PDA

View Full Version : Is Bleach heading towards fillers like Naruto?

Jadugar
Fri, 12-16-2005, 02:07 PM
The current SS arc is coming to an end and the manga is not too far from the anime. So what is going to happen?Is Bleach heading towards fillers just like Naruto or is it going to continue? If so then how long till the anime catches up with the manga?

Are we ready for the Bleach fillers?

Mr Squiggles
Fri, 12-16-2005, 02:15 PM
I sure as hell hope not, but if they do make fillers (which is possible), then if there is anything even remotely holy in this world, they will not be as bad as the naruto ones.

FrogKing
Fri, 12-16-2005, 02:50 PM
Out of curiosity, where is the manga at? If each anime episode is approx 2 chapters, then when would we catch up at the give 1 episode/week rate?

ChaosK
Fri, 12-16-2005, 04:33 PM
i'd say the Soul society arch ends in SPOILER REMOVED

Yes, it's a spoiler to say when the arc ends, because that is also implying when the fights and subplot are ending as well. Unless the resolution of the story is obvious, don't let it happen again.

GotWoot Moderator

Kraco
Fri, 12-16-2005, 05:53 PM
I wouldn't mind if they hired good script writers and made fillers something similar to the FMP Fumoffu style...

However, since it's the same studio as with Naruto, I think it would be wise to also get mentally prepared for the worst.

Carnage
Fri, 12-16-2005, 06:09 PM
I hoped that they would just stall the show and put it off air for a year. But i know they're not going to do thati/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

darkmetal505
Fri, 12-16-2005, 06:19 PM
it doesnt matter if it does, ill still watch it.

Assertn
Fri, 12-16-2005, 06:19 PM
I can't wait until all the anti-Naruto Bleach worshippers have to put up with a year of don kanonji =]

el_boss
Fri, 12-16-2005, 07:30 PM
I would actually rather see sub-optimal Bleach than no Bleach at all. But I agree that it's quite ominous that studio pierrot are in charge of the project.

Get ready for the soup du jour of life with living baby hollows in it. Mmmmm, it's good tasting AND good for you.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 12-16-2005, 08:03 PM
I would actually rather see sub-optimal Bleach than no Bleach at all.

I used to think as you about Naruto. 3 months later I think that the fillers are now so bad it's actually SUCKING the quality out of the earlier episodes somehow.

Munsu
Fri, 12-16-2005, 08:11 PM
I preffer a hiatus over all other scenarios...

Don't fuck with the story...

anphorus
Fri, 12-16-2005, 08:53 PM
I'd prefer it if they took breaks occasionaly in anime, even if it was just the ocassional few weeks every so often, then we wouldn't have such godawful fillers in them.

The only anime I've ever seen with good filler material (by filler standards) is One Piece. But its different, as the characters spend a lot of time sailing from place to place, there is plenty of space to slip in the odd filler episode every now and again, when needed.

The problem with shows such as naruto (and I fear, Bleach) is that the arcs tend to be long, and to flow into each other, leaving little extra space for fillers along the way. This results in large lumps of filler wheneve they can squeeze them in (like Naruto right now). And (trying not to spoil anything here) the anime seems to be catching up with the manga, and after this arc ends seems to be the only place for the fillers to go that I can see.

kooshi
Fri, 12-16-2005, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by: FrogKing
Out of curiosity, where is the manga at? If each anime episode is approx 2 chapters, then when would we catch up at the give 1 episode/week rate?

Lately, each anime episode is approximately 3-4 chapters.

Originally posted by: Kraco
I wouldn't mind if they hired good script writers and made fillers something similar to the FMP Fumoffu style...

However, since it's the same studio as with Naruto, I think it would be wise to also get mentally prepared for the worst.

If I remember correctly, Fumoffu was in the novels.

Assertn
Fri, 12-16-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by: anphorus
I'd prefer it if they took breaks occasionaly in anime, even if it was just the ocassional few weeks every so often, then we wouldn't have such godawful fillers in them.

The only anime I've ever seen with good filler material (by filler standards) is One Piece. But its different, as the characters spend a lot of time sailing from place to place, there is plenty of space to slip in the odd filler episode every now and again, when needed.

The problem with shows such as naruto (and I fear, Bleach) is that the arcs tend to be long, and to flow into each other, leaving little extra space for fillers along the way. This results in large lumps of filler wheneve they can squeeze them in (like Naruto right now). And (trying not to spoil anything here) the anime seems to be catching up with the manga, and after this arc ends seems to be the only place for the fillers to go that I can see.

The only tolerable filler from OP was the dragon filler. And even that was painful compared to the real storyline (even before I ever found out it was a filler saga, i resented it).

aznimperialx
Sat, 12-17-2005, 12:19 AM
Reason why i never will watch Naruto is because of the fillers and if bleach does get the fillers....

masamuneehs
Sat, 12-17-2005, 01:15 AM
If they're smart, they'll do fillers.
At least, until people actually start seriously avoiding fillers.

It is too bad though, I love that this show has stepped up to fill the role of Naruto for alot of anime fans with is superior plot and intense character interactions. Fillers, if they are as poorly done as Naruto fillers, will be a blight on this show.

mage
Sat, 12-17-2005, 02:07 AM
i really hope they will just stop airing the show for a few months. they could even show re-runs or something.

nests
Sat, 12-17-2005, 02:12 AM
Fillers or stoping for a while I dont care as long as they keep doing it.

Kraco
Sat, 12-17-2005, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by: kooshi
If I remember correctly, Fumoffu was in the novels.

Yeah, that's true, as far as I know. That's why I only said similar to the style of Fumoffu (and they would need good writers for the manuscripts). Like anphorus said, it might not be easy to even make sensible fillers that would fit the main story with a series like Bleach. Even though Fumoffu was based on novels, that series migth have as well been fillers, because it didn't really affect the main plot of FMP at all. But it might be foolish to wish for fillers of such quality, in the end.

ES
Sat, 12-17-2005, 08:57 AM
Hehehe...a quote from DB's sub of Bleach of episode 58...

"I hear Bleach is going on a 22 Episode filler-arch Like Naruto."

Funny yet scary.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 12-17-2005, 01:55 PM
Really makes you wish they'd go in seasons like we do here. Even if they don't like showing reruns, they could split the year with another anime. Like 6 months of new Naruto, then 6 months of new Bleach in the same timeslot.

Man, that would be sweet. Never have to see another filler.

ChibiYali
Mon, 12-19-2005, 05:17 AM
I wouldn't mind an "every other week" thing either....
It will still keep us up to date, and we won't catch up on the manga all that much anymore i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

The Heretic Azazel
Mon, 12-19-2005, 10:07 AM
I don't see how this can be avoided, this or no show at all for a while. It's too close to the manga storyline, I mean, they cram 3-4 chapters in a show, it's bound to happen, and happen soon.

el_boss
Mon, 12-19-2005, 10:38 AM
There's one way they could avoid fillers, by entirely canceling the show. That would show you all i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif... man that would really suck though. It would be almost as bad as Berserk ending where it did.

Cabewse
Mon, 12-19-2005, 10:52 AM
Well, at least I still have Blood+ if Bleach goes into fillers. (I do so like Blood+ i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif I wish it was more popular.)

DarthEnderX
Mon, 12-19-2005, 02:17 PM
Every other week with another anime would be awsome too.

Fudgeman
Tue, 12-20-2005, 05:39 PM
nah, its to suspenseful waiting for every other week, i like darthenders idea

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 12-21-2005, 11:43 AM
Ha Ha I knew this was going to happen I knew it. Ha! Bleach is going down the same dark path of naruto. Indication of naruto fillers does not give me any sense of hope for the upcomming bleach ones. Prepare yourselves for a new level of craptacularness like none the world has seen before. Hell maybe filler naruto and filler ichigo will meet up in a cross over episode. All I can say now is that you better find a new anime series to jump shit to because the warm light of anime goodness that blech once provided is about to go out and it's going to be a coldests of winters for us loyal anime fans.

FrogKing
Wed, 12-21-2005, 12:00 PM
Did the preview to the 1 hour special on jan 10th look like a filler episode? I haven't read the manga and am curious.

Jadugar
Wed, 12-21-2005, 12:04 PM
Its not a filler.

hitokirigirl
Wed, 12-21-2005, 12:37 PM
I do think Bleach will head to fillers, and you know why ? Coz Naruto did the same shit around eps 70/75 (end of Shukaku and Kyuubi fight)......

Just kidding, but seriously, I don't see anything that could grow interesting so quickly after SS arc

darkmetal505
Wed, 12-21-2005, 12:41 PM
If Bleach keeps going, itll catch up to the manga. They want the manga ahead. Because Bleach is so popular and because its by Studio Pierrot, its inevitable that it will go into fillers.

Fudgeman
Wed, 12-21-2005, 01:34 PM
But i just thought of something, remember the first.....20 or so episodes? they were good, not as good as full metal panic: fumofu, but nonetheless they were good individual episodes. as long as bleach stays along that idea for fillers, it should be good. the main problem with naruto is they wont do anythign story related, if in bleach they decide to give ichigo a 20 episode story of rescueing whatsherface(the wrestler girl with the blueish black hair) and she learns ichigo and co. are spirit powered super people, that would change the story a little, but not ruin it

Turkish-S
Wed, 12-21-2005, 01:40 PM
i wouldn't mind a training arc.. like the bankai's we've already seen.. i don't mean training like naruto is training atm. Or like a vice captain tournament would be nice..flashback for kenpachi becomming a captain and seeing who he killed to become captain..flashback for some vice captains and how they achieved bankai..

Fudgeman
Wed, 12-21-2005, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by: Turkish-S
flashback for kenpachi becomming a captain and seeing who he killed to become captain
ooooo that would be nice

Kensee
Wed, 12-21-2005, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by: Fudgeman

Originally posted by: Turkish-S
flashback for kenpachi becomming a captain and seeing who he killed to become captain
ooooo that would be nice

Would be but then if they do a horrible job its gonna suck and Kenpachi doesn't need that!

He is like kakashi .. keep him out of fillers and just let him kick arse when he appears. (Even though Kakashi just appeared in a filler -_-).

Edit: Woot I am ANBU titled! RAWRRRRRR!

Fudgeman
Wed, 12-21-2005, 03:16 PM
[quote]
Originally posted by: Kensee
He is like kakashi .. keep him out of fillers and just let him kick arse when he appears. (Even though Kakashi just appeared in a filler -_-).[quote]

well technically kakashi didnt just apear in a filler http://forums.gotwoot.net/mess...AR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=17027&STARTPAGE=3 &FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear)

masamuneehs
Wed, 12-21-2005, 04:29 PM
... January 10th is the next episode of Bleach... seems to indicate that they want to add on a couple more episodes from the manga before making the move to fillers. darkmetal is right, studio pierrot is all about the $$$ and they will milk this extremely popular show for all its worth, even if they have to ride it straight into the ground.

It would be a sin for them to cancel it (although, I thought ending the Berserk anime at the Eclipse was a good move. I just didn't like how they had the 1st episode be afterwards. I mean, it follows the layout of the manga, but its a real stick in the eye when you suddenly never get back to the point the 1st episode friggin started at!) and stupid business-wise.

patience is a virture. and i'm running low...

Turkish-S
Sun, 01-01-2006, 01:10 PM
i think there will be at least 1 filler episode about how Kuukaku and gate guy beated the other gate guy's..

Sapphire
Sun, 01-01-2006, 03:38 PM
Is bleach going to end soon or is it going to be a long series like Naruto?

Then you wouldn't need to worry about fillers..

SamuraiX-
Sun, 01-01-2006, 03:46 PM
I have a feeling Bleach has the great potential to reach around 300 episodes, if the producer of the Manga really wanted it to. ^_^

It could also end at around 100 episodes, like Yu Yu Hakusho's 112 episodes. I'm guessing that the series will be at least the same length of Naruto.

ImitationSanen
Mon, 01-09-2006, 05:44 AM
You know, I actually see some hope for the bleach fillers. They have tons of characters who have been developed enough that we actually care about what their pasts were like and how they came to be in soul society/ the Gotei 13. Now even if you spent 3-4 episodes per character you would have years worth of filler content you could randomly use as buffer to keep from catching the Manga. Naruto had this opportunity but horribly fucked it up in order to keep their title character in every single episode. Who wouldnt want to see Goofy ass Gai-Sensi's Path to Taijutsu greatness? Before we all start preaching the fire and brimstone of bleach fillers, lets just have faith that company who controls the writer pool will make them develop the story lines of the characters we have, not introduce tragically crappy characters who last 4 episodes. I mean ffs (to clarify that means for fucks sake for those who asked) fillers dont need to always follow the story flow of:

5 minutes of funny
2 minutes "Z0mg waffles batman! a Villan_01 has appeared and stolen all of Tsunade-kuns sexy panties!
1 minute of Dattebayo!
3 weeks of chasing villian
2 minutes of "Omg Uzu ma Ki Naruto Rendan! or the ever popular Rasengan ftw! (for the win...dont you people play WoW?).

This is Naruto example of a filler arc. I just dont understand why they dont take the time to develop the stories behind the wealth of characters that they have. Heck even a filler arc that lead up to the first episode would be nice. Instead of constantly forcing time to move forward in a story, its sometimes better to look into the past. (Like they did when showing Sasukes youth and how apparently someone took a dump in itachis cheerios and he slaughtered his clan).

Just a thought and a prayer that maybe someone in Studio Pierrot will listen to my wishes and make the bleach fillers worth watching. Its possible, and not overly difficult they just have to think quality.

**edit** Ive been reading your forums for a while, decided to join today. You guys seem like a bunch of people who share my love for anime. So hi~~ Anyway I see alot of you have those wonderful signature banners and avatars, and I was wondering how you made them or alternatively, if someone here makes them or could help me in making one ? I mean I cant ever hope to reach the pinnacle of got woot coolness without a sig banner and avatar. Please Pm me if you know anything!

KoKo37
Mon, 01-09-2006, 06:36 AM
well I kinda agree with you, if they made decent fillers that go along with the story it would be good however what if the manga covers those points later on and then the anime has to take a different route on the story or something. Anyways personly id rather just take a year off with no fillers, but hopfully they'll come up with some decent writers and animators unlike Narutos filler team i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif.

oh and welcome to the forums btw i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif, and to anwser your question how to make sigs and avatars, you need Photoshop, some creativity, some renders and some skills XD. But since photoshop is expensive and it takes a lot of practice to get good at it, you can just ask someone to make a sig for you at this thread (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=22&threadid=7884&STARTPAGE=1 &FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear), just tell post what kind of sig you want and try to give a render. And if you want a matching avatar, just ask for a cropped image of the sig for your avatar.

/\/0t3 : if you dont know, Renders are the pictures in signatures, you can find a bunch of renders here (http://www.gamerenders.com/forum/index.php?showforum=6), or if you cant find any ones you like there, you can just get a picture of something and hope someone will cut it for you, you can also try out photo shop for 30 days here (http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/tryout.html). Also if you want to make your own sig, id suggest looking at some tutorials at this site and that render site, and if you do decide to buy Photoshop, id suggest purchasing the "CS" verion, the CS2 verion isn't to much better and you save a bit of money.

ImitationSanen
Mon, 01-09-2006, 07:11 AM
Thanks a ton for you help. I appreciate it, im on my way to gotwoot leetness~

kenren
Mon, 01-09-2006, 10:14 AM
i would like to see how hitsugaya became a captain..heh

ChaosK
Mon, 01-09-2006, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by: ImitationSanen

2 minutes "Z0mg waffles batman! a Villan_01 has appeared and stolen all of Tsunade-kuns sexy panties!

you know, this part isnt bad....

SamuraiX-
Mon, 01-09-2006, 08:00 PM
Yeah, I don't know why so many people are looking down on Bleach fillers. I think they would be great, compared to Naruto fillers. The perfect place to put fillers in for Bleach would probably be around right now, since the SS arc just ended and all. Naruto REALLY screwed up with where they began putting fillers (right in the middle of the "Getting Sasuke Back" arc).

Hey, with Bleach, as long as cute, little Rukia and her funny ROFLMAO drawings are in the fillers, then I'm good. ^_^

darkmetal505
Mon, 01-09-2006, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by: SamuraiX-
Yeah, I don't know why so many people are looking down on Bleach fillers. I think they would be great, compared to Naruto fillers. The perfect place to put fillers in for Bleach would probably be around right now, since the SS arc just ended and all. Naruto REALLY screwed up with where they began putting fillers (right in the middle of the "Getting Sasuke Back" arc).

Hey, with Bleach, as long as cute, little Rukia and her funny ROFLMAO drawings are in the fillers, then I'm good. ^_^

thats what everyone said when naruto fillers started, its made by the same studio anyway. You think they would be biased?

Kraco
Mon, 01-09-2006, 08:43 PM
I still say FMP:Fumoffu style fillers could work for a limited period of time, like a couple of months. Of course Fumoffu did have real source material, but there's no rule Pierrot must hire the old Naruto monkeys to manufacture the filler scripts.