PDA

View Full Version : New bleach watcher with a question

Vokalyzd Harmony
Wed, 01-04-2006, 12:23 AM
Question about Soul society..if people don't age..why is Renji a young boy when he reminisces about Rukia? and does that mean Rukia died already? I'm confused..o.O..are all Death Gods dead before they beomce Death Gods? or are they born?

DarthEnderX
Wed, 01-04-2006, 12:50 AM
Apparently, people age, but real slowly.

miaka
Wed, 01-04-2006, 01:01 AM
this has been discussed in bleach episode discussions.. but since you are new.. i guess that's why..

pretty much what they say in the anime is that if you die in human world, you go to soul society, and if you die in soul society(apparently they can be killed or get sick and die) then you get recarcinated in earth..

and and it does seem like they age.. and can live for long long time..

SamuraiX-
Wed, 01-04-2006, 01:09 AM
Refer to this topic (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=51&threadid=17076&STARTPAGE= 5&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear), discussing Bleach, episode 62. Scroll down until you see one of my posts in the middle asking something like, "So does that mean Rukia is 40 to 50 years old?"

Assassin
Wed, 01-04-2006, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by: miaka
and if you die in soul society(apparently they can be killed or get sick and die) then you get recarcinated in earth..

That hasn't been stated anywhere in the anime or manga. It is only a theory some plp have cuz ichigo looks like kaien. No one knows that happens when someone dies in SS

Zhan
Wed, 01-04-2006, 01:49 AM
I thought Rukia or someone said that the souls on Earth and SS are constantly exchanging, and to destroy that balance means the end of both worlds. Therefore the Quincys were destroyed =D or it could be Hueco Mondo and SS.....I don't remember.

Vokalyzd Harmony
Wed, 01-04-2006, 02:44 PM
yah but doesn't hibata..the little bird boy..say that people don't age in SS..and are Death Gods born into SS or are they people who have died? that does not make sense to me o.O. Why even bother saving rukia if she's gonna be reincarnated

Ero-Fan
Wed, 01-04-2006, 02:57 PM
Maybe normal people don't age in ss but those who can use spirit powers do? I mean, they are the only ones who have to eat as well. Everyone else just eats for the hell of it i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Kraco
Wed, 01-04-2006, 03:57 PM
There is something strange about the SS. The last episode and Byakuya's confession taught us that it was unheard of that a noble family adopted a person like that, like they did with Rukia. So obviously the noble families get new blood some other way, and not by scouting for new souls that come to the SS the normal way (when people die in the real world). Perhaps the souls in SS can reproduce the "normal" (enjoyable) way, and that causes abortions in the real world...

miaka
Wed, 01-04-2006, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by: Assassin

Originally posted by: miaka
and if you die in soul society(apparently they can be killed or get sick and die) then you get recarcinated in earth..

That hasn't been stated anywhere in the anime or manga. It is only a theory some plp have cuz ichigo looks like kaien. No one knows that happens when someone dies in SS

i thought it has been stated... when rukai or someone talks about quincy. they talk about how quincy destroys the balance between the world.. can't remember how much of it was explained..

if anybody knows what episode it was explained.. maybe can check to see if they did mention about the recarcination

Vokalyzd Harmony
Wed, 01-04-2006, 08:05 PM
no reincarnation of any kind..I'm only on ep 50 so I don't know the information in about 12 eps but there are a lot of confusing things about SS...maybe the author didn't think this one through...

SamuraiX-
Wed, 01-04-2006, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by: Vokalyzd Harmonymaybe the author didn't think this one through...

Wrong. Once you're caught up to episode 62, click that link I gave you in my first post, and read through the posts in that topic. Everything should make sense after that.

KoKo37
Wed, 01-04-2006, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by: Vokalyzd Harmony
yah but doesn't hibata..the little bird boy..say that people don't age in SS..and are Death Gods born into SS or are they people who have died? that does not make sense to me o.O. Why even bother saving rukia if she's gonna be reincarnated

well I think when you get reincarnated you lose all your memories, so its basicly like dying although your strength will move on to a different person.

also its already been said, but i think they explained about reincarnation when someone talked about the Quincys.

Kovash
Wed, 01-04-2006, 11:05 PM
Two things, first is to transfer what was said in that other thread someone linked to;

Basically, a person dies in the mortal world and their spirit crosses over when Shinigami do the Soul Burial thing or when they turn to Hollows and are subsequently destroyed by a Zanpaktou.

When they cross, they appear in Roukongai as they appeared in the mortal world and live off water since they dont' get hungry since they have no energy to sustain. Some sho so have spiritual power usually become Shinigami and so on and so forth.

When someone dies in Soul Society, either form sickness or being killed, their spirit crosses back over to the Mortal world and begins a new life with presumeably no memory of their previous two (or more) incarnations.

People age normally in Soul Society except at apparently a much slower rate. Though I'd like to bring up the Dimentional Time difference Yourichi blabbers on about between the Mortal world and Soul Society. I'm looking for the episode again so I'll elaborate more when I do.

miaka
Thu, 01-05-2006, 12:39 AM
^^ i guess i was right then.. ^_^ kewl..

question asked in this thread answered!!!!!!!

