PDA

View Full Version : The Bitching Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Death BOO Z
Fri, 09-01-2006, 05:19 PM
the israel brench of Coca-Cola is trying to push a taxation reform that will raise the prices of beer to abnormal level hights. That's not nice.

also, my commanders are all idiots, we did nothing for about five hours in thursday before they realized we can go home. more than that, we've spent a week cleanning the new base that we'll be leaving in two weeks. And, I was planned to have a two weeks course in November, but now they plan to make it only a test day, and that we'll study on our own to it, so there goes my chance to do a daily service for fuckin' two weeks.

Suprisingly, the thought of doing a volunterlly "boycott" (spelling) on coca cola hasn't even passed my mind.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 09-10-2006, 09:27 AM
Right I think this is my first ever bitching post but I need to air this crap.

Basically I have just started this new (and my first grad) job with one of the "Big 4" accountacy (or professional services as they like to think of themselves) firms. My friends around me are all chuffed for me as it is prestigous firm to work for and tell me that I am now 'sorted'. Thing is though I have just found out that despite being based in the London office I am being sent right to the other side of the country to Scotland to work on a project for a few weeks. Now granted that I knew that there might be some travelling involved with the job, but being sent out on your first assignment halfway across the country is taking the piss. I don't even know if I want to work in this area of the service line I have joined, as my interest is in another area.

Now I'm a guy who doesn't like travelling. I don't like the idea of being away from my home, my room and my comfy bed. Not only that, my social life is going to get disrupted as I will be away from my mates in a city I don't know anything about.

Some people may like the lifestyle. In trying to smother my concerns, I'm being told that I get but up in a swanky hotel and travel business class and shit, all paid for by the firm. It feels so ridiculous that to earn a decent living you have to sell your ass to the firm and they get to send you anywhere they want, all in exchange for money in your bank that you might not even get time to spend.

Ladies and gentlemen, work sucks.

mage
Sun, 09-10-2006, 10:12 AM
the israel brench of Coca-Cola is trying to push a taxation reform that will raise the prices of beer to abnormal level hights. That's not nice.

also, my commanders are all idiots, we did nothing for about five hours in thursday before they realized we can go home. more than that, we've spent a week cleanning the new base that we'll be leaving in two weeks. And, I was planned to have a two weeks course in November, but now they plan to make it only a test day, and that we'll study on our own to it, so there goes my chance to do a daily service for fuckin' two weeks.

Suprisingly, the thought of doing a volunterlly "boycott" (spelling) on coca cola hasn't even passed my mind.

mage, one more racist comment and you're out for a month. seriously, you've had so many chances.

gr3atfull
Mon, 09-11-2006, 08:11 PM
I hate my dad. You give him something either he will brake it or lose it.

He has something against my birds. He puts them all day outside in the backyard saying that they need fresh air or they are making to much noise which they dont. Today, before my mom goes to work, she told him to watch for the birds (they were outside because he putted them) so that none of the neighbor cats come and eat them. He is yeah yeah ill watch them, nothing wont happen to them. He goes downstairs to go on the computer. He comes back up because my brother who just came back from school is calling him in the backyard and my brother tells him that 3 of the 4 birds ran off. Thanks to my brother good eyes, he found one the little kids on the tree branches in our backyard. And now we have 2/4 of the birds. We have the dad and the baby female.

I come back from school, I see my mom in the car what is she doing there and she tells me the story. I couldnt believe it. My beloved birds that I love so much are gone!!!!! I spent my whole time to look for them going from neighbor to neighbors house and backyard looking for them, I cant find the mom or the little mommas boy.

I would have never tought they would have ran us. If my dad didnt constantly put them outside or if he did watched them, they would have been here. Now, outside is cold (around 10C) and im sure they are freezing and dying or getting eaten by one of my neighbor cats. They could have still been at home and alive if my dad was taking care of them.

WHY THE FUCK DID HE HAVE TO PUT THEM OUTSIDE?!?!?!?!??!

I spent my whole time caring for them and now they are gone. Losing them was like losing my grandfather. I love them as I loved a human being.

Funny thing is that i lost some one precious few years after september 11. -_-

complich8
Tue, 09-12-2006, 01:07 AM
I went to bed at 10 pm last night. I woke up at 1:00 am, and couldn't get back to sleep. This, despite the fact that I only got 3 and a half hours of sleep last night.

Come 7 or 8 am, I'll be able to sleep like a stone until my alarm goes off.

samsonlonghair
Tue, 09-12-2006, 02:10 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your birds Malthalis. I've lost a few pets that were very human to me.

I've got a damn rash that's driving me crazy. I can't figure out why I have this terrible rash spreading over my whole body. I haven't been running through the woods; I don't think I'm allergic to anything. This skin irritation is very irritating. Despite using all the willpower I have to not scratch, it spread everywhere.

Kirai no Tenshi
Wed, 09-13-2006, 12:55 PM
For some reason, probably related to me not being made of fail like some people, it came down to me to fix the washing machine.
The original excuse was that I was thin enough to fit down the side, but for fuck's sake, the washing machine can be moved to make more room, just as it can be moved to make less room (mor on that later).
So, I'm pretty much used to having to do all the hard work whenever anything goes wrong, and honestly, I think I'm the only person in the house who stands even a remote chance of success. So, I get down to work, looking for the mythical transit bolts, which it turns out look nothing like the ones shown in the manual (and I've never actually had to install a washing machine before, so I don't know what they're supposed to look like).
Some time and confusion later, I make the decision that the bolts I'm looking at are in fact the transit bolts that need removing, and so I set to work, while everyone else goes on doing whatever they're doing (which is certainly not huddled in a spider-infested alcove trying to undo stubbourn bolts with tools that are in no way adequate for the job).
I make a large amount of success with the first bolt, although I come to a point where I could do with another hand, and a little extra light, neither of which are liekly to happen any time soon. I keep trying, but to no avail, and eventually decide that I've done enough, and fuck anyone who doesn't agree.
This is when I find that, in my efforts to get a better angle to undo the bolt, I've blocked my only means of exit from this arachnid pit. And no one's in earshot to come and help me out. Thus, I am forced to wrestle my own way out.
I wrote this note to my housemates, apprising them of the situation:
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/5885/postitnj3.jpg

:mad:

complich8
Fri, 09-15-2006, 04:26 PM
A recent batch of windows updates just forcibly rebooted my computer last night. When it came back up, it refused remote desktop connections.

On physically trying to log in, it would load, but very very slowly. Explorer shell would start after about 3 minutes, but many normal explorer functions were nonresponsive (ie: couldn't drag-and-drop or copy-paste, couldn't access the start menu).

So, I backed up everything that I'd have a tough time replacing/regenerating, and formatted the bastard. Unfortunately,the process meant that I only got 3 hours of sleep (for the fourth time this week), and only got 4 of 5 homework problems done. I figured out how to do the fifth one on the walk to class, but didn't have time to write it down, because I was on my way to turn it in at the time (it was a fairly complex solution, would have taken 20-30 minutes to write down).

Now I'm sitting here at work, whoring the timeclock, exhausted and burned out, and I've got another equally-difficult homework assignment to deal with in the immediate future. I just want to sleep, dammit.

samsonlonghair
Tue, 09-26-2006, 08:58 AM
God Damn it!

For the third time in as many days I read the word "tweens". If I could, I'd shoot everyone who said or wrote that word. Right in the fuckin' face.

"Tweens" isn't a god damn word. They're called kids you motherfuckers. KIDS! I'd even accept the word "pre-teens" because I've read that word in many developmental psychology books. "Tweens" is just a bullshit marketing word that some asshole made up three years ago to discribe a supposedly new demographic. He thought to himself, "Hey! No one's ever thought of marketing something for nine to twelve-year-olds! I'll make up a catchy name for that shit!"

These fucking marketing morons apparently never heard of Nerf footballs, Super Soakers, or Power Rangers. Untill 2003 "tweens" never existed. I swear to god I hate hearing that shitty word more than any other corporate-speak.

Kraco
Tue, 09-26-2006, 09:04 AM
Tween 20 is a good laboratory chemical... Well, that's the only meaning of the word tween for me, so I guess I'll join your club.

Zinobi
Mon, 10-09-2006, 07:24 PM
Okay I can't make heads or tails of my situation.
Today during lunch I had my friend buy me a Sprite. So I got it and went to go finish the cake that i had already bought awith some friends. I apparently didn't have the receipt my friend did. (I am still in the store) One of the employees comes and asks me for the receipt and I forgot that i didn't have it and pulled out the one for the cake, "Oh, this is the receipt for this cake. My friend has the receipt for this." And he replies, "You're friend doesn't buy the drink and leave." I could understand that he didn't believe me so he took me over to the cashier that I bought it from, she said that I did pay for it. So I though i was good and i could go finish my food. No...they kick me out of the store for "moppy" behavior. Honestly i have no idea if moppy is even a word. It seems now that if I go in there I will be arrested...Is this not bullshit?

Bucket
Tue, 10-10-2006, 12:08 AM
Whoever sent me that stupid "send this to 10 people or you will be cursed" chainmail PM: don't do it again.

SK
Tue, 10-10-2006, 10:18 AM
I hate my roommate.

Necromas
Tue, 10-10-2006, 04:27 PM
I find a free MMORPG, everquest level graphics, pretty cool looking.

Spend a day downloading it.

Spend an hour registering and making a character and learning the newbie level basics.

Spend a day playing my character.

Get in a conversation in which I use wtf, and omg.

3 minutes later an Admin tells me "We do NOT tolerate profanity."

I reply "Wtf, I wasn't using any profanity."

You have been banned, permanently. No explanation, no second chance, no nothing.

I visit the forums, and apparently they are so strict on the language codes that you cannot even say 'wtf' or 'omg' (taking the lords name in vain). Even if you argue that it could be "What the fudge" or "Oh my gosh".

What really ticks me off was the guy that banned me didnt even explain or give me a second chance after I had wasted a bunch of time on the game. He just permanently banned me for using the most common acronym on the internet.

Terracosmo
Tue, 10-10-2006, 06:18 PM
The game must be run by religious zealots and soccer moms in an unholy collaboration. It is a mystery how they managed to create something playable, though. The world is clearly ending!

complich8
Tue, 10-10-2006, 06:40 PM
*insert generic bitching about cpanel's insistence on using its own apache and php, and not taking responsibility for maintaining them via normal mechanisms*

Death BOO Z
Wed, 10-11-2006, 07:35 PM
I hate the army... we're down to eight guys doing the guard post duty.

dammit,my vacation ended at september 25, and since then i've stood at the front gate of the base for about 60 hours until this mornning...
heck, ever since last friday i've been guarding the gate every goddaammed night. let me sleep!

today I woke up at 02:oo to cover up for someone in the guard post, after that i've taken a shower and got on the bus back home. it's been about 25 hours since then... how much more! until when!

AUG 05 are tired!

/note: ignore the last part... my mind isn't quite working well right now...

XanBcoo
Thu, 10-12-2006, 03:17 PM
God-fucking-dammit.

Today I had a History midterm exam. I also had some Linguistics homework to finish. The two coincided terribly.

The Computational Linguistics homework had me stumped for 2 days just trying to figure out the programming language I was using. This is my first time doing any programming at all and our professor is pretty much jumping right into projects despite the fact that much of the class is in the same situation as me.

In the end, it was easier than I thought, but the last problem had me stumped (I had to change a set of Finnish nouns from their stem form to their realized forms after various case changes and inflections). While trying to figure out what needed to be done, I put off studying for the History test. Come 1am, I had only just began to study. I figured sleep was pointless at that point and that if I studied efficiently all night I could get to the test (which was early), take it, then come home and sleep the rest of the day.

About an hour before I had to leave to go to the test, I decided to take a small break and...rest my eyes. I woke up an hour after the test had finnished. My soul hurts...I'm not panicking about my grades. I've resigned to acceptance of the situation and just hope there's some way I can make up the test.

complich8
Thu, 10-12-2006, 03:52 PM
The Computational Linguistics homework had me stumped for 2 days just trying to figure out the programming language I was using.

http://xkcd.com/c114.html is all that needs to be said.

XanBcoo
Thu, 10-12-2006, 04:04 PM
It's nice to know there's people who find problems with anything and everything.

Still, the idea behind that joke made me laugh a little.

So did this one, http://xkcd.com/c132.html.

Kraco
Thu, 10-12-2006, 04:15 PM
In the end, it was easier than I thought, but the last problem had me stumped (I had to change a set of Finnish nouns from their stem form to their realized forms after various case changes and inflections).

That would have left me stumped as well, and I'm a Finn...

Kirai no Tenshi
Sun, 10-15-2006, 02:53 AM
I am a quiet person.
I talk so quietly that I often have to repeat myself.
I often inadvertantly sneak up on people, because I move around so quietly, even when I used to wear steel-toecapped boots for work.
I rarely talk unless I have something to say.

Just now, I was watching Monk, at 8:30am, when my housemate comes and knocks on my door, asking me if I can keep the volume down before 9 or 10 o'clock.
This is the same housemate who was conducting a conversation, a few decibels shy of shouting, at 11pm last night, while I was asleep. Not technically true, since I woke up a few moments after it began.
So, right now, I'm on the edge of crying.
Is it even remotely fair that I be made the villain of the peice by a raging hypocrite?

Oh, and I'm banned from IRC.

XanBcoo
Sun, 10-15-2006, 01:41 PM
I'm having problems with one of my housemates too.

He's decided for the 3 of us that we should all start paying for food individually because he doesn't like going to the grocery store. He's content going home every weekend, getting his mom to buy him food, and coming back with it for him to eat. Me and my other housemate don't have that luxury. We need to buy our own food, and we need to go shopping. He's now refusing to pay for any of the food we bought recently, meaning we're going to have to keep track of who eats what, which is a major fucking hassle. It's not exactly a friendly environment anymore.

brb labelling things in the fridge...

masamuneehs
Sun, 10-15-2006, 06:09 PM
so i'm not like the only guy who was involved in making the rules on spoilers. in fact, i just gathered up alot of stuff that others had suggested and made (as suggested) a topic for discussion on it.

and despite alot of stuff getting thrown around, not much was changed.

Then i go and post the new rules (after some encouragement), and BANG! nasty neg reps. Like people hold me entirely responsible for what goes on here. Well, kill the messenger all you want, but I didn't see ANYONE post anything after I invited more conversation on the rules changes, even summing up what had been discussed throughout the topic. People seem to like to bitch, moan, neg rep, but really all it is is a bunch of pathetic peons who throw hissy-fits when they don't get their way and don't add shit to the forums. Well, yall can suck on my nads, cuz too fucking bad, nothing's changing.

*sorry for the rant, i know i volunteered for the position. but it just gets shitty to catch so much flak, and often little of anything good, while i'm just trying to help. had to let off some steam*

Deadfire
Tue, 10-31-2006, 12:02 PM
As some of you have read before I hate the bus, I have to ride it everyday to and from school. I’m going to get the anger about it off here so bear with me

Things I hate about the bus system

1. Why do some people prefer the front of the bus when there's room in the back? Like Christ WTF is wrong with you. If there is room in the back of the bus MOVE!! I’d like to sit down for my hour ride, and yet you stand in the middle of the aisle not letting any though because you don’t feel like it. I don’t feel like standing there like a idiot when I could be sitting. You can talk to your friend later when your off the fucking bus.

2. Priority seats are for people who have a hard time standing on a moving bus.
But unfortunately, some people have trouble recognizing that. I don’t understand why people seem to think that sitting in the front and making people that are old or in fucking wheelchairs go somewhere else is ok. And when the people tell them to move they bitch and moan. When I get old or broken I’m smacking these people with my cane

3. When walking down the aisle try not to smack me with your backpack. I don’t understand why you need to have a backpack the size of a large suitcase, nor do I understand why you need to suddenly turn to talk to your friend ignoring the person that’s on the outside of that thing. If you hit me with a backpack I’m taking my knife and cutting it to let all your shit fall out.

4. Buses are not restaurants. Imagine if the 135,000 daily passengers I see daily each left litter and spills behind. It's not a pretty thought. Clean up after your self, your damn mother isn’t on the bus and you think that you can leave everything just lying around. I really don’t want to sit on your candy because your to much of a kid to pick it up

5. Please remove Roller Blades, before boarding the bus. You would think that this is a no brainer. However people continue to do this, the reason surpasses my reckoning

6. I’ve already told you all about my hate for people with their crappy music at loud volumes. If you are a person like that, your Ipod is going out the fucking window

7. Please exit by the rear door, that’s what it’s for. If I wanted to run in to you when I go though the front I would have.

8. I don’t need to know what you’re talking about from across the bus. If you’re going to talk to the person beside you I should not be able to hear you though my headphones transversely from you

9. Don’t get me started on the smell some people have, seriously I’ve had to puke more then once because of the smell.

gr3atfull
Tue, 10-31-2006, 08:43 PM
9. Don’t get me started on the smell some people have, seriously I’ve had to puke more then once because of the smell.

I hate it when people smoke and then come in the bus and we are trap breathing the smoked air. Its really irritating.

el_boss
Wed, 11-01-2006, 01:35 PM
FUCKING SWEDISH SHIT WEATHER!!!

I got home 2 hours late beacause of the sudden fucking snow storm. The fucking bullshit system turns to shit as soon as the weather turns. Fucking pussy rail-road, grow some fucking balls.

dragonrage
Tue, 11-07-2006, 07:24 PM
well i have been getting up at 4am and coming home at 10pm-ish. No need to tell you this kinda sucks, but it should pay off in the long run, hopefully.

but this is really cutting into my anime watching time, not to mention the time i have to spend with this community.

Me want anime. Fortunately there is still the weekends, for now that is. But my passion for playing pool has been re-ignited for i have found some people for the APA that i can actually play with. Getting my ass kicked but learning and enjoying it as well.

My hard- drives are filled with anime to watch and no time to watch it. What a crying shame.
I think it is time to buy some more.

In related news the girl I knew sold a $3000 computer for $1000, why did she not tell me. It was a customized g4 with a 20 inch wide screen monitor. Worst part is she broke it to me over dinner last Saturday (we haven't seen each other in a few months). I really wanted her computer, curses.

Well gotwoot, seeya when I seeya, hopefully this weekend or sometime soon.

Thi3f
Tue, 11-07-2006, 08:02 PM

sangai
Tue, 11-07-2006, 08:44 PM
well, it's been a while since i posted a nice long rant about somethings .

well i have a few,

in my last rant i was bitching about how stupid people are at my old job at the zoo. well i got a few others

first off, for a a company as large as the phoenix zoo, I cannot believe the terrible management and money management that the phoenix zoo has. the management was so terrible no one knew What the fuck was goin on, this got old when it came to schedules and requesting time off. i can't recall on how many times they fucked up my schedule after we corrected them numerous times.

second, man what a bunch of fuckin cheapskates after 1 year of working there you know what i get for my hard work and effort. 13 cent raise and 4 hours of paid time off...WOW 4 hours of paid time off.. when i asked if it was 4 days or 4 hours i got the rudest smartasshes comment "4 hours god don't go crazy on me " i was sooo piss'd off by this i couldn't believe this bullshit. the job im currently working at i recieved a 50 cent raise within the first 45 days, and i get 5 days of paid time off.

demolition is fun.

the down fall is that when peoples house's catch fire or other shit water damage by floods and other random disasters, some people are cool some are fucking morons. mr penwell for instance guy is i dunno 9 god damn feet tall..and he is such a jew i have yet to hear one praise from him about our company , lightning struck his house and it caught fire. we spent 2 weeks packing his house so it could be redone. no hospitality.

man some people go as far as breaking there own shit and blaming us, honestly WTF. there are some fucked up people in this world. it's even worse when they accuse you of stealing some piece of shit cell phone , jewelry or some other random item. They end up finding it one week later..no apology or anything, worst part about it is i gotta hold my tongue against some douche...

granted i did take a vintage dime from 1942 , that the owners didn't realize they had ...but fuck.. why would i steal a virgin mobile Piece of shit that cost 59.99 when i have my fucking black berry .

sad to say but i really hate some fuckin people...

i get accused of being racist..which you know im sorry i am a lil bit. don't get me wrong but what piss's me off is when a african american can be racist against his own people or a hispanic person is racist against other mexicans, so tell me WTF.i hate this shit like oh he can cause he is mexican..kinda like africans americans using the N word. and it's ok cause there african americans..gimme a fuckin break. *OK i realize that was really incoherent rambling im sorry for my NUMEROUS grammer flaws.

RyougaZell
Tue, 11-07-2006, 08:45 PM
Today at work we were told:
"You may leave early today, we need to update the system" - 1 Hour and a Half earlier. Yay... but then...

"Oh yeah, and to compensate we are staying until 11pm tomorrow and thursday"

WTF?? 8 more hours for leaving 1 hour and a half early?

I hate the boss' temporary suplent... (boss was pregnant until several weeks ago)

complich8
Tue, 11-07-2006, 11:25 PM
I hate how Windows 2003's Certification Authority doesn't make it easy to sign certificates from non-windows sources (ie: openssl).

Also, OS-X DNS resolution is totally fucking broken for local networks (trailing dot required? WTF!). And that pisses me off.

Finally, I hate that I've been at my job for 3 years and don't get paid vacation time, nor have I gotten a raise in the time I've been there. It ... sort of pisses me off a bit.

On the bright side, I know enough about everything I'm doing to document it all and fix the things I jury-rigged together over the last 3 years before I graduate...

Board of Command
Wed, 11-08-2006, 01:37 AM
Yesterday I gave my friend, who also happens to be my neighbor, a ride to school in the morning. On the way, she said if she could get a ride back home after school. I asked what time. She said 6-7. I said that's a bit late, but I'll see if I can make it work. At around 5, I called her and said I was gonna leave. She says she can finish whatever she's doing by 6:30, so if I could wait until then... I said okay I'll stay, because I had my laptop and was gonna do a programming assignment anyway. I went to meet her at the library.

She had to go to some seminar at 6 and said she'd probably be done by 6:30. She was there with another friend and I deviced a plan for her to contact me (I don't have a cellphone). The plan is: when her thing ends around 6:30, she will call the friend who happens to be sitting next to me. When the friend picks up the phone, I will leave and wait for her outside a nearby building. This is because I don't want to talk to the friend. So far, the plan sounds pretty good. However, I didn't take one factor into account...

And that is the friend leaving the library before she's done. The friend left at around 6:15, leaving no way for her to contact me. Oh well, that's fine, because her thing ends at around 6:30 and taking walking distance into account, I'll go wait for her at 6:40. So come 6:40, I go outside and start waiting. I waited for a very long time and she still hasn't come. I was like wtf... At 7:20, I go to a nearby phone to call her and ask where the hell she was.

She says she's at another friend's dorm studying. I was like WTF?!?! She told me her seminar ended at 7:05 and since it was pretty late, she assumed I left already. She said she didn't want to walk all the way over here (5 minutes tops, if you walk as slow as a turtle) to check if I'm still waiting. As this conversation carried on, I got more and more pissed. Seriously, why the hell would I leave? I'm not one to leave others behind despite how long I wait.

A similar incident happened a couple months ago and she was involved in that as well. I was extremely pissed at how she simply didn't bother to walk over here and check if I'm still waiting. That phone call concluded with her asking how she can make up for this. I just said "Don't bother. Forget about it." She then asks why. Like...wtf??? Is she expecting me to explain this answer? It's not all that hard to understand. By now it was 7:35 and I ended the call by saying "Have fun studying. We'll talk later."

Today I called her to borrow her camera for a school project, because my batteries are dead. First thing she asks me: "Are you doing this because of what happened last night?" WTFFFFFFF? Since when is borrowing a camera an act of revenge? And plus, knowing me as well as she does, I am not someone that dwells on matters like this. Last night she wanted to make up for this, and now she's relunctant to lend me her camera? What am I gonna do? Smash it?

Ok and here's the kicker: she sees me as her closest friend, and I guess that's true. She shares a lot of things with me that she probably shouldn't share simply because I'm the only one she can trust completely. She trusts me so, yet assumed I'd ditch her because she was running a bit late after a seminar?

Assassin
Wed, 11-08-2006, 02:31 AM
Answer: girls are stupid

welcome to life. you'll find that its a bitch.

Stoopider
Wed, 11-08-2006, 03:36 AM
Not really. Just sounds like your friend is damn inconsiderate. I have guys who are pretty shit at keeping time. But she does sound like she's an idiot as well.

Kraco
Wed, 11-08-2006, 04:48 AM
Indeed. It's extremely inconsiderate because she's the one that requested the drive back home as well. Thinking reversibly, that could also explain why she asked if borrowing the camera would be a revenge; she must realise she was way out of line and is conserned you might be pissed off.

I'm not trying to be a jackass and mean no offence whatsoever, but the fact you don't have a cellphone might also be a factor here. Most of the people nowadays have one, and so it's considered a standard way to arrange things these days, decreasing the need for planning and agreeing on everything well beforehand. Thus when somebody doesn't have one, it irritates other people who are thoroughly accustomed to handing everything here and now, everywhere, and changing preplanned plans, like it's possible with cellphones.

complich8
Wed, 11-08-2006, 08:44 AM
Inconsiderate people suck. Don't stay an extra hour just to give someone a ride home, especially when it's pretty obvious they weren't depending on you to begin with.

That's what I think, anyway =D.

RyougaZell
Wed, 11-08-2006, 09:17 AM
I hate cellphones.
Especially when the call me home at night, work related

Psyke
Wed, 11-08-2006, 11:13 AM
For me having a car and a phone is essential for work. However I do agree that irresponsible people are the worst. Don't let your kindness be your weakness. It's alright to treat your friends well, but the line is crossed when they start to exploit you because of "convenience". I don't understand the camera bit too, but if she's a close friend you can always talk it over cause it's not too big an issue after all.

Board of Command
Wed, 11-08-2006, 12:47 PM
I'm not trying to be a jackass and mean no offence whatsoever, but the fact you don't have a cellphone might also be a factor here. Most of the people nowadays have one, and so it's considered a standard way to arrange things these days, decreasing the need for planning and agreeing on everything well beforehand. Thus when somebody doesn't have one, it irritates other people who are thoroughly accustomed to handing everything here and now, everywhere, and changing preplanned plans, like it's possible with cellphones.
I know what you mean. Once I start making more than $0 a month (2 months from now) I'll consider getting one.

SK
Wed, 11-08-2006, 01:40 PM
Man BoC I know exactly what you mean. I've been left behind by so called friends before and have had the exact similar situation of waiting and you find you've waited for no reason. Seems to be the trend at college (I'm assuming you're in college also) full of inconsiderate people IE MY FUCKING ROOMMATE!!!

Board of Command
Wed, 11-08-2006, 02:23 PM
It's a trend that people are unconciously following.

Assertn
Wed, 11-08-2006, 02:35 PM
I hate cellphones.
Especially when the call me home at night, work related

just put your phone on manner mode, dude

masamuneehs
Wed, 11-08-2006, 03:11 PM
i work 20+ hours a week at a dead-end job.
i'm swamped carrying 20 credits this semester.
i still need to find a real job for after this year.
i haven't watched an anime in a week.
i wasn't able to pre-order a Ps3 or a Wii.
i fight just about every other time i see my "girlfriend"

fuck.

RyougaZell
Wed, 11-08-2006, 04:17 PM
just put your phone on manner mode, dude

I would, but then we get scolded for being unavailable when a system crisis occurs.

Anyways.
I also hate to sit at work without doing anything. The system failed today and we could not work during all the morning.

Seems the system is up already though.

Winged Dancer
Wed, 11-08-2006, 05:20 PM
So I have to write an essay on how narrators work in the construction of an alternate world in the poetry of the First World War and it's effects on WHO CARES?!?

I know literature isn't the most useful subject to know about, but even then, why can't I write my essays on something relevant?

Assassin
Wed, 11-08-2006, 10:33 PM
oh bitch bitch bitch....thats all you people ever do.

@WD: because you chose to study literature. its irrelevant by definition.

SK
Thu, 11-09-2006, 01:57 AM
Okay, me and my friend are chilling at Starbucks, he is studying, I had a reading to do but I wasn't doing it so I was just sitting there. I was looking at the painting they have and for some reason I just got into this really peaceful state, as if I was enshrouded in a ball and my mind and everything was calm. As I am enjoying this, suddenly these kids who I hate, and who know I hate them, come in to the picture, of course being loud and obnoxious as always. They begin to talk to my friend, who doesn't like them much either, but he is unlike myself, in that he feels the need to play along and act, while I see no advantages in doing so. Anyway this group of people have done fucked up shit, eventually leading to them calling the cops on me and almost getting me arrested, my friend knows all this of course. Yet, he still acts as if everything is cool and actually says he doesn't mind them. I just feel there is something inherently wrong about that, as if it is dishonest in some way, and I also feel like my friend is fucking me over by acting as if there is nothing wrong with the situation.

Thats my bitching for now.

Winged Dancer
Thu, 11-09-2006, 07:50 AM
@WD: because you chose to study literature. its irrelevant by definition.

I know! It's like you attend to college to learn how to sound like a self-important douchebag! And even then, that essay is pointless. If it's pointless within the pointless, what does that make it?

And SK... wow, that's just bad, bad luck. What a sucky situation.

Board of Command
Thu, 11-09-2006, 06:33 PM
Got all four of my wisdom teeth out today. Yeah... I don't think I need to elaborate.

complich8
Fri, 11-10-2006, 01:14 AM
I just feel there is something inherently wrong about that, as if it is dishonest in some way, and I also feel like my friend is fucking me over by acting as if there is nothing wrong with the situation.

It's true. That's a shitty way for a person to be... but maybe you're projecting your opinion of the people in question on him, and he doesn't actually share that evaluation?

I grew up knowing a couple guys who were total dicks to me. I really hated them (I treated one of them to a particularly severe and entirely deserved pounding, after which his family immediately listed their house and moved out of the neighborhood).

They had been antagonizing me incrementally more for years, so I had a lot of antipathy for them, but I was alone in being targeted by them (apparently I was the only person they were a dick to) and in disliking them -- they were popular, wealthy, and generally considered "good kids" by classmates and their families. So, I found myself alone in my antipathy for them as well.

Anyway, my own subjectivity as essentially their victim caused to misjudge how well-liked they were. They had a lot of friends, and speaking badly about them tended to backfire.

Everyone has good and bad sides, and sometimes people will choose you alone to reveal their bad sides to. An objective evaluation would probably show that they're not as bad as you think they are, nor as good as their parents probably think they are.

If your friend really does share your antipathy for them, then he's probably as uncomfortable as you are, and being disingenuous. Consider that his bad side. On the other hand, he could genuinely not feel that bad about those guys, in which case you're on your own, and it's probably best to just forgive and not-forget.

Incidentally, I ended up being ok with most of the people in that group after a couple years went by without their defeated and exiled "leader" :p.

Got all four of my wisdom teeth out today. Yeah... I don't think I need to elaborate.

Pain! Mine had to come out way pre-emergence, which meant a general and some real pain. It's never fun healing after they've gotta cut away 3/4 of an inch of tissue to get to the thing they're trying to remove...

And now, for my dose of bitching for the day:

I go into work today, and immediately get a call from one of my directors, telling me that her personal laptop (she has 3 laptops: 2 work ones and a personal one) is having issues. This is a machine that I've never touched, I don't even know the hardware specs on it, and she's asking me how to fix it. Over the phone.

Well, it's probably virused, from the description of what's broken (LSASS.exe crashes on boot). There's nothing I can do about it... I'm not about to talk her through burning a knoppix cd and using it to copy her files off, and the vendor tech support people are apparently telling her "just put in the windows cd, and it'll fix it" ... so now I am stuck supporting a random virused piece of crap that is in dire need of a reformat and a better virus scanner -- things I'd be able to give her, if she had come to me to set the machine up in the first place.

I hate supporting laptops in general, because there's no good way to do it when they're out in the wild. Do I stick them on a domain and run into login-time auth problems when they're at some remote site with a horrible firewall ruleset? Do I drop a virus scanner with autoupdates and a personal firewall on the machine and let them flap in the breeze, hoping they stay on top of their own update cycle but knowing they won't? But this is beyond even that! "Here's a machine you didn't even know I had! Support it!!!"

Fuck that shit. I'm wearing my No, I will not fix your computer shirt to work at least once per laundry cycle now, and pointing to it whenever random shit like that happens. If you don't give me a chance to get you set up sanely out of the box, how the fuck do you expect me to support you when it breaks due to your insane configuration?

Oh, finally ... gotwoot's main server (ie: what you're reading from now) seems to break at odd, unusual times for no apparent reason. I think it's overloaded and needs a memory upgrade, or needs to stop hosting one of the random other websites it's hosting, or possibly just unload a certain module that may be causing problems. But ... none of that is stuff that goes over very well when I suggest it...

SK
Fri, 11-10-2006, 01:19 AM
It's true. That's a shitty way for a person to be... but maybe you're projecting your opinion of the people in question on him, and he doesn't actually share that evaluation?

I grew up knowing a couple guys who were total dicks to me. I really hated them (I treated one of them to a particularly severe and entirely deserved pounding, after which his family immediately listed their house and moved out of the neighborhood).

They had been antagonizing me incrementally more for years, so I had a lot of antipathy for them, but I was alone in being targeted by them (apparently I was the only person they were a dick to) and in disliking them -- they were popular, wealthy, and generally considered "good kids" by classmates and their families. So, I found myself alone in my antipathy for them as well.

Anyway, my own subjectivity as essentially their victim caused to misjudge how well-liked they were. They had a lot of friends, and speaking badly about them tended to backfire.

