PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 288 Raw

nests
Thu, 12-15-2005, 10:43 AM
Scanlation
Link 1 (http://rapidshare.de/files/9295666/288_holmes221.rar.html)
Link 2 (http://www6.rapidupload.com/d.php?file=dl&filepath=10437)

ramuva
Thu, 12-15-2005, 10:50 AM
more more i/expressions/devil.gif

mage
Thu, 12-15-2005, 10:54 AM
maybe we'll get to see an eye in the next chapter! i/expressions/rolleye.gif

Terracosmo
Thu, 12-15-2005, 10:56 AM
omg smiling Sai! spoilorz!!!

*wants to see more of the masked guy*

anphorus
Thu, 12-15-2005, 03:01 PM
It seems that Sai and Naruto have joined forces against Yamato! Is yamato a spy against konoha, or a traitor? Or parhaps he has been doing "something" to sakura and the other two are in a jelous rage? Maybe he stole all of the ramen and ink supplies in the camp? The suspense is killing me

mage
Thu, 12-15-2005, 03:27 PM
i'd say they're training.

nests
Thu, 12-15-2005, 05:29 PM
I just though of something!
I bet Yamato gets discover by this guy when he notices that the doesnt have the ring

Oh yeah I thinkg they are trianing maybe Yamato want to see if the two can work togheter

nests
Fri, 12-16-2005, 10:05 AM
Cam scan VERY low quality (http://dl.mangahelpers.com/raws/Naruto_288_lq_raw.zip)
JoJo scan medium...ish quality (http://dl.mangahelpers.com/raws/Naruto_288_mq_raw.zip)

Yezsyr
Fri, 12-16-2005, 12:59 PM
First impressions.

We get to see chin, lips and nose??? OH SNAP!!!

Combat was interesting, though Naruto again has shown nothing overly spectacular. He seems to like Rasengan a lot... and Kage Bunshin.... and Henge.... and thats it. Can we see some new techniques?!? But any way... did sigh catch Yamato. And WTF is up with demon Yamatos face?

Assertn
Fri, 12-16-2005, 01:54 PM
I just want to see the spy....

nests
Fri, 12-16-2005, 05:21 PM
Translation by HisshouBuraiKen

Page 1:
Title: Incomprehensible Feelings
Sidebar: The invincible team of Assistant and Pet. You only see us smile like this when the boss is away!

Page 2:
Text: The Akatsuki spy...a man who lives his life just out of Orochimaru's sight.

Yamato: All right, it's time for the real thing. Let's make sure we're all clear on the plan.

Page 3:
Yamato: Our objective is to caputre the target
without causing him any lethal injuries.
Even if the situation turns into a fight.

If we lose him, we lose extremely valuable information.
This will be much more difficult than simply killing him.

Since this is such a delicate mission, I'll go in first, and you three will be my backup.

The plan is simple:
First, I'll attemplt to restrain the target.
If I cant, it will immediately become a battle situation.
(Guessing) You three will them come in and support me
when I give the signal.

Page 4:
Yamato:
If it becomes a fight, we'll attack in pairs.
One person is the main fighter, and their partner provides backup for all their moves.
The pairs will be...
Naruto and Sai,
And myself and Sakura.

Page 5:
Sakura: But...
Yamato: You're the only medical ninja. We can't afford to let you get injured, so I'm keeping you with me.
Sai: No arguments, right?

Naruto: Captain Yamato! Why do I have to-

Page 6:
Yamato: Have to what?

Now, I don't normally do this, but
based on what I've seen so far and what the mission requires,
we're going to do some teamwork practice for half a day tomorrow.

I don't know anything about you beyond what's in your files,
so I need to see how you fight,
what kind of battle skills you have, and
the type of jutsu you use.

You'll need to observe me closely as well.
This might seem overly prudent to you, but it's how I do things, and you're going to have to cooperate.

Page 7:
Yamato: Get serious!

Page 8:
[roots crashing through ground]

Page 9:
[sfx: naruto's finger tapping the wood]
Naruto: Uoooooooooooora!

