PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 287 Discussion

nests
Thu, 12-08-2005, 10:54 AM
287 raw (http://s28.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2TULOZX16RYBN3B323WN4XSFLM)

Terracosmo
Thu, 12-08-2005, 12:25 PM
More build-up. Sai draws stuff.

I guess the cloaked guy in the end is the messenger :S

Assertn
Thu, 12-08-2005, 01:56 PM
Thats...pretty cool.....

This chapter's worthless without a translation =/

Winged Dancer
Thu, 12-08-2005, 02:17 PM
LOL, the chapter is titled "Untitled", WTF is up with that? I could work a quick summary/translation. But I'm too lazy.

Edit: The scan is surprisingly clean, so I'll translate anyway.

Progress: There it is, you ugly people.

286 - Untitled

Cold winds that blow without compassion...! Change into the hot winds that blow for me!

Page 1

One night of Piece?! The dawn comes...

Page 3

(Sakura): Sai?

Aaaah... so you're drawing something?

(Sai): Do you need anything?

(Sakura): For someone with such a rude mouth, you sure have artsy abilities.

That's surprisng.

(Sai): That fake smile...

Haven't you had enough of hitting me?

Page 5

(Sakura): ...not really.

Er, it's a joke!

I just came to see what you were drawing.
...I was wondering what it was.

(Sai): Ah...

(Sakura): Since you were sitting here, I thought it'd be a landscape...
But this is more like abstract art, right?

This drawing... does it have a title?

(Sai): ...who knows?

(Sakura): You haven't decided yet?

Page 6

(Sai): Oh, it's not like that.

Up 'till now, I've painted thousands, tens of thousands pictures, but I've never given a title to any of them.

(Sakura): Huuuu~h...

But it's usual to give titles to one's drawings, isn't it?
Like, if it's a portrait then you name it like the people you painted...
And other paintings, too depending on the circumstances in which you painted them, or the feelings or emotions...

Page 7

(Sai): ...to be exact, even if I were to try and name them, I wouldn't be able to.

(Sakura): ?

(Sai): ...nothing comes to my mind. I can't... feel anything.

Page 8

(Naruto): Bet you're just saying insensitive things again!

We're leaving soon! Captain Yamato sent me to call you.

(Sakura): Yeah.

(Naruto): Bah! That drawing ain't nothing special!

Page 9

(Sai): Yes, so it seems.

Just like your dick.

(Naruto): ...gh!
I'll say it clearly now! I fucking hate you!!

If you have anything to say, then stop that forced smile and say it clearly already!!

(Sai): ...

Page 10

(Sai): It's nothing like that.

I don't really think anything regarding you.

Page 11

(Sai): Please go on ahead.

I'll follow as soon as I've cleaned up.

(Sakura): I'll help you...

This... this isn't an impression, isn't it? (as in "photograph")

Did you paint this, too?

(Sai): Yes...

(Sakura): Oooh... a picture book?

(Naruto): Feh!

Page 12

(Sakura): Say... can't you show those to me while we walk?

(Sai): That's impossible.
...it's because this isn't completed yet. (Alternate: ...this isn't perfect yet.)

Also... this is not something to give to others...
This is my brother's, you see.

Page 13

"....." of doom!!

Page 14

(Yamato): Around here looks good.
Mokuton!
Shichuuka no Jutsu!
(Four-Pillar House, or something like that)

(Yamato): Tonight we'll sleep in the open with this!

(Sakura): ...don't call this sleeping in the open!

[OMG he can create a house with Ninpou, how awesomely stupid is that??]

Page 15

(Yamato): Please come here for a bit...
Also... Sakura, there's something I want you to listen.

(Sakura): What is it?

(Yamato): This has to do with Sasori of the Akatsuki.

I borrowed Sasori's file from Sunagakure (Hidden Sand), but...

His personality, the way he spoke, his gestures and habits... that kind of thing. If possible, I'd like you to tell me all that with as much detail as possible.

Because you are the only one who saw him in front of your eyes.

Page 16

(Naruto): What do you mean?

(Yamato): The spy from the Akatsuki who infiltrated Orochimaru's ranks believes that Sasori will go to the Tenchikyou (Note: I'm not sure about the translation, literally it'd mean "Heaven and Land Bridge").
Perhaps we'll be discovered immediately, but I think it'd be better to Henka (transform) into Sasori and try to get closer.

(Sai): Because to be a spy is to accept the accompanying risks. Our opponent will be very careful.

(Yamato): And also, if by any chance, this turned out to be a trap from the Akatsuki... it's better if I go first.

You'll wait for my instructions.

(Sakura): ...it's true that in the Sand Village there was a spy called Yuura, and... the things he said, so close to death...
I don't think it was a lie.

(Sai): Whatever we do, this spy... we can expect him to have the same level of ability.

(Naruto): I'll get him...

(Side): All set running for the mountain top! Yamato's plan unfolds...
The opponent worries not for hiding, without a doubt strong! (that like is stupid even in japanese but my translation sucks)
You, the ones who move in the darkness that wraps the crescent moon... who is this "spy"!?

No. 287 - Owari
Still at halfway, one trap after another! Next number, "In the Darkness of Treason"

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 12-08-2005, 03:35 PM
GRRRRRR am starting to get frustrated here. In the immortal words of Milhouse "when are they going to get into the fireworks factory?" I'm really hoping that the spy turns out to be kabuto or something big happens here because there has been way to much build up and Kishimoto has been dropping unresolved plot threads left and right. Cough cough kakashi's mangekyou sharingan cough cough Tobi cough. I want to see more akasuki members. I want to learn something more about Zetsu. I want more of what made naruto so great to start with. I hope that this next arc becomes something interesting.

Winged Dancer
Thu, 12-08-2005, 03:44 PM
I liked this chapter a lot but then again I'm a girl, so nice, slow, bonding chapters are always welcome for me.

As long as Sai doesn't recover his emotions just to fall for Sakura it'll all be fine...

Necromas
Thu, 12-08-2005, 05:00 PM
I like how the Naruto-Sai conflict is exactly the same as the Naruto-Sasuke conflict was before they became buddies, except instead of being mad cause Sakura liked Sasuke, Naruto gets mad because Sai knows he has an incredibly small and pathetic dick.

nests
Thu, 12-08-2005, 06:35 PM
Scanlation

Link 1 (http://rapidshare.de/files/8836993/Naruto_-_287.zip.html)
Link 2 (http://s43.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2XHBDFT86LTXI2WYTC0ZBL8W05)

Terracosmo
Thu, 12-08-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by: Winged Dancer
I liked this chapter a lot but then again I'm a girl, so nice, slow, bonding chapters are always welcome for me.

What does that have to do with you being a girl? :S
I like chapters like these too.

Oh and opposed to what others seem to think, I don't think Sasuke and Sai have much in common at all - except that they are both pretty distant.

Winged Dancer
Thu, 12-08-2005, 08:23 PM
That girls do tend to have more patience for slow storylines while men usually go "GODDAMNIT KISHIMOTO HURRY IT UP!!!". Or maybe that's me being... misoginist?

And yeah, Sasuke and Sai aren't so alike... well, they have black hair and dislike Naruto or act as if they do, and they are distant, but Sasuke opted for the no speaking/glaring at people and inanimated objects approach, while Sai opts for the "commenting on the size of your penis".

It seems he kinda wants to open up... I can imagine Danzo told him not to speak of anyone of his "condition" and yet he's already explaining Sakura how he can't really feel anything and how his Precious Something (TradeMark Kishimoto 2005) is a picture that belonged to his brother.

Stupid Naruto had to interrupt, but then again its too early to explain Sai.

I'm equally curious about Yamato. I like him! He can create a house out of nothing, really! And I'd like to see whether he can pull Sasori correctly, but it seems the next episode wont reach that far.

Konohamaru
Thu, 12-08-2005, 08:44 PM
nice suprise if the spy is Sasori. What Sakura was fighting was mearly another masterful creation by Sasori who put some of his chakra into that scroll. Maybe it's Tobi!

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 12-08-2005, 08:52 PM
And how is Yamato crapping out all this informaiton he isn't supposed to know?

Assertn
Thu, 12-08-2005, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel
And how is Yamato crapping out all this informaiton he isn't supposed to know?

There's plenty of justification for him to know what he knows.
For one thing, Tsunade would've debriefed him on the situation, and he already said that he obtained documentation on sasori from the sand village. Considering he's a trained anbu who is currently acting as the leader of a squad that is on a very condition-sensitive mission, i'd be surprised if he DIDN'T already obtain this information.

Necromas
Thu, 12-08-2005, 10:56 PM
He's the kind of person that'd be getting this kind of info for Tsunade!

darkmetal505
Thu, 12-08-2005, 11:21 PM
sasori died didnt he? I think i need to go and re-read the last 15 chapters more carefully.

nests
Fri, 12-09-2005, 01:59 AM
Yes Sasori is dead.
Now correct me if I am wrong but wasnt a spy of Orochimaru supposed to meet with a spy of Sasori's or was it a spy of Sasori's acting as a subordinate to Orochimaru the one that was going to meet Sasori.
if is the second one then there is no way that that cloack guy is Sasuke

Knives122
Fri, 12-09-2005, 02:18 AM
It's probably some random guy that will take up even more of our precious time we don't use...or it could be Kabuto.

Assertn
Fri, 12-09-2005, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by: nests
Yes Sasori is dead.
Now correct me if I am wrong but wasnt a spy of Orochimaru supposed to meet with a spy of Sasori's or was it a spy of Sasori's acting as a subordinate to Orochimaru the one that was going to meet Sasori.
if is the second one then there is no way that that cloack guy is Sasuke

It's the latter.

I'm hoping for him to be Kabuto.

Winged Dancer
Fri, 12-09-2005, 09:53 AM
I'm just hoping its someone we know instead of some new moron.

I'd like it to be Sasuke because that would mean Naruto would ruin the mission.

And also because I want to see Sasuke's new style goddamnit! I wonder if he turned as queer as his brother....

ChaosK
Fri, 12-09-2005, 03:27 PM
a few things...
1. i forget, i was pretty sure sasori was supposed to be dead, but the spy thinks sasori is going there, so the spy doesnt know sasori's dead...right?
2. if henge could fool everybody, then everybody would be doing it, somethings gonna go wrong here
3. sai....uhhhh homo
4. WD is there any reason at all u knew the japanese word for dick?

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 12-09-2005, 04:19 PM
This was an OK chapter dealing with who sai is and what not. He better not become buddy buddy with Sakura though. "Me, you don't need to forgive." Nor should he. But I doubt he'll be killing her seeing as I'm pretty sure he loves Konoha, and killing her isn't in the villages best interest. But really, I'm tired of everybody liking each other. People don't fucking like each other all the time dammit! But, that seems to be Naruto's talent.......why's he alive again?

Raven
Fri, 12-09-2005, 06:44 PM
More dick jokes... wow. How many more can he squeeze in?

I liked this chapter. I think the main reason people get so annoyed with chapters like this is because they have to wait another week for the new one. If we had all the chapters on our hard drives and could read them all at once, it'd be fine.

I don't think it'll be Sasuke under the cloak, that'd be way too obvious, seeing the reader's mentality is 'OMG MUST SEE HIM SOON/NOW!', so Kishi won't hand it over that easily. I'm thinking it'll be Kabuto, I really hope it's not yet another new guy. Soon there'll be too many to keep track of, considering we haven't even seen heaps of the old characters yet.

Divinity
Fri, 12-09-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn

I liked this chapter. I think the main reason people get so annoyed with chapters like this is because they have to wait another week for the new one. If we had all the chapters on our hard drives and could read them all at once, it'd be fine.

I don't think it'll be Sasuke under the cloak, that'd be way too obvious, seeing the reader's mentality is 'OMG MUST SEE HIM SOON/NOW!', so Kishi won't hand it over that easily. I'm thinking it'll be Kabuto, I really hope it's not yet another new guy. Soon there'll be too many to keep track of, considering we haven't even seen heaps of the old characters yet.

I bet... next chapter... Sakura and Sai are in a room together. Yamato tells Naruto to go tell them that it's time to leave. As Naruto waslk to the room he starts thinking about Sai's dick jokes and then all of a sudden he hears Sakura's voice, "Wow! It's so big!!!" Then they show Naruto's face like he's alarmed or something then he charges into the door and ask, "SAI WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH SAKURA!?!?!" Sakura get's pissed at Naruto, "KNOCK BEFORE YOU COME IN!!" and hits him. Figures they were just looking at a butterfly that flew in and Sai was drawing it.

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 12-09-2005, 09:42 PM
And Yamato does something with wood.

Hopefully to Sakura.

Heh heh.

kAi
Sat, 12-10-2005, 12:15 AM
Yamato is good with his techniques, made that for a camp site, heh.

Naruto still getting peeved at Sai, nothing new there.
Yeah, we're going to see Sai open up about some shit later on.

For the cloaked guy, it would be better if it was Kabuto, we don't need yet another new character, but it wouldn't suprise me if it is.

darkmetal505
Sat, 12-10-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by: kAi
Yamato is good with his techniques, made that for a camp site, heh.

Naruto still getting peeved at Sai, nothing new there.
Yeah, we're going to see Sai open up about some shit later on.

For the cloaked guy, it would be better if it was Kabuto, we don't need yet another new character, but it wouldn't suprise me if it is.

yea, that technique is very useful. I like how Sai istill making jokes about Naruto's penis.

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Sat, 12-10-2005, 05:25 PM
cloaked figure looks too tall for sasuke. i think its kabuto

Winged Dancer
Sat, 12-10-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo

4. WD is there any reason at all u knew the japanese word for dick?

Well, two, actually. One, I'm learning japanese, which you can appreciate at the first page since I translated the entire thing.

Two, I lived in Japan for about three or four monts with a family which had a four year old boy. Thanks to him I learned how to say "dick", "poop", "piss", "larvae", "vomit", "booger" and so forth.

Terracosmo
Sat, 12-10-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by: Winged Dancer
That girls do tend to have more patience for slow storylines while men usually go "GODDAMNIT KISHIMOTO HURRY IT UP!!!". Or maybe that's me being... misoginist?

I think it just appears that way because most people are stressed when it comes to wanting action, and since forums generally have 90% guys, it just comes off as such that the men want the build-up to be faster i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 12-11-2005, 01:02 AM
Don't get me wrong it's not like I don't apprechiate the quieter character building momments it's just that I'd like to see kishimoto resolve some of the issues that have been brought up before jumping into new ones. I'm still pissed about kakashi pulling the mengekyou sharingan out of his ass. And I was disappointed that there wasn't more of an explantion for sasori's past. Maybe they'll flesh it out more in the anime.

Divinity
Sun, 12-11-2005, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
Don't get me wrong it's not like I don't apprechiate the quieter character building momments it's just that I'd like to see kishimoto resolve some of the issues that have been brought up before jumping into new ones. I'm still pissed about kakashi pulling the mengekyou sharingan out of his ass. And I was disappointed that there wasn't more of an explantion for sasori's past. Maybe they'll flesh it out more in the anime.

They will probably tell how Kakashi got the MS eventually. Just like how they didn't tell how Kakashi got his Sharingan eye till Kakashi Gaiden.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 12-11-2005, 03:06 AM
They don't really have that many remaining chapters to take their time with it though as they did with the gaiden. The final set of chapters should focus heavily on Naruto and Sasuke, so I'm guessing that you can reasonably expect an answer "soon".

About the wanting action thing, I want it, and badly. I want to see what's become of Naruto of the past two years. He's talking a lot of shit, even if its low key, like when he told kakashi that he'd handle the akatsuki if kakashi couldn't, or when he was like "I'll do him in" when Sai was describing the resourcefulness of the spy. I want to see that justified, and I want it to be awesome, and I'm waiting here positively giddy with anticipation. Yep, thats right, mannuts abound here.

Neko Haruko
Sun, 12-11-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by: Divinity

Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn

I bet... next chapter... Sakura and Sai are in a room together. Yamato tells Naruto to go tell them that it's time to leave. As Naruto waslk to the room he starts thinking about Sai's dick jokes and then all of a sudden he hears Sakura's voice, "Wow! It's so big!!!" Then they show Naruto's face like he's alarmed or something then he charges into the door and ask, "SAI WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH SAKURA!?!?!" Sakura get's pissed at Naruto, "KNOCK BEFORE YOU COME IN!!" and hits him. Figures they were just looking at a butterfly that flew in and Sai was drawing it.

hahaha. That would be so funny. XD

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 12-11-2005, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by: Uchiha Barles
They don't really have that many remaining chapters to take their time with it though as they did with the gaiden. The final set of chapters should focus heavily on Naruto and Sasuke, so I'm guessing that you can reasonably expect an answer "soon".

About the wanting action thing, I want it, and badly. I want to see what's become of Naruto of the past two years. He's talking a lot of shit, even if its low key, like when he told kakashi that he'd handle the akatsuki if kakashi couldn't, or when he was like "I'll do him in" when Sai was describing the resourcefulness of the spy. I want to see that justified, and I want it to be awesome, and I'm waiting here positively giddy with anticipation. Yep, thats right, mannuts abound here.

What makes you think the manga is about to end?

Divinity
Sun, 12-11-2005, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel

Originally posted by: Uchiha Barles

What makes you think the manga is about to end?

