PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Money?

Coriandria
Fri, 12-02-2005, 12:16 AM
This is my first topic starter experience I'm sorry if this topic is redundant I tried to find one similar but couldn't.

So as I was watching Movie 1(I'm on episode 153 but afraid of diving into the next arc decided to watch a few movies instead), and I started to think.

Where does the rest of the crew get cash? I know Nami gets a bit of treasure from time to time but the treasure that the crew gets always seems to be hers. But then if she pays for another crew member she always mentions interest. Yet, where the heck does the rest of the crew earn a living to pay her back let alone interest? Is it all just a front so that people don't realize how generous she is and in fact she is paying for all the crews expenses? I just can't recall a time anyone other than Nami earned a single Belli.

Munsu
Fri, 12-02-2005, 04:36 AM
They don't really have any expenses... and when they do Nami pitches in... Everyone is still in dept to her... She always keeps bringing up old loans...

If I remember correctly, some bargain to lower the dept to save her ass here and there...

At least this is the way I see it...

Aeon
Fri, 12-02-2005, 08:55 AM
Eventhough Nami controls the money I think they all share it equally, I remember on one of the eps where they reached an island Nami handed out spending money to them all. I think she just hordes the part she doesn't spend on clothes.

el_boss
Fri, 12-02-2005, 09:51 AM
They always say that all their money go towards feeding Luffy. I guess Nami takes care of what little is left.

Off topic: I really hate Nami. She is goddamn selfish that It makes me want to puke whenever she shows up. The worst thing was when they had just arrived to Skypiea and she was riding the waver. When she got to "the forbidden island" there was a guy about to be killed so he asked her to save him, and she said something like "no way, there's no room on the waver". There was obviously plenty of room or else he could have just held on to the waver while in the "water".

Assertn
Fri, 12-02-2005, 09:31 PM
Cut it with the damn "possible spoilers" crap already. All these OP threads open invitations to become manga-only because you guys are doing that -_-

Carnage
Fri, 12-02-2005, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by: el_boss
They always say that all their money go towards feeding Luffy. I guess Nami takes care of what little is left.

Off topic: I really hate Nami. She is goddamn selfish that It makes me want to puke whenever she shows up. The worst thing was when they had just arrived to Skypiea and she was riding the waver. When she got to "the forbidden island" there was a guy about to be killed so he asked her to save him, and she said something like "no way, there's no room on the waver". There was obviously plenty of room or else he could have just held on to the waver while in the "water".

I also double that. Nami is the biggest bitch in the world. She makes Zoro fight Baroque Works to repay his so called "debt" even though hes saved her ass more times than you can count. Worthless bitch. I really do hope Zoro pushes her down to hell.i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

DarthEnderX
Sat, 12-03-2005, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by: God#2

I also double that. Nami is the biggest bitch in the world. She makes Zoro fight Baroque Works to repay his so called "debt" even though hes saved her ass more times than you can count. Worthless bitch. I really do hope Zoro pushes her down to hell.

So what? You know he was gonna end up doing it anyway?

Without Nami those idiots couldn't get from one island to the next. Don't be hatin'

el_boss
Sat, 12-03-2005, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
Without Nami those idiots couldn't get from one island to the next. Don't be hatin'
She's still a bad and annoying person.

Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
Cut it with the damn "possible spoilers" crap already. All these OP threads open invitations to become manga-only because you guys are doing that -_-
Isn't it stated in the rules that there has to be explained if there might be spoilers?

Carnage
Sat, 12-03-2005, 10:49 AM
I be hatin'!i/expressions/devil.gifThe crew would still manage without Nami, cuz of Luffy's crazy luck. He always manages to survive any predicament.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 12-03-2005, 01:37 PM

She's still a bad and annoying person.

Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
Isn't it stated in the rules that there has to be explained if there might be spoilers?

Yes, but I think he's saying that people need to stop making every thread a place for spoilers, because basically, there's not gonna be any threads for people who want to avoid spoilers to join in the conversation.

Or else, for every thread like this, someone will have to make another thread just like it and say NO spoilers, so the non-spoiler people can have their own discussion about ship funds.

And at that point, they'll just end up making a separate forum again like they did for Bleach and Naruto.

el_boss
Sat, 12-03-2005, 02:02 PM
And at that point, they'll just end up making a separate forum again like they did for Bleach and Naruto.
Is that a bad thing?

Carnage
Sat, 12-03-2005, 03:57 PM

Is that a bad thing?

I really think they should do that. Then you could also make manga release and chapter threads.

Deblas
Sat, 12-03-2005, 04:02 PM
Nami strong bitchy character makes her awesome. We'll really see her compassionate side later in Skypeia. And hey, someone has to keep the idiots in line.

Aeon
Sat, 12-03-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by: Deblas
Nami strong bitchy character makes her awesome. We'll really see her compassionate side later in Skypeia. And hey, someone has to keep the idiots in line.

So true, one of the best moments in One Piece history to me was when Luffy and Zoro were fighting at that baroque(sp) works island and she just came out of nowhere and owned both of them before they could hurt each other.

Jadugar
Sat, 12-03-2005, 05:23 PM
Does it really matter where the money comes from?

What I want to know are they ageing?

Carnage
Sat, 12-03-2005, 10:01 PM

even after the Skypeia arc, shes still uber bitchy. And no, it doesnt make her awsome, it makes her annoying, like your mom!i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Deblas
Sat, 12-03-2005, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by: God#2

And no, it doesnt make her awsome, it makes her annoying, like your mom!i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Sorry kid. Those types of insults only work till age 13 the most.

FEAR TEH NAMI!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/Deblas/strongnami.jpg

Originally posted by: Jadugar
Does it really matter where the money comes from?

What I want to know are they ageing?

I think so. The new style that we see in W7 makes them look much older and mature than before.

Carnage
Sun, 12-04-2005, 12:29 AM
u didnt notice teh wink i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif

DarthEnderX
Sun, 12-04-2005, 05:34 PM
Yeah man, I totally just skull-fucked your mom.

; )

Deblas
Sun, 12-04-2005, 05:57 PM
You bastard!! I'll kick your ass for that!!........................i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif