PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 166-167 Discussion

poopdeville
Thu, 01-05-2006, 04:43 AM
It looked like it was going to be kind of interesting at first, but then I got bored watching it. I noticed a huge flaw though. Kakashi uses the Chidori to kill a fool, but there wasn't any blood or a gaping hole in the guy's chest. poopie.

Is Naruto ever going to kill anyone?

BioAlien
Thu, 01-05-2006, 07:12 AM
uhhh, lol they made the topic at the same time ^.^

not thats bad, at least naruto didn't use his rasengan, or used the Nine tailed fox power to beat that idiot..
the best part is between 42:39 and 44:09 ^.^

but also, all they trick is just genjutsu.. that sucked.. but kinda funny...

and naruto already killed someone... no?

ES
Thu, 01-05-2006, 08:17 AM
IMO 43:56 was the scene...Seeing Kurenai in those hot dalmatian costume as well as Shino...with a pink hair?

Neko tenten ^_^

p.s. At least they could have killed that other guy...

Kraco
Thu, 01-05-2006, 08:27 AM
Well, there was at least one redeeming factor in this episode:

http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/6420/sakuraethinata7we.jpg

Otherwise it was more or less what was to be expected. I have to confess I didn't really want to believe it would be the sister; I didn't like the voice changes at all. The action was really bad all the way through, even worse than in the previous episodes, which is kind of pity, because in the end this arc wasn't bad, as far as fillers go. It's just that the action pacing was totally screwed: How the old geezer kidnapped the hime-sama, and the brave Konoha ninjas were just standing there doing nothing (the other enemy ninjas weren't there yet). And how it took ages for Neji, Tenten and Kakashi to beat those loser fools.

But at least it looks like they want to avoid overusing Rasengan. That's good.

nests
Thu, 01-05-2006, 11:23 AM
Yeah the best part was defently the new ending.
The best part in the episode was when Itachi appeaed in the flashback.

Kensee
Thu, 01-05-2006, 12:22 PM
I swear when I saw the old dude do Sasuke's and Shikamaru's moves i was like .....

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c14/Kensee/1135396910464.jpg

Then we found out they were fake and ... still ... >< wtf? Those two things should of NEVER been placed in this or any filler. Man he even did he water dragon thing, Zazuba must be rolling aorund in his grave. Bahhh.

I did think initially that the ghost was actually the sister who never really died, threw me off that the dude was acutally the sister the whole time -_- ... man whats up with all the cross dressers in this anime =P.

They also jacked up the animation during Kakashi's fight with the rock guy ... loooked like he was dancing instead of attacking.

I like the new ending kinda ... .>_> provacative poses.

All in all this filler is done ... now to the real action! CHOOOOJI!

Edit: Please pardon the language in the picture ^^

Divinity
Thu, 01-05-2006, 01:16 PM
OMFG KURENAI IS SO HOT!!!

What a nice pose.

Board of Command
Thu, 01-05-2006, 01:41 PM
The funniest scene in the entire series:

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/5729/wtf6zw.jpg

Vokalyzd Harmony
Thu, 01-05-2006, 01:42 PM
wtf..that was sucha shitty ep..first episode of naruto i fast forward to the action..knew from the get go that it was teh sister..knew from the get go to the old guy was evil...expected some quality fights since kakashi was there..but his badass level went down 20% from the filler..Stupid Bleach..watching that made me expect quality anime..I might have to join the bandwagon adn stop with this Naruto nonsense

DarthEnderX
Thu, 01-05-2006, 09:07 PM
Man, that new ending is fucking crazy.

I agree with Kraco that this arc, at least the plot of it, was descent, and the arc COULD have been good if it wasn't all rushed and crappy animated.

I swear to god their ninja running is getting stupider and stupider looking. Before at least they just let their arms hang at their sides, now they are actively sticking them backwards up in the air, it's really retarded looking.

Aeon
Thu, 01-05-2006, 10:08 PM
Awwww next ep Chouji again, when will Ino get to be in the lime light?

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 01-05-2006, 10:52 PM
I loved the way music was utilized in this episode, it enhanced the scenes greatly. The furry inside me loves the ending, but Shima living after all that worry was fucking ridiculous. Why does he have to live? It's not like he'll be used again

David Craft
Fri, 01-06-2006, 12:55 AM
hmm in the end dog thing it shows all the gennins and their instructors. (its kinda funny and a few of the girls look hot lol)

The only one I didnt see was Neji. The only one it could be is the one on teh second shot to the lower left.. realy small.

what was neji like "Look FINE.. but get that fucking camera out of my face or some ones gonna die!" Looks liek hes sulking or something lol

Kensee
Fri, 01-06-2006, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
Man, that new ending is fucking crazy.

