PDA

View Full Version : Next Generation Consoles

Pages : [1] 2 3

Turkish-S
Wed, 11-30-2005, 06:26 PM
I dunno yet cuz i have a xbox with almost all games. i´m going to wait till they all get out. And i´m going to wait wich one will get the first good mod i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif. and i'm into multiplayer so this could also play a big role..

Now vote bitches...

aznimperialx
Wed, 11-30-2005, 07:20 PM
did any of you guys see Smashmyxbox.com? its so funny

i would pick ps3

el_boss
Wed, 11-30-2005, 07:41 PM
It seems like the PS3 will be insanely powerful, but I guess we'll have to wait to see how that ends up. So far I like the PS3 the most, I really like the spaceship design and the boomerang controllers look neat.

The Revolution controller really seems annoying to use, have to see how that works irl though too know.

I'm not a big fan of the x-box, don't know why really. Think it was that the original controller was horrible (first impressions last). The 360 seems like a fine console (though it has almost become a PC by now). I just don't like Microsofts general attitude about the 360, very arrogant. It's a big drawback that it's only compatible with some x-box games, this will probably change though.

nests
Wed, 11-30-2005, 07:49 PM
The PS3 for now but I will probably end up also buying the Revolution since I cant go on living if I dont play a Zelda game

XanBcoo
Wed, 11-30-2005, 07:54 PM
I've never been a fan of the XBox (I only have mine b/c of Halo), and the graphics look pretty unimpressive for what's supposed to be the next-gen system. This could be a problem for all of them though. Does anyone know how the PS3 or Revolution's graphics are supposed to be?

The PS3 will obviously kick ass since it's basically eveyone's favorite consol (by which I mean it's the most popular).

Looking at the Revolution's controller makes me uneasy, but it could turn out to be really cool. They definitely get props for innovation (as usual), and to me seems what is like the biggest step of the three into furthering the gaming experience. Though all three seem to be just beefed up versions of the previous systems with slightly better graphics and lots of little gimmicks, at least the Revolution has that on its side. This however, is coming from a Nintendo fanboy.

Edit: @nests, has there been talk of a Zelda game for the Revolution, or are you just saying there will obviously be one (which there will)?

aznimperialx
Wed, 11-30-2005, 07:59 PM
All you Xbox360-haters should watch this clip

http://smashmyxbox.com/download.php[L=Smashmyxbox (http://smashmyxbox.com/download.php)]

Phoenix20578
Wed, 11-30-2005, 08:11 PM
Honestly, I want them all, but if I had to choose, PS3.

Assertn
Wed, 11-30-2005, 08:11 PM
I'd consider getting an xbox360 and a Revolution

Deblas
Wed, 11-30-2005, 08:18 PM
I'll most likely get the Xbox360. Apart from Kingdom Hearts, the PS3 games that only come for that console never really caught my attention.

Even though Nintendo has been top in innovation. Their last innovations haven't been the best. And I'm really skeptical about their new controller. It just looks so damn uncomfortable. They really have been going downhill lately.

Phoenix20578
Wed, 11-30-2005, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by: Deblas
Even though Nintendo has been top in innovation. Their last innovations haven't been the best. And I'm really skeptical about their new controller. It just looks so damn uncomfortable. They really have been going downhill lately.

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/050919.gif

KoKo37
Wed, 11-30-2005, 08:37 PM
lols, presonly if i could only get one id get the revolution XD, however im wondering how they will do the multi player thing on it XD, if its monthly pay for all games, then screw that -.- lol

kenren
Wed, 11-30-2005, 08:59 PM
PS 3...of course

RedX1z
Wed, 11-30-2005, 09:06 PM
ps3, because it's going to be 10x better and much cheaper..

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Wed, 11-30-2005, 09:29 PM
ps3

ChaosK
Wed, 11-30-2005, 09:51 PM
PS3>ALL

aznroyale
Wed, 11-30-2005, 09:56 PM
PS3

darkmetal505
Wed, 11-30-2005, 11:29 PM
im going to see the games first, then choose

Terracosmo
Wed, 11-30-2005, 11:52 PM
PS3, then probably followed by the new Nintendo one down the road. Just like last time.

masamuneehs
Thu, 12-01-2005, 12:57 AM
playstation. no doubts.

Nai
Thu, 12-01-2005, 04:20 AM
Playstation 3 and the Nintendo Revolution.

I find that Nintendo and Sony complements each other extremely well. On the Nintendo, I'll have the all the high quality gameplay experiences like Zelda, Super Mario and Metroid. On the PS3 I'll have a massive library of RPG's. And that's just perfect for me.

Since I already have a high-end PC I really have very little interest in the X-Box 360.

milfhunter
Thu, 12-01-2005, 05:09 AM
Wow, props to Nai for having the first high-quality, intelligent post in the whole thread. I agree with everything that Nai said, especially the bit about spending $300 on Windows Vista (yeah right, I'll pirate that shit) for a high-end PC instead of spending that on a Xbox 360. The only thing I'd change in Nai's post is listing Nintendo Revolution before PlayStation 3 in the first sentence. Hail Shiggy! And here's hoping for a FFVII remake finally ... that is my fantasy.

BioAlien
Thu, 12-01-2005, 05:30 AM
Like Nai, i would go with Playstion 3 and Revolution, i never was a fan of xbox anyway... since i got a high-end PC too
and also for thats:

On the Nintendo, I'll have the all the high quality gameplay experiences like Zelda, Super Mario and Metroid. On the PS3 I'll have a massive library of RPG's

Dezalanel
Thu, 12-01-2005, 05:31 AM
All. Just like last time. I currently have PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube. Of Next-Gen I already got my 360 the day it came out. I plan on getting Revolution and PS3 of course. I find all systems have their goods and bads. Each have unique games I enjoy so I get them all. Sony for its massive game library and my favorite RPGs. Nintendo for the classics and multiplayer goodness, and Microsoft for their shooters and online gameplay.

aznroyale
Thu, 12-01-2005, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by: aznimperialx
All you Xbox360-haters should watch this clip

http://smashmyxbox.com/download.php[L=Smashmyxbox (http://smashmyxbox.com/download.php)]

hhahaha a guy ask for a controller at the end

XanBcoo
Thu, 12-01-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by: milfhunter
Wow, props to Nai for having the first high-quality, intelligent post in the whole thread.

WTF are you talking about?? Both el_boss and I also made semi-in depth analases of the three systems. Nai simply stated she liked the ps3 and Revolution b/c of the games it puts out.

This is not a knock at Nai, I just don't understand what you meant milfhunter. Check the first 5 posts if you will...

ChaosK
Thu, 12-01-2005, 06:26 PM
maybe milfhunter considers anything that agrees with his opinion is "intelligent" all others are irrevelant (asshole)

Deblas
Thu, 12-01-2005, 07:18 PM
I'll probably just get all three systems too. My first choice will be Xbox though since I'm a bigger fan of shooter than RPG. I'm going to have to wait for maybe the 5th shipment though or until they find out and fix whatever the hell is scratching their game disks.

Like Dezalanel said I like Xbox's shooters and PS has huge game library and has a few RPG's that I like. So PS will be my second choice. And the Revolution price will most likely drop after awhile of being released so hell why not. =/

Props to Dezalanel for having the first high-quality, intelligent post in this whole thread!! You rock man!!

Phoenix20578
Thu, 12-01-2005, 07:34 PM
I'm more of an RPG fan myself. I also really like racers, so I want the 360 for Project Gothom 3. Shooters
arent bad ether, but I like to have more depth in the gameplay.

darkmetal505
Thu, 12-01-2005, 08:50 PM
i heard that microsoft is releasing halo 3 the same time as ps3 to cut down their sales. Probably not true though.

Phoenix20578
Thu, 12-01-2005, 08:52 PM
Unless Halo 3 cost 200, it won't really effect sales. It may effect initial sales, but sales over a month or two will be just as high.

Terracosmo
Thu, 12-01-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by: XanBcoo

Wow, props to Nai for having the first high-quality, intelligent post in the whole thread.

WTF are you talking about?? Both el_boss and I also made semi-in depth analases of the three systems. Nai simply stated she liked the ps3 and Revolution b/c of the games it puts out.

This is not a knock at Nai, I just don't understand what you meant milfhunter. Check the first 5 posts if you will...

Nai's a girl? (the only important part of the discussion)

ChaosK
Thu, 12-01-2005, 10:40 PM
chiddy-chiddy-bang-bang.

XanBcoo
Thu, 12-01-2005, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
I assume that had a lot to do with it.

Originally posted by: darkmetal505
i heard that microsoft is releasing halo 3 the same time as ps3 to cut down their sales. Probably not true though.
I've heard this too. I'm willing to bet it's true. Bill Gates would do something like that - completely ignore the fans and hold out so he can sell more XBox360s with the release of a hugely popular game.

...dick.

Assertn
Fri, 12-02-2005, 01:11 AM
I'm pretty sure bill gates isn't the marketing strategist behind the xbox 360

darkmetal505
Fri, 12-02-2005, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

true, hes just putting his money in humanitarian efforts. I also heard that Microsoft bought the patent to Apple's "click wheels" at the last minute because they got lazy to renew it.

milfhunter
Fri, 12-02-2005, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
maybe milfhunter considers anything that agrees with his opinion is "intelligent" all others are irrevelant (asshole)
ROFLMAO nice.

Props to Dezalanel for having the first high-quality, intelligent post in this whole thread!! You rock man!!
No.

(True that.)

Originally posted by: darkmetal505
I also heard that Microsoft bought the patent to Apple's "click wheels" at the last minute because they got lazy to renew it.
Oh, shit? Now that's what I call business. Survival of the fittest, baby. Next time, the Apple won't be so rotten.

KoKo37
Fri, 12-02-2005, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by: Dezalanel
All. Just like last time. I currently have PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube. Of Next-Gen I already got my 360 the day it came out. I plan on getting Revolution and PS3 of course. I find all systems have their goods and bads. Each have unique games I enjoy so I get them all. Sony for its massive game library and my favorite RPGs. Nintendo for the classics and multiplayer goodness, and Microsoft for their shooters and online gameplay.

you know the problem about doing that is, there like 400 bucks canadian for one of the systems -.- lol, n in like a couple months it will be like 250 then 3 months 215 n so on lol. XD though if u got teh money i suppose you could >: ) lol

Shuurai
Fri, 12-02-2005, 05:29 AM
I'll probably get the PS3 on release but i'll wait awhile for the Revolution and 360.

Ryllharu
Fri, 12-02-2005, 07:24 AM
The PS3 is going to be absurdly expensive at launch, the games are going to be as well, they will be harder to program and take forever to develop. I'd consider getting one if Kitaragi wasn't so full of shit. 120fps my ass.

The Revolution seems like its a really good idea, but badly implimented. The old library is the best idea ever though, as long as they're not too expensive. I'd be buying every Zelda game made, as well as good old Excitebike. The controller seems really awkward. It will be great for the games that are made for it, but I can't see how it will play some of the old titles, and we can probably forget any and all 3rd party support. It's so different that you can't really make an opinion about it without trying it out. If the controller works really well and if it's cheap, I'll pick it up.

That leaves xbox360. There are a few inherent problems with them, and it doesn't look like that much of a step up, but remember the PS2 launch, they looked like crap because they were rushed, and underdevelopled. I own Timesplitters, so I remember. Give the 360 time, and it will be one of the more accessible consoles. I'm going to wait for the 2nd production generation to fix all the problems, and wait for a price drop, but this is hands down the one I'll be picking up.

Gears of War sold it for me.

el_boss
Fri, 12-02-2005, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by: Ryllharu
The PS3 is going to be absurdly expensive at launch, the games are going to be as well, they will be harder to program and take forever to develop. I'd consider getting one if Kitaragi wasn't so full of shit. 120fps my ass.
I've heard/read quite the opposite. That the games are easier to programme than for the PS2. As for the price, I don't think it will absurd for what you get. Also I don't think the games will be more expensive than what the 360-games are now. I don't know the prices in america but here in sweden they cost 700SEK which is almost $90, I pay around 400SEK ($50) for new PS2 games.

Turkish-S
Fri, 12-02-2005, 08:07 AM
damn man stop posting stupid posts >.< . give some game screens or vid.'s or consolpicture's...
i'll give you one .. you all have prob. seen this but for the ones that haven't yet.
http://www.eurogamer.net/assets/articles/a60967/ss_preview_MGS4_12.jpg

they say this is real gameplay screen but you'll never know with sony.

XanBcoo
Fri, 12-02-2005, 10:46 AM

No.

You understand he was mocking you, right?

That's what they want you to think <_<

That MGS4 screenshot looks pretty nice, but I guess I'll have to wait another 4 years for the next next-gen systems to be really impressed. I'm gonna get a Revolution though, at least for the Zelda games and the next Super Smash Bros. I'm really excited about those.

Teh XYZ
Fri, 12-02-2005, 04:45 PM
lol thats whats holding nintendo up, the zelda games...and of course everybody wants to invite their friends over for a super smash beatdown.

milfhunter doesnt see the mock...

milfhunter
Fri, 12-02-2005, 05:14 PM
Deblas copies my line and then overdoes it by adding, "You rock man!!" And you guys think that I don't see the mock?

You all are obviously intelligent, like your posts.

Oh, wait. Before you jump to any conclusions, I was just mocking you.

Teh XYZ
Fri, 12-02-2005, 05:19 PM
u cant be mocking me, i never said anything about intelligence
oh wait, before you jump to YOUR conclusion i'm not mocking you
...or am i?

aznroyale
Fri, 12-02-2005, 05:20 PM
good one

el_boss
Fri, 12-02-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by: Turkish-S
I'm pretty sure that Konami are making MGS4.

milfhunter
Fri, 12-02-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by: Teh XYZ
u cant be mocking me, i never said anything about intelligence
When did you forget the part where you said that I don't see the mock? So, actually, I can mock you, and I did.

If you guys don't stop flaming, I'm going to start giving out warnings.

GotWoot Moderator

Turkish-S
Sat, 12-03-2005, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by: el_boss

I'm pretty sure that Konami are making MGS4.

okey but almost every playstation game had/has superb cutscene's. so not only mgs..

el_boss
Sat, 12-03-2005, 06:23 AM
okey but almost every playstation game had/has superb cutscene's. so not only mgs..
Like this?

Killzone
http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2005/135/928377_20050516_screen001.jpg

Resident Evil 5
http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2005/202/929198_20050721_screen002.jpg

Devil May Cry 4
http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2005/258/928376_20050916_screen001.jpg

BioAlien
Sat, 12-03-2005, 07:34 AM
woah nice picture, these are for ps3, right? if so, sony have made a lot of procress since ps2 lol

Turkish-S
Sat, 12-03-2005, 01:01 PM
[quote]
Like this?

yep..
so i don't think this is the real game screens. or else the ps3 will be suberb compare to 360..

el_boss
Sat, 12-03-2005, 02:08 PM
so i don't think this is the real game screens. or else the ps3 will be suberb compare to 360..
The PS3 will be about twice as powerfull as the 360, or so I have heard.

XanBcoo
Sat, 12-03-2005, 03:23 PM
Those cutscenes honestly don't look much better than the cutscenes on the current systems...

el_boss
Sat, 12-03-2005, 04:55 PM
Those cutscenes honestly don't look much better than the cutscenes on the current systems...
Keep in mind that the console isn't even released yet and they are not taken from the final product. Also, they aren't taken from cutscened but from actual gameplay. With that in mind, I'd say they look pretty damn good.

Assertn
Sat, 12-03-2005, 05:55 PM
I'm sorry, but if any game had actual gameplay footage like this......

http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2005/202/929198_20050721_screen002.jpg

Then that would probably be the most awkward shooter experience ever.

Turkish-S
Sun, 12-04-2005, 05:06 AM
true, but it wouldn't be so awkward if this is your first personne view and you are looking at another guy...

el_boss
Sun, 12-04-2005, 05:27 AM
It's not a shooter, it's from Resident Evil 5. Though I said it was from gameplay, the message I wanted to convey was that it is from "in-game". It doesen't mean that you get that view while playing. It could be a shot taken by a designer to show the detail.

BioAlien
Sun, 12-04-2005, 05:46 AM
well if you want to compare the xbox360 with the ps3, i only found those info, i don't know if they are right but... it seem good...
Xbox360:
http://www.anime-kraze.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9146

Playstation 3:
http://www.anime-kraze.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9145

also revolution, but im not quite sure if these information are real
http://www.anime-kraze.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9143

Assertn
Sun, 12-04-2005, 03:19 PM
It's not a shooter, it's from Resident Evil 5. Though I said it was from gameplay, the message I wanted to convey was that it is from "in-game". It doesen't mean that you get that view while playing. It could be a shot taken by a designer to show the detail.

Which probably means that is the model of the character that may or may not be trimmed down once the actual framerate tests are performed

ChaosK
Sun, 12-04-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by: BioAlien
well if you want to compare the xbox360 with the ps3, i only found those info, i don't know if they are right but... it seem good...
Xbox360:
http://www.anime-kraze.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9146

Playstation 3:
http://www.anime-kraze.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9145

also revolution, but im not quite sure if these information are real
http://www.anime-kraze.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9143

not sure about the revolution but the other info on the other 2 looks valid.

Zinobi
Sun, 12-04-2005, 04:20 PM
i voted PS3 but i still want a Xbox 360 and fuck the revolution im not trusting nintendo anymore

milfhunter
Sun, 12-04-2005, 04:25 PM
What did Nin10 do to lose your trust?

Zinobi
Sun, 12-04-2005, 04:32 PM
with their almost failed Gamecube and mine burning out and losing interest in nintendo franchises like Mario (he cant just save the god damn princess) also with Sonic on multi platform i dont need to worry about my gamecube being dead.

BioAlien
Sun, 12-04-2005, 04:35 PM
probably, he was attacked by someone cosplaying Link, while he was cosplaying Ganon lol, so now he don't trust everything from nintendo ^^

but still nintendo are great to make new game, with the same damn character, again and again (everything with the name "Mario" in it), but we still don't know much about the revolution... so lets wait and see (i know thats there is going to be a Super Smash Bros : Revolution) lol

Assertn
Sun, 12-04-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by: Zinobi
with their almost failed Gamecube and mine burning out and losing interest in nintendo franchises like Mario (he cant just save the god damn princess) also with Sonic on multi platform i dont need to worry about my gamecube being dead.

Just because nintendo failed to satify your adolescent hunger for polygonal breasts and blood doesn't make the gamecube a failed system.

Deblas
Sun, 12-04-2005, 06:13 PM
Though Nintendo has really been exploiting Mario lately. It's not better than Xbox with their 400$ Xbox 360. The last game that was to save the Princess was Mario Sunshine. The rest are:

Mario Tennis, Paint, Golf, Party, Kart, Pinball, Superstar Baseball, Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix(really, this is just absurd), and now there is a new Mario Soccer.

milfhunter
Sun, 12-04-2005, 06:30 PM
You forgot to mention the Nintendo-EA collaborations that will bring characters from the Mario universe to the SSX games, though definitely only for the GameCube and Nintendo's handheld platforms. Don't know about you, but I can't wait.

Deblas
Sun, 12-04-2005, 06:48 PM
Okay. Have fun I guess. =/

Turkish-S
Sun, 12-04-2005, 07:08 PM
deblas you forgot paper...

and assertn stop fucking defending nintendo. the only game's worth playing on the ngc are: super mario ss, zelda WW, metroid prime/echo's, ssbm. maybe resident evil but haven't played this yet so i can't judge.. and this isn't enough for a whole fucking console.

el_boss
Sun, 12-04-2005, 07:10 PM
deblas you forgot paper...

and assertn stop fucking defending nintendo. the only game's worth playing on the ngc are: super mario ss, zelda WW, metroid prime/echo's, ssbm. maybe resident evil but haven't played this yet so i can't judge.. and this isn't enough for a whole fucking console.
Don't forget that you can connect your GBA to your GC and get super cool extras. If that's not worth buying a console for, I don't know what is.

Deblas
Sun, 12-04-2005, 07:27 PM
Been awhile since I played hand helds though I'm only saying that Nintendo is exploting Mario. Not that it's a bad console(though their latest innovations haven't been the best IMO). Just in case. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Assertn
Sun, 12-04-2005, 07:58 PM
Though Nintendo has really been exploiting Mario lately. It's not better than Xbox with their 400$ Xbox 360. The last game that was to save the Princess was Mario Sunshine. The rest are:

Mario Tennis, Paint, Golf, Party, Kart, Pinball, Superstar Baseball, Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix(really, this is just absurd), and now there is a new Mario Soccer.

Oh i know what you mean Deblas. Gameplay is nothing if your characters aren't some new-age, rugged, hairy chested badass wearing something trendier than a red cap and overalls. Nothing pisses me off more than a name-brand character from my childhood past.

Deblas
Sun, 12-04-2005, 08:17 PM
No, you don't know what I mean. Right now, with all the FFVII games coming out. I'm starting to worry that Square Enix is also going to do the same thing and start exploiting FFVII since they think it will be a huge hit. Nintendo are solely depending on Mario now. You can clearly see it. They are just taking typical multiplayer games and are adding Mario to it so it can sell better. What happened to the adventures of him saving the princess and fighting Bowser? weren't those the games that made you a fan of Mario in the first place?

Don't you think it's to much? I don't know about you but I don't want my favorite character to just suddenly start playing Golf, baseball, soccer, and do dance competitions while the real adventure games are completely forgotten.

Assertn
Sun, 12-04-2005, 09:52 PM
Nintendo ALWAYS used their trademark characters for all their games. If it didnt have a trademark character, then it wouldn't feel like nintendo.
The FFVII exploit is one thing, because their RPGs are always about telling elaborate and unique stories, but with nintendo's party games, that doesn't really matter.

It sounds to me like your complaint isn't so much about an overuse of mario's character, but rather an underuse of him in the single player adventures that we've all known him for.

Deblas
Sun, 12-04-2005, 10:15 PM
It's a little bit of both. An overuse in those party games and an underuse of him in single player adventure. Basically, I want them to stop using Mario in so many damn party games and focus their time on releasing more single player adventure mario games.

It's okay to have multiplayer party games that feature Mario. But lately that is ALL that they have been doing. In one month, we get an announcement of the release of Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix, then the next mont, we get an announcement of a Mario playing Soccer game. WTH is that? Can't they just sit down and make a decent single player adventure Mario game that will blow people away instead of releasing a multiplayer game featuring Mario every damn month?

aznimperialx
Sun, 12-04-2005, 11:01 PM
It's a little bit of both. An overuse in those party games and an underuse of him in single player adventure. Basically, I want them to stop using Mario in so many damn party games and focus their time on releasing more single player adventure mario games.

It's okay to have multiplayer party games that feature Mario. But lately that is ALL that they have been doing. In one month, we get an announcement of the release of Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix, then the next mont, we get an announcement of a Mario playing Soccer game. WTH is that? Can't they just sit down and make a decent single player adventure Mario game that will blow people away instead of releasing a multiplayer game featuring Mario every damn month?

yea i agree, they just trying to make more money from Mario Fans

Assertn
Sun, 12-04-2005, 11:42 PM
Eh, ever since Mario 64, single player mario games have never been the same. They've still released portable single player mario games though. Which is a good move because it allows them to go back to those simpler graphics/gameplay days and keep it cheap.

yea i agree, they just trying to make more money from Mario Fans

You're right aznimperialx. Nintendo is trying to make money by selling products with their trademarks in it. Just like pretty much every other major company in existence.

That was quite possibly the most obvious statement i've heard in the forums for quite some time.

Turkish-S
Mon, 12-05-2005, 03:31 AM
Yea assertn your right the gamecube is the best console ever made with the greatest games. And i feel stupid that i haven't bought it yet. damn man what have i done to my life the past few years. I threw them away without a GAMECUBE..

Now let's get back to the FUCKING TOPIC ..
WHAT CONSOLE WILL YOU BUY AND WHY.. AND DON'T JUST TELL WHY BUT GIVE US SOME INFO/IMAGES/VIDEO'S. SO IT WILL HELP US TOO IN OUR CHOICE IN BUYING A SYSTEM...

Assertn
Mon, 12-05-2005, 04:02 AM
Funny how you want to get back on topic yet you try SO HARD to get involved in my argument with deblas i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
Did you pause your emo game to run over and check if someone was talking to you? Cause you're mistaken.

milfhunter
Mon, 12-05-2005, 05:14 AM
I also like how he tries so hard to yell at you. But anyway, back on topic.

Nintendo Revolution will own you with even more multiplayer Mario games because that's how they roll. If you want a new single player adventure, ask one of your overrated third parties to make one. But wait, isn't Square Enix making a Mario basketball game for the DS? I bet that really chafes your ass now. I don't hear any of you bitching about EA's constant milking of Madden. Crash Bandicoot came crashing and Jak is a disaxter, all failed imitations of Mario mechanics. When Nintendo finally releases a new single player Mario adventure for the Revolution, don't even think about getting a Revolution because you can spend the next few years of your life pirating games for your Xbox like a Turk.

Dezalanel
Mon, 12-05-2005, 10:48 AM
Jak is a disaster? lol. Sorry but no it is quite a success. Same with Ratchet and Clank two great games series for PS2. Madden has to get milked every year to update rosters and graphics and such no surprise there. Revolution I will get just for classics but I am very questionable on the controller. Playing Zelda or Mario with a remote does not sound like fun. But oh well I could be wrong it could be the next great thing we never know. But we all know the only thing Nintendo has is its classics and a few choice games. Thats Nintendo though and I will contunue to buy them for just the classics even. Hopefully they are more successful in Next-gen I would hate to see them end up like Sega and just be a 3rd party.

Assertn
Mon, 12-05-2005, 02:11 PM
Actually, their remote seems like more fun to play with than....oh look at that....another controller...

Controllers were cool back in the 80s

XanBcoo
Mon, 12-05-2005, 02:23 PM
I think the Revolutions controller will mostly be a love it or hate it. Personally I can't wait to try it out. I just hope it's not awkward to use.

BioAlien
Mon, 12-05-2005, 02:58 PM
well for nintendo controler, i just hope they make a normal controller too

aznimperialx
Mon, 12-05-2005, 03:30 PM
when you tilt it to a 90degree angle it becomes a controller i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Assertn
Mon, 12-05-2005, 04:04 PM
there's also pictures of a controller-shaped holster thing that the remote slips into....looks kinda like those dreamcast controllers with the VMU slots

Don't you guys remember that revolution topic we had?

milfhunter
Mon, 12-05-2005, 04:26 PM
If it's ok for EA to update Madden with new rosters and graphics, then it's ok for Mario Party to be updated with new graphics and minigames, and it's also ok for all Mario sports titles to be updated with new graphics and gameplay mechanics. So, if Deblas wants to cry over Mario's "exploitation", don't leave Madden out of it.

And yes, Jak is a disaxter. Its "success" has declined with every sequel, and this closely parallels the stigma of Crash Bandicoot. I'm just going to call this the Naughty Dog Curse. And what's with Jak X Combat Racing? Imitate Nintendo's Mario Kart much? Fucking wannabes. Hey, want to read a cool rhyme? If you're still playing Jak, then you're whack.

Anybody who's questioning the controller -- instead of anticipating the possibilities -- probably doesn't have any foresight at all. But that's ok because you'll still be able to connect a "traditional" GameCube controller to play contemporary games. Better than that, Nintendo's Regginator and Shiggy have both said in interviews that they'll release an updated GameCube-style controller alongside the new controller. Do your fucking research.

dbznaruto
Mon, 12-05-2005, 04:42 PM
I'll get an x-box 360 eventually when the price comes down.

Dezalanel
Mon, 12-05-2005, 05:00 PM
Proof? Those are all rumors of this so called controller shell. And the pics of it are from IGN that they MADE themselves. And I never complained about Mario games. Your confusing me with Deblas. I happen to play Mario Party. And no Assertn I would prefer still using a controller. I really hope the PS3 does not come out with that boomarang controller I would rather just have like a wireless dual shock 2. If it is not broken why fix it? I feel nintendo tries to "change" everything too much thus hurting themselves in the process. But whatever if your into all their gimmicks so be it.

milfhunter
Mon, 12-05-2005, 05:01 PM
I'll get a PS3 when it's like $149.99 because I'm hoping they'll have disk read errors fixed by then. The only thing that could make me get a PS3 earlier is a FFVII remake; the only thing. I guess that quality Capcom franchises like Resident Evil and Devil May Cry could also sway my loins. Capcom is the only third-party developer/publisher that I give two shits about anymore after being sorely disappointed by Squaresoft's FFX a.k.a. emo bullshit about a faggot and his mean father. I just couldn't stand that storyline. Tetsuya Nomura is a fruitbag.

Proof? Those are all rumors of this so called controller shell. And the pics of it are from IGN that they MADE themselves. And I never complained about Mario games. Your confusing me with Deblas.
IGN wouldn't make their own concept designs of the controller shell if Shigeru Miyamoto and Reggie Fils-Aime didn't reveal it themselves in interviews with IGN. The only reason you don't have an official announcement of it is because it would have stolen the thunder from the new, revolutionary controller at TGS.

And I know that you never complained about Mario games. I'm not confusing you with Deblas. That's why I specifically said, "so, if Deblas wants to cry over Mario's 'exploitation' ..." I simply used your point about Madden to enhance my own point.

Anyway, I'm glad that you play Mario Party. I can't wait to see how Naughty Dog tries to copy it, but I also can't wait to take you on Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection with Mario Party and own you, if you're cool with that.

Dezalanel
Mon, 12-05-2005, 05:20 PM
What about the Ratchet and Clank series, GTA, Gran Turisimo, Tekken, Soul Calibur, Final Fantasy(I thought 10 was good but 10-2 was crap), Dragonquest, Kingdom Hearts, Shadow of the Colossus, God of War, Metal Gear, Onimusha...and more just a few I can think of.

Turkish-S
Mon, 12-05-2005, 05:52 PM
damn mod's plz warn this fag milfhunter plz.. just when everybody was going back to topic the faggot started all over agean. And Dezalanel plz ignore him.. maybe he'll shut up then.

And for the remote controler for the revolution.. i hope it will work out.. imagine a shooter with that.. maybe it will pwn the mouse.

milfhunter
Mon, 12-05-2005, 05:54 PM
I like the Ratchet and Clank series a lot. I've always liked Insomanic Games' shit, especially with fond memories of playing Spyro the Dragon all day back when I was like 12 or something.

Don't care for GTA, Gran Turismo, Dragonquest, and Shadow of the Colossus. Yes, that's right, I don't care for GTA. I said it. I'd rather play Crazy Taxi on Dreamcast and run people over in that game (if you can't, that's exactly the point, just keep trying). Oh wait, GTA is more than just about running people over? I guess I still don't care.

I'm not that big of a fan of fighting games anymore because it's almost like after you've played one, you've played them all. I only played Soul Calibur for like half an hour at the arcades before I lost interest. Tekken is retarded. The only fighting games I ever seriously enjoyed were Mortal Kombat 3 (I was deadly with Cyrax's combos) on SNES and the Street Fighter series, especially 3rd Strike at the arcades (godly art style).

I played Kingdom Hearts and realized that Squaresoft gave Tetsuya Nomura even more freedom at being a fruitbag. Also, Disney is for kiddies. I'd rather play Super Mario.

I plan to get God of War eventually to see how David Jaffe justifies his megalomaniacal ego because he's no Miyamoto (and Miyamoto's humble), but all of my interest has been wrapped up in the Prince of Persia series because it's superb.

I'm absolutely enthralled with Metal Gear's storyline, especially in the direction it's heading with Solid being an old man now. I can't wait for MGS3: Subsistence to hold me over till MGS4 comes out. But until PS3's price drops to $179.99 - $149.99, I'll be happy with my Nintendo Revolution and look forward to Kojima's Revolution project.

The Onimusha series is underwhelming. It's like Kingdom Hearts, rated M. I traded Onimusha 1 for Onimusha 2 because that's how bored I got with the first one. And then I lived to regret it because part deux is painfully stagnant when it comes to replay value.

damn mod's plz warn this fag milfhunter plz.. just when everybody was going back to topic the faggot started all over agean. And Dezalanel plz ignore him.. maybe he'll shut up then.
Why would the mods warn me when you're the one acting like a faggot in your own thread? Why do you even start threads when you can't string words together in a coherent manner? "plz warn this fag milfhunter plz.." Are you begging? That's sad.

Assertn
Mon, 12-05-2005, 06:07 PM
Proof? Those are all rumors of this so called controller shell. And the pics of it are from IGN that they MADE themselves. And I never complained about Mario games. Your confusing me with Deblas. I happen to play Mario Party. And no Assertn I would prefer still using a controller. I really hope the PS3 does not come out with that boomarang controller I would rather just have like a wireless dual shock 2. If it is not broken why fix it? I feel nintendo tries to "change" everything too much thus hurting themselves in the process. But whatever if your into all their gimmicks so be it.

It's not broken, but last i heard, they're paying out the ass royalties to the company that patented the dual-shock system. If they didn't change the design, they'd be shooting themselves in the foot.

Is gimmicks what they call innovation these days? At least they've got the balls to try something new. Other companies only want to stick with what has worked in the past, and are afraid to take any risks.

Dezalanel
Mon, 12-05-2005, 06:16 PM
Hmm Thats right I forgot about the Dualshock 2 issue = [. Sucks that they have to change that. Yes I call "innovations" that do not work out that great "gimmicks". I would not be saying this about Nintendo if it was the first time but "Innovation" is all they attempt lately. I just do not have much faith in them. Granted I hope it works out since I do like Mario, Zelda , Metroid etc.

milfhunter
Mon, 12-05-2005, 06:19 PM
And Nintendo doesn't only try something new for the sake of novelty. They want every generation of their systems to be a living, new experience. NES to SNES brought toggle buttons. SNES to N64 brought analog sticks. N64 to GameCube brought the first wireless controller. Let's switch that over to handhelds now. Game Boy to DS has brought touch screen technology. Is it sinking in that Nintendo innovates because they're just that damn devoted to it?

Yes I call "innovations" that do not work out that great "gimmicks".
Aren't you risking the mistake of speaking too soon, then?

Assertn
Mon, 12-05-2005, 06:25 PM
N64 also brought integrated 4 player support.
And gameboy...well we all know how the gameboy itself affected the gaming industry

It seems nintendo is pulling all the weight in moving the gaming industry to anywhere new these days. All sony and microsoft have to do is steal whatever works and play it safe the whole way through.

milfhunter
Mon, 12-05-2005, 06:31 PM
Yes, how could I forget about integrated four player support for Gauntlet Legends on N64? I'm humbled. Integrated four player support is perhaps the only idea that Sony didn't steal. Maybe it was too gimmicky?

darkmetal505
Mon, 12-05-2005, 08:05 PM
i wanna see super smash bros 3, thatll be sweet and a half

aznroyale
Mon, 12-05-2005, 08:26 PM
kinda surprise that ppl would get Revolution more than xbox360

dbznaruto
Mon, 12-05-2005, 08:30 PM
i/expressions/beer.gif

All I've seen you do is spam the place with the emotion icons. Those posts are now deleted and your temp banned for 3 days. Read the rules: No spamming and no double posting. Thats what the EDIT button is for.

GotWoot Moderator

basey44
Mon, 12-05-2005, 08:39 PM
umm, i think someones in trouble. lol

darkmetal505
Mon, 12-05-2005, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by: aznroyale
kinda surprise that ppl would get Revolution more than xbox360

well the only reason i would get one is for halo 3

EDIT: isnt dbznaruto being a smiley fag i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

aznimperialx
Mon, 12-05-2005, 10:50 PM
he got banned 3days alreadly

XanBcoo
Tue, 12-06-2005, 01:05 AM
That was quite possibly the most obvious statement i've heard in the forums for quite some time.

We've got a new winner!

he got banned 3days alreadly
Honestly, without this clarification I would have never been able to decipher that tricky mod edit 3 posts up stating the exact same thing
Edit: and sorry for more off topic bs.

milfhunter
Tue, 12-06-2005, 05:11 AM
Where the hell is Turkish-S to police his thread? It's going to shit.

Anyway, some speculative updates from the trenches: Shiggy Miyamoto has revealed at some convention or press conference that Nintendo has yet another ace that they're hiding up their sleeve, and that developer Valve (Half Life 1 and 2) is quite smitten with Miyamoto's Miyamojo.

Game designer Hideo Kojima (Metal Gear Solid creator and MIyamoto's bitch) has also said that he's working on a Revolution project unrelated to MGS but related to some other franchise (praying it's Castlevania). He also thinks that a good DS simulation game would be using the stylus to spank a girl's ass. I had no idea that he and I share pervert-sennin genes. Props.

el_boss
Tue, 12-06-2005, 06:44 AM
Game designer Hideo Kojima (Metal Gear Solid creator and MIyamoto's bitch) has also said that he's working on a Revolution project unrelated to MGS but related to some other franchise (praying it's Castlevania).
Since Kojima hasn't been involved with any Castlevani games so far, I think Zone of the Enders might be a better guess. Also likely, that sun/vampire game thing he produced for GBA.

Turkish-S
Tue, 12-06-2005, 11:39 AM
Where the hell is Turkish-S to police his thread? It's going to shit.

Anyway, some speculative updates from the trenches: Shiggy Miyamoto has revealed at some convention or press conference that Nintendo has yet another ace that they're hiding up their sleeve, and that developer Valve (Half Life 1 and 2) is quite smitten with Miyamoto's Miyamojo.

Game designer Hideo Kojima (Metal Gear Solid creator and MIyamoto's bitch) has also said that he's working on a Revolution project unrelated to MGS but related to some other franchise (praying it's Castlevania). He also thinks that a good DS simulation game would be using the stylus to spank a girl's ass. I had no idea that he and I share pervert-sennin genes. Props.

i gave up..

now i see it.. there is nothing that can save GW.. terra tried but it didn't help..

Assertn
Tue, 12-06-2005, 12:40 PM
Oh my bad. TS only wanted us to make a vote, and then say what systems we want. Elaborate debate about the contributions that consoles from the three main competitors have made to the gaming industry aren't allowed here.

There's nothing that TS HATES more than elaborate debates.

Turkish-S
Tue, 12-06-2005, 01:13 PM
lol...

if you don't see the difference between flaming and elaborate debates then what can i do...

The only fucking thing i wanted in this thread was info/image's/game footage et cetera et cetera... i don't care what you fags will buy. i also wanted to start a GOOD discussion about the NEXT GEN CONSOLES.. and not agean a flame ware about how the old consoles did. i've seen those "elaborate debates" already too many times.

XanBcoo
Tue, 12-06-2005, 01:56 PM
Milfhunter's news about Miyamoto and Kojima makes the Revolution seem even more promising. I don't keep up with a lot of gaming news, so there's not a lot I can bring to the table.

Any idea what the "ace" milfhunter mentioned could be? Is it something to do specifically with the Revolution or does it have to do with Valve? What I mean is, are we going to see more capabilities coming from the Revolution, or are they just referring to game production? Or both.

Assertn
Tue, 12-06-2005, 02:21 PM
It's not considered "flaming" to criticize a company. Unless the owner of the company is contributing to this topic, then he might find it offensive.

You don't want to know what we're gonna buy, yet you set up a poll to see what we're gonna buy? I dont even get it.
We do have topics already about posting images of next gen consoles though, if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, I don't know why you're upset...this is one of the most active topics on the forum right now.

el_boss
Tue, 12-06-2005, 05:10 PM
Any idea what the "ace" milfhunter mentioned could be? Is it something to do specifically with the Revolution or does it have to do with Valve? What I mean is, are we going to see more capabilities coming from the Revolution, or are they just referring to game production? Or both.
I'm guessing he's referring to Miyamoto's idea to make entire rooms involved in the games trough holograms or something like that.

milfhunter
Tue, 12-06-2005, 06:01 PM
Earlier, I said that Miyamoto spoke at some convention or press conference. For accuracy, Miyamoto spoke at the Digital Interactive Entertainment Conference in Kyoto, where a design manager (remind you of someone?) from Valve said that they're interested in making games other than first-person shooters (fuck). So far, all I know is that they're developing a cooperative building game where players can build machines online instead of shooting and killing each other. What the fuck? Are they serious? They really must be drunk on the Nintendo Kool-Aid. Miyamoto drugged them. Fuck. The only good thing about this is that it might be an RTS, but it's definitely going to be online, so could it be a genre-defining MMORTS? Everybody has been saying that the new Revolution controller will replace the mouse because it will be perfect for the FPS genre, but the RTS genre is also a heavily mouse-dependant and popular genre that could be easily catered to by the new controller. My guess is that because Miyamoto will have enough of a challenge marketing the new controller to the hardcore gamers who doubt its potential, he's going to want his surprise ace to be special, shiny software that showcases the innovation (and reasoning) behind the Revolution.

I'm guessing he's referring to Miyamoto's idea to make entire rooms involved in the games trough holograms or something like that.
As much as that shit would be cool, to actually have your basement holographically transformed into a Zelda dungeon with puzzles, I highly doubt the technology is economically producable yet. I'm pretty sure that if Miyamoto is excited about it, then Nintendo probably has a rudimentary prototype (if that) of it in their research and development labs, of which Miyamoto is the director. So I don't think that's their hidden ace for the upcoming generation, but probably in another ten years.

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 12-07-2005, 12:28 AM
I'm going to buy the nintendo revolution. The only console games I care for at this time are the mario and zelda adventure games, as well as ninja gaiden. But I won't be able to afford both systems, so I'll just get the revolution and wait till the x-box price drops. Hopefully, if any good rpgs or srpgs come out, they'll be on multiple platforms. By now I totally don't care about the ff series anymore, so, whatever.

Turkish-S
Wed, 12-07-2005, 01:52 AM
It's not considered "flaming" to criticize a company. Unless the owner of the company is contributing to this topic, then he might find it offensive.

You don't want to know what we're gonna buy, yet you set up a poll to see what we're gonna buy? I dont even get it.
We do have topics already about posting images of next gen consoles though, if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, I don't know why you're upset...this is one of the most active topics on the forum right now.

what if i started a thread with. "give me new next gen console images " do you think someone would care?? nobody would post. so i thought let's start a poll and then we can start a good discussion + i can get some new crap.

i'm upset becouse i don't want a fucking new nintendo was kiddy/failed system.. or halo sux discussion. i wanted something new not things i've heard over and over agean.. And the fact that you guys keep going on when i tried several time's to go back on topic.....

Turkish-S
Fri, 12-09-2005, 05:02 PM
WUUUUtTTTT check this out??/....i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Xbox 360 Slightly More Powerful Then PS3??? (http://www.totalvideogames.com/news/Microsoft:_Xbox_360_Slightly_More_Powerful_Then_PS 3_8996_0_16.htm)

comments??

el_boss
Fri, 12-09-2005, 06:16 PM
It sounds a little suspicious. He just says in some areas blablabla, so it could be anything. Like the PS3 has better graphics, sound or whatever. And the 360 weighs more or some shit like that. I'm not saying that it's total bullshit, maybe the 360 is "slightly more powerful" but that article wasn't all that convincing.

Turkish-S
Fri, 12-09-2005, 06:41 PM
lol yea..

And it is something microsoft said.. i don't think they'll say : ÿea ps3 is more powerfull then the 360. a bit objective.

Turkish-S
Sat, 12-10-2005, 01:35 PM
http://www.newgame.ru/ngcons/xbox360_ps3_nintendo_revolution_size.jpg

consoles.. prittyness
1: revolution So damn good looking
2: ps3
3: 360 damn still fucking huge

controler
1: 360
2: revolution if they can get it work a bit good.
3: ps3 damn that thing is ugly

el_boss
Sat, 12-10-2005, 02:23 PM
Great pic. I wasn't aware that the sizes differed that much, especially that the 360 was that large.

Assertn
Sat, 12-10-2005, 03:36 PM
So do those ports imply that PS3 will finally have integrated 4 player support?

el_boss
Sat, 12-10-2005, 03:56 PM
So do those ports imply that PS3 will finally have integrated 4 player support?
Those are USB-ports. PS3 has no controller-ports since it only has wireless controllers. I think one machine can handle 8 or 9 controllers.

Zhan
Sat, 12-10-2005, 03:57 PM
I thought the ps3's controllers were all blueooth powered, those ports look like its for something else.

EDIT: err yeah wat el_boss said.

milfhunter
Sun, 12-11-2005, 07:54 AM
That's sad; the Revolution vs. 360 looks like my old cable modem vs. a clunky first-generation DVD player. I have no idea how Microsoft intends to appeal to the Japanese market when they hated the Xbox for being too big ... and now 360 looks even bigger compared to Revolution which will obviously sell very well in Japan because they just eat that Mario shit up.

I'll probably get the PS3 when its price drops down to $249.99 as opposed to $179.99 like I originally said, depending on how severely Sony stomps the shit out of 360 with superior quality in games. It can go without saying that MGS4 will be sweet, but Killzone 2 still has an impression on me and there's still hope that Square Enix will continue to exploit FFVII into a remake. Shit, if they remake FFVII, I won't give a shit if PS3 costs $500. I'll work more hours like Ken Kutaragi intended.

For the record, PlayStation 3 will support seven controllers, wirelessly. But that really doesn't excite me as much as the two video output connections that PS3 will have. I really anticipate what Sony intends to do with that. Instead of dividing one television screen by half in Gran Turismo, you could hook up two televisions -- one for each player -- and that might actually interest me in GT4. Or they could emulate Nintendo's Dual Screen functionality and show character stats on one television and actual gameplay on the other. Or in RPGs, it could show you events that are occuring elsewhere in the world on one screen as a cause and effect mechanism depending on your actions in actual gameplay on the other screen. It's like DS without the handheld-orientation and touch screen technology. But then again, I read that EyeToy 2 will try to emulate the touch screen technology by not really letting you touch, but letting the camera recognize gamer movements, which really knocks out two birds with one stone because that'll directly compete with the Revolution controller too. Sounds sweet to me because it shows that Sony's gonna stomp the shit out of 360 performance-wise and try to hold its own against Nintendo innovation-wise.

BTW, did anyone else get a Xbox just to mod it so that they can play SNES and Genesis games on it? HAHA, fuck Microsoft.

KoKo37
Sun, 12-11-2005, 08:20 AM
well this is something another guy posted on a diff fourms n stuff so il jus quote it XD

G0$u /.\/0t3 : the first quote was from an actical and the second part was the guys post XD

After receiving a huge promotion from the press, buyers of the Xbox 360 in N. America say that they have experienced some issues when playing specific games.

Microsoft did not deny the promlems but said that they are "isolated".

"We have received a few isolated reports of consoles not working as expected," Microsoft spokeswoman Molly O'Donnell.

Enthusiast Web sites such as www.xbox-scene.com (http://www.xbox-scene.com) as well as Microsoft's own Xbox Web forum on Wednesday carried postings from Xbox 360 owners reporting that some systems had crashed during regular play as well as during online game play using the Xbox Live service.

Problems included screens going black and the appearance of a variety of error messages. In addition, the console has been reported to crash, possibly due to overheating issues attributed to the console's hard drive.

O'Donnell, who declined to say how many reports the company had received, said calls represent a "very, very small fraction" of units sold. The number of calls was not unexpected, she said.

"With any launch of this magnitude, you're bound to see something happening," she said.

O'Donnell said the best way to resolve the issues is to call 1-800-4MY-XBOX for trouble shooting. If that does not solve the problem, she said, Microsoft will repair or replace the unit.

Despite the issues, Microsoft corporate vice president Peter Moore has given the first firm indications of the company's sales ambitions for the Xbox 360 over the coming year, which see ten million consoles being shipped by the end of 2006.

Xbox 360 will follow up on its sell-out US launch with a European launch next Friday, December 2nd.

Cost estimation of the Xbox 360

In related news, a dissection of Microsoft's new Xbox 360 video-game console conducted by iSuppli indicates that IBM silicon is a key factor driving the cost and functionality of the product. But according to the iSupply analysis, Microsoft may 'losing money on Xbox 360'. The company's analysis of the cost of parts inside the game console resulted in an estimate of $525, far above the retail price.

IBM designed and co-manufactures the custom microprocessor that powers the Xbox 360, according to iSuppli, adding that the microprocessor is a triple-core PowerPC that runs at a frequency of 3.2GHz. At a cost of US$106, this single part accounts for 20.2 percent of the total Bill-of-Materials (BOM) cost for the Xbox 360 Premium, according to preliminary findings from the research firm. The IBM chip and other integrated circuits in the Xbox 360 total an estimated $340 per console, said the firm.

Other key semiconductors in the Xbox 360 include the Graphics Processing Unit, the memory and a southbridge I/O controller, noted iSuppli, adding that the GPU, designed by ATI Technologies to provide groundbreaking High-Definition (HD) graphics, costs an estimated $141, including embedded DRAM from NEC.

Factoring in costs for the hard disk, the DVD drive, enclosures, the Radio Frequency (RF) receiver board, power supply, wireless controller, cables, literature, and packaging - the total BOM cost for the Xbox 360 Premium reaches $525, well above the retail price of $399, according to the research firm.

If the teardowns are correct, it's clearly not what the world's largest software maker had intended for the Xbox 360.

"We're making money, not much money but we are making money," said Yoshihiro Maruyama, executive officer and general manager of the Xbox division of Microsoft Co. Ltd., Microsoft's Japan division, in an interview with IDG News Service in September this year.

"It will get cheaper over time. As we produce more the price will go down," he added.

sorry to dissapoint u xbox lovers but the 360 seems to be really bad...

lots of 360s are crashing and evreyone who bought them are complaining
And they have a problem with heat... lots of them are overheating... and they do not even have a fan in it

ok if they Actually dont got a fan, that would seriously piss me off if i bought one lol, i mean with that much powa how couldn't they put a fan in -.- lol, even if they were rushing for x-mas how hard is it to put a fan in >< lol. Anyways id probally get the Revolution because im hoping for a g0$u zelda game, n prehaps a uber mario one XD. or ssb3!! lol, also the others jus look obvious or retarded lol. ( course this is in like a year or something when the price takes a x3 cut -.-" lol )

G0$u 3])iT : also if this has been posted before my bad XD, couldn't find it newhere in this thread >: ) lol. also its just a fact that the lil guy is going to be the strongest.. -.- lol, least thats waht i hope for when watchin shows or playin games.... or something.... -.-" lol, i mean look at him in that picture.. hes like so gosu, hes hiding behind the playstation cause he knows the x-box is gonna tip over ne time and he has his blue lil lazer thingy ready to shoot if x-box cruses the playstation.... <--- ( ....im bored n i felt like typing something... -.- lol )

milfhunter
Sun, 12-11-2005, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by: KoKo37
G0$u 3])iT : also if this has been posted before my bad XD, couldn't find it newhere in this thread >: ) lol. also its just a fact that the lil guy is going to be the strongest.. -.- lol, least thats waht i hope for when watchin shows or playin games.... or something.... -.-" lol, i mean look at him in that picture.. hes like so gosu, hes hiding behind the playstation cause he knows the x-box is gonna tip over ne time and he has his blue lil lazer thingy ready to shoot if x-box cruses the playstation.... <--- ( ....im bored n i felt like typing something... -.- lol )
Are you on crack? Nintendo can leave people overjoyed like that. I know Miyamoto drugged you too; that devious little bastard.

KoKo37
Sun, 12-11-2005, 09:27 AM

Originally posted by: KoKo37
Are you on crack? Nintendo can leave people overjoyed like that. I know Miyamoto drugged you too; that devious little bastard.

no.. it cleary stated there were "No Drugs" in the soft drink that came with my shipped gamecube -.-t lol, neways i just hadda post waht everyone was thinking!... o.O lol. and if ne one doesn't know i think Miyamoto is the emporerer ( creator -.- ) of nintendo lol, neways lets not make this thread go to off topic XD lol

Assertn
Sun, 12-11-2005, 04:01 PM
Supposedly Microsoft stated that they lose $75 per console, not the $150ish that iSupply is claiming. In any case, all it takes is a few game/accessory purchases to offset that, but I still find it hard to believe that Sony could release something more powerful unless they're prepared to take an even bigger hit.

BTW, did anyone else get a Xbox just to mod it so that they can play SNES and Genesis games on it? HAHA, fuck Microsoft.

Yes. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
Also for watching Anime on my TV too.

darkmetal505
Sun, 12-11-2005, 06:44 PM
man, these consoles are going to be extreme. However, this time I dont think theyll completely eliminate the gamecube, ps2, and xbox.

Mite Gai
Sun, 12-11-2005, 09:47 PM
Meh, I wouldn't say the 360 is that bad-looking, to be honest I have to say they are all rather equal in my eyes overall as the blockiness of the Revolution turns me off a little, while the ugly controllers of the PS3 make me dislike it a bit, and the 360 still is a bit big though definitely an improvement over the original Xbox. Oh, and no offense meant milfhunter, but good luck on finding a PS3 at $249.99 after a few years even if they do well.

KoKo37
Sun, 12-11-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by: Mite Gai
Meh, I wouldn't say the 360 is that bad-looking, to be honest I have to say they are all rather equal in my eyes overall as the blockiness of the Revolution turns me off a little, while the ugly controllers of the PS3 make me dislike it a bit, and the 360 still is a bit big though definitely an improvement over the original Xbox. Oh, and no offense meant milfhunter, but good luck on finding a PS3 at $249.99 after a few years even if they do well.

no it will go down to that price in a few years for sure, Every game systems usally goes 1/4 price in a couple years since it came out, however since the new genertation of systems cost this much to make they'll probally only go for around 200-250$ stead of 99-150$ in the future T.T lol.

el_boss
Mon, 12-12-2005, 05:17 AM
Why does everyone keep coplaining about the ps3 controller? If you don't like it will probably come acceories that let you connect you usual dualshocks.

I think the ps3 controller is good looking and good for you.

http://www.ps3infos.de/bilder/playstation3pad.jpg

http://www.ps3infos.de/bilder/ps3controller.jpg

http://www.ps3infos.de/bilder/ps3padbuttons.jpg

Terracosmo
Mon, 12-12-2005, 05:39 AM
It looks like a boomerang

KoKo37
Mon, 12-12-2005, 06:13 AM
lols, i cant really judge it less i see it in person although it looks like my thumb wouldn't even be able to reach the joystick -.- lol. and yah it does look like a boomerrang lol

Ub3r 3])iT : also anyone got any screenies of the 360 or revolution controllers? im to lazy to search for them on google.. -.- lol

el_boss
Mon, 12-12-2005, 06:25 AM
It looks like a boomerang

The revolution controller looks like a remote control and the 360 controller looks like a shoe.

KoKo37
Mon, 12-12-2005, 06:34 AM
ok i just shot the lazy bug on me and went on google to find pics of them... well this is what i thought when i saw the revolution controller..

WTF!?!?!? lol

http://www.axess.com/twilight/console/detail/revolution.jpg

HOW THE HECK ARE YOU SUPPOSE TO PLAY THAT? lol i mean you would have to move your right hand *CONSTANTLY*.... i swear that better be a joke picture... -.- lol

360 controller... hey this one is kinda cool lol

http://home.btconnect.com/hgi/xbox2/xbox2controller.jpg

wait.. wtf? i found another pic of 360 controller... WHICH ONE IS REAL OMG.. lol

http://home.btconnect.com/hgi/xbox2/xbox-360-controller.jpg

ok im going to be pissed if its actually the 2nd one.. lol, also wtf are they thinking with the revolution controller... i mean are they like retarded? lol, though its probally just a gag XD.... ( praying ) lol

G0$u 3])iT : well if there waht im hoping they arent lol a different company could always make a decent controller for the systems XD lol

el_boss
Mon, 12-12-2005, 06:49 AM
Those are not the official 360 controllers.

And yeah the revolution looks like it will be a pain to play with. I mean you can't lay down and play from a comfortable position. You have to sit upright and straight in front of the tv for it to work properly. And it's really stupid that you have to buy alot of addons for the controller to be able to use it.

RedX1z
Mon, 12-12-2005, 11:40 AM
revolution controllers look like a detonator..

Assertn
Mon, 12-12-2005, 02:21 PM
Those are not the official 360 controllers.

And yeah the revolution looks like it will be a pain to play with. I mean you can't lay down and play from a comfortable position. You have to sit upright and straight in front of the tv for it to work properly. And it's really stupid that you have to buy alot of addons for the controller to be able to use it.

Actually....the second one is the official 360 controller. Unless best buy is using unofficial controllers for demonstrations now.

Why do you have to sit upright and straight in front of the TV? Did you even try reading the specs on it? It uses motion sensors to determine how you're moving the remote, not infra red. Therefore it doesn't matter what angle you use it from, as long as the relativity in movement is the same.

KoKo37: Try reading the topic dedicated to the revolution before freaking out -.- lol

Dezalanel
Mon, 12-12-2005, 04:53 PM
That first pic of an Xbox controller you have sux. The real 360 controller is the second one and is a GREAT controller. Big improvement since the FIRST xbox controller. I have the wireless version and it feels very nice you your hands. I would not call that the PS3 controller yet, they said they were still in the process of designing it so it could completely change from the boomarang especially since it is getting such negative responses. The revolution controller is going to be hit or miss. It is either going to be the next best thing since sliced bread or be total shit. It all depends on how well the implement it. Say for example in Zelda with the "remote" you could control Link's sword completely and basicly sword fight with the remote I think that would be pretty cool.

XanBcoo
Mon, 12-12-2005, 05:01 PM

So far those are my only worries about the controller. Is there any information on the range it will work from or if it has to be as el_boss says (sitting in front of the system, and not laying down, or whatever)?

Edit: Damn, I didn't even bother reading Assertn's post. My question was answered already. Sorry.

milfhunter
Mon, 12-12-2005, 05:49 PM
AssertnFailure already explained that you can use the controller from any angle, so it doesn't matter whether you're sitting up or lying down. The range of the Nintendo Revolution controller is up to 15 feet. I think that's sufficient. No idea what kind of set up you have if you need more than 15 feet, but surely someone will complain about this.

el_boss
Mon, 12-12-2005, 07:36 PM
[Actually....the second one is the official 360 controller. Unless best buy is using unofficial controllers for demonstrations now.

Why do you have to sit upright and straight in front of the TV? Did you even try reading the specs on it? It uses motion sensors to determine how you're moving the remote, not infra red. Therefore it doesn't matter what angle you use it from, as long as the relativity in movement is the same.

The 360 controller is not the real one. The colors are wrong and it's too shiny.

This is the real thing.
http://www.game-machines.com/consoles/syspics/xbox-360-controller.jpg

As for you explanation of the revolution. So you can actually point the controller away from the tv or whereever you put the sensor thing? Even so it will still be annoying that you have to move your entire hand instead of just the thumb when you are going to move. I still think it will be very difficult to maneuver in any other positon that "upright and straight in front" (maybe not straight in front but the front of the controller has to be aimed at the tv), just try rotating your mouse 90 degrees and you will see what I mean.

I agree with Dez that this is very "hit or miss". I think someone said that it all really depends on the game-developers. I don't think alot of non-nintendo games will have support for this, especially not games that are designed for multiple platforms.

Assertn
Mon, 12-12-2005, 08:12 PM
Oh, the D-Pad isn't white. Big whup.
The second pic still showed the same components, even had that thing in the center that lights up.

I'm going to have to repeat what I said to KoKo and suggest you look at the revolution thread again. They actually have a video link of an interview from 1up.com regarding the revolution, and they even TESTED it themselves. It doesn't take that much movement, and you're supposed to tilt your arm, not rotate your wrist around.

Some people don't seem to realize that 1st party companies actually test their products before they finalize anything.

el_boss
Mon, 12-12-2005, 08:36 PM
Oh, the D-Pad isn't white. Big whup.
The second pic still showed the same components, even had that thing in the center that lights up.
It's not just the D-pad that's off-color, maybe theres something wrong with your display but there are several things that differ.

I'm going to have to repeat what I said to KoKo and suggest you look at the revolution thread again. They actually have a video link of an interview from 1up.com regarding the revolution, and they even TESTED it themselves. It doesn't take that much movement, and you're supposed to tilt your arm, not rotate your wrist around.
I didn't say anything about rotating your wrist. I said "...it will still be annoying that you have to move your entire hand instead of just the thumb..." But now that you say that you have to tilt the entire arm, that's even more annoying. I'm not arguing wether the controller works in any direction, which you have explained that it does. I'm merely saying that you won't be able to play properly with it pointed at any direction. As I said "...try rotating your mouse 90 degrees and you will see what I mean". Maybe I wasn't clear, by "mouse" I meant the computer-mouse.

Some people don't seem to realize that 1st party companies actually test their products before they finalize anything.
So? Products can still suck even if they have been thoroughly tested.

ChaosK
Mon, 12-12-2005, 09:54 PM
hmm, instead of sitting here bitching about how much energy the revolution controller will use, how big the xbox is or how the PS3 controller looks like a boomerang how about we acctually wait to see how it acctually is like? i'll be laughing my ass off when the day PS3 comes out 10 poeple from this thread come back on go "THE BOOMERANG IS SO MUCH BETTER!" for reasons im unsure of.

Assertn
Mon, 12-12-2005, 09:57 PM
I didn't say anything about rotating your wrist. I said "...it will still be annoying that you have to move your entire hand instead of just the thumb..." But now that you say that you have to tilt the entire arm, that's even more annoying. I'm not arguing wether the controller works in any direction, which you have explained that it does. I'm merely saying that you won't be able to play properly with it pointed at any direction. As I said "...try rotating your mouse 90 degrees and you will see what I mean". Maybe I wasn't clear, by "mouse" I meant the computer-mouse.

You're being very presumptuous for someone who's never built an ergonomic device in his life to criticize a company that pretty much invented controllers 20 years ago...and basing this off a picture no less.

First of all, I use a wacom tablet at home and at work, and to use a tablet, i have to keep my arm suspended in the air as i move a stylus around. Moving your arm really isn't all that hard, and is much more ergonomic than moving your wrist.

Second of all, you're wrong about saying the game won't play properly pointed at a different direction. There's a thing called "calibration", where all movement is relative to the initial calibration point. If you hold a controller analog stick to the top when you turn your system on, then the default center position of that analog stick will act the same way as normally holding down on the stick would act. This is because it thinks the top of the the stick is center, and that the center of the stick is bottom. Same principal applies: It's all relative.

Probably the best comparison to make with the remote is to try out a gyro mouse. Actually, that's a damn good comparison now that I think about it, cause I've actually used a gyro mouse before, and it's pretty comfortable and functional.

Edit: oh I see what you meant by rotating a mouse 90 degrees. Still doesn't matter, though, because (at least last i checked) the device monitoring the motions are external from the remote itself, unlike a mouse where the monitoring takes place within it.

Turkish-S
Tue, 12-13-2005, 02:29 AM
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7184/assertnsuckysucky2qe.jpg

but if your laying in bed and want to play a game. it would be very uncomfratable. becouse you can't move the arm you are laying on...

1 HUGE + thing on the revo controler is that a left handed player could switch the stick thing with the controller..

XanBcoo
Tue, 12-13-2005, 02:45 AM
I'm not usually one to play games laying down facing the tv sideways, but I've seen people do it, so I agree that aspect might be a minor inconvinience.

But I'm more curious as to why you chose to draw someone playing the Revolution naked, TS...

Assertn
Tue, 12-13-2005, 02:54 AM
Yeah sure, I'll admit to that.....but who plays video games lying in bed anyway? Doesn't that kinda jack up your neck?

el_boss
Tue, 12-13-2005, 05:54 AM
Yeah sure, I'll admit to that.....but who plays video games lying in bed anyway? Doesn't that kinda jack up your neck?
It's all good. I like to use the "walrus" position when I play (singel-player that is). It's when you lay on your side or slightly tilted toward the tv from being on your back. I switch between this and the "it's getting serious" position, which is when you sit upright slightly leaning towards the tv.

Second of all, you're wrong about saying the game won't play properly pointed at a different direction. There's a thing called "calibration", where all movement is relative to the initial calibration point. If you hold a controller analog stick to the top when you turn your system on, then the default center position of that analog stick will act the same way as normally holding down on the stick would act. This is because it thinks the top of the the stick is center, and that the center of the stick is bottom. Same principal applies: It's all relative.
Ok yet again I didn't say that the game wont play properly, I said that you won't be able to play it properly. But this might not me a problem for people with exceptional hand/eye coordination (like myself). I don't think the revolution will need calibrate the remote, since it's motion-sensors and it probably doesn't need a center. And of course I understand that it's all relative. What I'm saying is that if you point the remote 90 degrees to the left, right will be towards the tv and left will be away from the tv. Or maybe even worse that right is that you must pull the remote towards your body and left you have to push it away (hope you get what I'm saying). I just think that this might mess it up for some (not all) people. [/quote]

Assertn
Tue, 12-13-2005, 12:56 PM
Ok yet again I didn't say that the game wont play properly, I said that you won't be able to play it properly. But this might not me a problem for people with exceptional hand/eye coordination (like myself). I don't think the revolution will need calibrate the remote, since it's motion-sensors and it probably doesn't need a center. And of course I understand that it's all relative. What I'm saying is that if you point the remote 90 degrees to the left, right will be towards the tv and left will be away from the tv. Or maybe even worse that right is that you must pull the remote towards your body and left you have to push it away (hope you get what I'm saying). I just think that this might mess it up for some (not all) people.

Yeah, I realized what you meant and addressed it in the edit I made in that post. If the sensers from the external device only registers a single point on the remote, then rotation of the remote is irrelevant, rather just its movement in 3d space is monitored. But I'm not too sure on those details. It all depends on how Nintendo wants to go about it.

milfhunter
Thu, 12-15-2005, 04:43 PM
I read a lot of people bitching about freedom of movement and/or playing position ... and I'm stupified by the irony of how it seems lost on all of you that Nintendo's controller actually is all about offering freedom of movement for the first time in the history of console gaming; that's what its purpose actually is. For fuck's sake, even after AssertnFailure's spoonfeedingly helpful posts, is it really necessary to reiterate why it's called the fucking Revolution?

it will still be annoying that you have to move your entire hand instead of just the thumb when you are going to move.
http://media.nintendo.com/mediaFiles/EdX2WT4zfrPiOI_RoY3JWEMfpGJXu5MG.jpg
That's what you would use the analog stick for, as has already been displayed in KoKo37's post. In fact, for those people who like to play video games while lying down, the nunchaku style of auxiliary analog control would actually offer you more freedom in movement than your contemporary controller because your hands don't have to be cramped within three inches of each other, and it won't matter whether you're left or right handed so it also won't matter whether you're laying on your left or right side; so it amazes me how Turkish-S missed that in his post because he was so close.

Ryllharu
Thu, 12-15-2005, 05:14 PM
I'm not about to go digging through this thread, so apologies if its been said.

But if it comes out at $149.99 or less, since Nintendo has all but admitted that $200 would be a ripoff, who cares? Supposedly it's easier to develop for, hopefully bringing in more 3rd parties for Nintendo (who's always been lacking good 3rd party support), and means game prices shouldn't be too inflated. So instead of taking 1.5 years to develop a High-Def game, you'd get games at a faster pace that still look pretty good, are more accessible without a new TV.

I saw a video of it playing HL2, and the motion really isn't as exaggerated as a lot of you are making it out to be. It's not much worse than moving a mouse.

If you people are too lazy to move a mouse, then I feel sorry for you. Even if its fairly decent control, its gonna be a blast to play. Especially some of the weirder titles that can really take advantage of the new adaptibilty.

milfhunter
Thu, 12-15-2005, 05:45 PM
$150 launch price would be a joke. $200 really wouldn't be a rip off, it'd be a bargain. In fact, $250 with a bundled game is what I'd consider the sweet spot price for both consumers and business profitability. But because i'm a Nintendo fanboy, I'd pay up to $300, just as well.

Can you find a link for that video of HL2 running on Revolution? I'd like to see that. CNN posted its own impressions today about the controller (http://money.cnn.com/2005/12/15/commentary/game_over/column_gaming/?cnn=yes) and says the same thing as you about the motion being exaggerated.

Assertn
Thu, 12-15-2005, 06:00 PM
Hmm, so the sensors are inside the remote after all? I thought they used an external device that was triangulating the remote positions.

milfhunter
Thu, 12-15-2005, 06:08 PM
It has both internal and external sensors that communicate with each other, a critical aspect of callibration. The external sensors act as the reference point so that the remote can work with TVs of any size and orientation, and the internal sensors act as the differential. It was explained in a GameSpot report by Miyamoto himself when the controller was first revealed. The CNN guy just failed to mention the external sensors.

ChaosK
Thu, 12-15-2005, 06:13 PM
i wanna give this a chance, it looks like it'd acctually be great for a kingdom hearts type game, you acctually get to slash down or something (i would hope)

Ryllharu
Thu, 12-15-2005, 06:21 PM
Here's one demonstrating how it works (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2063821498385606325&q=nintendo+rev olution) It's not the HL2 one, but it shows that you don't really need to move it that much either.

Here's the one of a guy playing HL2 with the controller. The image in the upper corner shows the controller at work.
The HL2 video (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6797958196289648405&q=nintendo&pr= goog-sl)

The only time he spasms the nunchuck part is when he basically turns 90 degrees.

milfhunter
Thu, 12-15-2005, 06:26 PM
Just saw those videos. The first one looks like a fan hack, so not very credible. The HL2 video isn't using the Nintendo Revolution controller so it's really a proof of concept (equally useful) rather than a bona fide demonstration. You wouldn't be using the remote to turn 90 degrees, anyway, because that would be an exaggerated motion. You'd use the analog joystick for that. The controller is used to aim the crosshairs in view. Much more efficient movement.

But anyway, in that CNN post, Reggie said that he wants to see a massively-multiplayer online game, so could it be a hint towards that Valve MMORTS game I was speculating about? Either way, Nintendo's obviously mad serious about Wi-Fi Connection (need I mention Mario Kart DS and the delayed Metroid Prime Hunters?). They're going to flip the script and make Xbox Live look like a gimmick. Sweet.

Assertn
Thu, 12-15-2005, 07:38 PM
Yeah, that was actually a gyro mouse he was using. But damn...kinda makes me wish the gyro mouse i got actually worked =(

KoKo37
Thu, 12-15-2005, 09:51 PM
well actually the revulution controller could be good in some ways, i jus found out that with an addon you can use it as a gun like you aim by moving the remote and shoot by a button and just move with the analog stick, and with a different addon i think i read somewhere you can use it for say fishing just move it up and use some buttons, that would be pretty cool n helpful XD, il quote waht Miyamoto said, and il also bold the stuff that i *Want* you to read if your to lazy to read it all lol.

Nintendo guru Shigeru Miyamoto says more secrets of the next-gen system will be unveiled next year.
TOKYO--Though it seems like Nintendo unveiled just about everything concerning the Revolution's controller at September's Tokyo Game Show, there are still some surprises in store, according to one of the company's most significant strategists.

At the Digital Interactive Entertainment Conference held in Kyoto, Japan, Shigeru Miyamoto, Nintendo's chief game designer and creator of the Mario and Legend of Zelda franchises, gave the keynote speech. He talked about the history of controllers for Nintendo's various consoles, from the pre-NES systems to current consoles like the GameCube. He ended his lecture with words toward the future, specifically the Revolution, stating that there's more to its controller than what's already known.

"The [Revolution's] controller still has another secret," stated Miyamoto. "But it's something that we'll reveal next year."

As a southpaw, Miyamoto takes into consideration gamers who "are in their right mind," as the saying goes. One of his first game projects at Nintendo in 1979 was to design an Arkanoid-style game machine called Breakout. Although he had had only two years of work experience at Nintendo at that point, he made sure the machine was designed to accommodate both left- and right-handed players.

Sharing a piece of Nintendo history, Miyamoto explained that the cross-shaped direction pad that's used for Nintendo's game consoles was originally created for the Game & Watch version of Donkey Kong in 1982. Up until then, Nintendo's Game & Watch series had used just two buttons for controlling the character. Donkey Kong required more-complicated controls since the original arcade version used a joystick. As a solution, Nintendo came up with the cross-shaped pad, which offers a similar control to the arcade version but comes in a flat compact design that allows the Game & Watch to be folded and closed.

Miyamoto said that the rise of complex controllers was one of the factors that contributed to video games' increasing complexity. Looking back at the SNES, he explained that its interface featured six main buttons, a vast difference from the two-buttoned NES. According to Miyamoto, the number of buttons on the SNES's controller was influenced by Capcom's arcade hit Street Fighter II. To simplify the controller as much as possible, the L and R buttons were set on the controller's sides.

Nintendo's first solution to the complication of controllers was introduced with the GameCube, which featured a giant A button that overshadowed all the others. While the console's controller has been a target of criticism, Miyamoto explains that it was Nintendo's way of saying that gamers should be able to play games by using only a single button.

Nintendo's challenge to simplify game controllers reached a new level last year with the launch of the DS, which featured a touch-sensitive screen that users could intuitively control with just a stylus. Miyamoto commented that the handheld gained a lot of female players in their 20s, and the DS succeeded in expanding its audience beyond gamers, which was Nintendo's long-term goal.

With the Revolution, Nintendo is trying to make a console that fits in with the living room, rather than a machine that focuses on high hardware specs. Miyamoto revealed that the Revolution's controller is purposely shaped in the form of a TV remote because it's something that everyone in the family will touch. He hopes the controller will introduce a more effective and fun way to play games. As an example, he pointed out that its nunchaku add-on can be used for first-person shooters. Players would use their left hand to move and their right hand for actions.

In addition to Miyamoto, the Digital Interactive Entertainment Conference featured a number of other big-name guests, including "the father of video games," Nolan Bushnell; Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima; and Pac-Man creator Toru Iwatani.

Bushnell, founder of Atari and creator of Pong, criticized the current game industry on the same two points often stated by Nintendo. He said that the rise of development costs is not allowing game makers to take on new challenges or delve into new innovations. He also said that today's controllers are getting as complicated as a PC's keyboard, and general consumers are reluctant to use them. Bushnell complimented the Revolution's controller during his lecture, saying that it's "on to a good idea."

Kojima also complimented the Revolution's controller during a discussion at the end of the conference. Speaking with Miyamoto and Valve Software's Robin Walker, he praised the controller, saying that he had a hard time restraining himself from leaking information before its official announcement. He added that the idea of making a game controller out of a remote control struck him completely by surprise.

Iwatani, whose speech preceded Miyamoto's, didn't comment on the Revolution or its controller directly. Instead, he shared his thoughts that the future of gaming may lead far from the living room, which goes against the visions of Nintendo. Iwatani explained that more and more people are starting to have a PC in their own room; as a result, he believes that in the future, games will be played on PCs rather than living room TVs. Iwatani speculated that PCs may soon come with a universal gaming chip in their motherboard. The chip would have all the functions needed to play games. Users would simply download games, and they wouldn't have to worry about compatibility problems, since all hardware functions would be embedded in the chip.
ok now to comment on the bold sections XD.

first : it has *another* surprize though not coming out till next year... i bet its jus a crappy addon or something just to get people excited -.-.
second : its been pointed out b4 but it can support both left and right hand players very well.
third : well i kinda agree playing with button is good, but personly i like lots of buttons makes it more challenging XD ( wouldn't like that many on a remote though that'd be to hard )
fourth : i really like the idea of having it for a shooting thing, that would be extremely helpfull and fun to use XD, although what im wondering is how expensive are the addons? they better not be like 25-35$ each -.-.
fifth : well the revolution controller isn't near as complicated as a keyboard -.-, however even if it was the keyboard rocks for playing games with tons of hotkeys and doesn't mean u gotta use em all.
sixth : umm surprize...? i was kinda hoping they would think it over with a group rather then a one idea from one person -.- ( well he probally thought of it then discussd with some other people, so i guess u can just ignore this last statement i just didn't like the word "surprize" in it lol )

well overall its better then what i expected at the start and i suppose like all controllers i kinda have to play it before i can judge it, seems every new controll that comes out i absoutley hate then i get use to it XD

also i dont think that quote has been said here yet, if so mines better with the bold -.-

Ub3r 3])iT : and it would also be good to get because ssb revolution is coming out once the system comes out XD

milfhunter
Sun, 12-18-2005, 08:43 AM
More buttons on a game controller or hot keys on a keyboard don't automatically or necessarily make a game challenging. It just makes too much shit. Intelligent, thought-out, and effective game design makes a game challenging. If you study game theory, and look at the game of Go, in which you only have one chip and few but strict rules, you learn that the open-ended design of Go makes it a lot more challenging than chess where you have six different pieces (pawn, bishop, knight, castle/rook, queen, and king), each with their own rules and different intricacies. If you're new at chess and play a grand master, he/she will have no challenge against you. But if you're a newcomer playing a master at Go, the master can still enjoy a bit of a challenge because of the design of the game. It's that simple. Nintendo knows this and designs its games around this ideal (check out Tetris Attack on SNES for an example, which I can't wait to download on the Revolution). That's why their games are some of the most challenging and fun that you can find on the market, such as Mario Kart DS.

Add-ons aren't anything new. You've already played them with Duck Hunt on NES, Super Scope on SNES, and the bongos for Donkey Kong on GameCube. So if you think add-ons are expensive now, then it's a moot issue. Besides, third-party publishers aren't going to be manufacturing third-party hardware (i.e., add-ons). Therefore, any add-ons that don't come standard with the Revolution console at launch will only be manufactured by Nintendo and specialized for Nintendo games, in which case they'll probably come packaged with the games they're specialized for as a set. So even if the add-ons cost like $20, the game might only cost $30, and you'd be paying $50 ... with the possibility of reusing the add-on for future games.

Assertn
Sun, 12-18-2005, 02:24 PM
$10 says the first game that will take advantage of the analog stick add-on will come pre-packaged with one.

milfhunter
Sun, 12-18-2005, 03:37 PM
$1 says that the first game to come pre-packaged with and take advantage of the analog stick is going to be Metroid Prime 3.

darkmetal505
Sun, 12-18-2005, 04:06 PM
$1 says that the first game to come pre-packaged with and take advantage of the analog stick is going to be Metroid Prime 3.

it might be a mario game

Assertn
Sun, 12-18-2005, 04:09 PM
Nah, usually the main 1st party releases try to present the primary capabilities of the system itself. It would be a contradiction on Nintendo's behalf to present a remote that's supposed to have all the functionality you need, but then only release a game that needs the analog stick.

Turkish-S
Wed, 12-28-2005, 06:57 PM
check this out xbox 360 hacked with psp. (http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=sbAQkuVcbaA&feature=Views&page=5&t=t&f =b)..

I think it's fake..

Assertn
Thu, 12-29-2005, 04:19 PM
I couldn't even tell what was happening

RedX1z
Thu, 12-29-2005, 04:28 PM
if i'm getting this right, the xbox can play emulators with the help of the psp on the big screen, but if that's right, then i find this video utterly pointless..

Turkish-S
Thu, 01-19-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by: UltxDarkRedX1
if i'm getting this right, the xbox can play emulators with the help of the psp on the big screen, but if that's right, then i find this video utterly pointless..

Dunno what it was just dropped it here...

Next Gen NES (http://www.playmessiah.com/onlinestore/index.htm)

lol this is funny.

Knives122
Thu, 01-19-2006, 12:43 PM
hmmm....why do I want this again?

RedX1z
Thu, 01-19-2006, 12:44 PM
which makes me wonder what the people are thinking nowadays..

another thing about looking at that console, it's priceless!i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Assertn
Thu, 01-19-2006, 02:05 PM
i dont get it. Aside from wireless support and built-in RGB, what does it do that the original NES can't?
Why is this even legal?

Phoenix20578
Thu, 01-19-2006, 02:18 PM
Why would you need wireless in the first place for NES games...

Turkish-S
Tue, 01-24-2006, 11:00 AM
@ phoenix.. maybe like the snes.??

does size really matter??

http://tinypic.com/j9ptw0.jpg

Divinity
Tue, 01-24-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by: Phoenix20578
Why would you need wireless in the first place for NES games...

Why would you need wireless for any games.

edit: Question... Is the revolution going back to regular size cds? Or is it still using the small ones, haven't really read up on the next gen consoles much.

Turkish-S
Wed, 01-25-2006, 02:27 PM
Gates: Halo 3 not countering PS3 launch
Microsoft chairman says "super great" shooter won't release until Bungie's say-so, Sony will have own supply woes for PS3 launch.
Each year, the Consumer Electronics Show is used as a forum for companies to show off the hottest products of tomorrow. One mainstay of the show that's always good for an industry-shaking announcement or two is software giant Microsoft. The company's chief, Bill Gates, always maintains a large presence at the show, and this year was no different.

In an interview with tech blog Engadget, Gates talked about the widespread shortages of available Xbox 360s in North America, echoing words spoken by Peter Moore, corporate vice president of Microsoft's entertainment division.

"The demand was phenomenal, and we did add Celestica as a third manufacturing partner," Gates said. "We think by the time we get to the 4.5 to 5.5 million unit level [in June] that the backlog won't be all that substantial. So obviously it's a good news situation, but we want to meet all the demand."

Despite what some would call a "shaky" launch, Gates remains chipper about the Xbox 360's first 50 days. "Well, you know, we're already successful. I mean, we're the hottest product there was at Christmas this year. I don't think there's any doubt we'll have a substantially higher share in this generation than we had last generation."

Obviously, the console's "substantially higher share" is largely dependent on its software library, and no other title will push more 360s out the door than Halo 3. At 2005's E3, Gates was quoted by Time magazine as saying that Halo 3 would be released at the same time as Sony's PlayStation 3, which is due later this year. Execs at Microsoft and developers at Bungie both scratched their heads at the statement, with Microsoft's president of the entertainment and devices division, Robbie Bach, bluntly saying, "Halo 3 is something that we'll ship when it's ready."

Gates admitted that his statement may have been premature. "It's up to the team [at Bungie] when they want to ship [Halo 3], and they're going to take their time to make that a super great product," Gates told Engadget. "So even we don't know when that will come out." Gates' comments already have industry pundits predicting that the game will likely now launch either in November, as have previous Halos, or around the premiere of the Halo movie in summer 2007.

With gaming consoles on the verge of transforming into "must-have" multimedia powerhouses, the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3 have made it known that their aim is to appeal to a broader audience.

"This is a business we're committed to, so we're just going to keep doing our best. We actually think the size of the market will grow quite a bit because of the idea that we've got music and photo capability, we've got this Arcade thing to appeal to different age groups, and we're going to get a better breadth of games this time, so we think the overall total units between us and our competitor will actually be quite a bit bigger this time around than it was last time, and that's good for all of us," said Gates.

As for the PS3's launch, Gates sees Sony having similar issues that hung over the debut of the 360. "[Sony] will have a year where they're supply-constrained, most likely, unless the thing is a complete flop. I mean, every video game [system] that [sells] decently at all is supply-constrained for its first year," Gates told USA Today. "We'll actually have shipped over 5 million [Xbox 360s] before anyone else comes into the market."

source gamespot

discuss

XanBcoo
Wed, 01-25-2006, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by: Gamespot
Gates was quoted by Time magazine as saying that Halo 3 would be released at the same time as Sony's PlayStation 3, which is due later this year. Execs at Microsoft and developers at Bungie both scratched their heads at the statement, with Microsoft's president of the entertainment and devices division, Robbie Bach, bluntly saying, "Halo 3 is something that we'll ship when it's ready."

Gates admitted that his statement may have been premature. "It's up to the team [at Bungie] when they want to ship [Halo 3], and they're going to take their time to make that a super great product," Gates told Engadget. "So even we don't know when that will come out." Gates' comments already have industry pundits predicting that the game will likely now launch either in November, as have previous Halos, or around the premiere of the Halo movie in summer 2007.

I love it. Gates trying to be a smart, cut-throat businessman, and everyone else: "No. Just...no."

That's good news for Halo fans like me. I won't be buying an XBox360, but I will enjoy the game to no end on everyone else's. It kinda bothered me when I first heard the game's release would be affected by the PS3's. It would be beneficial for Microsoft, but they hardly had the fans in mind.

el_boss
Thu, 01-26-2006, 06:36 AM
http://tinypic.com/j9ptw0.jpg
Wow, I did not know that the PS3 was that big.

The Revolution is a little interseting. The fact that they will be able to compete with the PS3 and 360 (in graphics that is), with a console that is about 1/4 of their sizes is pretty neat.

Assertn
Thu, 01-26-2006, 12:47 PM
They made it pretty clear that they weren't going to compete with sony and microsoft for graphics capacity. The plus side? Those of us who follow nintendo don't really give a shit about the boost in realism between the two newest generations, and would prefer the console costing half as much (which the revolution probably will) anyway.

Ryllharu
Thu, 01-26-2006, 02:18 PM
That, and developers will find it cheaper to produce on, meaning quality games with shorter production periods, and therefore (hopefully) more games in a shorter period of time. Money, which according to Tim Schafer and other innovative designers, is a big deciding factor in what gets a Green Light. Developers will be able to take bigger risks with the Revolution's games. The Revolution will have good 3rd party support this time around.

Who wants to play a game that looks great, but took 5 years to develop, costs $60-70, won't be innovative because they need to make up for the development costs and the market's reluctance to pay $70 for a shitty game so they have to tailor it to sell big (i.e. Sports, GTA-clone, FPS), but on the plus side, has smarter AI thanks to the processors? I'll take innovation, a cheaper price tag, and shorter development time any day.

With the controller, the Revolution has built-in innovative game play mechanics waiting to be exploited. It won't be so much of a risk because the revolution was made to be used that way.

That, and I'll beat Zelda: A Link to the Past 80 more times.

The PS3 on the other hand, still doesn't have final specs (since the ones the gave out aren't believable with the 'under $400' claim they made), runs out of a PC sized box for now (yeah, those proposed components really fit into that box as of right now) and they claim it's coming out in Spring? IGN posted this image a while back (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/628/628048p1.html) I'm sure this image is already in this thread, but that's bigger than most large PC cases.

Enjoy the $500+ price tag on it, I'll spend my extra 300 bucks on new games and awesome old classics.

el_boss
Thu, 01-26-2006, 03:50 PM
@Ryllharu: Are you saying that it will be impossible to make "ugly" games that don't utilize the entire power of the PS3 or 360? Why would a company choose to make a game for the revolution just because it won't need to look good?

My prediction is that developers will be to lazy to come up with innovative ways to use the controller. I really hope that they prove me wrong though.

Those of us who follow nintendo don't really give a shit about the boost in realism between the two newest generations, and would prefer the console costing half as much (which the revolution probably will) anyway.
That sounds awfully close to fanboy-ism.

Assertn
Thu, 01-26-2006, 05:02 PM
@Ryllharu: Are you saying that it will be impossible to make "ugly" games that don't utilize the entire power of the PS3 or 360? Why would a company choose to make a game for the revolution just because it won't need to look good?
People who buy PS3s and 360s will gauge the visual quality of the marketable games to whatever release raises the bar the farthest. Are you saying that you never look at a shitty 3rd party game and wonder why the graphics look so much worse than the more hyped-up 1st party ones? People won't buy a PS3 to play games that belong on a PS2.

That sounds awfully close to fanboy-ism.
That sounds awfully close to asking me if i care.

Ryllharu
Thu, 01-26-2006, 05:13 PM
Wouldn't people just complain that it was a bad game for not utilizing the full functionality of the 360 or PS3?

The production companies aren't concerned with the smaller group of people that play a game for good story or game mechanics, they're after the market as a whole (for the most part). The goal of the more powerful of the next gen systems is realism, the "great" looking games will be the big sellers.

People will make "ugly" games for the other two systems, it will just take much longer to make the good ones. The hastily made games will come out sooner, and unfortunately be inferior to all the games we'll end up waiting years for.

el_boss
Thu, 01-26-2006, 05:52 PM
I'm really sick of the notion all the good games only are released on Nintendos consoles. It seems like people forget that Nintendo also is a company who is out to earn money. The only reason they pretend to care about their fans is to get money from them. Nintendo isn't different from Sony or Microsoft, they all have the same goal. Stop thinking that Nintendo is you loveable uncle or something.

I don't think that PS3 and 360 owners will complain if the games don't have maximal graphics. There are at least as many people that want innovative gameplay and good story buying games for the PS3 and 360 as for the Revolution. It seems also that you have mixed up the terms bad graphics and bad design. Design is obviously what is important, if that is good people will not care if the graphics are not top-of-the-line.

That sounds awfully close to asking me if i care.
No, it was not a question.

Assertn
Thu, 01-26-2006, 06:22 PM
I'm really sick of the notion all the good games only are released on Nintendos consoles. It seems like people forget that Nintendo also is a company who is out to earn money. The only reason they pretend to care about their fans is to get money from them. Nintendo isn't different from Sony or Microsoft, they all have the same goal. Stop thinking that Nintendo is you loveable uncle or something.
Excuse me? Well that's a first. Usually the so-called "fanboyism" is applied to a person who chooses not to conform to the popular notion that Nintendo's games are inferior. I buy Nintendo games because they're fun, not because I feel that Mayamoto loves me. That was perhaps the most random and groundless statement you've ever said, el_boss.

I don't think that PS3 and 360 owners will complain if the games don't have maximal graphics. There are at least as many people that want innovative gameplay and good story buying games for the PS3 and 360 as for the Revolution. It seems also that you have mixed up the terms bad graphics and bad design. Design is obviously what is important, if that is good people will not care if the graphics are not top-of-the-line.
So tell me....what makes PS3 better than PS2, if graphics aren't your priority? Seriously.

el_boss
Thu, 01-26-2006, 07:26 PM

Excuse me? Well that's a first. Usually the so-called "fanboyism" is applied to a person who chooses not to conform to the popular notion that Nintendo's games are inferior. I buy Nintendo games because they're fun, not because I feel that Mayamoto loves me. That was perhaps the most random and groundless statement you've ever said, el_boss.
Who says that Nintendos games are inferior? I just don't think that they are neccessarily superior. I was referring to this.

The production companies aren't concerned with the smaller group of people that play a game for good story or game mechanics, they're after the market as a whole (for the most part). The goal of the more powerful of the next gen systems is realism, the "great" looking games will be the big sellers.
Maybe I misunderstood him, but that was the notion I got. You can't deny that there is a general feeling toward Nintendo, that they are the "nice-guys" in this business.

So tell me....what makes PS3 better than PS2, if graphics aren't your priority? Seriously.
Can you play the PS3 games on a PS2? If so, I will probably not buy a PS3, not right away at least.

milfhunter
Thu, 01-26-2006, 07:35 PM
Nintendo has announced a redesign of Nintendo DS. The new version will be called DS Lite.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/news/060126.jpg

The DS Lite name bares dual meaning. It will weigh lighter, and the screen will be brighter.

I personally prefer the current design, but a brighter screen and a lighter build are always welcome.

EDIT: If this comes in black, it will totally shit all over PSP even more. It will be like diarrhea. Oh God, that would be so awesome.

RedX1z
Thu, 01-26-2006, 08:09 PM
personally, i like the design for first one better. also, how much brighter does it have to be? it's more than plenty bright enough. i was wondering, does it have any new features that rumors had?

milfhunter
Sat, 01-28-2006, 08:05 AM
The only rumor I know of regarding Nintendo is that they plan on renovating all the classic titles that will be available for download on the Revolution. I think that Nintendo will pretty much have to add new content in games like new dungeons, puzzles, and levels because their games are already being pirated on PC, Xbox, and PSP. It's fucked up, but Nintendo might not even bother redoing the games, anyway. If they do, then it will close the debate on whether Nintendo cares about its fanbase or not. Personally, I think it's good enough that they even decided to have virtual consoles.

I just want more news on the PS3 to come out now. MGS3: Subsistence is going to start taking pre-orders in mid-February with a limited special edition release, and MGS4 is going to be the final chapter in the Metal Gear saga.

Assertn
Sat, 01-28-2006, 02:06 PM
You mean like all those GBA remakes nintendo released?

If they go through the effort of updating all the graphics, then they're gonna charge like, $30 per game.

RedX1z
Sun, 01-29-2006, 12:08 AM
i don't they'll charge that much, that's too much..

nintendo seems like the type that gives more fun for less.

milfhunter
Sun, 01-29-2006, 10:16 AM
I'm extremely worried about how much they'll charge. I can totally see Nintendo going chauvinist N64-style and charging as much as $40 a download.

Nintendo's execs have already acknowledged the Revolution's superior strength against Xbox Live Arcade due to the breadth of 20 years worth of classic titles alone. They'll just be like, "Oh, you wanna keep playing Geometry Wars? Go ahead. Tetris Attack on SNES is gonna cost you like ... $25, though. Run your pockets." And then they're gonna go Maddox on us and be like, "You're not doing us a favor by spending $25 on Tetris Attack. We're doing you a favor by letting you download it for only $25. You can probably find a copy of it on eBay for $5 if you prefer, but then you'll need a SNES console too. And sure, you can emulate it illegally on your PC. But how do you feel when you use your new $250 64-bit AMD processor to emulate a 16-bit game? We don't even care if you download them on PSP too. As long as you're playing Nintendo games on PSP, Sony can't make profits off of software sales. Matter of fact, that's probably why Xbox failed so miserably. Tee hee. SuCk On ThAt!"

But I, being the obsessive compulsive that I am, will feed into Nintendo's greed for a chance to beat you haters in Tetris Attack on Nintendo Wi-Fi.

EDIT: And you make a good point, Assertn, because they're going to have to go in and update the games to support Nintendo Wi-Fi, anyway. Forget updating graphics for now; think about the effort it'll take just to add in networking functionality.

Tekkaman Vigorot
Sun, 01-29-2006, 11:57 AM
They did have screen shot on IGN showing a Super Mario Bros remake, with updated graphics and junk like that. No prices have been finalized yet but I'm sure they wouldn't really charge you THAT much considering it's a download. Also, for games not their own, it depends on what the developers want the games to sell for, so if Megaman for some reason costs $1 more than all the other NES games, you go to Capcom, not Nintendo. XD

Oh yes, the final design of the Rev is going to be EVEN smaller! XD.

Assertn
Sun, 01-29-2006, 03:28 PM
I bet they are going to make as few alterations to the old games as possible. Because....

1) Look how long it takes to release a remake of an older game for gba. 1 mario game every what, 6 months? I haven't really been following, but don't they plan to have most of their NES, SNES, and N64 games available for revolution? It would be physically impossible to remake all of them before an even newer gen of consoles without considerably expanding their workforce.

2) NES files sizes are in mere KB, while SNES I believe are closer to the MB area. If they plan to transfer these things over the internet, then they want to keep them as compact as possible. The concept of wireless transferring N64 episodes unchanged already amazes me, let alone any further visual upgrades to all these games.

3) How big is the Revolution hard drive, anyway?

Ryllharu
Sun, 01-29-2006, 04:28 PM
I was asking my roommate about it, and the Revolution aparently has an SD card slot, more than enough to keep a tremendous amout of the old titles on it, and plenty of room for some 64 titles as well.

The three largest SNES titles are Tales of Phantasia at 6 megs, Seiken Densetsu 3 at 4 megs, and Chrono Trigger at 4 megs. There are other titles at 4 megs, but not too many. N64 titles are on average about 32 megs a piece. That's due simply to limits that a cartridge could hold those days. That probably led to the 64's downfall, since the cds on the other systems allowed for FMV's and other massive storage.

They won't bother upgrading the games, at least not at first. It's a lot more impressive a selling point to have the entire library available at launch. Even if they're only a couple of dollars each, buying 15-25 games for the same price as a new one is a very nice thing to have at launch. It worked with Steam and Half Life 2. I bought a Silver package and got 8 games for a single high priced PC game.

milfhunter
Sun, 01-29-2006, 07:21 PM
Look how long it takes to release a remake of an older game for gba. 1 mario game every what, 6 months?That could've been more of a business strategy than an issue of technical limitations. They probably wanted to give each release a long enough time period to maximize sales. If games like Beyond Good and Evil were to come out now for the Xbox 360 launch or something, I guarantee that game would be a bestseller. It's all about timing.

They won't bother upgrading the games, at least not at first. It's a lot more impressive a selling point to have the entire library available at launch.It's definitely impressive from a technical perspective (or in a numbers game) but if Nintendo really wants to compete against Xbox Live Arcade (and Nintendo has to if they're serious about attracting third-party support specifically from independent game developers), then retrofitting classic titles to support networking is a necessity.

Ryllharu
Thu, 02-02-2006, 11:17 AM
I'm kinda surprised this hasn't gotten into the thread. Well, this is just one inside guy's opinion, and be aware he is a 3D artist, not hardware, but follow the links in the comments to find the whole quote.

http://www.digg.com/gaming/Pla...oper_Fired_For_Talking (http://www.digg.com/gaming/Playstation_3_Developer_Fired_For_Talking)

I'd post the whole quote, but it's easy enough to find.

Also this quote from down further in the comments I couldn't agree more with:

"Hmm.. I think it was a bad move on Sony's part to fire this guy.
Sure he said some things that were really not good, BUT cause Sony fired him everyone is going to look at him and say "He speaks the TRUTH" people are now going to think that the PS3 is not going to be special, its really going to lack the power Sony has been saying and that the Xbox360 is more powerful. He was fired over it so Its most likely True.

If Sony was smart they should have just left the guy alone that way people would just assume it was some stupid Xbox-Fanboy Joke.
This is going to hurt them."

Either way, no matter how good it turns out to be if this guy was wrong, or if its all true in the end, this is a huge hit to the publicity on the PS3.

You can be sure I'm getting an Revolution. And maybe when the price drops, I might pick up a 360.

milfhunter
Thu, 02-02-2006, 04:40 PM
I won't touch a Xbox 360 because that abomination will lose its value the second that Microsoft announces Xbox 720 in two years.

Terracosmo
Sun, 02-05-2006, 06:16 PM
I'm sure that this question will shock you all, but I must ask it anyway.

What the FUCK is a DS?

It's been years since I actively followed console development, so all these new things coming out confuse me.

RedX1z
Sun, 02-05-2006, 06:19 PM
a ds is something made by nintendo. it has a dual screen, bottom screen being a touch screen used for the games that require it. a game boy with an extra screen? dunno.

ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS! SORTA.. (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/253824)

i don't blame ya, i didn't know what it was at first either. seriously, when was the last time you saw a nintendo ds commercial? least psp has commercials, stupid ones, but still a commercial "it's like cheese you can listen to outside!". what the hell does that mean?!

Terracosmo
Sun, 02-05-2006, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the info.

...so what's a PSP? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

RedX1z
Sun, 02-05-2006, 07:58 PM
ahem, a psp is basically a handheld made by sony which can be used for sorts of things, mp3, movies, games like emulation or just psp games in general, porn? the only thing rivals it's awesomeness is the ds due to the unbelieveable price for the psp and lack of games which they seem to be making up for little by little. the psp graphics are a little better than the first playstation, music and movies are great to watch and listen to when using headphones, when hearing the speakers for handhelds, they lack a lot of things, so, headphones would be your friend in this case. as for comfort, the psp beats the ds anyday, because it doesn't have that bulky feeling. as i said before, the games for the psp are nothing to drool over, yet, but the ds has many titles, but only has a little more than the psp.

so far, in my opinion, the ds is better than psp due to..well games. but i don't doubt the fact that the psp is a great system, they just don't seem to like using it to the full potential of it. if it wasn't for megaman i probably wouldn't have wanted it, but since it was a gift, i just couldn't have turned it down, but not to worry, i see plenty of potential or great games coming along.i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Terracosmo
Sun, 02-05-2006, 09:38 PM
So basically, the DS & PSP are both handheld consoles which can be used for lots of shit besides playing games. Got it.

I wonder if there are roms out for them yet! I want to play that MMX remake with Vile.

RedX1z
Sun, 02-05-2006, 09:39 PM
actually, the ds just plays games, nothing more..

on another note, must play megaman x remake, just to watch the new movies they put in it. also, to hear how badly they fucked up on the voices. also, it's already out, so it shouldn't take too long to crack or whatever.

darkmetal505
Tue, 02-07-2006, 05:32 PM
i dont know if this has been said, but super smash brothers 3 is a release title for the nintendo revolution with wi-fi.

ChaosK
Tue, 02-07-2006, 05:42 PM
So basically, the DS & PSP are both handheld consoles which can be used for lots of shit besides playing games. Got it.

