PDA

View Full Version : Oh god no

Terracosmo
Mon, 01-09-2006, 07:27 PM
http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/1516/11366820381183fy.jpg

Deblas
Mon, 01-09-2006, 07:36 PM
O_o....LOL!!! You have got to be shittin me!!! I don't care for the gear but those guys just look incredibly awkward wearing it. Especially those two wearing the head band and the Naruto jacket. And what the hell is up with those boxers?!

Ero-Fan
Mon, 01-09-2006, 07:39 PM
Please, tell me this is just a prank... This has got to be the worst Naruto idea ever, next to fillers.

KoKo37
Mon, 01-09-2006, 07:41 PM
LoL, they all look goth/emo and then there wearing Naruto clothing XD, I bet those were the only people willing to do that i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif. Atleast I know what boxers to get next.... o.O

darkmetal505
Mon, 01-09-2006, 08:00 PM
the hot topic by my house has a whole anime section.... I see nothing wrong with it, I bought my headband from there.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 01-09-2006, 08:02 PM
It would ALMOST work if Naruto didn't wear bright orange. Goth's won't wear bright orange man! They're like ninjas with less social skills.

Ero-Fan
Mon, 01-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by: darkmetal505
the hot topic by my house has a whole anime section.... I see nothing wrong with it, I bought my headband from there.

Uh-huh, headband... I know I am going to regret this. Which anime series is the headband for? *ducks for cover*

SamuraiX-
Mon, 01-09-2006, 08:08 PM
*Irish Accent* SWEET HOLY MOTHER MARY OF JEEEESUUUSSSS!! That is just beyond wrong. Goths wearing Naruto clothing?! Maybe the world really is coming to an end. i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Kraco
Mon, 01-09-2006, 08:27 PM
Damn, that was gross. And just before getting to bed. I know I'm gonna have nightmares because of it...

ChaosK
Mon, 01-09-2006, 08:27 PM
the topic pretty much summarizes my thoughts.

darkmetal505
Mon, 01-09-2006, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by: Ero-Fan

Uh-huh, headband... I know I am going to regret this. Which anime series is the headband for? *ducks for cover*

naruto, the blue one with the konoha leaf. The one that they get when they turn genin. On that picture, its the one that the guy at the bottom-right is wearing.

Assertn
Mon, 01-09-2006, 09:01 PM
When i was getting a nerf maverick at my local target, i saw "Zolo" toy swords from One Piece.
Now all the kiddies can run around with swords in their mouths and make fake clashing sounds (AA batteries sold seperately)

Terracosmo
Mon, 01-09-2006, 09:08 PM
UNLEASH YOUR INNER NINJA WITH NARUTO GEAR

(eyeliner and stupid expressions sold separately)

and yes I know that I'm being very very very very very very hypocritical right now

Ero-Fan
Mon, 01-09-2006, 09:12 PM
So, do they sell Akasuki cloaks with matching nail polish? Haha, I made myself sick..

Terracosmo
Mon, 01-09-2006, 09:13 PM
Just wait til the dub gets where the anime is right now, they'll probably start selling those fucking dog suits seen in the ending too.

el_boss
Mon, 01-09-2006, 09:16 PM
The Naruto-jacket looks pretty good to me. I like the colors. I agree that the models look totally ghey.

Terracosmo
Mon, 01-09-2006, 09:20 PM
And in all this madness I stop to think, "how come it's so blatantly obvious when a commercial is american?"

I mean seriously. "Animate your style". GOD. Who comes up with those retarded lines anyway

Necromas
Mon, 01-09-2006, 09:23 PM
its TRUE

http://www.hottopic.com/store/...ITEM=201191&RN=527 (http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?LS=0&ITEM=201191&RN=527)

Goths DO wear bright orange!

Sapphire
Mon, 01-09-2006, 10:13 PM
Oh no they didn't! I didn't think Hot Topic could violate Naruto more than yaoi...

*goes to the mall to buy something* >_>

Carnage
Mon, 01-09-2006, 10:36 PM
UUUUUUGGHHGGHGH*Creates the facial expression of stewie when hes disgusted*..................................
.................................................. ..........................Thats it, I've been scarred for life. Goddam, I knew this was going to happen when Naruto came to America, and now theyre giving Naruto a bad name.