Ehh..... I got high hopes that the manga/anime won't end for quite a long time. Though, I wonder if Akatsuki is the last "bad guys" and when they are defeated will it be over. There could be more though. Still a lot of countries they haven't been to.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 12-11-2005, 04:01 PM
A year or two ago on these forums, people were speaking of the Naruto anime being contracted to have around 230 episodes. I'm assuming that 1) they are correct, and 2) the anime will complete the story in the manga. There should be about 150 anime episodes out, and they haven't even touched the Kakashi Gaiden yet. Making a rough, guestimate of rectal origins here, I'd say it would take about 14-18 episodes to cover up until the present in the manga, ignoring filler. Thats what makes me think the manga doesn't have too many chapters left.

Winged Dancer
Sun, 12-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Anime series don't last the same as their manga.

A good example is Inuyasha - the manga is still running and yet the anime and the movies have ended already.

So naruto might end after 230 episodes (which is a lot anyway) or keep on running, that'll depend on how popular it is in Japan. The manga, however, doesn't need to end at the same time.

If you ask me the manga still has ways to go, and it's too popular amoung Shounen Jump readers for it to be pulled out. At worst Kishimoto will receive less money and support and then we'd have the same story but with bad art.

Like HunterXHunter! (yes, I'm looking at you Uchiha Barles!)

So I would stop worrying if I were you. There are too many things left to be solved - mainly Sasuke's vengance, and that should take at least a yea, flashbacks included. Then there's the Akatsuki. And new characters whose origins and personal problems have yet to be addresed. Even if Kishimoto decided to end it now without explaining Sai's past or without fully using all of the Akatsuki members he'd take at least a year and a half to finish things off.

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 12-11-2005, 07:31 PM
Could someone please present the concise evidence where it states that the manga has oh so many chapters to go before ending? I think that things might wrap up after the akaski are dealth with but that's not going to be for a long ass time that's for sure. If there is evidence someone please post a link because i'd like to see it.

KoKo37
Sun, 12-11-2005, 07:44 PM
well i personly dont think its near end XD, they still gotta introduce all those akatsuki members and introduce all the tailed beasts, ( mainly hoping to see the 4th tailed soon, i wanna see that retiled rooster get in some action >< lol, less kishimoto changes the legend on that one -.- lol ) and they gotta do somthing with orchi n itachi n stuff XD

G0$u 3])iT : oh n they gotta show all the leaf ninjas fight atleast -.- lol

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 12-11-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
Could someone please present the concise evidence where it states that the manga has oh so many chapters to go before ending? I think that things might wrap up after the akaski are dealth with but that's not going to be for a long ass time that's for sure. If there is evidence someone please post a link because i'd like to see it.

No I can't present the evidence. This was said awhile back and someone presented some form of evidence, but I have no idea what thread or how to begin searching for it.

@Winged Dancer: No one listens to me about hxh *sulks in corner alone*

Divinity
Sun, 12-11-2005, 08:53 PM
I bet they will keep making more and there will be another time-jump when all the genins and stuff are now jounins and are about the age of 18 or so.

Terracosmo
Sun, 12-11-2005, 11:10 PM
Even when Kishi declares that he wants to stop Naruto, he'll be coaxed to continue like Toriyama was i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Winged Dancer
Sun, 12-11-2005, 11:37 PM
Yes, nothing like a balding japanese man waving a big big paycheck in front of you. I bet few people can resist that kind of temptation.

Which should make visiting Japan so much scarier.

heero
Mon, 12-12-2005, 04:44 PM
boring chapter.

Jaredster
Wed, 12-14-2005, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Even when Kishi declares that he wants to stop Naruto, he'll be coaxed to continue like Toriyama was

And we all know how well that went. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Terracosmo
Thu, 12-15-2005, 02:06 AM
I actually liked post-Freeza. Well, future Trunks and the androids at least i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

(and speaking from a commercial point of view, it was an immense success)

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 12-15-2005, 08:54 AM
As long as kishimoto can keep dishing up content of the same quality that got me into naruto in the first place I'll keep on reading. I just hope he dosen't do something stupid along the lines of the fillers. Although I do hope that he ends it after the atkaski storyline is entirely finished up. I'd really hate to see it just keep on going with kishi forced to come up with even more powerful baddies for naruto and co to take down.

Although if it's an excuse to see hokage naruto and hokage garra fighting back to back I might be able to make an exception.

Raven
Thu, 12-15-2005, 09:04 PM
You just said Hokage Gaara didn't you? Yes, I read it right. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Sapphire
Sat, 12-31-2005, 01:57 PM
haha... are they going to put this in the anime?

I don't think Naruto is going to end any time soon... It's probably going to be like Dragonball, featuring Naruto's grandkids before it ends.. o_O;;

By the way, if Sai falls for Sakura I'm going to stab something..