PDA

View Full Version : King Kong

Zhan
Thu, 12-15-2005, 05:43 AM
Man this movie was so awesome. Loved every bit of it. Although the first hour or something was just filler, the second (actual) part of it fitted in perfectly with it. Absolutely awesome film. Jackson has done himself proud again. Now we know that Lord of the Rings wasn't just pure fluke.

nests
Thu, 12-15-2005, 10:13 AM
I KNEW IT! to bad I have to wait until saturday to see it

Honoko
Thu, 12-15-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by: Zhan
Now we know that Lord of the Rings wasn't just pure fluke.
LotR was 3 films. If it was a fluke, the movies would've gone to shit after the first movie.

Carnage
Thu, 12-15-2005, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by: Honoko

Originally posted by: Zhan
Now we know that Lord of the Rings wasn't just pure fluke.
LotR was 3 films. If it was a fluke, the movies would've gone to shit after the first movie.

Why?

Krbadass
Thu, 12-15-2005, 09:00 PM
How can you not get that statement?

Carnage
Thu, 12-15-2005, 09:18 PM
Well, no shit sequals usually suck. But for LOTR, the books were already made. So there was no reason for Jackson to screw things up as long as he stuck with the original script.

XanBcoo
Thu, 12-15-2005, 10:46 PM
Even if he stuck with his script, he could have made a terrible adaptation of the books, and they could have sucked regardless of the source material. Some think the movies were crap anyway - I don't; even though he added so much stuff that was never in the books at all i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

dark maginn
Fri, 12-16-2005, 07:09 AM
im going to see kingkong looks awsome

Terracosmo
Fri, 12-16-2005, 11:56 AM
I saw this movie yesterday. My verdict is: VERY well done, but a bit too long. It could easily have been shortened a bit in my opinion. For some reason I never got to fully sympathize with the ape as he died and all that. Maybe because I don't like animals. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif Also I felt like a lot of the deaths (who were quite gruesome for an adventure movie, by the way) felt unnecessary and just thrown in there for the hell of it...

This is one of those movies that you only watch once.

nests
Sun, 12-18-2005, 03:24 AM
Just saw it, man was it awesome defently one of my favorite movie this year. Peter Jackson has become one of my favorite directors (I knew his work before LOTR). I Just hope he makes The Hobit

Carnage
Sun, 12-18-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by: nests
Just saw it, man was it awesome defently one of my favorite movie this year. Peter Jackson has become one of my favorite directors (I knew his work before LOTR). I Just hope he makes The Hobit

Nah, i dont think he should make the hobbit. It'll be like watching teh past after the whole story ended, and it'll just make you feel sad to know that LOTR is finished.

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 12-18-2005, 04:40 PM
This movie looks like pee and tastes like crap

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 12-22-2005, 12:29 PM
Peter Jackson has officially supplanted George Lucus. With the Lord of the Rings he succeeded where lucas had failed so miserably in bringing an epic trilogy to life. With King Kong Mr. Jackson has successfully supplanted himself as the next millienium's spielberg. The movie just works on so many different levels that I don't even mind the length. Any skeptical bastards need to go see it I promise that every cent that you pay will be well worth it. Probably one of the few movies where you actually get your moneny's worth. Some of the FX and actions scenes were a bit over the top but then again that's what I like and in this day and age where it's so easy to produce big CGI FX I really is an acomplishment to actually make them amazing as they are in Kong. Oh also I recommend that your rent the game as well. Made by Michael Ancel of Raymond and beyond good and evil fame. It's really good fun game worth your time playing.

masamuneehs
Thu, 12-22-2005, 02:04 PM
This movie was too long. It was nice and flashy and loud in the theatres, but it really got sorta old after the first hour and a half. (although, the final scene is still pretty amazing).

The acting was pretty good overall, but I was disappointed with Jack Black. Yes, I know I will be disagreed with.

Honestly, this movie was well-done, but that's not saying much at all. The original King Kong was well-done too (for its time). All they really did was slap on some extra drama and lots of special FX for this redo. I don't feel like people who remake movies should get much credit at all. Seriously, you're trying to recreate a friggin classic, ITS ALREADY A GREAT MOVIE JUST DON'T MESS IT UP! It's like a student in art school becoming famous for producing a great emulation of The Mona Lisa. Yes, congrats on copying it, now if you really want something go and produce some works of your own!

I'm not insulting all directors/producers who remake a film. Sometimes there's alot of thought put into it about how to improve upon the flaws, how to freshen it up for a different audience etc etc. I'm just saying its not worth going gaga over Jackson's work on Kong. Hell, with that kind of budget I think I'd have made a movie that was on this one's level.

kooshi
Thu, 12-22-2005, 05:43 PM
Great movie, would've been even better if it was a tad shorter. 3 hour movies always kill me, making me dislike it a bit, even if it's one of the best.

AngelEyez
Fri, 12-23-2005, 03:31 PM
Saw this movie a couple of days ago and I really enjoyed it. Was a tad longer than what I thought it was going to be, but I managed to sit through it all and ended up with a rather numb bum in the end lol i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Psyke
Sun, 12-25-2005, 10:34 AM
One of the greatest mystery of all time: How the heck did that boat manage to transport Kong back to New York. And yeah, it was a great movie.

nests
Sun, 12-25-2005, 11:23 AM
I read that there will be a deleted scene added to show him on the boat
Peter jackson wanted to make sure that scale wise he would fit so they did it.

ToFuGuY
Wed, 12-28-2005, 02:10 AM
i went on christmas day to see it..
wasnt bad.. hated the insect part! omg disgusting shit!

the one thing i disliked was that it was so fuking long!
maybe the original was like that but iono! it was way too long IMO

Psyke
Wed, 12-28-2005, 03:29 AM
The pacing of the movie was good IMO. The first part had to be a little slow due to the building up of the chracters, particularly Anne Darrow. 3 hours isn't too long for a good movie. Harry Potter on the other hand.......

dantheman62
Mon, 01-30-2006, 02:20 PM
bottom line people, is it worth my money to go see? I need an opinion

Psyke
Mon, 01-30-2006, 10:21 PM
Yes, definately go watch it.