PDA

View Full Version : Sasori vs Oro

Assertn
Fri, 12-30-2005, 07:42 PM
So it seems kabuto and oro have planned all along to take on sasori, so if sasori hadn't already been defeated by sakura and chiyo, he would be on this bridge fighting right now. So here's my question....

Who would win? Sasori or Orochimaru?

heero
Fri, 12-30-2005, 08:19 PM
sasori in terms of techniques but orochimaru never seems to die...

Jadugar
Fri, 12-30-2005, 09:23 PM
Naruto

just kidding

Obviously Orochimaru will win. Which side are you taking Assertn?

nests
Fri, 12-30-2005, 09:44 PM
Orochimaru hands down even more with Kabutos help

LobsterMagnet
Sat, 12-31-2005, 02:21 AM
Need I remind you that sasori made a fucking puppet out of the third hokage of the sand, the supposedly best hokage, plus he's got the whole 100 puppet technique going for him so my money would be on sasori.

Knives122
Sat, 12-31-2005, 02:30 AM
#1 the kages of the sand are Kazekage i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

#2 The Third was the best Kazekage i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

#3 He had Ichigo mixed in the hundred, so he was going to wind anyway i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

anphorus
Sat, 12-31-2005, 10:31 AM
I'd go for Orochimaru.

For one thing he killed the Third Hokage who was said to be the strongest of all the Kages not just the Hokages.

For another with Sasori it boils down to the fact that he was beaten by a Chuunin and an Old Woman. The Old Woman may have been strong, but Her+Sakura<<<Sarotobi in my opinion.

Konohamaru
Sat, 12-31-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by: anphorus
I'd go for Orochimaru.

For one thing he killed the Third Hokage who was said to be the strongest of all the Kages not just the Hokages.

For another with Sasori it boils down to the fact that he was beaten by a Chuunin and an Old Woman. The Old Woman may have been strong, but Her+Sakura<<<Sarotobi in my opinion.

Sarutobi wasn't the strongest of all kages. He knew all of Konoha's jutsu's and because of that he was called the professor. Orochimaru only won because:

a) Sarutobi was old, Oro even said, if Sarutobi was 10 years younger he wouldn't stand a chance. Watch the episode.
b) He had to fight off 2 previous Hokages plus Oro who was his subordinate.

As for Sasori loosing, you'd prolly lose too if you had to fight your master who taught you everything you know. Masters teach their subordinate stuff but not everything they know incase of problems like this. Sure he could conjure up 100 puppets and a kazekage with the deadliest sand jutsu but he still lost to his master and she was controlling a walking powerhouse (Sakura) half the time cos she doesn't know anything about Sasori's fighting style. Sakura would be owned in a second if it wasn't for the old lady. Plus Sakura had medications incase of being hit by poison. Plus the mind games with using puppets of Sasori's parents. Again, if the old lady was like 40 years younger, she'd prolly won't need any help against Sasori cos she'll be younger and stronger.

Going back on topic, I think it would be a close fight and I like both of them and can't really say who would win.

Psyke
Sat, 12-31-2005, 11:50 AM
I'd think it would be a close fight but Oro will come out the winner. He can always get more sacrifices and summon ex-kages.

nests
Sat, 12-31-2005, 12:15 PM
Speaking of sacrafices would Oro be able to call back Kimimaru or can it not be done because he had a blooline

Hakeem_21
Sat, 12-31-2005, 12:17 PM
The old woman that took him down along sakura was good but she is nothing compared to Oro.

So i think oro would win cause of skill and exp.

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 12-31-2005, 12:41 PM
Hard to say really. But I think Orochimaru would win. Both Sasori and Orochimaru have dead kages on their list of victims, but Orochimaru had no arms when he was fighting Tsunade and Jiraiya, and he was still owning both of them for much of the fight. His badass status is set in stone. On the other hand, Sasori lost to a baby and a granny.

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 12-31-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by: Konohamaru

I'd go for Orochimaru.

Sarutobi wasn't the strongest of all kages. He knew all of Konoha's jutsu's and because of that he was called the professor. Orochimaru only won because:

a) Sarutobi was old, Oro even said, if Sarutobi was 10 years younger he wouldn't stand a chance. Watch the episode.
b) He had to fight off 2 previous Hokages plus Oro who was his subordinate.

As for Sasori loosing, you'd prolly lose too if you had to fight your master who taught you everything you know. Masters teach their subordinate stuff but not everything they know incase of problems like this. Sure he could conjure up 100 puppets and a kazekage with the deadliest sand jutsu but he still lost to his master and she was controlling a walking powerhouse (Sakura) half the time cos she doesn't know anything about Sasori's fighting style. Sakura would be owned in a second if it wasn't for the old lady. Plus Sakura had medications incase of being hit by poison. Plus the mind games with using puppets of Sasori's parents. Again, if the old lady was like 40 years younger, she'd prolly won't need any help against Sasori cos she'll be younger and stronger.

Going back on topic, I think it would be a close fight and I like both of them and can't really say who would win.

Quit making excuses for the fact that Sasori got beat by two WOMEN and Oro basically killed the Third, who we saw dominate both the 1st AND 2nd.Hokages himself. I think this speaks volumes about Oro's power.

Assertn
Sat, 12-31-2005, 02:22 PM
As far as the story goes, I'd expect oro to win if he was willing to put himself out in the open like that to take on sasori, but as far as watching both of the battles, it would be much more complex than that.

First of all, both of them are practically immortal. However oro just has a regular body that he can ditch as long as he survives the fight, while sasori has an instantly repairable body that he can ditch on a whim.

Oro killed the 3rd hokage (who was old and pretty much willing to throw his life away anyway...in fact technically the 3rd killed himself)
Sasori killed the 3rd kazekage (who was the best of the kazekages and seems to have been in his prime when he died)

I could go on with general comparisons between the two, but I'd have to say it all comes down to tons of skilled puppets with poison vs snakes and a sword.
Sinse sasori has both close and long range pretty much covered, I think he could take out oro.

