PDA

View Full Version : the "shit that has happened to you" thread

Assertn
Thu, 12-01-2005, 10:33 PM
Someone stole $800 from my checking account.

Discuss.

Terracosmo
Thu, 12-01-2005, 10:35 PM
WTF

How?

That's like more than I own total i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Assertn
Thu, 12-01-2005, 10:38 PM
No idea, 500 from an ATM at some dumpy 7-11 and 300 from purchases. Funny thing was it was registerred today....yet i still seem to have my debit card in my possession.
Oh well, the idiot must've forgotten that ATMs have cameras

btw, how do you pay for rent if thats how much you have total, terra?

ChaosK
Thu, 12-01-2005, 10:45 PM
terra gets around....somehow....
hmm shit thats happened to me....shit....shit....
oh, yesterday some dude tried to steal my ipod but i ended up backfisting him in the jaw....you see, you shouldnt pick a fight with a karate teacher...and the backfist was more of an natural reaction then a meant hit...but that sucks assertn, did u find out who did it?

aznimperialx
Thu, 12-01-2005, 10:52 PM
I hate the way people jack people's money. It just shows that they are fucking poor.

Phoenix20578
Thu, 12-01-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

That almost happend to me. Someone tried to charge $2000 dollars from my acount. Luckily, I have Wacovia
and they call me to verify all purchuses over $200.

Terracosmo
Thu, 12-01-2005, 11:01 PM
Rent? I live at home ;S my university is 20 minutes away by bus. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

badass
Thu, 12-01-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by: aznimperialx
I hate the way people jack people's money. It just shows that they are fucking poor.

Good call; poor people suck. All they do is steal shit.

Assertn
Thu, 12-01-2005, 11:12 PM
It's all good. They'll reimburse me while they investigate the incident. I'm just glad that I don't have to figure out how to prove that it wasn't me making those transactions.

Kinda sucks that now my debit card is frozen and i have $4 in my pocket.
And rent is due.....

masamuneehs
Thu, 12-01-2005, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

Discuss.

Assertn, if your bank is any good, you won't need to pay a dime of that stolen money. Call them up, tell them it wasn't you that made that withdrawal (or however the money was taken) and then proceed to call at least once a day, everyday, demanding to speak only to supervisors, for as long as it takes to get it back. That's how I got $400 back from my bank.

Anyhow, so here's my night:
I am in a class studying Italian Culture. Today we went to a Professor's house to cook an Italian style dinner and eat. We cooked, we ate, we drank a tincee bit of wine. Whatever.

And after its over, I and a classmate get in my car and start following the two other drivers back to campus.

Its a dark country road with no shoulders and a fair deal of curves and stop signs. Not quite a residential area, but not the middle of nowhere either.

So we're going around a right-hand turn, at about 30miles per hour, in a 25 MPH zone. Both cars in front of me complete the turn.

BANG! Deer! Right in front of my car. Just like that! Mother fucking thing must have used Shuunpo or something like that because I didn't see it until it was right in front of my headlights (this was around 935PM Eastern Standard Time).

I slam the brakes, shuck the wheel as hard left as I can (the deer had come from my left, so it was going towards the passenger side of my car, hence the counter weave)

Only one problem, I was going too fast around the turn (and it was snowing slightly all day, so ground was wet)

So I skid, slide, cross the other lane of traffic and proceed to go down a slight bank and into the woods of upstate New York. I start pumping the breaks as much as I can. My female classmate in the passenger seat is screaming her brains out.

The car stops. No damage, not even a scratch. Big fucking oak trees on all sides of me, I was about 24 feet off the road into a forest, didn't even hit a fucking shrubbery.

Lucky as hell.

XanBcoo
Fri, 12-02-2005, 12:13 AM
That's awesome and it sucks at the same time masamuneehs. Awesome in that you're ok and it's a good story to tell. Was the deer ok? Or did you not care at that point?

I've had money stolen from me countless times. Ranging from $5 to $200. Cash. So I know how that shit goes.

Assertn
Fri, 12-02-2005, 01:09 AM
Thanks for the advice. It sounds like only one call was all i need to take care of the situation though.

I have a lucky driving story too. This one was yeaars ago though.
I was driving home one night and it was snowing alot. I was probably going a little faster than I should have, but it was only an issue when the car up ahead stopped to make a left turn. Delayed reaction from it being dark and snowy, and so i hit the brakes....but my car keeps skidding forward. Keep going....started to swerve to the right (which happens to be a pretty big ditch), turned my wheel a little to the left to compensate, started to swerve towards oncoming traffic, turned my wheel a little harder to the right, this time swerving even faster towards the ditch. I repeat this process a few times, getting more dramatic each time, until I end up turned 180 degrees around slightly into the ditch perfectly off the road. The only damage done was a mailbox i swiped in the process. I had to climb out of the driver's seat and jump into the ditch, freezing until help came. Had to pay to get it towed out safely, but it could've been worse, at least the car was fine and i didn't get any accidents on my record.

Kraco
Fri, 12-02-2005, 05:07 AM
I suppose you had to pay for the repairs of the mailbox... But pretty amazingly lucky car accident stories, altogether.

Assertn
Fri, 12-02-2005, 11:09 AM
I dont think they ever actually called me about the mailbox....but it mightve added a point on my record or something. If that's the case, it's gone by now. W/E

Oh and btw, I still have no idea what happened to the car that made the stop in front of me. I think it managed to turn left onto that other street before I reached it, but that part is kinda blocked from my memory.

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 12-02-2005, 12:14 PM
That's fricking nothing! Nothing I tell you.This summer I was a camp counselor at a camp for at risk children mostly from the innercity. The stories I have are nothing that can be compared to when it comes to dealing with shit. Quite literally I was forced to deal with shit on a regular basis. I will brielfy recount one of my favorite stories.

There is the skinny ass kid who was in my bunk. His name was Christopher Lenard. The best way to describe him would be well imagine a picture of a crack baby that you are shown during sex ed. Age that by 12 years and that is essentially what chris lenard looked like. He was a skinny ass black kid with big head and buldging eyes that stuck out from his skull. He mostly spent his time running around yelling obscenities. Like some sort of thugged up version of bugs bunny on speed. He would run around saying "look at me look at me I just puked in the bucket I just puked in the bucket" or he would say "look I pooped my pants I pooped my pants. you want to see" and he stuck his hands down his pants and pulled up his finger and on it was a brown stain. He smiled saying "see i pooped my pants see. He did it for attention and I was given the responsibility of cleaning him up in the bathroom. God I remember how he took off his pants and there it was a giant mount of brown lumpy shit just sitting there. He looked at it and started poking at it. He touched it with his fingers and smeared it on his shirt then he asked me "why is my shit so lumpy? Is it because it eat to many peanuts?" Then I hate the pleasure of picking up his shit and putting it the toilet cleaning the mess he had made. He went into the shower and I had to tell him to wash his ass to get the extra little nuggets and pieces that were stuck to his ass. Trust me that's just the tip of the iceberg if you think you've had some bad shit go down in your life I probablly have a ramapo story that can top it threefold.

XanBcoo
Fri, 12-02-2005, 12:31 PM
LobsterMagnet has taken the "shit happens" theme literally, lol.

2:25
Fri, 12-02-2005, 03:19 PM
That's gross.... @__@

Anyway, I hope you got things sorted out by now, Assert.

Teh XYZ
Fri, 12-02-2005, 05:09 PM
wow lobster thats one hellava shitty story. (pun intended)

hmm driving fun...oh yeah i was driving home from work one day and these idiot kids bike riding decide to dash across the road because it was "cool" (jackasses) but anyway, so i see them in front of me and i slam on the brakes obviously. i was near the neighborhood and i knew the person who's house was on the corner so i turned my car and drove onto his lawn. Of course i had to get outta my car and call the kids a bunch of fucking idiots. (they were like 10). i call my friend to tell them about the tire tracks on his lawn and shit...and we decided to go somewhere for the afternoon. then he comes out gets into his car and im like 10min away from him so i deicde to stop my car and wait. (my neighborhood is full of hills, a couple of houses own the property but its so big that they dont care so anybody is pretty mcuh allowed to go there) some person about my age (24) came snowboarding down the hill, here's the great part. Theres a jump that i helped make on that hill (since i like snowboarding too) and the snowboarder goes off the jump hoping to change directions or something (thats what i thought) but he noticed he was still moving towards my car, so then he unstraps his feet from the snowboard and now its just the board flying towards me, he lands in a pile of snow. well now im thinking im screwed, but just then my friend who couldnt find where i was waiting drives by and his car blocks the snowboard from hitting mine. FUNNIEST SHIT. turns out my friend knew that dude and he paid for the dent in his car. well, my precious car is safe. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

aznroyale
Fri, 12-02-2005, 05:13 PM
who ever stole you money must want to buy something badly like the xbox360

aznimperialx
Fri, 12-02-2005, 05:39 PM
We should also have a thread called

Lucky Shit that happened to me

Teh XYZ
Fri, 12-02-2005, 05:40 PM
nah, this 1 is fine for that.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 12-02-2005, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by: XanBcoo
LobsterMagnet has taken the "shit happens" theme literally, lol.

lmao that sums up Lobster's post beautifully!

Assertn
Fri, 12-02-2005, 11:48 PM
yeah but he pretty much put himself in that position when he took a job watching over at risk kids from the inner city