PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 163 Discussion

Terracosmo
Thu, 12-08-2005, 01:02 AM
The neverending suspense continues in this long awaited part 2 of "Ninjaghostbusters"

Jadugar
Thu, 12-08-2005, 01:13 AM
DB is out. Anyone else excited i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

Naruto 163 - DB (http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/n163.torrent)

Mr Squiggles
Thu, 12-08-2005, 01:54 AM
ETA, 3hours. I cant wait to know what happens...*cough* *cough*.

Until then, my theory: the culprit is really the ghost of christmas past. Oh sure, he may act like he's acting in Scrooge's best interests, but, deep down, he's just a jerk.

Terracosmo
Thu, 12-08-2005, 02:50 AM
Good god this was hideous. Tenten was useless as always, animation blew, music used improperly, plot is totally fucked up, cliches, cool moves slaughtered once again by being used for random reasons and with bad execution... and Naruto... oh, Naruto... of course, it's standard practice that he is more annoying than having a giant zit in your face during your prom night, but the level of annoyance he reached this time is something new. Ladies and gentlemen, you have 20 minutes of the most annoying main character behavior EVER to look forward to. He is fucking obnoxious, stupid, rude and a million other negative things. I don't know how many times Neji told him to shut up (well not "shut up", but you get the point) which was also the episode's only redeeming factor. Neji slamming Naruto's face into the ground. EAT THE DIRT, BITCH!

DarthEnderX
Thu, 12-08-2005, 03:10 AM
Boooooooring.

Kensee
Thu, 12-08-2005, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Good god this was hideous. Tenten was useless as always, animation blew, music used improperly, plot is totally fucked up, cliches, cool moves slaughtered once again by being used for random reasons and with bad execution... and Naruto... oh, Naruto... of course, it's standard practice that he is more annoying than having a giant zit in your face during your prom night, but the level of annoyance he reached this time is something new. Ladies and gentlemen, you have 20 minutes of the most annoying main character behavior EVER to look forward to. He is fucking obnoxious, stupid, rude and a million other negative things. I don't know how many times Neji told him to shut up (well not "shut up", but you get the point) which was also the episode's only redeeming factor. Neji slamming Naruto's face into the ground. EAT THE DIRT, BITCH!

I don't find Naruto as annoying as many people find him (i'm talking in the manga or in NON filler episodes), and usually I can tolerate a lot of stuff ... but this ... no ..

He was down right annoying. I was yelling at my screen "Naruto, stfu you n00b" and I don't ever do that .. ever ..
Dude, hes supposed to be a ninja. Show some damn respect ... poeple gonna be like .. Konohana ninjas are like this? F this, lets hire popele from the country of the wind. Naruto is no where THIS annoying in the normal episodes (sure he gets up there, but this is going over the limit).

Oh yeah, Neji did his many strikes thing .. -_- once again done in filler animation, it looked a lil better than last time it was used in a filler ... yenno what .. these moves .. they are good but they are being used too much.

Case in point, everyone who watches the anime is kinda sick of narutos Rasengen right? ... cause he used it God knows how many times?
Well in the Manga ... yep ... up to this poitn he used it twice or three times! THATS IT! 1. Against Kabito, 2. vs Sasuke, 3. vs. Sasuke at Valley at the end. None other times. SO they are not tired of it yet, it acutally still looks cool because each time he gets stronger at it. Same goes for Neji's 64+ hit combo, he's only used it twice! in manga standards.
The point is the moves are good and still cool, except the filler uses low animation and overuse of these moves to make everyone sick and tired of seeing them all together. Its quite sad too seeing how when they do use these moves later in the future, alto of poeple will be gawd sick of them.

Oh yeah, it looks like naruto was eatting buffulo wings in that one resturant. I'm soo glad Kakashi didn't go with them to this village, It would of downplayed his "I'm too cool for fillers" image.

Giboc
Thu, 12-08-2005, 06:21 AM
Naruto goes through lobotomy after every filler episode. Good god... His stupidity is rising exponentially. 16 more weeks... i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

BioAlien
Thu, 12-08-2005, 06:59 AM
annoying, but at least we could see Neji move, even if it was just a filler

i just wish the next episode will be the end of thats "Scooby Doo" arc lol

Carnage
Thu, 12-08-2005, 07:07 AM
From here on out the producers might as well make random arcs, like the Adventures of Naruto and CAPTAN PLANET! Now that would be better than this shit.

el_boss
Thu, 12-08-2005, 07:26 AM
I was a little surprised to see that everyone hated this ep. I thought it was good. The fight was a little taste of how the fights used to be, not just raw power (we got to see Neji in action, yay). I didn't find Naruto annoying at all, he was just eager to get the villain (which obviously isn't Koumei). It was cool that the ghost-ninja "bit the cyanid" so they wouldn't find out who it was. The water ninjas lokked alittle like the "lucky/unlucky" ninjas from the chuunin exam.

It's so obvious now that Mousei (the humble fat guy) is the villain that I'm thinking that it can't be him. Maybe it is though, Naruto isn't really the home of the most creative plot-twists.

Inazuma
Thu, 12-08-2005, 07:32 AM
Naruto 163 Subbed when Bleach 60 is out ...
With no doubt, if it's keeps going like this ... Naruto is doomed

ES
Thu, 12-08-2005, 08:34 AM
I dont mind Ten ten being useless, at least they showed her doing something. I can see now how it's going to end. The "bad guy" gets tied up and after unmasking, uttering the words.. "And I would have gotten away with it if it wasnt for you meddling kids."

Kraco
Thu, 12-08-2005, 08:41 AM
Aside from the fact that I have to agree with those who thought Naruto was far too annoying, even compared to his own usual character, I don't think this was all bad. There actually is some plot around, and I can't yet say for sure who is the real bad guy. That's positive after so many nobrainer fillers. It's pity what they are doing to Tenten, but on the other hand, attacks or tactics based on simple weapons never were the most succesful in Naruto, so maybe Tenten was doomed right from the beginning, anyway.

Well, at least we now know for sure that Tenten is not above admiring boys...

Divinity
Thu, 12-08-2005, 03:33 PM
LOL... It's so funny how when Naruto and the others were hiding in the grass from Sagi-sama. Who couldn't see a person in bright orange clothing? =D

Anyways... This was a decent episode. Also the mission didn't really quick and dumb like the bounty hunter mission. This is actually getting interesting.

Assertn
Thu, 12-08-2005, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by: Kensee
Well in the Manga ... yep ... up to this poitn he used it twice or three times! THATS IT! 1. Against Kabito, 2. vs Sasuke, 3. vs. Sasuke at Valley at the end.
Not true...
He used it twice on sasuke at the valley at the end, and he also used it as part of a diversion tactic to distract sakon and tayuya to steal the barrel. But close enough.

Oh yeah, it looks like naruto was eatting buffulo wings in that one resturant. I'm soo glad Kakashi didn't go with them to this village, It would of downplayed his "I'm too cool for fillers" image.

Now that you mention it, Kakashi is probably the "help that comes too late" or w/e the next week title is.

Originally posted by: Divinity
LOL... It's so funny how when Naruto and the others were hiding in the grass from Sagi-sama. Who couldn't see a person in bright orange clothing? =D
I was wondering more about why such a skilled observer-type ninja like neji resorted to such a lame stealth approach.

Necromas
Thu, 12-08-2005, 04:48 PM
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/452/animation8je.jpg

The bad animation demon strikes again!

masamuneehs
Thu, 12-08-2005, 05:06 PM
I loved this episode.

Wait, no, that was Bleach...

umm... did I even watch this episode? It blends in with the 1000Watt Ghost, the Phantom GoldMiner and the time Batman, Robin and the Harlem Globe Trotters all teamed up with the gang to...

Huh? This isn't the Scooby Doo section of the forum?

Well damn, this episode sure fooled me... I give some props for trying to make it less dramatic "Who will win?" but the ghost thing is coming off very cheesy, and only a very stoned Shaggy could tolerate Naruto's annoyance and idiocy.

Oh, and Tenten... wow... that's a character getting shat on royally in these fillers (her and Neji, I just feel so bad for them. Any cool they had is being washed down the crapper)

el_boss
Thu, 12-08-2005, 05:47 PM
Why is everyone so upset about Ten-Ten? She has always been useless and will always be useless. Her biggest achievment was to lose against Temari in the preliminaries.

Jadugar
Thu, 12-08-2005, 06:40 PM
Forgive me father for I have sinned.

Yes, I just watched Naruto 163. Isnt that a punishment in itself?

Necromas
Thu, 12-08-2005, 06:46 PM
I have a smashing idea for a filler episode that just might be worth watching!

They should just do an entire episode of all the intro and ending themes from the earlier seasons! But it would be a little more then one full episode with each intro/ending being like 1:37, so like throw in a few 2 minute skits in and call it a 2 episode special.

aznroyale
Thu, 12-08-2005, 06:49 PM
eps was alright to me

Terracosmo
Thu, 12-08-2005, 07:15 PM
It was funny that Neji and Tenten used the "ninja running" for a very short distance at one time towards the end of the episode. Looked stupid in a forced way.

Kraco
Thu, 12-08-2005, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by: el_boss
Why is everyone so upset about Ten-Ten? She has always been useless and will always be useless. Her biggest achievment was to lose against Temari in the preliminaries.

Because she's a decent character with potential otherwise. She doesn't whine all the time like Sakura, or isn't a loser by nature like Hinata. She actually tries to be a good ninja. But like I said earlier, and like you said, she doesn't exactly seem to have any skills that would be of much use in the world of Naruto, where empty hands always beat hands wielding weapons.

Edit: I guess that makes her an ironically tragic character...

Divinity
Thu, 12-08-2005, 08:51 PM
Yeah.... They need at least a cool female ninja character out of the genins.

Keno
Thu, 12-08-2005, 09:06 PM
I thought the episode was ok. Not good, but not too bad either. At least I like that they TRIED to make a good team fight against the bad guy. What I didnt like is that Naruto is now a worm?? LOL. That's a trademark move now? Must be his bloodline thingy... yea

XanBcoo
Thu, 12-08-2005, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by: Divinity
Yeah.... They need at least a cool female ninja character out of the genins.

They've got Temari, but by the time they make a Sand filler arc, they will have ruined her too...

Jadugar
Thu, 12-08-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by: XanBcoo
They've got Temari, but by the time they make a Sand filler arc, they will have ruined her too...

Yes. They made Hinata dance naked in the waterfall.

Then again if Temari does the same thing then that might not be such a bad idea/scene.i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

aznroyale
Thu, 12-08-2005, 10:08 PM
of course it wouldnt, everyone would love it

darkmetal505
Thu, 12-08-2005, 10:23 PM
is dattebayo's site down? im getting a ghostglow site or something.

Necromas
Thu, 12-08-2005, 10:47 PM
Naruto doesn't actually use earth jutsu's like a shinobi normally would to attack from underground, he digs through with his claws! Which is why he was the one that had to do it, assuming Neji and Ten-ten didn't know any earth jutsu skills.

ShinobiNiNaritai
Fri, 12-09-2005, 12:39 AM
This wasnt so bad in my opinion, outside of the animation and the obvious annoying character I'm loathe to mention "naruto" it was kinda interesting. And even though the subject is about a ghost (in a ninja story ???? who would have thunk that...oh yeah the current naruto filler story writers), it does move you a bit to find out what is going on and how the people pulling the strings are actually doing the pulling.

I was gonna say also that at least they didnt have Naruto use rasengan in this episode.
I definitely want to see the conclusion of this storyline and find out what is going on, I might be the only one though i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

heero
Fri, 12-09-2005, 01:29 AM
i didnt think it was that bad despite everyone else hating it

Carnage
Fri, 12-09-2005, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by: Jadugar

Originally posted by: XanBcoo

Yes. They made Hinata dance naked in the waterfall.

Then again if Temari does the same thing then that might not be such a bad idea/scene.

You might as well throw in Anko and Tsunadei/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Brandu
Fri, 12-09-2005, 09:28 AM
My first post and it is for such a lame filler...

Oh well...

This is such a scooby-Doo Episode, that the estates of Iwao Takimoto and Hanna Barbera should freakin' sue.

Anyone else here keeps looking at the apprentice and think he looks like Shaggy minus the goatee, and with glasses? He even EATS like Shaggy for chrissakes (remember in the Ramen shop?!
Here's my guess on plot...

the "Feudal Lord" is not the Son, the Son was the one killed. That is the sister posing as the lord to find the killer. She found the Son dead, and changed clothing with him.
The Ghost is a Ninja, hired by the Princess to flush out the killer using some kind of Puppet Jutsu
the Villian is actually working with a Water Country type villian, complete with Mist Ninja, to take over the land, which secretly has something valuable, like, say a Curry of Life Mine

How I see it break down:
Apprentice = Shaggy
TenTen = a Kick Ass Daphne
Neji = Fred
Naruto = Scobby Doo.

Well, I know I will be right when Characters resembling Don Knotts and Phyllis Diller show up.

Kraco
Fri, 12-09-2005, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by: Brandu

the "Feudal Lord" is not the Son, the Son was the one killed. That is the sister posing as the lord to find the killer. She found the Son dead, and changed clothing with him.

The lord had quite a manly voice. I think that prevents him from being a woman in disguise.

Ero-Fan
Fri, 12-09-2005, 12:22 PM
Poor Neji, he's gotta be thinking two things to himself:
1. What in God's name did I do to deserve getting stuck with Naruto all the time?
2. How the fuck did this moron ever beat me in the Chuunin exam?

Episode was alright, but god, they need to animate this shit better. Then it might be ok to watch. Naruto will end this rasenganing a tree or side of a house, just you watch; a step up from using it on a rock, hurray!

Mr Squiggles
Fri, 12-09-2005, 01:15 PM
yeah, it was ok... funniest things about this episode:
1. Neji smashing Naruto's face in the dirt
2. The guards not being able to see the ninjas, they were like 10m away and they were barely hidden by the grass, plus the orange suit might as well have been a beacon. If I was the lord I woulda fired those guards.
3. Naruto can dig through solid ground as if it were fricking butter but he cant even put a dent in some samurai's armor.

Brandu
Fri, 12-09-2005, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by: Kraco
The lord had quite a manly voice. I think that prevents him from being a woman in disguise.

I dunno....

That was a VERY feminine face.

The fact that TenTen mentioned that he was cute seems to me to be a classic setup for that being a female, just like Naruto thinking that Haku was a cute chick.

If she was twins with the son they probably practiced taking each other's places as twins sometimes do in stories.

Anyway. I think that is how it will play out. That's why nobody can get close to the new "lord" cause then she'd be found out... she can manitain the masquerade from a distance or with people who dont know very well, but of course not with childhood friends.

ShinobiNiNaritai
Fri, 12-09-2005, 06:45 PM
You know that is not a bad plot twist and with the other hypothetical things you said they would turn out to make this arc just a little better. But knowing how the storylines have been going so far, I doubt that they make it that interesting. Its probably gonna be that the ninja is someone who is in the Bird country garrison but has some inate ninja skills (kinda like a bloodline trait) and the Musho or whatever his name is (seemingly good guy) is actually the bad guy, Whereas the Koumei is actually a good guy working to help the rightful Fuedal lord get his position and secure it. Maybe even the ghost is actually the fuedal lord in disguise trying to find out who killed his dad or something like that.
But yeah I didnt think it was completely bad, it did interest me enough for me to want to see the ending of it.

Necromas
Fri, 12-09-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by: Mr Squiggles
yeah, it was ok... funniest things about this episode:
1. Neji smashing Naruto's face in the dirt
2. The guards not being able to see the ninjas, they were like 10m away and they were barely hidden by the grass, plus the orange suit might as well have been a beacon. If I was the lord I woulda fired those guards.
3. Naruto can dig through solid ground as if it were fricking butter but he cant even put a dent in some samurai's armor.

Obviously he went Kyuubi as soon as he went underground and went back to normal right when he came out, so the others couldn't see.

Mr Squiggles
Fri, 12-09-2005, 08:09 PM
Yeah that must be in, Naruto has secret underground fox powers. It's so obvious, cant believe I missed it...

darkmetal505
Fri, 12-09-2005, 11:43 PM
i think naruto knows how to melt

Mr Squiggles
Sat, 12-10-2005, 01:50 AM
Or maybe his father was a mole... I mean, we've never actually seen him right? It would also explain why Naruto is so stupid.

anbu41
Sat, 12-10-2005, 05:17 AM
i was so bored after watching this, i decided to watch the Naruto movie again. it's still a great movie.

LobsterMagnet
Sat, 12-10-2005, 01:19 PM
Do not ever call the naruto movie great it sucked as much as the fillers.
Just finished watching the new episode man did it suck badly. Especially after watching a few episodes of good old fashioned real naruto (showing them to a new friend). I'm getting pissed everything just isn't compelling. Story sucks animation looks dull and washed out. New character designs suck as well (god christ sake did you see those new cannon fodder ninja they didn't even have faces or noses). I've said it once and I'll say it again kakshi gaiden cannot come soon enough.

Naruto_Fan
Sat, 12-10-2005, 06:22 PM
haha~ yea. i agree how the naruto movies weren't that good.

anywayas, i guess alot of people will agree with me in that the naruto anime is getting bland. i mean i've tolerated and watched through all the fillers and given some leeway in that i know the fillers aren't supposed to be that good because they're totally going off on a tangent from the manga's storyline.

i'm thinking that after the current "ghost" arc in the bird country ends, they'll go back to konoha village and they'll start the kakashi gaiden. i mean how awesome would it be if we start seeing the kakashi gaiden. i really wouldn't mind if they did the kakashi gaiden and made it last until spring 2006. how awesome would it be to see obito, rin, and yondaime? and maybe we can see the sannin and maybe like jiraiya teaching yondaime or something like that.

LobsterMagnet
Sat, 12-10-2005, 08:48 PM
That would be really really awesome but it's not going to happen. Kakashi gaiden was only about five chapters probably translate into 2-3 episodes 4 max. Meaning if they did do something like that they would have to write new filler material to flesh it out for sixteen weeks. I think that the anime team has throughly proven that they are not capable of writing original material. Which is really kinda sad considering how much stuff there is to work with in the naruto universe. I see next storyline having naruto go on a quest with ino, shika, and chouji to fight some new generic villain in a country we don't care about. Only thing that could come close to redeeming this is if they animation team figured out a way to somehow bring gamabunta into the mix. That might make me happy.

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 12-10-2005, 09:31 PM
It's not the animation teams' responsibility to make up interesting storylines, it's their job to make it look pretty.

ShinobiNiNaritai
Sat, 12-10-2005, 11:49 PM
Isnt there some place that we can send our comments to that will get to the writers or producers of the show? You know like a suggestion box/email so that we can at least let them know how much they are torturing us with this sub-par naruto fillers.

masamuneehs
Sun, 12-11-2005, 12:25 AM
Ya know, actually, I'm going to recant on some of my earlier negativity.

My sister made me watch this episode with her, and honestly, I think the storyline is probably the most thought out one out of all the fillers. We still don't know who is the bad guy (though I don't think its the Tactician, as he's too clearly marked as the baddie, and like Neji pointed out, it looks like he was framed).

My money is on Mousou (the humble fat guy) and the guy they sent to Konoha to commission the ninja. I think that servant guy with the glasses is LYING! I don't think he was ever childhood friend's with the Feudal Lord ("This man is just my servant" says the daimyo). I don't think the tactician is really that against the Feudal Lord. I think Mousou's humbleness is a sham. The guy was sent to Konoha without enough money to commission a proper team because they need dupes (Naruto) to get this Tactician guy out of the picture, for god knows what reason...

or maybe i just really want this arc to be good because I'm desparate for decent Naruto action...

darkmetal505
Sun, 12-11-2005, 06:49 PM
well the first person you suspect to be the villian, usually isnt; and its usually the last person youd expect. Then you come to expect that all the time and it turns out to be the first guy.

Carnage
Mon, 12-12-2005, 08:35 PM
But then it would be a suprise if it were the first guy cuz now were not expecting it to be him....*the plot twists*i/expressions/devil.gif

V
Wed, 12-14-2005, 03:40 AM
This ep stayed on my computer for a whole week until I finally watched it. Shoulda deleted it when I had the chance. I am now dumber for having watched it. I'm telling you, they should just have some nonsensical competition like poker or caps. Just pick random people to win or lose. Doesn't matter who wins. Just have some unexpected luck every now and then.

heero
Wed, 12-14-2005, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by: darkmetal505
well the first person you suspect to be the villian, usually isnt; and its usually the last person youd expect. Then you come to expect that all the time and it turns out to be the first guy.

well maybe they are tricking u. maybe they expect you to think that it wont be the first person so you would think its the last person but its actually the first person thats the villian. make sense? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

KoKo37
Wed, 12-14-2005, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by: heero

Originally posted by: darkmetal505

well maybe they are tricking u. maybe they expect you to think that it wont be the first person so you would think its the last person but its actually the first person thats the villian. make sense?

ok let me get this strait its pretty confusing i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif, ok he said you expect to be the first guy, then u relize that it would be to obvious and try to think of someone you would least expect. ( years of watching scooby-doo and you will learn this i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif ) but the its like a trick trick so while your thinking of someone you'd least expect they'll put in the person you expect to see to make you go "d'oh" lol, then you said basicly what he said... i think.. confusing altogether but honestly with this bad of a story im going to stick with scooby-doo -.- lol

/.\/0t3 this is only waht i think he meant i think im right though may be wrong i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

ShinobiNiNaritai
Wed, 12-14-2005, 09:04 PM
Yep,
Exactly what you said KoKo, Exactly right. Its what the plot twist/trick is. I wont bother to repeat it cos I think everybody got it...the first guy. i/expressions/rolleye.gif
Anyway, I wonder if todays episode will be end of this story and another wacky one will rear its fugly head.

fahoumh
Sat, 12-24-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by: Giboc
Naruto goes through lobotomy after every filler episode. Good god... His stupidity is rising exponentially. 16 more weeks...

Tell me about it....I've been having difficulty getting through these filler episodes