PDA

View Full Version : HELP. DELETED ANIME

6Zabuza9
Wed, 01-11-2006, 01:31 AM
i accidently deleted all my anime in a folder. is there any possible way to get it back??? i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

LaZie
Wed, 01-11-2006, 01:51 AM
Recycle Bin?

Phoenix20578
Wed, 01-11-2006, 01:56 AM
The best way is to go to a comp. store and ask them to reteive the files. Other than that, your kinda screwed

seanos
Wed, 01-11-2006, 11:53 AM
It depends on various things.
FAT16/32, NTFS, ext2/3 - i.e. what file system your using.
Secondly, if you overwrote the areas of the disk the files were being stored on.
Typically deleting a file is only removing the link to the file - the file/information itself still exists.
So unless you did lots of writes to the disk since the delete - or you used some secure delete-style program, it should be fairly easy to google for an undeleter stype program (tonnes around) and use that to get lost information back.

Note, few comp stores will have any clue -- unless your very lucky, typically data recovery is a company itself, who charge obsene amounts to get data back (since it is next to impossible to delete/destroy data on a HD anyway).
I'll stop the rambling now.

complich8
Thu, 01-12-2006, 12:03 AM
I've used the application restoration.exe (here: http://aumha.org/a/recover.php ) with some good success in the past, on windows.

If it doesn't see them, then you're probably SOL.