PDA

View Full Version : AMV-making

Dunpar
Sun, 12-04-2005, 02:09 PM
opps my bad didnt mean to put this here

Dunpar
Sun, 12-04-2005, 02:52 PM
POAST 1

this is the place where AMV makers teaching the aspiring AMV makers of the future

now in order to start a amv u need a move maker...... there are several out ther just google for a free move maker.........but for begining AMV maker lest use a basic program.....

OK..... now in windows XP with all the updates....... ((( click on the start butten and go to ""ALL PROGRAMS"" look through and find ""WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER"".....START IT UP))....ok now that it is up u want to click and drag it to make it small enough to drag idams into it and big enough to see in side it........ ok now is the time to find your music.......(( ok hears a tip... u want to seperate your music and your anime that u will be using....

""now look at the WMM(windows move maker) u will see.... the basic.... file, edit,view....ext..... NOW look a row under that..... u will see the new project paper looking thing.... the load icon.... and the rest....... i want you to go over to the drag down that is on the 2ed row.. and move it to collections... and u will want to drag your music in to that open slot to the left

ok..... hopefuly you will have your music in that box and stay there...... now inorder to use the music that you want to use all u have to do is open the COLLECTIONS box and drag it on to the "SCORE" the big time line thing at the bottem of the WMM(windows move maker)........

now once u got your music in the time line play it a few times and make shure that u GENRALY feal like u want to use that music or tune.....(most likely after listion to the music a few times you can get the feal of what Anime u want to use.......

OK..... HERE COMES THE LONG PART........(THIS IS MY MOST PROMET SUGESTION.......YOU WANT TO FIND A ANIME THAT YOU KNOW!!!!

now the best anime is one u know and one that u have seen ALLLL ((( AND I DO MEAN ALLL (whell that is out) )).... the reason for this is becouse chanches are once u get better you will start to jump episodes.... hers a example

^^^ ok my first AMV was the song "DDR's butterfly" and i use only the first OVA of roune kenshin.... and i made a deasent AMV.....BUT now im using GUNDAME WING and im jumping from episode to episode to be able to enlarge the fealing of constant battle.....^^^

now its good to use only one episode or onc OVA/ MOVE to do your first AMV it just makes things less complacated........MORE ON NEXT POST.....

PSJ
Sun, 12-04-2005, 04:26 PM
So do you have any AMV's to share with us?

Dunpar
Sun, 12-04-2005, 06:43 PM
NEVER MIND THIS POST...
yea just give me a sec to figure out how to get it on the web to you guys...any sugestions would be helpfull

Phoenix20578
Sun, 12-04-2005, 06:49 PM
You can try Here (http://rapidshare.de/) or Here. (http://megaupload.com/)

Dunpar
Sun, 12-04-2005, 08:08 PM
OK..... here it is my very first AMV... keep in mind i have yet to mark it as my own so plz keep it only to your selfs
and thank Phoenix for helping me out...

http://rapidshare.de/files/863.../MY_FIRST_AMV.wmv.html (http://rapidshare.de/files/8635897/MY_FIRST_AMV.wmv.html)
feal free to comite on the AMV

OK this is a RUSHED.... AMV... this is why u dont want to rush AMV's

Your Download-Link: http://rapidshare.de/files/8634578/GUNDAM_.wmv.html

post here with comits for just PM me...

animeniac
Sun, 12-04-2005, 09:53 PM
The video quality was kinda bad. Also, no offence, but the music and video didn't go together. I know it's your first but im just pointing it out so you can get better.

mage
Tue, 12-06-2005, 04:15 PM
I have some very good suggestions for your guide, and I hope you take them to heart. You can thank me later:

1) Learn how to make AMVs that don't suck before you write a guide.
2) Write the guide in your native language and have someone that knows English translate it properly. If English is in fact your native language, I suggest getting someone over the age of 5 to help you write it.

As for your Kenshin AMV (I can't get the Gundam one to download.):

1) Never include subtitles in an AMV. You need to either work around them or use raws as your source. Unless the AMV is some amazing, godlike piece of video editing, I will just close the window if I see subtitles.
2) The song you used has a lot of potential but you synced almost no video with the song. It has a fast beat, so you should find a way to exploit this to sync it with the video.
3) You need to cut the scenes up some more. You're staying on one scene for too long, especially for a fast song like that.
4) Everything in the AMV should contribute to making it better as a whole. It seems like everything in yours was just thrown in. When you want to add a new scene, think to yourself, "How will this make the AMV better?"
5) The flow of the video is also very important. Yours has zero flow. I can't explain to you how to create a nice, flowing video, but if you want an example of one that I think flows well, download THIS (http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=68138).

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Tue, 12-06-2005, 08:19 PM
yea I've seen my share of amazing AMV's at several cons (Otakon being one of them) and they tell you to NEVER use any download footage. But yea the clips need to be edited in sync with the music properly.

Mage don't be such a dick, atleast he's contributing.

PSJ
Wed, 12-07-2005, 01:39 PM
Not to be a dick or anything but your Gundam AMV wasn't very good.

The quality of the footage was to bad and it wasn't synced with the sound at all. The song was decent but it really never got going, also the choices of clips weren't the best either in my opinion as that show got alot of footage that is better.

What kind of program do you use to make amvs?

mage
Wed, 12-07-2005, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by: Kagemane_no_Jutsu
yea I've seen my share of amazing AMV's at several cons (Otakon being one of them) and they tell you to NEVER use any download footage. But yea the clips need to be edited in sync with the music properly.

Mage don't be such a dick, atleast he's contributing.
i wasn't being a dick, he should be honored to get ANY advice from a LEGEND such as myself.

PSJ
Wed, 12-07-2005, 03:17 PM
Legend? you mean with AMVs? Why don't post some of your stuff and let us judge if you are good enough to be a dick or not.

mage
Wed, 12-07-2005, 04:13 PM
not of AMVs. living legend of the internet here folks. some people call me a zero, but im really an internet hero.

PSJ
Wed, 12-07-2005, 05:15 PM
"okay".

Being an internet legend isn't that much to brag about, i doubt you are one though.

mage
Wed, 12-07-2005, 05:19 PM
dont be jealous

AnimePunk
Wed, 12-07-2005, 08:41 PM
How are you going to prove it then.

XanBcoo
Wed, 12-07-2005, 08:42 PM
I only watched the Rurouni Kenshin one, and I don't think it was very good. Sorry. All you did was put the music over the footage, and transitioned between scenes a few times. No other effects whatsoever.The music didn't seem to fit at all. No timing whatsoever.

Good choice of video though - even though it was a poor quality fansub.

PSJ
Thu, 12-08-2005, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by: mage
dont be jealous

Trust me, i'm not.

Dunpar
Thu, 12-08-2005, 09:59 AM
whell thanks for the tips and sorry it wanst the best in the world..... i guss il take your hints and stop the guide now
whell thanks fo the truth anyways.....

XanBcoo
Thu, 12-08-2005, 08:46 PM
I've never made a music video myself, so I can't offer very many helpful tips. I know one thing you might want to try is to make the music match the video. This could be done by timing certain actions to the beat (like when Hiko explodes that guy with 3 strikes), or just even adding flashes.

mage
Thu, 12-08-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by: PSJ

Originally posted by: mage
dont be jealous

Trust me, i'm not.
sure, keep telling yourself that.

What are we, two years old? Try to have some maturity, and don't go filling up good threads with crap like this. If you continue, you will get a warning.

GotWoot Moderator

XanBcoo
Thu, 12-15-2005, 10:51 PM
I don't think dunpar liked our constructive criticism, he left to get a second opinion and never came back i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Dunpar
Sun, 12-18-2005, 11:08 PM
hehe sorry guys i have been out working my ass off and havent had time to make any better amvs........ HOW EVER i have reasently found the time............ sooooo thanks guys for the constructive criticism....... ooooo..... and yea my spelling dose suck and i do try........ helll i have a dictionary right next to my comp....... but i have that thing wher the letters reverse and....... whell english was my WORST subject..... so plz dont knock on my spelling tooo much.......(after all the words to me look correct).....but that is my subjective view.........

also tonight i should be able to post my new AMV improved amv up..... and like before feel free to talk about it as much as u want......BUT LEAVE MY SPELLING ALONE.............I DO TRY.....

also any other amv makers plz feel free to show off your amv"s here... yea i know we aint AMV centeral.... but hay if we get new amv makers intrested we can use this zone as a buffer to the outside criticism..... so all AMV guys let us see your work with out fear of being riped down for a shitty amv.........

PS

ONE LAST THING....
the first gundam wing one i made was rushed and it tells that "this is why u dont rush amv making" so plz read it all

thank u all for the help and.....ect

Dunpar
Mon, 12-19-2005, 11:14 AM
ok guys here it is.......... also plz understand i am using the only meterials that i have....... so the video is a little flawed... this amv is not ment to be the best in the world.... but more of a showing that im geting better...

http://rapidshare.de/files/943...dam-supernova.wmv.html (http://rapidshare.de/files/9430523/AMV-gundam-supernova.wmv.html)

enjoy

edit
mirror http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VH3CTGVS

Shinda
Tue, 12-27-2005, 03:54 PM
I do think this video is better than the previous. the intro goes along pretty well with the music.
but in the rest of the video; the music has a nice strong beat/rythm, so it's an idea to synchronise the images a little more with the music. since it's more of an action AMV.

but I'd say you're improving.

Originally posted by: Dunpar
and yea my spelling dose suck and i do try........ helll i have a dictionary right next to my comp....... but i have that thing wher the letters reverse and....... whell english was my WORST subject..... so plz dont knock on my spelling tooo much.......(after all the words to me look correct).....but that is my subjective view.........

also tonight i should be able to post my new AMV improved amv up..... and like before feel free to talk about it as much as u want......BUT LEAVE MY SPELLING ALONE.............I DO TRY.....

also any other amv makers plz feel free to show off your amv"s here... yea i know we aint AMV centeral.... but hay if we get new amv makers intrested we can use this zone as a buffer to the outside criticism..... so all AMV guys let us see your work with out fear of being riped down for a shitty amv.........

don't worry, I'm not attacking your spelling. but do you mean that you're dyslexic? I kinda recognise the way of spelling. 3 out of my 4 brothers are dyslexic. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

I'll look to see if I have any of my old AMV's stored somewhere. but I doubt it.