakuya. You'd think we would hear more moving conversations between them. i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

On top of that, Ichigo and Rukia barely even talked! Except for that one part where she told him that she was staying behind. I seriously thought Ichigo was going to say something like.."Well, then there's no choice... I guess that I'll just have to stay here with you." or something like that. On top of that, they cut out the part where he was about to tell her why he wanted to rescue her so bad. >_<

It looks like Rukia isn't going to be included in the fillers, which just sucks. Well, at least the fillers probably won't be as bad as the Naruto ones. I just hope the manga starts moving so that the episodes get back on track with the main story again. =/

Question! Without spoiling anything, could anyone who reads the Bleach Manga tell me how far exactly the Manga is from the Anime? This might help judge the amount of filler episodes we will have to watch. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

P.S. - My favorite part had to be when Urahara was apologizing (I never expected him to be that sorry for what he did). Probably the most moving scene of the episode. ^_^

darkmetal505
Thu, 01-12-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by: SamuraiX-

Question! Without spoiling anything, could anyone who reads the Bleach Manga tell me how far exactly the Manga is from the Anime? This might help judge the amount of filler episodes we will have to watch.

well S.S was a huge ass arc. Lets just say the manga is in the arc right after the SS arc, but its another huge ass arc (or it looks like it).

SamuraiX-
Thu, 01-12-2006, 09:47 PM
How far in that arch is the Manga, exactly? Would you say... about a a quarter of the way? A third? Half maybe? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Munsu
Thu, 01-12-2006, 10:15 PM
A lot has happened, but I'd still say that we are still in the opening moments of the arc...

No one can tell you anything in regards to how far we are, because all you'll get is a bunch of bullshit.

So let's leave the matter at that.

Carnage
Fri, 01-13-2006, 02:26 AM
I actually liked the first half of the episode better. I don't think this arc had a good ending, it just didnt seem rigt. But, it was very funny, and kudos for that. But seriously, now that there are going to be fillers, I think lots of people will start reading the manga (including me). Btw, can anyone tell me what chapter I should start from if I want to read the next arc?

Assertn
Fri, 01-13-2006, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by: Budweineken

Sorry, but you are wrong there... Kon is in Ichigo's body, and he has been for a couple of episodes now.

Proof?
The only times I've seen kon in actual episodes (and i am NOT counting that post-ep spinoff), he was still in his stuffed animal body, being part of the don kanonji crew.

Ero-Fan: in the beginning of ep 20, Ichigo's in his human body. His body seemed fine to me.

Munsu
Fri, 01-13-2006, 02:33 AM
Well you should count it... especially when Yuzu says "Brother came back from his trip"... or something along those lines.

nests
Fri, 01-13-2006, 02:35 AM
actually those spin offs were also in the manga.

Ero-Fan
Fri, 01-13-2006, 07:41 AM

Proof?
The only times I've seen kon in actual episodes (and i am NOT counting that post-ep spinoff), he was still in his stuffed animal body, being part of the don kanonji crew.

Ero-Fan: in the beginning of ep 20, Ichigo's in his human body. His body seemed fine to me.

Shit, I completely forgot about that episode. Oh well, thanks for clearing that up.
So those little spinoff things at the end of the later episodes actually count? I thought they were just a joke...

Kensee
Fri, 01-13-2006, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by: SamuraiX-
How far in that arch is the Manga, exactly? Would you say... about a a quarter of the way? A third? Half maybe?

Kinda what bud said but ... yeah we're not sure how far the arch is in the manga is ..

All we can say is that the Anime is in distance of the Manga, thus the fillers.

heero
Fri, 01-13-2006, 12:04 PM
This episode was nice to have after all the action

darkmetal505
Fri, 01-13-2006, 06:51 PM

Proof?

It would seem logical that kon would be in ichigo's body so he can cover for him. I doubt ichigo would just leave his body hanging around.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 01-13-2006, 08:49 PM
Kon must be in his body thats what he is for.

