PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Competition

PSJ
Sun, 12-18-2005, 08:59 PM
Well i thought we could have a competition this Christmas. Just a free for all, most votes win. You submit your best work, i host and upload it here. People vote. The winner possibly gets a christmas present in the form of a custom title, i'll talk to the admins about this once this competition is under way. Just give a shout out in here if you are up for the challenge or give me a pm about it.

Rules
Size restrictions: None, this is a free for all so make it as big as you want, try to be reasonable though.
Theme: Well obviously you are to use a Christmas render.
Due Date: 24th of December, so you got a little less than a week.
Voting: Starts at 25th and finishes on 30th, Five days of voting should be enough.

Get going you maggots!! I hope to see at least some people showing their interest in this.

EDIT: Since some things are unclear they come here. This is a signature competition, you PM your sig to me before the 24th of december.

EDIT 2:

Custom title is the 1st place prize!!!

Phoenix20578
Sun, 12-18-2005, 10:02 PM
Interesting... I'm in. Sounds like fun.

aznroyale
Sun, 12-18-2005, 10:54 PM
sounds fun better start to get to work soon

LaZie
Mon, 12-19-2005, 02:13 AM
I'm in. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Mr Squiggles
Mon, 12-19-2005, 02:15 AM
Sounds pretty neat...

What about those of us that can draw, but couldn't use photoshop if our life depended on it? Does it have to be a render or would I be able to submit a drawing?

6Zabuza9
Mon, 12-19-2005, 02:20 AM
so we can put in renders that we didnt draw?

LaZie
Mon, 12-19-2005, 04:52 AM
Do we just post the sig here or PM it to you?

basey44
Mon, 12-19-2005, 05:02 AM
well im out if this is a sig competition cos i have no idea about photoshop, but if i can draw let the fun begin

PSJ
Mon, 12-19-2005, 08:50 AM
It's a signature competition. You PM your work to me before or on the 24th, preferably before.

KitKat
Mon, 12-19-2005, 10:27 AM
Bah, I can't believe I'm going to miss this! I'm home for Christmas and therefore lacking both my high-speed connection and my photoshop i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

I hope everyone has fun though! I expect to be dazzled by all the fantastic entries.

Assertn
Mon, 12-19-2005, 12:02 PM
You guys should come up with something more unique than custom titles all the time. Before we know it, all these people will have random cg-related titles all over the place. I think a more interesting prize would be the ability to have larger sigs or something =]

Terracosmo
Mon, 12-19-2005, 12:43 PM
People can start collecting custom titles! Gotta catch 'em all!

aznroyale
Mon, 12-19-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by: KitKat
Bah, I can't believe I'm going to miss this! I'm home for Christmas and therefore lacking both my high-speed connection and my photoshop

I hope everyone has fun though! I expect to be dazzled by all the fantastic entries.

aw that sucks you're gonna miss it

PSJ
Mon, 12-19-2005, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
You guys should come up with something more unique than custom titles all the time. Before we know it, all these people will have random cg-related titles all over the place. I think a more interesting prize would be the ability to have larger sigs or something =]

Okay then ,when you start up a competition you can choose the prize Assertn.

LaZie
Mon, 12-19-2005, 08:56 PM
We should get like a gift certificate or $10 for first place with a custom title and 2nd place just gets a 2nd place custom title. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

ChaosK
Mon, 12-19-2005, 09:12 PM
since i have horrible photoshop skills, i shouldnt do this, but since i have so much free time, im gonna.

Assertn
Mon, 12-19-2005, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by: PSJ

Ok. I'll make sure to pick one that's beyond my own powers to grant.

animeniac
Tue, 12-20-2005, 12:49 AM
Cool, I'm in i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

PSJ
Tue, 12-20-2005, 08:38 AM

Ok. I'll make sure to pick one that's beyond my own powers to grant.

Well i managed to get an okay from an Admin, i didn't say that it was for sure until i had talked to the admin.

aznroyale
Tue, 12-20-2005, 09:33 AM
how many works can we hand you PSJ?

PSJ
Tue, 12-20-2005, 11:57 AM
One work each. You can however edit the work you have done. The basic idea of the sig needs to be the same though.

Assertn
Tue, 12-20-2005, 12:07 PM
Well i managed to get an okay from an Admin, i didn't say that it was for sure until i had talked to the admin.

I know. I was just rubbing in the fact that you condoned anyone who wanted to start a competition and offer any sort of prize as they see fit.
I think we shouldn't get too carried away with custom titles though. It loses the appeal of having a custom title.

PSJ
Tue, 12-20-2005, 01:00 PM
I didn't. The only reason i said that was because you had to come in here and start whining, as far as i know only a couple of people have gotten a custom title this far. So to start talking about "there will be to many custom titles" now is unecessary it will just start discussions like this one in a thread where they shouldn't be.

If you want to join the comp then say so otherwise stop posting in here, this thread is solely for the the competition from this post on, if you feel the need to discuss something even related to this thread start your own thread.

Knives122
Tue, 12-20-2005, 01:08 PM
I forgot to say that I would give this contest a try.

aznroyale
Wed, 12-21-2005, 09:35 AM
im gonna try

aznroyale
Wed, 12-21-2005, 04:11 PM
is animation alright?

PSJ
Thu, 12-22-2005, 10:19 AM
Animation is alright for the competition, but keep it subtle, not too much.