PDA

View Full Version : Florida teen skips school, sneaks to Iraq

Honoko
Thu, 12-29-2005, 08:23 PM
CNN article (http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/12/29/teen.iraq.ap.ap/index.html)

His father, Redha Hassan, a doctor, said his son is an idealist, principled and moral. His mother, however, sees things differently.'I don't think I will ever leave him in the house alone again," she said. "He showed a lack of judgment."

Obviously, we know whose brain the kid inherited: the smart, lack of common sense one =P

DB_Hunter
Thu, 12-29-2005, 08:36 PM
Man... how can a guy be so stupid? This guy seems to give a massive amount of credence to the line of argument that alot of people acknowledge abroad that people in America live in a world of their own. Immersive journalism my ass...

The teen, who says he has no religious affiliation, added that he even spent an entire night until 6 a.m. talking politics with a group of Muslim men, a level of "immersion" his teacher characterized as dangerous and irresponsible.

lol it seems he gets his naive viewpoint of the world from the classroom afterall.

Xollence
Thu, 12-29-2005, 08:38 PM
What an idiot.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 12-29-2005, 08:39 PM
That dude is one hard ass, anyone who bitches about him in this thread are pussies because they didn't have the balls to do it!!

Carnage
Thu, 12-29-2005, 08:48 PM
Goddam crazy Floridans! If I were him at this point i would just make a list of crazy shit to do because my life would be over once I get back home to my parents.

RedX1z
Thu, 12-29-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel
That dude is one hard ass, anyone who bitches about him in this thread are pussies because they didn't have the balls to do it!!

with what he did, he's lucky to even have his ball on his way home.

on second note, saying he's an idiot is giving him too much credit..dumbass fits fine.

masamuneehs
Fri, 12-30-2005, 02:36 AM
The only thing this kid did wrong was use his parents money without telling them and causing alot of people unneccessary worry and trouble. Otherwise I fully support his idea. The way he carried out his plan was stupid, that's a given. But the motivation behind it can't be argued with. There's nothing wrong with wanting to learn about the world, its actually a very commendable undertaking. However, he really was either naive/stupid in some of the ways he acted.

PSJ
Fri, 12-30-2005, 09:17 AM
I'll admit that he got balls but damn he is one crazy idiot.

milfhunter
Sat, 12-31-2005, 08:23 AM
All of you except for The Heretic Azazel are shitfucks and retarded. It's sad that morons and eunuchs like you all get to live and leech the resources of this dying planet to perpetuate your stupidity and embarrassing lack of testicular fortitude to learn the truth. I wish that I could send all of you to the terrorists in Iraq to get beheaded as an agreement of a peace treaty.

What this kid Farris Hassan did is something that none of you cunts will ever comprehend because the electrical cross-connects in your brain just won't allow it. When he writes about what he learned during his vacation, he'll have more credibility than any reporter on CNN or Fox News because he'll actually know what the fuck he's talking about. When was the last time Bill O'Reilly or Anderson Cooper went on an "adventure" to Baghdad without any military protection and were able to blend in and report the truth without the government's veil over it? Unlike a news "correspondent" of caucasian descent who would immediately get blown up by a suicide bomber, Hassan is able to maintain a measure of invisibility and objectivity because not only does he have Arab features but he is born and raised in the US of A. He had a fucking debate on politics with Muslim men and came out with all of his limbs. He just owned the AP, Reuters, and every other press organization in the world.

Originally posted by: CNN article (http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/12/29/teen.iraq.ap.ap/index.html)
The State Department strongly advises U.S. citizens against traveling to Iraq, saying it "remains very dangerous." Forty American citizens have been kidnapped since the war started in March 2003, of which 10 have been killed, a U.S. official said. About 15 remain missing.
It's amazing how the military preaches courage as one of its morals, but no one wants to praise the courage of Hassan. The government and the media would rather manipulate you and make you believe that it's just naive idealism. They don't want to admit their shortcomings and they don't want you to know what's really going on. How is enlisting in the army and fighting a bullshit war just to lose a leg and get nowhere in the end any different from "naive idealism"?

