PDA

View Full Version : I want to get videos on my iPod [please help]

naruto=pwnage
Mon, 01-02-2006, 06:55 PM
for x-mas I got a 30Gb ipod video but I want to get my naruto video files on there. can an ipod play this type of video format or do I need some software to "encode" it with. [or whatever the heck that is...] so please help. it would be much appreciated. ^_^

stos289
Mon, 01-02-2006, 07:15 PM
You need to convert the files to MPEG-4 or H.264. Videora iPod Converter (http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/) pretty much does it for you in one step. If you need a guide, use Google, but it is pretty much idiot-proof. Hope I could help.

naruto=pwnage
Tue, 01-03-2006, 11:23 AM
thanks for ur help. I'll post more questions on this topic if I have any problems with the idiot proof program. [or something..]

naruto=pwnage
Mon, 01-09-2006, 05:14 PM
ok. I seem to be having some troubles with your "idiot proof" program. am I trying to transcode the video or am I trying to do something else that I am not aware of? please help. basically I downloaded videora ipod converter and installed it. once that was done I opened it up and went to "convert" once there I clicked "transcode new video" it opened up a folder in which I picked an episode to be transcoded. I chose this episode: [AonE]_Naruto_124_[F63DC534]. it then took about 20 minutes to transcode. when it was finished, it said transcoding done and that was that, so now. if that was right so far then please tell me how to actually put the video on itunes, or whatever. i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif

stos289
Mon, 01-09-2006, 10:05 PM
Like I said, it is idiot proof. You did what you needed to do, transcode the video into MPEG-4. Now just add the video to iTunes (I'm pretty sure that is all you have to do). I don't have a Video iPod myself, so I don't really use iTunes that much (for my regular iPod, I use Winamp). I'm sure if you just drag the video into iTunes though, it will recognize it and add it to your iPod.

Hopefully my information is "idiot proof."

naruto=pwnage
Tue, 01-10-2006, 03:27 PM
hmm. well I've already figured that out except that I have no idea if it is being transcoded to MPEG-4 plus I went to add file to library on itunes and selected the naruto and it didn't do anything. I'll try again but if you have any more tips please make them known. thanks.