Page 10:
Yamato: Ugh!
Sai: Ninpou - Choujuu Gika (Ninja Art: Great Beast Mimic)
Naruto: You're mine!

Page 11:
Naruto: Why's it going after me, too?
Yamato-dummy headband: Wrong!

Naruto: Quick, untie me!
Sai: He's over there...
Naruto: Goddamnit, Sai!!!!
UNTIE ME!

Page 12:
Yamato: Good job, Sai, you got me.
That's it for our exercise, then.

Sai: What?
Naruto: You ever hear of the word, "ally"?

Page 13:
Sai: Of course I have. What about it?
Scroll: ALLY

Sakura: H-hey, Naruto...
Sai: Please don't blame others for your own weakness.

Page 14:
Sai: If you hadn't let the Captain's taunting get to you, I could have hidden myself without being seen. But instead, you used the Kage Bunshin that had transformed into me to use your big jutsu, which gave everything away.

Trying to back up someone who's lost his cool isn't an ideal situation.
I based my actions on what I felt was the best way to accomplish the mission.

Naruto: I refuse to accept you...as a team member, or an ally...

Page 15:
Yamato: I give up...

Sai: What would Sasuke-kun have done, then?
Given up his chance and helped you out, right?
Because he was your friend, and teammate?

Sakura: Uh oh...there's no way Naruto's going to take any more of this...

Sai: He betrayed the village and injured you, yet you still call him a friend?

Page 16:
Naruto: I'll do anything to save that friend.

Even work with you.

Sakura: Naruto...

Page 17:
Sai: Why would you go so far for someone like that...?

Sakura: Naruto...well...he thinks of Sasuke as a brother...

You have an older brother too...you should be able to understand how he feels...

Sai: No, I really...
That was just us talking about painting titles.
I don't have any emotions at all.

Side:
"I'd do anything...", says Naruto. Sai, the exact opposite of Naruto's personailty, forbids himself to feel anything.
What will become of the team, and the mission?

Assertn
Fri, 12-16-2005, 06:24 PM
I like sai's explanation of teamwork, definitely makes me respect this chapter more than just the raw alone.
At least now they're going more in-depth with team strategies. They've kinda been slacking with that ever since the wave country arc.

kAi
Fri, 12-16-2005, 09:32 PM
I'm really getting sick of Naruto's actions, he always is the fuck up, although these are training situations it would be nice to see him do something right for a change, I just hope he can actually do something instead of fucking everything up.

Yeah, it might be better that he fucks up when it's not in a dangerous situation, then he might be all badass when he gets to the other guy, but still it's just that we haven't seen anything good from him since he's come back from his training with Jiraiya which really pisses me off. Naruto is only Chuunin level at the moment, he's too stupid and weak for Jounin.

Lefty
Fri, 12-16-2005, 09:49 PM
Naruto is one of those characters that always come through in the end. But yeah he is being a little bit of a pain the ass.

Divinity
Fri, 12-16-2005, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by: kAi
Naruto is only Chuunin level at the moment,

When did he become a Chuunin? If I remember, everyone else became one except for Naruto who's been away.

kAi
Fri, 12-16-2005, 10:15 PM
I didn't mean he was an actual Chuunin, but that's where his skill is.

nests
Sat, 12-17-2005, 01:20 AM
Scanlation
Link 1 (http://rapidshare.de/files/9295666/288_holmes221.rar.html)
Link 2 (http://www6.rapidupload.com/d.php?file=dl&filepath=10437)

mage
Sat, 12-17-2005, 02:18 AM
good chapter for once.

Terracosmo
Sat, 12-17-2005, 06:02 AM
...and Naruto retains his status as most annoying main character ever.

Yorma
Sat, 12-17-2005, 06:33 AM
Naruto sucks arse :C even Sai owns better

KoKo37
Sat, 12-17-2005, 08:06 AM
hmm just read the chapter, it was okay but personly kishi is just taking to long to get to the action, like i understand that it needs to take breaks and put in some chapters in just explaining stuff but the last actual fight was in chapter 277-278 ( excluding the sai vs naruto part though that was super short -.- ) and 10 chapters imo is too long. Anyways besides that it was still entertaining and i think their gonna finnaly introduce the spy in the next chapter and hopfully will be Kabuto if it is, thats going to be so pwnage XD.

Konohamaru
Sat, 12-17-2005, 09:58 AM
Well I rather have a slow break. We just came from a god knows how long fight with Sasori. Reading and seeing how the new characters are like interests me more than a fight right now. Hope we get to see that spy real soon. If it's Kubuto then dang! But I doubt it since he should be able to put up more of a fight in the times we have seen him in action.

anphorus
Sat, 12-17-2005, 10:46 AM
I was hpoing that naruto would change more after his 2.5 years training. At first we saw him using his kage bushin more intelligentlly and stuff.... but now he's just back the way he was. The only way he seems to have changed is that he now notices that the opposite sex exists.

Pre TJ, naruto really wasn't interested in women. At all, and said so to jiraya several times. Now he's ready for peeking in on the girls hot springs. At least we know Jiraya taught him something. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Raven
Sat, 12-17-2005, 11:57 AM
Both of the scanslation links seem to be overloaded at the moment. Just thought I'd let you know. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

nests
Sat, 12-17-2005, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn
Both of the scanslation links seem to be overloaded at the moment. Just thought I'd let you know.

Here is another one for you
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DX2YKG8I

nests
Sun, 12-18-2005, 11:37 PM
I was relooking at the chapter and I verly noticed that that is quite a small Rasengan Naruto has there do you guys think he can controll the size of it now or that its just inconple?
http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/9921/jojo0084td.jpg

Phoenix20578
Sun, 12-18-2005, 11:42 PM
It looks more like he can control the size of it.

Assassin
Mon, 12-19-2005, 12:44 AM
it would be intresting if he can. It would make a nice surprise attack.

as for kabuto being the spy, its not likely. at the begining of the chapter it says something like "the man who lives his life just out of orochimaru's sight".

Still i'd prefer it if it were kabuto. I dont see the team catching some random spy and torturing the info outta him. Its more likely that it'll be kabuto, he'll end up escaping, but he'll tell him something rite before he leaves.

mage
Mon, 12-19-2005, 02:46 AM
i don't think it's that the rasengen is smaller, it just looks like he just started making it in that picture.

Raven
Mon, 12-19-2005, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the extra link, Nests. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Seems like all Naruto learnt over the time jump was how to perve on women and be even more loud and annoying. I'm looking forward to one day when he will be actually strong in a fight without fluking it.

The Heretic Azazel
Mon, 12-19-2005, 09:58 AM
It's totally smaller. But why is he making it in Sai's hand? Am I missing something?

nests
Mon, 12-19-2005, 11:11 AM
Did you read the chapter? I sujest you do

Naruto_RNG
Mon, 12-19-2005, 01:18 PM
i hate this chapter, 1st sasuke and now sai. wut the hell. he should of bring out kyuubi and put sai on the run for his life. 3 years and he is still the same. falls for traps.

The Heretic Azazel
Mon, 12-19-2005, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by: nests

I did read the chapter but it looks pretty set up for 2 people who don't know each other to work together.

Assertn
Mon, 12-19-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel

I did read the chapter but it looks pretty set up for 2 people who don't know each other to work together.

Did you catch the part where Sai said "used a kage bunshin henged as me to distract the captain while I hid myself"?

Assertn
Mon, 12-19-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel

Did you catch the part where Sai said "used a kage bunshin henged as me to distract the captain while I hid myself"?
Or maybe you just saw the raw, where you see the sai that was caught in Yamato's vine trap turn into Naruto?

ChaosK
Sun, 12-25-2005, 06:05 PM
hmmm, naruto can control the size by amount of chakra put into it. (at least thats what happens in the video game)

Sapphire
Sat, 12-31-2005, 02:17 PM
Let me guess... at the end of all this Naruto beats Sai with his Kyuubi at near death, and inspires Sai to change his ways and suddenly get feelings or something-something..