PDA

View Full Version : Your recommendations?

Winged Dancer
Mon, 12-05-2005, 05:32 PM
Ok, so after one and a half months of grueling essays and exams I find myself about to finish (just three more essays and three more exams YAY) and with nothing to do for two months... well, I guess I should learn to cook, and I promised I would translate the Tales of Symphonia Radio-Dramas CD, but other than that I'll just get boring.

So I wanted to get a new videogame. A few, actually. But I've been completely disconnected so I don't know what's out and what's good...

So I'm being stupid and asking the people here. What would you buy or either Gamecube, PS2 or the Nintendo DS? Money is kinda not a problem right now 'cause I haven't bought anything for months...

I was thinking of getting Fire Emblem for the GC, importing Tales of the Abbys for PS2 but I don't know what's good for the DS, and I'm really not sure about thee other two either. I'd be thankful if you could give me some recommendations...

Aeon
Mon, 12-05-2005, 05:47 PM
Gamecube- Fire Emblem, DDR Mario Mix and Mario Strikers.

DS-Mario Kart

Turkish-S
Mon, 12-05-2005, 05:54 PM
ps2/GC.. get the new prince of percia.. it's way better then the previous 2.. but if you didn't like the others or never played them don't get it.

Dezalanel
Mon, 12-05-2005, 05:57 PM
If your into Rpgs I reccomend Dragonquest 8 for PS2

Assertn
Mon, 12-05-2005, 06:03 PM
I'm trying to get everyone to buy mario kart DS so we can play online.

I was wondering where you've been WD, i was tempted to bring back the "GW people you miss" thread i/expressions/heart.gif

Terracosmo
Mon, 12-05-2005, 06:21 PM
Definitely get Fire Emblem. I'm gonna pick that game up myself when I have finished Final Fantasy X. ;S

Winged Dancer
Tue, 12-06-2005, 06:37 PM
Seems Fire Emblem is a keeper, even though I suck at strategy. I've been thinking of Dragon Quest VIII, but the character models just don't appeal me, while the main character in Tales of the Abbys is a redhead, which is too good.

Oh, and I don't think I'll be able to get a DS game after all. One of my stalkers (God I hate them because they're nice) gave me Electroplankton as a present and my entire family took a liking to it so now they monopolize the DS... do you know how weird it is to enter the room and find your fifty-something years old father doing silly sounds in front of the DS? Very very weird, that's how weird it is.

I dunno about DDR Mario Mix. I need a DDR to er, burn some fat off my tights (I'm a girl, after all) but I feel I would feel extremely stupid with Mario dancing around my TV.

Aclypze
Tue, 12-06-2005, 08:01 PM
Get "We <3 Katamari", for the ps2. Everyone loves that game. Simple yet addicting.