Now with Kabuto's help, it might be a bit trickier....Kabuto would be like the equivalent of Sakura in the earlier fight with sasori.

anphorus
Sat, 12-31-2005, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel
Quit making excuses for the fact that Sasori got beat by two WOMEN and Oro basically killed the Third, who we saw dominate both the 1st AND 2nd.Hokages himself. I think this speaks volumes about Oro's power.

QFT and QFE.

Also, I'm near positive that Naruto's teacher- guy (can't remember his name. that's faily embarassing) actually said directly that the 3rd Hokage was "Considered the strongest of all the Kages".

Plus even if Orochimaru couldn't beat Orochimaru on his own (which I doubt) he could still summon the 4th Hokage, as he was about to do against Sarutobi to fight for him. And considering that he was able to attempt to summon the Fourth, even after he was consumed by the death god, Orochimaru may be able to summon the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Hokages as well.

In conclusion: Orochimaru completely owns Sasori.

Assertn
Sat, 12-31-2005, 02:30 PM
the resurrection technique is broke...he could even resurrect some generic villager and it could go on a rampage without anyone being able to stop it since it constantly repairs itself.

I'm sure we'll see the resurrection used again (and I expect it to be with the 4th)..but next time there won't be another death god summon....
So there has to be an alternative way to beating them.

mage
Sat, 12-31-2005, 02:40 PM
sasori got owned by sakura, the ultimate humiliation. orochimaru would fuck him up.

Sapphire
Sat, 12-31-2005, 02:42 PM
Sasori beats Orochimaru in looks...

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 12-31-2005, 02:45 PM

QFT and QFE..

The fuck is that supposed to mean?

Sapphire
Sat, 12-31-2005, 02:48 PM
I wouldn't really say he Oro's strengthed should be completly based on him killing Sandaime.. Sandaime basically commited suicide to try to save the village

KoKo37
Sat, 12-31-2005, 02:54 PM

Also, I'm near positive that Naruto's teacher- guy (can't remember his name. that's faily embarassing) actually said directly that the 3rd Hokage was "Considered the strongest of all the Kages".
i think he meant the Sarutobi was the strongest kage of the current 7 kages and not of all time. Or he might of been the strongest of all time in his Prime.

Originally posted by: Uchiha Barles
Hard to say really. But I think Orochimaru would win. Both Sasori and Orochimaru have dead kages on their list of victims, but Orochimaru had no arms when he was fighting Tsunade and Jiraiya, and he was still owning both of them for much of the fight. His badass status is set in stone. On the other hand, Sasori lost to a baby and a granny. well Jiraiya was drugged, and Tsunade never fought in a long time, and Orochimaru has Kabuto, though if everyone was at 100% I think Oro and Kabuto would beat Jiraiya and Tsunade.

and Konohamaru is right, Sarutobi was super old, and Orochimaru did say if he was 10 years younger he could of stood a chance or something.

anyways on topic now, I think Oro would win because of his revivals, his giant snake summon would probally beat his puppets, and Oro has most likey gotten a lot stronger in the 2 year jump, and if he had Kabuto as well, Sasori wouldn't stand a chance imo.

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 12-31-2005, 02:57 PM
The way I see it, Oro put him in the position that he had to call the Death God. I'm sure he wouldn't have done it if Oro hadn't been such a huge threat to him.

Prof. Chaos
Sat, 12-31-2005, 03:21 PM
Sasori would win. Sasori was only defeated by Sakura and Chiyo because she herself was a master of puppets and knew how to dodge the attacks.

Of course Oro could always summon the huge snake Mamba.

Assertn
Sat, 12-31-2005, 03:24 PM
he called the death god cause of the super gay resurrection jutsu. Most of that whole fight was sarutobi vs the two former hokages.
I think i would've loved to see the 3rd kazekage puppet vs th 4th hokage zombie.

Prof. Chaos: I agree...without an advanced understanding of puppets, there would be no way to avoid getting so much as a scratch...and a scratch is all it takes for sasori's poison to take effect

The only reason sasori lost was because he was up against one person who knew how to counter most of his attacks, and one person who knew how to counter his poison. You need to be able to counter both of these to win against sasori.

Sapphire
Sat, 12-31-2005, 04:16 PM
Yeah I can't think about how Orochimaru could avoid getting poisoned.. He isn't too fast..

Is he still handicapped by the way?

Knives122
Sat, 12-31-2005, 04:37 PM
we dont know, they still haven't explained it (but he should still be still seeing how the 3rd chopped off the soul arms of Oro).

Sapphire
Sat, 12-31-2005, 05:34 PM
If that's the case, then Sasuke would be useless, I guess...

nests
Sat, 12-31-2005, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
he called the death god cause of the super gay resurrection jutsu. Most of that whole fight was sarutobi vs the two former hokages.
I think i would've loved to see the 3rd kazekage puppet vs th 4th hokage zombie.

Prof. Chaos: I agree...without an advanced understanding of puppets, there would be no way to avoid getting so much as a scratch...and a scratch is all it takes for sasori's poison to take effect

The only reason sasori lost was because he was up against one person who knew how to counter most of his attacks, and one person who knew how to counter his poison. You need to be able to counter both of these to win against sasori.

Damn, now there a nice explanation of things after this I dont think I can clearly choose a winner

Another thing both of this guys were previous partners and probably knew of eachothers abilities so it would be a battle interesting battle. The loser would probably be the first one to make a mistake

Assertn
Sun, 01-01-2006, 01:37 AM
Yes, but it still boils down to oro having to get a critical hit at sasori's core, while sasori only needing so much as a scratch.

Sapphire
Sun, 01-01-2006, 06:36 AM
Unless he get's Mamba to body slam Sasori's army thing o_O;;

Hakeem_21
Sun, 01-01-2006, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by: KoKo37

i think he meant the Sarutobi was the strongest kage of the current 7 kages and not of all time. Or he might of been the strongest of all time in his Prime.