I agree with Kraco that this arc, at least the plot of it, was descent, and the arc COULD have been good if it wasn't all rushed and crappy animated.

I swear to god their ninja running is getting stupider and stupider looking. Before at least they just let their arms hang at their sides, now they are actively sticking them backwards up in the air, it's really retarded looking.

Ah yes I noticed that too hahaha the hands are like above their heads!

kenren
Fri, 01-06-2006, 01:57 AM
all this jutsu stealing thingy is really damn stupid...

oh well...

Yukimura
Fri, 01-06-2006, 04:16 AM
I've finally had it, I don't even care anymore...this was just useless tv from start to Hinata, and from Kurenai to the end. Nothing in the plot made any real sense, the sister, like all people in Naruto, just randomly changes her mind about life because Naruto told her too. Kakashi got hit by fucking shuriken! No one ever gets hit by shuriken w/o being a clone or replacement...except useless filler civillians. Naruto took out this 'badass' ninja by kicking him...albeit really high. I would wish shame on the creators, but I know my opinion means nothing so it's moot. All I can say is this, watch Bleach, or anything else instead.

Terracosmo
Sun, 01-08-2006, 01:45 PM
Yay finally the forums are back. Those were some tough 2 days!

Anyway... LOL @ the animation in this episode. And what was with the badguy, looked like a fucking clown.
And how the hell did the girl manage to get such a masculine voice? Was that miracle medicine she drank?

Bullshit. 13 weeks to go...

FelixZeroAlastor
Sun, 01-08-2006, 02:05 PM
Wow. I thought these fillers would be interesting for some reason so I tried them out. What is this BS! Who the hell is writing these storylines? They are among the stupidest I have seen to date. The battle scences have hit an all time low. Voices are annoying. Some of the characters are drawn like crap. what is this junk!!?

Assertn
Sun, 01-08-2006, 02:11 PM
That ending was degrading.....
degrading to the characters
degrading to the animation staff
degrading to kishimoto
degrading to us viewers i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

FelixZeroAlastor
Sun, 01-08-2006, 02:20 PM
Seriously...who thought up that ending? That is degrading to even us Nekos. We have enough problems as it is. We don't need that kind of bad publicity.

Edort4
Sun, 01-08-2006, 03:24 PM
This special was just too bad. If this goes on I can see an end to animated naruto very soon. If I would try to make an anime crappy to lose all my audience on purpose it would still be better than this. No comments.

Kraco
Sun, 01-08-2006, 03:32 PM
Come on. When I was watching this ep (from the stupid dog / pig play in the very beginning to the awful fights), my only thought was WTF (deeply negative). Then the credits came and my first thought was: WTF (totally surprised). And my second thought was to take a bunch of screenshots and edit that image I posted earlier. If that ending had been used in a normal manga based episode, I might have thought it's out of place... But seriously, it was the only good part of this episode (aside from Kakashi's reaction, when he saw the hime-sama in her formal clothes).

Terracosmo
Sun, 01-08-2006, 03:40 PM
They really are going for that "year of the dog" thing it seems i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Sapphire
Sun, 01-08-2006, 04:12 PM
Erm... what exactly happened during the alternate ending?

Knives122
Sun, 01-08-2006, 04:48 PM
I'm really glad now that I stopped watching this show from 142 and onward(Im going to watch it again in 13 weeks when the real stuff happens), This episode makes me want to kill someone.

darkmetal505
Sun, 01-08-2006, 06:01 PM
And I thought naruto could stoop no lower...

btw it seems to be just episode 166, not 167. Sorry for putting that on the raw. You'll probably need to change it here also.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 01-08-2006, 06:35 PM
The stealing ninjitsus thing doesn't bother me at all. I mean, if the early episodes are to be believed, Ninjitsu's are mostly just knowing the correct hand seals and knowing what the end effect should be. Even without the Sharinga it wouldn't be too hard to steal such techniques if that was something you specialized in. Especially Sasuke's move. It's just breathing fire. That seems pretty damn basic. Especially for ninjas, it's, like, a stereotypical ninja power. Gaara's is less believable because I'm not sure you could even do that without the Shikaku. But then according to Kakashi, it wasn't really Gaara's technique anyway(didn't follow his explanation though).

In fact, this group of badguys should have been the badguys for the entire filler season, just different squads of them, because it means less stupid shit the animators have to make up.

The furry inside me loves the endingHaha, I knew there was a reason I hated Azazel.

poopdeville
Sun, 01-08-2006, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by: BioAlien
and naruto already killed someone... no?

When are you thinking of? As far as I remember, he hasn't killed anyone. Did he kill that jounin in the Race filler arc?

Edit: Nope, it was Sasuke.

Board of Command
Sun, 01-08-2006, 08:06 PM
Didn't Naruto kill the fake Kabuto during the "Find Sound Village" filler arc?

Kraco
Sun, 01-08-2006, 08:28 PM
Didn't that guy pretty much kill himself (while trying to kill Naruto in the process)?

I don't remember Naruto killing anybody so that it would have been clear the person died for sure (and Naruto caused it with a clear intention of killing). I wouldn't mind at all if such things began to happen after the time jump, though...

Kensee
Sun, 01-08-2006, 10:21 PM
Even if Naruto Kills someone, they really dont portray it too much as him acutally KILLING someone.

I mean I always thought there should of been a part in the manga/anime whre naruto acutally kills someone, then regrets it and starts having doubts about being a ninja .. yenno interneral struggling or something ... but eh I don;t know.

aznroyale
Sun, 01-08-2006, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command
Didn't Naruto kill the fake Kabuto during the "Find Sound Village" filler arc?

that guy was gonna die anyways since he transform

nests
Mon, 01-09-2006, 01:09 AM
http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/6836/fillers3ep.gif

Kraco
Mon, 01-09-2006, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by: Kensee
I mean I always thought there should of been a part in the manga/anime whre naruto acutally kills someone, then regrets it and starts having doubts about being a ninja .. yenno interneral struggling or something ... but eh I don;t know.

That would probably work only if the killing (and moreover if there was an order to kill a target) was a bit controversial. But still, I can't see Naruto having doubts about being a ninja. Perhaps only about what it really is to be a ninja.

ImitationSanen
Mon, 01-09-2006, 05:10 AM
The only time I ever remember our Ninetailed Hero ever having the intention of killing anyone was in the storyline when Mizuki had him steal the scroll. He made a comment along the lines he was going to kill Mizuki if he touched Iruka sensei.

.. On a side thought, if he HAD killed him, we wouldnt have had to endure the tony the tige... I mean Mizuki returns filler arc. Its like they are trying to write worse and worse story lines just to see if were dumb enough to watch.

KoKo37
Mon, 01-09-2006, 05:16 AM
I think Naruto also was going to kill Haku but s/he teleported away.

Anyways I downloaded the espisode, though never watched it cause people said was bad. ( Except for the ending, o.O )

Kraco
Mon, 01-09-2006, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by: ImitationSanen
The only time I ever remember our Ninetailed Hero ever having the intention of killing anyone was in the storyline when Mizuki had him steal the scroll. He made a comment along the lines he was going to kill Mizuki if he touched Iruka sensei.

Nah. That baka is just full of talk. I wouldn't believe in his intentions before he actually finished somebody for good, and looked down upon the corpse.

Ero-Fan
Mon, 01-09-2006, 07:37 AM
Well, if you count filler arc shit, he technically killed Raiga by rasenganing him off a cliff. Hell, even Neji thought he was dead. That stupid little red eyed boy/girl ranmarru brought him back to life. Bad arc. Fucking kill stealer!

ImitationSanen
Mon, 01-09-2006, 07:55 AM
rofl kill stealer

Kraco
Mon, 01-09-2006, 11:04 AM
I'm not quite thinking about situations like that when I say he should learn to kill. I mean, why didn't Naruto use his last strenght to go and strategically place a kunai between Kabuto's ribs, when he had rasengated the dude. What use is it to fight your enemies, risking your life, unless you at least try to make sure they don't just recuperate and attack you later, again?

I think Kohona ninjas should take some lessons from Sand ninjas...

Ero-Fan
Mon, 01-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by: Kraco
I'm not quite thinking about situations like that when I say he should learn to kill. I mean, why didn't Naruto use his last strenght to go and strategically place a kunai between Kabuto's ribs, when he had rasengated the dude. What use is it to fight your enemies, risking your life, unless you at least try to make sure they don't just recuperate and attack you later, again?

I think Kohona ninjas should take some lessons from Sand ninjas...

Which Kabuto? If you're talking about the real one, Naruto collapsed after that from some justsu that Kabuto used as he was getting rasenganed. If you're talking about the fake one, well, that guy had his funny little strings pretty much screwing Naruto over. But yeah, sand ninja know how to deal with enemies the right way.

UberSuperHACKER
Tue, 01-10-2006, 01:04 AM
I jsut wanted to post........ I TOLD YOU ALL SO! If you look back in the First discussion thread about this arc I POSTED THE PREDICTION about who the Ghost Retard was and I was totally correct. I RULE ! I AM THE PROGNOSTIGATOR OF ALL CRAPPY FILLERS!

heero
Tue, 01-10-2006, 03:01 AM
I think the producers lost their will to make good episodes.

Kraco
Tue, 01-10-2006, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by: UberSuperHACKER
I jsut wanted to post........ I TOLD YOU ALL SO! If you look back in the First discussion thread about this arc I POSTED THE PREDICTION about who the Ghost Retard was and I was totally correct. I RULE ! I AM THE PROGNOSTIGATOR OF ALL CRAPPY FILLERS!

Well, at least somebody is happy the arc ended up being worse than it could have been. Too bad for the rest of us, though.

redshy
Tue, 01-10-2006, 05:00 AM
Simply put, skip the fillers read the manga.

Splash!
Tue, 01-10-2006, 12:38 PM
what the hell was this episode. i Though maybe the fact that it was a new years special meant that the would at least try. boy, was i wrong!

Knives122
Tue, 01-10-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by: redshy
Simply put, skip the fillers read the manga.

what do you think I've been doing for the past 24 weeks i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Terracosmo
Tue, 01-10-2006, 01:09 PM
It's been 24 weeks?

That's so tragic!

*Thinks*

Wow, it's already been half a year since the Resident Evil rip-off arc. Time sure flies.

That arc, however, had the only good filler scene in all of Naruto:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/joshuajerand/bscap039.jpg

Kabuto with his hair down and no glasses i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Knives122
Tue, 01-10-2006, 05:42 PM
yeah that was pretty much when I stopped watching(that whole not really Kabuto fairy person arc)

infamous
Thu, 01-12-2006, 10:02 PM
It seemed like they just dragged out he hole last fighting scene just to fill up some time.

LobsterMagnet
Sat, 01-14-2006, 01:40 AM
Yesh I havne't even watched the last three episodes. Watching naruto filler has become a test of endurance for me. I just can't take it anymore, were surrounded by crap from all sides. Now that the soul society arc is done in bleach dammit there's nothing left shit. Somone recommend a new anime quickly I need new series to get into to last for the next 4 months GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

We should get the email address and send some kind of complaint to studio pierrot, err then again maybe no since we would be admiting to downloading it illegally but still. This shit can't be doing the series any favors in Japan. I though that the japanese were smarter then the rest of us. Do stupid little japanese children gather around their televisions and eagerly await the new naruto filler, to see the increadible end of ninja ghost busters or the stupid raiga storyline or the bug one. Do they lean close to their television sets and wonder if somehow they'll see sasuke lead into the story from one of the fillers! DAMMIT BELIEVE IT BELIEVE IT BELIEVE IT! GRRRR Kishi better deliver a kick ass chapter next week I'm suffering from withdrawawl. I need quality naruto to stick in my veins dammit.

el_boss
Sat, 01-14-2006, 07:00 AM
I don't think kids have very high demands of what they watch. Just think what you used to watch yourself when you were younger. I mean if shows like pokemon, digimon and beyblade get viewers why not crappy naruto fillers.

If you were going to send an e-mail to pierrot, just say that you watch the show with a satellite-dish or something.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 01-14-2006, 07:27 AM
Well, it should be mentioned that Naruto doesn't air before 9pm, so its not gonna have the same audience as a pokemon or digimon.

el_boss
Sat, 01-14-2006, 11:53 AM
I don't really get what you're saying Darth. Do you mean that the pokemon crowd has gone to bed? Or that people that watch naruto don't watch pokemon? Either way isn't naruto aired around 7pm?