Honinbou
Sat, 01-14-2006, 12:38 PM
all the animes where they dont know how many episodes its going to be have fillers, thats a fact.. so bleach has fillers too, starting NOW!
but.. there is one thing that can be helped, that is if the fillers are worth watching! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
and for this episode, rather w8ed one more week for a normal episode :S

Assertn
Sat, 01-14-2006, 12:56 PM
Well you should count it... especially when Yuzu says "Brother came back from his trip"... or something along those lines.

When did she say that? o.O

nests: spin offs are just that...spin offs. They hold no relevance

darkmetal505: Why would kon need to cover for him? Everyone knew he'd be gone for a while. Who covered fo chad, ishida, and orihime? I find it hard to believe that kon would find his way from Ichigo's bedroom to urahara's secret underground lair where Ichigo's body was left.

Hakeem: wth? You guys' rationale eludes me...... Ichigo tried to switch bodies with kon, but kon refused, cause he can't stand having the pill extracted back and forth between bodies all the time. When would he go on this big journey and switch with ichigo of his own accord? CAN he switch bodies of his own accord?

Kraco
Sat, 01-14-2006, 01:48 PM
Urahara was there all the time. He could have taken care of Ichigo's body by inserting Kon into it. As it has been said earlier, a body without a soul is just a body lying comatose. Dehydration and other inconveniences are imminent in such a state. If nothing was done to the body, it might be in quite a bad shape. Ichigo might find it harder to forgive Urahara, after all...

Ban Kai
Sat, 01-14-2006, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by: anphorus
I agree with Frogking, with no Soul in the body for about a month Ichigo's body would definately start to lose some muscle mass, and it'd probably need to be hooked up to a bunch of medical equipment just to keep him alive (for food and whatnot). Plus, logically speaking. wouldn't a body eventually die with no soul in it? It just seems more conveinient for everyone for Kon to be put in Ichigo's body.

Also: In that little thing that was at the end of the episodes for a while (that Dattebayo kept cutting off) where it was some kind of Soccer tournament or something, wasn't Kon in Ichigo's body then? I don't know whether this is filler though.

i thought Kon was in Ichigo's body now because if you watch the very end of one of the episodes it shows Kon fighting over his plushie body.

Hakeem_21
Sat, 01-14-2006, 06:22 PM

When did she say that? o.O

nests: spin offs are just that...spin offs. They hold no relevance

darkmetal505: Why would kon need to cover for him? Everyone knew he'd be gone for a while. Who covered fo chad, ishida, and orihime? I find it hard to believe that kon would find his way from Ichigo's bedroom to urahara's secret underground lair where Ichigo's body was left.

Hakeem: wth? You guys' rationale eludes me...... Ichigo tried to switch bodies with kon, but kon refused, cause he can't stand having the pill extracted back and forth between bodies all the time. When would he go on this big journey and switch with ichigo of his own accord? CAN he switch bodies of his own accord?

I dont get whats so hard to believe, he has played Ichigo before when he was on his shingami work.

Uruhara woulndt let Ichigo's body die and rot away while Ichigo is in SS. Also his family would freak out if they thought he was missing,so Kon must have been playing Ichigo while he was gone.

Assertn
Sat, 01-14-2006, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by: Hakeem_21
I dont get whats so hard to believe, he has played Ichigo before when he was on his shingami work.

Uruhara woulndt let Ichigo's body die and rot away while Ichigo is in SS. Also his family would freak out if they thought he was missing,so Kon must have been playing Ichigo while he was gone.

Likewise, I dont get whats so hard to believe that kon HAD to control Ichigo's body. Comatose bodies can last years in a bed somewhere if its not neglected. Urahara already acknowledged kon as a defective product, I can't see him breaking into Ichigo's house to kidnap him to control Ichigo's body. We've seen entire episodes where kon was in his animal body while Ichigo was in SS, and the only time he was in Ichigo's body was in those OBVIOUSLY irrelevant post-preview shorts.