Originally posted by: Uchiha Barles
Hard to say really. But I think Orochimaru would win. Both Sasori and Orochimaru have dead kages on their list of victims, but Orochimaru had no arms when he was fighting Tsunade and Jiraiya, and he was still owning both of them for much of the fight. His badass status is set in stone. On the other hand, Sasori lost to a baby and a granny. well Jiraiya was drugged, and Tsunade never fought in a long time, and Orochimaru has Kabuto, though if everyone was at 100% I think Oro and Kabuto would beat Jiraiya and Tsunade.

and Konohamaru is right, Sarutobi was super old, and Orochimaru did say if he was 10 years younger he could of stood a chance or something.

anyways on topic now, I think Oro would win because of his revivals, his giant snake summon would probally beat his puppets, and Oro has most likey gotten a lot stronger in the 2 year jump, and if he had Kabuto as well, Sasori wouldn't stand a chance imo.

Haha you are funny now you think Kabuto is good enough that he can help take down both Jiraya and Tsunade....

If Jiraya wasnt poisened he would take on Oro and Kabuto on himself.

For godsake Kabuto got hurt badly by Naruto who sucked then.....

Sapphire
Sun, 01-01-2006, 11:09 AM
Yeah but Kabuto is a medical ninja who Tsunade herself said is better than she was in her prime.. Kabuto always sucked at close combat so would basically just be there for "support" or healing...

We don't know how Naruto fights now.. so he might suck now too.. Kabuto was like his second to last one-on-one last fight in the manga..

Hakeem_21
Sun, 01-01-2006, 11:53 AM
Still he sucked then. Now we can see that he attacks a little smarter.

Tsunade never said he were a better ninja or stronger. Who cares about his healing ability when there is a one on one. A ninja of the level of Tsunade would kill him before he could heal himself. He only shined against her cause of her fear for blood. That we know for sure. I like Kabouto but i hate when peope overrate him just cause of that fight against Tsunade and just cause he is Oror' man.

Sapphire
Sun, 01-01-2006, 03:19 PM
I'm not saying that he's strong.. I meant that he is useful to Orochimaru because of his medical abilities..

KoKo37
Sun, 01-01-2006, 03:54 PM
im not saying hes as strong as a sannin, but i think he could *help* take down Tsunade and Jiraya with Orochimaru because of his healing abillites, even if your not a strong fighter, if you got good healing abillites that can sometimes be just as helpful if your in a team or with a partner. Also im not overratting him, Orochi said he was about as strong as Kakashi, ( Before the jump ) and thats pretty strong. And just in my opinion if Orochi had both him arms working he could beat Tsunade and Jiraya ( not drugged ) with Kabuto -.-"

Anyways already been mentioned before but Oro and Sasori have both been partners, but personly knowing Sasoris skills would be more helpful then knowings Oro's, and again Mamba could *probally* beat the puppets imo.

ChaosK
Sun, 01-01-2006, 04:42 PM
koko with the kabuto thing, thats unless jiraya or tsunade own him in the first 5 seconds... if its a 2v2 with jiraya+tsunade vs kabuto+oro do u really think jiraya couldnt fight oro himself for at least a while while tsunade owns kabuto? or vice versa?

but its hard to say whether it'd be sasori or oro, they both kinda had immortality because oro kept switching bodys and sasori was a puppet...

i'd say oro

Hakeem_21
Sun, 01-01-2006, 07:27 PM
People think Jiraya is weak just cause we havent seen him fight so of course Oro would take him easy......

Just wish the kishi could show us Jiraya kick some ass for once so we could silence those who think he is weaker than oro.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 01-01-2006, 07:45 PM
I just want to defend Kabuto here...I'm pretty sure that hes good enough to possibly defeat a sannin. After that fight against tsunade and him owning her most of the fight, I'm pretty damn sure he can hold his own against a sannin. And, one other thing, I don't understand why people are saying "kabuto sucks at close combat." Ok, sure, he even said so himself at some point, but really, when he fought tsunade, did he use any long range techniques? No, they were all medical ninjutsu and taijutsu, all used at close range, against tsunade, who seems to be a close range fighter. and again, he wtfpwned her. There's no ifs, ands, or buts about the Kabuto/Tsunade fight. Now, if you say he sucks at taijutsu....that's a different story.

About Kabuto getting hurt by Naruto? Who the hell knew Naruto was going to pull off that super A level difficulty move? Furthurmore, kabuto had never even seen that move. The fact that he survived it at all is impressive, even coming from Naruto, who compared to the other genin at the time, did not suck. Sure he was stupid for even being in that fight, but he wasn't any worse than the best genin of the series at the time. If everything stayed the same, with the exception of Sasuke, or Neiji, or Gaara replacing Naruto in that situation, I doubt there would be any arguments stating "well, those guys suck, they couldn't possibly pull off a move to hurt Kabuto."

Also, for the point that was brought up saying that Jiraiya was drugged during the Sannin battle, that's true, but Orochimaru had no jutsu to speak of. I think Jiraiya being drugged was just to level the playing field, and was probably meant to suggest that they were equally disabled. If that's true, then Orochimaru performed magnificently. It seemed pretty clear to me that Orochimaru was just better than the other two Sannin.

Sapphire
Sun, 01-01-2006, 08:21 PM
Kabuto doesn't stand a chance against Orochimaru. Or Tsunade. The only reason he was "beating" her in that fight was she was cringing on the ground in fear of blood. And when she get's over that fear doesn't she punch him like 50 yards? My memory on that isn't too shabby, but I know that she kicked Orochimaru's ass after she got over her fear..
And the people who are saying that Kabuto is as strong as Kakashi and can therefore beat Orochimaru.. Orochimaru SAID that Kabuto COULDN'T beat him because he was only as strong as Kakashi.. and when Kakashi said he'd fight Orochimaru in that hospital thingy Orochimaru was all "haha... righttttt" and Kakashi was like.. "heh, I must be crazy for trying to fight Orochimaru" <--- I remember that clearly..

By the way I meant Taijutsu. ^_^

Yukimura
Mon, 01-02-2006, 04:17 AM
About Kabuto; he is a exceptional jounin level ninja, he make's few to no mistakes and is a pro at his job, he owned on a bunch of ANBU and is about Kakashi level, however The Three are...The Three, they all would wipe the floor with him in a simple i'm a ninja, your a ninja fight, we know Tsunade was a hemophobe or whatever its called and that's how he was able to get in and do anything to her. A few of those punches of hers and he's gone. The woman was fighting with all her major muscle groups slashed and her nervous system all fucked up, and she still spanked him like a bitch once she got over her own issues.

On to the actual topic, Oro might have a jutsu against poison, one thing the series hasn't really gone into detail on is the amount and variety of the jutsu that Oro knows. He's probobly got as many in his warped little soul as the Third did by now, if not more since he's not restricted at all in where he might go to get jutsu/create them through forbidden means. We saw pretty much everything Sasori had to give, and it was a shit load, but Oro has so many tricks up his sleeve that I doubt that he couldn't find a way around all of Sasori's stuff. The key point is that Oro is a broad range ninja and knows insane amounts of stuff and is probably infinately adaptable, Sasori's focus on puppets and poison ended up undoing him since he faced two people experts on countering his strengths, if you tried to counter Oro's strengths you'd have to do what the Third did and cut his jutsu off at the source, and even then we saw that he's still a force to be reckoned with. Oro FTW possibly by a landslide.

elmojo
Tue, 01-03-2006, 01:36 PM
lol

oro hands down, he's a sannin his body replacement techniques are absoluletely perfect, he can summon a huge snake that can take care of sasori's army

orichimaru is the ultimate villian

Hakeem_21
Tue, 01-03-2006, 02:33 PM
Nah Itachi is cause he is stronger i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Assertn
Tue, 01-03-2006, 02:49 PM
Orochimaru will never summon mando again after the last incident. Mando's probably so pissed that he'll eat oro the second he appears.

Who cares if he's a sannin? Since when was sannin > akatsuki? I would expect at least 1/3rd of the akatsuki members to be on par with oro.
And as I said before, his replacement technique is only useful if he can survive the fight to replace his body later.

Death13a
Tue, 01-03-2006, 05:55 PM
I would go with Oro because he won't engage in fight except if he really wants something or he has around 70% of winning. I would say if he fought sasori on 1 vs1 it would be 50/50 as they know how each fights. And sasori true form i bet isn't known to Oro. Sasori weaknesses can only be exploited by puppet user. So Oro could only overpower Sasori and thats why kubuto had to have 1st strick to uneven the score. Kubuto adds to Oro's victory about 5% as his medical jutsus would be inaffective against a puppet nor he could get close to sasori to attack as he would run out of chakra quickly healling posion. which leaves Oro with long range attacks and puppets of his own.

Assertn
Tue, 01-03-2006, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by: Death13a
I would go with Oro because he won't engage in fight except if he really wants something or he has around 70% of winning. I would say if he fought sasori on 1 vs1 it would be 50/50 as they know how each fights. And sasori true form i bet isn't known to Oro. Sasori weaknesses can only be exploited by puppet user. So Oro could only overpower Sasori and thats why kubuto had to have 1st strick to uneven the score. Kubuto adds to Oro's victory about 5% as his medical jutsus would be inaffective against a puppet nor he could get close to sasori to attack as he would run out of chakra quickly healling posion. which leaves Oro with long range attacks and puppets of his own.

So you're saying sasori would have the upper hand, although the matchup is even, yet oro would probably win.

wow, that's a record number of contradictions you have there

RasenDori
Tue, 01-03-2006, 06:29 PM
well heres how i think the fight would go. first off orochimaru and sasori (with hiruko) will exchange blows but none of them will connect. finally oro would pull out the kusanagi blade and destroy hiruko, so sasori would uses sandaime kazekage. oro would summon a generic large snake to ride upon and try to stay at a safe distance attacking with jutsus, but the snake would eventually fall to sandaimes traps, but oro would use that moment to destroy sandaime. so now they pull out the big guns. 100 puppets vs manda. which would again be evenly match ending with most of sasoris puppets being destroyed and manda retreating. at this point oro would be be tired but sasori having a puppet body wouldnt fall to the flaws of being organic. sasori pwns oro and adds him to his collection. but im just biased... kugutsu no jutsu is badass.

even if you consider kabutos assitence with medical ninjutsu and fighting, sasori most likely doesnt travel without deidara.. and well... deidara would own kabuto

LobsterMagnet
Tue, 01-03-2006, 06:45 PM
Everyone seems to forget that Sasori had at least 250+ other puppets which he probably kept with him on scrolls. Thats a bitch load of unique weapons and I bet he had different puppets to counter different situations. Dammit makes me even angrier that Sasori had to die premarturely I don't think we saw enough about him to justify killing him off. We never learnt his backstory or saw any of his more interesting puppets. I hope kishimoto can revive him with dues-ex-machina-no-justsu. Another interesting thing to consider is that Sasori was not so much defeated as much as he let himself be killed. Chiyo mentioned that he could have avoided the final blow but choose not to.

Keep in mind Sasori also had henchmen as well. Only difference is that we never got to see what they could do. Ultimately I see sasori as the winner simply because he dosen't have the biological limitations as Orchimaro. I mean technically he's a cyborg right? Meaning he dosen't suffer from fatigue. Plus all of his tecniques are carried out mechanically by using the chakra strings, he really dosen't need to put any of his chakra into his tecniques he simply carries them out by operating the puppets. Sasori's whole fighting style is compltetly unconvention since everything he does has been previously manufactured by himself as opposed to aquired. Dammit human puppets just kick ass so that's why I think he'd probably win. Besides he is the legendary Sasori of the red sands. Since he's got a title that means he's easily on par with the sannin or of the same calibur.

Don't estimate diadara I think that we really haven't seen everything that he is capable of. Reason why he respects sasori more is that my guess is unlike diedara who most likely has a blood line limit everything that sasori does has been made by hand and constructed by his own intellect as opposed to relying on skill. In the greatest sense sasori is a genius artists more so then a skilled fighter. Sasori was like the lex luthor of naruto literally compating his opponents with the machiniations of his mind.

Assertn
Tue, 01-03-2006, 11:27 PM
sasori has 298 puppets, to be exact
and we've only seen 102 of them (103 if he counts himself)

kAi
Wed, 01-04-2006, 12:01 AM
I like how Kabuto follows people of simliar traits.

