PDA

View Full Version : TV: 24

Pages : 1 [2]

KitKat
Tue, 03-13-2007, 07:59 AM
It's strange how quickly Lennox went from being the bad guy to being the good guy, and now kindof the bad guy again since he went through with lying to the ambassador. The vice president is so annoying he makes me want to bang my head against the wall. He has no scruples at all.

I also found it somewhat amusing that the Russian president essentially gave the US permission to kill their soldiers and citizens at the embassy.

Munsu
Tue, 03-13-2007, 10:10 AM
Indeed, I was thinking "Damn, that Russian president has to be crazy. A lot of innocent soldiers are going to die for nothing". I would've thought that he would've insisted on CTU announcing that they were going to attack and that they are under orders of the Russian president and that they are free to lay down their weapons.

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 03-13-2007, 12:29 PM
God I wish Wayne would just die. Worst character on this damn show ever.

rockmanj
Tue, 03-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Geez, he wasnt even in the show. i dont think hes that bad...

Mr. Roboto
Tue, 03-13-2007, 06:33 PM
Was it just me or was ex-president Logan trying to get Martha to do something like that? It seemed like he was egging her on knowing that she's a lunatic and something was bound to happen. He kept pressing the situation. The only rationale that I can come up with is he has a plan to get himself out of house arrest.

Mike Doyle (Rick Schroeder) looks like he is going to be taking over Curtis' position. It seems like he's an alpha male so I expect him and Jack to butt heads during the rest of this season.

darkmetal505
Tue, 03-13-2007, 07:17 PM
Charles's intentions were unclear, but I did not expect him to be stabbed. The Vice-President is an idiot. Telling the ambassador that the US will strike is a really bad way going about the situation. As always, there is a mole inside CTU. I don't even want to guess this time.

Munsu
Tue, 03-13-2007, 08:12 PM
Wait, how did you gather that there was a mole in CTU? I don't remember it being alluded to during the episode.

darkmetal505
Tue, 03-13-2007, 08:29 PM
Wait, how did you gather that there was a mole in CTU? I don't remember it being alluded to during the episode.

It was in the next episode preview. Chole found their data being routed to the Russians or something.

edit:

here's the episode 14 preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfOMfzY9wio

Munsu
Tue, 03-13-2007, 09:09 PM
I don't think they're going to put a mole in CTU. I think this is just a good hacking job, or maybe it has to do with when CTU gave control of their satellites or something to the terrorists in the first episode.

masamuneehs
Tue, 03-13-2007, 09:22 PM
i thought it was horrible that they brought Martha Logan back and she snapped like that. i know the bitch has some problems, but i did not think she was that far gone. Logan deserves to die, but not like that.

that Doyle guy will be annoying. But Jack should just serve him his shit sideways and cold and go rogue like he always does. Who really has the right to try to command Jack Bauer? In fact, he should just become the goddamn president of the U.S. already. That would solve all the problems. I say his resume makes even Eisenhower's look lame.

Wayne Palmer may be portrayed by a subpar actor, but I'd take him back over that Daniels shithead in a moment. I hope Karen Hayes' coming back is fast and fierce. Tom Lennox reverted to eating his own feces once again, such a shame too, since he was beginning to look like he had a spine, or at least was trying to grow one.

The Russian president's move was almost too convienent. I don't think anyone could, in good conscience, have his own men killed like that. Would it really have taken so long for him to get on a megaphone (transmitting from Moscow) and order his men to stand down? So much needless death.

could have used some more Jack Bauer creeping and hiding in the consulate. he was particularly fierce this time, praying on a couple (girl as hostage = awesome) in a secluded room. i think that Russian guy (horrible friendly fire by those Russian soldiers btw) brought her down there so they could fool around, and Jack couldn't have asked for a better opportunity. I still think he'd have been found. I mean, an hour is a terribly long time to stay hidden from all those Ruskies.

edit - I don't watch episode previews precisely because they give away this kind of info... but, now that it's got my brain spinning, I can't but help remember that DOD or some protocol from some government jack-off restricted Nadia (hot Muslim chick!) and Milo bent some rules, gave her access on his credentials or something like that. If there is suspicion of a mole, and Doyle (or anyone) starts digging, I think both Milo and Nadia could be in a lot of trouble. I know this is in no way suggested, but I just have a heavy hunch that's what's going to happen.

Munsu
Mon, 03-19-2007, 09:39 PM
About tonight's episode:

I thought it was OK. So Audrey is dead, I don't know why but I have a feeling that she isn't, seems like it was setup or something. They better not ruin Nadia's pretty face.

rockmanj
Tue, 03-20-2007, 11:18 AM
geez, the vp is a real jackass...hes gonna start WW3 unless wayne wakes up.

masamuneehs
Tue, 03-20-2007, 03:48 PM
24 is getting a little out of hand. i know they are trying to keep it fresh and exciting, but the show's so far out there now... it's simply impossible to relate to it like you could back in the first couple of seasons. it's always been dramatic, overly so, but the whole "america under constant attack" just is too alien for me to digest.

and, in light of that, all the characters' actions seem totally out of line, especially the VP. He's obviously the real bad guy here... Tom Lennox eats shit too.

i knew that sharing access with Nadia was going to come back.

oh, and who the fuck gave Doyle his own name card in the intro? When that happened me and all my friends went nuts. Little piece of shit is on for one episode and he gets a name card? I don't know what kind of contract that Gerber Baby signed with Fox, but I don't like that a new character comes in like that... trying to boss Jack around too...

darkmetal505
Tue, 03-20-2007, 04:57 PM
When they invaded the Russian embassy last episode, it was dusky outside. Immediately at the beginning of this episode, it was dark. Seems like a tiny time lapse. The VP is an idiot. Seriously, why would anyone come up with such an idea?

So Nadia was giving info to the Russian dude? Or did he somehow hack into the mainframe and set Nadia's computer to relay information to him?

Yukimura
Wed, 03-21-2007, 12:57 AM
I figure Milo is the mole, but that seems fairly obvious, since Nadia being the mole is WAY too easy. Maybe there's a third party or something, but chances are they'll try to act like it isn't clearly Milo until it comes ot that it is.

And contrary to the opinions of most of you I think the VP's idea is great. I've always wanted a show to address a nuclear attack exacted upon one of America's non-nuclear enemies i.e. some random middle eastern country or someone. Hopefully they won;t be able to wake up Palmer in time to mess up my fun, though that idea is also dumb b/c (I believe) according to the constitution the Cabinet and/or the VP have to agree that an injured President who's back on his feet is once again fit enough for duty. I don't think being popped out of a coma for ten minutes before crashing would satifsfy most of them and thus his opinion wouldn't be able to stop the VP anyway. Unfortunately 24 is fact checked by a team of monkeys supervised by a meth addict so they' might try to pull something stupid like that to screw up my war.

rockmanj
Wed, 03-21-2007, 12:58 AM
For some reason, i think Milo may be the traitor, or he was working with Nadia. He seemed awfully guilt ridden when Nadia got apprehended.

masamuneehs
Wed, 03-21-2007, 01:14 AM
yuki are you seriously in favor of VP Daniels' plan? I mean, we the viewers KNOW Assad and that country were trying to come to peace with the U.S., not fight against them. Who do you think gave Wayne's assassins (Reed and Carson) the orders to kill him? I think it was the same guy who is so set on pinning the blame on Assad, Daniels. Why? Cuz he's an evil sumabitch.

would you seriously approve of the U.S. making a nuclear strike on a country that was not able to retaliate in kind, simply cuz they couldn't control some of their people? i think that's ludicrous.

rockmanj
Wed, 03-21-2007, 01:25 AM
Well, if that happens, It'll make the U.S. into the bad guy (and then art will imitate life, but i digress...), but im sure that wont happen. Maybe daneils will have a heart attack or something

Yukimura
Wed, 03-21-2007, 01:31 AM
@masa: I want the nuclear strike enough to allow for the unfairness of the situation. I do think the VP is a dick and I do think he is completely wrong in his reasoning; however, I still want my nuclear attack, b/c I think that it would be interesting to see something like that portrayed.