Everyone has good and bad sides, and sometimes people will choose you alone to reveal their bad sides to. An objective evaluation would probably show that they're not as bad as you think they are, nor as good as their parents probably think they are.

If your friend really does share your antipathy for them, then he's probably as uncomfortable as you are, and being disingenuous. Consider that his bad side. On the other hand, he could genuinely not feel that bad about those guys, in which case you're on your own, and it's probably best to just forgive and not-forget.

Incidentally, I ended up being ok with most of the people in that group after a couple years went by without their defeated and exiled "leader" :p.

You hit it perfectly.

samsonlonghair
Fri, 11-10-2006, 02:56 AM
No, I will not fix your computer
I feel your pain. I probably don't know half what you know in computers, but every damn time something breaks down at work I get called in to fix it. I'm a fucking DJ, not an engineer. It's my job to make fun of Federline, not to fix computers. Hell, my station has an engineer. Fixing stuff is his job. Despite this, every damn time something goes wrong with our network I hear, "Sam, the internet is broken!" to which I reply, "what?"

By now I must have told every damn employee here that at any given time our network problems could be caused by our out-of-date router, our shitty ISP, a problem on his/her local machine or something as simple as a missing cord. Don't laugh; I once actually had to "fix" a problem consisting of someone accidentally pulling out her network cable. I want to yell at all these people, "It's 2006 now; understanding what a computer does is no longer optional!"

I once tried to explain why it's almost impossible for the entire internet to be "broken". I wound up just sounding like a smug jackass of course.

I found out last week that the opposite can actually be more frustrating.

Some guys from Google came by to load new software on our computers. (It turns out that one of the many things Google under the name "dMarc" has bought recently is a software suite radio stations use called "scott studios".) Our station has been using different forms of this software for years with great success. Google's "update" has knocked us off of the air more times recently than in the entire time I've worked here. The new software isn't even a Beta; It's early Alpha at best (even basic parts of the Gui like scroll bars are missing). We get to be the lucky radio station that tests out this new software.

Despite all these screw ups these Google employees are the most self-important assholes I've ever met. They're under the assumption that anyone who doesn't work at Google knows nothing. When I try to report a problem with the software, they assume it's me. The first time this happened they actually asked, "are you sure the computer is turned on?" Even when I tell them that I understand how a piece of software works they insist on treating me like a child. They explained to me very slowly how to import data with a mysterious program called "Firefox". Thanks guys, I've never heard of Firefox before. I tried to tell them that the first time I compiled Firefox was three years ago when it was called "Pheonix," but they had never heard of that before, so they assumed that I was confused. They got really pissed when I told them that Opera still renders CSS noticeably faster.

XanBcoo
Fri, 11-10-2006, 03:08 AM
Fuck that shit. I'm wearing my No, I will not fix your computer shirt to work at least once per laundry cycle now, and pointing to it whenever random shit like that happens.
One of my best friends has that shirt. He's also got Let me stop what I'm doing and work on your problem. Awesome.

I've actually got nothing to bitch about. I'm on an emotional high I haven't experienced in several months. Though, I am having problems with some Python programming homework assignment (again, pretty easy stuff, I'm just inexperienced and having to teach myself). But meh.

I'm a fucking DJ, not an engineer. It's my job to make fun of Federline, not to fix computers.
Heh, don't worry, he makes fun of himself just by existing. God only knows what will happen now that he doesn't have his Britanny's money to back him up anymore.

Board of Command
Fri, 11-10-2006, 09:42 AM
I agree. People shouldn't be relying on others, nowadays, to fix their trivial computer issues. Anyone who actually puts a little effort into learning about computers can do so with easy in today's day and age. I mean...take me for example. I'm just about 18 and I've had no formal training in working with computers or taken any real computer course in my life but I know a lot about them. How? I do my own research. When there is a problem I've never encounted before, I try to find a solution on my own. With Google at your fingertips, chances are you'll find the answer somewhere out on the web.

Ryllharu
Fri, 11-10-2006, 11:51 AM
BoC, definitely. I come across the rare problem I can't fix on my own, so I ask my roommate who knows more than I do. However, I only ask him how to get me started, I do the actual work myself, because if it happens again, I need to know how to fix it next time on my own.
---------------------
Anyhow, I got a good one that happened to me yesterday. I have a professor for a Mechanical Design class, who, though hilarious, is probably senile. You laugh during the class (at 8am no less) but then come around exam time, we learn the real problem. He hasn't taught us anything, and expects us to know everything.

He gave a lecture on shaft design one class before our exam. Most professors won't include material they just taught, or that the students haven't done any homework on. Don't worry, he gets around that one. The homework we had to hand in was all about shaft design, before we had even learned it! So, shaft design, of which we had had a single lecture covering only the basics, was about half of the exam.

Now for the exam itself. Our class is about an hour and fifteen minutes long. It's open book, so it shouldn't feasibly be that hard, right? What our professor does is take examples from the book, modify a variable or two and paste it onto the exam. The problem? It's in the supplementary book that costs $100 extra. Fortunately, I not only bought it accidentally at the beginning of the year, I brought it with me. In a class of about 60 students, maybe half had it. The first problem alone takes half an hour to copy out of the book. To Copy!! It's that long. That means you have a half an hour to do two more Mechanical engineering design problems. (One of which I found the the supplementary text during the last 5 minutes of the exam.)

Now...let's think for a moment. Half the class has the book, and so they will be able to finish on time. If you're familiar with college Engineering problems, you know that a single problem can very possibly take upwards of an hour to do on your own, unless you know exactly what you're doing. On a shear and bending moment analysis of a shaft with two bearing supports, a gear on one end, and a pulley putting torque on the middle at an angle, no one knows exactly what they are doing.

So, half the class is basically screwed. They can do the other two problems without too much effort, but they still have a third of the test to do without any idea how to go about it, since we just we half-assedly taught this two days ago. With the book, the test takes about an hour to do. Without the book, it would easily take 3 hours to do. We had an hour and fifteen minutes.

Fair? hell no. I had the book, so I think I probably did okay, but I've been in the other position before. This man is insane, he changes his basis of grading arbitrarily after assigning something but before it's due, gives us essays to write that require a book to do (of which there are exactly 3 copies in the library for 60 students), and does not know how to write a test in order to pace it so undergraduate students can possibly do it.

College is fun, isn't it?

Assertn
Fri, 11-10-2006, 11:51 AM
It's my job to make fun of Federline, not to fix computers.
Speaking of making fun of Federline......this (http://www.kevinfederline.com/) has to be the worst web site on the internet. It seriously takes 10 minutes just to load the news section so you can see federline walk forward a little bit xd

IFHTT
Fri, 11-10-2006, 12:39 PM
Speaking of making fun of Federline......this (http://www.kevinfederline.com/) has to be the worst web site on the internet. It seriously takes 10 minutes just to load the news section so you can see federline walk forward a little bit xd

What the fuck, is about the only phrase that comes to mind, after seeing the loadtime and the associated walking video coupled with HOW FUCKING USELESS IT IS.

I hope his divorce allows his 15 minutes in the spotlight to fade away...

Board of Command
Fri, 11-10-2006, 01:20 PM
What the hell...is that hosted on some 14.4K server? After seeing how long it took to load 2%...I just closed the window.

masamuneehs
Sat, 11-18-2006, 01:29 PM
first off, i'm in a course that is listed as 4 credits (out of 20 total for the semester) but because the Prof is doing his last year, and because he's a hardass, i'm working more like it's 7 or 8 credits. The amount of work I have to do for this class is so disproportionate to what I'm going to get out of it, and meanwhile it's dragging down my grades in other classes. But naturally Cornell is as inflexible about this as they are everything...

and the group i'm in are a bunch of pricks (except the girl who I hooked up with, she's alright). They're all City and Regional Planning majors, and i'm the only one who isn't. So they have all the group meetings on the other fucking side of campus, at their building AND insist on using a program that is based in a lab that only they have access to and that I'd need to pay $140 to buy for my PC (they get it free). And then they complain about me not doing enough work! GODDAMNIT FOOLS I DONT HAVE ACCESS TO THE SAME SHIT YOU DO! And so I'm laboring in Excel to do shit that it takes them about 5 minutes to do, and they throw more work on me because I'm "slacking" and they think I can do more.

and the bitch in charge of the group even told the professor that she thought I should get marked down for it. She also is the one who set up our weekly meetings with the Prof at 730 on Monday, when I always always always have work, and this I told the group when we started. I told the Prof he can expect a formal complaint on grading if he marks me any less than the rest of the group.

oh, and I was up all last night fighting and breaking up with my girlfriend. Drove home from her place at like 6am. This is the second time we've broken up, but I made it pretty clear that this was the last end. I'm graduating soon anyway and things just weren't working out. Most importantly, she never really earned my respect, and in turn I probably didn't treat her as well as I should have. Guess when you fuck on the second date and the whole relationship is based around sex it retards any deeper intimacy, but it's partialy her fault for never showing that she wanted to move beyond that.

and now i'm working away on my "slacker's" portion of the project. hurrah:(

complich8
Sat, 11-18-2006, 04:40 PM
... AND insist on using a program that is based in a lab that only they have access to and that I'd need to pay $140 to buy for my PC (they get it free).

Mathematica?

And yeah, your group is a bunch of asshats.

woofcat
Sat, 11-18-2006, 09:55 PM
****Warning, this is a long story, also it is not finished. I will edit it later. to add ending****

Ok, today over all was shitty. But more shitty than normal. First, i got stuck watching our 2 dogs today since other people were out doing stuff. They ate various things that pissed me off but not that much.

Since everyone was out of the house, my step sister decided to go to her grandma's house. Cool i thought, house to my self. Watch some anime, browse the web etc.

Well around 8 at night my step grandma? calls. She wants to know if my parents are home yet. I say no, and she says "I didn't think they would be"

So the night progresses, to 9. and i get the same phone call. But ok, then a hang up.

So at 9:37 (yay caller id) she calls again. She tells me to call Karen(my step mom) and have her call her now. I say ok.

at this point i am already pissed off. Are her fingers broken. She can call me but not her daughters cell phone.

So i dial my step mothers phone it goes to voice mail so i hang up. Then i call my fathers cell phone and i hear it ring in his brief case. So i hang up. Walk back up stairs, sit down. and the phone rings.

At 9:35 my step brother calls. He is at collage. He asks if they are home yet. I say no, still out and that his grandmother called telling me to call Karen, but neither are available via cell phone. He says he will call his grandmother and see what she wanted.

A few moments later he calls back. Asking me for my grandmothers phone number (were they went for the day) because it was some sort of emergency. I comply and give the number.

What part of this you might be wondering is about bitching? Well. I feel semi bad for not working my hardest now knowing that it is an emergency of some sort. But why the fuck would you not point that out when you call someone Its sorta like lets call 911 and just ask for an ambulance but not tell them why. I viewed the phone call as a general request. Not a priority matter.

And due to there shitty communication skills i will be blamed for something. Most likely failing to contact them in under 10 minutes. But what ever.

I'll update later when they get home and tell you what happened and what they yelled at me for later.

Board of Command
Sat, 11-18-2006, 10:19 PM
So at 9:37 (yay caller id) she calls again. She tells me to call Karen(my step mom) and have her call her now. I say ok.
At 9:35 my step brother calls. He is at collage. He asks if they are home yet. I say no, still out and that his grandmother called telling me to call Karen, but neither are available via cell phone. He says he will call his grandmother and see what she wanted.

Wait...is this a typo?

Anyway, I don't see much to bitch about. Just a series of phone calls.

RyougaZell
Sat, 11-18-2006, 11:34 PM
I don't see why can't he bitch about it.

A lot of calls, none stating its an emergency till the last one. And he could be blamed for not being "helpful", but like he stated, they never stated it.

He couldn't know that way.

Its annoying when people want something, don't tell you what they want, and then blame you for not doing so.

woofcat
Sat, 11-18-2006, 11:40 PM
Its more of. I will get in shit for.

a) not giving a damn (i don't care)
b) not calling my grandmothers since it was an emergency

A lot of it has to do with tone. Apon reading it, i can understand it not making sense. I am sorry.

When my step brother called, the second time. it was more of "Its an emergency thats why she said now." As if i were to know, and care.

Same thing will happen with my parents when they get back. It will have been expected of me to interpret "now" as emergency and not as impolite.

Example. If i say. "Get me a glass of water now" in a monotone voice, and i am chocking, then later blame you for not acting swiftly.

xDarkMaster
Sat, 11-18-2006, 11:47 PM
I can see why woofcat is angry. I know I some times get annoyed even when someone calls me right after I got through with them.

As for the whole emergency thing, I know I have a monotone voice so I feel you. ;)

XanBcoo
Sun, 11-19-2006, 02:16 AM
Tonight I went to a concert for The Who. Fucking amazing. I loved it.

So what am I bitching about? My friend, who lives near where the concert was, agreed to drive me to it. I drove to his house, left my car there, and he took me to the concert. He was a little concerned that he might not make it to the stores by midnight to pick up a Wii, but he said that as long as the concert was over before 11:00, he would definitely come and pick me up. Chances are, I could go get his Wii with him, and we could play for a while before I went home. That would been kinda cool, actually. A nice way to end a really rockin' day.

Half way through the concert, he texts me saying "shit, the lines for the Wii are long. I'm getting in line now."

So...I call him when the concert ends at 10:45, and he says he's still in line, and won't come and get me until he gets his Wii, which would have been after 12:00. Given travel time, among other things, that would mean I would have to wait about 2 hours for him outside the concert. I ended up walking 3 miles through Downtown Houston (which is not a nice place) to get to my car.

Y'know, I don't even care that he made me walk to my car. The fact is, he promised to pick me up, and then buggered off to buy his video game console, leaving me alone. I was on a major buzz after this concert. It was the first one I've ever been to, and it was for my absolute favorite band. The show was awesome. Things could not have been better. I had built up all this excitement and hype beforehand, released it all during the concert, and was in a seriously good mood afterwards. And then he killed it. He fucking killed it for me. That's borderline "unforgivable" in my book. It'll take me a while to cool off. I hope he enjoys his Wii.

Board of Command
Sun, 11-19-2006, 02:36 AM
People these days are way too serious about game consoles. It happened with X360. It's happening right now with Wii. It's about to happen with the PS3. People just can't seem to wait a few days, or even a week, to buy the new hot thing out there. Sure, you'll be "out of the loop" for a couple days but who gives a shit? It's just video games. Well I guess the people setting up tents outside Best Buy do...

Kraco
Sun, 11-19-2006, 04:28 AM
While I'm not trying to justify him breaking his promise and not picking you up, it could be that for him getting his Wii might have been just as important as it was for you to be in the concert.

Animeniax
Sun, 11-19-2006, 07:18 AM
That's true Kraco, but then his friend shouldn't have agreed to pick him up, or at least he could have texted him an apology.

@XanBcoo: You could have taken a taxi home.

I'm getting pretty fed up with unreliable "friends" myself. Don't tell your friend (me) you're going to do something, then not do it.

RyougaZell
Sun, 11-19-2006, 11:07 AM
A little off topic... everybody is fighting to get a Wii or PS3... meanwhile Im buying a NDS... LOL....

On topic...

I hate that whenever Im talking with my parents and one of my siblings talks to them, they completely forget Im speaking. Whenever I try that they tell me to wait or shut up. Shit happens when you are the youngest, even at 25 :P.

Why am I bitching about it? cause it has been the same story ever since I learnt to talk :P

Animeniax
Sun, 11-19-2006, 11:32 AM
I'm with you, this mad rush for the latest and greatest is ridiculous. I'm about to buy a PS2 so I can spend my holidays playing Okami, FF XII, Killzone, and Black.

It's funny, I'm a middle child and didn't get the attention of the troublesome kids or the good students, but now that we're all grown up and my parents are getting old, I'm the only kid in the family who is willing to let them move in with me to take care of them in their old age. I also make the most money in the family, but I'm still considered unsuccessful because I'm not in medicine or law or something that is traditionally considered a good job field.

el_boss
Sun, 11-19-2006, 12:49 PM
I also make the most money in the family, but I'm still considered unsuccessful because I'm not in medicine or law or something that is traditionally considered a good job field.
Are you a drug baron? :D

Animeniax
Sun, 11-19-2006, 01:25 PM
Are you a drug baron? :D
Nope, I'm a civilian contractor in that one place in the mid east. You've probably seen a little about it on TV.

Yukimura
Fri, 11-24-2006, 03:24 AM
That damned Kirai and her Sunshine and Puppies thread really piss me off. Primarily it's because I'm a bitter loser and hate being reminded of the fact that other people aren't also bitter losers. I mean, I get it and I accept it...some people can make lemonade, but I still hate when it gets rubbed in my face. I don't have a damn spoon! How the fuck am I supposed to make lemonade? Just pour it all in the pitcher and hope that it just equally distributes itself eventually? I think not.

Secondly...Why Kirai! With all the content, decently adjusted people on this channel the one person I thought I could always count on to rain on the parade and bring some good old fashioned gloom to the brightest moments decides to pull a 180 and start being positive...That's some bullshit!

PS: I'm not actually emo, I just don't like happy things.

Animeniax
Fri, 11-24-2006, 07:51 AM
Kirai is a girl? Is she hot?

KitKat
Wed, 12-06-2006, 09:31 PM
I'm usually one of the happiest and cheeriest people around, but there is one thing that never fails to make me miserable. Being sick. This is the first time I've been sick in a year and a half. I think this is a new record for me, actually, and I'm quite surprised that I emerged unscathed at the end of last year when all of my housemates and what seemed like half of the university were sick.

Anyways, I was home for the weekend for an early family Christmas (my Grandma migrates down to warmer climes each winter and wanted to go early this year), and there are few things more contagious than a four-year-old. My little cousin left me with a virus that has been making my life a misery the past few days. At times like these I wish my mom was around to make me soup, and hot chocolate, and little sandwiches cut up into tiny squares, but I'm left with scrounging up food for myself and staring at the dishearteningly growing pile of dishes in the sink that I know won't ever get done until I do them, even as I put off the inevitable by eating my lunch out of little bowls with a big spoon. I guess the one high point of my day was when I ran out of Kleenex (a moment of dread here....nothing makes one's nose quite so sore as having to use toilet paper on it) and my one housemate drove to the store to get me a new box. The extra-soft kind, with lotion in them. Thank goodness for small mercies. And now, I'm going back to sleep. Being awake is so unpleasant.

woofcat
Wed, 12-06-2006, 10:00 PM
worst day ever.

i wake up and i am late, to law.

i get threw law and make it to lunch. i go to a buddies house. the car is parked, i get out, walk around the back of the car, slip, and fracture my wrist. fuck.

I then go to comp sci and put the soldering iron into my hand.

today sucked.

Also, i can only type with left hand, damn casty thing.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 12-13-2006, 04:25 PM
I'm feeling really down in the past month or so..
it's kinda strange, whenever i'm at the army, I keep thinking about the weekend when i can go home (it's over a month since my last weekend in the army, due to some strange problems), but when i'm finally home, i feel like shit and get depressed, and then i'm not getting well with my family, and it generally sucks.

I'm feeling like i'm somehow losing intrest in most of the things i'm doing.. I mean, since i'm not in school anymore, I can hardly keep in touch with the people from highschool, and other than them, I hardly have people i know... at most cases, even the people i know, it's always a one-way street. If I don't try myself to stay connected, I simply won't see anyone anymore...
and actually, I hate calling people twenty times and never getting anyone to answer or to give a damn...

Same thing with the girl I like, I can accept it that she doesn't feel the same and wants us to be 'friends', but she won't let me meet her even like that, and whenever she says 'not today' it makes me even feel worse..

I don't know, there's a part of me that wants to stay home all day, every day and just go back to being a normal person, but i sometimes think that it'll be the best if i just spent an entire month at the base just so that things will move on.

Deadfire
Thu, 01-11-2007, 02:07 PM
Today sucked due to the fact my host made me change my password, and now will not accept that new password as the password to my account. this is my support ticket given to them that explains this...

This host sort of pissed me off today, beginning when I tried to make a table in my mysql database.

Accessing my customer page I was informed I had to change my password. This I disliked alot as alot of my files on the server access the databases and with password changes I have to go and edit all these files with the new password. What I disliked more is that you FORCED! me to change it. You gave NO option to not change it and allow me to continue what I came to do.

"Fine, whatever" I said changing the password, then more problems happened

I try to FTP with the new password... It doesn't work. Angered I created a new FTP account with root access, I got in. Using that I changed the config files with the new password to the database and tested them. They fail, I try it again with the old password, that fails as well.

At my limit of dislike, I try to log into my customer page to see what is up...and long behold I can't log in.

So I will ask that because I would like my site function. Because you know thats why I paid for hosting in the first place, I would like you to assist me with matter. I tried to call your support but it appears that they are to busy to assist me that way (Also, I sort of disliked the fact you had "money" from pink floyd as hold music)

As a Side note currently where I am has no access to my e-mail, as I would have checked the change to my password, however I don't think it matters as the new password I put in is both written down and saved on my computer.

*sigh*

samsonlonghair
Thu, 01-11-2007, 05:24 PM
Fucking shit.

I repeat, fucking shit.

I just got a new tire on Monday (after driving on a dough nut for half a month) and after only four days the damn thing busts. Now I'm stranded in a shithole town called Welch, WV. If you've never been to Welch, Imagine the most backwater town in America. Now imagine worse.

Edit, just to illustrate how much of a backwoods hellhole I'm stuck in, here's an excerpt from wikipedia:

In 2006, the city made national headlines. It was alleged that Police Chief Robert K. Bowman stopped CPR from being conducted on Claude Green Jr during a heart attack. Bowman recognized Green as a member of the local gay community, and insisted that he was HIV positive and should not receive CPR. Green later died at a local hospital, and was shown to not be HIV positive. The American Civil Liberties Union has a pending lawsuit against the city and Bowman.

That's the redneck town I'm stuck in.

Honoko
Thu, 01-11-2007, 09:44 PM
Fucking shit.

I repeat, fucking shit.

I just got a new tire on Monday (after driving on a dough nut for half a month) and after only four days the damn thing busts. Now I'm stranded in a shithole town called Welch, WV. If you've never been to Welch, Imagine the most backwater town in America. Now imagine worse.
First I thought, "it can't be that bad if you're able to find internet." And then I read that lover-ly story. Fucking Shit.

Psyke
Thu, 01-11-2007, 09:54 PM
That sounds really really terrible....

Any luck with your tyre now? It's always good to carry a spare around, just for such incidents...

Bucket
Thu, 01-11-2007, 10:27 PM
I was looking forward to a tasty microwavable pizza.

I should've stuck with the old brand. When I sank my teeth into it, I was greeted by the most unholy abomination of flavor ever to invade my mouth. I feel disgusting, like "raped by a clown" disgusting. It didn't taste like pizza. It didn't taste like food. I cannot for the life of me describe how it did taste, and I'm not about to go near it again to find out. It's sitting on the stove because I'm afraid to touch it.

RyougaZell
Fri, 01-12-2007, 01:24 AM
I have to work in half an hour. At 1am Mexico Time... bleh.

Kraco
Fri, 01-12-2007, 04:16 AM
I should've stuck with the old brand. When I sank my teeth into it, I was greeted by the most unholy abomination of flavor ever to invade my mouth. I feel disgusting, like "raped by a clown" disgusting. It didn't taste like pizza. It didn't taste like food. I cannot for the life of me describe how it did taste, and I'm not about to go near it again to find out. It's sitting on the stove because I'm afraid to touch it.

Check if the manufacturer has a website, and if it does, give them some feedback. Who knows, they could surprise you. Either way, all real manufacturers need and generally appreciate feedback, positive and negative, according to my experience. If sales figures are their only form of feedback, it will help them only in a limited manner.

If they don't have a web site, I wouldn't bother. A botchy company isn't worth the time to give them feedback.

KitKat
Fri, 01-12-2007, 03:31 PM
Pizza rant.

I used to buy No Name brand mini-pizzas because, well, they were the cheapest pizzas in the store. I ate them because I was a student and had neither money nor time. I kept buying them out of habit because....I'm really cheap, and sometimes just don't feel like making dinner. One time a friend of mine bought them to see if they were any good, and after trying one came up with so many terrible epithets for how vile the pizzas tasted that I was shamed into moving up to buying the more expensive brand.

Bucket
Fri, 01-12-2007, 05:13 PM
You guys seem to be under the impression that I was exaggerating for dramatic effect.

However, I eat cheap frozen pizza all the time. Some are a bit rubbery, others bland, still others have a predictable soy/onion flavor... but at the very least you can think to yourself "this tastes somewhat like a cheese, sauce and pepperoni combination" or somesuch. A little garlic or oregano can fix up a cheap pizza in a jiffy.

Not so with this pizza. It was a full-force assault on my taste buds. The texture was akin to a block of wax. Furthermore, there are basically two categories of "ingestibles" into which the brain can instantly categorize its current flavor data without any other stimuli (including, but not limited to):

REMOTELY EDIBLE
- Dairy
- Starches
- Meats
- Roughage
- Toothpaste
- Food on the floor for less than 5 seconds
- etc.

NON-EDIBLE / TOXIC
- Foot medication
- Toilet stains
- Ceiling tile
- Bottles emblazoned with the "Mr. Yuck" sticker
- Rubber
- etc.

My nervous system, upon receiving the chemicals contained within the pizza, went into emergency reflex mode-- like pulling my hand off a bunsen burner-- instantly rejecting the "food" in my hands whilst empirically deciding beyond a shadow of a doubt that whatever I had just tasted belonged in the second category.

Yukimura
Fri, 01-12-2007, 05:25 PM
I think I understand where Bucket is coming from. I have also have an instinctive reflex against unacceptable things being in my mouth. I nearly vomited once because someone had me taste an 'exotic dish' that I was not ready for. My stomach and throat threw into reverse immediately after it touched my tounge and I had to spit it out and guzzle water stay stable. I told him he could keep hs gourmet food and I'd stick to my safe processed americianized cuisince.

ChaosK
Fri, 01-12-2007, 10:43 PM
Not so with this pizza. It was a full-force assault on my taste buds. The texture was akin to a block of wax. Furthermore, there are basically two categories of "ingestibles" into which the brain can instantly categorize its current flavor data without any other stimuli (including, but not limited to)

I know exactly where you're coming from. One time there was a huge sale on the microwave pizzas at the supermarket, but it was their store brand. Unable to resist the bargain, I ended up buying like 7 of those nasty mother fuckers. These things were so nasty, after I spit out my first bite, I threw random leftovers together and ate that for dinner instead.

And the other 6 shitty pizzas? Well, I invited some friends over purposely around dinner time knowing they'd probably be hungry and pretty much they took them.

masamuneehs
Sat, 01-27-2007, 12:16 PM
fucking pissed off because in early December I took my car (2002 Nissan Altima 2.0) down to an autobody shop here at school and told them "it's got 12,000 miles on it. I need the routine standard inspection and maintenence for cars when they hit/go over 10,000". I come back the next day and the guy charges me only $30, said all I needed was an oil change and that "all the levels on everything else were fine"

Four days after that I get back home and my car fucking dies, a block from my house on my own damn street. I have to get it towed and pay for 2 new sensors, but I ask the people to please do whatever other work they think will be needed to keep it running.

Today I go out to start my car after having it sit in the freezing cold weather for 2 days, and it won't start. Engine won't even turn over. I'm so fucking pissed off. Why are mechanics the fucking stupidest and most dickheaded group of people to ever walk the earth?

el_boss
Sat, 01-27-2007, 12:39 PM
I had that problem with my car, that it would not start in cold weather that is. Turned out I just needed to add som distilled water in the battery and kept the battery inside for a day.

Also it's good to have a pair of jumper cables and a friend that has a car nearby.

dark maginn
Sun, 01-28-2007, 02:59 PM
Yup that that same shit happen to me......its really makes me mad

Deadfire
Sun, 01-28-2007, 09:15 PM
Some of you don't visit IRC so you all may not know about my mis-adventures with my computer

It all started with me thinking it would be a good idea to upgrade my OS from windows XP home to XP PRO. Which seemed to be a good idea at the time. However during setup my hard disk fails to write something and corrupts one system file, and all that followed. So booting up into my now "updated" OS didn't happen. So I did a FIXBOOT and it finally booted into it....slowly.

The system files were still fudged up so everything was very slow...I'm talking 5 mins to move to "my computer". So I restarted it in to my second OS I have on my second drive, pulled the data I wanted to back-up over and then put my XP disc in to repair the system files. This didn't go as well as I would of have liked, as right in the middle of the repair windows decides that it doesn't want to repair, it wants just for me to reinstall. (I must make a note here that I did laugh only once at this point because it told me"windows has found a major fault with the OS and must be reinstalled...I wonder what the fault was..hmmm Windows itself maybe?)

Anyways, I said "whatever" and reinstalled my OS losing with it all my games I don't have the serials for any more, thank goodness that was it. After the reinstall and getting my drivers all back and everything back to normal I noted I had to reinstall the firmware for my dvd burner. To do that you would make sure it's the only drive on the ribbon (and set to master) As I unscrew my case one screw instead of going into my hand...went in to my power supply.

So I unhooked power supply to try to see if the screw will fall out it's self..it doesn't. so I shake it a few times to get it out.. thats not going to work either. So I open the power supply (remember never ever do this unless your grounded and know somewhat what your doing) I cut my finger open doing it, and get the screw out using little wood things I found. so with the screw out I hook everything back up only to have the power supply no longer work. and this point I really don't want to go outside...but I have too. So into the -38 C weather with blowing snow at 20 km/h to go to best buy to get myself a new power supply.

So getting there and getting back, I finally put the new one in and it works. no issues. After drinking some warm tea I decided to post this story of my day

So in closing there is a lesson to be learned here....I just don't know what it is... I'll figure it out later.

kAi
Sun, 01-28-2007, 09:25 PM
Lesson of the story, DF sucks.

That ends my bitch rant for today.

Munsu
Mon, 01-29-2007, 03:49 AM
Fucking cold air is coming out of the heater, it's pissing me off.

KitKat
Tue, 02-13-2007, 05:49 PM
There's a huge snowstorm here today, and I woke up this morning fully expecting a snow day, only to come to the unfortunate realization that the school was still open. Then I couldn't concentrate all day long because I'd been so convinced I wouldn't have to go to work that when I actually ended up at work, it was like an unpleasant dream. It better be a snowday tomorrow or I'm not going to be impressed at all.

Lucifus
Tue, 02-13-2007, 06:04 PM
Its been raining all day since I left for school this morning. I had to walk home in the rain because my cell phone battery died and my parents wont let me take the car to school. Went to work only to be held there 30 mins overtime because my boss accidentally gave me the wrong information to enter into our database. On the way back home I had to stay in basically the exact same spot for about 15 mins because three dumbasses crashed their cars at the intersection. And upon getting out of the car I stepped into a foot deep water from the rain making me really pissed off. Theres my bitching for the day.

Winged Dancer
Tue, 02-13-2007, 06:09 PM
Goddamit, will the wheather ever decide what it wants to be?? Two days ago I had to use scarf and jacket and still had my face all red because of the cold. But today I go out in the morning with long-sleeved shirt and twenty minutes later I had to come inside and change because it was so hot I was sweating. Staining-the-shirt sweating.

And according to the local weather channel, it'll be cold tonight - again - and cold tomorrow - again - with rain the day after, and sun that very afternoon. Really, I just wish we had winter or spring or summer, not all three at the same time.

Kraco
Tue, 02-13-2007, 06:39 PM
And upon getting out of the car I stepped into a foot deep water from the rain making me really pissed off.

Damn, I hate that. It's really annoying. Yet it happens as if it was as inevitable as z getting kicked out of #gotwoot.

RyougaZell
Wed, 02-14-2007, 12:36 AM
Lets see...
1) I have a cold.
2) I have to work in 3 hours (2:30am)
3) My head is kinda spinning
4) Got neg repped just because I posted on Terra's latest thread.
5) I hate February 14

SK
Wed, 02-14-2007, 01:29 AM
I hate people.

Spiegel
Wed, 02-14-2007, 11:59 AM
I hate how my school loves the irony of having a Chastity talk on Valentines Day.... Fun!

EDIT: MY SISTER JUST F***ING SOLD MY PS2 ON EBAY!

DB_Hunter
Thu, 02-15-2007, 10:13 AM
I've got a cold.

I have a slight cough and a sore throat.

My hands are cold.

My body is aching.

Have not gone to work, which is a plus, but can't really go out with mates cos they are all at work.

Necromas
Sun, 02-18-2007, 12:11 PM
My brother's been growing pot in the basement for some time now. My mom has known about it for months and kept yelling at him to get rid of it, threatening to destroy the pot, but not once ever actually punishing him, even though I get grounded for things like getting a C in one of my classes.

This isn't the first time this has happened, about a year ago my brother was growing pot and my mom ended up destroying the ~10 plants he had after yelling at him about it for 2 months. Note she still never actually punished him besides destroying the pot.

Finally, one day, my mom has an epiphany and decides to get rid of the damn pot he's been growing (about 20 full grown plants, and a dozen or so seedlings). She calls him when he's out with his friends and tells him that if he doesn't come home right away she's going to destroy all of the pot, he says something along the lines of fuck you and hangs up on her.

So she tells me to go to the basement and bring all the plants up so she can destroy them. So I do, and since she said she was destroying them I didn't carry them very carefully and the stem broke on one of the plants. Before she actually does anything with all the pot my brother gets home and starts bitching, get this, not because of her, but because of the plant I broke. My mom then proceeds to take money out of my college savings to pay for the damaged pot plant, arguing that she never told me she was doing to destroy the pot (I also got grounded for lying when I said she did tell both me and my brother she was going to destroy the pot), when not only did she use the word destroy several times, but she destroyed his pot last time he was growing some a year ago.

She's NEVER made him pay for anything of mine he's broken. He broke my window (with a hockey puck), my door (because I locked him out of my room when he was trying to harass me and he broke in using a crowbar and sledgehammer), my playstation 2 (trying to mod it, when I told him not to), and my gamecube (when he got high and took it apart). He even took $40 that I had left in my pants in the laundry, and when I asked him about it he said he left it on the table in his room and his friend must have stolen it, which apparently means he doesn't have to pay me back.

Assertn
Sun, 02-18-2007, 02:37 PM
Why don't you like......threaten to tell the police?

complich8
Sun, 02-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Umm, yeah, seeing how you're not breaking laws, and they are, umm ...

Do what you want. But I'd say you've got some pretty big aces to play every time they say anything to you. Like "Hi, police? My brother's growing pot in my basement. Yeah, enough to distribute."

Being able to wave a slam-dunk felony conviction over their heads is ... umm ... pretty powerful.

Assertn
Sun, 02-18-2007, 04:32 PM
Yeah.....I wouldn't take that kind of abuse, especially not from my brother. You leave him alone and it'll only get worse.

Or you could always do something more subtle like mix a little salt into the dirt that his plants are growing in. =]

masamuneehs
Sun, 02-18-2007, 05:31 PM
involve the police?. involving the police will just hurt your mother, brother and yourself. and, cuz of that, such idle threats are worthless.

it's a shitty situation, and quite a sad story... i know my way of handling such things would probably not make sound advice to give.

have you ever considered smoking the pot with your brother?

Assertn
Sun, 02-18-2007, 06:45 PM
Feeling obligated to take it up the ass because of abusive family members is dumb. They are the ones taking advantage of their relationship with you, which is much worse than ratting them out in the first place.

Masa, no offense, but your post might as well come from a wife who suffers from frequently "falling down the stairs"

Carnage
Sun, 02-18-2007, 08:58 PM
I have to agree w/ the others, either call the police or put salt in his pots.

And if you really want to get back at your mom, start stealing money out of her wallet for being such a bitch.

XanBcoo
Mon, 02-26-2007, 03:04 PM
I dropped my phone coming out of the gym yesterday :(. The battery won't even stay in any more, so I had to tape it up this morning. With the front screen cracked and broken, various scratches, pieces missing from the side, and now the tape, I'd say this phone has seen better days.

I'm having mixed feelings of excitement and regret. I'll probably be getting a nice new phone because of this, but the one I have now was my first. I'm kind of attached to it, weird as that sounds.

Lucifus
Mon, 02-26-2007, 06:05 PM
Hmm, no way in hell I'd take that without retaliation. When your bros out, sit down and talk with your quite bitchy mother if I do say so my self, put on your calm serious voice and body language and tell the bitch it has to stop. Quote:

"Kyle! You have to stand up to your mother, slap her in the face and say, Hey! Thats enough of your shit yu f*cking bitch!" - The ever so wise Eric Cartman

Never thought I'd recommend advice from Cartman, but hey, whatever works.
I know the problem stems from your brother but to end it your gonna have to start with your mom.

Board of Command
Mon, 02-26-2007, 07:20 PM
I hate it when people bitch about piracy and making outrageous arguments such as pirating is the same as stealing someone's car.

Carnage
Tue, 02-27-2007, 06:11 AM
Hmm, no way in hell I'd take that without retaliation. When your bros out, sit down and talk with your quite bitchy mother if I do say so my self, put on your calm serious voice and body language and tell the bitch it has to stop. Quote:

"Kyle! You have to stand up to your mother, slap her in the face and say, Hey! Thats enough of your shit yu f*cking bitch!" - The ever so wise Eric Cartman

Never thought I'd recommend advice from Cartman, but hey, whatever works.
I know the problem stems from your brother but to end it your gonna have to start with your mom.

Thats a good idea. Talk with her first. If she's still a bitch about it, then continue to steal money out of her wallet. Once you've satisfied your self, take a shit on her bed. After that, I do believe its time to call the police!

saman
Tue, 02-27-2007, 05:57 PM
an insider's tip to guys:

if a female around you is angry but won't tell you why, it's because you should already know the reason, and the fact that you don't seem to pisses her off even more. seriously, i don't understand how some men can be so daft sometimes.

XanBcoo
Tue, 02-27-2007, 10:58 PM
an insider's tip to guys:

if a female around you is angry but won't tell you why, it's because you should already know the reason.
I'd say a good portion of men out there are aware of this fact. It doesn't take an idiot to know when your girl's angry with you, and it's pretty much common knowledge that girls expect you to read their minds.

But we can't, as much as I'd enjoy reading peoples' minds.

Lucifus
Tue, 02-27-2007, 11:06 PM
I'm bitching because I just spent 4 hours on a potentially worthless banner when I had work to do and now its too late. I'm pretty sure the banner turned out like crap too. Couldn't get it up look exactly how I wanted it to.:(

saman
Tue, 02-27-2007, 11:56 PM
I'd say a good portion of men out there are aware of this fact. It doesn't take an idiot to know when your girl's angry with you, and it's pretty much common knowledge that girls expect you to read their minds.

But we can't, as much as I'd enjoy reading peoples' minds.

hmm. well, i don't expect anyone to read my mind, cuz that'd be kind of creepy, but...some things are just obvious. like, my dad couldn't seem to figure out that i was pissed off because he was more than a half an hour late in picking me up from work, and didn't seem to feel the need to apologize, or to even acknowledge the lateness. it's not really rocket science.

anyway, whatever. it hit a nerve, and i probably over-reacted, but i'm over it, because now it just seems silly, and he wouldn't apologize for it anyway.

Yukimura
Wed, 02-28-2007, 12:30 AM
My best friend managed to get into what appears to be a FWB relationship, and now instead of hanging out with me he usually spends his evenings making out with her. Now of cousre guy code dictates that this isn't al that bad,at least he's getting some. However, he's used to be a huge advocate of men's rights and the unfairness of the current social structure towards men...to the point that he'd reant about it nearly every day to me (which was entertaining as hell to listen to). But ever since he's hooked up with this chick, who he repeatedy whined about before because she wasn't sending him clear signals and he was too much of a coward to step out and make a move, he's had nothing to talk about but how he was with her the night before and she was all over him.

Good for him he's getting action, but at the expense of his integrity and entertainment value to me. He's said many times that he doesn't want to be in meaningless relationships and doesn't like casual stuff, but here he is giddily awaiting this girls call every night to come over and service her. And when I confront him about being a hypocrite he gets angry as if the last two years of his failures and issues with girls didn't happen. I fully admit that I'm jealous of the attention he's giving someone other than me, but fuck if it's not annoying that in addition to the time spent with her he's reneging on his former positions AND still not trying to get laid because he's so proper and religious.

complich8
Wed, 02-28-2007, 02:02 AM
My databases prof unofficially scheduled our evening midterm, rather than scheduling it through official routes. My TAs are sending our project grades out in email, without even pretending to try to use pgp or anything, completely in clear violation of university policy, I lost a couple points on the last project in the class because the expected behavior includes omitting commands when the "help" command is issued...

But better than all of that was that the improperly-scheduled 1-hour evening exam was 14 pages long. Yep, that's right, 14 pages.

The first person to leave the room left at an hour and 20 minutes into it. I left at an hour and 40, and out of about 35 people in the exam, 25 were still working when I left.

Who gives 14 page exams? Seriously?? This is only a 300-level class... in the 400-level databases class, the 2-hour final exam was 8 pages long ... in the 400-level theory of computation class, the 2-hour final was 5 pages. This exam was a fucking book!

About halfway through the exam, I started trying to find problems I could skip ahead to that would be less tedious to answer than the ones I was working on. But with one exception (the one question that involved writing relational algebra and SQL), the entire exam was one giant quagmire of INCREDIBLE boredom.

Spiegel
Wed, 02-28-2007, 04:53 PM
... the entire exam was one giant quagmire of INCREDIBLE boredom.

Giggity Giggity Giggity Goo!?

Well, other than that i am pissed because my teacher gave me a detention for her being the most boring teacher ever to walk the planet.

Lucifus
Wed, 02-28-2007, 05:34 PM
I'm here to bitch that I've lost $40 out of my wallet. Now either my moms stealing money out of it while I sleep or theres a money fairy flying around! >.>

XanBcoo
Wed, 02-28-2007, 06:56 PM
I'm here to bitch that I've lost $40 out of my wallet. Now either my moms stealing money out of it while I sleep or theres a money fairy flying around! >.>
Or it could be you're just incompetent. Don't be so quick to play the blame game.

Sandldan
Wed, 02-28-2007, 08:06 PM
Happens the other way around for me, maybe the fairy drops em off in my wallet :confused:

But im here to bitch about world of warcraft, how 2x lvl 70 rogues kept following my 58 character killing me and camping me for over 2 hours a little while ago. Even went afk for 15 minutes only to find them still sitting next to my corpse waiting. Dont they have anything else to do!?

Genma
Wed, 02-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Dont they have anything else to do!?

No. They're playing WoW, after all.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 03-01-2007, 03:24 AM

Yeah, the coke fairy...

I usually try to forget the next day too. You know where that money went.

Lucifus
Thu, 03-01-2007, 11:43 AM
I'm bitching today because of my incompetent school and there broken air conditioning. Its all musky, and hot. Pack 40 students in a small computer classroom and guess what you get. We have 2 overheated computers today so far.:mad: :(

Thank good I used secret. "Strong enough for men but made for women!" :D

Deadfire
Thu, 03-01-2007, 12:02 PM
I'm bitching today because of my incompetent school and there broken air conditioning. Its all musky, and hot. Pack 40 students in a small computer classroom and guess what you get. We have 2 overheated computers today so far.:mad: :(

Thank good I used secret. "Strong enough for men but made for women!" :D

... WTF?

I have sort of the reverse of that my lab here doesn't have working heating so it's been very...very cold during these winter months. As well I'm seated in the back corner where the walls are directly hit by the winds outside.

XanBcoo
Thu, 03-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Since my phone's battery is broken I couldn't leave it on while it charged up last night, which is pretty annoying since I use it as an alarm clock. And for some reason I thought I could trust myself to wake up early enough to go to class today.

Looks like I'll be watching the Price is Right instead of taking History notes today, 'cause by the time it'd take me to run there now, class would be next to over. Bah.

Deadfire
Fri, 03-09-2007, 05:52 PM
I found out today that I missed out by a day in order to get my direct flight to Montreal for about $80 less

So I'm ending up taking a flight 2 hours earlier and I have to stop in Toronto for a hour.

*sigh*

Lucifus
Sat, 03-10-2007, 05:46 AM
I'm bitching because I cant find most of the awesome soundtracks on Gotwoot Radio, and also because I cant get to sleep and have been up all night messing with photoshop.:(

Kraco
Sat, 03-10-2007, 08:57 AM
and also because I cant get to sleep and have been up all night messing with photoshop.

I think that's fine. Considering the jolly good results.

Phoenix20578
Sat, 03-17-2007, 10:59 PM
Ok, time to bitch...been at work for 19 hours.....I walk into work at 7am on Friday like ussual and im still tired, mind yu I work at a hospital. While Im off guard, the night shift supervisor asksme to work for her that night, so I say fine. 5 min later, I releaze that I have work at 7am the next morning, so basicly I'll be working from 7-3 that friday and then from 11pm-3pm starting that same Friday, and its too late to cancel any of it. Then my supervisor tells me that I have to work the fasttrack area untill 6 that night. (Anyone who has been to a US hospital might know about fasttrack.) So, now I waas working 19 hours straight with only a break at 4am and 11 am between them. I get home and fall on the floor, not even having the power to make it to my bed, unill I wake up at 11 and smack myself. About to go back to sleep, because I have to be bak at work at 7am in the mmorning....again.....and that is my bitching for today.

Board of Command
Sat, 03-17-2007, 11:53 PM
My boss calls his SUV a truck. wtf?

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 03-18-2007, 01:00 AM
Fuck all that, the corn chip factory wants a 12 hour shift from me tomorrow and I'm pissed enough about that.

We have to make that cheddar though.

Well cheddar cheese puffs in my case..

DB_Hunter
Mon, 03-19-2007, 09:02 PM
What the hell?? How many times do I have to fall ill per yer??? This is like the second time in a month I'm catching a cold again... THE SECOND TIME!

Man I'm so gonna get fired for this... who the hell catches two colds in the space of three weeks apart from me...?

Psyke
Tue, 03-20-2007, 04:43 AM
What the hell?? How many times do I have to fall ill per yer??? This is like the second time in a month I'm catching a cold again... THE SECOND TIME!

Man I'm so gonna get fired for this... who the hell catches two colds in the space of three weeks apart from me...?

A healthy dosage of Vitamin C should stop the cold. Just pop one tablet a day. This was a tip given to me years back, but as far as I remember it worked back then. :D

DB_Hunter
Tue, 03-20-2007, 05:29 AM
Thanks for the advice Psyke. The thing with Vitamin C and me is that we don't get along that well. I take even a little bit and my stomach gets screwed up. Something to do with my immune system apparantly.

So I gotta take this crap the hard way. Any other remedies you got in mind?

Psyke
Tue, 03-20-2007, 06:23 AM
Hmmm not much I guess..... just take more fluids and rest early.... I think. Hope you'll recover soon.

Kraco
Tue, 03-20-2007, 06:32 AM
The thing with Vitamin C and me is that we don't get along that well. I take even a little bit and my stomach gets screwed up. Something to do with my immune system apparantly.

You can't be allergic to the Vitamin C itself, since you would be dead without it soon enough. If you can't take the tablets, you could temporarily increase your consumption of natural products containing sizable amounts of it.

DB_Hunter
Tue, 03-20-2007, 07:40 AM
The thing is I can take Vitamin C in small amounts, and then I'm OK. However if I eat an entire orange for example or drink orange juice, my stomach doesn't like it.

I havn't always had this problem... it seems to have cropped up when I was around 20 or something.

Assertn
Tue, 03-20-2007, 11:30 AM
Look for this new product called "No time for colds"

It might be kinda hard to find, but it works really well. They're these lozenges that, if taken regularly, will reduce major cold symptoms in 24 hours.

Spiegel
Tue, 03-27-2007, 02:12 PM
Today is a sad day for me. My school finally blocked the forums after me getting on them almost every day. Now the only options left to me is to un-retire my old laptop or continue to use my phone as i am doing to post now. F@/? you school!

Kraco
Tue, 03-27-2007, 03:00 PM
File a complaint. Who knows, maybe they just blocked it in some summary blockage of various sites. Write an appropriate, businesslike, and to the point complaint asking for a reversal, and they might err to do it.

Yukimura
Tue, 03-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Did you try going through a proxy of some sort? I used to get around my schools WebSense filters by using altavista's babelfish on the page I wanted, translating from some non-aribic charachter language to English. It may work in your case, then again it may not. Also i don't know how the site would look through something like that.

EDIT: Altavista seems to work for viewing, but it doesn't let you log in. A proper intermediary site that will forward your data to this site and forward it's responses back to you is what you want, though I don't know if such a thing actually exists.

RyougaZell
Tue, 03-27-2007, 03:46 PM
vtunnel.com
safeforwork.com
vpntunnel.com

use any of those proxys to read the forums. dunno if they allow you to log though... I use them to log on to gmail at work...

Todays bitching...

I hate my meddlesome aunts. My mother is going through several bad days. She is depressed for something I prefer not to share. My aunts call her, and instead of try to calm her down they say what they think about what going on, "trying to help" (noticed the ""), but everything they manage is to make my mother more nervous.

They (aunts) may have helped me a lot during life, but to hell with them if they can't even notice they are not helping my mother in any way, just making the situation worse for her.

Assertn
Tue, 03-27-2007, 10:49 PM
I went to the dentist to get my teeth whitened today.
It's in constant and evenly-distributed pain at the moment.....
But on the plus side, my teeth are brighter than the sun now

Lucifus
Tue, 03-27-2007, 11:26 PM
Bitch! Photoshop and Vista is a total fing diaster damnit.

I bought two gigs of memory and gave my old gig to my brother. Vista now runs pretty fine along with games. I dont get problems with memory anymore. But Photoshop refuses to do what I ask when operating on Vista. Its fing pissing me off. I just loss like the ultimate CC sig!

......Photoshop now decides that it will not open images. Any image, be it make a new image or open one from my computer. Before that it decided it doesn't want to free transform. Agh, its like a bandaid on my nuts!!@ >.>

Spiegel
Tue, 03-27-2007, 11:59 PM
Proxys are blocked on my schools network and any attempt to use one is one large step towards suspension. Any tries at getting around novell BorderManager is suspendable material. The problem is I think it was an automatic block done by a auto-blocking script our tech guy is implementing due to the fact of the kid Fapping in the School F***ing library on some porn site. I think that was most likely it because he wasnt in his office or the server room at the time. I immediatly left class to check and make sure of that. It doesnt really matter that much I guess. I will just use my phone and get over it. There are less than a months worth of days left anyway.

Assertn
Sat, 03-31-2007, 04:32 PM
I did my taxes today and found out I owe the government over $4000.......
what do you have to bitch about? :mad:

Genma
Sat, 03-31-2007, 04:57 PM
My gripe lately is that I dislike people who believe that everyone is a good samaritan. So yesterday my friend was buying a lighter from some gas station, and I was like, "Well... urgh... I don't feel like going in. There's no point." Rather than go in, I stayed in the car, next to a bunch of punkass kids.

The driver, some girl, kept the passenger's side door open and kept staring at me. For a second I thought she was checking me out, but then I realized that was an unlikely case, as there were three other guys in the back seat of the car with her. Then, out of the blue, the passenger runs out of the store grasping two large boxes of beer. They speed off and I sorta just shrug as the owner of the store comes out.

He gives me this glare like, "What? You didn't catch the license plate? You didn't bother trying to stop them? Wtf is wrong with you?" But I honestly didn't care.

Why do people assume everyone will be a vigilante under pressure? Sheesh.

complich8
Sat, 03-31-2007, 06:08 PM
My gripe lately is that I dislike people who believe that everyone is a good citizen. ...

I fixed it for you.

Personally, I'd have probably been too spaced out to notice that it was happening, much less get a license number out of it.

Spiegel
Sat, 03-31-2007, 08:50 PM
That has happened to me before but someone screamed to me to get it before they got away. Otherwise i would not of thought of it. I think they were stealing vodka though.

dragonrage
Sun, 04-01-2007, 04:51 PM
Did laundry last week and well this week as well. I didn't fold my cloths like i normally do at the laundry mart so here I am on a Sunday afternoon folding two big bags of laundry. It sucks cause I have realized that I have too much cloths as it is and I think it is about time to donate some of the older ones.

XanBcoo
Mon, 04-02-2007, 01:09 AM
I had a project for my Phonetics class that I was really looking forward to doing. I thought it was due this Tuesday, but as I opened the file this evening to get started on it, I realized it was due last Thursday. Not only am I getting a non-negotiable zero, there's also no point in me doing the project now, even though I had really wanted to. Damn.

Why do people assume everyone will be a vigilante under pressure? Sheesh.
Just don't bring your sob story here when that guy kills your Uncle Ben.

Psyke
Mon, 04-02-2007, 09:45 AM
I got issued a parking ticket for parking (abeit illegally) outside my apartment void deck. I've just written a lengthy letter to the relevant authorities. This really made me angry today, both at my miserable luck and the fact that I might need to pay a hundred bucks (around US$45)

SK
Tue, 04-03-2007, 09:04 PM
I'm addicted to sneakers. No really, I just dropped $170 on some Nikes, for absolutely no reason. I wish I could stop buying sneakers.

Spiegel
Tue, 04-03-2007, 10:25 PM
I just got a ticket for parking in the senior parking lot at my school. The problem is... I am a SENIOR! I think our Rent-A-Cop is going crazy and now I have to pay $10 if they don't accept my appeal.

RyougaZell
Wed, 04-04-2007, 08:35 AM
Last week we were given two options at work.
1) Work like normal till 7pm and work Thursday 5 and Friday 6 (free days because of Semana Santa... whatever you call it on USA).
2) Work till 9pm all April and not work on Thursday 5 and Friday 6.

We chose option 2 since knowing the boss of our boss we would be working till 9pm anyways

My boss went on vacation since Monday.

Yesterday the boss of our boss wanted us to work anyway on Thursday and Friday. We said no and she got mad. She was going to talk to us and make us come, but decided not to at the end because all the Programmers and Installers, which were needed to come as well (we can't Test Systems if nobody fixes or installs them) also said they weren't gonna come to work because they already had paid tickets to travel on this 'long-weekend'

Anyway... knowing her... shes gonna report us to our direct boss anyway. Bleh... I just want it to be 9pm today to forget about work for 4 days.

PS: I worked from 3am to 7am last sunday. Yes Sunday. Yes AM.

StillAlive
Thu, 04-05-2007, 11:54 AM
I haven't smoked a cigarette since sunday and the withdrawal symptoms are nice. Really NICE!:mad:

KitKat
Fri, 04-06-2007, 03:44 PM
I ended up in the hospital yesterday, and they asked if I wanted them to call anyone, if I wanted any of my friends or housemates to come sit with me. I replied no, because everyone is busy studying for exams, and keeps talking about how much work they have to do, and I didn't want to take them away from studying. So after 6 hours at the hospital, I get home to find out that everyone in my house was playing WoW or other games, and not doing any work at all. It was sad.

Psyke
Sat, 04-07-2007, 04:20 AM
What happened? I hope you're alright....

darkshadow
Wed, 04-11-2007, 06:05 AM
Bitching because i didn't get selected at 3d school, now this wouldn't be too bad if there was some kind of reason/explanation given.. nooo they just said: "person's name not on this list, will not get a interview and may go home".
My name wasn't on it, so when i asked the guy what the reason was, he acted like a dumbass and told me he can't remember the reason. ugh.
Why even invite ppl to come to the selection day, if you aren't even going to interview them?
We couldn't even discuss my work and stuff, and at that, only me and 1 other guy had 3d items in the portfolio, yet BOTH of us didn't get selected.
This led me to believe they did some stupid kind of random selection cause of the many applicants ( half of the ppl invited were told to go home)'+ we had to wait for like ... 2 hours before the guy came in and made that bullshit statement, i mean, in those 2 hours, they could've interviewed all of us, gotten a far better individual presentation of the applicants and then make a descision.
Fuck this is so retarded, i guess im school-less for a year....

KitKat
Wed, 04-11-2007, 11:20 AM
What happened? I hope you're alright....
I'm fine, thanks :)
I kinda nearly passed out in my lab, and not like normal dizziness as if I hadn't eaten or whatnot. It was like, I wasn't sure if I was going to lose consciousness or puke on the floor, and it lasted for a good 5-10 minutes. Anyways, we conveniently have a hospital on campus, so they took me there, since there was concern it might be related to how I bruised/cracked some ribs during a nasty fall at a skateboard park a few days prior (I hadn't gone to get it checked out cause there isn't too much they can do for cracked/broken ribs besides prescribe painkillers). Anyways, they did blood tests, and sent me for a CT scan the following day, to make sure my internal organs were undamaged, and then gave me the all-clear and sent me home. The most traumatic part was when they stuck in the IV for the CT scan (I do NOT deal well with needles, and I've never had an IV before....I couldn't even look at it without feeling woozy) so I was very glad when that was over and done with.

Psyke
Wed, 04-11-2007, 11:24 AM
Glad you're ok. Didn't hear much about you skateboarding though. I hope your condition wasn't caused by the accident. I ain't too fond of those IV needles too, and I simply refused to have one during a situation a few years ago when I was stung by hornets. :p

Kraco
Wed, 04-11-2007, 12:14 PM
Heh, IV needles. I don't have any particular hate for needles in general, but it's still kind of nasty to have one stuck into your vein for a long time. Like KitKat said, it's not nice to look at it knowing it goes inside your system, not to mention moving your arm and feeling it scrape against the walls of the vein (or maybe that's just my imagination)...

But I'm glad to hear it doesn't appear to be anything serious. It would be sad to lose the maker of my future scarf, atfer all.

Board of Command
Wed, 04-11-2007, 05:29 PM
Small talk is the bane of my existence. At work I often see people small talking...something along the lines of:

"Hi how are you?"
"Good. You?"
"Good."
"Good."

And then they walk away. Seriously, what the hell is their problem? If that's all you're going to say then don't say anything at all. Small talk like that is just a waste of breath. When people ask me "Hi how are you?" I always respond with "Not bad." Two words and that's it. It also effectively ends the meaningless conversation started by someone who had nothing better to say to me.

Also, it's interesting to note that nobody ever responds with "Bad" or "Not good." It's always "good." Are they telling the truth? Probably not. They just say "good" so that the other party doesn't drag on the meaningless conversation they started by asking for elaboration on that somewhat expected response. It goes to show that even small talkers themselves detest this meaningless chatter.

I rarely have good days. I have plenty of average days and a lot bunch of bad days. How do I know what kind of day I just had? Well, when you go to bed at night, do you think...
- Wow, what an absolutely fantastic day I just had!
- Nothing much happened. Meh.
- That was one shitty day. Glad it's finally over.

Keep a tally of this for one month and see what you end up with. I guarantee that your results will not differ much from mine despite how negative I sound. However, do keep in mind that this is somewhat subjective and depends on your own definition of what "good" and "bad" days are. If nothing interesting happens is considered a "good" day then...well...I got nothing for you. Sorry.

Now onto why people partake in small talk. My theory is that a majority of people in the world are boring. They cannot, or rather, refuse to think outside the realm of everyday ideas. I work in the same place as my roommates and at lunch, they would always start with some small talk.

"How's work?"
"How's your day?"

And the questioned would always respond with

"Pretty good."
"Good."

While I would always respond with

"It sucks."
"It's okay. Nothing spectacular."

And I would always try to derail this small talk by bringing up *interesting* discussion topics. I won't get into what these topics are but I'll say that they are controversial and always stir up arguments. But that's the intent. Arguments actually require you to use your brain for once instead of giving premeditated responses like a mindless drone. Just yesterday I forced all of them to really stretch their minds and think rationally. We're always the most animated group in the cafeteria because everybody else is talking about the weather.

Imagine the world without small talk. WOW.

/rant

XanBcoo
Wed, 04-11-2007, 06:55 PM
Even facebook couldn't contain BOC's hatred for "small talk"...

Though personally I distinguish between "small talk" and "grettings", which is what you seem to be complaining about. Small talk is idle chit-chat, serving only the purpose of filling silence - which can be devastatingly awkward. Greetings like "how's it going?" are less annoying to me because they're really just a place-holder for "hello", and aren't really intended to segue into discussion...unless the other person can't wait to talk about their day.

Yukimura
Wed, 04-11-2007, 11:15 PM
I must agree with Xan about stuff like 'how's it going' or 'how are you' conversations. They don't really mean anything but everyone expects them and thus most people initiate them and then respond to them automatically not really caring about the details but doing it because they think that they're supposed to and that the other parties involved would want them to. It's good to know that other people think thos little talks are as mindless and stupid as I do.

XanBcoo
Thu, 04-12-2007, 04:24 PM
A fucking sparrow just stole my lunch.

I was sitting outside in our Student Union's courtyard, reading, and a sparrow jumped up on the table, inched towards me, and grabbed the entire top bun of my Crispy Chicken Sandwich. Three more followed him, and I snatched away the chicken from the sandwich before they could get at it. They didn't even flinch when I tried to bat them away.

I was just owned by a 5 inch-long bird.

Kraco
Thu, 04-12-2007, 04:43 PM
The only thing a man could do in a situation like that would be to eat the sparrow. However, I've a suspicion it wouldn't make a very tasty meal (extra rare on the spot or even well-done later)...

XanBcoo
Thu, 04-12-2007, 04:47 PM
Honestly, it was quite emasculating.

RyougaZell
Thu, 04-12-2007, 04:57 PM
Hehe.. that reminded me of the time a Duck tried to eat my tacos at college. Since he couldn't get mine he tried to steal some candy from a girl. She saw it and took it out of its reach. The duck ended biting her on the ass.... LOL

Also... a friend's lunch got stolen by a turkey... and another by a deer...

Yes my fucking college was a damn zoo... they had ducks (50+) and turkeys (5) roaming freely around campus. On my last year they added 2 female deers to the zoo... err campus... and last thing I heard they had added a male one... with horns...

Board of Command
Fri, 04-13-2007, 07:39 PM
A picture is worth an infinite amount of words.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/112981929.png

RyougaZell
Fri, 04-13-2007, 08:10 PM
Work:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/112990891.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

I'll upload one from home later :D (the real bitch will begin then) :D

Board of Command
Sat, 04-14-2007, 12:09 AM
If you thought my last Speedtest was shitty, feast your eyes on this:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/113049539.png

RyougaZell
Sat, 04-14-2007, 12:27 AM
Home:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/113053162.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

Nice download. Bad upload (not that I upload anything bigger than 2mb anyways XD)

Board of Command
Sat, 04-14-2007, 12:35 PM
Just tested again and it's fast right now...

http://www.speedtest.net/result/113236895.png

And this is what pisses me off. Sometimes it's very fast but other times it's painfully slow.

Assertn
Sat, 04-14-2007, 11:28 PM
Alrite kids it's not a bitching post if its over 6 thousand

Winged Dancer
Tue, 04-17-2007, 09:04 AM
I'm so fucking angry I wanted to make a new post.

I'm SO, SO fucky angry at the world. And this isn't emo angst, this is just anger.

Last week, I was stolen my iPod. You know, some guy comes behind you, "hugs" me and says "Don't move, I'm armed. Gimme the iPod." I give it to him. I'm safe, no biggie, right?

Then later that week my dad's iPod was stolen. From a god-damned Valet Parking. Even when he told the chief that he was leaving it there. You can say it's partly his fault so, well, sad but nothing to do.

Well, yesterday, a big friend of the family was kidnapped. For those of you who don't know, a kidnapping in Mexico is serious business. They are asking for two million pesos to release him, and his family doesn't have that much money.

He's a buddhist. Gives free meditation courses. Almost dedicates himself to helping people via his religion. His prize? He's kidnapped.

Oh Gods, I'm so worried, and so angry. Near tears. Screw the iPods, who cares, but him.... oh God, it's just not fair. Not fair. The world's been so full of crap these last weeks.

His family is raising money now. I just hope he comes back home safe. I'm so angry.

RyougaZell
Tue, 04-17-2007, 10:17 AM
*sigh*

The police is useless. Period.

I hope your friend gets released. Yes, its lots of money. But screw the money. I hope they release him well. Like you said... kidnapping here is bad... very bad... specially with the useless authorities we have...

Assertn
Wed, 04-18-2007, 04:52 PM
Wow.....bad as in...full grown males getting kidnapped on a regular basis?
Thats.....nuts......

Hope it works out for you guys though =/

SK
Thu, 04-19-2007, 03:10 PM
So me the idiot took an art history course thinking it would be an easy A. Well right now I'm around a B/B- and have a final paper due next week thats 10 PAGES. Now I could probably easily right 10 pages about anything other than what I have to write about, but somehow, some way I have to write 10 pages about Michelangelo's Last Judgment. I have no idea how this is possible and I'm just pissed at the teacher for actually requiring a 10 page final essay in an elective course in addition to having a 2 hour final exam. The worst part, I'm TRANSFERING and really need to do well, so its not something I can just be like, well screw it take a B. I really need to pull an A so I can transfer over a perfect 4.0 to my new school. God this sucks. 10 pages on a fucking wall. Man...any advice?

Assertn
Thu, 04-19-2007, 09:35 PM
Don't suppose you can still drop the course, eh?

Rule of thumb I always followed: If you're not sure about a class, sign up for more than you intend to take, spend 2 weeks going to all your classes, and drop the ones that might give you the most trouble.

itadakimasu
Tue, 04-24-2007, 10:04 AM
MY FUCKING COMPUTER DIED!!! omfg *hehe i'm glad i found the bitching thread SIGH* so... my main computer bit it... it made a clicking, then sounded like it was powering down... then back up, down.. then back up then it froze and would not boot. after messing with it i've determined that the mobo is trash. I am sad, i'm stuck with my media center computer from my room which does not run counterstrike very well at all... which makes me very mad and sad but it does give me a very good excuse to upgrade my system.

I think im going to leave the dvd,psu,hdd's and up the mobo, ram and processor to an AM2 X24800+ or X25000+ with 2gb of ddr2. On the upside, my hard drives are ok and are in my other computer now so i'm still able to watch one piece and noein ^^

RyougaZell
Tue, 04-24-2007, 08:20 PM
I hate the police. Period....

Lucifus
Tue, 04-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Pissed at school and the amazing stupidity and ineffectiveness of teachers.

Any updates on your friend WD?

RyougaZell
Wed, 04-25-2007, 08:36 AM
Todays bitching... related to a previous one about work.

We arranged to stay all april till 9pm at work (instead of 7pm), because the boss once again foolishly promised a release for april 30. Its april 25 today and the release isn't even half finished because the programmers made a lot of bugs, and thus us testers will have to stay may most likely as well. Im sick of staying later daily....

Oh and the one only day I left early the boss of my boss bitched at her because I left early. Damn fucking murphy and his laws of improbability.

SK
Wed, 04-25-2007, 12:07 PM
Rule of thumb I always followed: If you're not sure about a class, sign up for more than you intend to take, spend 2 weeks going to all your classes, and drop the ones that might give you the most trouble.

Yeah, gonna be following that for now on definately. And the trusty ratemyprofessor.com
Anyway I'm sick of staying up to get papers done by their due dates then going to class and having the entire class complain and the professor giving in and rescheduling the paper to next week meanwhile I got 5 hours of sleep for no fucking reason since I could have slept 12. Fuck.

Inazuma
Fri, 04-27-2007, 09:01 AM
Fuck'em

Aujourd'hui sur le chemin du retour j'ai eu droit a un "controle aleatoire", controle aleatoire mon cul ! Comme si j'avais une tete de terroriste, putain d'enfoiré de flics racistes de merde. Apres m'avoir laissé poirreauté au soleil ils me lachent avec un seul et unique commentaire pour explication " faut pas trainer ici bamboola, ici c'est le quartier des humains ... degage rentre a Montreuil"

Today on my way back, I had some "random idendity check", random my ass ! As if I looked like a fucking terrorist, fucking racist cop asshole. After leaving me toasted by the sun, they only got one and only explaination. " Why're you here nigger, It's not where you'r supposed to be, it's the "human's neightboorhood here" go back to Montreuil "

Cops assholes are a disease spreading faster than Saber Fanclubs supported by Deadfire illegal fundings.

complich8
Fri, 04-27-2007, 11:07 AM
I normally wake up about 10:00 am. Have a class at 10:30 am monday wednesday friday.

So at 10 am, I wake up, get ready and head to class. Get to work at 11:30, and find two emails in my inbox. One says "I don't think you need to be at that meeting this morning after all". The other says "So here's what we talked about at that meeting". Timestamped 7:45 and 10:45 am. Also a note saying I need to call the person who sent the emails, also timestamped about 10:45.

Glad they didn't need me there, because ... well ... nobody told me about any meeting. I sent the sender/caller back a couple short emails detailing my schedule and expressing that I was glad they didn't need me there, seeing how without knowing it existed (much less when and where) there was no way I was going to be there to begin with :p.

Sort of annoying...

XanBcoo
Sat, 04-28-2007, 06:24 PM
My roommate is one of those people that like to pretend they're more drunk than they really are. After about 3 shots of Vodka, he'll start stumbling around the room yelling out random things that a stereotypical "drunk" would. It's something he's been confronted about before, yet he continues to keep up the act every time he drinks even just a little bit. It's tolerable at first, but it's getting out of hand now.

Last night he broke off the lock on my door, and now he's claiming he doesn't remember anything, when I know for a fact he didn't have as much alcohol as it would take for someone to suffer short-term memory loss. I just need to think of a way to deal with this maturely.

Perhaps I'll detach his doorknob completely, hide it, and pretend I don't remember doing it...

Death BOO Z
Sat, 04-28-2007, 07:09 PM
you need to mess with his head, throw in some lies about last night, tell him that he promised you something, not anything big, but act like it's really important to you. then throw in some more lies, like saying he was the lfe of the party or whatnot. if you force your lies on him, then he'll have to bring out the truth to counter you.

other option.
he's drunk and 'doesn't remember anything' right? just beat him up, if he agrees to take a nightly beating just to act drunk, then he proabably needs that act really badly, it'll be like a win-win situation.

I hate coming home on friday, I hardly do anything and it's saturday night already, and i'm sleep deprived yet again. damn army, until when?!

XanBcoo
Sat, 04-28-2007, 07:23 PM
you need to mess with his head, throw in some lies about last night, tell him that he promised you something, not anything big, but act like it's really important to you. then throw in some more lies, like saying he was the lfe of the party or whatnot. if you force your lies on him, then he'll have to bring out the truth to counter you.
Yeah, I thought of doing this, yet I'm afraid it'll work against me. If I feed him lies he might actually believe what I'm telling him, thus enforcing his belief that he suffers memory loss when he really shouldn't/hasn't.

I like your second idea better, and it's actually what another one of my friends suggested. Also, I hope things get better in the army for you. Tough times.

dragonrage
Sat, 04-28-2007, 08:37 PM
Xan: next time he gets drunk or pretends to be, get drunk with him and wack him with a bat. See if he would remember that.

I guarantee the next time he would be alot more careful around you and your things. Trust me ;)

Lucifus
Sat, 04-28-2007, 09:37 PM
@ Inazuma : "Cops assholes are a disease spreading faster than Saber Fanclubs supported by Deadfire illegal fundings."

RofL- Thats funny as hell.

I'm bitching that my AC is dead and my room with 2 computers and a laptop running is really effing hot.:mad:

dragonrage
Sat, 04-28-2007, 09:43 PM
lucy, do i even need to ask....

Lucifus
Sat, 04-28-2007, 09:47 PM
Ask what? o.0 xD

dragonrage
Sat, 04-28-2007, 09:58 PM
guess I do... Why the hell do you have so many computers running in the first place. Holding a lan party with all your girlfriends or something?

RyougaZell
Sun, 04-29-2007, 12:13 AM
Edited out by RZ
Didn't want to let this bitch online after all, even if it was readed already.

Spiegel
Sun, 04-29-2007, 01:23 AM
@ Inazuma : "Cops assholes are a disease spreading faster than Saber Fanclubs supported by Deadfire illegal fundings."

RofL- Thats funny as hell.

I'm bitching that my AC is dead and my room with 2 computers and a laptop running is really effing hot.:mad:

I hate my AC, i got my server and my computer and my XBOX and lights and my laptop and my phone.... I am hot...

SK
Sun, 04-29-2007, 04:48 PM
I'm pissed I have to write 2 essays for the same class within a week period! He doesn't even change the topics its basically like writing the same essay over and over so fucking annoying!

XanBcoo
Sun, 04-29-2007, 06:56 PM
He doesn't even change the topics its basically like writing the same essay over and over so fucking annoying!
Ctrl + c, Ctrl + v?

I'm also pissed about schoolwork, though I only have to go rent this Argentinian movie and be prepared to talk about it tomorrow in Spanish. :/

master_me
Sun, 04-29-2007, 07:10 PM
I.

Hate.

Animated.

Emotes.

I'm using AIM, I go ":D," and some toothfaced idiot emote pops up. It's SO annoying.

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-30-2007, 12:06 AM
Ctrl + c, Ctrl + v?

I'm also pissed about schoolwork, though I only have to go rent this Argentinian movie and be prepared to talk about it tomorrow in Spanish. :/

Spanish or Argentinan?
Heh...

I hate how they say "Sho" instead of "Yo".

*For non-spanish talkers:
Yo = I.

XanBcoo
Mon, 04-30-2007, 12:55 AM
Spanish or Argentinan?
Heh...

I hate how they say "Sho" instead of "Yo".

*For non-spanish talkers:
Yo = I.
Actually, one of the questions on our last Spanish test was to list the differences between the two dialects. Kind of annoying since I had to stop myself from using Linguistic terminology that the teacher might not have understood.

I also don't know how to say "voiced alveopalatal fricative" in Spanish...

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-30-2007, 08:36 AM
Holy shit... I don't think even I know that one...

Todays bitching:
I work tomorrow. What is so extraordinaire of working on Tuesday?
Its "El dia del Trabajo", which is an obligatory free day.
Not only we have to work because the boss of the boss of our boss demanded it (above him only the owner of the company)... we won't be getting doble pay or anything either. Bleh.

Inazuma
Tue, 05-01-2007, 07:11 AM
If you heard ... In my country we're electing a new president.
A new French President.

And ... I'm looking for someone outside my country who'll be able to shelter me.

We got Nicolas Sarkozy a complexed midget who got some gigantic greed for power. To me he is something like "Hitler II Reloaded". I can't be sorted out as a white people, so his special law enforcement team known as B.a.c. just keep bugging me ...
I never shown my Id this much in my life
The last few year he was at the head of the ministery of Interior (he then created the Bac), and it kept going worse than ever. Riots like no other, police going haywire, demonstrators getting shot with rubber bullets randomly, ...

Hooo ... What's the "B.a.c." ? Brigade Against Criminality ... These guys are just crazy ... You know Vic McKey from the shield ? Compared to them ... He is just like Inoue from Bleach.

So ... I got less than five days before my ass starts to get kicked around by everyone who got a Police ID.
And I'm Living in Paris, East. Things are already getting nasty .. Anti-Riots troops have been deployed around the capital and are standing by with heavy gearing and are being told to report any suspect activity ( More than three people standing idle in key areas for more than 10 minutes)

I'm so fucked ... help (Gotta paint my ass in white)

Assertn
Tue, 05-01-2007, 11:46 AM
Ryouga...if you find yourself posting here every week about your job....i gotta ask....what do you plan to do to fix this? It doesn't sound like any situation that would improve over time.

@Inazuma: o___O

RyougaZell
Tue, 05-01-2007, 12:21 PM
You got me there Assertn hehe...

Actually I like my job. Its just that the past two months have been hell because the company bought a major rival, so we've had a heck a lot of work. (currently undergoing fusion time)

It seems things will estabilize past may 15 though. And they also promised us 3 free days already because of this long work sessions of 11 daily hours.

Oh yeah... my boss just told us five minutes ago they are buying us pizza for lunch so we can leave today at 5pm, instead of 7pm (we normally stay until 9pm, but because today was free we were staying till 7pm like normal).

Still, Im asking for several contacts to send my curriculum to see if I can find something better paid.

KitKat
Wed, 05-02-2007, 10:11 AM
This week I moved into a new house. I'm only subletting there for the summer, and I don't really know any of the other people who will be living there. No big deal. I'll have a roof over my head, and a bed to sleep in. None of the others move in until the end of this week. When I moved in on Monday, the house was a complete disaster. The previous tenants hadn't cleaned up at all. There was garbage everywhere, sketchy food in the fridges and refrigerators, and enough dust bunnies to stage an invasion of Alaska. "No big deal," I thought, "since technically I'm moving in before the actual move-in date, the landlords probably haven't had a chance to clean." So I kept all my kitchen stuff boxed up, and lived at a friend's house for a couple days.

Yesterday, I gave up on anything getting cleaned and started cleaning myself. There were some foul-smelling tea towels and cloths that needed to be decontaminated, so I decided to do some laundry. When I went to check the lint trap on the dryer, it was stuck. I yanked as hard as I dared, so as not to snap the handle off, and realized with horror that it was full of lint. Three inches thick hard-packed fuzz, about the strength of industrial felt. Holy fire hazard Batman. I don't think the previous tenants had emptied it once in the whole time they lived there. It's a wonder they got their clothes to dry at all.

The landlords came last night to clean the carpets, but cleaned ONLY the carpets. Although I'm starting to bring some order to the downstairs where I'm living, the main floor of the house is still a total disaster. I'll let the upstairs people deal with that when the move in because I still have more to do in my area. Tonight I shall tackle the refrigerator with its many unknown substances and noxious smells.

Spiegel
Wed, 05-02-2007, 11:00 AM
Remember to bring a canary with you in a little cage. If the Canary dies, get out me there and call the local biohazard team.

Oh, and my wallet was stolen... there goes eighty dollars right there.

complich8
Wed, 05-02-2007, 12:13 PM
I have less than a month left on my lease, during which time I need to graduate, attend a wedding, find a buyer for my gigantic couch, find a new place to live, do some massive server juggling at work, attend probably 8-10 more meetings about the server-juggling, find a full-time job. All of these things are ... substantial.

My roommate still hasn't paid his half of the bills for last month. I'm going to catch him and get him to cough up a check tonight though.

RyougaZell
Wed, 05-02-2007, 12:14 PM
And All the previous tenants left alive? Be careful... maybe there is someone buried under the bio hazardness....

Anyways...
So yesterday we were allowed to leave early from work (5:30 instead of the regular 7pm or the lately 9pm extended).
I arrive at home and the first thing Im told is to be quiet because my 3 year nephew is sleeping. I asked why was he here. Father told me my sister had something to do and left the kid there... thanks a lot.
Anyway... I asked if he was on her old room. No, he was left in the living room, where the tv, cable, ps2, dvd and mostly everything is (only my computer is somewhere else) and thus I ask: then I can't do anything? Father got mad. Bah.

So I go to the bathroom and while in there I hear my sister arriving and yelling, waking up the kid. And I was like: WTF? Stupid sister.

I get out of the bathroom, no longer caring about the noise, since the kid was awake, and my older brother says: "you just don't care don't you? can't do anything without making so much noise? your nephew was asleep" . WTF? The damn kid was awake already! He was there when my sister woke him up. Stupid brother with nephew complex...

So... since they can't stand me making noise I go to my room and watch Darker than Black with the headphones. Father goes to my room, and upon seeing I have them on, instead of touching my shoulder or anything he starts yelling so I notice him. Just what the fuck?

After that I took about 1 hour to get out of my bad mood... geez....

darkmetal505
Wed, 05-02-2007, 10:11 PM
My IB tests are starting tommorow. If anyone has been through the program, you know how it feels.... -_-

Spiegel
Wed, 05-02-2007, 10:20 PM
I feel sorry for you darkmetal505, my cousin went through the IB here in mobile, and i did a little AP myself, so I can imagine. Good luck man.

I got a fucking detention today for not being in proper uniform, Not that I was not in a school Uniform, just that I was in a UNIFORM polo shirt on a mass day instead of a button down uniform shirt. Go Catholic school.

XanBcoo
Wed, 05-02-2007, 11:53 PM
I got a fucking detention today for not being in proper uniform, Not that I was not in a school Uniform, just that I was in a UNIFORM polo shirt on a mass day instead of a button down uniform shirt. Go Catholic school.
I loved mass days because we had to wear ties, and after the mass I'd always take off my tie and wear it around my head. I must have looked like a dork, but I felt like the coolest kid alive.

I've got 2 of my final exams tomorrow. The fact that they're both non-cumulative chased away my sense of urgency. Now they're 11 hours away and I've only began studying for 1. In reality, I don't have much to bitch about since it's my fault. But still.

:mad:

Kraco
Thu, 05-03-2007, 03:08 AM
You people must enjoy the high-school anime a lot more than I do, because you actually know first hand this uniform stuff. I don't think there's a single school in this whole country that would use uniforms (or would have ever used for that matter).

complich8
Thu, 05-03-2007, 10:10 AM
I'm fairly sure you're wrong about that, unless you don't have any catholics there or have compulsory public education or something. Many religious schools, particularly catholic schools, have dress codes. Military academies, too.

SK
Thu, 05-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Had 2 finals today, after the second one I found out I had somehow completely missed an essay, not an even turned it in late, not even just decided not to do it, just completely have no memory of it. I mean I don't know how I coulden't have heard of it, I really have ZERO memory on the subject, I think its definately the professor's fault.

Lucifus
Thu, 05-03-2007, 07:25 PM
Ok, so I'm streaming music from the net right before going to school and all of a sudden the music starts slowing down, eventually coming to a stop. Now the thing is, everything was already buffered and I couldn't find any problems. So I left for school wondering what in the hell happened. I come home, turn on my monitor and boot up more music, I get a blank blue screen of death(Vista Ultimate)....it stays there. I restart, log in, and all of a sudden my sound driver is knocked out. I connect to realtek, download sound drivers, and it just wont install. I turn off enforce driver signature and run as administator. No Go. I try about 20 different drivers, all no go. I do a system restore to two days ago.

I boot up again after the system restore, finally have my drivers back and launch Counterstrike, only to get another BSOD, blank again. So I figure, okay this has to be heat issues. Before my machine has much chance to cool down I enter my bios to check out the temperature. Its all good, save something else catchs my eye.

"CHIP fan RPM 0"....................

I shut her down, plug her out and destatic myself. I plug her in, power her on and behold a dead chipset fan. Now I call up ASUS(creator on motherboard and chipset fan" I then learn that it is a well known fact that the currently dead chipset fan I own is prone to dying, and ASUS is giving me a free and better replacement. I would have bought a far better one myself save the fact I cant find one with the right mount.

Now to put the icing on the cake. I have to wait 15-20 business days for my chipset fan replacement. =) And of course that means I'll be without my machine for quite some time. I got so angry I went over to my rabbits cage, took out the rabbit, held it by its leg and throw/slammed it against the wall, leaving a bloody smear and dead rabbit in my room along with a comatose machine. (Last rabbit part I made up but still...I was pretty angry)

Now I'm stuck using my laptop for a few weeks without Photoshop. I could install it on my laptop and use my desktops mouse, but I'm far too lazy to and the colors on my notebooks screen just isnt....accurate enough.

So the moral of this story is I got anally screwed with a known defective chipset fan(not even a heatsink) and I am going to walk funny after that screwing session until my net chipset fan arrives. Then comes the enjoyable process of cutting my fingers replacing that horrendously stupidly built chipset mount/fan.

And theres my rant.....

SK
Thu, 05-03-2007, 07:42 PM
Buy a better fan from Newegg and do 2 day shipping :D

masamuneehs
Thu, 05-03-2007, 08:05 PM
after all the trouble i went through to ensure i graduate, it might get fucked up...

my second major requires I get at least a B- on all courses for it. This semester I'm taking a course in the history department that is cross listed under my major. The prof is a very smart, very reputable expert in his field, but he's an absolute dick and hates my guts (I fell asleep in his class once, once, and his is from 2:45-4:30 on a day I have classes straight from 9AM until 9PM...)

basically I got my resubmitted midterm paper back today only to discover that he gave me NO extra points whatsoever for completely redoing the whole paper, about 2 days of solid library digging and writing. Not a single extra point. And his comments go along the lines of: "you add a great deal of context to the analysis, but you still fail to improve your analysis". I'm sorry, but I just don't understand... I know I could have done a better job, but to not give me a single extra point, that's some bullshit...

Kraco
Fri, 05-04-2007, 04:44 AM
So the moral of this story is I got anally screwed with a known defective chipset fan(not even a heatsink) and I am going to walk funny after that screwing session until my net chipset fan arrives. Then comes the enjoyable process of cutting my fingers replacing that horrendously stupidly built chipset mount/fan.

An old computer of mine with an Abit motherboard used to have a chipset fan that would break approximate once a year (more or less). At one point the shopkeeper of the place where I bought new ones suggested I don't get a new fan but a better passive cooling element (heatsink) and so be spared of the trouble of replacing the stupid fan. A very good deal.

But I guess that's not an option with your mobo, or you would have already marched to a shop and got one instead of bowing down before the mighty Asus...

Koyuki
Fri, 05-04-2007, 08:35 AM
I hate the bus drivers! They’re just so full of it. Today I was accused for free riding on the bus. I was taking the bus home from school with some of my classmates. I couldn’t find my bus card. So I showed the driver my wallet and said that I have my card in the bag, but I couldn’t find it. The bus driver claimed that I wouldn’t pay and was trying to free ride. He stopped the bus and maid me pay. I was mad, but I was bit embarrassed too. I don't care that much about the money, it was just the principle. He could've waited, but instead he made a big deal out of nothing.

I wanted to punch him. This isn’t the first time. There was also another time. The driver (another one) flipped because I tried to exit the bus in the front. He grabbed my arm and asked if I was a retard. “You’ll exit at the back and if you’ll try that again, I’ll punch you.” He said.

Fu** those bastards!

Edit: You got a point there. But I taken the bus for almost 2 years now. I even showed the guy my school card. And they always let students ride even if they have forgotten their card. And if you get caught free riding you can send a print of your card to the traffic office and pay 7$.

Kraco
Fri, 05-04-2007, 09:09 AM
The detail that escapes me is why you couldn't find the card. If the driver so insisted on seeing it (like he probably has to to keep his job), then you should have used all the time in the world to dig the card out of your bag. If you had totally lost it or left it at home or something, then obviously you would have no other option than to pay. It's always like that with such things. Of course it's clear as water for you that you do own a card even if it's not in your hand, but the driver has no concrete way of knowing it without having the reader read it.

SK
Fri, 05-04-2007, 11:58 AM
after all the trouble i went through to ensure i graduate, it might get fucked up...

my second major requires I get at least a B- on all courses for it. This semester I'm taking a course in the history department that is cross listed under my major. The prof is a very smart, very reputable expert in his field, but he's an absolute dick and hates my guts (I fell asleep in his class once, once, and his is from 2:45-4:30 on a day I have classes straight from 9AM until 9PM...)

basically I got my resubmitted midterm paper back today only to discover that he gave me NO extra points whatsoever for completely redoing the whole paper, about 2 days of solid library digging and writing. Not a single extra point. And his comments go along the lines of: "you add a great deal of context to the analysis, but you still fail to improve your analysis". I'm sorry, but I just don't understand... I know I could have done a better job, but to not give me a single extra point, that's some bullshit...

College is great huh?

Spiegel
Sun, 05-13-2007, 12:20 AM
Ok, Here we go. My day starts at 11:30 as I wake up to go take a shower before work. Good so far... Then I remember "Shit, My work uniform is at my dads." Well that is alright so I drive over there get it and go to work. Everything Peachy.

I get to work and go to the job site (catering) and we start the job. We go through the usual, I am carving the roast beef, everything is fine. Well the people decided to stay for Fucking 3 hours after they ate and we couldn't leave till we broke down the drink station. So what so far, We load everything we can into the truck and wait... and wait.... and wait. Finally we get to leave. We get back to the shop and unload the truck and I sign out and one of the girls I was working with comes up to me and says, "Oh by the way, I didn't want to tell you earlier during the job, butyou ripped a huge hole in your pants...."

I honestly wanted to turn around and slap the bitch and be like, "Why didn't you tell me then you fucking whore, now I have gone around making an Ass of myself (Literally) all night!"

Ok, Whatever, I let it slide and make a joke, whatever, just a little pissed. So now I get home and find my cable is out... Won't reconnect when I reset it. I am pissed at this point. I call the 1-800 number and all I get is "Hey sorry your area is having technical Difficulties"....

FUCK BITCH I KNOW THAT, when will it be fixed.... ma'am.

And now I and on fucking 56K which is more like 40K and it is Pissing me the fuck off, Watch it take 5 minutes to post this message.

Damnit....[/EndRant]

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 05-13-2007, 12:59 AM
I got fired from my job at the corn chip factory. What the fuck? Everyone was satisfied with my work except one of my fuckin fat whore bosses. And she tells me I didn't "impress her one bit" when I worked my ass off the whole day the other day. Its like 105 degrees F in that motherfucker and I was dragging trying to pack 40 bags of chips a minute, when I should have been in the back stacking boxes where they always put me.

I asked her if she could get her fat ass out there and do my job.

Only job in this town that pays decently and of course I'm in the shit again with no way of moving away from this fucking hole in the ground

itadakimasu
Mon, 05-21-2007, 10:03 AM
So, two months ago (3-22) my car is stolen... no full coverage insurance, so i'm out $5000 and a car. Save more money.. save more money.. find a pretty good deal and buy the nicest thing i have ever owned in my life, a royal blue 2005 honda civic. I got this car on friday, full coverage insurance right away in case it does get stolen..

So, last night. i get home from 10 hours of work and have now had my car for a little more than 48 hours. I get some dinner, and am eating and watching one piece at my computer in the front room and there is this huge crash.

i jump up, run outside and see this car backing up from next to my car and then it proceeds to drive away down the street.....(it was a 96-97 accord.. same as the one i had stolen) my brand new car is up on my curb, the right front wheel all jacked up axel maybe broken... front fender is torn up bumper torn up, hood torn up..... omfg i dont even know what to think at this point...

this morning i woke up and was thinking about it and grabbed the digital camera and walked down my street because i know the people at the end of the street own an accord that is that body style... and sure enough, those bastards have the car in their driveway pulled all the way up so that you cant see the right front side of it if you just were driving by, and the piece of bumper and blinker light that i have at my house from their car is sure enough missing from their car.... so i take pictures and call the police back... *sigh* such a huge hassle, now hopefully they will have insurance and save me 500-600 $

Assertn
Mon, 05-21-2007, 11:14 AM
this morning i woke up and was thinking about it and grabbed the digital camera and walked down my street because i know the people at the end of the street own an accord that is that body style... and sure enough, those bastards have the car in their driveway pulled all the way up so that you cant see the right front side of it if you just were driving by, and the piece of bumper and blinker light that i have at my house from their car is sure enough missing from their car.... so i take pictures and call the police back... *sigh* such a huge hassle, now hopefully they will have insurance and save me 500-600 $
Nice detective work!

You know, you can cover yourself from uninsured motorists for like, $20 extra added to your insurance plan.

RyougaZell
Mon, 05-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Talk about bastards... at least you found them, and it wasn't some random drunk that just happened to pass nearby.

Not really something that can affect me, but nevertheless...

I hate that the USA goverment is listing my town as high risky, and is advising to not visit.
Why? There were 6 more policemen murdered this weekend, and 2 that survived their attacks, bringing the number up to 70 in less than 5 months.

But... most of them are being linked to the narcotrafico (whatever you guys call it) or organized crime. So far only 2 innocent have died because they were near a policeman that got attacked.

Assertn
Mon, 05-21-2007, 02:49 PM
Talk about bastards... at least you found them, and it wasn't some random drunk that just happened to pass nearby.

Not really something that can affect me, but nevertheless...

I hate that the USA goverment is listing my town as high risky, and is advising to not visit.
Why? There were 6 more policemen murdered this weekend, and 2 that survived their attacks, bringing the number up to 70 in less than 5 months.
So you're saying the 6 that were murdered were because the US listed your town as a high risk?

RyougaZell
Mon, 05-21-2007, 03:14 PM
No no...
I meant to say that everytime they are several murders together, 7 counting today's, the USA goverment lists Nuevo Leon (my state) as high risky, and advises USA-citizens to not come here.

This is the 3rd time this year they have made this announcement.

Assertn
Mon, 05-21-2007, 03:59 PM
No no...
I meant to say that everytime they are several murders together, 7 counting today's, the USA goverment lists Nuevo Leon (my state) as high risky, and advises USA-citizens to not come here.

This is the 3rd time this year they have made this announcement.
Yeah...and every time someone mentions a bomb at an airport anywhere in the world, I have to arrive for my flight 20 minutes earlier than before.

RyougaZell
Mon, 05-21-2007, 05:24 PM
A new bitching I forgot to post earlier.

We are changing buildings. All of Technology Information department is. But us, Testing, along another 2 areas, were ordered to remain behind for an extra week.

The moving was taking place this past weekend, except for us that is.

The boss of the boss of my boss (above him only 2 more) gave this order for us to remain behind, thus he ordered our equipment to not be moved.

To be on the safe side of this... we were ordered to print a message stating "Do not move" and stick it to our computers.

Saturday, we were going to work at 3pm, remotely. So I try to sign in and find myself unable to do so.

I phoned my boss, and she sounded somewhat angry. She told me that they had taken my computer, alongside 2 more to the new building, and that her boss was very mad.

After insulting the guys that took the computers, they brought them back, and I couldn't start working until 5pm.

Didn't they learn to read? Pre-reports, emails and printed messages... yet they took the computer away.

Fortunately mine was brought back. A coworker didn't get his back, they sent another one by mistake (how rare...). They refused to change it back again. So they got yelled again.

Today they told him they were going to return him his pc until after lunch. Once again, they got yelled because the computer they brought by mistake was a server, and it was needed at the new building.

So they come and change computers... but were going to leave one of the old big monitors (tv like... whatever you call it...) instead of the flat lcd one we all have. They get yelled again.

An hour ago my telephone line was cut, because they had activated it at the new building. A new yelling for them.

Geez....
Exasperating... but yet funny as hell.Seriously... what the fuck??

itadakimasu
Wed, 05-23-2007, 11:41 AM
More bitching about my car...

the insurance guy i have helped me out and got my deductibles right so its only $500 for me to pay...

But still, i dont even want the car anymore. I signed to pay over 48 months and my first payment is due the first week of july. I talked to the guy who is going to fix it earlier and he said around $4,000 worth of damage. which also means that if i goto sell my car its not going to be worth close to as much. omfg, so frustrated.

complich8
Fri, 05-25-2007, 04:10 AM
My gpu fan started failing, and I'm now faced with a bad choice. Do I (a) order a new fan now, knowing that unless I spend like $25 to ship it, it probably won't get here before I move out. Or (b) go to best buy and overpay for substantially less of a video card to play it safe. Or (c) start powering my computer off when I leave/go to bed. Or (d) underclock the gpu/memory as far down as they'll go and hope the fan doesn't completely sieze up before I've moved into the new place and settled in enough to order a new gpu cooler and get it.

Right now I'm leaning towards D, combined with not playing pc games until I've got the new cooler.

Kraco
Fri, 05-25-2007, 04:24 AM
Can't you go and buy a new fan locally from some computer shop? Considering that 25 dollars shipment cost, you would have a good marginal to get it for a reasonable price, since you wouldn't be paying for shipping. Well, assuming it's not a special component not available anywhere but from the net store you had in mind, of course.

complich8
Fri, 05-25-2007, 12:21 PM
There's like two local computer shops, and neither of them carries that sort of stuff. The closest place that would carry what I need is probably Fry's down in indy (about 65 miles). Since I don't have a car, that's definitely not gonna fly.

I think with it underclocked and blown out, it's keeping things cool enough that I should be ok for a while. So I'm just going to hold off, and hopefully replace the fan the first week in June.

Assertn
Fri, 05-25-2007, 01:01 PM
I had a gpu fan *melt* off my video card last summer, and temporarily compensated for it with one of those generic PCI fans you just rig below the AGP slot.

Seemed to work fairly well.

Spiegel
Fri, 05-25-2007, 02:40 PM
The card i was using in my computer that stays on 24/7 finally decided a month or so ago that it didn't want to work anymore. I was working on getting a new motherboard in the case and i noticed the normally noisy fan wasn't going at all. Then I smelled some lovely burning smell. So yes, don't you just love old, dead, computer parts.

itadakimasu
Wed, 05-30-2007, 07:57 PM
Ok new bitching from me... yes, i bitch alot. So if you read back a page or 2 in the thread you'll see my previous bitching about the hit and run on my 2 day old car, which is still in the shop.

So, today after a long day i get home and am already aggravated by stress and a headache, and then my mom tells me "they repaired that car!"

So, again im off.... digital camera in hand and i walk to the end of the street and take pictures of these peoples car that they have quickly fixed totally replacing the fender and front bumper to try to hide the fact that they hit my car... they will be surprised when i show them all the pictures i have of their wrecked car. Anyhow... the police told me not to go over there, so i didn't. And when i call the police, they tell me i have to have the original police officer handle it and he just so happens to not work until friday. WTF /
The police obviously dont care, and i am the only person who has done any work.... not only did i find the car, but i have the whole thing documented but i have yet to get ahold of the only police officer they are telling me can help me.. OMFG.

and if they can afford to try to hide the damage to their car surely they can pay me for what they owe me. In the event that they're not insured i have decided that $4000 is a fair amount of money, for my first months car payment since i haven't driven it but for a day, first month insurance, lost value on my car, and for 'pain and suffering' for having to waste time taking the bus and or walking everywhere when i should have my brand new car.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e383/bbaucom/100_0716.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e383/bbaucom/100_0771.jpg
That is their car, and this is my car :
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e383/bbaucom/100_0721.jpg

hiddenpookie
Sat, 06-02-2007, 11:30 PM
Damn I can relate to car crashing! It sucks man

I am never happy and I am always yearning for something different and its pissing me off[wont get in to details].. I need love?

Bucket
Sat, 06-02-2007, 11:54 PM
You need to stop convincing yourself that your life is incomplete without X, Y or Z. If you REALLY wanted something, you'd go out and get it. If not, you've already accepted what you have.

hiddenpookie
Sun, 06-03-2007, 01:45 AM
You need to stop convincing yourself that your life is incomplete without X, Y or Z. If you REALLY wanted something, you'd go out and get it. If not, you've already accepted what you have.

If only life was as simple as WANTING it enough huh?

RyougaZell
Sun, 06-03-2007, 09:31 AM
Currently at the office. Been here since 3:30am.
My bitch?
A system failed. And the only guy that could fix it didn't come. They called him and his son didn't want to give his cellphone number.
Boss got somewhat mad (with that guy).
Somebody else is currently helping us.

Winged Dancer
Mon, 06-04-2007, 05:06 PM
I'm about to bitch about my dad's family. Why can't they be sensible like him?

Starting with my grandmother and her personal crusade to make me see the error of my ways and make me believe in Jesus almighty and the virgin Mary. I should live like the Church, she tells me... how?, I ask. Surrounded by riches? She got angry.
Why can't you understand I'm not catholic and I'll NEVER EVER be, bitch?? Not even your sons are catholic because you scared them away from the church!!

Oh and my uncles. Here's a conversation by them:

1: Money money new car hah hah, money taxes?
2: New car? Taxes! Money money I stole from the treasury lol money money.
1: LOL money, faked the exports and pocketed the taxes, money new car money.
Me&Dad: ....T_T

Superficial sons of bitches. Well, of one bitch, who thaught them to behave like the church. Now that's lol.

And now one by my cousin!!
Female cousin: "And, like, this guy tried to pay with a twenty-dollar bill, and like, the guy at the bar, tore it off and then burned it!! And then, like, he tried to pay with another twenty, and the guy burned it again!! It was SO awesome! Like, until he used a fifty, he couldn't pay."
Me: T_T
Male Cousin: "Yes, that guy is cool. I invited him a drink, even though I hate his guts, but I got to sit at the VIP table because of that."

I can't fucking wait 'till I?m mature enough to let go of society and join a Buddhist monastery.

Kraco
Mon, 06-04-2007, 05:45 PM
Female cousin: "And, like, this guy tried to pay with a twenty-dollar bill, and like, the guy at the bar, tore it off and then burned it!! And then, like, he tried to pay with another twenty, and the guy burned it again!! It was SO awesome! Like, until he used a fifty, he couldn't pay."

For some reason "awesome" was not the first word that came into my mind when I read that...

I know I wouldn't understand people like that any more than you do. Fortunately I don't have relatives like that, though.