Sasori made people into puppets and could steal their techniques.
Orochimaru makes people into his body (into a puppet of sought) and steals their techniques.

Yezsyr
Wed, 01-04-2006, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
Everyone seems to forget that Sasori had at least 250+ other puppets which he probably kept with him on scrolls. Thats a bitch load of unique weapons and I bet he had different puppets to counter different situations. Dammit makes me even angrier that Sasori had to die premarturely I don't think we saw enough about him to justify killing him off. We never learnt his backstory or saw any of his more interesting puppets. I hope kishimoto can revive him with dues-ex-machina-no-justsu. Another interesting thing to consider is that Sasori was not so much defeated as much as he let himself be killed. Chiyo mentioned that he could have avoided the final blow but choose not to.

You speak of these other puppets like they would make a difference. We all know that the Kazakage and his Legion of 100 were his "most prized" and "most powerful" puppets. The others would be jutsu fodder for Orochimaru, who has spent FIFTY years collecting and creating some the most powerful jutsus in the world. If we look at his skill and pursuits, his technique list must be like an advanced Kakashi. Its that SOME that makes him want the Sharingan, so he'll collect much faster.

Keep in mind Sasori also had henchmen as well. Only difference is that we never got to see what they could do. Ultimately I see sasori as the winner simply because he dosen't have the biological limitations as Orchimaro. I mean technically he's a cyborg right? Meaning he dosen't suffer from fatigue. Plus all of his tecniques are carried out mechanically by using the chakra strings, he really dosen't need to put any of his chakra into his tecniques he simply carries them out by operating the puppets. Sasori's whole fighting style is compltetly unconvention since everything he does has been previously manufactured by himself as opposed to aquired. Dammit human puppets just kick ass so that's why I think he'd probably win. Besides he is the legendary Sasori of the red sands. Since he's got a title that means he's easily on par with the sannin or of the same calibur.

What do henchmen have to do with anything. Orochimaru has a nation and an army, and a bitch on par with Kakashi. And "Biological limitations?" Orochimaru owns death. He can leave bodies behind, for stronger bodies AND take whatever abilities that body had. He resurrected two of the strongest ninjas that ever lived by sacrificing two weak genin. He took punches from Tsunade (I don't care rusty she was; she punched down a castle and lifted a katana the height of a three story building. I, again, wouldn't worry about chakra with Oro because he again, summoned the first two hokages with ease. And your Title Argument blows. Naruto had the title of the #1 Hyperactive Screwup of Konoha, there by Naruto pwns all. Ok. we'll subscribe to the Title idea. As far as I've seen in recent history, Konoha>>Suna. They've won the wars, they've had the size, strength, and authority. So to be the would be successor to one of the Greatest Konoha has known, to be the Strongest of the Sannin, a group of ninjas that was the MOST fear three man team in history. (In their primes, they were, and are Kage level.) And for him to still be fighting like he's in his prime, due to his disregard of biological limitations, Sasori would have his hands full. True that Sasori may be the strongest the Sand has ever seen, but the Sands strongest hasnt always been the Creme a la Creme, so to speak. IE the Sand's 5th Kazekage is 15 and Mental. Ok formerly mental.

Don't estimate diadara I think that we really haven't seen everything that he is capable of. Reason why he respects sasori more is that my guess is unlike diedara who most likely has a blood line limit everything that sasori does has been made by hand and constructed by his own intellect as opposed to relying on skill. In the greatest sense sasori is a genius artists more so then a skilled fighter. Sasori was like the lex luthor of naruto literally compating his opponents with the machiniations of his mind.

..? Ok, I think you're trying to say that Sasori's skill with his self crafted puppets garners him the repect of his peirs. Granted. I will put that one notch lower than the combined ability to resurrect anyone, and put your soul in anyone else's body, an ability I might add that Orochimaru created himself.

Sapphire
Wed, 01-04-2006, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by: Yezsyr

You speak of these other puppets like they would make a difference. We all know that the Kazakage and his Legion of 100 were his "most prized" and "most powerful" puppets. The others would be jutsu fodder for Orochimaru, who has spent FIFTY years collecting and creating some the most powerful jutsus in the world. I

OFF TOPIC but Orochimaru is 54.. I'd say he spent 20 years..

heero
Thu, 01-05-2006, 09:41 AM
I still want to think that sasori would win but Im sure Oro and Kabuto combined can beat him because why would they set up a trap for him in the recent manga if they arent sure they would win.

Jedi Guardian
Mon, 01-09-2006, 10:11 PM
If this has already been mentioned, then I'm sorry; but I believe Oro would've won, hands down. Here's why:

The Yodaime Hokage--The Fourth. I honestly don't believe Sasori had the ability to stop a summoning of that sort. His methods are just too direct. And, I feel confident that The Fourth would school Sasori.

Then again, I really don't think it'd come to that. Orochimaru would probably just take out all of Sasori's puppets with that snake hands technique he just pulled out against Yamamoto.

PSJ
Tue, 01-10-2006, 08:02 AM
Need I remind you that sasori made a fucking puppet out of the third hokage of the sand, the supposedly best hokage, plus he's got the whole 100 puppet technique going for him so my money would be on sasori.

He also got his ass handed to him by an old hag and a kid.

Orochimaru all the way.

heero
Tue, 01-10-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by: PSJ

Orochimaru all the way.

xcept oro also got owned by an old hag and lost 2 arms

darkmetal505
Wed, 01-11-2006, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by: heero

Originally posted by: PSJ

Orochimaru all the way.

xcept oro also got owned by an old hag and lost 2 arms

oro got owned by the 3rd (i dont know if thats who you are refering to), but he would win because his fetish for small boys would allow him power over all. Also, it seems he has better fighting techniques, like the above statements.

Divinity
Wed, 01-11-2006, 09:12 PM
Too bad Naruto will own them all because he is the hero.

Strider
Mon, 01-16-2006, 12:20 PM
I would say Orochimaru.