I don't think that the kind of absolute 'right or wrong' ideas that make nuclear weapons something that should never ever be used have a realistic place in policy. I think countries shouldn't nuke others when there is no point to it or when it would trigger their own downfall, but not because it's 'morally reprehensible' (Though I will admit it pretty much is morally reprehensible to use strategic nukes).

rockmanj
Tue, 03-27-2007, 11:15 AM
About the last episode: Very heartwarming...the mentally challenged brother saves the day... :-\. But all in all, it was alright, especially Milo being rough with nadia!! I didnt see that coming at all, as i thought he was equipped with ovaries. The action was ok, and Wayne finally woke up; but the VP is still a dick, and he's probably gonna be like brady in a few years...oh well.

Mr. Roboto
Tue, 03-27-2007, 12:52 PM
i thought it was a decent episode. the first half was kind of boring but things got better towards the end.

the vice president is hell bent on using nukes. the conversation between him and the doctor was pretty good.

masamuneehs
Tue, 03-27-2007, 01:07 PM
The ten most confusind seconds in an episode of 24 were the whole thing with that Tech guy giving Doyle the chip, then trying to turn him, Milo attacking Doyle, Morris defending Doyle. It just happened so fast... They could have dragged that out for at least an episode, but I'm glad they didn't.

Doyle seems to "be a good guy" now, but I still hate his guts. I was especially pissed at the part where Jack tells him they're leaving the Russian drone control location to find the programmer and Doyle is like "I'm staying here". Seriously dude, you run point. You don't get paid to put shit in little plastic bags or unearth people's harddrives, you are paid to be the first motherfucker in that door. So when somebody says "Let's go", you say "Shotgun". Fucking Gerber baby...

Nadia is way too good for Milo. That's a waste of hot pussy.

the vice president is hell bent on using nukes. the conversation between him and the doctor was pretty good.
i thought that was the best part of the episode. That doc showed some serious balls.

Masa's Award for Surprisingly Best Character of the Episode goes to:
Charlie Team Sniper.

Did you see how awesomely fast that guy fired after the retard bro finally ducked? It was like instant "dart in your neck!" Now that is the guy I want covering me on field ops.

rockmanj
Tue, 03-27-2007, 01:23 PM
wow...some one needs some quaaludes...but, yea it was pretty exciting. And i forgot about that johnson guy. What the hell was his deal? His actions made no sense.
And, yea Nadia is too hot for milo; even though she's a Mexican posing as an Arab. I wonder why they couldnt find a hot middle eastern chick to play that role...
(not that im complaining)

Mr. Roboto
Tue, 03-27-2007, 03:18 PM
The ten most confusind seconds in an episode of 24 were the whole thing with that Tech guy giving Doyle the chip, then trying to turn him, Milo attacking Doyle, Morris defending Doyle. It just happened so fast... They could have dragged that out for at least an episode, but I'm glad they didn't.

That tech guy confused me to. At first he was acting like he was going to cover for Doyle and be friends with him. I think he said something like, "You covered me in Denver, now I'm paying the favor back." Then he tries to get Doyle in trouble for concealing evidence. Doyle doesn't seem like the kind of guy that you want to piss off, especially if your in the tech department. I think Chloe is the only one that he hasn't ruffed up yet.

Munsu
Wed, 03-28-2007, 08:52 AM
That's because Chloe has the protection of the great Bauer... And Doyle doesn't dare mess with Bauer. With all the badass talk and him being a jerk, I wouldn't be surprise if Doyle has a ammount of respect and admiration for Bauer, I think that's why we won't see them bump heads much during the season. I think they would've by now concidering their personalities.

Doyle seems to follow rules and protocol very strictly though, and that will surely cause some annimosity between him and Bauer when the time comes to bend the rules. What I find refreshing this season is the ammount of support people are giving Jack, and they are not doubting his instincts as much. If it were any other season, Jack would still be running around with the converted terrorist by himself.

Yukimura
Wed, 03-28-2007, 09:34 AM
I guess after 5 different crises where they should have just listened to Jack in the first place CTU has finally realized they should just abdicate to him.

However, sometimes Jack does have bad ideas, like the retarded brother...that was a terrible idea. They should have just waited for the Russian, shot out his tires and gassed the truck with something that would put him under for a few minutes.

Yukimura
Tue, 04-03-2007, 07:28 AM
Yes! I think they might actually drop the hammer this time/ I can barely believ that Wayne did what he did, especially since my roomate predicted it ten minutes before he gave the order.

However, as awesome launching the nuke was, it doesn't excuse the travesty that was the first half of this episode. A romance drama 24 is not, and there was quite a bit of sappy Love-Love dialogue and semi emo nonsense going on. I was really ready for Jack to shoot someone during most of the first half, but Gredenko's actions as well as the President's did manage to put the show somewhat back on trask by the end.

masamuneehs
Tue, 04-03-2007, 08:20 AM
not a good episode.

The whole "Let's use our bastardized for TV 25th Ammendment to impeach the President!" story line was weak the first time they used it, and it sucks again here. The crap with Milo and Nadia is boring. Not enough Jack Bauer.

I don't understand Gradhenkho. Did he know his deal was a fake? Why go get your arm cut off, a fatal wound, then betray the people you just gave up your arm for, then run away from all possible medical aid?

I also didn't understand Wayne's using the nukes for a bit. I mean, aside from being a power-grab, it wasted a shit ton of time and man power. But, when I really think about it, the decision isn't his fault. It's Tom Lennox's fault.

If Lennox had come out and told him that Assad's "assassination" was actually set up by people in the U.S., then Wayne would probably still want to work down diplomatic channels. As it is now, he believes the Ambassador was in on the assassination with Assad and that there is nobody in that country (that he can find) who wants to reach a peaceful accord. The only person who could have righted this situation is Lennox.

itadakimasu
Tue, 04-03-2007, 11:25 AM
kind of slow episode i thought. Since they caught the main villian.... and the russian gredanko is dead; who will be the new villian.. or will it turn into all out nuclear holocaust?

and on a lighter note, jack seems to be handling himself pretty well for a horribly wounded person being stabbed shot and blown up and kicked around in the past day and he's still running around without a sign of fatigue.

Mr. Roboto
Tue, 04-03-2007, 11:53 AM
this was a puzzling episode. first, lennox somehow grew some balls and stood up to the vice president. not only that, but he got him pretty good with the hidden transmitter. i thought the vice president was going to beat up lennox and destroy the recording.

secondly, doyle showed some compassion and even bent the rules. i couldn't believe that he would cover for mylo, but i guess he explained his reasons pretty good. it seems doyle is only interested in getting the job as best he can.

last, what is wayne doing? he would have been better off letting the vice president fire the nuke and let him take the blame for it. now wayne is going to be put under the frying pan for his decision, if he manages to keep his blood pressure under control and not die. also, like masamuneehs said, if lennox had told the truth in the first place this could have been avoided.

best line of the show was jack saying, "show me your head" during the shootout.

rockmanj
Wed, 04-04-2007, 10:52 AM
kind of slow episode i thought. Since they caught the main villian.... and the russian gredanko is dead; who will be the new villian.. or will it turn into all out nuclear holocaust?

and on a lighter note, jack seems to be handling himself pretty well for a horribly wounded person being stabbed shot and blown up and kicked around in the past day and he's still running around without a sign of fatigue.

Jack Bauer doesent get tired, hungry, or have to use the bathroom when terrorism is afoot!!! I thought everyone knew that...

Munsu
Mon, 04-09-2007, 08:58 PM
Ok tonight's episode was fucking awesome... if any of you disagree then you're completely retarded and should stop posting here.

Spoilers below:

I told you fuckers she was still alive, now we'll see Jack in a one man army mission. Next episode is going to be insane.

rockmanj
Mon, 04-09-2007, 09:01 PM
HOLY SHIT...that was a brutal, manly fight...im glad Fayed didnt go out like a little bitch (but jack is crazy, hanging near a truck axel). And speaking of bitches, Audrey?? really?? the best thing she did was die, and didnt even do that right.