@Assern: Lol,I think I've seen those swords. I'm suprised PPlz actually buy all this shit. Wow. The Highest my fandom would becom when I was 7 was when I bought every model of the Megazords. But this, this............

aznimperialx
Mon, 01-09-2006, 10:51 PM
the site's name is Hot Topic. Why are goths in it?

Terracosmo
Mon, 01-09-2006, 10:54 PM
Would you guys please refrain from calling those emo sons of bitchmorons "goth"? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Ero-Fan
Mon, 01-09-2006, 10:56 PM
Shall we call them "emo-wanna-be-goth-sons-of-bitches"?

aznimperialx
Mon, 01-09-2006, 11:14 PM
this shit really dumb and i just started watching naruto i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

Sapphire
Mon, 01-09-2006, 11:14 PM
Doesn't Abercrombie own Hot Topic? o_o;;

nests
Mon, 01-09-2006, 11:26 PM
This things have been on sale where I live even before the anime stared airing.

Zinobi
Mon, 01-09-2006, 11:43 PM
i might think about getting that orange coat.......yup yeah im gonna get it.
off topic: my 9 year old cousin went with my aunt to hot topic.....my aunt was scared of thhe guy at the counter i didnt really see anything wrong with him besides that his shirt was real high and a quater of his stomach was showing.

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 01-09-2006, 11:59 PM
Honestly I'm surprised that none of you knew this eariler. I've been occasionally stopping into hot topic ever since it was first announced in that they'd get naruto merchandise back in October of this year. Of course I wouldn't pay a frickin dime for it since I think that the designs are complete crap. I'm honestly quite happy with the deathgod t-shirt that my brother made for me. Now that's frickin awesome. Although my favorite piece of clothing has to be the knock off orange jumpsuit sweater. I honestly can't imagine anyone being caught dead wearing it as well as a shirt with sakura on it. If the corporate conglomorates of hottopic want to impress me then lets see some itachi t-shirts or better yet lets see some atkaski cloaks.

The illusion of hot topic is that it sells everything considered to be counter culture so it's anime section is part of the counter culture image of hot topic. Honestly though 20 bucks goes to the person who can photograph a poor smuck who gets caught wearing any of that crap in public.

nests
Tue, 01-10-2006, 12:15 AM
The item I would buy is a swetshirt with the konoha leaf in it

NM
Tue, 01-10-2006, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
If the corporate conglomorates of hottopic want to impress me then lets see some itachi t-shirts or better yet lets see some atkaski cloaks.

Me and my friends stopped by Hot Topic once as well. They had a bunch of Naruto stuff but thats not what surprised me...They had Vash's coat there! It was pretty big and it was expensive as well. One of my friends actually bought it the next day! When I get back to college, I'll ask him if I can get a picture of it to show you guys.

Basically what I'm saying is that if Vash's coat was there, then Akatsuki cloaks shouldn't be too far off. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

ES
Tue, 01-10-2006, 03:09 AM
But...why?!

At least take the damned orange jacket off...Stupid emos...

Hmm..another thing...at least they laid off the black thingies now...non-conformist my ass....

ChiaCheese
Tue, 01-10-2006, 04:27 AM
not sure why everyone is so upset. i stopped by hot topic a couple weeks ago because i heard they had Serenity shirts and I was happy to see all the Naruto stuff they were carrying. I was also delighted to see some zombie movie related shirts there as well. good stuff.

redshy
Tue, 01-10-2006, 05:06 AM
That Naruto jacket looks horrible and I dont like the writng on the front of it but whatever the ad did suprise me a bit.

Necromas
Tue, 01-10-2006, 07:26 AM
And the Sasuke boxers... kind of wierd, I wouldn't want the image on my crotch to be that bastard with his "evil eye" look.

Mixairian
Tue, 01-10-2006, 04:14 PM
Awww. This is so cute. Go comsumer-ism.

redcat
Tue, 01-10-2006, 04:56 PM
just when i think naruto cant get any lower because of the fillers... this happens..

Originally posted by: Zinobi
i might think about getting that orange coat.......yup yeah im gonna get it.
off topic: my 9 year old cousin went with my aunt to hot topic.....my aunt was scared of thhe guy at the counter i didnt really see anything wrong with him besides that his shirt was real high and a quater of his stomach was showing.
wow i cant tell if you are joking. stop scaring me.

Terracosmo
Tue, 01-10-2006, 05:09 PM
The guy at the counter probably wore Sasuke boxers too.

Zinobi
Tue, 01-10-2006, 05:56 PM
yeah hell if i know but that guy did kinda scare me, he was like 6 ft atleast. but i think im gonna get the orange coat then an akatsuki cloak if they have one. i think i could get rid of the writing that needs to be removed.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 01-10-2006, 07:43 PM
And the worst thing is they don't have any Shino gear, the only guy that dresses awsome!

Not that Hot Topic would have anything that would fit my fat ass anyway...

Zinobi
Tue, 01-10-2006, 08:24 PM
i know i want a Shino coat so BAD....

darkmetal505
Tue, 01-10-2006, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by: aznimperialx
the site's name is Hot Topic. Why are goths in it?

Hot Topic is a store for like hardcore/emo/goth/metal kids and anime now...

Knives122
Tue, 01-10-2006, 09:12 PM

I think this is finally the step I need to go on my homicidal campaign, thank you Terra

darkmetal505
Tue, 01-10-2006, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122

I think this is finally the step I need to go on my homicidal campaign, thank you Terra

http://www.hottopic.com/store/...p?LS=0&ITEM=287729 (http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?LS=0&ITEM=287729)

maybe that awesome patch will save you

Knives122
Tue, 01-10-2006, 09:17 PM

you just gave me that push to go on that homocidal campaign DM, thanks

Sapphire
Tue, 01-10-2006, 09:19 PM
I'm just waiting to see someone wearing a patch like that get back handed. <3

Carnage
Tue, 01-10-2006, 09:38 PM
The only thing I'm going to buy from this store is a kunia to kill all the staff with. I mean for the love of god! Look at these people!

Mr Squiggles
Wed, 01-11-2006, 12:11 AM
All I have to say is:
Ridiculous corporate prostitution:1, Good clothing:0

DarthEnderX
Wed, 01-11-2006, 12:29 AM
Omg, that patch is AWSOME!

David Craft
Wed, 01-11-2006, 01:58 AM
yar... Well I realy like the Naruto anime,
and I will admit I have a forehead preotector, I know most of the hand seals, and If I had the money, id buy one of those cool sharingon contacts

HOWEVER this? I mean that jacket looks HORIBLE. And even if it looked exact, I wouldnt where that around town if some one PAYED me

And liek was said, wtf is with those boxers.... kinda creeps me out man...

*pictures some emo kid whereing that jacket walking around all cool like at college thinking he knows all about Naruto* *sighs at the thought* some one would die..

masamuneehs
Thu, 01-12-2006, 02:59 AM
...hahahahaha

yes, what degrading lengths people will go to in the great quest for merchandising.

Hot Topic has always carried more anime merchandise than most clothing stores (that ive noticed) but they sure did one fucking pathetic job of picking the models .

or perhaps Terra just picked the ugliest to make the point stronger?

i, for one, wont buy the merchandise for almost any show that i really like WITH the exception of the DVDs and soundtracks. i like to think that anime creators (and all entertainers in general) should focus more on developing high quality shows, rather than focus on making shows that can sell lots and lots of merchandise.

Anyone who has watched Gundam Seed Destiny can vouch for the negative effect that marketing oriented development can have on a show. Focus on the storyline, the characters, the animation, the SFX, the music. Dont try to sell me some shit i dont need.
And thats why i dont buy merchandise for shows i really like. its like giving them a dose of much needed medicine.

Assertn
Thu, 01-12-2006, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs
And thats why i dont buy merchandise for shows i really like. its like giving them a dose of much needed medicine.

Take that, corporate america!

infamous
Thu, 01-12-2006, 10:55 PM
emo kids and naruto cloths dont mix

PSJ
Fri, 01-13-2006, 11:13 AM
This is the funniest shit in a while

Check this girl out:
http://www.hottopic.com/store/...p?LS=0&ITEM=272822 (http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?LS=0&ITEM=272822)

What the hell are people thinking?

Ero-Fan
Fri, 01-13-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by: PSJ

Check this girl out:
http://www.hottopic.com/store/...p?LS=0&ITEM=272822 (http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?LS=0&ITEM=272822)

What ever led you to believe that these people think?

aznimperialx
Fri, 01-13-2006, 03:42 PM

Check this girl out:

disgusting

Kensee
Sat, 01-14-2006, 11:02 AM
If you stand in hot topic for 10 minutes and look at the shirts, you get a headache and your iq drops by 20 points ....