It is obvious Orochimaru was planning to fight his former partner, Sasori. And, Orochimaru doesn't strike me as a person to engage in battle without having weighed a number of the options or solutions to winning.

Granted, Orochimaru is not puppet master, like Chiyo. They were paired together for who knows how long. In those years, I'm sure Orochimaru became aware of his battle style. Didn't Orochimaru also help in bringing down the Third Kazekage?

Orochimaru uses those Mud Clones as much as Naruto with his Shadow Clones, for the case of one of the puppets getting harming Orochimaru. Plus, I still hold Kabuto in higher regards in terms of medical abilities over Sakura, to cure the two of them of some of those ailments, albeit temporary depending on the complexity of some of the poisons.

Having a hundred puppets isn't that special, when we saw them taken down by a fraction of that number. While not possible, a summoning of either the Shodai or Nidaime would take care of Sasori.

Orochimaru for the win.

ChaosK
Mon, 01-16-2006, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by: Jedi Guardian
If this has already been mentioned, then I'm sorry; but I believe Oro would've won, hands down. Here's why:

The Yodaime Hokage--The Fourth. I honestly don't believe Sasori had the ability to stop a summoning of that sort. His methods are just too direct. And, I feel confident that The Fourth would school Sasori.

Then again, I really don't think it'd come to that. Orochimaru would probably just take out all of Sasori's puppets with that snake hands technique he just pulled out against Yamamoto.

good point edo-tensai, then again sasori killed the kazekage....and oro technically "defeated" the hokage. becuase i'm not sure how the fight would've progressed if the third didnt use that move.

Assertn
Mon, 01-16-2006, 03:29 PM
what if sarutobi's cancellation of the 4th's summoning effect was permanent and oro can't call the 4th anymore?
what if sasori is capable of doing the same thing that sarutobi did if oro can call him up again and attempts to?

Sure oro knows sasori's fighting style, but sasori knows oro's fighting style too.

The only valid argument that supports oro winning is that oro consciously arranged to attack sasori at the bridge, and he wouldn't do that if he didnt think he stood a chance at winning.

darkmetal505
Mon, 01-16-2006, 03:53 PM

The only valid argument that supports oro winning is that oro consciously arranged to attack sasori at the bridge, and he wouldn't do that if he didnt think he stood a chance at winning.

thats taking in the bias that you think sasori is more powerful

Strider
Mon, 01-16-2006, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by: darkmetal505
thats taking in the bias that you think sasori is more powerful

I thought it was just common sense?

Why fight a fight you can't win?

The surprise, and the time devoted to plotting out the surprise, obviously gives Orochimaru the advantage. And, that is merely factoring the possibility that the two are on relatively equal levels of skill.

In addition, Sasori claimed the Third Kazekage was his most dangerous (possibly just his most prized) puppet. If Orochimaru is half the reason Sasori was able to acquire it, I don't see it fairing well against our pigment deprived pedophile.

darkmetal505
Mon, 01-16-2006, 09:36 PM
i was trying to make a point that assertn's argument didnt have hard evidence.

Carnage
Mon, 01-16-2006, 09:55 PM
I think Oro would win. His coolness would win it for him. And about teh whole Sarutpbi> every otherKage thing, I think Kishimoto meant to say that Sarutobi was the strongest of the 5 Kages at the time, not the strongest kage eva. I think Yondaime was prolly better than Sarutobi.

Assertn
Mon, 01-16-2006, 10:25 PM
i was trying to make a point that assertn's argument didnt have hard evidence.

Sorry.
I should've known by now that I have to post the same thing 3-7 times in a thread before anyone pays attention to my posts.

Jadugar
Mon, 01-16-2006, 10:32 PM
Everyone plz stop ignoring Assertn's posts.

Of all the people, Sasori was beaten by Sakura. I mean Sakura. Ok she has been trained by Tsunade but come on if Sakura can beat one of atatsuki member then what next, Orochimaru. I guess we will see that in the next chapter.

Sapphire
Tue, 01-17-2006, 06:13 PM
I don't think that Orochimaru came with Kabuto to to confront Sasori. I think he was just supervising him or something. I think Orochimaru 'came out of hiding' because he knew that it wasn't Sasori, but the Anbu dude.

Terracosmo
Tue, 01-17-2006, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by: Jadugar
Everyone plz stop ignoring Assertn's posts.

Of all the people, Sasori was beaten by Sakura. I mean Sakura. Ok she has been trained by Tsunade but come on if Sakura can beat one of atatsuki member then what next, Orochimaru. I guess we will see that in the next chapter.

Saying that "Sakura beat him" is a little bit misleading though, considering that she was accompanied by the person who arguably knows Sasori better than anyone. I think she would be toast right away if Chiyo wasn't there.

That being said, I still think Orochimaru would win, though.

Carnage
Tue, 01-17-2006, 07:07 PM
what ^^^ he said. Sakura would be owned and pwooned in .0543271 seconds.

Assertn
Wed, 01-18-2006, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by: Sapphire
I don't think that Orochimaru came with Kabuto to to confront Sasori. I think he was just supervising him or something. I think Orochimaru 'came out of hiding' because he knew that it wasn't Sasori, but the Anbu dude.

If this is true, then this will make me 10x more confident that sasori would've had the upper hand in the fight.

dantheman62
Wed, 01-18-2006, 04:16 PM
10x more? I dont know man. Oro seems to be really strong but i don't really think that he would be able to beat him at all. And it was Yamato disguised anyway. Plus, we all know that Yamato is strong enough to take on Orochimaru.

reesaroni
Mon, 01-23-2006, 07:27 PM
orochimaru

Hakeem_21
Mon, 01-23-2006, 08:40 PM
Oro woulndt lose cuase he doesnt even need to fight Sasori himself,he can whip any hogake and finish Sasori off.

dantheman62
Mon, 01-30-2006, 08:22 PM
wow you guys put alot of confidence in Oro. Well i'm just not taking in all the power he has bc he left the Akatsuki. Then again i'm still defending my state i made earilier about Sasori being able to beat Oro. We all know both are strong but consider that they were both in Akatsuki, and Oro left.....think about that.

The Heretic Azazel
Mon, 01-30-2006, 08:23 PM
What does leaving Akatsuki have to do with his power?

dantheman62
Mon, 01-30-2006, 08:23 PM
wow you guys put alot of confidence in Oro. Well i'm just not taking in all the power he has bc he left the Akatsuki. Then again i'm still defending my state i made earilier about Sasori being able to beat Oro. We all know both are strong but consider that they were both in Akatsuki, and Oro left.....think about that.

darkmetal505
Mon, 01-30-2006, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by: dantheman62
10x more? I dont know man. Oro seems to be really strong but i don't really think that he would be able to beat him at all. And it was Yamato disguised anyway. Plus, we all know that Yamato is strong enough to take on Orochimaru.

huh? Wheres the back up info for your argument. Also, Yamato is ANBU while oro is legendary sannin

Originally posted by: dantheman62

he probably left because he got what he needed and was tired of being their bitch.

Assertn
Mon, 01-30-2006, 09:16 PM
he probably left because he got what he needed and was tired of being their bitch.

Which would be.....?
his own demon?

krzyxb0rdr
Mon, 01-30-2006, 09:26 PM
________

The Heretic Azazel
Mon, 01-30-2006, 09:51 PM
What is up with these crazy ass rumors that he left Akatsuki because he couldn't beat Itachi? You're not the first person I've seen fling that shit around.

Carnage
Mon, 01-30-2006, 09:54 PM
Actually, he clearly states QUOTE " Thats the reason I left that orginization. Because he is stronger than me".

EPISODE 80/81 PPLZ.

The Heretic Azazel
Mon, 01-30-2006, 10:36 PM
I still don't see where it says he couldn't beat Itachi. Just that Itachi was more powerful, an observation he has made and intelligently calculated. He knows Itachi is capable of killing him.

anphorus
Tue, 01-31-2006, 08:02 AM
Azreal is right, power isn't everything. When it comes to raw power Naruto has been the strongest from the start of the series, but that didn't mean much if he can't use it. Itachi is strong and his mangekyoku sharingan gives him some powerful jutsu, but Itachi is only around 19 whereas Oro is over 50 and has much more experience. Not to mention that Orochimaru probably knows more jutsu than any other ninja alive, Itachi is a treat but it's not like Oro wopuldn't be able to put up a fight or beat him. Shikamaru is a prime example of how power can mean next to nothing in a battle.

I think Oro left because he felt that the organisation wasn't helping him and that, seeing as how he couldn't get a hold of Itachi, who was potential threat, and Kimimaro became an inapppropriate vessel he needed to go after the only other person he knew had the Sharingan.

Ero-Fan
Tue, 01-31-2006, 08:12 AM
Besides the fact that the rest of Akatsuki probably wouldn't have looked to fondly on Orochimaru taking Itachi's body.

Carnage
Tue, 01-31-2006, 04:03 PM
They dont look too fondly of Orochimaru taking Sasuke either. You guys can believe what you want. I know I heard that Orochimaru specifically said that the reason he left the organization was because Itachi was more powerful. Case Closed.

Oh, and

still don't see where it says he couldn't beat Itachi. Just that Itachi was more powerful, an observation he has made and intelligently calculated. He knows Itachi is capable of killing him.

Killing him is beating him.

And about the whole power vs. skill, If orochimaru could beat Itachi then he just would have beaten him. Since he couldnt beat him, he left to get Sasuke's sharingan.

It wouldnt matter if Akatsuki cared or not if Orochimaru took over Itachi's body, because Itachi would then just be able to beat Akatsuki. If he couldnt, then he wouldnt be trying to get Sasuke because he knows its pissing off Akatsuki and they would just kill him if they got hold of him. So Orochimaru must have something up his sleeve where if he has the sharingan, he can take out any Akastuki member.

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 01-31-2006, 05:02 PM
I said he COULD kill Oro, not that he WOULD 100% no questions asked in a hypothetical fight, that's just ridiculous. No one ever said Itachi beat Oro in Akatsuki, we don't know that.

I think it's this inferiority complex of Oro's...he's so jealous that Itachi has a tool like the mangekyou sharingan that he's putting more value into the doujutsu than perhaps it even deserves.

krzyxb0rdr
Tue, 01-31-2006, 05:22 PM
_________

anphorus
Tue, 01-31-2006, 07:21 PM
From what we've seen of Oro's mind transfer jutsu, it seems to leave him rather open to counterattack, so in order to transfer to Itachi Orochimaru would have to beat him down in a fight (as he sure as hell wouldn't go willingly). There are two problems to this. 1) Itachi is a threat, Orochimaru wants immortality, which means that he wouldn't risk himself in a fight. He only fought the Third because he was sure he could beat him without a lage risk of him dying. 2) In order to beat Itachi in a fight he would have to injure him substantially which isn't a good idea if you are going to be occupying that body.

And the point I just raised also applies to the "Itachi" is stronger thing. Orochimaru needs immortality to achive his goals, therefor he would be afraid of taking too big a risk when fighting Itachi, so naturally he would consider him "stronger" since in order to just kill Itachi he doesn't have to worry about himself, it wouldn't matter if he died in the process, whereas since he needs to survive, it's a much larger risk.

Carnage
Tue, 01-31-2006, 09:00 PM
I said he COULD kill Oro, not that he WOULD 100% no questions asked in a hypothetical fight, that's just ridiculous. No one ever said Itachi beat Oro in Akatsuki, we don't know that.

I think it's this inferiority complex of Oro's...he's so jealous that Itachi has a tool like the mangekyou sharingan that he's putting more value into the doujutsu than perhaps it even deserves.

Hhhmmmm...... you have a point, except that I dont think Orochimaru is the kind of villian to have an inferiority complex. He always seems superior. And if he himself said that he thinks that he would lose i think he knows his own power to make good judgement on whether or not he could win.

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 01-31-2006, 09:09 PM
BOTTOM LINE.

It would have been better if Oro took Itachi's body and Kyuubi. All mangekyou Kyuubi. Oohh.