Assassin
Thu, 01-05-2006, 01:40 AM
i must have a horrible memory, cuz i dont remember ANYONE mentioning anyhitng about dying in SS. Plz post the screen caps/manga pages where this is explained.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 01-05-2006, 12:16 PM
If people can't die in Soul Society then why did Ichigo bust ass to save Rukia from her EXECUTION?

Ero-Fan
Thu, 01-05-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel
If people can't die in Soul Society then why did Ichigo bust ass to save Rukia from her EXECUTION?

I don't think anyone here was saying people can't die in ss, just that what happens to them when they die seems to be the question. I coulda sworn that in the anime they showed that hourglass describing how shinigami keep the souls balanced between the real world and ss when they were explaining how Quincy's fuck that system up by killing hollows and the souls they kill just vanish. I would go with the reincarnation theories mentioned above, since if souls didn't die in ss and come back to the real world, what balance would the quincy's upset by destroying souls?

Vokalyzd Harmony
Thu, 01-05-2006, 07:53 PM
makes sense but Hibata said " WE don't change in SS" or soemthing to that nature..so it's really confusing..and Death Gods, when excuted, they have their soul defense broken..or destroyed..so their souls are destroyed..and they aren't reincarnated..stop making up theories and pretending it's the real thing..a simple "the anime hasn't gotten to the explanation" would suffice

Ero-Fan
Thu, 01-05-2006, 08:47 PM
So, you ask the question, then get annoyed that we are trying to answer it for you? How ungrateful..

Vokalyzd Harmony
Fri, 01-06-2006, 01:56 AM
well I'm asking from the actual storyline what teh deal was but I have some people just saying "This is what I think. finish the series and read it because it's the explanation"

Assassin
Fri, 01-06-2006, 02:44 AM
perhaps you didn't realize this was a forum. when you make a topic, ppl give thier opinions and discuss.

If there was an answer you would've gotten it already. quit whinning.

KoKo37
Sun, 01-08-2006, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by: Assassin
i must have a horrible memory, cuz i dont remember ANYONE mentioning anyhitng about dying in SS. Plz post the screen caps/manga pages where this is explained.
Well I was catching up to the manga and noticed he when that guy was fighting Gangyu he said this

http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/2522/mangarainbleachch09013cropped9.gif

and its already been said, but i think they explained it better at the Quiny part, and I think when a Quiny or a Human kills a hollow, they just reincarnate and dont go to SS, so that what was destroying the balence.

Also @Vokalyzd, dont get mad when people are tyring to help anwser your question -.-".

Kraco
Sun, 01-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by: KoKo37
and I think when a Quiny or a Human kills a hollow, they just reincarnate and dont go to SS, so that what was destroying the balence.

Damn, despite the fact I'm an old fan of the theory the massacre of Quincys was based on fabricated reasons, this simple theory of yours didn't occur to me at all! So, the souls of hollows wouldn't be destroyed but would just skip SS, if killed by Quincys. That would of course piss off the SS leaders even more than if they were destroyed.

The whole SS is an artificial place. Somehow some pre-shinigami soul gained the power to send the souls of freshly died persons to some random plane of existence. And there he picked those souls with exceptional abilities, creating the army of shinigamis, who would then hunt exponentially more and more souls to be send to that plane.

Couldn't it be argued that powerful Hollows actually are powerful souls? And those powerful souls would make the most powerful shinigamis? We have seen that great many shinigamis aren't exactly saints, so the rather nasty nature of hollows might not even matter. If their souls are gathered to SS, they are good material. However, if they were killed by Quincys, they skipped SS. That would mean some of the best material never reached SS.

Man, I love this theory!

Edit: A typo corrected to make more sense.

SamuraiX-
Sun, 01-08-2006, 08:59 PM
Haha, nice theory, Kraco. It's probably true too. I mean, it makes perfect sense. The only problem is that it looks way too far into the Anime, which defies the linear way that the producer wants us to look at it. XD

FrogKing
Sun, 01-08-2006, 09:48 PM
Well I am back from my long vacation. I thought I would drop these pics to help the 'discussion' along. And yes, this has been discussed in a previous forum (just too lazy to link it).
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/Y0jimb0/hourglass.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/Y0jimb0/hourglass2.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/Y0jimb0/hourglass2a.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/Y0jimb0/hourglass2b.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/Y0jimb0/hourglass3.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/Y0jimb0/hourglass4.jpg

For all those who may say that this has no bearing on where one goes if they die in SS; just look at how the glass is filling and the blue (soul from SS) drops go back into the red (soul on Earth).

Ero-Fan
Sun, 01-08-2006, 10:36 PM
I hate you, I got all those same captured frames I was gonna post too, but I couldn't connect to gotwoot for days. Oh, well, thats what my arguement was kinda based on. Seems both the manga and anime agree pretty much with the same reincarnation theories.