Kraco
Sat, 12-31-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by: milfhunter
It's amazing how the military preaches courage as one of its morals, but no one wants to praise the courage of Hassan. The government and the media would rather manipulate you and make you believe that it's just naive idealism. They don't want to admit their shortcomings and they don't want you to know what's really going on. How is enlisting in the army and fighting a bullshit war just to lose a leg and get nowhere in the end any different from "naive idealism"?

Modern military doctrine doesn't encourage risking your life unnecessarily. You have to remember military personnel aren't serving themselves (or their own whims) but a nation and the needs of the nation. It's no use for a nation to train somebody who just gets himself killed for no good reason.

Otherwise I have to agree with PSJ.

PSJ
Sat, 12-31-2005, 10:43 AM
Sure we all get what you mean milfhunter but it's still fucking stupid. To do it just for a high school class is taking an unnecessary risk, i'm sure all of us can agree on that. Taking unnecassary risks isn't couragous it's stupid, if Hassan possessed some kind of judgement he would know that going to Iraq for a high school class is indeed stupid. The same goes for you milfhunter.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 12-31-2005, 11:45 AM
milfhunter everyone knows what the media says is crap, all we are saying is that what he did was stupid. Infact, think of what would have happened if he got killed... the very same media would start utilising his death as an attack on the 'common American' and how inhumane the killers and how the army will never stop bla bla bla.

If he wants objectivity a good place to start would be to clear your minds of any bias against anyone involved and then analyse the situation... and you can do that if you have arab features + american citizenship or not.

aznroyale
Sat, 12-31-2005, 11:49 AM
hes retarded

Honoko
Sat, 12-31-2005, 12:37 PM
What this kid Farris Hassan did is something that none of you cunts will ever comprehend because the electrical cross-connects in your brain just won't allow it.
well, yeah, sure it's incomprehensible. a 16-year-old american civilian casually walking through a warzone is an act that clearly lacks judgement and common sense-- which i believe most opinions in this thread was referring to =P

It's amazing how the military preaches courage as one of its morals, but no one wants to praise the courage of Hassan.
well, american stupidity knows no bounds right? if anyone actually praised that kid for a job well done, how many more civilians do you think are just gonna hop on a plane and walk through iraq casually today?
and that's the other thing: if hassan was a 16-year-old trained soldier (which is impossible), then fine, whatever. praise his courage, i wouldn't care so much to even post this thing on GW.

besides, even tho the kid looked iraqi, it didn't expose him to any less danger. didn't bush admit 30,000 iraqi civilians have died since they (the US =P) took over the country? that's a lot of people, even if bush was trying to play down the numbers. so not only was the kid an idiot, but he's damn lucky to be alive.

darkmetal505
Sat, 12-31-2005, 04:40 PM
he has balls, on the news it said he saw the terror and was going to kiss the ground when he came back

milfhunter
Sun, 01-01-2006, 01:35 PM
Hey Kraco, what the fuck is your point? You have the most pointless post in this whole thread. Congratulations. If military doctrine doesn't condone the unnecessary risk of life, then why is it still there after no weapons of mass destruction have been found, no connection between Saddam Hussein and Usama bin Laden has been established, and the soldiers don't even have armor? Where's the training to protect yourself from suicide bombers and rioters? I didn't know that my 18 year old friend, who naively and idealistically joined the Marines, has been trained as a chemical expert and an electronics engineer to disassemble improvised explosive devices. Oh wait, he hasn't. So, shut the fuck up.

Originally posted by: PSJ
Sure we all get what you mean milfhunter but it's still fucking stupid.Congratulations on having the second most pointless post in this thread. If you read the CNN article, you'll learn that his class assignment was only to pick an international topic and write editorials about it -- basically what your overpaid news reporter at CNN does. Hassan took it upon himself, out of his own volition -- not because it was a class assignment -- to immerse himself in the environment he is writing about. Stop trying to use Kraco's "unnecessary risk" argument because it is doublespeak, just like "necessary risk".

Originally posted by: DB_Hunter
think of what would have happened if he got killed... the very same media would start utilising his death as an attack on the 'common American'If he had gotten killed, how is it any different from the thousands of injured and dead soldiers? They're citizens too. Doesn't the media already utilize their deaths to push the right-wing agenda, too? Besides, what terrorist isn't inhumane? A lot of doublespeak going on today.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 01-01-2006, 06:48 PM
Q]Originally posted by: DB_Hunter
think of what would have happened if he got killed... the very same media would start utilising his death as an attack on the 'common American'If he had gotten killed, how is it any different from the thousands of injured and dead soldiers? They're citizens too. Doesn't the media already utilize their deaths to push the right-wing agenda, too? Besides, what terrorist isn't inhumane? A lot of doublespeak going on today.[/quote]

There is always a certain understanding that soldiers in a war zone would be killed... not high school civillians. That's the emotion that would have been played on. As for the discussion on terrorists being inhumane, take a look at the Iraq War thread and join the debate in there... i'm pretty sure that the point of 'someone's terrorist being another man's freedom fighter' is covered in there.

EpyonNext
Mon, 01-02-2006, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by: Honoko

What this kid Farris Hassan did is something that none of you cunts will ever comprehend because the electrical cross-connects in your brain just won't allow it.
well, yeah, sure it's incomprehensible. a 16-year-old american civilian casually walking through a warzone is an act that clearly lacks judgement and common sense-- which i believe most opinions in this thread was referring to =P

It's amazing how the military preaches courage as one of its morals, but no one wants to praise the courage of Hassan.
well, american stupidity knows no bounds right?

Actually thats human Stupidity.
Einstien said, "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
and I'm not sure about the former."

And as for the militaty preaching courage, I'll stand up and give him credit(although I'm not entirely sure where you are getting anything about the military from all this). What he did took a lot of what we call "Personal Courage". However, what he did also took a heavy dosing of human stupidity.

The Heretic Azazel
Mon, 01-02-2006, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by: Honoko

well, american stupidity knows no bounds right?

What an enlightened, fresh view. Oh, and I love how you don't make generalizations. Seriously, I'm applauding over here.

milfhunter
Mon, 01-02-2006, 08:32 AM
There is always a certain understanding that soldiers in a war zone would be killed...
Wow, go ahead and degrade the sacrifice of every soldier's life then.

"Oh, 1,000+ American freedom fighters have died? So what? It was, well, in a certain understanding, to be expected. Sucks to be them. Let's just go out and recruit some more."

I guess recruitment is just like reloading ammo, but in this case, ammo is human lives.

"But wait, a high school civilian has died? Oh, hell to the fuck no! That does it. That's crossing the line! That's fucking stupid!"

'someone's terrorist being another man's freedom fighter'
What the fuck is your point? Thanks, you have just given EpyonNext the pleasure of a hard on because he can now reference Einstein's theory of relativity, too. Good job.

DB_Hunter
Mon, 01-02-2006, 12:47 PM

There is always a certain understanding that soldiers in a war zone would be killed...
Wow, go ahead and degrade the sacrifice of every soldier's life then.

"Oh, 1,000+ American freedom fighters have died? So what? It was, well, in a certain understanding, to be expected. Sucks to be them. Let's just go out and recruit some more."

Don't be patronising and assume that everyone thinks that American soldiers are freedom fighters being sacrificed for a just cause.

"But wait, a high school civilian has died? Oh, hell to the fuck no! That does it. That's crossing the line! That's fucking stupid!

That's the way emotions are for some people.

"

'someone's terrorist being another man's freedom fighter'

What the fuck is your point? Thanks, you have just given EpyonNext the pleasure of a hard on because he can now reference Einstein's theory of relativity, too. Good job.

My point there is not everyone is on one side.

Carnage
Mon, 01-02-2006, 08:14 PM
Its so funny how milfhunter is telling other people that theyre making the most useless posts when hes making posts on just bashing them. Go ahead, bash me for this post..........retard.....

***Contribution to the thread***

Theres a difference when a soldier dies and a civilian dies. A soilder is fighting, so he can expect to be injured or lose his life. But that doesnt make his cause less honorable. But when a civilian dies, the civilian is usually innocent ( Though in this case, it would be Hassan's fault if he died). The definition of a civilian is a non combatant, someone who doesnt fight, someone who shouldnt die. So yes, there is a difference between when a soilder dies and a civilian dies. The soldier chooses willingly to fight knowing the consequences. A civilian however does not wish to fight and does not want to risk imjury or death.

The Heretic Azazel
Mon, 01-02-2006, 08:37 PM
I love reading about "honorable" deaths in the army when the news commonly puts new photos on the air of people who didn't even make it to 20.

It's such a fucking waste.

Assassin
Tue, 01-03-2006, 12:24 AM
the best part about this article is that this kid is all into immersion journalism, but doesn't think to do some research and try to blend it, or learn some basics of the language. What a shitty journalist he would make.

+5 for enthusiasm, -42 for common sense.

on a totally unrelated note,

I wish that I could send all of you to the terrorists in Iraq to get beheaded as an agreement of a peace treaty.

HOLY BIASED GENERALIZATIONS BATMAN!!

badass
Tue, 01-03-2006, 12:33 AM
The argument concerning the fact that he could've died is stupid. He was willing to risk his life to be able to write about Iraq after getting a deeper and more personal understanding of the situation there. It doesn't matter what could've happened, it didn't. All the (should've, would've, could've, etc.) bullshit is unimportant. After all is said and done, he accomplished his goal.

Assertn
Tue, 01-03-2006, 01:07 AM
Whats the difference between that kid and the marines? Both willingly enter and involve themselves in the battlefield...which is unlike the common defining characteristic of a civilian. As far as I'm concerned, if that kid died, it wouldn't have been a civilian casualty.

milfhunter
Tue, 01-03-2006, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by: God#2
bash me for this post..........retard.....Ok, then. You can suck my dick, faggot.

Contribution to thread:

Originally posted by: Assassin
the best part about this article is that this kid is all into immersion journalism, but doesn't think to do some research and try to blend it, or learn some basics of the language. What a shitty journalist he would make. The whole point of immersive journalism is that the immersion is part of the research, and I'm pretty sure that he would've learned the basics of the language due to the situations he encountered such as conversing with Muslim men over politics. They probably taught him a disproportionate amount of profanity, and I'm pretty sure he can perfectly say "kill the Jews" now.

Originally posted by: Assassin
HOLY BIASED GENERALIZATIONS BATMAN!!You'll be the first one I send to get beheaded. Where's the generalization now?

Kraco
Tue, 01-03-2006, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by: badass
The argument concerning the fact that he could've died is stupid. He was willing to risk his life to be able to write about Iraq after getting a deeper and more personal understanding of the situation there. It doesn't matter what could've happened, it didn't. All the (should've, would've, could've, etc.) bullshit is unimportant. After all is said and done, he accomplished his goal.

The 'should've, would've, could've' are relevant in general sense. It's obvious this kid didn't die, but if you take 100 kids and send them to a similar trip, many of them would be statistically likely to come back feet first in aluminum coffins. Would that be an acceptable price for a school paper?

Though it has to be remembered that throughout the history there have been individuals who have been joyously ready to risk their lives for endeavours that, back then, seemed utterly stupid for the general audience. Without these men (and women), we wouldn't have many great technological inventions or many parts of the world would have remained uncharted for far longer times. But not all of these adventures were intelligent or succesful, of course. So, these people are needed, but the continuation of our species requires they are the minority.

badass
Tue, 01-03-2006, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by: Kraco
The 'should've, would've, could've' are relevant in general sense. It's obvious this kid didn't die, but if you take 100 kids and send them to a similar trip, many of them would be statistically likely to come back feet first in aluminum coffins. Would that be an acceptable price for a school paper?

100 kids didn't go on the trip, just Hassan did. That's what should be the point of the discussion. Like I said, I don't care about what would've or could've happened, I care about what did happen.

Kraco
Tue, 01-03-2006, 03:39 PM
Give me a break. If somebody starts a thread with the topic: "Is turkey good meat?", and somebody answers: "Turkey is fine, but chicken is better.", do you really think the second person spammed the thread with an irrelevant opinion, because 50% of his post concerned chicken?