Mr. Roboto
Mon, 04-09-2007, 09:02 PM
Ok tonight's episode was fucking awesome... if any of you disagree then you're completely retarded and should stop posting here.

Spoilers below:

I told you fuckers she was still alive, now we'll see Jack in a one man army mission.

oh my god, you are so right. jack just went apeshit on the terrorists. the last ten minutes were absolutely amazing. the fake nuke was a great plan for the president. the fake convoy to take out jack and doyle was a good idea although it backfired. best episode of the season.

darkmetal505
Mon, 04-09-2007, 10:01 PM
Fayed vs Jack is why I watch 24. Somehow I knew China would com back into play this season, and Audrey being dead wasn't feeling that plausible either.

masamuneehs
Mon, 04-09-2007, 11:20 PM
fucking awesome... if any of you disagree then you're completely retarded
Nuff said.

the fake nuke was a great plan for the president. the fake convoy to take out jack and doyle was a good idea although it backfired.
I agree with you on the first one. It may have been a bit heavy handed for my personal liking, but it was effective and, most importantly, nobody got hurt.

The Ruse with the crash and the ambush was sheer genius. When it happened, I OMFG'd all over myself. I mean, random common-day mess ups like that don't happen often in 24, and I was shocked by it. I totally fell for it, believed the terrorists were rescuing him. I cheered when Doyle got shot, but it wasn't until Jack got up so fast that I understood that it had been a setup. Whoever came up with that plan should get a promotion.

I told you fuckers she was still alive
Well called Bud. I think it would have made a good premise for an entire Season (all Jack in the field, finally out of LA and less CTU drama crap), but it's good that they incorporated it into the end.

and finally, how about some more love for Wayne Bluffing with Balls as Big as Chipmunks Palmer? That stroke must have given him a pair of testicles (or rather, it was the adrenaline... we should keep our presidents spiked up all the time) and I was finally very impressed with his character. However, the epitome of the episode had to be this:

Muslim Ambassador: "We have started interrogation, but he is proving uncooperative."
Karen Hayes: "Have you tried to be more persuasive?" (<--- from her??)
Muslim Ambassador: "We're trying."
Wayne Palmer: "We don't have time for you to dick around with that assclown! Don't you have any leverage?"
Muslim Ambassador: "Well, we do have his family in custody."
Wayne Palmer: "Have you tried threatening to kill them yet?"

Yukimura
Tue, 04-10-2007, 12:11 AM
Wow!!!!! That was AWESOME! Everything was on point and full of suspense. I don't even care that I didn't get my nuclear strike, the fact that Wayne was tearing around like a political Jack Bauer was more than worth it. I also didn't think the whole plot would get resolved this early but if you notice, everyone was doing everything Jack said, and as the old adage goes "If everyone did what Jack Bauer did the show would be called 2".

And the Fayed fight and ending was excellent!

itadakimasu
Tue, 04-10-2007, 09:17 AM
I thought it was kind of weird for the nuke plot to climax at this point... now i'm wondering if maybe palmer gave the chinese audrey in exchange for jack? 7 more eps.... its getting good. only bad part is that we know jack isn't going to die because he's signed on for at least a few more seasons haha

Knives122
Tue, 04-10-2007, 06:59 PM
I told you fuckers she was still alive, now we'll see Jack in a one man army mission. Next episode is going to be insane.

Well it was prety obvious, every season has had two parts to it and they really didn't have much to go on for the second part(they didn't want a repeat of last season with the main story being the government is evil).

And seeing how that woman's other show tanked they pretty much had no choice but to make that the second part of the season.

Mr. Roboto
Tue, 04-24-2007, 11:13 AM
so when audrey was talking to jack on the phone she was alright, but when she actually sees jack she turns into a scared little girl?

that's tough for buchanan to be out like that. i really liked him. i wonder if he's done with the show for good or if he will come back, maybe as a head of a private security team or something.

i guess doyle missed the memo that was posted on here. if you leave jack alone to do his thing, eveything will work out faster and better.

masamuneehs
Tue, 04-24-2007, 05:16 PM
amnesia/mental trauma = gay plot device

i'm sorely disappointed that that's all they can do with Audrey. Way to waste a good character...

Mike "Gerber baby" Doyle fucked up big time. Morris is a whiny bitch

Munsu
Tue, 04-24-2007, 05:53 PM
How can mental trauma be a gay plot devise, I want to see how you would fare being turtured or whatever by these Chinese people.

Even the great Jack Bauer had trouble adjusting, given he probably went through a bigger hell, but you can't even begin to compare Audrey's strength with Jack's.

Genma
Tue, 04-24-2007, 06:07 PM
God, I really, really hate having mental trauma used as a plot device. I hated it in the Berserk manga (although not as much), and giving Audrey it on 24 just plain pissed me off.

I don't know if I'll continue watching this particular season. It should've ended with Fayed and Gredenko dying... but no... they had to entwine the stupid chinese plot.

Munsu
Tue, 04-24-2007, 06:29 PM
See, but Caska is under different circumstances... we don't know what the show will do with Audrey yet.

Not to spoil much, but Caska's situation would've been fine if they didn't drag it as long as they have already.

I myself hate emotional trama plots too, but I'm not going to start complaining about something we don't know where it's heading. I just hate it when people start complaining about the smallest stuff in an episode, and then being proved wrong in subsequent episodes on how the correct course of action was taken.

It has happened plenty, you guys are judging too prematurely the circumstances... now if by a couple of episodes after the fact, if you still feel that the course of action taken was lame then say so then and I'll respect that opinion, but please give the benefit of the doubt because these 24 writers have been consistently good for six seasons and I think they've earned it.

Anyways, I loved how Jack told Doyle "Why the hell didn't you listen to me? I had things handled" Until you fucked it up of course.

If I were Jack I would've simply used the detonator before giving or even showing the device too the Chinese guy. But that would've meant the end of Jack Bauer so of course we couldn't have that.

Yukimura
Tue, 04-24-2007, 11:13 PM
It has happened plenty, you guys are judging too prematurely the circumstances... now if by a couple of episodes after the fact, if you still feel that the course of action taken was lame then say so then and I'll respect that opinion, but please give the benefit of the doubt because these 24 writers have been consistently good for six seasons and I think they've earned it.

The stories have been great, but it's still hard to forgive: Binary Encoded Chips, Machine Coded Matricies, and the latest technical advisory failure; Defragable Huffman Keys. And those are only two seasons worth.

itadakimasu
Thu, 04-26-2007, 01:16 PM
ok.. i had to google it up. april 2006 keifer signs on for 3 more years @ 40 million. so.. unless they're going to run a spin off of jack bauers roots, he's staying alive.

one thing i liked about this episode is that it ended with jack back in ctu custody and so there is no telling how next weeks episode will turn out.

*and hopefully i will not have annoying co-workers give me spoilers after i've told them that i didn't watch it on monday*

Munsu
Mon, 04-30-2007, 04:34 AM
This post will contain information from the previews, so don't read if you don't like discussing previews...

I was watching the preview for the next episode, and I noticed a blonde chick making out with someone... at first I thought it was Jack with Audrey, but watching it again, it seems that it's the Vice-President's bitch making out with Chad Lowe... so maybe she's the traitor and the mastermind behind Palmer's attempt.

masamuneehs
Mon, 04-30-2007, 09:18 PM
That dumb blonde hoe... she got played like a game of Minesweeper on an otherwise barren and fun-free office computer. And played by the Russians too, so not related to the Palmer hit at all (as it seems at this time)

Amnesia is lame.

Doyle tried to be cool. He's totally got it for Nadia (can't blame the man) and actually seeing the big picture, that Jack Bauer is always right.

Also, how does this episode end without anybody knowing where Chloe is? Especially since the Chinese make a big point about 'we need someone to reprogram the device'
. I mean, I don't watch the episode previews because they give away a quarter of the next episode, but I can already tell you tha
t she got kidnapped...

well i was totally wrong about Chloe. The evil father returns... Those merc troops were the bomb. Fucking enemies use the sewers every time!!! nonbody's posted on this episode yet?

edit - fuck you all. Milo's getting cold and the stench from his vacated bowels is beginning to stink up CTU, but nobody's discussing this episode? Bitch got shot for that hoe!

Yukimura
Tue, 05-08-2007, 11:25 AM
Milo really got owned hard. I saw him looking all pathetic on What Women Want a few nights ago, maybe it was a sign. Anyway, I''m getting a bit tired of CTU getting invaded or attacked every season, though at least they tried to justify it with the 'security's been h@x0r'd defense' and how does Jack's dad know so much about CTU security systems?

But anyway, I'm sensing Jack will finger his crazy dad for this and then somehow find him and lead an assault to ruin lives like he always does in the final episodes.

Genma
Thu, 05-10-2007, 08:37 PM
How is CTU so easily breached? Plus, I mean... seriously, after all that shit they went through with the tear gas a while back, why the hell would they keep it in the same location?

Also: 24 is starting to suck hard in my opinion. I haven't been even remotely satisfied with an episode this season since the nuke went off. Well, Fayed's death was pretty cool, but...

No. I don't think I'm ever going to watch this show again.

rockmanj
Sat, 05-12-2007, 08:24 AM
What i dont understand is how the secretary of defene blames Jack for what happened, when Jack was abducted against his will by the Chinese, had no plan to return to the US alive, and furthermore, saved his daughter...its just a little too dramatic for my tastes these days...

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 05-13-2007, 01:55 AM
What i dont understand is how the secretary of defene blames Jack for what happened, when Jack was abducted against his will by the Chinese, had no plan to return to the US alive, and furthermore, saved his daughter...its just a little too dramatic for my tastes these days...

That parallels the whole situation with Buchanan getting shitcanned in the middle of a huge crisis just because he had to take the blame for releasing Fayed years ago (instead of circumventing the law, racially profiling an Arab and illegally keeping him detained for an extended period of time, which they clearly expected him to do) and he had to be kicked out at a time like that? Just over the top sometimes.

Yukimura
Sun, 05-13-2007, 02:12 PM
It does make sense politically though, since after any crisis the media, and thus people, tend to believe that if they can see something with their 20/20 hindsight then the person in charge should have been able to see it before it happened.

When all the crap of the day is done and people find out that Fyed was in custody and released they won't care that there was no evidence, b/c they will already know that he was a terrorist and hindsight will tell them that if someone was revealed to be a terrorist today and it couldn't be proven 2 years ago then whoever was investigating is a total failure and shouldn't be in charge of anything no matter the situation.

rockmanj
Sun, 05-13-2007, 09:20 PM
I see what you mean, but that didnt mean that Buchanan needed to be fired in the middle of an operation. I'm sure another 4 or 5 hours would not have mattered, since the media wasnt inside of CTU.

masamuneehs
Tue, 05-22-2007, 09:48 AM
well it's officially over for Day 6 and I'll honestly say I truly feel that they squandered it. They had some excellent plot elements set up for this season and failed to convert them into successes on the screen:

Jack "came back in" far too quickly for my liking, only showing minimal after-effects of his torture and captivity. CTU melodrama revolved around Milo and Morris, nuff said there. (chloe was good as ever though). Jack's evil brother and his storyline, connected to the most shocking event of last season (Palmer's death) just faded away. Phillip Bauer, badass extreme for most of this season, died uselessly trying to get his whipper-snapper grandson to China? Lame.

They hastily dealt with BXJ and the Palmer hit and it's still not clear to me what went on there or what to think about it... Also never resolved who tried to kill Wayne Palmer, never resolved Tom Lennox's knowing about it (he gets my nod for best emerging new character of the season, btw), left Fayed's death uncorrected, rushed everything with Audrey and Jack and had a lackluster, quasi-resolution of the overarching nemisis China plotline.

Masa's grade: C-. Tolerable because of some Jack Bauer badass shit (biting head off, plastic bag torture, Russian consulate), Phil Buchanon becoming an awesome Almeda, Nadia being hot, Wayne Palmer actually being cool for 30 minutes out of the day and a Washington storyline that was cliche but pretty cool. Lose massive points on the "extreme threat" nature of the day (always "nuclear strike", "world war three" or "war with Russia"), killing off Curtis (that really was useless) and rushing the end and trying to cover too much ground in the last 5 hours.

itadakimasu
Tue, 05-29-2007, 01:14 PM
Another season come and gone. There have been better seasons, but it was not too bad. I didn't like the way they brought in the chinese plot w\ the chip most of the way through the season... im sure china has much more resources than to try to steal something like that from america. Im not sure i liked the way they ended the season...

I do like the fact that there is going to be a next season and the plot line is going to be an absolute surprise... hopefully they will keep the same schedule next year to keep it together with prison break.

rockmanj
Thu, 05-31-2007, 02:10 AM
i hope that nadia isnt director next season, cuase she managed to fuck up at every turn...worst.ctu director.ever. Ive been talking about this with my friends, and we figure that jack should fight the US, since they do nothing but use him and throw him away. he could be like solid snake, but more bad ass, since he doesent have all that futuristic technology (he can use the infamous "bite the neck fatality move!")

Munsu
Sun, 07-29-2007, 06:50 AM
Comic-Con '07: 24 Panel

It contains some spoilers for the upcoming season and in general, but nothing really we can't handle. Read at your own risk, it's pretty good:
http://www.tv.com/story/9952.html?tag=story_list;title;0

Munsu
Wed, 09-19-2007, 05:06 PM
Just in case, there are a couple of new articles going around the internet. They contain heavy spoilers so I advice against reading them. Seriously, I read them and now I regret it.

itadakimasu
Wed, 09-19-2007, 07:33 PM
i haven't googled yet but i remember 24 starting in january last time... so still a while to go. lol and i'm not trying to remember events of the last season.

Munsu
Thu, 10-25-2007, 10:32 PM
Well, the season 7 trailer is out, and it looks great. Just a fair warning... IT CONTAINS HUGE SPOILERS. So view at your own risk. I will not allow any discussion on the contents of the trailer. You've been warned:
http://www.24trailer.com/

rockmanj
Fri, 10-26-2007, 12:47 AM
:o that's not fair...

Yukimura
Fri, 10-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Awesome, but 24 always makes itself look awesome in trailers and season 5 was very much not awesome. However the plot looks promising, and significantly better than than last season, plus they're setting it in DC so I'll be able to poke fun at the geographical absurdities of the show in addition to the technical ones.

Munsu
Fri, 10-26-2007, 02:18 PM
Awesome, but 24 always makes itself look awesome in trailers and season 5 was very much not awesome. However the plot looks promising, and significantly better than than last season, plus they're setting it in DC so I'll be able to poke fun at the geographical absurdities of the show in addition to the technical ones.

I thought season 5 was good, season 6 was the dissapointing one for me, even though I still liked it. The writers themselves said that season 6 was bad and that it was their fault, that they were making shit up as the season went along. This time they say they took the time to plan out the whole season, and the episodes should flow more smoother. I do like the setting in DC, Kim should be in DC right?

Genma
Sun, 10-28-2007, 10:06 PM
Next season looks cliche as all hell. Seeing as season 6 left me with a desire to stop watching, I'm really hoping that the "let's bring protagonist B back, turn him into an antagonist and have Jack go against his own friend" storyline isn't as bad as my first impression.

Yukimura
Mon, 10-29-2007, 02:43 PM
Whoops, replace the above 5 with a 6, I was talking about last season where it ended several episodes early and they filled the rest of the time with random crap about Jack's dad being a psycho.

rockmanj
Wed, 11-14-2007, 10:45 AM
I hope you all know that 24 has been delayed indefinitely http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117975552.html?categoryid=2821&cs=1

Munsu
Wed, 11-14-2007, 12:02 PM
Wonder if Kiefer will find a way to go to jail and serve his sentence while the strike is on, instead of serving it during the season.

rockmanj
Wed, 11-14-2007, 01:39 PM
http://www.tv.com/24/show/3866/story/10295.html?tag=story_list;title;0

itadakimasu
Mon, 12-03-2007, 09:09 AM
you know... this makes my mind up about the whole writers strike thing. I dont watch much tv. but I do watch 24 and it pisses me off that come january when it should be showing, it wont.

