PDA

View Full Version : Who does Luffy trusts most?

kljs
Fri, 12-16-2005, 03:29 PM
Since I have seen until episode 167, just wondering. Who does Luffy trusts most?

I would say Nami. Although I would also say he trusts everyone in his crew but he always trust his strawhat to Nami. or something like that.

6Zabuza9
Fri, 12-16-2005, 06:06 PM
i would say zoro.

Carnage
Fri, 12-16-2005, 06:08 PM
zoro. Hes been with him the longest. Nami's too cunning and greedy to trust at all.

Assertn
Fri, 12-16-2005, 06:30 PM
Are you implying that there's any crew members that luffy doesn't trust?
This thread makes no sense to me.

el_boss
Fri, 12-16-2005, 07:19 PM
I don't think Luffy is the kind of guy to have favourites, but regarding who he is closest to I would say Zoro. Not because they have been together the longest, but because they understand eachother. They both have a goal they want to achieve no matter what and they both understand the way of the warrior.

@Assertn: I really can't see were you got that assumption from, there's nothing here that implies that Luffy doesn't trust any of his mates.

Deblas
Fri, 12-16-2005, 08:13 PM
Of course he trusts them all, but in different ways(Nami-navigating, Sanji-cooking etc...). I do think he shares a special bond with Zoro and Nami that he doesn't share with the rest of the strawhats though.

And you just posted this exact same thread in the K-F forums. Exact same words and everything. =/

DarthEnderX
Sat, 12-17-2005, 01:14 AM
I'm with Asser on this one. Anyone Luffy accepts as a nakama he trusts 100%.

Which of course is a problem because some of them aren't 100% trustworthy.

Assertn
Sat, 12-17-2005, 04:46 AM
Yeah, I can't imagine luffy having any shred of doubt in any of his nakama
If anything, he's almost too trusting

Deblas
Sat, 12-17-2005, 07:30 AM
Which is kind of weird that unlike believing in Nami till the end. He attacked Zoro in Whiskey Peak without hesitation. So I guess he has his limits. Especially when it involves food. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

el_boss
Sat, 12-17-2005, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by: Deblas
Which is kind of weird that unlike believing in Nami till the end. He attacked Zoro in Whiskey Peak without hesitation. So I guess he has his limits. Especially when it involves food.
I think it was because he would never expect Zoro to do such a thing, so he went out of his mind with rage or something. As for Nami, she is a greedy bitch so he probably expects her to betray him once in a while.

kljs
Sun, 12-18-2005, 02:25 AM
Well, Nami might be greedy, but inside, she really cares for Luffy and the others. She just doesn't show it.

folf
Mon, 12-19-2005, 12:53 AM
Luffy trusts his nakama, but he doesn't trust that they will act in a manner he pleases, however he might prefer them to. When they don't act in a certain manner, he gets pissed(as do they when he acts in particular ways), but his trust in his nakama isn't shaken...

kljs
Mon, 12-19-2005, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by: folf
When they don't act in a certain manner, he gets pissed....

I don't think Luffy is that demanding though.

Deblas
Mon, 12-19-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by: kljs

Originally posted by: folf
When they don't act in a certain manner, he gets pissed....

I don't think Luffy is that demanding though.

He can be. When the time calls for it.

And what's with all this "I don't think Luffy is this", "I don't think Luffy is that". Luffy is the single most random and inexpectant guy in One Piece. We don't know what he'll do.

Aeon
Tue, 12-20-2005, 04:00 PM
If I had to choose the one crew member that he trust's the most i'd have to say it's Nami. Reason for that is that she's the only person I remember him giving his hat to. That and she's the only person able to fix his hat whenever it has a hole in it.

Jadugar
Tue, 12-20-2005, 04:13 PM
I beg to differ.

Every person in his crew is not just his friend but his Nakama. Which I think is a better word than friend and he will absoluty do anything in his power and beyond to help every single one of them.

One for all and all for one.

You can say Nami is his favorite maybe because he never had a older sister but he trusts all of them equally.

Assertn
Tue, 12-20-2005, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by: Jadugar
I beg to differ.

Every person in his crew is not just his friend but his Nakama. Which I think is a better word than friend and he will absoluty do anything in his power and beyond to help every single one of them.

One for all and all for one.

You can say Nami is his favorite maybe because he never had a older sister but he trusts all of them equally.

What? I never saw the slightest hint that Nami was Luffy's favorite

Deblas
Tue, 12-20-2005, 06:04 PM
I don't know about favorites but rather a special bond with Nami and Zoro.

Well I guess it's up to you to view the relationship of the strawhats but I really don't think he feels like she's an older sister(not to mention they are not that far off in age) to him actually. Frankly, I don't believe any of the strawhats feel like they are brothers and sisters. The feeling of being Nakama and the feeling of siblings are two different things IMO. I'd say they're more like College mates.

Jadugar
Wed, 12-21-2005, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

You need to learn how to read between the lines.

Carnage
Wed, 12-21-2005, 03:50 PM
..........Seriously, I think Luffy trusts all of his nakama evenly. I dont think you can have one "NAKAMA" worth more than the other, therwise then they just wouldnt be NAKAMA.

Assertn
Wed, 12-21-2005, 03:55 PM

You need to watch one piece minus the substance-induced hallucinations.

You might as well ask a mother which of her children she loves more.

Carnage
Wed, 12-21-2005, 04:00 PM
Of course its the younger onei/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

DarthEnderX
Wed, 12-21-2005, 04:29 PM
So...Chopper?

Jadugar
Wed, 12-21-2005, 04:31 PM
How old is Chopper?

Munsu
Wed, 12-21-2005, 04:55 PM

You need to watch one piece minus the substance-induced hallucinations.

You might as well ask a mother which of her children she loves more.

I asked, and my mom said it was me...

Jadugar
Wed, 12-21-2005, 05:14 PM
But are you the youngest one. I guess you will find out when you get your Xmas presents.

Carnage
Wed, 12-21-2005, 06:42 PM
Has anyone gotten the Xbox 360??? How is it? Do you think its worth the $500?

Anyway,I asked my mom and she said she hates both of us.i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Deblas
Wed, 12-21-2005, 07:10 PM
How old is Chopper?

el_boss
Wed, 12-21-2005, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by: God#2
Anyway,I asked my mom and she said she hates both of us.
She actually hates you so much that she counted you twice? That has got to hurt.

folf
Thu, 12-29-2005, 04:46 PM
luffy has let others hold his hat. He's let ussof hold it.

I don't think its about who Luffy trusts more, or how he trusts them all the same, its simply that he trusts them.
with this behind us, we can play who is the closest to him all we want, but he can count on each to surpass themselves and to eventually rise to meet the situation.