PDA

View Full Version : Anime sequals

nests
Tue, 01-10-2006, 11:54 AM
Ok lets get another topic going.
recently a lot of anime have been getting sequals wich is something that didnt happend too much some time ago
basically I want you to tell me wich anime you think deserves a sequal and why.

Kraco
Tue, 01-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Do you mean theoretically would deserve (you would like it to continue), or do you mean does an anime with an announced, real sequal deserve it?

Well, I'm going to go with the first possibility and answer
- Moon Phase. Just because I liked the series a lot, and it was so kawaii, and much could still happen.
- Cowboy Bebop. Maybe this wish is heresy, but I still would like to know what happens next...
- Erementar Gerad sequel... (though just like with Moon Phase and Bebop there's no real need for such.)
- FMP: The Third Raid. Now, this would be really needed.
- Aishiteru ze Baby could use a sequel. But it would require a quality manuscript, at least as fine as the original.

If you meant the latter, that is, are real sequels deserved, then Aa! Megami sama sequel certainly is.

DDBen
Tue, 01-10-2006, 12:58 PM
My number one choice would be Berserk hands down They have tons of source material and need to not only make a sequal but redo the first series.

Full Metal Alchemist This needs a sequal because we still have nothing resolved from the series or the movie.

Full Metal Panic This always needs sequals as its one of my favorite series overall.

Erementar Gerad I could certainly go for a sequal to this one as it still has room for growth.

I'll think of more later.

Honoko
Tue, 01-10-2006, 02:12 PM
Hajime no Ippo!

edit: oops, forgot to tell why. the storyline continues in the manga and it's friggin awesome i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif plus, i would love to see those great fights animated ^^

aznimperialx
Tue, 01-10-2006, 03:15 PM
golden boy lol
samurai champloo - they need a reunion
Please Teacher/ Please Twin

el_boss
Tue, 01-10-2006, 03:16 PM
Berserk god damn it. They have so much to build on.
Elfen Lied, not just because of the ending, I want to see more of it.

Carnage
Tue, 01-10-2006, 03:45 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmm...................................Out law Star. That anime was kickass. Also, a sequal to G - Gundam would nice.

nests
Tue, 01-10-2006, 05:26 PM
what I mean was anime that deserve it and anime tha you would like to see continue
el_boss pretty much said the one I think deserve a sequal Berserk and Elfen Lied they just left to many questions unawnserd specially Bersek.

another one would be Love Hina it was too funny to have been left unfinished

aznimperialx
Tue, 01-10-2006, 05:46 PM
it really cant have a Eflen Lied squel (even tho i want) because at the end she died so you can't really...

el_boss
Tue, 01-10-2006, 06:05 PM
There are alot of other characters in Elfen Lied which they can build the plot from. And the thing about the ending was that it might have been Lucy that was at the gate.

aznimperialx
Tue, 01-10-2006, 06:09 PM
where she ripped off those horns?

Kraco
Tue, 01-10-2006, 06:12 PM
The whole beauty of Elfen Lied's ending was that you couldn't be absolutely sure if she died or not. And that's also one of the reasons why it's the #1 anime series for me. Even if some small part of me wants it to continue, I still hope it won't. Some stories need to end like that to become as magical as they are.

But Berserk is indeed a series I failed to mention.

aznroyale
Tue, 01-10-2006, 06:15 PM
Elfen Lied deseverse a sequal

aznimperialx
Tue, 01-10-2006, 06:22 PM
nah i think she died because after she was walking back she was surrounded by people with guns but she was reaching for them with her invisable arms and then bullets just fly out

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b218/aznimperialx/vlcsnap-2697292.png

blood

aznroyale
Tue, 01-10-2006, 06:26 PM
maybe -_- but then they should have an OVA to continue after that part

Ryllharu
Tue, 01-10-2006, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by: nests
another one would be Love Hina it was too funny to have been left unfinished

Not to mention they bastardized the Kanako parts, except where she felt up Motoko, that's not in the manga and the best part of Again. They also missed the last 3 and a half volumes.

Board of Command
Tue, 01-10-2006, 06:43 PM
Berserk definitely. They ended the series at the worst time possible. It was more of an advertisement for the manga if anything.

Tenjou Tenge is just crying for a sequel. They made an OVA but it still left everyone hanging. I'm surprised no one mentioned this one yet.

Genshiken would also do well with a sequel. It's one of those series that can spawn a thousand episodes and still not get boring.

Beck could have a second season that actually shows their adventure in America. Wouldn't hurt at all.

...and the ultimate sequal series would be: Slam Dunk. Anyone that has seen the series would know why. Although pretty old, there's nothing wrong with making a sequel.

aznroyale
Tue, 01-10-2006, 06:48 PM
oh yeah Tenjou Tenge....dying for it son of a ***** left it in the middle

nests
Tue, 01-10-2006, 08:21 PM
Yes, Tenjou Tenge defenetly desrves a sequal. the story might not have been that interesting but the fights kicked ass. also it seemed like a whole bunch of figths were coming up when they ended it with the OVAs

darkmetal505
Tue, 01-10-2006, 11:21 PM
i think they are working on tenjou tenge and I think its supposed to be released this year.

tenjou tenge
samurai champloo
FMA (the ending killed me)

Phoenix20578
Tue, 01-10-2006, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by: darkmetal505
i think they are working on tenjou tenge and I think its supposed to be released this year.

PROOF!!!!

nests
Wed, 01-11-2006, 01:51 AM
Yeah where did you read that. Please dont get my hopes up

DDBen
Sat, 01-14-2006, 02:12 AM
I would definatly have to Support Slam Dunk having a sequal as well as Hikaru no Go which much like beck they blew through a couple of volumes of the manga in the ending of the final episode and left you without a ending.

Hakeem_21
Sat, 01-14-2006, 12:35 PM
Slam Dunk really needs a sequel doesnt matter how old it is now.

Hajime No Ippo sequel would be nice too.

Samurai Champloo-the end made me want more of Mugen,Jin much more.

Fiss240
Sat, 01-14-2006, 10:13 PM
Ghost in the Shell, because I can never have enough Ghost in the Shell.