PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 164 Discussion

Necromas
Thu, 12-15-2005, 12:13 AM
164 sub by DB (http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/)

Discuss

P.S. I came to check if it was out yet like 10 seconds ago, saw it wasnt, was about to go to bed, but refreshed, and BAM! it was there.

Cal_kashi
Thu, 12-15-2005, 01:33 AM
should i take the time to DL this now and watch it tonight or after fianls? (20th) ? i just ... i just dont know if it will be worth it.

Death13a
Thu, 12-15-2005, 02:00 AM
At moment downloading but from raw it actualy worth to download the episode.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 12-15-2005, 03:00 AM
Haha, Naruto playing detective. Talk about bad ideas.

But at least he's gonna die next episode!

Assassin
Thu, 12-15-2005, 03:22 AM
someone give me a quick summary of the ep. Like, an actual summary, not some smart ass parody you think is funny.

Terracosmo
Thu, 12-15-2005, 03:29 AM
LMAO "Next time, Naruto's death (Finally! After 74 episodes!)"

Man, those lame ninja assassins can't even kill a skinny nobody with glasses. And the frogs are so stupid.

Kakashi showing up wasn't much of a surprise.

The best part of this filler is that Sagi is voiced by Tomokazu "YZAK i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif" Seki

Mgslee
Thu, 12-15-2005, 03:37 AM
Its kinda odd... I'm actually enjoying this filler right now.

Kakashi showing up wasnt much of a surprise, but what he said kinda contradicts everything hes taught... but again thats likely just build up to future episodes.
Also its fairly certain that the twin brother died and the sister is the current feudal lord (Or both alive?)

Quick Summary:
Naruto and gang are told their mission is over and to head home. Things are suspicious and Naruto plays detective on his own. In his search he finds a back door to the feudal lords home... does some peeping and then gets caught (Frog sets off trap / alarm). Naruto then gets attacked by the Ghost only to find out that its Sagi. Sagi then sentences Naruto to death for finding out

Neji and Ten-Ten discover previous Feudal-Lord was poisoned and that Naruto is sentenced to death. They are asked to leave the country but they go off to save Naruto with Kakashi showing up there and ending the ep.

NeoBear
Thu, 12-15-2005, 03:58 AM

Fuck this shit i quit

KoKo37
Thu, 12-15-2005, 05:29 AM
well i never watched the two other ghost ones, got to bad of reviews XD, though i watched this one and it was a pretty good espisode although lots of stuff didn't make sense, like why he still had those retarded frogs with him, why that many ninjas couldn't kill that glasses guy and couldn't even see the blood or the snorkle in the water -.-, and how they were gliding for about 7 seconds near the end XD, although not a great espisode still very good filler wise

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
lols that made me laugh too, maybe if were lucky he will die then the show will take the rest of the season off then explain he only got a concussion or something then go to kakashis gaiden -.-, but of course that wont happen and there be a huge plot hole and naruto will kill everybody with farts.

poopdeville
Thu, 12-15-2005, 05:39 AM

I noticed that but I didn't get it. Naruto and Jiraiya had just found Tsunade in episode 90.

Kraco
Thu, 12-15-2005, 05:47 AM
Somehow I don't see Naruto being killed by some dumbass backcountry dudes. The name of the next episode doesn't do much in the way of building excitement with these settings. After all, their best ninja soldiers weren't even able to deal with some lowly scribe, or whatever the nobody with glasses was. Even if Naruto let himself be detained because he didn't want to fight the guards, I doubt he lets them carry on with the execution, and I don't really see they could do anything to stop Naruto without real ninjas of their own.

It seems to me like Kakashi intends to reveal what's really going on by observing for a while.

Actually I think this arc is looking quite tolerable. Probably the best of these fillers so far. The frogs had the worst lines ever (maybe they ran out of adult script writing monkeys), but if you forget them, it's not entirely bad at all.

ChibiYali
Thu, 12-15-2005, 06:05 AM
maybe it's like.. a fake kakashi!!! *gasps*

el_boss
Thu, 12-15-2005, 06:28 AM
It was so obvious that Kakashi was going to show up in this ep (judging from the title). It fun none the less to see him. I tought that the retarded frog was actually funny, but it was a little silly that the frogs solved the mystery that three ninjas couldn't.

Think how cool it would be if Naruto was about to be executed and the Kyubi takes over and kills all of the people in the village. Or if Naruto actually dies and has to fight his way back from the underworld.

@Mgslee: There weren't any twin brothers. The brother and sister were twins.

Inazuma
Thu, 12-15-2005, 06:43 AM
The real question now is : How many death threats have Kishimoto received ?

Kraco
Thu, 12-15-2005, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by: ChibiYali

I came to the conclusion that would be too dumb even for a filler...

KoKo37
Thu, 12-15-2005, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by: el_boss
Think how cool it would be if Naruto was about to be executed and the Kyubi takes over and kills all of the people in the village. Or if Naruto actually dies and has to fight his way back from the underworld.
you know that would be pretty cool XD, although i highly doubght they'll any kill people it would be pretty cool to see some actual action with the Kyubi, with the current plot they got going for this arc it could turn out very well, i jus hope they dont blow it by going kiddy or putting massive amounts of plot holes -.-

Originally posted by: Inazuma
lol probally a lot XD, however they should be directed at the studo ( forget the studios name i think its parrot or somthing ) because kishi doesn't make the fillers i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Necromas
Thu, 12-15-2005, 07:30 AM
First of all, it's prolly not a fake Kakashi, he's simply telling the truth, they can't just risk starting a war with some random country!

And anyone who's seen the post filler character pic of Naruto knows he aint gonna die.

ChibiYali
Thu, 12-15-2005, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by: Kraco

Originally posted by: ChibiYali

I came to the conclusion that would be too dumb even for a filler...

They have amazed me before i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
Let's say I wouldn't be surprised if it was a fake one...

Not that it would make any sense whatsoever, I know i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Maybe I should go and write plots there!

Terracosmo
Thu, 12-15-2005, 10:37 AM
I also wondered about the "74" eps thing, even checked ep 90 and nothing special happened. Maybe ep 90 was where DB started subbing Naruto? Can't recall really

nests
Thu, 12-15-2005, 11:47 AM

I dont know if you knew this but Kishimoto has abosolutly nothing to do with the fillers.
The people that should be blame are this guys
Director: Hayato Date
Script:
Akatsuki Yamatoya
Junki Takegami
Katsuyuki Sumisawa
Kou Hei Mushi
Michiko Yokote
Satoru Nishizono
Yasuyuki Suzuki
Yuka Miyata

Ero-Fan
Thu, 12-15-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by: nests

I dont know if you knew this but Kishimoto has abosolutly nothing to do with the fillers.
The people that should be blame are this guys
Director: Hayato Date
Script:
Akatsuki Yamatoya
Junki Takegami
Katsuyuki Sumisawa
Kou Hei Mushi
Michiko Yokote
Satoru Nishizono
Yasuyuki Suzuki
Yuka Miyata

Is that list the same for the non-filler episodes as well? I hope to god it isn't, cause it means without direction, they suck so bad the director should be shot.

nests
Thu, 12-15-2005, 12:06 PM
Not sure if it is but I remember reading somewhere else that this director was already working on the episodes after the timeskip

Terracosmo
Thu, 12-15-2005, 12:25 PM
lmao, I can't believe that there are 8 script writers. Those 8 must be bums offered shelter or something.

Ero-Fan
Thu, 12-15-2005, 12:37 PM
I think they just gave 8 monkeys full names to throw us off or something. What I'd really like to see is the list of animators for filler and non-filler episodes. The curry arc is the best example of how bad animation just makes bad storyline worse. They should all be lynched.

BioAlien
Thu, 12-15-2005, 02:36 PM
too bad naruto is not realy gonna die in the next eps...

Necromas
Thu, 12-15-2005, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by: poopdeville

I noticed that but I didn't get it. Naruto and Jiraiya had just found Tsunade in episode 90.

It was reffering to the cursed Necklace that supposedly was why Tsunades Boyfriend and Little brother died.

Divinity
Thu, 12-15-2005, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by: Necromas
It was reffering to the cursed Necklace that supposedly was why Tsunades Boyfriend and Little brother died.

Lol yeah... I mean everytime she gave them the necklace and then kissed em they died. But of course Naruto won'[t die.

I don't know what will happen next time. Kakashi might send Neji and Ten-ten home and then go save Naruto or something.

One question though... Those men and Mousou... Are they working with Sagi? Or are they planning their own thing?

My conclusion is Naruto will do his speech and make Sagi realize that revenge isnt worth it and blah blah blah and Sagi will let Naruto go.

aznroyale
Thu, 12-15-2005, 05:00 PM
i knew the old man was behind this

maikes
Thu, 12-15-2005, 05:06 PM
The faggot in glases probably ran to konohoa and told them what happend. Kakashi got a mission to save Naruto and went to byrd country. Thats what happend!

Mr Squiggles
Thu, 12-15-2005, 05:11 PM
or maybe the moon is affecting everyone's brainwaves, causing everyone to act crazy, when their in reality all just really nice people. Yep, the moon is the bad guy, its perfect: who would suspect the moon?

*Sigh*... see what the fillers are doing to me?

el_boss
Thu, 12-15-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by: Divinity
My conclusion is Naruto will do his speech and make Sagi realize that revenge isnt worth it and blah blah blah and Sagi will let Naruto go.
I wonder how people feel when they get lectured by a 12-year-old kid. If it was me, I would beat the shit out of the brat, but I guess Naruto is a little to strong for that to happen.

darkmetal505
Thu, 12-15-2005, 07:34 PM
this episode wasnt that bad

Mr Squiggles
Thu, 12-15-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by: darkmetal505

No it wasnt... Its just that compared to what normal episodes are like its pretty dissapointing.

anbu41
Thu, 12-15-2005, 10:46 PM

ah, it was OKAY. it's wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either.

juiceald
Thu, 12-15-2005, 11:00 PM
I also wondered about the "74" eps thing, even checked ep 90 and nothing special happened. Maybe ep 90 was where DB started subbing Naruto? Can't recall really

Right you are!
Dattebayo (formerly Anime-Heaven) started subbing Naruto at episode 90. Their group subbed 22 episodes, stopping at episode 112 according to anidb.net (http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=group&gid=2208)

During Anime-Heaven's 22 episode subbing, the group disbanded for "internal troubles" and became Dattebayo. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the necklace Tsunade gave to Naruto and everything to do with the fact Dattebayo has been subbing since episode 90, 74 episodes away.

Uberbaka
Fri, 12-16-2005, 01:54 AM
Ok ok ok.. hold on here.. Those shinobi that tried killing the glasses guy... Last time we saw them they were using the water to hide/sneak up/run away. So you would assume they are skilled in the ways of swimming.

And the glasses guy hides in the water and thereby escapes.

Yeah.

"We probably killed him by hitting him with, like, two shurikens in his shoulder..."

Sure.

heero
Fri, 12-16-2005, 02:14 AM
those lines for the frogs...god...could it be any worse....

Giboc
Fri, 12-16-2005, 06:40 AM
This episode wasn't that bad at all. Ignoring two blaring plot holes, I actually enjoyed watching this.

1) Why the fuck didn't Neji see the hidden tunnel in that hut?
2) How did a bumbling idiot like Naruto figure out the mystery?

Plot wise, this episode has been a lot better than the rest of the fillers.

el_boss
Fri, 12-16-2005, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by: Giboc
Actually it was the frogs that solved the mystery.

Giboc
Fri, 12-16-2005, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by: el_boss

Actually it was the frogs that solved the mystery.

The frogs only found random items. I didn't realize Naruto was smart enough to connect the evidence.

And as for Glasses guy escaping... What makes you think he actually got away? They could be very easily following him and waiting for him to get out of the water.

Mr Squiggles
Fri, 12-16-2005, 01:07 PM
And as for Glasses guy escaping... What makes you think he actually got away? They could be very easily following him and waiting for him to get out of the water.

lets see:
1. This is a filler, the chance of something cunning and intelligent like that being done is very unlikely.
2. if he was just gonna get caught, chances are "they" wouldnt have gone through the trouble of animating him with the straw.
3. These are nameless evil henchmen were talking about , this causes them to be stupid, and easilly defeated when a good guy shows up. They are never the ones to do important things. If they had names, then maybe they would do something like that, and their defeat would wait till the end of the arc.

Assertn
Fri, 12-16-2005, 02:57 PM
Ahahaha......the next episode previews/title amused me so much that it almost brought a tear to my eye.

Sounds like the biggest joke ever: After 164 episodes, the main character of the series dies to some nonamed executioners from a filler village. Everyone mourns at his tombstone.

darkmetal505
Fri, 12-16-2005, 08:40 PM
i hope they dont go dbz and reincarnate him if he dies

heero
Fri, 12-16-2005, 08:56 PM
I hope Kishi kills those guys for killing off his main character and messing the whole show up. Also, what do you think they would name the series if Naruto actually died? The adventures of Gama Kichi? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Assertn
Fri, 12-16-2005, 09:28 PM
It would be the worst conclusion of any story made since the dawn of time.

Escape the clutches of a giant snake, defeat a demon-possessed ninja, beat an elite-jounin level medic nin, match up to a level 2 curse seal, but then dies for peeping on the diamyo taking a bath.

Divinity
Fri, 12-16-2005, 10:07 PM
i hope they dont go dbz and reincarnate him if he dies

No... They go to Orochimaru and give a sacrafice and Orochimaru revives Naruto. Orochimaru tells them if they attempt to take back Sasuke he won't revive Naruto.

If not. They will just say, "The episodes up to Naruto's death were just a "what if this happened" to part of the series. Now that the time-jump has happened, we will turn back time and start from after the battle with Sasuke + Naruto."

Assertn
Fri, 12-16-2005, 10:09 PM
Ok. You know what.
How about everyone tell all their dbz reincarnation jokes now so we can all move on?

It was annoying a year ago....still is now.

Aramis
Sat, 12-17-2005, 07:26 AM
Gawd I laughed so hard at the next episodes title. Never had such an "O RLY" feeling before...

el_boss
Sat, 12-17-2005, 08:14 AM
I think killing Naruto would give the fillers alot of potential. I mean there are alot of cool plots they could create from him dying. As I said before Naruto has to battle his way back from the death realm (hades in greek mythology) I don't know what the equivalent is in japanese mythology. Or they could do some cool plot with the Kyuubi taking over full time and Naruto has to work his way back from his subconsious before the Kyuubi lays waste to the entire world. It would be really awesome if they actually did a very dark plot.

Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
Ok. You know what.
How about everyone tell all their dbz reincarnation jokes now so we can all move on?

It was annoying a year ago....still is now.
Taken from the Bleach 60 discussion

Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
Last time I checked, references to dragonball resurrections were still funny.
Annoying but funny none the less.

Naruto_Fan
Sat, 12-17-2005, 08:25 AM
i was wondering about that. i mean the show is called naruto and if naruto dies, then no show? anyway, i'm leaning towards a "what if" kinda thing and somehow naruto will wake up in the konoha hospital like he always after major fillers and we'll see kakashi's scene at the grave--kakashi gaiden--part 2

ES
Sat, 12-17-2005, 08:43 AM
Personally I dont fucking care what happens...as long as they fullfill that promise and off that fucktard already i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif.

mike3000
Sat, 12-17-2005, 05:42 PM
So...why are you all watching this series when you don't even like the main character..? i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

I got nothin' against the guy.

Cal_kashi
Sun, 12-18-2005, 03:47 AM
yup, i dl's it and watched it and immediately regretted it. But now that the finals are over and its ok, I don't regret it quite as much, turns out 25 min didn't matter afterall, Huzzah.

Zinobi
Tue, 12-20-2005, 06:13 AM
i dont think naruto can die..........unless his head is chopped off or something like that, because during his fight with sasuke his body does go completely limp with a very dead feel (it gave me the creeps everytime i watched it) but then the Nine Tailed Demon Fox brinngs him back to life by taking over most of his body and rejuvenating him. so therefore naruto wont die EVER, instead he'll have a 3some with sakura and sasuke in the end and live by himself, cuz he couldnt pleasure them, in loneliness.

Fudgeman
Tue, 12-20-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by: Mgslee
Its kinda odd... I'm actually enjoying this filler right now.

Kakashi showing up wasnt much of a surprise, but what he said kinda contradicts everything hes taught... but again thats likely just build up to future episodes.
Also its fairly certain that the twin brother died and the sister is the current feudal lord (Or both alive?)

i didnt even take time to watch these, i downloaded them, realized id wasted my time and took 2 minutes each to click through them randomly and i i already knwo the whole plot of the filler

for the quote above, kakashi obviusly isnt kakashi

since when does kakashi have a sword?
http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/9210/sadfdsaf0on.jpg

Nope. No spoilers here.

GotWoot Moderator

BioAlien
Tue, 12-20-2005, 07:09 PM
lolll a sword! thats could explain why in same artwork kakashi have a sword...

Divinity
Tue, 12-20-2005, 08:55 PM
That is definitely not Kakashi. Kakashi said he will never let anyone on his team die so he wouldn't abandon Naruto. He also said that those who leave their teammates to die are even bigger scum than those who break the rules.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 12-20-2005, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by: Zinobi
i dont think naruto can die..........unless his head is chopped off or something like that, because during his fight with sasuke his body does go completely limp with a very dead feel (it gave me the creeps everytime i watched it) but then the Nine Tailed Demon Fox brinngs him back to life by taking over most of his body and rejuvenating him. so therefore naruto wont die EVER, instead he'll have a 3some with sakura and sasuke in the end and live by himself, cuz he couldnt pleasure them, in loneliness.

Shot to the heart.

...and you're to blame.

darkmetal505
Tue, 12-20-2005, 09:42 PM
you give love a bad name...

Originally posted by: Divinity
That is definitely not Kakashi. Kakashi said he will never let anyone on his team die so he wouldn't abandon Naruto. He also said that those who leave their teammates to die are even bigger scum than those who break the rules.

Thats spoiler I think, but I dont think he's actually going to leave him. He's probably teaching them a lesson or something. Or maybe this will be the start of the Kakashi Gaiden.

BioAlien
Tue, 12-20-2005, 10:57 PM
there are still a lot of weak before kakashi gaiden start, and kakashi is still naruto "teacher"? i thought it was Jiraya his new teacher, since Group 7 is disbanded (sasuke with oro, sakura with tsunade and naruto with the pervert)

el_boss
Wed, 12-21-2005, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by: BioAlien
there are still a lot of weak before kakashi gaiden start, and kakashi is still naruto "teacher"? i thought it was Jiraya his new teacher, since Group 7 is disbanded (sasuke with oro, sakura with tsunade and naruto with the pervert)
I hadn't actually thinked about it like that. I mean that each group 7 member is being trained by an individual sannin now.

Since Group 7 is literally the only set of students Kakashi has ever had I think that he should have some special bond with them, even if he isn't their official teacher anymore. I bet he is planning something like that the real culprit will reveal itself at Naruto's execution or something.

hitokirigirl
Wed, 12-21-2005, 03:16 PM
Decent episode, hopefully Kabuto and his glasses are way smarter than this whiny jerk...
This eps could have made a good transition to start Kakashi Gaiden, zannen i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Assertn
Wed, 12-21-2005, 09:49 PM
I don't see the harm in throwing the kakashi gaiden mid-way through the filler gauntlet anyway. I guess it would've been too practical.