A thread like this begs for serious consideration of common sense. But perhaps you are too badass for such opinions...

KitKat
Tue, 01-03-2006, 03:53 PM
Well, all badass said was that he personally doesn't care about hypothetical situations. I think for the majority of the people that are posting in this topic though, statistics and probability play a crucial role in the discussion. To be able to evaluate someone's actions, it's important to understand the possible outcomes of their actions.

My thoughts on the issue: All issues of danger aside, I would never spend that much money on a school assignment. Seriously, that kid's parents must have good jobs. Who gives their kid that much money just to spend on whatever? I'm willing to bet that if he'd worked for that money himself, he never would have gone.

Honoko
Tue, 01-03-2006, 04:15 PM
you'd be amazed at what kind of money parents give to their children here =P high schoolers now in well-to-do surburbia carry their books in designer bags like LV or Prada *barf* if i ever have kids, they're gonna be stuck with one L.L.Bean bookbag for their entire educational career and even that's gonna be generous i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

DB_Hunter
Tue, 01-03-2006, 04:23 PM
lol designer bags??? Man when I went to school I just wanted a bag that could carry my stuff, only when I was like 8 I wanted one with a clock in it or some cartoon related bag. I didn't even have the concept of a designer bag... as long as it carried my stuff and it could be used to make the goal/wicket when I played football/cricket at school it was fine.

@KitKat: Thats an interesting angle... something I would agree with I have to say. As I said before, you don't have to go into the middle of war zone to try and get away from biased propaganda, if that's what your trying to avoid.

Assertn
Tue, 01-03-2006, 06:01 PM
Many of the most famous and successful news reporters are the ones that dive right into battlefields....it's a risk that comes with the occupation if you want to have big ambitions in that career path. If that kid got a good scoop that many professional reporters couldn't, then his future will be set.

badass
Tue, 01-03-2006, 08:25 PM
Give me a break. If somebody starts a thread with the topic: "Is turkey good meat?", and somebody answers: "Turkey is fine, but chicken is better.", do you really think the second person spammed the thread with an irrelevant opinion, because 50% of his post concerned chicken?

A thread like this begs for serious consideration of common sense. But perhaps you are too badass for such opinions...

As KitKat said, I just don't see the point in debating hypothetical statements. You don't seem to understand what that is (judging from your "Is turkey good meat?" analogy), so I'll give you an example: it's like coming in last place in a race and then saying, "If I had run around the track much faster, I could've finished first." Pointless. Good job on using my nick against me though, I never imagined such wittiness could be humanly possible.

Originally posted by: KitKat
My thoughts on the issue: All issues of danger aside, I would never spend that much money on a school assignment. Seriously, that kid's parents must have good jobs. Who gives their kid that much money just to spend on whatever? I'm willing to bet that if he'd worked for that money himself, he never would have gone.

He didn't go to Iraq so he could get a good grade in his immersion journalism class. He went because he wanted to get a firsthand understanding of the situation there. The class inspired him to go, but it wasn't his incentive for going.

milfhunter
Wed, 01-04-2006, 05:01 AM
"Is turkey good meat?" "Turkey is fine, but chicken is better."I like chicken noodle soup with a turkey sandwich. Two birds with one stone, literally.

Man when I went to school I just wanted a bag that could carry my stuff, I didn't even have the concept of a designer bag... Well, aren't you special. Would you like a cookie or a designer bag?

On an unrelated note, I think that Kelly Clarkson had the best album of 2005.

(Considering that a majority of this thread consists of shit posts, I thought I'd try to blend in like the Hassan kid.)

For the contribution: It's not like Hassan was a spoiled kid. Of course, his parents were financially priviledged and were able to send him to a prep school. But if you just read the CNN article, you'll learn that he understands the value of a dollar because he argued with a Muslim cab driver about the fare for a ride to Baghdad. Shit is expensive in Florida so it must've taken him some measure of self-control to save that money up. Besides, don't be jealous that instead of buying a designer bag, some people actually use their money for gaining knowledge and making discoveries. He got to travel the world and has probably absorbed more culture and global views than we can imagine in our isolated corner of the internet on GotWoot. But anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if his money came from oil profits.

Kraco
Wed, 01-04-2006, 05:23 AM
As KitKat said, I just don't see the point in debating hypothetical statements. You don't seem to understand what that is (judging from your "Is turkey good meat?" analogy), so I'll give you an example: it's like coming in last place in a race and then saying, "If I had run around the track much faster, I could've finished first." Pointless. Good job on using my nick against me though, I never imagined such wittiness could be humanly possible.

Sorry about the nick. That's always out of line. However, your analogy isn't any better than mine. You don't risk losing your life on the track, nor do you spend thousands of dollars just to risk losing your life. You should think long enough to understand the normal reaction most people always have when they read a story like that.

People compare the things they read to their own experiences, values and opinions, and then judge the whole thing based on those factor. And statistically any random guy picked from the street would say what the dude did is pretty crazy. Now you say it wasn't crazy for Hassan himself, and that's probably true. But this forums isn't made of Hassan clones.

Man, this thread wasn't even started by you. But now you know that should you once start a similar thread, you can and should expect hypothetical posts. After all, as long as we all haven't experienced Iraq trips firsthand, hypothetical opinions are all we have got.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 01-04-2006, 09:30 AM
Q]Originally posted by: DB_Hunter
Man when I went to school I just wanted a bag that could carry my stuff, I didn't even have the concept of a designer bag... Well, aren't you special. Would you like a cookie or a designer bag?

On an unrelated note, I think that Kelly Clarkson had the best album of 2005.

(Considering that a majority of this thread consists of shit posts, I thought I'd try to blend in like the Hassan kid.)

For the contribution: It's not like Hassan was a spoiled kid. Of course, his parents were financially priviledged and were able to send him to a prep school. But if you just read the CNN article, you'll learn that he understands the value of a dollar because he argued with a Muslim cab driver about the fare for a ride to Baghdad. Shit is expensive in Florida so it must've taken him some measure of self-control to save that money up. Besides, don't be jealous that instead of buying a designer bag, some people actually use their money for gaining knowledge and making discoveries. He got to travel the world and has probably absorbed more culture and global views than we can imagine in our isolated corner of the internet on GotWoot. But anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if his money came from oil profits.[/quote]

Here's a helpful rule for you... don't speak unless your spoken to.

As for understanding the value of the dollar... I think his argument with the cabbie was some good old fashioned not-trying-to-get-ripped talk... something that's common in the Middle East.

As he said,

"In one day I probably spent like $250 on taxis," he said. "And they're so evil too, because they ripped me off, and when I wouldn't pay the ripped-off price they started threatening me. It was bad."

Being evil was surely the only explaination...

KitKat
Wed, 01-04-2006, 10:36 AM
Sorry, I wasn't trying to imply that Hassan was a spoiled kid. The point I was trying to make is that it's easy to spend your parents money. But when someone spends hours working for the money they have, they tend to think a little more carefully about how they spend it. When I was 16, I had maybe $1000 that I'd managed to save up by working on the farm. That money represented to me hours of picking strawberries, cutting and stacking wood, pulling weeds, etc. Spending all of it on a trip would have meant not having any spending money for small things like going out with my friends, and cleaning out my university fund. Who knows, maybe if Hassan were a farm kid like me in that situation, he still would have gone. If his convictions are that strong, all the more power to him. It probably means he'll be a great journalist.

By the way, does anyone know where to find the paper that Hassan wrote? I'd really like to read it.

In terms of going overseas and immersing yourself in another culture, I think that's something more people should do (not to Iraq, mind you, but any third world country works well). Too many people limit their world to their surroundings and see the rest of the world as an unreal place we hear stories about on the news. Once you've seen the poverty and suffering of what most of the earth's population endures on a daily basis, it's not so easy to be content with just getting by, playing video games, and watching anime. I hope Hassan doesn't just write about the things he saw, and stop with, "Wow, I'm so lucky to live in the US" but that he moves to, "What can I do to help the people I met?"

milfhunter
Wed, 01-04-2006, 04:17 PM
Yeah, you're right. If he had worked for that money, he would've been like, "fuck that shit. Where the hoes at." But now that you mention it, I realize that it probably goes further to speak in Hassan's favor that he didn't spend his parents' money to go on a trip to Amsterdam just so he can get laid, or a trip to Paris, or a trip to Greece, or Italy, or London, or whatever the hot spot is these days. I was born in a third-world country and I still don't want to visit it.

