PDA

View Full Version : Naruto

sevyfez
Sat, 12-10-2005, 06:16 PM
Hey I just finished downloading naruto episode 43, but whenever i try to play it on DivX player 6.0 it states

Failed to open File. Please check that it is a valid AVI or MPEG-4 file.

All the other previous episodes have played quite well until this one can somone plz help me?

Thank You!

kAi
Sat, 12-10-2005, 09:13 PM
Did you download the whole file, check the CRC with what it is.
Other than that it could be codecs.

sevyfez
Sun, 12-11-2005, 09:47 PM
I think I downloaded the whole file and I am note sure what CRC means (noob here). when I go the the Bit comet file for downloads instead the movies being in movie form they are BC files and I am note sure what that even means.

Thank You for the reply!

complich8
Tue, 12-13-2005, 05:02 AM
BC files? Do you mean torrent files (that are probably associated with bitcomet)? Check the file extensions of those files...

That doesn't sound right. It sounds to me like maybe you're pointing your player at BitComet's cache of torrents instead of the directory you actually downloaded the files into.

CRC is "Cyclic Redundancy Checksum". It's a method of verifying that the file you're looking at is binary identical to the file you're trying to get. It's an 8 character hexidecimal number, that's going to be in the filename of most fansubs, and you can check it using QuickSFV (http://www.quicksfv.org/) among numerous other methods (create a .sfv file, open the .sfv file with notepad). It's somewhat redundant in the case of torrent downloads though, because bittorrent uses per-block and per-file cryptographic hashing, which does the same thing, only in a much better way.