Hakeem, don't post if you're not going to follow the discussion, as it's already been stated that everyone knew Ichigo would be gone for a while. A substitute probably would've brought more chaos than prevent it.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 01-14-2006, 08:52 PM
Think you're wrong this time Assertn.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 01-14-2006, 11:34 PM
Look to settle this argument someone who supports the theory that Kon was in Ichigo's body pull out the episode number where they saw him in there.

Assertn
Sun, 01-15-2006, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder

Think your contribution is a waste of bandwidth this time DE.

heero
Sun, 01-15-2006, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by: DB_Hunter
Look to settle this argument someone who supports the theory that Kon was in Ichigo's body pull out the episode number where they saw him in there.

OR wait for the next episode to see what happens when Ichigo got back in his house.

I would bet that Kon was inside Ichigo's body while he was gone i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

KoKo37
Sun, 01-15-2006, 07:06 AM
Well I think Kon was in Ichigo's body or else he wouldn't of said this.

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/7488/kkkkk0nt.jpg

That was when they were going to SS. I cant remeber if the actually showed him in Ichigos body besides the shinigami golden thing but i'd imagine he was in it because it would rot or something >.>. But then again Ichigo did say he was going on a trip, so I think il go with Kon was in Ichigo's body but never went to his house and played soccor with kids.

masamuneehs
Sun, 01-15-2006, 10:18 AM
Well I guess a flashy recap of battles would be an OK way to kick off the new year of Bleach, maybe try to draw in newbies who are watching on TV in Japan. Kon as an announcer was somewhat annoying.

I wasn't surprised, but still pissed that they totally skipped the parts of the Kenpachi fight where Kenpachi was totally owning Ichigo. That part where he lets Ichigo get a free hit is golden. Still, reminded me how damn awesome Kenpachi is. I think I saw him block an attack twice during the whole segment they showed.

The music during the recap of Mayuri and Ishida's fight (after Mayuri's Bankai comes out, damn that thing looks straight out of Berserk) was new wasn't it? The fast, creepy piano bit. I can bet we'll see it in future fights with Hollows when the Hollow is gloating/ appears to have the upper hand.... I sorta liked it.

Music during Soi Fon vs. Yoroichi seemed to be new as well. Didn't watch that scene as it was a rather dull fight, I thought.

And, of course they use "Number One" during Byakuya vs. Ichigo. "If you want some action!"

New, almost Naruto-ish (maybe its just the occasional shouts in the backgrond, its more of an frantic battle theme) music was used during Hitsugaya's recap of Aizen's plot. And I loved that once again Aizen's finger stopped the soundtrack cold. Sweetness.

And then finally they got to new stuff!

Matsumoto's breats almost "spilling out". hahaha. you know its good if breasts are referred to as if they were surging water behind a dam. God what a rack! And her way of getting over Kira Izuru's attacking her was classic. What a woman!

Ishida was acting might gay.... Damn man. I was sure he had the hots for Inoue. Now he's making dresses and asking Chad to 'try on outfits' in front of him.

Byakuya made a funny. Its the 1st sign of the Apocalypse!

....and the preview leaves me hoping and hoping that its not filler...
sorry if my post is repetetive, i don't read every discussion thoroughly before watching an episode (that would ruin the episode!) and i just like to post initial reactions.

EDIT: after reading the other posts.
Goddamn fillers.... guess we have to keep our fingers crossed...
Since the Shinigami's Cup was in the manga, and it shows Kon in Ichigo's body, then I think its safe to say Kon kept it alive and active (avoiding decomposition). Koko37's post really seems to be clear cut evidence that Kon was in Ichigo's body during this time.
Nobody else noticed the new music? (or maybe it wasn't new and i'm going crazy?)

Carnage
Sun, 01-15-2006, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by: God#2
Btw, can anyone tell me what chapter I should start from if I want to read the next arc?