But anyway, you worked on a farm? That's so hot. I want to be a farmer. It's a thankless job and you live a humble, hardworking life, but you feed the world and get to feel good about what you do at the end of the day. Plus, if you're with a lady who likes to hit the hay, there's more than the field to plow.

Assertn
Wed, 01-04-2006, 04:21 PM
so double major in horticulture and pornography?

Carnage
Wed, 01-04-2006, 08:28 PM
I've been looking for the perfect picture for milfhunter.....
http://img315.imageshack.us/img315/9937/stfu500ib.th.jpg

Anyway, this kid is nuts. I mean, he probably did learn much more about the world, but I think he should've done this when he was a little older. He has to consider his parents and how scared shitless they must be (well, his mom anyway). I actually would admire this kids actions if he was older. But going as a 16 year old, thats just fucking nuts.

Edit: srry for the double post. Gotwoot said there was an error and so I didnt think my post went throughi/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Carnage
Wed, 01-04-2006, 08:30 PM
I've been looking for the perfect picture for milfhunter.....
http://img315.imageshack.us/img315/9937/stfu500ib.th.jpg

Anway, this kid is nuts. I might admire his actionsto learn more about the world if he was a little older. But going as a 16 year old alone is fucking nuts. He should've also considered his mom and how scared shitless she must be.

Deblas
Wed, 01-04-2006, 08:53 PM
Meh, he knew the risks involved. It was his freakin problem. Though It was a little to much for a school project. I say, let him wait two more years until he graduates and then he can risk his life all he wants since he'll be getting handsomely paid for it.

Carnage
Wed, 01-04-2006, 09:36 PM
Who knows, maybe if its still wartime he'll go again when he becomes a journalist.

milfhunter
Thu, 01-05-2006, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
so double major in horticulture and pornography?Dude, hell yeah. I'm going to immerse myself in that shit. My new pickup line is going to be, "Do you want to get immersed in? 'Cuz I will go Hassan on you. I'll give your desert some wetness."

But anyway, God#2 swears he's hardcore. He's only 14 years old. Maybe he should wait a couple of years before he tries anything too dangerous, like getting into a flame war with me. Here's the perfect picture for God#2:

http://www.hereinreality.com/hannity/douchebag.jpg

Edit: Come to think of it, that's the perfect picture for God#2's friends too: DB_Hunter, and especially Kraco (who thinks he's motherfucking Darwin). Kraco thinks that people like Hassan need to be in the minority for the survival of mankind. So, apparently, he thinks that we should adapt by not adapting. Interesting. And as for DB_Hunter, he likes to drop helpful hints like "don't speak unless you're spoken too", but somewhere along the line he forgot that this is a forum. Brilliant.

badass
Thu, 01-05-2006, 08:46 AM
He didn't go to Iraq so he could get a good grade in his immersion journalism class. He went because he wanted to get a firsthand understanding of the situation there. The class inspired him to go, but it wasn't his incentive for going.
I quoted myself because I still see people saying shit like: "He's crazy to go that far for a class assignment." He didn't go for a class assignment. I can't make it any clearer than that.

@Kraco: I was just giving you an example of a hypothetical statement. I wasn't trying to make an analogy.

Terracosmo
Thu, 01-05-2006, 11:32 AM
Although it is pretty amusing, I'm gonna have to ask you guys to cut down on the flaming and get back on-topic.

This here be a warning yarr.

Carnage
Thu, 01-05-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Although it is pretty amusing, I'm gonna have to ask you guys to cut down on the flaming and get back on-topic.

This here be a warning yarr.

Dam, now I cant make fun of the farmer. Oh well, backon topic then: This kid is going to turn into one hell of a crazy journalist when he grows up. He'll probably be useful when the U.S. goes to war with another country if it happens anytime soon (not that I'm hoping for one of course).