These *insert explatives* are only hurting the people that actually give them a job, the viewers... they're not hurting the tv stations that pay them they are only pissing off loyal viewers that want to watch their damn shows!!!

Yukimura
Mon, 12-03-2007, 11:30 AM
I think that viewers being angry hurts the TV stations plenty. Unless you and millions of other 24 fans plan to dedicate yourselves to watching whatever crap FOX decides to put on instead of 24 to spite the strikers they are going to feel this in ratings dips.

And why do you come down on the writers when the studios could probably end the strike just as easily by caving. Sure the studios are more important than the writers in aggregate, but if the argument is the fans are what's important then the studios should want to make the fans happy and get their shows back on track by appeasing the writers. I think until someone starts to feel the burn financially they won't be able to come to an agreement then there simply won't be scripted TV and that will be that.

Munsu
Sat, 02-16-2008, 07:28 PM
Alright, no fucking 24 for a year, this fucking sucks. Thanks writters, we appreciate your efforts to fatten your wallets:
http://www.tv.com/story/10865.html

Well, here's some good news:

The producers of 24 on Wednesday began securing cast members for a two-hour movie that will air in the fall and bridge the prolonged, strike-induced gap between Seasons 6 and 7. The "prequel," as the Reporter is terming it, will effectively set the stage for the show's January 2009 return.

What's the title going to be, "2"?

Production on the Washington, D.C.-based Season 7, which had eight episodes in the can before the work stoppage hit, will resume in April.

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/24-Returns-Fall/800035012

Munsu
Thu, 05-15-2008, 02:33 PM
Alright, the prequel movie to Day 7 has a airing date. It'll come out on November 23, and it'll take place in South Africa.

Oh yeah — 24! Fox has set a Nov. 23 air date for the two-hour movie that will bridge the gap between Days 6 and 7. Filmed partially on location in South Africa, the "prequel" finds Jack Bauer battling an international crisis (yea!), while back home, the United States prepares to inaugurate a new president.

"We're excited about the prequel because it explores Jack's complex emotional state of mind and still has all the signature excitement and suspense that fans have come to expect from 24," says executive producer Howard Gordon. "Shooting in South Africa affirms everyone’s commitment to making this season especially memorable for our fans."

The plan for Day 7, which was first detailed many months and one long strike ago, seems rather intact, with all of the new or returning cast members still on board.

Not linking the article, as it contains some spoilers for Day 7.

So what do you guys think... this a good idea? What do you think it's going to be the format? 2 hours = 2 hours in Jack's world?

itadakimasu
Thu, 06-19-2008, 11:05 PM
I just watched a ''season 7 sneak peek" that was in the extras section of the Jumper DVD i rented...

CTU is gone? Jack on his own? somebody has taken over air traffic control?

and then unlike the recent commercials i've seen for prison break and terminator, there was no date since its likely 2009.

Munsu
Wed, 08-06-2008, 11:01 AM
Well, here's a bit of John Rambo...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6HMfyvU9H8

itadakimasu
Tue, 09-30-2008, 01:43 PM
Finally saw an ad last night for the 2 hour special...

my wife was like "who is jack bauer?"
i didn't bother to tell her that i made her watch the first few eps long time ago

Munsu
Tue, 09-30-2008, 02:49 PM
Finally saw an ad last night for the 2 hour special...

my wife was like "who is jack bauer?"
i didn't bother to tell her that i made her watch the first few eps long time ago
Made her watch the first few episodes? Are you completely nuts? You HAVE to make her watch 6 seasons worth of Jack Bauer godness.

Munsu
Sun, 11-23-2008, 11:33 AM
Friendly reminder.... Jack Bauser returns tonight for one night, a two-hour movie airing at 8pm EST. Don't miss it.

lilphatboi88
Mon, 11-24-2008, 01:27 AM
I won't. I'm gonna have to catch up on all this 24.

Munsu
Mon, 11-24-2008, 12:47 PM
So, no one watched it last night? I thought it was a great prequel to enter the next season... I thought it setup everything perferctly. A bit on the slow part though, but some really cool Jack Bauer kicking ass scene. The Full Monty dude was great too.

Can't wait for January 11.

rockmanj
Mon, 11-24-2008, 12:48 PM
Not all that action packed, but enough to sate my thirst for Jack. Kinda sucks his buddy died cause of that chubby kid. It's always those darn chubby kids that cause problems...

Munsu
Sun, 01-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Don't forget bitches, Jack returns with a 2-hour premiere of the new season tonight in 1 hour and 27 minutes.

Munsu
Mon, 01-12-2009, 10:42 AM
None of you shitheads saw the premiere? I thought it was great. Not enough action as of yet, and no big reveals as of yet, but I thought the drama so far has been top notch and the new characters all seem interesting or fun. There's even Billy from Entourage.

Two more hours tonight.

itadakimasu
Tue, 01-13-2009, 09:49 AM
Sunday night... 9:30 pm "OMFG!!! I didn't DVR 24 !!! WTF !!! OMG!!!
Sunday night... 9:35 pm /me goes to mininova and luckily finds the episode to be available and heavily seeded ^^

The first 2 hours were pretty good, but the 2 from last night just really changed the whole thing for me. I knew a whole season of jack working w\ the fbi seemed a little lame. it seems like its going to be a kick ass season.

Munsu
Tue, 01-13-2009, 08:29 PM
This season has been kicking major ass in my opinion, only me and itadakimasu watching this? How low has GW fallen? Turning your backs in our god Jack Bauer...

rockmanj
Wed, 01-14-2009, 06:21 PM
I saw them. Just haven't had time to comment. It is turning out to be pretty fantastic. I especially like how he took out Tony with that leap-dive roll-tackle all in on motion. That looked like some shit Batman would do. Although some stuff is getting predictable; like the FBI agent bailing that Tanner guy out. I saw that a mile away. I also knew that FBI chick was gonna do something scandalous, I just wasn't sure what, and I didn't really like that.

Inazuma
Thu, 01-15-2009, 11:12 AM
FBI chick wants to be Jach Bauerette, but she's doing it wrong.

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 01-18-2009, 02:04 AM
Bauer driving that car off the building with his head in the floorboard was so. fucking. awesome.

Munsu
Tue, 01-20-2009, 07:29 AM
Watched episode 5 last night:

Decent episode with some very cool moments. I really liked the secret agent's demeanor as he was setting up everything for the kill. There was a very cool twist in the end, when you think Bauer made one of his bullshitting the terrorist moves, he kinda gets called on it... that image with the plastic bag while being buried alive was great.

So, who do you guys think is the mole? I think they're hiding it quite well. My top two candidates are Erica played by Ever Carradine and Sean (Billy from Entourage). Sean always seems to be hidding something, but always comes up with bullshit explanations that are somehow conviniently true.

rockmanj
Tue, 01-20-2009, 09:17 AM
I'm thinking the mole might just be Moss. He seems like he's hiding something. And that Secret Service guy...what a snake. I hope he gets his comeuppance.

itadakimasu
Tue, 01-20-2009, 09:44 AM
so, in the time that has past since season 6... has jack really had enough time to recouperate? Unless i'm confusing my seasons, i thought last season started off with him having just returned from being in chinese prison and being tortured regularly... first hour, he gets stabbed.. blown up, etc and keeps ticking.

i just was thinking he seems to be in top condition, very calm like the jack bauer pre-torture mode.

i like how the 2 hour "movie" really set up the entire plot line

rockmanj
Tue, 01-20-2009, 10:39 PM
I think you forgot about the Jack Bauer healing factor.

