PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 289 Raw

nests
Thu, 12-22-2005, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by: Jadugar
289 MQ Scanlation (http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1Q7SOQD29RXS318BR5J2VMJ0PI)[/quote]

Terracosmo
Thu, 12-22-2005, 10:12 AM
Congratulations, Assertn!

KoKo37
Thu, 12-22-2005, 10:17 AM
*** Spoiler Alert : If you havn't looked at the images *DO NOT* read my post.***

You looked at em?

ok thank god its kabuto i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif, i thought it was going to be him then i thought maybe kishi would go homo and put in a new character -.- lol, anyways this is gonna be awesome, there probally show his background story soon and maybe a fight involving him. Hpfully he'll fight with Yamato though probally he will then naruto and stuff will jump in and then he'll jump back say something and then vanish. <--- hoping im wrong i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

also wondering if Orchi saw the whole thing or if thats just a different scene altogether >: ).

nests
Thu, 12-22-2005, 10:41 AM
It seems like Orochimaru knows the whole thing

Edit:
Fixed Raw
Link 1 (http://rapidshare.de/files/9638523/289dyrov2.zip.html)

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 12-22-2005, 10:56 AM
Oro! Oro! ORO!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been too long!!!

KoKo37
Thu, 12-22-2005, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by: nests
It seems like Orochimaru knows the whole thing

Edit:
Fixed Raw
Link 1 (http://rapidshare.de/files/9638523/289dyrov2.zip.html)

mannn cant wait for someone to translate that XD

Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel
Oro! Oro! ORO!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been too long!!!

defently XD, i wanna see orchis new body and for him to finnaly pwn someone with it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Knives122
Thu, 12-22-2005, 11:26 AM
and you guys said it wasn't Kabuto, tsk tsk.

anphorus
Thu, 12-22-2005, 11:37 AM
I wonder if Kabuto is actually a spy, If you get my meaning. It'd be interesting to find out whether he is truthfully spying on Oro, or whether Oro is using him to feed Atkasuki false info about his movements. (With or without Kabuto's knoledge on the later.)

What I think is most likely is that Kabuto is betraying Orochimaru (there has been much hinting about this, even since the very first time that we saw Kabuto talking to Oro). but that (unbeknownst to Kabuto) Orochimaru knows all about Kabuto's spying and is feeding kabuto false information, in order to throw off the Akatsuki.

Edit: Added own opinion

elmojo
Thu, 12-22-2005, 11:43 AM
awsome! oro is back!!!

finally!

Psyke
Thu, 12-22-2005, 11:52 AM
Nice to see Kabuto and Orochimaru back, and I agree that it's hard to fully believe that Kabuto is working for the full interest of Akatsuki. Anyway, it won't be too long before we get a look at the new Sasuke.

nests
Thu, 12-22-2005, 11:54 AM
Kabuto did seem pretty scared when he herd something I hope that he is trying to betray Orochimaru Then he can order Sasuke to kill him

mage
Thu, 12-22-2005, 12:18 PM
orochimaru is lookin pretty crazy in that last page.

Jman
Thu, 12-22-2005, 12:22 PM
Wow its been a while and I'm glad to see that Kabuto's back. It's about damn time Oro makes another appearance and I'm hoping that Sasuke emerges to once again >..er fight Naruto.

Assertn
Thu, 12-22-2005, 12:39 PM
I get mixed feelings now that I know I was right all along.
How am I supposed to respond to this?

Definitely a total badass chapter though. Oro showing up so suddenly to already catch kabuto in the act kinda loses a few points for kabuto though.
I bet kabuto already knows Sasori's a fake because he made him wait.

Jadugar
Thu, 12-22-2005, 01:44 PM
289 MQ Scanlation (http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1Q7SOQD29RXS318BR5J2VMJ0PI)

anphorus
Thu, 12-22-2005, 01:59 PM
Wow, Sai has a dead brother, how dramatic! Anyways, Naruto seemed to make an intelligent Ninja-like statement early on... only to end up looking like a complete ninja-fool later.

Kabuto's appearance just raises even more questions, it's starting to look like Orochimaru was mind-controlling him or something. i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Doesn't look like it'll be long until we see Sasuke again anyways, that should be pretty cool, I wonder how much he has changed in these 2.5 years.

Assertn
Thu, 12-22-2005, 02:09 PM
damn...such an elite chapter

darkmetal505
Thu, 12-22-2005, 02:23 PM
holy shit kabuto is betraying oro....

elmojo
Thu, 12-22-2005, 02:36 PM
interestingly enough , this will definately show some of kabuto's past in the future chapters we are propably gonna see a more human side to him than what we were used to, and oro is so bad ass ~ he always warned kabuto about betrayal.... i also think that sasuke will fight him (to whoever wrote that up)

Dionysos
Thu, 12-22-2005, 02:43 PM
Why is this chapter so amazing big....11 mb

Prof. Chaos
Thu, 12-22-2005, 02:59 PM
Well Sasori and Oro were paired together before he split.

Assertn
Thu, 12-22-2005, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by: Prof. Chaos

where'd you come up with that?

Zhan
Thu, 12-22-2005, 04:18 PM
http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3413/v30ch267042dy.png

nests
Thu, 12-22-2005, 05:16 PM
Wow I didnt remember that

kooshi
Thu, 12-22-2005, 05:47 PM
Where was Kabuto originally from? If he came from the same place as Sasori, I can imagine Kabuto being a spy for Sasori. If not, it just means that there's a higher chance of Kabuto giving false information.
And I just love Oro's look at the last page. Just awesome i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 12-22-2005, 06:10 PM
This is kinda funny to see. First time people have been happy to see something that they were predicting occur as opposed to bitching about the series becomming cliche or predictable. I must admit that I too am quite happy to see this turn of events at least it severs a very nice pay off for all of the nuanced dialogue that we've seen take place between ochimaro and kabuto. I'm happy to see that Kabuto is the spy but dammit fricking kishimoto better find some way to provide a backstory to justify this.

Divinity
Thu, 12-22-2005, 06:37 PM
Oh man, this is getting so cool!!!

I too also think that Oro will make Sasuke kill Kabuto.

I bet in the end of the next chapter Orochimaru will say "Kill him." and all they will show on the last page is a shadowy figure saying "Yes, Orochimaru-Sensei." Of course it's obvious it's Sasuke, but they won't show you the way he looks jsut yet until next chapter. =D

Naruto_RNG
Thu, 12-22-2005, 06:48 PM
he would look just like his brother. no suprise in that. I don't know why u guys want to see susake so bad. I hope sai or naruto goes all crazy and kill him. that would something to look forward to. I'm more intrested in naruto's new jutsus then susake appearing. u guys are making too big of deal out of this.

MFauli
Thu, 12-22-2005, 07:58 PM
Erm, i just read the chapter.....why is Sasori alive ?!?

anphorus
Thu, 12-22-2005, 08:12 PM
It was Yamoto Henshin'd into Sasori

Also: The old woman, with her hair like that reminds me slightly of another Naruto character, but I can't think who...

Assertn
Thu, 12-22-2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by: anphorus
Also: The old woman, with her hair like that reminds me slightly of another Naruto character, but I can't think who...
Sakura?

Hmm, interesting detail, zhan. I think when I read it, I interpreted it as together as the whole akatsuki collective, but now that we know that new members can join when old members leave, it would also explain the whole "we only move in groups of two, yet before oro left there was an odd number" situation. So oro would've been paired with sasori, then when he left, deidara was paird with sasori.

HOWEVER....

It was also mentioned, when the akatsuki were using their combined chakra for that giant demon extraction jutsu, that the process would take much longer with the absense of orochimaru, which wouldnt make sense if there were the same number of akatsuki members back then as there were after oro left. Unless the difference in chakra between oro and deidara is vastly significant. Also, this means they had to have an extra ring lying around, because oro still has his.

Jaredster
Thu, 12-22-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

I don't remeber where, but I heard that Sasori used to be paired with Orochimaru too.

Originally posted by: anphorus
It was Yamoto Henshin'd into Sasori

Maybe you're thinking of Sakura. Kishimoto sort of reuses the style for Sakura on Chiyo.

Assertn
Thu, 12-22-2005, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by: Jaredster

I don't remeber where, but I heard that Sasori used to be paired with Orochimaru too.

Read everything below that post, including the post I made right above yours i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

nests
Fri, 12-23-2005, 02:02 AM
This is good I really have no Idea what might happend next as for people liking this chapter is not because Kabuto was the spy but because Badass Orochimaru saw the whole thing and if his planning on interfering, the four little konoha ninjas better start praying

Terracosmo
Fri, 12-23-2005, 09:08 AM
This was awesome. Oro's look on the last page = holy shit. I wonder about Kabuto's line: "A weird feeling remains from the time I remembered who I was, unsealed by Sasori-sama's technique". Did Sasori have him under some kind of control? Man, blood is gonna flow now that Oro knows that Kabuto is a traitor. Things are really looking up. Too bad Sakura had to ruin the beginning of the chapter by being annoying and babbling about Sasuke as usual...

Also,

Originally posted by: MFauli
Erm, i just read the chapter.....why is Sasori alive ?!?

Are you kidding? Haven't you read the last 5 chapters?

Konohamaru
Fri, 12-23-2005, 10:26 AM
nice, Kabuto is a double agent! I hope. Kabuto is cool and I've always liked him. Though the times we've seen him fight, he didn't seem to be as strong as the other akatsuki members. I doubt he's betraying Oro. I think they knew about this altogether and Oro is just on the watch out incase Naruto and Co. Jump him. Oro prolly set up the rabbit as a decoy for Kabuto to make it look like he's scared. Talk about Oro, it's nice to see him again, I missed the scary sadistic bastard, lol. 2nd best bad Guy in anime in my books as Aizen Sousuke took the top spot in the last 2 Bleach episodes i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

This story will unravel slowly but nicely. Can't wait to read on!

KoKo37
Fri, 12-23-2005, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
This was awesome. Oro's look on the last page = holy shit. I wonder about Kabuto's line: "A weird feeling remains from the time I remembered who I was, unsealed by Sasori-sama's technique". Did Sasori have him under some kind of control? Man, blood is gonna flow now that Oro knows that Kabuto is a traitor. Things are really looking up. Too bad Sakura had to ruin the beginning of the chapter by being annoying and babbling about Sasuke as usual...
yah i think Sasori did have a spell on him like he did with those sand guys.
I just mainly wanna see Kabuto's background story and for orchi finally fight with his new body i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif.

@ MFauli i suppose you missed the part when yamato said something like "il go disguised as Sasori" or something like that, you might wanna read the past 5 chapters >: )

Assertn
Fri, 12-23-2005, 12:14 PM
Why would sasori have put a seal on kabuto, just to remove it? We know that he's been a traitor for the akatsuki for at LEAST 5 years, since thats when they last met, so the entire time we've known kabuto, he's been unsealed and working for sasori.

Kabuto lived in konoha ever since he was a little kid. Maybe oro saw his potential and put a curse seal on him, making him his minion. Then they figured out how to remove the seal and sasori performed it. If this is the case, then they could probably figure out the same technique to remove the curse seal from sasuke.

I kinda wish oro didn't find out. I'm interested enough as it is with what will develop between kabuto and the konoha group

Edort4
Fri, 12-23-2005, 01:10 PM
Nice chapter next one is decisive, to see if kabuto works with orochimaru and is pretendind, or he is just being used by hum. I want some orochimaru full power devastation.

P.S: I wonder where all those naruto-bored ppl are now...

Assassin
Fri, 12-23-2005, 05:19 PM

HOWEVER....

It was also mentioned, when the akatsuki were using their combined chakra for that giant demon extraction jutsu, that the process would take much longer with the absense of orochimaru, which wouldnt make sense if there were the same number of akatsuki members back then as there were after oro left. Unless the difference in chakra between oro and deidara is vastly significant. Also, this means they had to have an extra ring lying around, because oro still has his.

I think the extra time mite be due to the fact that oro knows an immense amount of jutsu's. Its possible that he was either better at that extraction jutsu, or that he knew some other jutsu's that would make the extraction go faster. Also, he probably does have more chakra then deidra. I've always thought of oro as the second (or 3rd) strongest in akatsuki. The only one oro is afraid of is itachi, so its reasonable to assume that thnks himself stronger then the rest of the group.

I kinda wish oro didn't find out. I'm interested enough as it is with what will develop between kabuto and the konoha group

Ya same. I wanted more time for kabuto to explain his story.

As for the unsealing thing, i think kabuto just thinks sasori unsealed him. We know that sasori had some mindcontrol jutsu in his arsenal, and we also know that oro and sasori used to work together. I think that oro originally recruited kabuto in konoha, and when he left akatsuki, sasori used that mind control jutsu on kabuto making him think that he had been freed or whatever. If kabuto thinks that sasori helped him escape from oro' grasp, he'd probably want to repay him by spying on oro.

Assertn
Fri, 12-23-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by: Assassin

HOWEVER....

I think the extra time mite be due to the fact that oro knows an immense amount of jutsu's. Its possible that he was either better at that extraction jutsu, or that he knew some other jutsu's that would make the extraction go faster. Also, he probably does have more chakra then deidra. I've always thought of oro as the second (or 3rd) strongest in akatsuki. The only one oro is afraid of is itachi, so its reasonable to assume that thnks himself stronger then the rest of the group.
That doesn't explain the odd number of rings.

As for the unsealing thing, i think kabuto just thinks sasori unsealed him. We know that sasori had some mindcontrol jutsu in his arsenal, and we also know that oro and sasori used to work together. I think that oro originally recruited kabuto in konoha, and when he left akatsuki, sasori used that mind control jutsu on kabuto making him think that he had been freed or whatever. If kabuto thinks that sasori helped him escape from oro' grasp, he'd probably want to repay him by spying on oro.

We know that sasori had some mindcontrol jutsu?

Assassin
Fri, 12-23-2005, 05:45 PM
well i wasn't really trying to explain the rings, just the time issue.

and ya i think we do....werent those sand-nins nins under sasori's control when they let diedra into the sand village? And also those 'clones' that fought with team gai and team kakashi when they were heading to the akatsuki hideout. I think they were all sandnins, but i could be wrong.

can anyone with the past manga chapters comfirm the mindcontrol thing?

RasenDori
Sat, 12-24-2005, 08:35 AM
i dont think that they actually said that sasori had a mind conrtol jutsu, but was commonly accepted. because it did seem as if yuura had his mind unsealed or something like that.

Flaps
Sat, 12-24-2005, 12:12 PM
It was also mentioned, when the akatsuki were using their combined chakra for that giant demon extraction jutsu, that the process would take much longer with the absense of orochimaru, which wouldnt make sense if there were the same number of akatsuki members back then as there were after oro left. Unless the difference in chakra between oro and deidara is vastly significant. Also, this means they had to have an extra ring lying around, because oro still has his

Uhm doesn't this Zetsu guy move on his own? since that guy that wants to replace Sasori in akatsuki isn't considered a member yet right? correct me if i'm wrong here

Assassin
Sat, 12-24-2005, 12:21 PM
im sure he has a partner, we just haven't seen him

KoKo37
Sat, 12-24-2005, 12:38 PM
uhh i thought "Zetsu" is like two people in one because of the half masks, and also i think at the end of the sasake chase arc, he said with only him there " This is getting interesting" then someone else said "yah...." or he might be a scitsofrinic ( i honestly dont got a clue how to spell that word so dunno if i got right or not i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif ). And i think Tobi is offically in now though im not complety sure XD.

Edort4
Sat, 12-24-2005, 04:06 PM
I believe that is something like schizophrenic. Zetsu is just another aberration, like gaara naruto etc. Im going to say that they are brothers that share the same body, siams. Kishimoto loves aberrations and androginous guys.

heero
Sat, 12-24-2005, 09:23 PM
is it just me or does oro look younger than before

anphorus
Sat, 12-24-2005, 09:39 PM
Kinda... it could just be 'cause his eyes are so big in the "I'm completely batshit-crazy!" shot we see of him. Maybe his new body is younger than the one he had before.

Assertn
Sun, 12-25-2005, 01:02 AM
and ya i think we do....werent those sand-nins nins under sasori's control when they let diedra into the sand village? And also those 'clones' that fought with team gai and team kakashi when they were heading to the akatsuki hideout. I think they were all sandnins, but i could be wrong.

The reason I think they consciously chose to obey sasori was because they referred to their deaths (when they pretended to be itachi and kisame) as honorable deaths that they would have gladly taken as the tradeoff for experiencing the life of an akatsuki member even for such a short time.

Sasori was from the sand village. Would it be far-fetched for him to have secret allies still in the village?

And the clones were just that, clones. They weren't actually people.

Assassin
Sun, 12-25-2005, 01:48 AM
no i suppose its not. but the possibility is still out there. we have seen odder things in the naruto world

ChaosK
Sun, 12-25-2005, 06:15 PM
wow creepy ending.

RasenDori
Mon, 12-26-2005, 08:48 AM

The reason I think they consciously chose to obey sasori was because they referred to their deaths (when they pretended to be itachi and kisame) as honorable deaths that they would have gladly taken as the tradeoff for experiencing the life of an akatsuki member even for such a short time.

Sasori was from the sand village. Would it be far-fetched for him to have secret allies still in the village?

And the clones were just that, clones. They weren't actually people.

however kabuto does mention the effects of sasoris mind sealing techneque, and something did happen to yuura. i think these people were sasoris loyal subjects, and he sealed their minds once they became spies so they would never comprimise the mission.

Assertn
Mon, 12-26-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by: RasenDori
however kabuto does mention the effects of sasoris mind sealing techneque, and something did happen to yuura. i think these people were sasoris loyal subjects, and he sealed their minds once they became spies so they would never comprimise the mission.

So kabuto's aware that his mind has been sealed and he's cool with it?

Kabuto was talking about being UNSEALED by sasori, meaning that his level of personal awareness at this point is greater than it has been 5 years ago. If anything, it would suggest that he's in more control over his own actions that he used to be.

Personally, I think the whole reference to being unsealed was for him to regain the memories of his past, rather than any sort of mind-control whatsoever.

Uchiha Barles
Tue, 12-27-2005, 01:08 AM
OMG. Everyone quickly...clench your buttcheeks! OROCHIMARU IS BACK!!!!! *the horror!*

I don't really know what to say about this chapter that hasn't been said. I didn't predict that the spy could be kabuto for 2 reason. One, I didn't think about it. Two, when I saw other people suggest it, I figured it would not be him, because making Kabuto the spy has "getting to the point" type feeling, whereas I thought they were going to drag this out (let me not get my hopes up too soon, it can still happen...). Really though, its rather difficult to figure out what's really going on with Kabuto. 5 years...that predates the beginning of the series...it seems like anything is possible now. And yeah, it is hard to believe that Kabuto would not know that Orochimaru is watching him.

Assassin
Tue, 12-27-2005, 01:12 AM
for all we know it could just be a setup of some sort by kabuto....hes rite up there when it comes to devious plots.

Raven
Tue, 12-27-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn
I don't think it'll be Sasuke under the cloak, that'd be way too obvious, seeing the reader's mentality is 'OMG MUST SEE HIM SOON/NOW!', so Kishi won't hand it over that easily. I'm thinking it'll be Kabuto
Yay, I was right! But so were a lot of people.

Awesome chapter. So many possibilities. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

deadlydreamx
Wed, 12-28-2005, 02:47 AM
hey for all we know.. kabuto and oro got there before naruto n crew got there n they killed off the spy and are feeding random crap to "sasori"

Assassin
Wed, 12-28-2005, 03:04 AM
but in that case, kabuto wouldnt show is real face. he'd henge into the spy

deadlydreamx
Wed, 12-28-2005, 03:25 AM
see but they dnt know kabuto isnt the real spy

rockmanj
Thu, 12-29-2005, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by: heero
is it just me or does oro look younger than before

Well, he possessed a way younger body than his old one, i think, so that's probably why he looks like that

ChaosK
Thu, 12-29-2005, 10:34 PM
wait...oro put on another face again?

rockmanj
Thu, 12-29-2005, 10:38 PM
you don't remember the boy he possessed from his little fighting arena thing he had?

Sapphire
Sat, 12-31-2005, 02:26 PM
Damn it.. Sakura is just trying to get into Sai's pants..

I will admit.. I was kinda like.. 'WOOH!' when I saw Orochimaru and Kabuto again..

Kabuto should just hurry up and kill Sakura mmkaythx. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif