PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam

flixdragon
Thu, 01-05-2006, 10:20 PM
I'm an anime fan and i love Gundam, but i'm not a big fan of those old gundam series like the very first gundam series. What i'm hearing alot is that Gundam Zeta is really good and i'm interseted but it's old, so i'm wondering is it worth to download and watch?

please reply back

Meehlimo
Sun, 01-08-2006, 02:20 PM
Yea its one of the best gundam shows out there.

flixdragon
Sun, 01-08-2006, 04:10 PM
awesome then, i'll start downloding

NomoZ
Mon, 01-09-2006, 12:43 AM
It's a great series, but you need an attention span longer than 5 seconds.

Psyke
Mon, 01-09-2006, 07:40 AM
If you loved G Gundam, Gundam Wing, Seed & Destiny, you might find Zeta a little......... different. Yes it is good I agree, but not everybody will be able to enjoy it.

Marcis
Tue, 01-10-2006, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by: Psyke
If you loved G Gundam, Gundam Wing, Seed & Destiny, you might find Zeta a little......... different. Yes it is good I agree, but not everybody will be able to enjoy it.
Oh yes, it does not feature everyone from main cast having a Gundam and there are some ugly people here and there and uhmm... it has a story!!! OMG!!! They ripped Akatsuki and gave it to some guy called Char!!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif <--- here spoiler!
It definitely sucks i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Astronopolis
Fri, 01-20-2006, 10:42 AM
this is pretty sad that only 3 people here give a damn about Z Gundam, quite possibly the best thing to ever happen to the Gundam franchise. I was hoping for streamers and a ticker-tape parade when the sub came out, all we get is a 5 post thread i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Aeon
Tue, 03-14-2006, 11:55 PM
I just reached ep 20 of Zeta Gundam and have to say that its a pretty cool show. I'm liking the fact that the fights aren't extremely one sided and that Quatro and Camille are actually missing shots on the enemy. Only reason I started watching is cause the majority of the suits in MS Saga seem to be from Z Gundam and plus I just got the Zeta Gundam in the game :D.

Gunslinger_BlaQ
Wed, 03-15-2006, 01:19 AM
i recently finished buying the new double-disc sets of Zeta Gundam and finished watching the series for the first time through. i was, overall, fairly impressed. there was a lot more of a mortality rate than in most other Gundam series.

the characters are dynamic (though i find myself liking Char/Quattro far less in this series than i did in original Gundam or especially Char's Counterattack), and the plots is layered very well. it's got a very diverse cast and some excellent mobile suit designs. Scirocco is a great villain, more of a psychological player than a straight-forward fighter (though he's no slouch in a mobile suit).

also, i think it's great to see the growth of government throughout the UC Gundam cannon... watching Zeta made me appreciate the end of Stardust Memory far more than i did when i first watched through it. and the ending of Zeta, well... not going to spoil it. it was nothing like i expected.

and, of course, i can't forget: four murasame is awesome.

NomoZ
Wed, 03-15-2006, 02:57 PM
there was a lot more of a mortality rate than in most other Gundam series.

You obviously haven't seen V Gundam.

Phoenix20578
Wed, 03-15-2006, 03:36 PM
You obviously haven't seen V Gundam.

Who didnt die in that series? I think only about 10 people out of the 500000000000000000000000 that were introduced :p

Gunslinger_BlaQ
Wed, 03-15-2006, 07:20 PM
nope, haven't seen V Gundam, though i have had it downloading (the entire series) for about two days now... should be done sometime tomorrow. not easy downloading an entire 51 episode series in one lump download...

is it worth the wait? really?

i'm also wondering about ZZ Gundam... before i try to track it down and download it, is it worth the wait? i don't want to invest the time and hard drive space into a series that's just going to be a let-down...

NomoZ
Thu, 03-16-2006, 03:29 AM
V Gundam is IMO the best UC series next to Zeta. It takes place 30 years after Char's Counter-Attack, and it features 2 new groups at war with each other, Feddies are still there to some extent, but no-more Zeeks(if you get this reference you get a gold star)

ZZ is another story. It starts only hours after the last battle in Zeta, which was pretty neat idea. The first 25+/- episodes aren't directed by Tomino, and they are comedic and kinda iffy. However once Tomino takes over the series becomes pretty good. You also get to find out what happens to Camille after Zeta. Overall it's a decent series(better than destiny). If you want you can skip this and just watch Char's CA, you won't miss out on anything.

Gunslinger_BlaQ
Thu, 03-16-2006, 11:23 AM
so wait... what does happen to Kamille? is it all that interesting or shocking? does it make the series worth watching through? hrmm... that's a tough call... if i can find a torrent for it that's being seeded, i'll start it after getting these episodes of V Gundam onto data cds and off of my overflowing hard drive...

anyone got a link for a good ZZ Gundam torrent?

Phoenix20578
Thu, 03-16-2006, 05:20 PM
The only group I know of that did ZZ Gundam was AnimeSkyScraper. But, idk if their site or torrents are up anymore. Check www.torrentspy.com

EDIT: ok, it looks like this is the only torrent up for ZZ:

http://ts.searching.com/torrent/519134/gundam_ZZ_complete_Collection

Its a 10.5 GB torrent, so make sure you got space first.

Gunslinger_BlaQ
Thu, 03-16-2006, 06:31 PM
hrm... guess i better get that V Gundam stuff all dumped onto data dvds and get to work...

thanks much

NomoZ
Thu, 03-16-2006, 07:11 PM
there should be a torrent on boxtorrents(that's where i got it from).

As for Kamille, it isn't anything big, it was just nice to see it resolved. If you want I can pm you the details.

Gunslinger_BlaQ
Thu, 03-16-2006, 10:09 PM
that'd be awesome NomoZ. better than me sitting here thinking he ends up in an assylum with how cracked he was after all of those souls in the final battle...

JD2825
Thu, 03-16-2006, 11:42 PM
Actually I would also like to know what happens to Kamille

I tried watching ZZ but it just didn't seem that appealing to me
I might dl it again and try to watch it

NomoZ
Fri, 03-17-2006, 07:28 PM
PMed

if you want to get through the bad parts just read the episode summaries of the first 18-19 episodes on MAHQ (http://www.mahq.net/animation/gundam/gundam.htm), after that Tomino takes over.

Aeon
Fri, 03-17-2006, 11:26 PM
Am I missing something or is Zeta not the depressing show that it's made out to be? I'm up to 33 and it's been great. Only thing I don't understand is why was the Methuss given to Fa to co pilot? Everytime she goes to battle she seems overwhelmed and in need of saving yet she always wants to go out.

Meehlimo
Sat, 03-18-2006, 07:45 PM
basicly cuz they were training her to be a newtype and yea its not realy that depressing yet wait till u see the full series b4 u decide that tho.

JD2825
Sun, 03-19-2006, 01:06 AM
I agree with Meehlimo the end of Zeta is one of the manythign that makes Zeta so great

rockmanj
Sun, 04-16-2006, 12:16 PM
I watched the first 2 movies recently, and i have to say that camille is a badass. He even hits women!!! Otherwise, its a pretty good gundam series. Cant wait til the third movie is available.

Marcis
Thu, 04-20-2006, 06:34 AM
I watched the first 2 movies recently, and i have to say that camille is a badass. He even hits women!!! Otherwise, its a pretty good gundam series. Cant wait til the third movie is available.
It will be released on DVD Aug 25

NomoZ
Fri, 04-21-2006, 12:09 AM

You should watch the series sometime, has alot more depth and is easier to follow.

rockmanj
Wed, 04-26-2006, 11:01 AM
when i get enough space on my HD, i will.

Gunslinger_BlaQ
Tue, 06-27-2006, 01:29 AM
so really, seriously... i've watched the trailer for the third Zeta movie about fifteen times, i had the promo poster as my desktop wallpaper for a few weeks, i've watched the first two movies repeatedly. a friend of mine who was in japan in january said it was in theaters there then...

does anyone know when the third movie is supposed to be available online to download?

Terracosmo
Mon, 07-03-2006, 07:08 PM
As already written, the DVD will be out august 25.

So expect it to be available for download in early to mid september.

Vegechan
Fri, 09-15-2006, 06:12 PM
It's currently Mid-September. I haven't been able to find them. Anyone else have better luck?

Guardian_2000
Tue, 09-26-2006, 12:54 PM
Wow surprised my account passed over in the forum transition. Definately cool seeing alot more widespread gundam fans joining this crowd. For those in the Chicago area of the states and with some extra cash. You may want to check this out if you are liking Zeta.

Taken from ANN - www.animenewsnetwork.com:

Anime a Focus of Chicago Festival, North American Premiere of Zeta Gundam Movies The Chicago International Film Festival has announced that Yoshiyuki Tomino will be present at the festival for the North American premiere of the Mobile Suit Z Gundam theatrical trilogy.

All three movies will premiere on October 7, 2006, starting with Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: A New Translation at noon. The movies will cost $8 each for JASC members and $11 for non members.

The day prior to the screenings, Tomino will be signing copies of the Gundam novels and the DVD release of Char's Counterattack at the Borders Books store at 150 North State Street.

Also on October 6, there will also be a panel entitled "Giant Robots and Salarimen: Anime's Social and Economic Impact" featuring Tomino, Hiroaki Inoue and Masaki Kaifu, among other panelists.

Finally, a $150 ($125 for JASC members), fans will have the opportunity to dine with Tomino for a prime-rib dinner at Lawry's The Prime Rib Restaurant.

I'm wish I lived the area the dinner sounds really cool although I would be hard pressed to understand much of anything as I know only a very little japanese. But after hearing this awhile ago and seeing Zeta fans here I figured I'd pass it along...

Illrenmazou
Sat, 12-30-2006, 01:42 PM
Finally!
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam - III - Love is a Pulse Star (http://tvnihon.dragoneye.ca/torrents/%5BT-N%5DMobile_Suit_Z_Gundam_III_-_Love_is_the_Pulse_of_the_Stars_%5BD906DC63%5D.avi .torrent)

masamuneehs
Sat, 12-30-2006, 01:55 PM
Finally!
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam - III - Love is a Pulse Star (http://tvnihon.dragoneye.ca/torrents/%5BT-N%5DMobile_Suit_Z_Gundam_III_-_Love_is_the_Pulse_of_the_Stars_%5BD906DC63%5D.avi .torrent)
i keep getting an error when trying the link... seems that tvnihon's tracker is having some problems... the wait continues...

i'm psyched though. actually rewatched parts of Zeta over the last couple months, and it'll be wicked to see how they do the 3rd movie.

Yazan = best Oldtype pilot ever.

edit- and two seconds after i post... it works! And I stick by my Yazan loving. That guy's fucking badass. Not a pimp the way Scirocco is, but badass nonetheless.

edit2- but of course the torrent is slow as molasses... come on folks! oh, and happy birthday to Meehlimo too

February
Fri, 07-13-2007, 09:50 AM
where can i download the zeta series? i cant find any on veoh or youtube

masamuneehs
Fri, 07-13-2007, 11:00 AM
The DVD movies (better quality, not all of the content) were released by TV-Nihon
List of TV-Nihon releases (http://baka-updates.com/groups.php?title=TV-Nihon)

As for the actual series, I downloaded it from White_Base's IRC channel (as I couldn't find a torrent with enough seeders to make it tolerable...)
#White_Base @ irc.rizon.net (irc://irc.rizon.net/white_base)
White_Base Fansubs' Site (http://www.white-base.asd-fansubs.com/)

Harima Kenji
Wed, 11-07-2007, 11:19 AM
I have a q about the Hyper Mega Launcher:
Is it used in the anime? I recall something about it, but I'm not sure.
The model kit I have (MG Zeta 2.0) has it, but I doubt the color is correct. (blue)
I want to paint my kits, so I'd like to see the HML in action, to see the color for myself and maybe some details.
Does anyone know in what episode it is used?

masamuneehs
Wed, 11-07-2007, 02:34 PM
it's been awhile, but i'm almost positive that it is used in the Zeta series. in fact, i am sure of it, but I don't recall what episode it's in... And I do seem to remember it being blue... your best bet is to try the third Zeta Gundam compilation movie. They have changed things from the original, but it's sure to be in there, and it's alot better than going and trying random episodes of the original series to find it.

Harima Kenji
Wed, 11-07-2007, 03:31 PM
I'll do that, tnx :)
I gave up the search after about 4 episodes.

How about the Grenade packs.. I don't remember them being in the series.

SB0083
Tue, 12-02-2008, 03:34 PM
I remember all the weapons were used, just not at which point. I am sure that the HML was used, if only because I remember Camille using it as a spear, which is one move present in Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs Zeta Gundam.

Of course, all I care about are the moves he uses when the Zeta Gundam activates its Biosensor, like Sword of Rage and Waverider Crash.

On a random note, I've seen all of Victory Gundam and yes, it has a much higher mortality rate. The basic rule is that if there's a character that's a woman, she's most likely gonna die. There are about three exceptions to this rule, though one of them didn't come out completely unscathed.

Illrenmazou
Thu, 06-30-2011, 09:37 AM
Zeta Gundam now gets a re-imaging manga:
Mobile Suit Z Gundam Define [Struct 01] (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=224564)
There's quite a few changes here and there, like
(spoiler start) Kamille not getting pissed-off and assaulting Jerrid for mocking his name. (spoiler end)

Harima Kenji
Sat, 07-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Sounds like the continuation of Gundam Origin. Guess we can expect an anime of this in like 10 years :D