I wonder if there are roms out for them yet! I want to play that MMX remake with Vile.

lol i have the japanese version i have no idea whats going on after i beat it with X because with vile as you beat a boss each in-duh-vidual weapon is upgraded (arm, shoulder, knee) but i have no idea which is which, and they're classified down even more (ex: shoulder cannon can be a rocket, or a laser each with its own specific weapons.) so i go on a FAQ looking at how to defeat a boss and it says use "plasma grenades" or something i'm sitting there shitting in my pants trying each one out...

and ultxdarkredx1, the japanese version aint fucked up i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

i didnt understand the words in "a day of sigma" but i got the jist of it.

el_boss
Tue, 02-07-2006, 05:56 PM
@Terra: There are roms for the PSP at least. But you need a huge memorystick to be able to store them.

Assertn
Thu, 02-16-2006, 02:39 PM
http://ds.ign.com/articles/687/687783p1.html
More on the DS Lite

RedX1z
Thu, 02-16-2006, 09:18 PM
if you ask me, they need more colors..

Konohamaru
Sat, 02-18-2006, 12:05 PM
PS3 FTW!

Aramis
Sat, 02-18-2006, 06:40 PM
PCs are all i need. in my room right now there's no way i can set up a couch, tv, and console. if the situation changed though and i'd have extra money i'd get the new PS. they clearly own the souls of all the leetest devs. nintendo? meh, i can play smash bros revolution at a friends place.
i'd never get online with a console though, it's strictly for the few great sp expiriences that will never see light on PC like MGS, FF, and so.

Turkish-S
Mon, 02-20-2006, 06:10 AM
alot of ps3 news... (http://www.maxps3.com/)

a little summary of what is in there:
"They start off by saying that the Cell Processor and the Blu-Ray drive are the main reasons that the PS3 will be expensive to produce, expensive as in it will cost them $900 at launch to produce one console, with this falling to $320 after three years."

"Reagrding a simultaneous worldwide release, ala Xbox 360, Yasuda said that this will not happen as the Internet infrastructures differ in each individual market - whatever that means. Another odd comment he made at the event was that Sony does not regard Xbox as a competitor, and may even consider working with Microsoft to develop games."

"SPonG are reporting that the offical launch date of the Playstation 3 in Europe will be a very late March 2007."

"Yasuda further said, Our primary competition is not other companies but counterfeiters. We want to work with governments to stop this - extremely bold words indeed, Sony isnt worried quite so much about the Microsoft Xbox 360, or the Nintendo Revolution, as they are about software pirates."

"It would seem that Sony are following the path that Microsoft have taken, and that a hard drive will not ship with every PS3 sold.
On the official Playstation product page the following statement appears:
"Storage media (HDD, Memory Stick, SD memory card, and compact Flash) are sold seperately."

discuss

Ryllharu
Mon, 02-20-2006, 07:18 AM
More and more, all I see is a failed launch for the PS3. Last E3, I was really excited about it, and was pretty much gonna go with it no question, until the media there figured out that just about all the "gameplay" was pre-rendered movies, and that a lot of the demo's for the PS3 were faked.

Now, they'll be taking a huge loss on the PS3, so there's no way it's not going to launch at less that $500. That, and there's no chance in hell they'll launch this spring, since nVidia (making the graphics cards) hasn't gotten any money for it last quarter, and they said flat out this coming quarter they will recieve nothing. That means they haven't even started making them. I'm willing to bet they don't even have a final specs set. That's why the European 2007 comment seems so valid to me.

They will launch with a very limited number of titles, probably less than 10, and we won't see any more titles for several months.

The Revolution will come out in November, Nintendo has already promised this, it will come out under $200 and will launch with not only a small number of Rev titles, but Nintendo's entire back catalog. Many people will say that they'll buy two systems, but I'd be pretty happy with just a Rev, and by then MS will have enough 360's out and will most likely price drop even for the Rev, if not the PS3 later.

The PS3 is the new 3DO. It will be a stillborn system.

So if you're really into it, buy the PS3 when it comes out on the far side of never, I'll use that same money to buy a Revolution AND a price-dropped 360.

Darknodin
Mon, 02-20-2006, 10:12 AM
okay... I just came on this thread but... as far as i know, nintendo hasn't announced pricing yet on the Rev. they had a poll asking if you would buy it if it was 199$ or 299$ i think. which doesn't mean anything. I doubt it will launch under 200USD, really.

Divinity
Mon, 02-20-2006, 10:22 AM
Unless I see some really good games that come out at the launch of the PS3 or Rev, I won't be buying one. At least not yet.

Ryllharu
Mon, 02-20-2006, 10:33 AM
Off a gamespot article: "Late last year, Nintendo executive Reggie Fils-Aime told CNN/Money correspondent Chris Morris that he expects the Revolution to be "at a lower price point than our competition."

Now, that must presume that the lowest priced competitor is the Core version 360, which is $299. The components in it are significantly cheaper, so Nintendo will be able set a price lower while taking the same percentage to loss. I would be absolutely shocked if it came out over $250.

masamuneehs
Tue, 03-14-2006, 08:09 PM
Well here is the much neglected Next Gen Console thread that was once enthroned upon the now disgraced Video Games Section...

I decided to use this thread rather than create a brand new thread on the matter because, well, that's really rather wasteful and would just cover up all the comments and news related in this thread wouldn't it?

Anyhow, here's the news. Looks like the PS3 is delayed until November...
Reuters, Nikei: "Ps3 delayed until November" (http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=internetNews&storyID=2006-03-14T223634Z_01_N3E302193_RTRIDST_0_OUKIN-UK-SONY-PS3.XML)
PC World's article (http://blogs.pcworld.com/staffblog/archives/001660.html)
ugh...

samsonlonghair
Wed, 03-15-2006, 04:40 AM
Delay, after delay. This is going to seriously effect Sony. They act confident, always assuming that all the Playstation/PS2 fans will buy the PS3 no matter what.
I have the feeling they're in for a bad surprise.

(still playing Sega Genesis)

Ciber
Wed, 03-15-2006, 08:48 AM
Link. (http://www.joystiq.com/2006/03/15/ps3-press-conference-it-begins/)

I knew it would be delayed... Suckers! All that waiting for a glorified dvd player. :P

*Goes back to enjoying his Xbox 360*

Turkish-S
Sat, 03-18-2006, 04:44 PM
Well here is the much neglected Next Gen Console thread that was once enthroned upon the now disgraced Video Games Section...

I decided to use this thread rather than create a brand new thread on the matter because, well, that's really rather wasteful and would just cover up all the comments and news related in this thread wouldn't it?

Anyhow, here's the news. Looks like the PS3 is delayed until November...
Reuters, Nikei: "Ps3 delayed until November" (http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=internetNews&storyID=2006-03-14T223634Z_01_N3E302193_RTRIDST_0_OUKIN-UK-SONY-PS3.XML)
PC World's article (http://blogs.pcworld.com/staffblog/archives/001660.html)
ugh...

pffff........ november in japan is January amerika and that is July in europe :(....:mad:

darkshadow
Sat, 03-18-2006, 06:32 PM
no it isnt, having you guys been reading? they said its gonna be shipped WORLDWIDE on november 11th, to north american, european and asian regions, with a million units at launch, im geussing 250k for america and europe each, and 500k for asia, but ofcourse it will prolly be sold out everywhere, for like ........months

Turkish-S
Sat, 03-18-2006, 07:45 PM
ow.. that's nice.

JD2825
Sun, 03-19-2006, 01:17 AM
Yeah I dont get this system that the major companys use were you have a very little amount shipped and causing chaos in the world well at least in my area and I do get that they make different versions of the consoles to be resold but shouldn't they just simply make another million worldwide its not like they loose more money since consoles get cheaper only as time goes by

Assertn
Wed, 03-22-2006, 08:52 PM
http://www.1up.com/media?id=2619067&type=lg
wow....10 player tetris? o.O;;

XanBcoo
Wed, 03-22-2006, 09:19 PM
And I thought the 4 player Tetris game for Xbox was extreme! <--Sarcasm.

I see that being fun for about 3 or 4 rounds.

Aeon
Sat, 03-25-2006, 01:50 AM
It looks like the PS3 will be region free which isn't a big thing for me since I don't import. That and the only over sea games I pay attention to are Final Fantasy releases which I'd actually wanna read so that I could enjoy them. People in Europe should love this news though.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/697/697656p1.html

ChaosK
Tue, 04-25-2006, 08:14 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6572022928069793103&q=playstation+3&pl=true

crappy video quality by graphics of PS3 look insane.

xDarkMaster
Tue, 04-25-2006, 08:31 PM
Some of the it does look awesome but I bet hardly any, if any of it, was in game graphics.

ChaosK
Tue, 04-25-2006, 08:46 PM
The part I'm excited about is the fact that they've (pretty much) finished the console. And that its coming out probably around late (novemberish) 2006, so it should get to the US by spring 2007.

Assertn
Thu, 04-27-2006, 03:11 PM
http://revolution.nintendo.com/

Hay guys, wanna come over to my house for some Wii?
Dude.....lets play some Wii

darkshadow
Thu, 04-27-2006, 03:17 PM
the name might be stupid, but its gonna be great

RyougaZell
Thu, 04-27-2006, 03:52 PM
http://revolution.nintendo.com/

Hay guys, wanna come over to my house for some Wii?
Dude.....lets play some Wii

Holy mother of Merlin... that name is.... lame...

seriously... revolution sounded way better...

xDarkMaster
Thu, 04-27-2006, 04:06 PM
That is...really stupid. Seriously, no one is going to call it "Wii." This idea is right up there in revolutionary things along with the controller.

Deadfire
Thu, 04-27-2006, 04:41 PM
That is...really stupid. Seriously, no one is going to call it "Wii." This idea is right up there in revolutionary things along with the controller.

I would if they added a "d",

*sigh* I'm sorry that was very lame

XanBcoo
Thu, 04-27-2006, 04:49 PM
Well, I dig the attempt at the name having a symbollic meaning, that's pretty cool. Like the site said, it's also a short name, kinda rolls off the tongue so it's fun and easy to say.

That said, it's also a dumb name in comparison to Revolution, which is probably what I'll be calling it for a long time.

Gamespot covers the name change (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6148462.html)

Terracosmo
Thu, 04-27-2006, 05:08 PM
It looks like the PS3 will be region free which isn't a big thing for me since I don't import. That and the only over sea games I pay attention to are Final Fantasy releases which I'd actually wanna read so that I could enjoy them. People in Europe should love this news though.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/697/697656p1.html

Fucking awesome. Best news I've heard in a long time.

PS3 <3

Raven
Thu, 04-27-2006, 06:39 PM
I'm a huge Nintendo fanboi but... I'm so worried now.

el_boss
Fri, 04-28-2006, 05:37 AM
Isn't there like a lesbian/gay tv channel in america that's called the we network or something. Maybe it should be pronounced "why" instead, as in dear god why are nintendo shooting themselves in the foot before a 100 meter dash.

The PS3 being region free thing is just insane and almost brings a tear to my eye.

masamuneehs
Fri, 04-28-2006, 07:38 AM
i also think the name sounds a little silly, as does the statement on Nintendo's website regarding the reason for the name, but guys, it's just a name! They could call it 'Interactive pixel processor intent on keeping kids fat and indoors', it's the same machine one way or another. That's part of the reason I like Sony's approach. PS, PS2, PS3. No frills, no trying to be flashy, just 'this is what's next from us'.

seriously, is anyone seriously going to take the new name into account when they decide to buy or not buy the Wii? Cuz you'd be a damn fool to.

The big news this week (semi-leaked) from Nintendo is about the Wii Nunchaku attachment
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/04/26/introducing-the-revolution-nunchaku-ki-ya/

And then there's the news about the wii controller having force feedback
Interview with Nintendo rep:
http://www.nintendorevolution.ca/04272006/06/nintendo_rep_nintendo_revolution_to_feature_force_ feedback

Deadfire
Fri, 04-28-2006, 08:00 AM
I think penny-arcade said it best

"You really must be joking. What names were rejected, that something like Wii remained vertical at the end of it?

The range of responses thus far have not been terribly surprising. It's the usual camps, really, and I don't know if these positions exist throughout all of human dialogue or if they are local to our merry band, but they are known to me. People who hate it because they hate X, people who hate it because it is not good, people who like it because other people hate it, people who like it because they are "above the fray," and people who like it because they like X. The first million times I saw this scene play out I could always find some piquant flavor in the proceedings, something that made each conflict unique. Now all I see is a kind of template superimposed over every motive, as though the argument were taking place between cells on a spreadsheet.

I'm uncomfortable with it because I think a word of alien origin like "Wii" is phonetically ambiguous for most people, but I doubt that I represent some genuine constituency. Nintendo clearly felt the name was so cryptic it required a Rosetta Stone alongside to contextualize it, which doesn't really speak to its deep strength or intuitive character. I believe, almost fervently, in their vision for the product - but I don't see any reason to do their public relations work for them. Enunciating each syllable clearly, I would call this moniker a profound error in judgement.

I'm aware that some people like it, or in any event they don't hate it. I am not those people, but I think that I can live in peace with them as long as they do not try and honestly suggest that the Goddamn name is emblematic of togetherness. What makes me mad isn't that Nintendo has chosen a name based on bizarre, interstellar philsophy. It's that they chose a name that was and is so readily used to obscure and discredit the imaginative power of the system.

Up until now, they've done an almost miraculous job maintaining enthusiasm for what is really a very unorthodox idea. To be honest, I sort of thought this would be the easy part."

And Comic (http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2006/20060428.jpg)

darkmetal505
Fri, 04-28-2006, 09:36 PM
Guys, its ok because wii can change the world. But, whatever, just give super smash bros 3.

BioAlien
Fri, 04-28-2006, 11:10 PM
heh.. now all that is left is for sony to make an annoncement about a big change on the PS3 name (just to follow nintendo... lol)

Raven
Sun, 04-30-2006, 09:29 PM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c175/uber_paddler/nintendflash.gif

http://187976.aceboard.net/187976-1128-1773-0-conspiracy-theory-about-nintendo.htm

Hmm, interesting theory, I don't buy it somehow.

samsonlonghair
Mon, 05-01-2006, 01:56 AM
I'm not so sure that calling the revolution "wii" is the worst idea in the world. Let's look at it from Nintendo's perspective:

The word "Revolution" sounds really damn cool in English, but it's damn near impossible to pronounce with a Japanese tongue. Twenty years ago they could simply call a console "Famicon" in one region and "NES" in another. Due to the prevalence of the internet this is no longer an option.

Nintendo has to pick a word that sounds the same in all languages. How do you do that? Simple: make up a word.

Wii (the urine jokes will subside soon enough)

Assertn
Tue, 05-02-2006, 02:27 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3Ilu8fKK_38&search=Wii
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bkzkvc96_XY&search=Wii

Lefty
Tue, 05-02-2006, 06:19 PM
That controler system will be the down fall of nintendo.