Carnage
Tue, 01-31-2006, 09:57 PM
That would be the biggest ownage eva. The only people who could deal with that are the uber nutz super poweredtastic dbz characters! ZOMG! IT SHOULD NEVER RESORT TO THAT!

darkmetal505
Tue, 01-31-2006, 10:00 PM
except, soon he would go blind, and no little kid likes a blind guy.

Carnage
Wed, 02-01-2006, 06:04 PM
The kyuubi powers would heal his eyes.

Assertn
Wed, 02-01-2006, 06:11 PM
I'm sorry...I thought this was the Oro vs Sasori topic.

Carnage
Wed, 02-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Oh yea. All in all:

Sasori< strong teenage girl + skilled old hag

Orochimaru> 1,000,000 strong teenage girls + 1,000,000 skilled old hag

Orochimaru > Sasori

Assertn
Fri, 02-03-2006, 12:29 PM
Orochimaru + 2 immortal hokage zombies <= old guy

Carnage
Fri, 02-03-2006, 04:22 PM
But the old guy is super duper pooper awsome. Infact, Orochimaru WON that fight! Who came out standing? Eh? Eh?

heero
Fri, 02-03-2006, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by: God#2
But the old guy is super duper pooper awsome. Infact, Orochimaru WON that fight! Who came out standing? Eh? Eh?

old guy would win too if he had 2 more hokages on his side lmao

Carnage
Sat, 02-04-2006, 02:18 PM
But old guy isn't good enough to know how to get two hokages on his side.

heero
Sat, 02-04-2006, 07:04 PM
But old guy isn't good enough to know how to get two hokages on his side.

not true. he is the genius of jutsu. im sure he could IF he wanted to. but thats against his morals.

Carnage
Sat, 02-04-2006, 07:06 PM
No, I disagree. There's nothing that shows Sarutobi would even be able to come up with the IDEA of summoning back the dead

heero
Sun, 02-05-2006, 04:43 AM
No, I disagree. There's nothing that shows Sarutobi would even be able to come up with the IDEA of summoning back the dead

1. the show portrays him as the genius of jutsu
2. the show never said anything about him NOT being able to come up with that idea

You cant argue that he cant come up with it just because it was never mentioned. that's called being closed minded. "just because you've never seen it doesnt mean it doesnt exist"

Carnage
Sun, 02-05-2006, 11:27 AM
Yes, but it is also close minded to say "He could have invented the technique if he wanted to!!!!"i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

heero
Sun, 02-05-2006, 04:31 PM
I believe that because thats what evidence suggests. all you have provided me was "But old guy isn't good enough " "There's nothing that shows Sarutobi would even be able to come up with the IDEA " but its not very convincing. I might change my mind if you give me some better evidence.

darkmetal505
Tue, 02-07-2006, 01:30 AM
Yes, but it is also close minded to say "He could have invented the technique if he wanted to!!!!"

even if he did, he wouldnt do it because of his moral and ethical beliefs. I think he knows how to do it, he seemed very familiar with Oro's Edo Tensei.

MASTA-OF-DISASTA
Tue, 02-07-2006, 01:26 PM
Guys we all know that sarutobi rules supreme till now.

I mean everybody says that oro beat sarutobi, but this is only because oro just used some evil mega jutsu that reguires alot of preparing and shit. And with this jutsu he got the first and second to fight for him. And we have no facts that doubt that they werent at full strength.

But thats all just to raise sarutobi's pimpfactor a bit, and about him knowing that jutsu( tensei something or whatever). Well i mean if sarutobi's morals would stop him from that, why did he make a deal with the deathgod himself as a jutsu.

just my 50 cents.

darkmetal505
Tue, 02-07-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by: MASTA-OF-DISASTA
Guys we all know that sarutobi rules supreme till now.

I mean everybody says that oro beat sarutobi, but this is only because oro just used some evil mega jutsu that reguires alot of preparing and shit. And with this jutsu he got the first and second to fight for him. And we have no facts that doubt that they werent at full strength.

But thats all just to raise sarutobi's pimpfactor a bit, and about him knowing that jutsu( tensei something or whatever). Well i mean if sarutobi's morals would stop him from that, why did he make a deal with the deathgod himself as a jutsu.

just my 50 cents.

it wasnt really the evil mega jutsu that took down sarutobi. He dealt with it just fine. There were two things that took down the Hokage:

1) he was old
2) Orochimaru could control his sword by his hands/will

Also, he felt that the dead were being disrespected working for orochimaru like that. The deathgod jutsu was just a act of self sacrifice showing that he was willing to die to save the village (just like the 4th).

MASTA-OF-DISASTA
Thu, 02-09-2006, 05:36 AM
Dude u just said it urself....

Sarutobi is tha biggest pimp because he dealt with the jutsu that brought back 2 HOKAGE'S just fine. Meaning that doesnt stop him.

And u think giving ur soul to the devil to achieve something is a good thing?

anphorus
Thu, 02-09-2006, 10:13 AM
On the original topic in this thread. This newest manga chapter has pretty much confirmed that Orochimaru is stronger than Sasori

EDIT: Anyone else notice that this thread has 100+ replies and <20 views? Is it a glitch, or has it had so many veiws that the counter couldn't handle it and it went right through the other side?

Carnage
Thu, 02-09-2006, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by: MASTA-OF-DISASTA
Dude u just said it urself....

Sarutobi is tha biggest pimp because he dealt with the jutsu that brought back 2 HOKAGE'S just fine. Meaning that doesnt stop him.

And u think giving ur soul to the devil to achieve something is a good thing?

It wasn't the devil. The devil is uuuuuuglY. That was a kickass shinigami.

Strider
Thu, 02-16-2006, 12:07 PM
.. Sasori hasn't been mentioned since Assertn's last post, I think. Thought I'd refresh the topic, maybe.

I'll save my retort to Heretic's Oro' and Itachi comments for a topic initiated with debate towards those two.

Jadugar
Fri, 02-17-2006, 06:12 PM
Let me quote Assertn for you again

Orochimaru + 2 immortal hokage zombies <= old guy

As for Sasori, plz let him rest in peace.

old old lady + someone annoying and useless > Sasori