PDA

View Full Version : Sin City

Terracosmo
Sat, 12-10-2005, 09:36 PM
Yeah I know, it's not a new movie, but with the super mega cool extended DVD thingy coming out soon I feel like it merits a topic. Also, Sin City 2 & 3 are to be filmed back to back for a double 2007 release i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

So who else loves this movie? I haven't read the comic but I really should i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

kAi
Sat, 12-10-2005, 09:41 PM
This movie is awesome, I'm getting the DVD for this. Can't wait.
Where did you hear it would be a double release?

Terracosmo
Sat, 12-10-2005, 09:51 PM
I googled it and found it on some page. It's pretty easy to find, it's all over the news.

I'm just curious on how they will manage to do two more movies with the comic material, if I recall correctly there isn't THAT much more to use :S

Winged Dancer
Sat, 12-10-2005, 10:44 PM
Well that's good news. I haven't read the comics either (will one day, will) but I really really enjoyed the first movie. I couldn't really find much bad things about it - even Bruce Willis was good. And the sytle was TOO good to pass it anyway...

My family were idiots and didn't see it, so I guess I'll be picking up the DVD as soon as I can.

XanBcoo
Sun, 12-11-2005, 03:17 AM
This movie was not a good movie by any stretch of the imagination, but the fact that it was so damn cool and done so stylistically made up for that completely.

Terracosmo
Sun, 12-11-2005, 03:59 AM
I beg to differ. The story felt fresh and I kept wondering what would happen until the very end. I didn't think Marv would die, for example.
In fact, few films manage to avoid the "Hollywood syndrome" as well as this one did, probably because it's based on a comic.

XanBcoo
Sun, 12-11-2005, 04:03 AM
Maybe it was just the corny dialogue and ridiculousness of some of the scenes that made me say that. Otherwise, I love the movie to death.

I checked out some info and images of the comics, and was sad to find out that Jessica Alba's character was orignally a stripper, and not just a dancer *BIG i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif*

Terracosmo
Sun, 12-11-2005, 04:15 AM
lol yeah, in the comic she danced topless. Many SC fanboys didn't like Alba casting the role, because she didn't want to do the scenes topless. Also, Nancy's rack was much bigger in the comic.

Nitpickery at it's best!

Raven
Sun, 12-11-2005, 09:13 AM
And apparently that part towards the end where she's strung up to be whipped, that was supposed to be done fully naked, but JA is too much of a prude to do it.

Terracosmo
Sun, 12-11-2005, 09:22 AM
Well Yellow Bastard was supposed to be naked too so I guess that sometimes it's a good thing to skip nudity i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Carnage
Sun, 12-11-2005, 10:04 AM
This movie scared mei/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif No, seriously, it did.

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 12-11-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
lol yeah, in the comic she danced topless. Many SC fanboys didn't like Alba casting the role, because she didn't want to do the scenes topless.

She's gone topless in amagazine, what's the big deal? She's not even super hot anyway.

I think this movie is overrated.. it was okay, the visual effects were superb and very refreshing, but it isn't something I feel like watching again.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 12-11-2005, 05:10 PM
This movie was absolutely, positively superb. I'm still not over it. It had everything! Fantastic story (simple yes, fantastic nonetheless), by the end of the movie, you knew everyone was in the same world, and somehow related one way or another even if they didn't know each other. And one thing about me, I like violence. I love it. I LOVE IT!! This movie delivered violence to me on a platter topped with caviar and cordon blue exotic cheeses with souffle for desert, top quality all, draw from an all you can eat buffet! Huh?

Definately buying this DVD, and Alba better get naked, fucking prude. I've loved her since flipper.

Paulyboy
Sun, 12-11-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
lol yeah, in the comic she danced topless. Many SC fanboys didn't like Alba casting the role, because she didn't want to do the scenes topless. Also, Nancy's rack was much bigger in the comic.

Nitpickery at it's best!

NOO WAY! Damn Jessica Alba! Yeah the movie was cool, but I thought how Bruce killed himself at the end, and I thought what an idiot, just go up agains the dude, but before that, do something with JESSICA!

darkmetal505
Sun, 12-11-2005, 06:45 PM
yea, movie was good and jessica abla was (is) really hot

Winged Dancer
Sun, 12-11-2005, 07:20 PM
Fucking fucking fucking fucking fucking HATE Jessica Alba. And not because she didn't dance naked, I'm not lesbian enough to care, I just hate her. From the moment I saw her face in Dark Angel or whatever that shitty TV series was called I hated her with all of my soul.

Perhaps its a biological female thing. But man I hate her so much.

And if her wearing clothes means the yellow bastard wears clothes too then I'm happy enough.

Terracosmo
Sun, 12-11-2005, 11:09 PM
I'm not a fan of Alba either, incredibly overrated. (I should post that in the overrated topic). Not a terribly good actress, and her lips are like enormous ;S

Winged Dancer
Sun, 12-11-2005, 11:46 PM
Aren't they? Yes, finally a man that agrees with me on that topic!

I'm kinda surprised they just didn't fire her and got themselves another girl who wasn't afraid to show some boob. There are hundred more attractive girls who wouldn't mind acting like strippers and wouldn't need to be paid that much... is she that big of a name in the USA?

Honoko
Sun, 12-11-2005, 11:51 PM
i think it's safe to say that most american boys go gaga over jessica alba, for some odd reason =P

Terracosmo
Mon, 12-12-2005, 12:44 AM
Alba is like one of the few famous women that "all men" seem to like. There are very few such icons, as opposed to the female culture where everybody likes the same person all the time (Pitt, Depp, Cruise - holy trinity). Use some imagination, mankind!

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 12-12-2005, 01:12 AM
I'm in love with alba, not because of what she looks like now (even though I think she gorgeous), but because of what she looked like when she was 16, or 15, on the TV series "Flipper". Her breasts were ginormous and she was in perfect proportions, and had, and still has, a perfect ass. Plus, she's very pretty and has a nice exotic hispanic look. Her lips are big but they're not so big as to be unattractive (you fools). Long legs, just everything a 16 year old horny boy looks for in a girl, but can only find in a woman. Jessica was a child prodigy of physique. If it wasn't for that, I would not be so obsessed, but I'd still find her very attractive. She needs to show some freaking boobies though.

Edit: The man below has his head on straight.

XanBcoo
Mon, 12-12-2005, 01:26 AM
I don't like the hype surrounding her. I can't speak for anyone else, but.honestly she just fits perfectly into what I find attractive.

Edit: Most of what Uchiha Barles said. She also seems to have a better personality than most current uprising hollywood actresses.

Hakeem_21
Mon, 12-12-2005, 12:58 PM
I like Alba not just cause she is hot but thanks to Dark Angel a show i really liked.

I like her looks cause she doesnt look like every other beuty from hollywood.

Also we blacks dig big lips i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

About the guy that said why did Hartigan(Bruce willis) kill himself that cause as he said in the movie they own the town even if he killed the guy,they would hunt her forever and then kill.

Frank Miller is writing three new SC comics, one of them is about Nancy taking vengance for Hartigan

Another will be Hartigan's prequal,will be about when he was young.

Winged Dancer
Mon, 12-12-2005, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by: Uchiha Barles
Plus, she's very pretty and has a nice exotic hispanic look. Her lips are big but they're not so big as to be unattractive (you fools).

Hispanic?? Where is she hispanic or latin? ...have you ever visited Latin America or Spain? For me she looks completely mixed, and I think she undertook the same operation Michael Jackson did 'cause she was a good deal darker back in Black Angel, now she's pretty white.

And her lips... well... er... I'll try to think lesbian now. Or as a man, that should be easier.

Liv Tyler's lips ain't thin and she's way sexier!
As much as I look at her she just looks vulgar to me.

But I'm looking forward to see how she takes vengance or whatever, and even more for Hartigan's past.

XanBcoo
Mon, 12-12-2005, 05:18 PM
I have no idea what WD is talking about (http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/9514/jessicaalbaetplasma012pe.jpg)

Though I do agree she was much cuter before she looked more "white"
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/8813/jessicaalba4sm.jpg

XanBcoo
Mon, 12-12-2005, 05:19 PM
soz, double post

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 12-12-2005, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by: Winged Dancer

Originally posted by: Uchiha Barles
Plus, she's very pretty and has a nice exotic hispanic look. Her lips are big but they're not so big as to be unattractive (you fools).

Hispanic?? Where is she hispanic or latin? ...have you ever visited Latin America or Spain? For me she looks completely mixed, and I think she undertook the same operation Michael Jackson did 'cause she was a good deal darker back in Black Angel, now she's pretty white.

Lol! No I have not been to been to Latin America or Spain, and I do agree that she looks mixed, but around my way, theres a lot of hipanic girls, and she has certain features that I find similar to quite a few of those girls around my way. Or around any other neighborhood in NYC that has a noticeable hispanic population. Or in college. Those features, that aura, whatever, is what I'm finding attractive in both Alba and those girls. I don't see those same features in girls of other backgrounds. So hispanic it is.

Terracosmo
Tue, 12-13-2005, 01:22 PM
The comics that Hakeem mentioned are probably not going to be in the upcoming movies, as the movies are about to start shooting while the comics aren't even finished yet.

The parts which are more or less confirmed to be in the sequel(s) are "A Dame to Kill For" (starring Dwight and Marv) and "Hell and Back" (starring a guy named Wallace). The latter is apparently long enough to warrant a movie on it's own. But they might shorten it a bit, who knows i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Anyway, I really want to get into the comics more. And those upcoming ones sound really cool, especially Hartigan's past. Developing his character will make his death even sadder. ;S

XanBcoo
Tue, 12-13-2005, 02:18 PM
I'm guessing "A Dame to Kill For" is also a prequel, as Marv died in his story (if I remember correctly - it's been a while).

Just looked at some pictures, and Wallace seems to be a cool character from what I can tell.

Hakeem_21
Tue, 12-13-2005, 07:58 PM
The first book was with Marv in which he dies and i have read the others and Marv is in most of them. He hangs out in the bar in almost every SC book,he says something to character the book is about and then he is gone from the story. I know dont know how much he is in A Dame to Kill For since i have read half of the book so far.

Terra: You should really read the comics they are a piece of Art. Dont read it on the comp,the books looks much better than reading in the comp.

Terracosmo
Wed, 12-14-2005, 12:53 AM
I also looked at some Wallace pictures, he does indeed look pretty awesome. This will be good stuff.

I want to find comics. I think I've seen them in some bookstore here in Sweden. I'll have to look again...

Hakeem_21
Wed, 12-14-2005, 06:00 PM
If you are Stockholm sometime there is a Comic/manga store in Gamla Stan who sells them for around 100 kr,i buy them for 220 kr in Uppsala.

I bought two book for 200 there once which how much one costs in Uppsala i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

I cant wait for the second movie cause i saw it before i read the comics and now that i know how good the comic is. I like the film more cuase its so similar to the comic in every way making it the best comic movie by far.

I will get the special edition dvd as soon possiable, i heard the movie is longer in it is true?

Terracosmo
Thu, 12-15-2005, 02:49 AM
Yep. 20 minutes worth of new scenes. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

There will also be an option to watch the various segments in stand-alone versions, making them feel even more like a comic.

Hakeem_21
Thu, 12-15-2005, 06:49 PM
Nice touch a must have i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif