So lets see what we got here:

-Fastball Special
-Juggernaut
-Angel
-Beast
Callisto
-Wolverine being badass as usual
-Magneto being an asswhole as usual
-Mystique doing jump rope (best clip ever) i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Keep in mind that no special effects have been put in yet so some of the things you see will look very different(like Storm doing the spin while knocking the guards down), and btw that is not Scarlet Witch who's with Magneto in the forest

ps: click on the hd trailers

Assassin
Tue, 12-06-2005, 06:34 PM
argh!! everytime i click on the link, i get a broken quicktime icon. This has been happening to me alot lately. any suggestions?

Edit:

ok works now. i had to install stupid quicktime 7.

Edit 2:

wow, this movie looks awsome. I really hope it lives up to fan expectations, and doesn't disappoint. With characters such as beast, angel and the pheonix, i dont see how they can fit it all into a 2 hour movie.

Terracosmo
Tue, 12-06-2005, 08:32 PM
Is Gambit in it?

GhostKaGe
Tue, 12-06-2005, 08:46 PM
suprised they havn't managed to fit gambit in there yet i havn't heard anything about him being init

Terracosmo
Tue, 12-06-2005, 08:50 PM
SHITMOVIE

But I'll still watch it because Kelsey Grammer as Beast is just hilarious. I mean I can see the sophisticated talking being spot-on, but the rest of it... :S

And why the hell include CALLISTO of all people?!

nests
Wed, 12-07-2005, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by: Assassin
argh!! everytime i click on the link, i get a broken quicktime icon. This has been happening to me alot lately. any suggestions?

Edit:

ok works now. i had to install stupid quicktime 7.

Edit 2:

wow, this movie looks awsome. I really hope it lives up to fan expectations, and doesn't disappoint. With characters such as beast, angel and the pheonix, i dont see how they can fit it all into a 2 hour movie.

This has also been happening to me I even intall the new quick time but it still doesnt work i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif Please someone help

Assassin
Wed, 12-07-2005, 01:36 PM
make sure its its quicktime 7, and not quicktime 6.

For some reason if u use the updater, it tells u that quicktime 6.5.something is the fully updated version. U have to go the the site and download the itunes.exe file which comes with quicktime7.

Raven
Wed, 12-07-2005, 06:54 PM
This movie looks like it's gonna be good... but I just can't see Kelsey Grammer as the Beast. The voice suits, but that's about it. It'll ruin the illusion to see him in this movie, imo.

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Wed, 12-07-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
SHITMOVIE

But I'll still watch it because Kelsey Grammer as Beast is just hilarious. I mean I can see the sophisticated talking being spot-on, but the rest of it... :S

they said gambit didnt have a place in the story so to avoid messing up his character (and to avoid the following beatings by gambit fanboys and fangirls) they didnt put him in the movie. i hear rumors of a standalone wolverine movie being planned so theres always hope that he appears there

Paulyboy
Wed, 12-07-2005, 08:11 PM
Dude awesome trailer!!!! and the phoenix, the fighting scenes are gonna be awesom i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Mite Gai
Thu, 12-08-2005, 06:11 PM
Well, as awesome as the trailer looks, since Gambit has always been my favorite X-Man it automatically loses points for me with his abscence, especially after the quick cameo of him in X-2 with the mutant files.

Psyke
Fri, 12-09-2005, 06:03 AM
Can't wait for this movie! Most of the characters looks great, and although this will be the last film of the series, I'm also looking forward to the Wolverine spin off movies.

Carnage
Fri, 12-09-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by: mr3vi1m0nk3y

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
SHITMOVIE

they said gambit didnt have a place in the story so to avoid messing up his character (and to avoid the following beatings by gambit fanboys and fangirls) they didnt put him in the movie. i hear rumors of a standalone wolverine movie being planned so theres always hope that he appears there

Wow, it looks pretty good. But i still cant believe they havent put gambit in yet. He badass X-men character #2. Of course wolverine is #1. I think the fanboys/girls should still pummel the director cuz hes not in the movie. All they have to do is not fuck up his character. And about his place in the story, how did the pyro guy from the last movie fit in with the story? you might as well replace him or someone of lesser value (well, i actually liked the pyro guy, but thats not the point) with gambit. Oh well. The movie looks good.

Giboc
Fri, 12-09-2005, 05:22 PM
After watching that preview, I'm not exactly sure what the plot of the movie will be. Something about a mutant cure? That was one of the first few episodes of the cartoon that aired way back... And it had Cable and Apocalypse in it...

(and on a side note, does it piss anyone else off that getting quicktime requires you to get iTunes as well?)

ChiaCheese
Sat, 12-10-2005, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by: Giboc

(and on a side note, does it piss anyone else off that getting quicktime requires you to get iTunes as well?)
you don't need to download itunes. just download the quicktime standalone player.

Standalone Player (http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/standalone.html)

Mite Gai
Fri, 12-16-2005, 08:25 PM
Or just uninstall iTunes afterwards. I can't stand that piece of crap trying to screw with my settings.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 12-22-2005, 12:31 PM
I'm wasn't very impressed by it. Kinda looked mediocre to me. Then again different directors whose not Bryan Singer so my hopes arn't particularlly high. I'll probably see it but at this time I can't help but feel a bit skeptical.

Psyke
Mon, 01-02-2006, 04:36 AM
Psylocke has been confirmed in the movie. No official pics yet but you can check out a pic of the actress here (http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=3730).

Kensee
Mon, 01-09-2006, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by: Psyke
Psylocke has been confirmed in the movie. No official pics yet but you can check out a pic of the actress here (http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=3730).

.... SWOOON!

Anyhow I'm curious, was the guy standing behind Magneto in the forest setting ... was he Jugguarnart? Or was he the one inside that reinforced cage ...

Iono how this is gonna play out .. two hours is short for an ending, hope it goes well =D.

dantheman62
Mon, 01-30-2006, 12:59 AM
man i'm just glad the Phoenx saga is going to begin finally.....because that was a good story in the comics.

anphorus
Mon, 01-30-2006, 01:11 AM
I heard that Vinnie Jones (who playes Juggernaut) is under contract for two more moives, which means that there will probably two more sequels. Hurrah!

Psyke
Mon, 01-30-2006, 10:22 PM
The 2 movies might be referring to the Wolverine or Magneto spinoffs though, and not an actual X-men movie.

uzumaki_naruto_03
Sat, 02-04-2006, 12:21 AM
-pouts- I was hoping Kurt Wagner would be in X-3 =T_T= I like fuzzy blue elfs from Deutschland wonders why Allen Cumming didnt want to play him

Xollence
Sat, 05-27-2006, 01:27 PM
X-3 was awesome. I don't know why people hated it so much.

gr3atfull
Sat, 05-27-2006, 01:36 PM
I envy you. I wanted to go see it today, but my parents said no since I already went to the movies last week to see the Da Vinci Code. So, now I am downloading it and it is taking forever.

XanBcoo
Sat, 05-27-2006, 02:47 PM
This movie was a lot better than I expected. I really liked how they worked in the Phoenix. That was a cool concept I think. Also, for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, stay after the credits for a short scene. Ah, Hollywood sentimentality...

Also, best line of the movie came when Shadowcat trappd the Juggernaut in the floor, and he replied:
"Don't you know who I am?"
"..."
"I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!"

dragonrage
Sat, 05-27-2006, 04:03 PM
this movies sucked. Could have been much better, and the fight scenes were weak really really weak. Dude they screwed this movie up. I want my money back, fuck opening night.

Deblas
Sat, 05-27-2006, 04:55 PM
I agree with Dragon. Movie could have been a lot better. Archangle did pretty much nothing in this movie. It was pretty much "I'm Archangel, a popular mutant in the X-men series........kay bye!" I was really dissapointed in that. And of course, Gambit did not even make a cameo appereance. They made Shadowcat a main character here and they didn't even have Gambit as a cameo!? wtf?!

I was also wondering why my friends were having a fit of laughter after Juggernaut said "Do you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut bitch!" I thought it was because the line was sort of lame. But then I found out that that line comes from an X-Men fandub that had Juggernaut say that line all the time. Did the director really thought everyone would get that?

Anyway, ending sucked also. So much for the saying "the last one is always the best one".

Yukimura
Sat, 05-27-2006, 05:23 PM
I'm the Juggernaut, Bitch! source (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4qdX6_9XgI) If you don't like it after the first minute or so (many of you won't) just turn it off.

Still haven't gone to see this bitch, I was supposed to go today with my family, but people kept coming over to my house and talking with my mom. FUCK!

darkshadow
Sat, 05-27-2006, 05:41 PM
-pouts- I was hoping Kurt Wagner would be in X-3 =T_T= I like fuzzy blue elfs from Deutschland wonders why Allen Cumming didnt want to play him

play xmen the official movie game, its set between x2 and x3, it explains why he isnt in x2

XanBcoo
Sat, 05-27-2006, 08:30 PM
this movies sucked. Could have been much better, and the fight scenes were weak really really weak. Dude they screwed this movie up. I want my money back, fuck opening night.
I thought the fight scenes were pretty awesome. Seeing the mutant skirmish outside the place they kept Leech was great. Ian McKellen tossing flaming cars, Beast fighting like, well...a beast, and Wolverine slashing more faces than I could count. The action was fun to watch imo.

I was really afraid that the whole movie would just be random introduction of characters to please fans and show off special effects. There was some of that to a degree (like any scene in the mansion, or when Callisto, the fast girl, randomly zipped around), but the bulk of the movie was its story and action, which I thought were really really good. It was brave of them to pull some major cards by killing a few characters, but I think it worked and played out nicely in the end. That's just my opinion though.

And yeah, basically any movie willing to include an internet meme like the Juggernaut joke instantly earns my respect. I was a little disappointed that no one else around me got it. I was the only one clapping :(.

dragonrage
Sat, 05-27-2006, 09:45 PM
-----------------------------**** SPOILER HEAVY ****---------------------------

Reasons, why i thought the movie sucked:

1. Wolverine was to cocky, his ego has grown ten full since the last movie. Yes he is badass, and one of my favorite characters., but he is savage in nature as well as brutal, not just cocky. The movie basically centered around him. 80 % of it was him and only him, which is not bad if there was more savagery, but i guess they did this to so that kids could watch it.

2. In X2 and in X3. Where was charles' telapathic ablities? He is considered one of the most powerful mutants in the world and yet the made him look like more of a cripple than he actually is. In X1 charles was badass, I mean he stopped a bullet with his mind how freaking awsome is that, all x-men fans know this.

3. Jugganut was totally miss casted, the guy that they chose is a good actor/ex soccor player. But this role was not made for him. Where was the animosity toward charles, where was the hatred, the fear, the uncontrollable power house that he is. Also as a reminder he is not a mutant, so leech's powers should not affected him, but that is excuseable, without charles the is no real way to stop him. Also he is suppose to be alseep all the time cause because steel or concret is not suppose to be a problem for him. The voice killed it for me, his character was not reflected in it.

4. Magneto was taken down like a bitch, his ending was so anti-climatic, that could have been done way better. Although i must admit, the part where is admitted that Charles' death was a great lost showing his respect for him was totally awsome. That was one of the best parts of the movie.

5. Pheonix, was a total let down, there was no fire, why? Yes she is suppose to be unstable and the fire is what was use to show that. Those people you saw being vaporized, fire is what instantly incenerated them combined with her telapathic ablities. Also she was suppose to fly into the sun and try to kill herself, but that was another change good or bad i am not sure as of yet. Did you notice that she died the same why wolverine killed magneto. It would have been awsome to see those claws coming through the other side of her. There were no fire wings, even after we saw them under the water at the end of X2.

5. Arcangel, he is another one of my favorite characters, he was basically there just to explain why the "cure" came into being to begin with. What a let down, after seeing him on poster i thought that he would have had a bigger role.

6. Iceman vs. Pryo this fight had potential, instead it was ended with a head butt. Son of a bitch.

Things that I like.

1. Magneto crushing cars, admitting his respect and grief for charles. Leaving mistique out in the cold, moving the bridge.

2. Wolverine getting his ass handed to him by Jugganut while it lasted. Wolverine kicking the guy in the peas and carrots. Being called "kid" by beast and calling beast "fur ball", original dialog for the comics.

3. Beast kicking ass for the few seconds that he did fight.

4. Storm actually doing the typhon attack from the games.

5. Xavier coming back at the end after the credits, that is by far the best scene in the whole movie to me.

I know that it is a movies and that the original story/ backgrounf cannot be kept at all time. But the core element should atleast be expressed. This was hard to do since there are so many characters in x-men it damn near fimpossible. But even so it could have been done better, it could been more developed and better expressed. It let down my expectations. Its not what i expected.

Raven
Sat, 05-27-2006, 10:17 PM
I dunno if that internet reference thing was intentional. It's not that old is it? And this movie's been in production for a fair while.

Anyway, overall I thought the movie was very shallow and lacking. I still enjoyed it though. I wanted to be blown away but, ehh.

I'm sorry, but the Juggernaut totally ruined it for me. They just totally stuffed him up. WHY did he have that accent? WHY was he made to be a mutant? WHY was he wearing a tin-foil helmet? WHY was he just so incredibly lame in every way?

I really hate the way the movies ruin all the X-men lore. People aren't related like they should be. Characters die when it doesn't make sense. How many main characters died in X-3? I found it really irritating, and I'm not even that hardcore of an X-men fan.

Some interesting trivia:

Josh Holloway was offered the role of Gambit, but turned it down because the character was too similar to his character on "Lost" (2004). As a result, the character was never added to the film since this would have been a special cameo put in later had Josh decided to sign on.

Halle Berry had initially decided not to reprise her role as Storm for this film, citing lack of character development in the previous two installments and a tense relationship with director Bryan Singer. However, after Singer's departure and suffering a major box-office flop with Catwoman (2004), Berry agreed to return on the condition that her role be expanded. Consequently, in this film Storm serves as leader of the X-Men.

ChaosK
Sat, 05-27-2006, 10:58 PM
My first reaction to Pyro vs Iceman.

"HOLY SHIT ITS DRAGON BALL Z!:eek: "

sorry.

Assertn
Sat, 05-27-2006, 11:00 PM
Why was magneto wearing his helmet after charles died?

XanBcoo
Sat, 05-27-2006, 11:32 PM
I really hate the way the movies ruin all the X-men lore. People aren't related like they should be. Characters die when it doesn't make sense. How many main characters died in X-3? I found it really irritating, and I'm not even that hardcore of an X-men fan.

I just think of it in the sense that the movies follow their own continuity. So things that aren't "faithful" to the original story don't bother me at all. I know that, for example, the Juggernaut is a mutant in some comics and in others he gets his power from some gem or something. The movie uses familiar names and powers, but develops its own story and character developments. I liked what they did with it. Like I already said, I loved the concept they used to introduce Pheonix.

My first reaction to Pyro vs Iceman.

"HOLY SHIT ITS DRAGON BALL Z! "
Heh, that's exactly what I thought as well. I agree that that could have been an awesome fight, but it ended up kinda boring.

darkshadow
Sun, 05-28-2006, 12:45 AM
You guys wont believe me, but psylocke was actually in this movie..........yes she was T_T..
i forgave everything they changed in this movie, and actually think it rox, but what they did to psylocke is unforgivable

ChaosK
Sun, 05-28-2006, 12:51 AM
You guys wont believe me, but psylocke was actually in this movie..........yes she was T_T..
i forgave everything they changed in this movie, and actually think it rox, but what they did to psylocke is unforgivable

...Sorry, who the hell is psylocke?

gr3atfull
Sun, 05-28-2006, 11:15 AM
^^
Betsy Braddock, she is a asian telepath with purple hair.
I am going the watch the movie tomorrow. By reading the posts, it doesnt seem it was so great. But what happens to Rogue, is she ignored or does she do something?

edit: oh yeah, and she falls in love with Angel.

darkshadow
Sun, 05-28-2006, 11:45 AM
yeah betsy braddock ( well actually she only uses that name before the body switch thing--which could make a badass movie >_>--- ) and no rogue was useless since x1, and still is, you see her in the beginning and way at the end lol.
for those that dont know psylocke:
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/438/legendspsylocke6oz.th.jpg (http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?image=legendspsylocke6oz.jpg)
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/8599/uncannyxmen8mn.th.jpg (http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uncannyxmen8mn.jpg)
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/7516/psybach8oq.th.jpg (http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?image=psybach8oq.jpg)
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/3387/psylockeuncanny4cn.th.jpg (http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?image=psylockeuncanny4cn.jpg)
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/636/psylockeuncanny27ju.th.jpg (http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?image=psylockeuncanny27ju.jpg)

gr3atfull
Sun, 05-28-2006, 11:52 AM
:(
First no Gambit, now no more Rogue.... X-Men without Rogue is horrible....

I think I am going to rewatch the X-men cartoons that was aired in the ~1990.

fahoumh
Sun, 05-28-2006, 01:42 PM
Saw this movie last night and it was simply okay....nothing was done really poorly but at the same time nothing was that great. I was expecting the fight between Iceman and Pyro to be drawn out a little longer than it was. Rogue was as useless as ever. Overall, I'd give this movie a 7/10.

ChaosK
Sun, 05-28-2006, 02:56 PM

Wasn't there something like "X-men revolution" or something? A new cartoon that came out years later with better animation and such...

edit: found out it was "X-men evolution"

gr3atfull
Sun, 05-28-2006, 04:22 PM
No. I meant the older ones. They were aired from 1992 to 1997. The one you are talking about came out few years ago. I saw all of the episodes. It is about the mutants but when they are in their teens. They dont show it anymore. They used to be on YTV on saturday morning.

Lefty
Sun, 05-28-2006, 05:12 PM
I saw this film with little hope of it being good. I was surprised to see that it was eehhh. I've seen better but I 've seen worse. This movie was just what the hell. Fox should have waited for the original director to come back and do it.

Terracosmo
Sun, 05-28-2006, 05:27 PM

That's a great series.

I used to have all the episodes on my PC but I had to remove them.
I actually found the torrent here, so if anyone still knows where to get that, I'd love that person to death...

ChaosK
Sun, 05-28-2006, 05:51 PM
No. I meant the older ones. They were aired from 1992 to 1997. The one you are talking about came out few years ago. I saw all of the episodes. It is about the mutants but when they are in their teens. They dont show it anymore. They used to be on YTV on saturday morning.

I know but I rather like X-Men Evolution.

Yukimura
Sun, 05-28-2006, 06:01 PM
For Terra (http://www.mininova.org/search/?search=x+men+season)
I believe all the episodes of X-Men and X-Men Evolution can be acquired from this list.

I recommend this (http://www.mininova.org/get/181549) as it has all 5 seasons of the original series in one batch torrent, their quality is what you might expect from 90's tv rips, but as far as I can tell they all work, and aren't so terrrible you can't watch them. In my opinion anyway.

EDIT: Forgot to talk about the movie...Meh, is all I can say though. It was alright, but a lot of bridges were burned, fortunately the last secene (pre credits) was there to provide a spot of hope for fans, though with the way they handled this movie I'd be hesitant to pay for tickets again, awesome special effects or not. Anyway, my favorite part was definately the scene I just mentioned, that little flicker of movement in the chess piece literally made my heart skip a beat.

Terracosmo
Sun, 05-28-2006, 06:06 PM
Yukimura Sanada, I love you with all my Terracosmic sexiness.

gr3atfull
Sun, 05-28-2006, 06:42 PM
@Yukimura: Thank you. I loved that series. I watched them all, but forgot everything except the 1rst episode with Jubilee attacked by the Sentinels and sexy Gambit playing with his cards.;)

I guess I do have something to do during the summer time.

THANKS AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!

ChaosK
Sun, 05-28-2006, 08:37 PM
What does TAS stand for? :confused:

gr3atfull
Sun, 05-28-2006, 08:41 PM
TAS = The animated series

Carnage
Sun, 05-28-2006, 10:08 PM
I think they just had to have Jean die. There were some pretty big plot holes that I noticed. Like for instance, why didnt Wolverine just throw the kid with the power to take away mutant power towards Jean so she would go back to normal or atleast not hurt anybody for the moment? He also could have injected one of those needles into her. I know this wouldnt really work in the real series where Jean isnt only a mutant. But in the movie, she only was a mutant, so these two tactics would have worked.

And last but not least,

WHERE THE FUCK IS GAMBIT? T_T

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 05-29-2006, 01:08 AM
heres something I wrote up at another forum, a lot of it has already been said.

WARNING SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Well going into this I expected it to be badass and follow the general story of the original X-Men like the past two movies. But this one was just way too far out there. I mean Scott Summers (Cyclops) dying withing the first half hour of the movie was just ridiculous. Not even in a battle. Just cause he hugged bitch **** Jean. Then she down's the proffesor like its nothing too. I mean I know it's big and bad Phoenix but she fucking kills two of the most popular characters (cyclops probably being the second most popular next to Wolverine) in a blink of an eye. And entire X-Men movie without Cyclops is like a Spiderman movie without Spiderman. It just seems like they died for nothing. They didn't die like a true hero should. I understand the proffesor considering he can't really fight to begin with but Cyclops just getting evaporated for nothing pisses me the fuck off. Then when they go to fight and they were bitching about them being outnumbered all I could think about was WHERE THE FUCK IS THAT NICE SCALEY BLUE MAN WITH A TAIL WHO TELEPORTS EVERYWHERE AND RAPES PEOPLE FOR FREE!? (nightcrawler for all you tards) YOU DIDNT SPEND A WHOLE 30 MINUTES ON HIM IN THE LAST MOVIE OR ANYTHING!? FOR FUCKING NOTHING I LOVE IT. He's even one of the main characters in the video game. Makes no sense what so ever. Rogue is a fucking chicken shit whore in this movie, she could've went after Phoenix somehow and used her 'touch me and die' move on Phoenix or something but she has to be a selfish fuck and cry like it's her job.

Highlights of the movie-

"I'm the Juggernaut BITCH!!!!" went crazy when I heard that lmao

when kitty says something like "dickhead" to juggernaut that pwned.

any scene with Kitty in it

Beast stabbing magneto with the 'cure' x4

FULL BODDIED ICE MAN FUCKING RAPEAGE STRAIGHT SAUCE "MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE STAYED IN SCHOOL" as soon as he said that and it was kinda quiet I pretty much yelled out "BITCH!!!" and got instant laughs. Probably THE best part of the movie out of all of em.

The bitch**** getting slaughtered by Logan

Mystique taking the shot for Magneto

When Magneto bitches out Pyro for saying he would've killed the Proffessor. Because he is the epitomy of badass and Magneto knows it. Which is what makes these movies so great. They fight for their causes but neither wanted to ever see the other die.

Any scene with Pyro in it.

The very last scene of Magneto in the park sitting by himself at the chess table. Then all of a sudden.....BUM CHESS PIECE MOVED NICCAZ

lol yea that was a lot.

So all together I have to say the negatives negate a lot of the positives but it's still a good movie overall.

And I'm kicking myself in the head right now but WHAT HAPPENED AFTER THE CREDITS!? I read something about Charles Xavier coming back!? ahhh what happeened?

6Zabuza9
Mon, 05-29-2006, 03:13 AM
watched it, and all i have to say was that most of the mutants didnt have enough screen time, like collosus and angel

Raven
Mon, 05-29-2006, 08:38 AM
Angel didn't really do anything, he just... flew around a bit. Predictably he saved his dad of course.

Cal_kashi
Mon, 05-29-2006, 10:11 AM
Heres what bugs me the most, When magnetto picked up the GG bridge, it was obviously daytime. When he puts it down its darf night time. WTF?

ChaosK
Mon, 05-29-2006, 10:33 AM
Dur...Storm?

I didn't see what happened at the end after the credits either. I think I went to the movies with idiots because I was the only one who caught the chess piece move. All my friends were like "maybe your eye twtiched or something..." then they go online and are like "SHIT...IT MOVED?"

Yukimura
Mon, 05-29-2006, 02:59 PM
a) Storm hadn't arrived yet,
b) Storm couldn't make it as dark as it was with just clouds

It wasn't even dusk when he started moving the bridge, so the whole day night thing was probobly just a device for coolness, moving the bridge looks better in full light, a "Last Stand" fight looks better under flood lights.

Another of the many holes I noticed...if Magneto can pick up the GG bridge AND keep it from collapsing under its own weight with no supports then surely he could have picked up that prison building, which was most likely built of concrete reinforced with steel beams, and dropped it in the Bay, drowning said annoying kid.

Lefty
Mon, 05-29-2006, 05:18 PM
Heres what bugs me the most, When magnetto picked up the GG bridge, it was obviously daytime. When he puts it down its darf night time. WTF?

Thats what we call in the buisness a continuity error, a really big obvious continuity error.

@ yukimura: It would have been too easy for magneto to just pick up the building and drowned the kid. Cuz then the movie would have been over in the first thirty minutes.

Raven
Mon, 05-29-2006, 06:16 PM
They could have just taken a boat you know. No real need for the destruction of the bridge. I guess no land reinforcements can come that way.

Lefty
Mon, 05-29-2006, 06:23 PM
When i really look at this movie it really really sucks hard. Most of the plot is paper thin, and any minor hole is left open for the entire world to see.The guy who directed it is a total hack who couldn't tell a plot hole for his ass hole.

gr3atfull
Mon, 05-29-2006, 09:20 PM
Finally, I have seen the movie. It was good, but not good enough for an X-Men movie. The whole idea of a cure was stupid. They should just have stuck with the idea with the Sentinels and include all the famous mutants such as Gambit, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch and etc..

Was it me or does Arclight looks like Michael Jackson....

and Warren was good looking too bad he didnt do anything except of jumping out of nowhere and flying...

Plus, what was the thing with the scene after the credits. I have not seen it since it wasnt on the torrent I downloaded. What happened?

lilphatboi88
Tue, 05-30-2006, 01:41 AM
Yea, I really want to know what happened at the end of the credits. I hear Xavier returns. That would be awesome cause the movie would be nothing without Charles Xavier. And Halle Berry...Damn! Good thing she asked to have a bigger role.

Assassin
Tue, 05-30-2006, 02:29 AM
ya someone please either expain in FULL detail what happens after the credits, or post a link to the actual scene if one exists.

I didn't come into this thread for 3 days for fear of spoilers.....if only i had risked checking it out i would've known about the ending part :(.

anyway, all those people who are complainign about the pheonix, you have to realize that its impossible for them to follow the actualy pheonix story cuz its just WAAAAAYYY too hard to cover in 2 hours. I think they did a pretty good job of explaining her powers and the idea of the pheonix without having to use the original sotryline.

I am disappointed that we didn't see an actual flamming bird or something though. I was hoping jean would go crazy, fly up into the air, scream and be covered in flames shaped like a bird. Still, the scene with her on fire as logan tried to stop her was pretty well done. The flamming hair thing look absolutely beautiful.

Now, Juggernaut.....seriously wtf. i mean i can stand the gay looking cement helmet, i can stand the fact that they took away his super strength (he should've been able to break lose from that stupid holding cell) for some wierd momentum based power, i can even stant the fact that they didn't even hint at a connection with chalres xavier......BUT HIS FUCKING ACCENT!!! WHAT THE HELL!

Other than that i think the movie was pretty well done. Definately better then the first two. The action scenes were superb, and if you ignore the fact that they didn't stay true to the comics (which is understandable...its like an alternate universe, and it happes enough times in comics/series), then the movie was actually pretty good. You didn't have to be a hardcore fan to enjoy it or understand it, and i think thats why most people here (who seem to be hardcore fans) are disappointed. But you have to rememeber they're trying to cater to a general audience, not just the normal fans.

Ofcourse, stuff like angel not doing anyhitng, and shadowcat suddenly being introduced, complete with a love story was kinda annoying. But atleast we got to see a whole bunch of mutants going at each other, which is what the first two movies lacked.

All in all it was reasonably well done, and i'd even pay to see it again.

Oh, and before i finish, let me just say, i LOVED how they even showed the danger room trainign session with the sentinels. that was really awesome. I hope the next movie is based on the sentinnels.

Assertn
Tue, 05-30-2006, 02:36 AM
After credits spoiler:

After the credits, you see a hospital room scene, where a woman walks into the room and the man in the bed calls out to her....then she responds, saying, "Charles?"
.....and that's it.

From what I've been told, this scene was foreshadowed from the earlier scene where charles is teaching the classroom about some vegetable guy and the ability to transfer one's mind into another body. Supposedly just before he dies against the phoenix, he transferred his mind into some other body in a hospital room.

Aeon
Tue, 05-30-2006, 02:47 AM
Three movies and still no Gambit, yet we get every other mutant from the X-Men universe. I think the only part about this movie that I liked was the Danger Room in the beginning. Phoenix killing Scott in the beginning was awful, he deserved to atleast go out in battle not to be killed like cannon fodder while hugging some ugly chick.

I was expecting Juggernaut to say something bout his powers being magical when he was in the room with Leech but of course not they had to turn him into a mutant. Why couldn't he have been KO'd by Colossus(Did he even say a word this movie).

After credits(Spoiler)

Remember when Charles was teaching his class he put on a video of Moira and a mindless patient and asked would it be ethical to put another persons conscious into his body if they were sick? At the end of the movie it shows Moira's lab followed by

Moira-Good morning.

Charles voice-Hello Moira.

Moira-Charles

That's about as detailed as I can get.

*Edit* That's what I get for not hitting the submit button before going to go get something to eat :(.

Raven
Tue, 05-30-2006, 07:32 AM
Josh Holloway was offered the role of Gambit, but turned it down because the character was too similar to his character on "Lost" (2004). As a result, the character was never added to the film since this would have been a special cameo put in later had Josh decided to sign on.
That's what I read about Gambit. People keep mentioning him, so...

Terracosmo
Tue, 05-30-2006, 12:57 PM
omg, that's so lame.

1. Who the hell is even that Josh guy? There must be a million people who can act as Gambit equally good (or better of course).

2. WHO WOULD DECLINE THE ROLE AS -GAMBIT- FOR -LOST- ?!

Damn I hate that show

Assassin
Tue, 05-30-2006, 02:03 PM
lol ya...stupid bastard. Im kinda glad he turned it down, he doesn't really look like gambit.

Im also sorta glad gambit wasn't in this movie, what with all the other mutants he probably wouldn't have enough screen time. Theres pretty strong possibility of another movie comming out, and im really hoping they'll put gambit in that one, and make him a major character.

btw, thanx for the after credit info guys.

darkmetal505
Tue, 05-30-2006, 03:14 PM
Watched it, not to bad. They could have done a lot better though. Again, the messed up plenty of mutants by displaying them as something else. Best part was this random asian guy who couldn't believe the Golden Gate Bridge was being torn apart:

http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/3461/vlcsnap670192hk.png

gr3atfull
Tue, 05-30-2006, 03:19 PM
Thanks for telling the us the scene after the credits.

But I dont understand why did they add that scene. I see two options for that:

1- They try to add a happy ending that Charles survived?

2- They are telling us that a X-Men 4 coming in few years...

Assassin
Tue, 05-30-2006, 04:20 PM
i would say option 2, and heres why.

1. economically speaking, its in thier best interest of make more x-men movies
2. they also showed magneto getting his powers back, implying that the cure wasn't as permenant as they had hoped. this also means that mystique and rogue would get thier powers back as well.
3. if you've seen any of those interview with the cast on some of the late night talk shows, some of them (famke jensen from what i remember atleast) said that even though this one was called 'the last stand', there was going to be another movie. Granted, thats not official confirmation, but its a good sign.

XanBcoo
Tue, 05-30-2006, 04:24 PM
They might have been referring to the "Magneto" and "Wolverine" spinoff movies (both prequels) that have been more or less confirmed. I don't think there will be an X4.

Carnage
Tue, 05-30-2006, 06:22 PM
Bah, my problem isnt the acutal pheonix itself, but the way the X-men handled the situation. In the movie, gene is just a lv. 5 mutant, so you could do something like this:

kid who can deflect powers:) -------> Wolverine :( ------> Jean :mad:

Then

Wolverine :D (throws Kid):confused:------------------------> :eek: Jean

The kid supresses her powers. Badda bing, badda boom! Jean gets one of those shots and everyone lives happily ever after except for pyro. Hes a fag :mad:

gr3atfull
Tue, 05-30-2006, 06:31 PM
The kid's name is Leech. :)

eat_toast
Tue, 05-30-2006, 06:37 PM
For those who didnt know, rumor has it(seems true to me) that the reason Juggernaut says the line "Im the Juggernaut, Bitch!" in X3 is this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4qdX6_9XgI) video. All of my friends laughed really hard when he said that and I asked them afterwards, and they pointed out that video to me.

Assassin
Tue, 05-30-2006, 07:34 PM
first of all, can someone please post a link that isn't youtube....cuz it wont let you see it unless you're 18+ and you have to login as proff...i dont wanna sign up just for that.

They might have been referring to the "Magneto" and "Wolverine" spinoff movies (both prequels) that have been more or less confirmed. I don't think there will be an X4.

im pretty sure her exact words were "there will be a 4th movie"...or something pretty close. im 100% sure she said '4th movie' atleast. thats why i think she wasn't referring to the prequels.

and God#2, if they did that there would be no movie....thats about 34 different ways they could've had a peaceful resolution but then it wouldn't make for a very good movie.

besides, if you think about it, jean's a psychic....if you throw the kid at her, she'll probably kill him in mid air before he even gets close. rememebr what she did to those darts the army guys fired at her? and they were moving alot faster then the kid would have.

Carnage
Tue, 05-30-2006, 09:38 PM
If Wolverine was close enough to stab her with his claws, he was definatly close enough to inject her with one of those needles ling on the ground. :p

kAi
Tue, 05-30-2006, 09:54 PM
I would say there will be another movie.
I didn't think that they would be stopping with 3 movies.
Magneto getting his powers back and Charles being back.

Magneto and Wolverine are so badass!

Assassin
Tue, 05-30-2006, 10:02 PM
If Wolverine was close enough to stab her with his claws, he was definatly close enough to inject her with one of those needles ling on the ground. :p

rewatch that scene. he only managed to stab her cuz jean momentarily took control.

XanBcoo
Tue, 05-30-2006, 10:10 PM
She probably would have exploded those little needles anyway. The only way Wolverine got so close is because of his Adamantium skeleton.

darkshadow
Wed, 05-31-2006, 08:58 AM
and because jean was holding back phoenix, do you really think wolvie could regenerate everything if she just dissolved everything at once?

Assertn
Wed, 05-31-2006, 11:28 AM
I would say there will be another movie.
I didn't think that they would be stopping with 3 movies.
Magneto getting his powers back and Charles being back.

Magneto and Wolverine are so badass!

I heard the guy playing the juggernaut's was signed up for 2 more movies. So yeah, there will probably be more.

Kraco
Wed, 05-31-2006, 01:40 PM
Well, it was an ok movie, if you don't think about it too deeply. I really liked the special effects, as well. And Magneto was quite badass, which is the most important thing for me in X-Men movies. If he hadn't got his powers back, this would have been my last x-men movie, no matter if they make more or not. What comes to Angel, I think he got what he deserved: He was no superhero but a rich man's son, and probably flying over the battlefield was most action he had ever seen during his life.

And thanks for the explanation of the post credits scene. The only movies I have watched till the end of credits have been MIB and LOTRs, so I pretty much hit the road when the text started to scroll. It's good to know what the scene contained.

Why was magneto wearing his helmet after charles died?
If I went to a battlefield, I would also wear a helmet. That's what they taught at the army, as well.

Winged Dancer
Wed, 05-31-2006, 01:46 PM
I thought this movie was pretty weak compared to the second one. The killed major characters at the very beggining and didn't exploit new ones at all - sure Kitty Pryde and Colossus are cool but they're just powers, they've got no personality at all. And why introduce a love triangle between Kitty Pryde, Iceman and Rogue just to dissolve it so stupidly?

Magneto, however, is amazingly cool. Not only changing the landscape but hovering over it all - man... what they did to him was too cruel. Worst than death, for someone like Magneto.

BTW, I side with Mystique.

Angel needed more screen-time, and where is Nightcrawler? He was one of the best things about X2 and nowhere to be seen... perhaps he went back to Germany and became a priest.

Carnage
Wed, 05-31-2006, 02:57 PM
rewatch that scene. he only managed to stab her cuz jean momentarily took control.

That just proves my point even more. If Jean was holding back the Pheonix, Wolverine would be able to take his time to stab her with the needles just like he did with his claws. And no, Wolverine didnt survive because of his skeleton, but because of his regenerating powers. His clothes didnt come completely off, so the needles would have a chance. I still stick by throwing the kid though. if he can nullify any power, nothing would be able to touch him. The Juggernaught would be suitable to kill the kid beacuse even without his powers hes pretty big anyway. But if leech takes away Jean's power, she's got nothing.

LaZie
Wed, 05-31-2006, 03:03 PM
This movie was good if you were watching it for some good mutant action, but otherwise it wasn't as good as I thought it would be and my expectations weren't very high. What I don't like is that the cool characters were killed off so early and where the heck is NightCrawler?! (Yes I know why he isn't in the movie, but I must express myself :p)

Winged Dancer
Wed, 05-31-2006, 04:10 PM
Wolverine's pants weren't destroyed only because ALL pants in Hollywood are magically undestructible... we can't have a naked Wolverine running around now, could we? Sure, the females wouldn't mind but all of the males would be disgusted at the possibility of seeing Hugh Jackman's penis.

Well not all males, but most of them.

I agree with the needle thing, though. They were small enough for Wolverine to keep inside his palm, for instance, to keep them safe. Then just wait for Jean to regain control and be all angsty and stab her with the needles instead. Then they can be happy 'cause Scott isn't there anyway so they can have guilt-free sex and I dunno, I never paid much attention to that, maybe they do love each other or something.

6Zabuza9
Thu, 06-01-2006, 01:48 AM
i think all the needles were destroyed right when jean started todestroy everything. and also the needles might not work because since magneto is a powerful mutant and got his powers back, jean is even more powerful and probably will have like no effect by the needle and that she will still be insane and have 2 personalities

Kraco
Thu, 06-01-2006, 03:07 AM
and also the needles might not work because since magneto is a powerful mutant and got his powers back, jean is even more powerful and probably will have like no effect by the needle

That doesn't matter, because the X-Men thought the needles work perfectly. However, if I had believed they worked perfectly, I think killing might have been more merciful than using the needles. Using the needles would be a bit like using a laser to render a normal human (permanently) blind, or something equivalent. For some reason I kind of like scenes like that when they are done well, like this one was.

Assertn
Thu, 06-01-2006, 04:09 AM
If I went to a battlefield, I would also wear a helmet. That's what they taught at the army, as well.

Ah yes.....to protect you from stray bullets.....that are made of metal.

Kraco
Thu, 06-01-2006, 05:20 AM
Actually helmets are mainly meant to protect from shrapnels. And when things explode in general, there's a high chance of any kind of material flying around at high velocities. For example glass, which is quite nonmagnetic.

Well, I can't say I don't understand what you were going after originally, but on the other hand there was still Jean, who also had telepathic abilities in addition to the stronger telekinetic ones.

Assertn
Thu, 06-01-2006, 11:51 AM
Actually helmets are mainly meant to protect from shrapnels. And when things explode in general, there's a high chance of any kind of material flying around at high velocities. For example glass, which is quite nonmagnetic.

Well, I can't say I don't understand what you were going after originally, but on the other hand there was still Jean, who also had telepathic abilities in addition to the stronger telekinetic ones.

For Magneto being your reason to enjoy the X-men series, you don't seem to know much about him. The only reason why he always wore a helmet was to prevent Xavier from being able to get into his mind, or track his location.

Kraco
Thu, 06-01-2006, 12:08 PM
For Magneto being your reason to enjoy the X-men series, you don't seem to know much about him. The only reason why he always wore a helmet was to prevent Xavier from being able to get into his mind, or track his location.

Or maybe I just want to find logical reasons for details, and not let them bother me if that's possible at all. And this detail didn't much bother me. Generally speaking I watch movies for three reasons: For entertainment, for inspiration, and to appear civilized. So, being analytical about the movies is missing from my list. So, I guess you are right: I don't know much about him, even though he was my favorite character years and years ago when I read the comics, and in the cartoons, and now in the movies.

So, you can keep saying it was a sucky detail in the movie, but in my mind I don't want to force the movie to be worse by such thoughts. I just made up a reason for him to wear the helmet, and I'm happy with that reason.

Assertn
Thu, 06-01-2006, 01:18 PM
Excuse me? All I said was "Why was Magneto wearing his helmet after Charles died?"

What started as an attempt to question an element that was overlooked by the director has apparently turned into a personal attack about "sucky details." Sure someone could have brought up comic book references that showed he had a reason to continue wearing his helmet. Perhaps the helmet works against phoenix as well, or maybe he still knew deep down that he hasn't seen the last of Charles. Or you could, you know, infer that he thinks he's a US Marine fighting a war in Iraq or something.

For the record, I actually liked X3. You don't have to hate a movie to point out inconsistencies.

Kraco
Thu, 06-01-2006, 02:10 PM
Sorry if I made you feel like it was a personal attack. Wasn't my intention. However, I didn't ever say you were wrong. I just tried to offer some half-joking explanation why he was still wearing the helmet. The real reason no doubt was the fact the director didn't notice the inconsistency or it was because most of the time he had been wearing the helmet in battles, and so seeing him without it might make a part of the audience, however unjustifiably, annoyed by its absence.

But for me, it's just that I rather come up with some fictitious explanation instead of the real one. I suppose that was the clash between our thoughts.

Assassin
Thu, 06-01-2006, 06:19 PM
To clarify about the helmet, it wasn't something they overlooked. The helmet protects magneto from psychics....that is, ALL psychics. I can't recall a comic/series reference to this (perhaps someone else can), but in the first movie he mentions this when he's escaping from the train station (when xavier stops the bullet with this mind). Then in the second movie, near the end when he goes in to cerebro 2, that wheel chair mutant tries to use his powers on him, and magneto just smiles and points at his helmet.

So, in the movies atleast, the helmet protects him from having his mind exposed to any psychics he may encounter. Its not just specialized for xavier.

Knives122
Thu, 06-01-2006, 06:45 PM
I'm pretty sure Jean was the one that stopped the bullet, Charles can only control minds.

And Erics helmet does protect him from any and all mind altering abilities, they've referenced it in the movies, the 90s cartoon, the evolution cartoon and the comics.

ChaosK
Thu, 06-01-2006, 07:18 PM
I'm pretty sure Jean was the one that stopped the bullet, Charles can only control minds.

And Erics helmet does protect him from any and all mind altering abilities, they've referenced it in the movies, the 90s cartoon, the evolution cartoon and the comics.

Thats about everything referring to X-Men isn't it?

Knives122
Thu, 06-01-2006, 07:31 PM
hmmmmmmm, yep pretty much

Assassin
Fri, 06-02-2006, 09:51 PM

I seem to remember magneto mentioning xaviers name, when the bullet stops. And in the begining of the second movie, xavier freezes everyone in the museum when pyro lights that guy on fire. His powers aren't just telepathic.

darkmetal505
Fri, 06-02-2006, 09:57 PM
I seem to remember magneto mentioning xaviers name, when the bullet stops. And in the begining of the second movie, xavier freezes everyone in the museum when pyro lights that guy on fire. His powers aren't just telepathic.

not to mention, in the beginning of this movie, he lifts all those cars off the street

Aeon
Fri, 06-02-2006, 10:28 PM
Jean was the one to lift up the cars in the beginning of the movie.

darkshadow
Fri, 06-02-2006, 10:59 PM
in the movies charles has these telekinatic (sp?) powers, but normally he doesnt, in the comics he is a telepath, he doesnt have telekinesis, some forms of telepathy allow to blast ppl out of the way, but his didnt. jean and psylocke are good examples of mutants with telekinesis ( power to control things with the mind )

Kraco
Sat, 06-03-2006, 03:22 AM
And in the begining of the second movie, xavier freezes everyone in the museum when pyro lights that guy on fire. His powers aren't just telepathic.

I don't have a very clear memory of that scene, but couldn't that have been achieved by telepathic forces by just kind of freezing the people's minds? That is, if it was just the people.

ChaosK
Sat, 06-03-2006, 12:09 PM
Unless he's talking about like, Iceman freeze.

Assassin
Sat, 06-03-2006, 12:54 PM
no like, frozen in time. But even if it was just a mind freeze, at the end of the movie, he does it again while the president is giving his speech. And that time, even the video equipment stops working.

darkmetal505
Sat, 06-03-2006, 01:43 PM
Jean was the one to lift up the cars in the beginning of the movie.

really, I can't believe I misinterpreted that >_<. Well, I did watch a CAM version.

Knives122
Sat, 06-03-2006, 02:11 PM
no like, frozen in time. But even if it was just a mind freeze, at the end of the movie, he does it again while the president is giving his speech. And that time, even the video equipment stops working.

It stopped working because Storm messed with the power.

here are Charles' powers from wikipedia:

Genius-level intellect, previously vast telepathic powers, easily able to read and project thoughts, and manipulate minds to alter memories, control minds, and cast illusions

In Xmen Charles was the one that took over the minds of Toad and Sabretooth, while jean stopped the bullet, in X2 he shut down everyone's minds so they could leave(also did this as the end of the movie). Jean is the only other X-men in the movie who read peoples thoughts and move things with her mind(like the cars in X3).

Chalres doesn't have any telikenetic powers what so ever :p

Psyke
Sun, 06-04-2006, 03:09 AM
Just saw the movie yesterday, and I enjoyed it pretty much. Maybe it was because I expected it to be bad based on several negative reviews and critism about the movie. I thought the action was good, and as I don't read the comics there's not much complaints from me. However, I do have one question.

Logan = Wolverine
Scott Summers = Cyclops
Jean Grey = ?

I thought I knew but had forgotten, but the answer I got from Wiki was totally new to me....

Assertn
Sun, 06-04-2006, 04:02 AM
Jean Gray = phoenix

6Zabuza9
Sun, 06-04-2006, 04:17 AM
jean grey was just plain old jean grey. but when she got took over by her other side they called her pheonix

Raven
Sun, 06-04-2006, 10:29 AM
Jean Grey never had a hero name, true. She's just called by her real name. Phoenix is a whole major arc in the comics where she got taken over by... ah it's too long to explain. Basically she got transformed into Phoenix, not this crap about it being part of her sub-conscious.

darkshadow
Sun, 06-04-2006, 11:21 AM
well in the storyline we all know, its just a cosmic energy that takes jean as a host, but actually it doesnt even do that, it makes a clone of jean's body and acts in her place while the real jean lay in some coma some ocean ( see the similarity to the movie? ).
BUT this is the retconned story, in the original story jean DID possess the phoenix, it was just her maximum potential ( see another similarity to the movie? )

ChaosK
Sun, 06-04-2006, 03:12 PM
However did she survive the phoenix? (and was that the last arc of the comic?)

I just watched X-Men Evolution from beginning to end and it was enjoyable. I caught at the last episode, a little bit of Jean actually turning into phoenix, now is that interpertion more accurate or is the movie one more accurate?

Knives122
Sun, 06-04-2006, 03:16 PM
The Pheonix is suppose to have the firery bird around her when she does crap(how they did it at the end of X2 was the right way to do it)

Brett Ratner on the other hand doesn't know how to make a movie so he completely left that out, and replaced it with the "Zombie" look.

To answer your question the evolution show is more accurate, but the original show did it better :p

Carnage
Sun, 06-04-2006, 05:51 PM
Jean Grey = Marvel girl

Well, atleast in Ultamite X-men.

ChaosK
Sun, 06-04-2006, 05:58 PM
The Pheonix is suppose to have the firery bird around her when she does crap(how they did it at the end of X2 was the right way to do it)

Brett Ratner on the other hand doesn't know how to make a movie so he completely left that out, and replaced it with the "Zombie" look.

To answer your question the evolution show is more accurate, but the original show did it better :p

1. okay thanks
2. well the original show was based primarily on the comic while evolution made somethings of its own.
3. yes the zombie show sucked.

Terracosmo
Sun, 06-04-2006, 10:00 PM
Jean Grey = Marvel girl

Well, atleast in Ultamite X-men.

And early Uncanny.

darkshadow
Sun, 06-04-2006, 10:25 PM
How she survived phoenix? well like i said, it wasnt jean at all lol, so when phoenix died ( i cant really remember how, its after that dark phoenix crap), they find out jean is still alive in some coma,
and the zombie look i think was to put some emphasis on that it was dark phoenix ( they skipped the entire normal phoenix thing )

Lefty
Wed, 06-07-2006, 03:02 AM
Well i think the guys at Apple Geeks sum up what i think of the director of this flop.
http://www.applegeeks.com/lite/index.php?aglitecomic=2006-06-07

Zidarri the Exile
Sat, 06-10-2006, 07:14 AM
I enjoyed the movie a lot, but they left so much out. Where was Night Crawler? Where was Apocalypse? Where was Gambit? Where was The Pheonix? All I saw was Jean, and Dark Pheonix. WTF!

What about, grr, nevermind.

Eitherway, I enjoyed the movie, and that's what matters.

ChaosK
Sat, 06-10-2006, 11:07 AM
I enjoyed the movie a lot, but they left so much out. Where was Night Crawler? Where was Apocalypse? Where was Gambit? Where was The Pheonix? All I saw was Jean, and Dark Pheonix. WTF!

What about, grr, nevermind.

Eitherway, I enjoyed the movie, and that's what matters.

Does the apocalypse story take place before or after the phoenix story?

darkshadow
Sat, 06-10-2006, 11:13 AM
Before AND after.
before the phoenix, its about that mutant cure and stuff, and angel gets turned into archangel blablabla.. after the phoenix ( everything also dark phoenix ) is the stuff with cable and the lazarus chamber etc. etc.

itadakimasu
Tue, 04-03-2007, 01:22 PM
and the final verdict..... this movie sucked. how do you kill off so many important charactors.. wtf

Edit : bring on the negative reps : if you seriously liked this movie.. you are not a fan of xmen at all. you're a nub. you like to watch digimon whenever you have any spare time.