Munsu
Tue, 01-27-2009, 02:36 PM
Tony was pretty good in this episode, I still don't think we can trust him fully yet... and I'm also reluctant to believe that Jack won't try to apprehend him later for his past crimes. This was more of a setup episode, next one looks like it'll be exciting. I was hoping for a bigger airplane crash though.

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 01-31-2009, 12:27 AM
I didn't want Hillary Clinton to be President because something like this would happen. Madame President's refusal to stand down when the enemy is so capable of wiping all those people out is unacceptable, and totally reflective of America's need to establish dominance over the rest of the world. The lives that will be lost are not hers to sacrifice. That outraged Cabinet member had every right to say what he did, her foreign policy is reckless to say the least. It's time to explore other options. And Dubaku is about to fuck some shit up.

Munsu
Sat, 01-31-2009, 07:54 AM
She has balls. That's all there's to it.

Inazuma
Sat, 01-31-2009, 06:52 PM
Stubborn, but has to make a stand to say "We dont negociate terrorists" which is a smoke screen anyway.

Munsu
Thu, 02-26-2009, 07:37 AM
Haven't commented on this thread for a while, you guys keeping up with the show?

I'm still liking this season, and it seems like the first arc is over. Hopefully the following one will be at least just as good. I really liked how they revealed the mole, they fooled me within the episode with a bit of misdirection.

itadakimasu
Thu, 02-26-2009, 09:50 AM
I think they could have held off a little longer on revealing the mole. They revealed it before the end of the last episode, but up until then I wasn't sure if it was "adam?" or genine garafalo's charactor.

i dont think the white house is going to blow up, but not sure how quickly the senators assistant guy will reveal himself either

Munsu
Mon, 03-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Oh, just found out that tonight is a special 2-hour event. Seems like they're using it to start the new arc properly.

Xrlderek
Mon, 03-02-2009, 10:56 AM
That's great news. I really like this season so far. However, nearly no one is refusing Jack anything this season, so we almost never get to see him convincing anyone or acting on his own, well, completely on his own..

rockmanj
Mon, 03-02-2009, 01:37 PM
I'm liking it, but I hope that the next arc is a bit...different. I mean, I'm all for the stock 24 stuff happening, but the 1st arc was a little too formulaic to me. Although Agent Walker's reactions to Jack's methods did kind of give the viewers and outsider's view as to how people see Jack. I'm not saying that his methods are wrong, but I could see how she could think that he's scary and callous. I just kind of see him as being a "big picture" type of guy.

Munsu
Mon, 03-09-2009, 07:25 AM
Alright, finally got around to watch the episodes... and I thought they were excellent. I wonder how they're going to resolve this with Jack and the President being held hostage and the Vice-President not willing to act. Jon Voight's character finally showed up.

itadakimasu
Mon, 03-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Who's dead?

I thought they were going to kill off Bill last episode but they conveniently decided that they needed to start collecting hostages... that would have been a good death for him.

From the preview of last weeks ep though, somebody dies when the fbi comes in...I think by jacks reaction its going to be the president or the presidents daughter.

Munsu
Tue, 03-10-2009, 07:20 AM
Just watched last night's episode...

Man, Bill is dumb... doesn't he know that it'll take more than an explosion to kill Jack?

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 03-10-2009, 05:34 PM
Sometimes listening to Moss is unbearable. Doesn't he know Jack has been right about everything all day? He's the only one who can stop it. I was wondering how much Renee Walker was going to go behind his back before he fired her.

I don't know if I'll enjoy this arc as much as the first. Juma was way more fun than Voight's character seems to be.

itadakimasu
Thu, 03-12-2009, 09:11 AM
Just watched last night's episode...

Man, Bill is dumb... doesn't he know that it'll take more than an explosion to kill Jack?

hahaha...

I'm glad jack is on the run though, I was starting to wonder how many times he could be arrested in a 24 hour day! I think the vice president has to be in on this whole thing, unless they just want me to think

Yukimura
Thu, 03-12-2009, 10:49 AM
@Azazel Don't you know the age old adage: If everyone listened to Jack Bauer the show would be called 2.

Jack is so good at beating terrorists that the only way to give him a suitable and suspenseful challenge is to force him to fight terrorists, while also fighting corrupted parts of US Government, non corrupted parts of the US government, and whatever local government agency is in his vicinity all at the same time while simultaneously trying to keep some sort of promise that restricts his behavior in some way.

I've noticed the last few seasons I've felt really underwhelmed by the second halves. They seem to be more contrived and silly than the first halves where there is an immediate threat that needs defusing before time runs out as opposed to the second half which tends to revolve around unraveling the plot behind the threat in the first half. Hopefully with the whole extra year to think about it they've come up with a way to keep this second half engaging, possibly by having Jack stay solo for pretty much the rest of the season.

itadakimasu
Thu, 03-19-2009, 01:27 PM
The end of this weeks episode was good... I was thinking, what is he doing? there's no need to hide the evidence.... OH!! he's going to steal the truck with the same screw driver he just killed that guy with !! nice !

Munsu
Fri, 03-20-2009, 02:33 PM
Hah, yeah.... killing him with the screw driver and then using it to steal the truck was quite awesome, right up there with him using the taser on a telephone. The Presidents daughter is a complete jackass. I guess Aaron needs to come back and smack for a bit.

Munsu
Tue, 03-24-2009, 10:09 AM
I thought it was a good episode last night, though it got a bit slow towards the middle. The president's daughter looked to be a cool character when she was introduced, now I want someone to put a bullet between her eyes. Bauer got exposed to the toxins, so I wonder how that'll affect him for the rest of the season. Next episode looks awesome, we might have a war of sorts going on in the mainland.

Kiefer says he's on board for an eighth season:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090324/ap_en_tv/as_hong_kong_people_kiefer_sutherland

rockmanj
Tue, 03-24-2009, 04:27 PM
I wonder if those Bauer WBCs will just destroy that toxin or whatever.

Munsu
Tue, 03-24-2009, 05:16 PM
I wonder if those Bauer WBCs will just destroy that toxin or whatever.
Lol, I don't think I've ever seen Bauer sneeze.

Inazuma
Tue, 03-24-2009, 06:11 PM
That toxin better be God's farts or it aint going to do shit to Bauer.

darkmetal505
Tue, 03-24-2009, 08:03 PM
Running a 24 marathon, currently on episode 12 of this season. So far, I haven't been disappointed. The action, thrill, and foremost Jack's badassery have made it crazy entertaining. Even with the crazy plot and unrealistic circumstances, they still manage to pull it off. Hopefully the end of this season won't disappoint like the end of the last ones. Renee Walker is quite the looker too.

itadakimasu
Tue, 03-31-2009, 01:35 PM
Since they're going to make an 8th season, and the threat to Jacks life no seems almost imminent ( I know... nothing can kill Jack Bauer ) I was wondering last night if they're possibly going to do the 8th season from Jacks past before CTU.

rockmanj
Thu, 04-02-2009, 01:55 PM
I was thinking that too. I mean, there's basically no cure for the weaponized mad-cow (crutzfeld-Jakob) disease, in 24 world or the real one for that matter. The only ways I could see a season 8 working is if they focus on Jack's past, the very next day in Jack's life, or *shudder a Jack clone.

Munsu
Tue, 04-07-2009, 08:37 AM
Well, we have the cure-all Kim Bauer, so all is good for Jack.

Anyways, I really liked the last episode with Jack having some seizures and shit. I also liked how Hodges killed his partner. Now next episode looks to be quite exciting with Jack back on the field.

itadakimasu
Tue, 04-07-2009, 01:42 PM
stem cells.... you don't say !

LOL I didn't really see that coming, I was ready to accept jacks death. now.... WHERE IS ELISHA CUTHBERT ?!! ?!?!

Munsu
Tue, 04-14-2009, 09:29 AM
Hmm, yesterday's episode was kinda messed up...

First, Elisha came back... don't know if we'll see more of her though.

Now, hopefully the Tony vs. Jack showdown will be kickass. We knew Tony at some point will turn on him, but it kinda arrived out of left field, but there were heavy hints that he was going to betray them when Moss was talking to him about how Tony was a hero and took away his handcuffs. The way Moss died was awesome though. I would've liked to see him stay a bit longer just to see Walker reject him for Jack.

Munsu
Tue, 04-21-2009, 07:38 PM
Great episode last night.

Tony is getting the best of Bauer at the moment, given Bauer is handicapped at the moment. His last scene was messed up with him having a seizure. So Kim is married and has a son, I thought it was a nice development, and hopefully Jack learns about it. I can see it now, season 8 will be Jack Bauer saving the world with his grandchild on his back.

Munsu
Tue, 05-12-2009, 02:43 PM
You fools stopped watching?

Next Monday, 2 hour season finale.

Let's save Kim once again. And who here didn't like how Jack beat the shit out of Almeida?

itadakimasu
Tue, 05-12-2009, 03:23 PM
It seems like it's gone by so fast. My tv went out friday and i just got the lamp in today so ep 22 is waiting on my DVR.

itadakimasu
Tue, 05-19-2009, 10:32 AM
I thought the ending was weak. It doesn't have the same cliff-hanger appeal as it did when jack was kidnapped by the chinese at the end of the finale for season 5.

Inazuma
Tue, 05-19-2009, 11:36 AM
Weak soft, whatever.

Jack is not going out with a bang.

Munsu
Tue, 05-19-2009, 11:49 AM
Yeah, not enough Jack badassness to end the season... though when he killed the doctors was awesome. I liked Walker doing her best Bauer impersonation at the end.

So, what do you guys think? Will Kim survive? Will Bauer wake-up from a coma to find his daughter dead?

itadakimasu
Mon, 10-12-2009, 06:15 PM
97 days 1 hour 44 minutes and 45 seconds. (as of this post)

Get ready.

http://www.fox.com/24/

Penner
Tue, 10-13-2009, 12:22 AM
BAAAAAUUUUUUUUUER!

rockmanj
Tue, 10-13-2009, 02:34 PM
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/24/24-spoiler-alert-its-detail-af-30318.aspx

According to this article, Starbuck is gonna be running CTU.

itadakimasu
Fri, 01-08-2010, 10:30 AM
2-Night 4-hour Season Premiere Begins
SUN JAN 17 9/8c

Next Sunday !!!!!!!!!

Munsu
Sun, 01-17-2010, 11:23 AM
I'm ready. Are you ready?

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 01-17-2010, 02:34 PM
I didn't really pick up 24 until season 3 so I'm marathoning everything. Jack was so much calmer in the old days..

itadakimasu
Sun, 01-17-2010, 04:53 PM
yeah, he hadn't been through the hell that happened in the other seasons. shot, stabbed, blown up, etc...

Premier is tonight!!!! 4 hours!!!!

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 01-17-2010, 10:50 PM
So we're just going to forget Jack was dying last season?

Ok I'm in.

Munsu
Mon, 01-18-2010, 01:19 AM
It's been alright so far... certainly it hasn't started with the bang that the previous seasons have had. We'll see how it follows through on Monday, which I suspect will be more exciting episodes.

rockmanj
Mon, 01-18-2010, 02:05 AM
It has that usual slowness at the beginning, excepting Jack axeing (!!) a man to death and Acaveda making a brief appearance as a scumbag criminal.

The Heretic Azazel
Mon, 01-18-2010, 02:59 AM
I've seen Benito Martinez with a suit and tie and smug composure too many times to take his role here seriously, I'm glad he's gone

Munsu
Mon, 01-18-2010, 03:01 AM
It has that usual slowness at the beginning, excepting Jack axeing (!!) a man to death and Acaveda making a brief appearance as a scumbag criminal.
I was hoping Aceveda would be a victim of the Bauer choke.

Well, if you compare it to previous seasons where we've had people thought dead showing up, air traffic stolen, multiple relevant characters getting killed, a nuclear bomb going off, multiple suicide terrorists, etc.... the first two episodes have been kinda bland in that regard.

Loved Chloe in these episodes. Freddy Prince Jr. seems like he could do well here, and Starbuck has been decent so far... though I don't know if I care at all about her storyline. I like the new CTU director... the actor at least... Bubba. I think he'll be in the receving end of a Bauer choke himself before this season ends.

I've seen Benito Martinez with a suit and tie and smug composure too many times to take his role here seriously, I'm glad he's gone

You forgot, and a cock in his mouth.

Yukimura
Mon, 01-18-2010, 06:44 PM
Jack Bauer: Retired Grandpa was kinda trippy but in a way I feel like it fit him. He has saved America 7 times already and nearly died repeatedly in the process. He looked well and truly tired of it all and like he just wants to leave all this crap to someone else and live out his life in peace. I was somewhat torn when Chloe made her plea to Jack for help but she had a good point in that she'd put her ass into the fire again and again to help him out when he asked her to and it wasn't any of her business and she's never asked for anything in return.

Also, though I recognize it's probably intentional I really don't like the character of the new CTU head. He seems to represent the kind of ass-kissing, bureaucratic nightmare every hard nosed field agent should hate with a passion. He reminds me of people in real life who fill the heads of prominent people with sweet sounding words but when the shit hits the fan and they can't deliver try to cover their asses and pile on the bs rather than admitting there are problems and that they need help. I'm guessing/hoping he won't last the season as head of CTU if his incompetence is already at this level in the opener.

Munsu
Tue, 01-19-2010, 01:06 AM
Final scene of episode 4 made me a believer.

itadakimasu
Tue, 01-19-2010, 08:49 AM
yeah Munsu... That caught me off guard.

Jack taught her well !

Jack Bauer death tally thus far : 3. ( correct me if I missed one. )

itadakimasu
Tue, 01-19-2010, 08:51 AM
So we're just going to forget Jack was dying last season?

Ok I'm in.

Stem Cells fool! LOL. Kim donated cells to do some kind of miracle surgery for Jack. I thought he was done too... I was wondering last year if they'd make this season a sort of prequal.

Munsu
Tue, 01-19-2010, 09:23 AM
Jack is immortal.

Yukimura
Tue, 01-19-2010, 10:28 AM
Wow Reneé is HARDCORE. I was extremely glad to see they brought her in this season as Jacqueline Bauer: Apprentice to the Master. Her eyes are still full of crazy and her Hair is still as red as all the the blood she'll probably spill this season, I can hardly wait till next week.

rockmanj
Tue, 01-19-2010, 10:31 AM
I am pretty sure I said "holy shit" aloud after seeing that madness. Hot, disheveled, and crazy...makes for a good combo.

Munsu
Tue, 01-19-2010, 11:47 AM
I was hoping to see her licking the finger tips of the severed hand.

Munsu
Tue, 02-09-2010, 08:53 AM
Last night's episode was a good one... psycho Walker is great. I also like how the President has lost his marbles. Really wondering what the repercussions for him will be. Too much time is being spent on Dana and his ex, got to move on from that storyline.

Jack, awesome as always... but got fooled at the end.

Here's some info on the 24 movie:
http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/02/08/breaking-news-24-movie-inching-closer-to-reality/

Jack Bauer may finally hit the big screen. Though Fox has yet to decide whether to pick up a ninth season of 24, an insider confirmed that the film side is in talks with Billy Ray (State of Play) to write a screenplay for the franchise. Word is the scribe came in and pitched his version of the flick.
Any movement on a film may hinge upon the show’s future with the network; Fox toppers Peter Rice and Kevin Reilly will likely want to see how the show performs over the next few weeks before deciding whether to commit to another season of Bauer racing the clock. Through Jan. 31, 24 is down versus last year by 10% in total viewers (11.9 million versus 13.3 million) and by 15% in adults 18-49 (3.9 versus 4.6). The drama remains Fox’s third-most watched show behind American Idol and House.
A decision is needed soon; a source close to the show said the producers are preparing to write the 23rd and 24th episodes of the current season so they need to know whether to pen a series finale. Production on the drama is scheduled to wrap March 24.
In January, star Kiefer Sutherland told EW that he’d love to do a movie (“It would be a two-hour representation of a day”) and thinks the TV show can actually be done at the same time. ”I actually tried to convince a few people of this. In a media world that is changing unbelievably fast, a television series can either act as a great trailer for a film, or a film can act as a great trailer for a television series. And I think the first person who actually does that is going to change the way television interacts with feature films.
“I think the resistance to it is because, in my father’s generation, if you did films, you didn’t even think about television,” Sutherland continued. “That was a death knell. And if you did television, you wouldn’t be allowed to do films. That was when we had three networks. We have six hundred now, and if I want to see Paul Newman in a movie, I don’t have to go out. And so the game has changed. And I think we’re going to have to adjust with it.” – With additional reporting from Nicole Sperling

itadakimasu
Thu, 02-18-2010, 10:09 AM
i dont know about a movie...

This past episode made me think about Lethal Weapon 1, when they were torturing mel gibson, and he kills them :)

Lethal Weapon's Riggs + Die Hards John McClane combine to create..... JACK "f'ing" BAUER!

rockmanj
Thu, 02-18-2010, 11:24 AM
Let's not go that far...Jack isn't insane and way more badass than riggs. I think to get teh right Bauer mix, you have to add Zeus, Batman, solid Snake with a bit of Daniel Craig's James Bond thrown in for good measure.

Munsu
Sat, 02-20-2010, 10:30 AM
Last two episodes have been very good. And hopefully the shitty Dana situation improves a bit with her going after her ex to kill him.

Munsu
Thu, 03-25-2010, 09:17 PM
Who's still watching.

Previous to the last episode, 24 had some really good episodes. This week's episode was pretty good until the end, I don't think I like the twist. We'll see where it goes.

Also, I've been hearing rumors of FOX thinking of cancelling the show, and if it gets cancelled, NBC being a possibility in picking up the series. I really can't see how FOX could cancel the show, I really don't.

In any case, there's always the movies they're planning once the show is over.

Munsu
Fri, 03-26-2010, 09:23 PM
Yep, cancelled:
http://tv.yahoo.com/24/show/28479/news/tv.accesshollywood.com/tv.accesshollywood.com-fox-24-canceled

NBC not picking it up.

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 03-27-2010, 01:05 AM
I'm sad to see it go but this season hasn't been the greatest.

Munsu
Sat, 03-27-2010, 08:58 AM
Yeah, but I would still argue with the kind of run they've had they deserve to go out in their own terms when they're ready. For that matter, there are more underperforming shows getting renewed, that it makes no sense to me for FOX to cancel it so hastily and willingly.

I mean, 24 is currently a franchise, their profits come way beyond what they do ratings wise.

So I really don't understand this move, and I don't understand NBC passing on it. It would have been the perfect show to build around for the next couple of years while they try to restructure their primetime schedule, which is currently a complete mess with almost no show performing well ratings wise, and I use well loosely.

I think ultimately it was because of cost that this happened, but do we really need to sign all these actors to have a successful season? I mean, all we really need is Jack and a couple of good characters and we're set. In fact, bringing the focus back to Jack will do the show wonders.

But they go out and find Mr. Freddy and Mrs. Starbuck, etc., etc. which I'm pretty sure didn't come cheap. Worse, we spend a lot of time during the season on their characters which really aren't that interesting....

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 04-07-2010, 12:50 AM
The last episode kicked ass. Now I'm sad it's being canceled again.

Munsu
Sun, 05-23-2010, 07:43 PM
My laptop died on me, so I've been spending the last couple of days catching up to 24... and man the last 4 episodes or so have been completely amazing, particularly with how Bauer is kicking ass left and right, and in quite a brutal fashion.

Tomorrow is the 2-hour series finale, and I suspect it would be some of the best 24 has had to offer in the whole series. Hopefully it'll go out big ratings wise also.

XanBcoo
Sun, 05-23-2010, 08:18 PM
I had never watched an episode of 24 in my life until I happened to catch the one where Renee was shot one night after House. I've watched everything unfold since then and even I, as someone who hasn't seen 8 seasons of character development, have appreciated the intensity of what's been going on.

The most recent episode was particularly satisfying. Seeing Jack slowly approach Logan's limo gave me chills.

"THAT'S JACK BAUER!! HE'S COMIN' FER ME!!"

That's how you do action. Nothing over the top. You let it build up and then execute it tastefully. Seeing the aftermath and a room full of dead Russians was infinitely more terrifying than watching it unfold.

Munsu
Mon, 05-24-2010, 07:24 AM
Hmm, 24 ending on May 24... interesting.

Yukimura
Mon, 05-24-2010, 09:53 PM
Man, that was pretty awesome. I was honestly conflicted as to whether they would go bad end or good end and they managed to keep it kinda sorta questionable to the last few minutes. I think it was a pretty good way to end the series though frankly part of me wished it had ended with Jack just murdering everyone and then going out in a blaze of glory.

The one thing that really bugged me to the point of pulling me out of suspension of disbelief was the depiction of Jack's 'bullet wound' at the end. It was just too obvious that the blood spot was sewn into his shirt and it looked less realistic than it would have if they had just pretended he never even got shot like they do with the effects of most of the injuries he tends to take over the course of a season.

XanBcoo
Mon, 05-24-2010, 10:28 PM
Hopeful ending. I was half expecting Jack to die by the end of it.

Though permanent brain damage is too good an end for Logan to meet.

Munsu
Wed, 05-26-2010, 08:47 AM
And so ends my favorite tv show. I wanted to see more of Jack kicking ass, but the ending was kind of nice. I liked that the last scene was with him and Chloe and him thanking him for all that she has done for him over the years, particularly given how Chloe was introduced as a complete odd-ball at the start of the series, and very unlikable.

Fox is going to completely regret canceling the show, even if it wasn't pulling the big numbers any more. The new schedule looks horrible.

Can't wait for the movie, and I'm interested in seeing where they're taking us.

Here's an interview with the Executive Producer:
http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/05/25/24-series-finale-burning-questions/

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 05-26-2010, 09:18 AM
Though permanent brain damage is too good an end for Logan to meet.

Imagine being the biggest screw up of a President ever, 24's equivalent of Jimmy Carter, and in the end when you commit the most honorable act possible, suicide, you still fail.

That's kind of how I look at Logan's demise. It completely reflects his character.

Penner
Sat, 05-29-2010, 09:01 PM
Shit, the last 3 days i've been powering through the entire final season and it was your average 24, up until Rene died, then the shit went fucking overdrive! SO awesome!

And that final scene between Chloe and Jack honestly made my throat hurt because it was so sad.

I will miss this show, and look forward to the movie!

Munsu
Tue, 12-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Small update on the 24 movie, looks like it might start production this Spring:
http://www.deadline.com/2011/12/24-heating-up-for-spring-start-with-kiefer-sutherland-in-jack-bauer-mode/

Munsu
Tue, 05-06-2014, 12:15 AM
He's baaaaaaaaaaack! Jack Bauer!

For those who don't know, the movie idea never materialized, but instead they made the first (of what I hope is more to come) summer mini-series of 24. Only half a season long.

Tonight was the 2-hour premier of 24: Live Another Day and I thought it was great, highly entertaining. Quite excited to see if they'll really deliver. I've really missed having Jack on Mondays.

Who's watching?

Penner
Tue, 05-06-2014, 09:47 AM
I just finished watching the first two eps and fuck me it's just as good as ever!

I really hope this does well so we might get more after this 12ep "event" series.

Munsu
Tue, 05-06-2014, 09:05 PM
I just finished watching the first two eps and fuck me it's just as good as ever!

I really hope this does well so we might get more after this 12ep "event" series.

Had some decent ratings to start with, so on that regard there's some promise. I expected it to have a bit higher ones, but as a mid-season-Summer series replacement, and compared to the other shows airing on Monday for FOX, it did really well.

So we'll see if it holds up for the rest of the season.

I liked how it took a while for Bauer to say anything. I was kinda hoping he had kept silent during the whole first hour, just to screw with everyone who plays drinking games with 24.