BELIEVE IT!

darkmetal505
Tue, 01-17-2006, 10:43 AM

Check this girl out:

This fitted red tee has a front screen featuring Naruto holding a scroll, with "Naruto" above and cloud swirl designs below. 100% cotton. Wash cold. Dry flat. Made in the USA.

WOW OMG!... she looks like she's about to get shot

EpyonNext
Tue, 01-17-2006, 10:57 AM
I think you guys are missing the point.

The point is LAWL.

RedX1z
Tue, 01-17-2006, 11:43 AM
well, i do feel my iq dropped by 20 points, not only that, but i want a shirt! yeah, right!

ImitationSanen
Wed, 01-18-2006, 01:23 AM
Emo kids... Naruto... Processor Overload ... Processor Overload.... Reactor critical! All hands, abandon ship, this is not a drill. Insert meltdown of my head.

Not only are they degrading anime by trying to pitch stuff that im sure is cheaply made by some poor 5 year old in communist North Korea thats going to be destroyed the second time you wash it. (Made in USA my ass. Nothing ta those overpriced low quality trendy stores is ever made on this side of the world)but they pick weirdo little emo kids that are probably Unics anyway to represent it.. *sigh* little homo emo kids dont look good in orange, Hell id rather see Christopher walken in that jacket. (Thats just my opinion of the emo kid, at no point am I testifing that in fact all Emo trend followers are homosexual or lacking proper gentailia. Comments were for dramatic effect). *pant* * gasp*

They are saved for now, if they start selling Death God kiminos at hot topic and I have to hear all of the wannabe suicidal goth kids who think because they paint their nails black and dress in 200 pounds of leather with a black kimino above that (I know its not actually a kimono, but you get where im going with this right?) they are somehow enlightened sit there and defile my bleach, I will lose it right there. (heres a thought, get a job, im sick of paying taxes so you can live in your dark basement trying to come up with reasons on how the world and religion are a big conspiracy.) (I would say no offense, but I would have to mean it right?)

I .. .. okay I need to never look at that picture again or the nuclear reactor in my head is gonna melt down again.

el_boss
Wed, 01-18-2006, 07:23 AM
Seriously, what is up with you and communism? You seem to really not like it. Did communism pick on you when you were a kid or something?

The low quality should actually be proof enough that it was made in USA.i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Kraco
Wed, 01-18-2006, 07:29 AM
A shirt made in North Korea might be a real find. I don't think they export anything but ill will and an occasional missile flying towards Japan's coastal areas.

Ero-Fan
Wed, 01-18-2006, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by: el_boss
Seriously, what is up with you and communism? You seem to really not like it. Did communism pick on you when you were a kid or something?

The low quality should actually be proof enough that it was made in USA.

Clothing made in the US? What in gods name are you talking about? We get our clothes from China and India...

XanBcoo
Wed, 01-18-2006, 12:03 PM
As ridiculous as that advert looks, I would have bought a head protector from HT if I didn't already have one.

The jacket and Sasuke boxers, however...

ImitationSanen
Wed, 01-18-2006, 03:58 PM
Lol

I take it you've never been to north korea.

Kraco, you just made like half the guys at work fall out of their chairs, lol Ill will and a missle, thats great.

Yeah, I dont think anything is even made overhere anymore anyway. Its hard to find a decent car made between 1980-1997 that isnt made mostly out of foreign parts. (which I have no problem with, if Japan makes a better widget then us, lets use it)

Edit: I dug out one of the navy shirts I have, its made in the USA, if you read deeper into the tag, out of american cotton assembled in Mexico~ *sigh*

"As I read and post ld best not preach
Or they may make emo shirts for Bleach"

Death BOO Z
Sat, 01-21-2006, 04:52 PM
well, the girl in the middle is kind of hot, at least that.
also, the naruto charecter T looks decent, not something I would everyday, but as something to throw on me, it's perfectly fine.

of course, the Naruto jacket is still the most humliating peace of clothing i've ever seen, at least open it and wear something under it, preferably white,

2:25
Sat, 01-21-2006, 08:48 PM
If the Naruto t- shirt was like 5 bucks, I might have consider getting it as something to sleep in.

Honinbou
Sun, 01-22-2006, 10:08 AM
quote: "unleash you inner ninja with the naruto gear"

OMFG! this is pretty pathetic, but thats just my opinion

reesaroni
Tue, 01-24-2006, 10:07 PM
im pretty sure im going to go buy that headband right away

Lefty
Tue, 01-24-2006, 10:49 PM
If goth/emo kids already werent prolonging a long dead and over used style, they have to bring naruto down with them. Where will it end, Naruto condoms.

Jadugar
Tue, 01-24-2006, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by: Lefty
Where will it end, Naruto condoms.

I like your thinking. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Temari, Anko or Sakura fuck dolls would be a good idea.i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Terracosmo
Wed, 01-25-2006, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by: Jadugar

I like your thinking.

Temari, Anko or Sakura fuck dolls would be a good idea.

SECONDED.

I'd pre-order that shit. 2x Kurenai kthxbye

Fudgeman
Wed, 01-25-2006, 01:18 AM
God! my first post back and i throw up, thanks...

Ero-Fan
Wed, 01-25-2006, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

Originally posted by: Jadugar

I like your thinking.

Temari, Anko or Sakura fuck dolls would be a good idea.

SECONDED.

I'd pre-order that shit. 2x Kurenai kthxbye

I'd order em too, but they ought to make a Sakura punching dummy. Every time you hit it, it whines in that annoying voice of hers, so you get more angry, and hit it harder and harder....

Kraco
Wed, 01-25-2006, 08:51 AM
You have violent fantasies, Ero-Fan, if you like to punch girls in them...

Ero-Fan
Wed, 01-25-2006, 09:06 AM
Only when they deserve it like that stupid bitch. I would never hit a girl in real life, just yell at them till they hit me and hurt themselves.
Edit: Also, anyone who says they weren't annoyed at Sakura and wanted to see her dead/hurt is either a) a liar, or b) a whiny bitch themselves.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 01-25-2006, 01:29 PM
Also, anyone who says they weren't annoyed at Sakura and wanted to see her dead/hurt is either a) a liar, or b) a whiny bitch themselves.

Haha, I bet Sakura is the most popular character with the hot topic staff.

Ero-Fan
Wed, 01-25-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder

Also, anyone who says they weren't annoyed at Sakura and wanted to see her dead/hurt is either a) a liar, or b) a whiny bitch themselves.

Haha, I bet Sakura is the most popular character with the hot topic staff.

That explains alot. Too much, in fact. God, I hate them.

Lefty
Wed, 01-25-2006, 04:06 PM
Hot topic was a cool unknown store a long while ago that sold much racier things like bondage gear and sex topys along with their clothing lines and what not and then bame they go corprate then every one and their grandmother looks like a goth or a emo. Where did it go wrong, where!!!

darkmetal505
Wed, 01-25-2006, 09:08 PM
Only when they deserve it like that stupid bitch. I would never hit a girl in real life, just yell at them till they hit me and hurt themselves.
Edit: Also, anyone who says they weren't annoyed at Sakura and wanted to see her dead/hurt is either a) a liar, or b) a whiny bitch themselves.

Or they arent so obsessed with anime that they comment on beating up a fictional charcter and they have a life.

ImitationSanen
Wed, 01-25-2006, 11:08 PM

Or they arent so obsessed with anime that they comment on beating up a fictional charcter and they have a life.

Oh yeah, I love it when people who disagree with others use the "oh my god you have no life if you don't think the way I do"

Because I am sure you are a board certified physc therapist that has examined him personally and knows whether or not he has a personal life. Your flame is as gay as hot topics new naruto line! =p

Terracosmo
Wed, 01-25-2006, 11:12 PM
I think that darkmetal is on to something. I don't have a life, and I have thought about things that I want to do to Sakura that I could never post here because it would most likely scare people.

Necromas
Wed, 01-25-2006, 11:14 PM
I think that darkmetal is on to something. I don't have a life, and I have thought about things that I want to do to Sakura that I could never post here because it would most likely scare people.

I'd hate to be the psycologist that has to analyze your mind.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 01-26-2006, 01:29 AM
Court appointed no doubt.

Lefty
Thu, 01-26-2006, 04:12 AM

Most of what you post scares people.

Ero-Fan
Thu, 01-26-2006, 08:18 AM

Ahh, I love having point B proven for me without any effort.
Nothing Terra posts scares me, unless I actually read all of it. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif