PDA

View Full Version : Are you still watching Naruto?

Jadugar
Mon, 12-19-2005, 03:43 PM
Are you still watching Naruto?

I know I have. I just wanted to know how many people have stopped watching Naruto because of the fillers.

I used to look forward to Wednesday through whole week not any more.

Are u still watching Naruto just for tha sake of it?

FrogKing
Mon, 12-19-2005, 04:06 PM
I agree, Wednesday nights were looked forward to. Now, I am amped for Tuesdays (Bleach!) and no longer download any of the fillers. I stopped watching somewhere in the 'find-a-bug-that-can-find-Sasuke' filler. I think I'll wait till spring to pick Naruto back up; hopefully Bleach will not be in a filler stage so Tuesdays and Wednesdays will be fantastic!

XanBcoo
Mon, 12-19-2005, 04:08 PM
I stopped watching the fillers at the Bikochu arc. Couldn't take it anymore.

Also, Jadugar, change the poll question. It's asking "are you still watching?" and you're asking "have you stopped?". A little confusing.

Terracosmo
Mon, 12-19-2005, 04:09 PM
I keep watching. I enjoy making fun of the bad episodes. Also, I've been a fan for years, it would be lame to stop watching now.

Jadugar
Mon, 12-19-2005, 04:17 PM
@ Terra : I comend you on yur bravery.

@ XanBcoo : I also stopped after Bikochu arc.

Before I couldnt get enough of Naruto but watching these recent fillers I am thinking when will this episode end?

aznroyale
Mon, 12-19-2005, 04:32 PM
either good or bad eps, helps me kill time

Phoenix20578
Mon, 12-19-2005, 04:40 PM
I still watch for the same reasons Terra has.

Death13a
Mon, 12-19-2005, 04:45 PM
Watching RAW for most of the time and skip most of episode unless it sorta intresting (and lots of talking) then i download sub.

nests
Mon, 12-19-2005, 05:41 PM
I still watching but I almost quit it a while a go but lately they having been that horrible just a little horrible

BioAlien
Mon, 12-19-2005, 06:17 PM
i keep watching every wednesday Naruto, filler or not filler, because to me its the same, since i don't read the manga

masamuneehs
Mon, 12-19-2005, 06:25 PM
I watch the fillers when I'm bored or really want to subject myself to mindless nonsense.

I guess I'm just either really stubborn, really bored or really stupid...

However, I will say that I don't watch Naruto as religiously as I used to. By that I mean I used to anticipate the fansub release (usually Dattebayo), grab the DL ASAP, bite my nails while waiting, and then immediatley watch the episode. Basically, I couldn't wait to see the next episode. Now, with the filler, I delay watching them, sometimes for over a week and sometimes I just don't bother downloading them if I have something else to keep me occupied.

EDIT

Originally posted by: BioAlien
i keep watching every wednesday Naruto, filler or not filler, because to me its the same, since i don't read the manga

BLASPHEMY!!! Burn him at the stake! Burn him at the motherloving stake!!!!

mage
Mon, 12-19-2005, 06:59 PM
i download them simply to keep my collection complete, but i don't watch them.

aznroyale
Mon, 12-19-2005, 07:11 PM
hell yeah, i collect them too

darkmetal505
Mon, 12-19-2005, 07:39 PM
i dont watch on the day as I used to. I wait for free time.

Mr Squiggles
Mon, 12-19-2005, 08:52 PM
Yeah, I still watch it, but just casually

B4 it was like "sweet, naruto is out!" then id check the download every 15 min and watch it as soon as it was done, but now I watch whenever i have nothing else to do, usually a day or two after its been dled.

DayoftheDante
Mon, 12-19-2005, 09:55 PM
Still watching. By getting used to these fillers, I figure when the real action picks up again it'll be a jarring impact of coolness.

I'm also catching up to the events in Bleach. Long way to go, I'm at 26.

Ero-Fan
Mon, 12-19-2005, 10:34 PM
I still collect and watch 'em, but I read the manga and rewatch the old non-filler episodes frequently to make myself feel better. Sigh, if only they could animate them better, or have better storyline (I assume they can't do both, stupid filler creators probably can't walk and chew gum at the same time).

ChiaCheese
Tue, 12-20-2005, 06:11 AM
i still watch, but i only download the aone fansubs so it's been a while. but since it's all filler so far, i don't really mind waiting.

Carnage
Tue, 12-20-2005, 07:04 AM
No, but im still going to collect them only if Aone keeps on subbing them ( just because no other group is relativley worth it to download). Once the story gets back on track, then thats a different story.

WarkWark
Tue, 12-20-2005, 09:35 AM
I quit watching the fillers, they are just too bad. Of course, when you compare ANYTHING after the Water Country arc to it, it looks bad. I could honestly say that the water country arc is probaly one of the best parts of any anime I have seen, the music, the story, the fighting, was just really well done. I will start watching again whenever the filler-marathon is over. I would almost rather one of FOX's horrible ideas then naruto, you know thats bad.

(CELEBRITY SKATING FOR WIN!)

Rek
Tue, 12-20-2005, 10:26 AM
Ionno, the forest scene with konoha vs. sound 4 (5) was particularly bad ass...

I still watch the filler because its a break from one piece (which I'm catching up on) and on tuesdays I can't play WoW, because the servers are being maintained. Every once in awhile the filler is just fuck tastic tho. Episode 101 is still my favorite ever, and the naruto and the fake lee and gai was slightly amusing.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 12-20-2005, 03:51 PM
Still watching cause...

what's 20 minutes a week? Not like I'm doing anything else.

aznroyale
Tue, 12-20-2005, 03:58 PM
exactly its only 20 mins

hitokirigirl
Thu, 12-22-2005, 11:40 AM
Haha, same reply i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif
And it's not like I'm watching only Naruto; about 10/15 good series are fansubbed by now.

fahoumh
Sat, 12-24-2005, 09:50 PM
I started watching the series 3 weeks ago and I'm completely caught up with the exception of the movie and the specials. I'm really enjoying the series but these fillers are killing me....especially the current "Bird saga" filler. I'm not sure what's worse: the animation or the writing. Oh well....the good stuff will be an even bigger relief when it finally arrives.

heero
Sat, 12-24-2005, 10:44 PM
ya still watch it but the more i watch the more i hate about the show

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 12-25-2005, 12:00 AM
I plan to deleate the accursed things once I have then archived on DVD.

Turkish-S
Sun, 12-25-2005, 05:05 AM
yes but i'm like 4 episode's behind.

KoKo37
Sun, 12-25-2005, 08:35 AM
im semi watching, i watched the bug hunt arc and the 3rd ghost hunt espisode. not to many out of all of them im kinda trying to skip em and just go back when the fillers end i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif ( im just praying they dont do evil flashbacks to the fillers -.-" )

jadow77
Wed, 12-28-2005, 12:16 PM
A?
At what episode does the fillers start?

KoKo37
Wed, 12-28-2005, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by: jadow77
A?
At what episode does the fillers start?

right after the sasake chase arc, this entire season has been fillers and will continue till the end o.O ( you can tell different seasons by the opening song if you dont know i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif )

3])iT : oh and i think the fillers started at espisode 136 i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

jadow77
Wed, 12-28-2005, 01:39 PM
ok thanks, i'm on episode 110 so i got some eps b4 the fillers.

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 12-29-2005, 12:54 AM
Im taking a break from Naruto untill it goes back to the orginal story. I never liked the fillers so for me waiting is better then watching the fillers.

Jadugar
Thu, 12-29-2005, 12:58 AM
Its going to be a long wait. i/expressions/clock.gif

KitKat
Thu, 12-29-2005, 09:30 AM
I agree with ShinobiNeko. The fillers are just a waste of time. I haven't downloaded Naruto since the end of the summer. I might end up watching them eventually, but during school I have limited free time and I don't want to spend it watching Naruto fillers, especially when there are so many other excellent animes that I could watch. For instance, I'm currently watching Kenshin and Monster on a weekly basis, and they are both on a level of awesomeness that far surpasses Naruto fillers.

Carnage
Thu, 12-29-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by: ShinobiNeko
Im taking a break from Naruto untill it goes back to the orginal story. I never liked the fillers so for me waiting is better then watching the fillers.

My sentiments exactly. Why waist your time on fillers when you could spend it being really lazy?

Deblas
Thu, 12-29-2005, 08:05 PM
I stopped watching Naruto and got into One Piece when the fillers started. Not worth the download, not even to get a few laughs. Perhaps I'll get back to it once they get back to the original story but One Piece reigns supreme.

Jadugar
Thu, 12-29-2005, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by: Deblas
One Piece reigns supreme.

I concur.

Divinity
Thu, 12-29-2005, 08:54 PM
I wonder... Will these fillers really be put into DVD....

"BRAND NEW NARUTO FILLER SEASON"
GREAT QUALITY
GREAT SOUND
CHEAP PRICE

Though are there actually some super hardcore fans out there that enjoy these episodes?

ChaosK
Thu, 12-29-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
I keep watching. I enjoy making fun of the bad episodes. Also, I've been a fan for years, it would be lame to stop watching now.

ditto

Originally posted by: aznroyale
either good or bad eps, helps me kill time

again, ditto.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 12-29-2005, 10:58 PM
I stopped watching some time ago, and though I keep downloading the new eps I somehow havn't managed to get around to watching them. I think personally I won't see any Naruto until mid May at the earliest, since I will be revising for my final year uni exams that are in May. Oh well... guess I'll have like 40 eps to watch in one go after my degree is finished i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif.

Sapphire
Sat, 12-31-2005, 12:23 PM
The filers start on like... episode 136..

And I think they are going on until the end of the season, which is like episode 175.. o.O

It didnt take long for Naruto to catch up to the manga though, so I wonder what's going to happen. I stopped watching the filers for a few months, but I was too curious, and watched a few episodes.. MISTAKE -_-;;