PDA

View Full Version : TV: Arrested Development

badass
Fri, 08-12-2005, 07:56 PM
The first season is already out on DVD, and season two will be released next month. If you don't intend to spend money, you can just download both seasons off of bittorrent. Season 3 premieres on FOX September 19th.

Official Site (http://www.fox.com/arresteddev/)

Bittorrent Sites:
www.torrentreactor.net
www.isohunt.com

Mut
Fri, 08-12-2005, 08:01 PM
This show is absolutely fucking hilarious. The racism on this show is also awesome.

Jman
Fri, 08-12-2005, 10:13 PM
it's pretty funny. anyone else caught the marathon on fox that ran earlier tonight?
had quite a few laughs. my fav had to be buster losing his hand to a seal.

XanBcoo
Sat, 08-13-2005, 04:09 PM
I saw another marathon they had a couple of weeks ago.
That's the only time I've see this show. It's ok. pretty funny.

American Hero
Sat, 08-13-2005, 11:12 PM
I was so glad when they decided to stick with the show.

It is definately my favorite comedy series.

complich8
Sun, 08-14-2005, 04:33 AM
I felt that the first season was WAY better than the second. It felt like a storyline that was just at the edge of possible. The second season felt like one big gordian knot, tangling itself up so tightly that it couldn't be unravelled short of half a season of deus ex machina.

Which isn't to say it wasn't worth watching. But it wasn't as good as first season.

Mut
Sun, 08-14-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by: complich8
It felt like a storyline that was just at the edge of possible. The second season felt like one big gordian knot, tangling itself up so tightly that it couldn't be unravelled short of half a season of deus ex machina.
what the hell does "edge" mean

complich8
Mon, 08-15-2005, 04:33 AM
meaning it could maybe, possibly, given a million rolls of the dice, happen in the real world. The second season felt completely absurd and implausible. The first season felt almost plausible (though still absurd).

Vegechan
Sat, 12-31-2005, 04:42 AM
This is my favorite show, hands down. It's one of those shows that has me cracking up throughout the majority of the episode that I can't breathe.

Sadly, FOX is beating the show around... Starting it out on a bad time slot, then constantly changing it's time slot, which even continues to this day. If you have the chance, check out the first two seasons (Out of DVD now) and watch some of the current one, if you haven't already. It takes a few episodes for it to click (some jokes are on going or are set up many episodes ahead of time.)

If you're a fan of the series, talk about your favorite momments and lines. There's just so many @.@

Probably one of my favorites was one in the first few episodes:

Michael: I burned it. Down to the ground.
George Sr.: There was money in that banana stand.
Michael: Well, it's all gone now.
George Sr.: There was $250,000 lining the inside walls of the banana stand.
Michael: What?
George Sr.: Cash, Michael. What the hell did you think I meant when I said...There is money& in& the banana stand!

And let's not forget the Bluth motto: "I've made a huge mistake..."

TwisT
Sat, 01-14-2006, 03:36 PM
hahaha yes this is an awesome show. It's definitly on my top 10 list. I love how all in this family is so egotistic and greedy and Michael is the total opposite. And the father is probably the funniest of them all.

And also Lindsay is hot.

Munsu
Sun, 10-02-2011, 05:39 PM
http://www.tvline.com/2011/10/arrested-development-returning-to-tv/

There you go, more rumors of the series maybe returning for one more season, leading up to a movie. Please make it happen someone for the love of God!

UChessmaster
Sun, 10-02-2011, 05:44 PM
If AD comes back i`d be as happy as a high school cheerleader that just got chosen as the prom queen.

XanBcoo
Sun, 10-02-2011, 09:23 PM
I hope this isn't a trick.

Oops, I mean an illusion.

A trick is something a whore does for money.

Edit: But seriously though I'm so excited I could scream.

Animeniax
Sun, 10-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Hate to be the rain on the wedding day, but it's what I do... I wonder at this point if a reunion would be a good idea.

I think Will Arnett has lost some luster with his failed sitcoms and Michael Cera has gotten a little too old to portray George Michael with the same innocence and vulnerability that I loved the character for.

While I loved the show, some things are better left to memory and not rehashed, potentially tarnishing the legacy of something great.

Munsu
Sun, 10-02-2011, 11:06 PM
Hate to be the rain on the wedding day, but it's what I do... I wonder at this point if a reunion would be a good idea.

I think Will Arnett has lost some luster with his failed sitcoms and Michael Cera has gotten a little too old to portray George Michael with the same innocence and vulnerability that I loved the character for.

While I loved the show, some things are better left to memory and not rehashed, potentially tarnishing the legacy of something great.

Will Arnett is fine, he's just have some really shitty roles. He's been awesome in his guest spots in 30 Rock for one.

Michael Cera still looks like the same little shit he was back then, no problems there.

Animeniax
Sun, 10-02-2011, 11:10 PM
I think the humour of Arnett's schtick has worn off. He'll soon be a former co-star of another crappy comedy, "Up All Night", about parents with a newborn baby. I'm not happy with the decline of his career, but that's Hollywood for you.

Michael Cera has become more assertive in his recent roles, and now looks like the goofy nerd from class, not the innocent doofus that was George Michael.

I hope they prove me wrong and the reunion season and movie are gut-busters.

XanBcoo
Mon, 10-03-2011, 06:35 PM
I think the humour of Arnett's schtick has worn off. He'll soon be a former co-star of another crappy comedy, "Up All Night", about parents with a newborn baby. I'm not happy with the decline of his career, but that's Hollywood for you.

Michael Cera has become more assertive in his recent roles, and now looks like the goofy nerd from class, not the innocent doofus that was George Michael.

I hope they prove me wrong and the reunion season and movie are gut-busters.

Will Arnett is fine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25txkZsRwSk

And the episodes are said to cover each family member after the gap. We're not going to get the exact same characters because they have grown up.

Animeniax
Mon, 10-03-2011, 09:31 PM
Didn't really feel the humour in that clip.

With the characters grown up, it will depend on the story to see if it was a good idea to make another season/movie. Let's hope they get a good writing team.

Munsu
Fri, 11-18-2011, 08:54 PM
Looks like it'll be returning through Netflix:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2011/11/netflix-to-bring-back-arrested-development.html

Animeniax
Wed, 11-23-2011, 11:01 AM
It's quite a coup for Netflix but I don't think I like the idea of having to subscribe to watch it. They should air it on broadcast TV like it deserves.

Sapphire
Tue, 05-14-2013, 07:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzVhPCMAxWQ&feature=player_detailpage

Releasing all on Netflix, eh? Maybe this says something about how worthless cable is now.

Animeniax
Tue, 05-14-2013, 08:07 PM
I'm going to start my Netflix subscription again to see these new eps and Friday Night Lights. I don't understand the business model of releasing all the episodes at once. They could have released them weekly and gotten 3 months of subscription fees for 12 episodes.

Sapphire
Mon, 05-27-2013, 11:17 AM
I just finished episode 3.

They basically got the entire cast of Outsourced to play native Indians for when Lindsay was in India, lol!
This is insanely funny, BTW.

Munsu
Mon, 05-27-2013, 10:19 PM
Personally I felt the opening episodes were a bit disappointing. I'm up to episode 12 now, but it has improved substantially since then for me.

Sapphire
Mon, 05-27-2013, 10:35 PM
I'm on ep 13! It's crazy how intricate the storyline is, lol. Makes for some re-watchings.

I love the whole cast, seriously. Especally Buster, it was so funny when he was mumbling to himself when he had to inhale his mom's smoke. He's so crushed by his mother's personality lol. The funniest part is the kid's personalities are all the result of their twisted parents rofl (as elucidated by the hilarous George Sr. phone convo).

Animeniax
Wed, 05-29-2013, 02:36 AM
Personally I felt the opening episodes were a bit disappointing. I'm up to episode 12 now, but it has improved substantially since then for me.
I just watched the first episode and feel the same way. I chalk it up to the writers restarting the series and trying to tie into the previous seasons. I'm glad so far everyone involved in the original series is back. When Ron Howard first started narrating I was disappointed thinking it was a new guy, then I got the joke when he cleared his throat and spoke normally.

All the cameos are fun but I hope they don't resort to them too much to make up for a weak story and lack of character development for the main cast.

Animeniax
Sun, 06-02-2013, 11:59 AM
The Lindsay episode was pretty good, much better than the previous two. I think the Gob, Buster, and Lucille episodes will be good because the characters are so nuts.