Hakeem_21
Sun, 01-15-2006, 06:21 PM

Originally posted by: Hakeem_21

Likewise, I dont get whats so hard to believe that kon HAD to control Ichigo's body. Comatose bodies can last years in a bed somewhere if its not neglected. Urahara already acknowledged kon as a defective product, I can't see him breaking into Ichigo's house to kidnap him to control Ichigo's body. We've seen entire episodes where kon was in his animal body while Ichigo was in SS, and the only time he was in Ichigo's body was in those OBVIOUSLY irrelevant post-preview shorts.

Hakeem, don't post if you're not going to follow the discussion, as it's already been stated that everyone knew Ichigo would be gone for a while. A substitute probably would've brought more chaos than prevent it.

A lack of substitute would cause much more trouble,if there hasnt been a substitute,his family would be worried and think he was missing.

Thats why i think Kon is playing him to make the family believe Ichigo is still with them.

Also someone said those spinoff things where Kon is in Ichigo's body was in the manga too,which may been that Kon has been in his body all the time he has been gone.

mage
Sun, 01-15-2006, 06:45 PM
i think ichigo told his family he was going somewhere for summer break, so he might have just had urahara take care of his body.

Hakeem_21
Sun, 01-15-2006, 08:28 PM
We didnt see that did we?

Also which father would let his teenage son go just like that.

Kraco
Sun, 01-15-2006, 08:47 PM
It's not exactly a text-book family...

Ero-Fan
Sun, 01-15-2006, 08:52 PM
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/951/capture27ps.jpg
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/3193/capture10tm.jpg

Episode 20 screenshots. His father knew he was going on a trip, so Kon in his body the whole time would make no sense.

el_boss
Sun, 01-15-2006, 08:58 PM
I recall something of this nature as well.

Assertn
Sun, 01-15-2006, 11:57 PM
Yeah.......sometimes a manga will have side stories that aren't connected in any way to the real plot.
They did this in a naruto bonus chapter, several kenshin bonus chapters, the last pages of many FMA chapters. Bud, you of all people should be aware of this.

Am I the only one that realized how painfully obvious it was that the ending skits were something completely off the plot? i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

DarthEnderX
Mon, 01-16-2006, 12:00 AM

Think your contribution is a waste of bandwidth this time DE.Fine if you'd like me to elaborate, then the position that Kon is in his body, which is supported by the admittedly dubious evidence of the clips at the end of the show, is still more believable than your position which is supported by the admittedly nonexistance evidence of absolutely nothing but your own opinion.

Which makes the time you bother to argue your point equally wasteful of bandwidth. And considerably MORE bandwidth I'd like to point out.

You could very well be correct, but I'm simply saying that what little evidence there is points to you not being so.

Episode 20 screenshots. His father knew he was going on a trip, so Kon in his body the whole time would make no sense. Other people besides just his father would need to be fooled.

Did he ever use that pendant for anything btw?

Assertn
Mon, 01-16-2006, 12:27 AM
Fine if you'd like me to elaborate, then the position that Kon is in his body, which is supported by the admittedly dubious evidence of the clips at the end of the show, is still more believable than your position which is supported by the admittedly nonexistance evidence of absolutely nothing but your own opinion.

Which makes the time you bother to argue your point equally wasteful of bandwidth. And considerably MORE bandwidth I'd like to point out.

You could very well be correct, but I'm simply saying that what little evidence there is points to you not being so.

Thanks for completely ignoring my last post (or inadvertently supporting it, perhaps?)
The basic jist of what I was trying to say was that the ending skits are not valid evidence in any way, shape or form. I won't even humor you with saying any more than that.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 01-16-2006, 12:49 AM
Including supporting your view in ANY way.

Basically what it comes down to is this.

Evidence that Kon is in Ichigo's body = clips at the end of the show that might not have ever happened

Evidence that nobody is in Ichigo's body = nothing

Crappy evidence still beats no evidence at all.

Munsu
Mon, 01-16-2006, 01:27 AM
Sorry Assertn, but if those mini stories have nothing to do with the plot in any way they wouldn't have to make it a point in them to say that Ichigo had returned from his trip (Kon taking his body)... So, Assertn, you of all people should be aware of that.

Knives122
Mon, 01-16-2006, 01:56 AM
this discussion has gotten so bad I don't even know what's going on anymore. just wait till next ep and your questions will be answered....or not doesn't matter

Assertn
Mon, 01-16-2006, 02:28 AM
Sorry Assertn, but if those mini stories have nothing to do with the plot in any way they wouldn't have to make it a point in them to say that Ichigo had returned from his trip (Kon taking his body)... So, Assertn, you of all people should be aware of that.

Lack of a better idea to conclude the spin-off? Still irrelevant....

I see you've resorted to stealing my posting style now, huh?

Kraco
Mon, 01-16-2006, 04:49 AM
this discussion has gotten so bad I don't even know what's going on anymore. just wait till next ep and your questions will be answered....or not doesn't matter

It could very well be the next ep starts with Ichigo going to school, or something other normal. Considering how they suddenly jumped a week ahead in SS, skipping lots of stuff I would have liked to see, like Ichigo and Rukia's reunion (I suppose they would have exchanged a couple of words after all that happened), I wouldn't think it impossible they just skip any explanations of how Ichigo's empty body didn't rot away.

heero
Mon, 01-16-2006, 07:41 AM
I just think its funny how some people can be so stubborn about their views even though there wasnt much evidence there to really come with a conclusion. I bet they would feel dumb if they found out they were wrong i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif but then again, they can always blame the story and say "oh the story is screwed up, it doesnt make sense" i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

DarthEnderX
Mon, 01-16-2006, 08:03 AM

Yeah.......sometimes a manga will have side stories that aren't connected in any way to the real plot.
They did this in a naruto bonus chapter, several kenshin bonus chapters, the last pages of many FMA chapters. Bud, you of all people should be aware of this.

Lack of a better idea to conclude the spin-off? Still irrelevant....

I see you've resorted to stealing my posting style now, huh?Yeah it's really annoying and not at all clever isn't it.

Think your contribution is a waste of bandwidth this time DE.

masamuneehs
Mon, 01-16-2006, 08:24 AM
nitpick nitpick nitpick.

this is such a minor, trivial detail that I can't believe its been argued over so much!

MORE IMPORTANTLY: Who noticed the new music (used during the Mayuri/Ishida fight, the Byakuya recap of Aizen's plot and the Soi Fon/Yoroichi fight recaps) ?!?! I am looking for a way to DL those full tracks on the web, but as they seem to be new I've been totally unsuccessful. Anyone want to help? Anyone even pay attention to stuff like that?

DB_Hunter
Mon, 01-16-2006, 09:10 AM
These forums descend into catfights quite alot these days..

On the point of seeing what happens in the next ep WRT Ichigo's body, we still may not find out for sure since it is a filler arc anyway. Anyways, as far as I am concerned I have seen no evidence to suggest that Kon is currently in Ichigo's body and unless someone comes forward with an episode number and the point in time where Kon is in Ichigo's body my view will remain the same.

el_boss
Mon, 01-16-2006, 09:44 AM
I remember how it was now regarding the whole Ichigo/Kon matter. The "trip" Ichigo was going on was when he went to train at Uraharas place. If I'm not mistaken, they all got to go home the last day before they went to Soul Society. This is when Ichigo let Kon take over his body.

Jadugar
Mon, 01-16-2006, 10:30 AM
This speculation about weather Kon is in Ichigo's body or not is reallly pissing me off. So I rewatched the earlier episodes from ep 17-20. Episode 20 is the significant one here is the summmary.

Summary Of Ep 20 :

Ichigo finds his death god powers and finds his soul slayers name. He comes back from Urahar's training place in his original body. Ichigo and all the other go to see the firework festival. Ichigo is still in his body. He waits for a message from Urahara at night then he leaves home but before he leaves his father gives him a amulet and tell him to return it when he comes back from his trip. So his father knows he is going on a trip. All the characters gather at Uraha's store and then they go to his secret training place where Urahara opens up the gate to the SS. He detaches Ichigo from his body there in that secret place and shinigami Ichigo goes to SS.

Thats the last you see of Ichigo's body lying in uraha's secret place. There is no Kon.

If there was a switch between Ichigo and Kon when did it happen, in which episode, plz let me know.

And no manga references, we are watching the anime. They might have done stuff differently in manga.

Assertn
Mon, 01-16-2006, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs
nitpick nitpick nitpick.

this is such a minor, trivial detail that I can't believe its been argued over so much!
Meh, I'm only doing it to defend my first post, in which I claimed there was a plot hole in the series. I didn't expect people to make such a big deal about the spin-off sequences to argue it.

masamuneehs
Mon, 01-16-2006, 02:07 PM

Originally posted by: masamuneehs
nitpick nitpick nitpick.

Meh, I'm only doing it to defend my first post, in which I claimed there was a plot hole in the series. I didn't expect people to make such a big deal about the spin-off sequences to argue it.

oh, i understand whats going on. Rather than add my own ramblings, I'll borrow some classic quotes:

"Temper gets you into trouble. Pride keeps you there. - unknown

"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without." ~ Dwight Eisenhower (1890-1969)

"Any frontal attack on ignorance is bound to fail because the masses are always ready to defend their most precious possession  their ignorance."~ Hendrik Van Loon

The louder he spoke of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons. --Ralph Waldo Emerson

on topic: The word 'bleach' was used for the first time ever in the anime Bleach (besides in title screens) in Episode 63. However, rather than reveal the mystery behind the title of any important theme to the show, the reference was simply to the householder, poisonous cleaning product, bleach.

Splash!
Mon, 01-16-2006, 02:51 PM
i believe that little clip at the end of episode 60 shows what is going on in the human world. And Kon is in Ichigo's body when he attacks Jinta. So, according to that, one can assume that the directors are trying to tell us that kon is in charge of ichigo's body

el_boss
Mon, 01-16-2006, 04:51 PM
I skimmed trough some episode and found some relevant pictures. As you will see there are alot of situations where we don't get to see what exactly happens with Ichigo's body. So what I'm saying is that we can't be sure what is up with Ichigo.

This is before the Renji fight on earth. Kon woudn't let Ichigo take him out so Urahara suddenly showed up and gave him a hand.
http://hem.bredband.net/ashkan_h/bleach_01.png

Here he wakes up in Uraharas place, and we don't know if he's in his normal body or if he's still a shinigami.
http://hem.bredband.net/ashkan_h/bleach_02.png

This is the episode after, and Ichigo is back in school and we didn't get to see how he got into his normal body.
http://hem.bredband.net/ashkan_h/bleach_03.png

This is before his training with Urahara.
http://hem.bredband.net/ashkan_h/bleach_04.png

Here the body has mysteriously disappeared.
http://hem.bredband.net/ashkan_h/bleach_05.png

Here he is back in his normal body again, without us seeing when and how.
http://hem.bredband.net/ashkan_h/bleach_06.png

This is right before they enter the gate to SS. And like Jadugar said we don't get to see what happens to Ichigo's body.
http://hem.bredband.net/ashkan_h/bleach_07.png

aznimperialx
Mon, 01-16-2006, 06:06 PM
that esp was bad. Hate when its called a special when half of it is flashbacks

Knives122
Mon, 01-16-2006, 06:48 PM
yeah but we got all the fight scenes, so it's not that bad...

Jadugar
Mon, 01-16-2006, 09:03 PM
No we didnt get to see all the fights and the SPECIAL was not really special.

Hakeem_21
Mon, 01-16-2006, 09:06 PM
There was nothing special about showing all the fights for like 30 sec, the second half was decent.

Knives122
Mon, 01-16-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by: Jadugar
No we didnt get to see all the fights and the SPECIAL was not really special.

yeah I know, which was why I put the "..." , it over all sucked