PDA

View Full Version : Mangekyou Sharingan

Divinity
Tue, 11-29-2005, 10:11 PM
I forgot where I heard this or seen it, but I think it was Itachi who said there are only 3 people capable of using the Mangekyou Sharingan. Himself, Sasuke, and someone else. Is that Kakashi?

The Sharingan discriptions on naruto fansites say that Kakashi can't obtain it cuz he isn't a true Uchiha, but chapter 276 proves it wrong.

So... Did Kakashi copy it from Itachi during their first encounter, or is there more to it than meets the eye?

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 11-29-2005, 11:17 PM
In my opinion Itachi didn't know Kakashi was capable after he explained about the 3 people, for the reason you stated, that he isn't a Uchiha. I think there's someone else.

TheNineTails
Tue, 11-29-2005, 11:18 PM
its kakashi

KoKo37
Tue, 11-29-2005, 11:24 PM
U3br 3])iT : This is gonna be a spoilor heavy topic if you never read the manga yet.. LEAVE~!.. Now!! right away!! lol and dont come back >< lol

no.. itachi never knew kakashi could use it at that time, so he means someone else, prehaps its like Obito or something.. although he died could be like a plot twist or something that he survived XD, or prehaps that the 3rd user is the akatsuki leader, since in the last panel of chapter 238, the leaders eye's black rings connect at exactly 3 spots, XD but it will be explained eventually in the manga.. probally -.- lol

G0$ 3])it : also what im curious about is what the "true meaning of Uchiha" is that sasake and itachi read under the tatami mat thing XD

1 more edit XD : of maybe the aksuki leader is Obito!! lol jus a thought XD

XanBcoo
Wed, 11-30-2005, 01:07 AM
KoKo37, this is the Open Discussion. Anyone who comes here is fully aware that manga material not yet shown in the anime will be discussed.

As for the topic, I agree with Azazel. It's obviously not Kakashi. He would be the 4th.

KoKo37
Wed, 11-30-2005, 04:01 AM
actually come to think of it.. he did say "capable", so maybe it was like that Shishun guy. ( i forget his name, was the guy itachi killed to get mangekyou sharigan XD so il jus call him Shishun.. close enough lol ) because maybe it was Shishun that wanted to kill Itachi in order to gain mangekyou, and Itachi killed him in self defense, thus gaining the mangekyou sharigan, and like then maybe Shishun while dying told him to go to the scroll place and stuff and it pissed Itachi off or something so thats why he killed everyone -.- lol. so maybe its like a super plot twist and Itachi's not really evil and the Uchiha clan was planning to do something bad or somthing so he killed everyone.. -.- lol, course that still leaves a bunch of questions n stuff but just a theory XD

Carnage
Wed, 11-30-2005, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by: XanBcoo

It's obviously not Kakashi. He would be the 4th.

Who would be the fourth what?i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

XanBcoo
Wed, 11-30-2005, 11:58 AM
The fourth Hokage.

What the hell do you think I mean? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif Itachi said that after Sasuke is able to use mangekyou, he would be the 3rd person to be able to use it. Seeing as how Itachi had no idea that Kakashi would some day develope his own mangekyou, he was not referring to Kakashi, but another person. Kakashi would be the 4th user of mangekyou.

I am kind of curious to know how Itachi knows all this information.

KoKo37
Wed, 11-30-2005, 01:24 PM
The fourth Hokage.

What the hell do you think I mean? Itachi said that after Sasuke is able to use mangekyou, he would be the 3rd person to be able to use it. Seeing as how Itachi had no idea that Kakashi would some day develope his own mangekyou, he was not referring to Kakashi, but another person. Kakashi would be the 4th user of mangekyou.

I am kind of curious to know how Itachi knows all this information.
i bet he got all the information from the evil scroll under the 7th tami mat thingy lol.

Originally posted by: God#2

It's obviously not Kakashi. He would be the 4th.

Who would be the fourth what?

Kakashi would be the 4th "Mangekyou Sharigan" user because Itachi said before that besides him and Sasuke only 1 other person was able to use it, and he did not know about Kakashi could be able to at that time, my guess is Obito that'll be a gosu plot twist lol .

http://img320.imageshack.us/img320/668/mangekyousharigan3rt.gif
theres it again if you already forgot it -.- lol

Divinity
Wed, 11-30-2005, 02:09 PM
Hmmm... I thought Kakashi was able to copy the Mangekyou, but maybe not.

I do think it has something to do with Obito though.

Necromas
Wed, 11-30-2005, 02:30 PM
UH, Obito is dead, so good luck with that.

He was talking about Kakashi as the third person, there is no way he could have not known about Kakashi's sharingan.

XanBcoo
Wed, 11-30-2005, 02:45 PM
He was referring to Mangekyou Sharingan. Now, I have not read the manga, but I was under the impression that Itachi found out about Kakashi's Mangekyou at the same time we did - that is, very recently.

There is no way he could have known Kakashi was the third person nearly 10 years prior. He was referring to someone else, making Kakashi the 4th user.

Divinity
Wed, 11-30-2005, 02:47 PM
He was referring to MANGEKYOU Sharingan. Now, I have not read the manga, but I was under the impression that Itachi found out about Kakashi's Mangekyou at the same time we did - that is, very recently.

There is no way he could have known Kakashi was the third person nearly 10 years prior. He was referring to someone else, making Kakashi the 4th user.

My only explanation for Kakashi obtaining the Mangekyou Sharingan is that he copied it from Itachi when they first encountered.

Kakashi didn't kill his best friend.

Which brings me to another point. I believe Itachi killed off his clan so no one could copy his Mangekyou.

XanBcoo
Wed, 11-30-2005, 02:56 PM
I HIGHLY doubt that a bloodline limit like Mangekyou Sharingan is copiable. Bloodline limits cannot be copied, and he did not copy it from Itachi.

And technically, Kakashi might have "killed" Obito, at least in his own mind. After obtaining the Sharigan and seeing his friend die (by what he beleived to be his own actions), he could have obtained Mangekyou.

This, of course, destroys my other point, as Kakashi would have had Mangekyou WAY before the current timeline, making it possible that Itachi was referring to him as the 3rd user. Kakashi might have also just recently developed his version of Mangekyou through other means (hinted at by Sasuke's "I'll find my own way to become strong").

I guess it just depends on how Kakashi got his Mangekyou.

KoKo37
Wed, 11-30-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by: Necromas

He was talking about Kakashi as the third person, there is no way he could have not known about Kakashi's sharingan.

i know hes dead, im just saying that it could be a plot twist and maybe hes still alive and was the third user XD, also if Obito was alive and obtained Mangekyou, maybe thats another reason why Kakashis sharigan could too XD

Divinity
Wed, 11-30-2005, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by: KoKo37

i know hes dead, im just saying that it could be a plot twist and maybe hes still alive and was the third user XD, also if Obito was alive and obtained Mangekyou, maybe thats another reason why Kakashis sharigan could too XD

For that to work, Obito would have to kill his best friend.

Necromas
Wed, 11-30-2005, 04:56 PM
He was referring to Mangekyou Sharingan. Now, I have not read the manga, but I was under the impression that Itachi found out about Kakashi's Mangekyou at the same time we did - that is, very recently.

Um are you stupid? He simply said Kakshi COULD get the mangekyou not that he already had one, if he was saying that, he'd also be implying that Sasuke already had one.

Divinity
Wed, 11-30-2005, 05:04 PM

Um are you stupid? He simply said Kakshi COULD get the mangekyou not that he already had one, if he was saying that, he'd also be implying that Sasuke already had one.

I'm pretty sure Itachi never said "Kakashi is capable of awakening the Mangekyou Sharingan within." or some anything similar to that. Yes, he said it to Sasuke, but I don't remember Itachi saying Kakashi is one of the three.

EDIT: After rewatching the episode, Itachi says in episode 131, at about 9 minutes in, that if Sasuke awakens the Mangekyou Sharingan within him, there will be 3 inluding Itachi who have ever used it.

Itachi doesn't mention who the 3rd is... So... It's not 100% correct that Kakashi is the 3rd.

XanBcoo
Wed, 11-30-2005, 05:35 PM

No, I'm not stupid. But what the fuck are you talking about? Where is that quote coming from? My point was, assuming Kakashi only recently acquired his Mangekyou, there is no way Itachi was referring to Kakashi as being the third user because he didn't know about it back then. In this case, Kakashi is the 4th Mangekyou user.

Of course if Kakashi acquired his Mangekyou early in his life (after Obito's death of course), and has had it throughout the series, it is very probable that Itachi meant Kakashi was the third user.

For reference, according to AonE's translation of episode 131, Itachi tells Sasuke: "If you awaken it, there will be three people, including me, who have ever used the Mangekyou Sharingan."

EDIT: Blah, I didn't see Divinity's post.

Tofu #2
Wed, 11-30-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by: Divinity

I'm pretty sure Itachi never said "Kakashi is capable of awakening the Mangekyou Sharingan within." or some anything similar to that. Yes, he said it to Sasuke, but I don't remember Itachi saying Kakashi is one of the three.

I believe Necromas is refering to XanBcoo, not Itachi, when he says "he."

PSJ
Wed, 11-30-2005, 06:34 PM
I forgot where I heard this or seen it, but I think it was Itachi who said there are only 3 people capable of using the Mangekyou Sharingan. Himself, Sasuke, and someone else. Is that Kakashi?

The Sharingan discriptions on naruto fansites say that Kakashi can't obtain it cuz he isn't a true Uchiha, but chapter 276 proves it wrong.

So... Did Kakashi copy it from Itachi during their first encounter, or is there more to it than meets the eye?

Kakashi's eye is called Chingekyou Sharingan for those of you who think he can use the Mangekyou. I hate to tell you but it's false, Kakashi is not the third Mangekyou user, he just developed his own Sharingan type jutsu.

Divinity
Wed, 11-30-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by: PSJ

Kakashi's eye is called Chingekyou Sharingan for those of you who think he can use the Mangekyou. I hate to tell you but it's false, Kakashi is not the third Mangekyou user, he just developed his own Sharingan type jutsu.

Where did you hear this?

Also.... In the Manga it clearly says "Mangekyou Sharingan" in big bold letters running down the page. After hearing this, maybe they just wanted us to think it was Mangekyou... But I don't know...

XanBcoo
Wed, 11-30-2005, 06:44 PM
I thought "Chingekyou" was just Mut joking around when the raw for that chapter was released.

Naruto_RNG
Wed, 11-30-2005, 07:15 PM
what? Obito knew how to use MS. isn't there any manga readers here. Obito didn't even manage to get the 3rd dot of sharingan what makes u think he had MS. and don't u think he would be alive and untouched if he had MS. have u guys seen the Naruto vs susake fight before the fillers began. susake didn't have MS but the 3 dots was enough to do major damage. ofcourse kakashi is the 3rd user. what makes u think he isn't?
itachi killed every uchiha excluding his little brother. so the option of the 3rd unknown person is already done, which leaves u with kakashi.

Divinity
Wed, 11-30-2005, 07:24 PM
Ahhh so many different opinions.... hehe... I'm sitll gonna stick to my idea that Kakashi somehow copied Mangekyou Sharingan. First off, Sharingan is a bloodline limit and it can't be copied Yes, but Tsukoyomi is a jutsu and Kakashi probably copied it and gained access to the Mangekyou Sharingan.

XanBcoo
Wed, 11-30-2005, 07:32 PM
Ahhh so many different opinions.... hehe... I'm sitll gonna stick to my idea that Kakashi somehow copied Mangekyou Sharingan. First off, Sharingan is a bloodline limit and it can't be copied Yes, but Tsukoyomi is a jutsu and Kakashi probably copied it and gained access to the Mangekyou Sharingan.

Tsukiyomi and Amaterasu are both justu done with the MS through the eyes. There is nothing to copy, and Kakashi didn't copy it.

Originally posted by: Naruto_RNG
ofcourse kakashi is the 3rd user. what makes u think he isn't?
itachi killed every uchiha excluding his little brother. so the option of the 3rd unknown person is already done, which leaves u with kakashi.

There is always the possibility that Kakashi only just recently developed the MS, therefore he wouldn't be the 3rd user. It could be that the 3rd user was killed by Itachi (possibly Shisui), or that the first user ever has been dead for X-hundred years. We don't know.

But for the record, I'm starting to beleive it is Kakashi.

Divinity
Wed, 11-30-2005, 07:42 PM
Well the 3rd user probably has been dead for X-hundred years which is why there is even a record on how to gain the Mangekyou Sharingan.

darkmetal505
Wed, 11-30-2005, 08:15 PM
i bet the first user was the first of the Uchihia Clan

KoKo37
Wed, 11-30-2005, 08:33 PM
what? Obito knew how to use MS. isn't there any manga readers here. Obito didn't even manage to get the 3rd dot of sharingan what makes u think he had MS. and don't u think he would be alive and untouched if he had MS. have u guys seen the Naruto vs susake fight before the fillers began. susake didn't have MS but the 3 dots was enough to do major damage. ofcourse kakashi is the 3rd user. what makes u think he isn't?

its just a therory that he might of survived that rock cave in, or something though actually come to think of it again, i dun really think he was the third one capaible of it, however personly i think he is still alive and i think hes that Tobi guy in akatsuki with the one eyed mask lol, he personality also sorta resembles Obito too XD

anyways it could be Kakashi, it could someone not even introduced yet, it could be someone whos dead, or someone else XD, but i guess il stick with my 2nd therory XD and say that Shishun? ( cant remeber his name -.- lol ) guy could have obtained it >: ) lol

Originally posted by: KoKo37
actually come to think of it.. he did say "capable", so maybe it was like that Shishun guy. ( i forget his name, was the guy itachi killed to get mangekyou sharigan XD so il jus call him Shishun.. close enough lol ) because maybe it was Shishun that wanted to kill Itachi in order to gain mangekyou, and Itachi killed him in self defense, thus gaining the mangekyou sharigan, and like then maybe Shishun while dying told him to go to the scroll place and stuff and it pissed Itachi off or something so thats why he killed everyone -.- lol. so maybe its like a super plot twist and Itachi's not really evil and the Uchiha clan was planning to do something bad or somthing so he killed everyone.. -.- lol, course that still leaves a bunch of questions n stuff but just a theory XD

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 11-30-2005, 11:31 PM
Obito is not coming back, he was squashed like a little bug because he's a weakling.

Natural selection always applies, kiddies.

Ero-Fan
Thu, 12-01-2005, 12:20 PM
Itachi did say that Sasuke would be the third person ever to use the MS, right? That means the first two had to come before that flashback, so odds are it was the guy who wrote the scroll describing how to acquire the MS, since I doubt Itachi just figured out on his own that he had to kill his best friend just to get it. They'll probably never mention the guy who wrote the scroll ever, so we're probably stuck not knowing who it was.

Naruto_RNG
Thu, 12-01-2005, 03:18 PM
Ero itachi said he is one of the three. that three includes susake too when he gets it. but i still say it is kakashi. itachi never said that the scrolls teach u how to obtain MS. he said the scrolls have the secret jutsus of the clan. i'll watch the eps again, but i'm sure it was something along those lines. he said he achieved it by killing his best friend. and i don't think out of all uchiha clan some guy and itachi and soon to be susake were the only ones who achieved MS. as for obito being alive, i'll tell u again he's dead, can't be alive nor akatsuki leader cause the leader has two eyes from what i saw in the manga & anime and both eyes looked alike. as for him beign a member of the group don't think either, he would of come back to village when his injuries were healed.

Gen
Thu, 12-01-2005, 05:33 PM
Im pretty sure his brother meant that sasuake would be the 3rd user ever. Its a "very rare trait" of what is a rare trait to begin with.

XanBcoo
Thu, 12-01-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by: Gen
Im pretty sure his brother meant that sasuake would be the 3rd user ever. Its a "very rare trait" of what is a rare trait to begin with.

Pretty much.

But keep in mind if Kakashi could have acquired Mangekyou before the entire Uchiha massacre. Perhaps Kakashi was the first to ever use it.

I don't beleive this myself, it's just a possibility. I'm of teh opinion that the first user ever lived long before Itachi and wrote down all the secrets of the Sharingan in that room under the tatami mat.

ChaosK
Thu, 12-01-2005, 10:46 PM
...i doubt kakashi acquired mangekyou before because why would he let itachi beat down on him then? why not mangekyou back.

KoKo37
Thu, 12-01-2005, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
...i doubt kakashi acquired mangekyou before because why would he let itachi beat down on him then? why not mangekyou back.

yah, or why didn't he use vs zabuza if he was about to die then XD, anyways i doubght it was kakashi XD

XanBcoo
Thu, 12-01-2005, 11:51 PM
Kakashi was not about to die when he fought Zabuza. He owned Zabuza's ass. Actually, most of his injuries came from him letting Zabuza hit him...but that's not the point.

CK, yeah, you're right. If he had it back then he could have used it on Itachi. I guess that proves he's not the 3rd user.

Naruto_RNG
Fri, 12-02-2005, 11:39 AM
kakashi couldn't use his MS because he was caught off gaurd by itachi's, and it would of been pointless if he would of used it since he was in illlutionary world. wast of chakra. if kakashi has a MS not something else, then each MS has it's own set of moves. itachi's is illutionary and kakashi's could be something else i don't know what to call that black hole thing kakashi did to sasories weird friend, forgot his name. why would he use it against zabuza, sharingan was more than enough for him. u guys are forgetting that MS use a lot of chakra mainly for kakashi. if u don't believe go read the magna and see wut happened to kakashi when he used it.

Divinity
Fri, 12-02-2005, 02:01 PM
kakashi couldn't use his MS because he was caught off gaurd by itachi's, and it would of been pointless if he would of used it since he was in illlutionary world. wast of chakra. if kakashi has a MS not something else, then each MS has it's own set of moves. itachi's is illutionary and kakashi's could be something else i don't know what to call that black hole thing kakashi did to sasories weird friend, forgot his name. why would he use it against zabuza, sharingan was more than enough for him. u guys are forgetting that MS use a lot of chakra mainly for kakashi. if u don't believe go read the magna and see wut happened to kakashi when he used it.

Kakashi also said he wasn't good at using MS yet. So it could only mean that during the time-jump is when he learned to use the MS.

Jadugar
Sat, 12-03-2005, 07:55 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that there are three MS users and three different ways to achieve it?

XanBcoo
Sat, 12-03-2005, 08:00 PM
Depends on who those 3 users are Jadugar.

If you're referring to Kakashi then that depends on how he got his. If you're referring to the unnamed 3rd user, then we have even less knowledge about how he/she got theirs. And Sasuke doesn't even have his yet.

Jadugar
Sat, 12-03-2005, 08:07 PM
It appears to be Kakashi unless Kishimoto comes up with another one of his twists.

death-wing
Tue, 12-06-2005, 01:18 AM
wait, i thought obito only had the two circle tingy sharingan, cuz he died right after he got the sharingan, and i woulda sworn that itachi said that the third person was some guy hella long time ago who learned the secret, which made acheving mangekyou a semi-forbiden thing to acheive and for sure, kakashi is the 4th

XanBcoo
Tue, 12-06-2005, 01:51 AM
For reference, according to AonE's translation of episode 131, Itachi tells Sasuke: "If you awaken it, there will be three people, including me, who have ever used the Mangekyou Sharingan."
That's all the info we have. We know it is not Obito because as you said, he died just after gaining his sharingan. Kakashi might have developed Mangekyou shortly after the Kakashi Gaiden and just has not used it (or has been unable to use it effectively) until the chapter he uses it in (haven't read it, just going off of what I've heard). It's also possible that he only recently developed the MS during the 3 year gap, and the 3rd user Itachi referred to was either someone who lived long ago, or someone who has yet to have been revealed to us.

It's kind of a moot point.

Divinity
Tue, 12-06-2005, 11:15 AM
To get Mangekyou, you have to kill your best friend. So this is where it gets confusing. Time will only tell.

EDIT: OMG OMG OMG I KNOW!! Kakashi killed Gai!!

XanBcoo
Tue, 12-06-2005, 01:48 PM
There's a chance that Kakashi "killed" his best friend (Obito) because he really beleived Obito's death to be his own fault.

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 12-06-2005, 02:19 PM
Oooh.. the plot thickens.

Carnage
Tue, 12-06-2005, 03:46 PM
But then couldnt that just make it so all the character has to do is believe he killed his friend to get the M. sharingan? Then sasuke could just imagine that he killed Naruto to get the M. sharingan.

Ero-Fan
Tue, 12-06-2005, 03:59 PM
Problem with that would be Sasuke knew Naruto was alive when he left. Kakashi saw Obito die, so he could blame himself all he wanted.

Not that I like the theory, but whatever. Maybe Kakshi caused the rock to land on Obito somehow...

Divinity
Tue, 12-06-2005, 04:24 PM
Eh... I highly doubt it has anything to do with Obito.

XanBcoo
Tue, 12-06-2005, 08:09 PM
The theory isn't solid. I'm just pulling stuff outta my ass until it makes sense.

So far the only known way to acheive Mangekyou is by killing your best friend. We know that Kakashi feels a great deal of remorse for the death of Obito (and possibly Rin), because basically any dialogue concerning Kakashi's past hints that it was a really big deal for him. During the Kakashi Gaiden he says "If I'd gone along with what you said and went with you to rescue Rin, none of this would have happened" as Obito is dying. He also questions his abilities as a commander and a Jounin, so it's obvious to see he feels at least somewhat responsible. It's possible he blames Obito's death on himself and beleives he killed him indirectly. Whether or not that gave him the Mangekyou is questionable, however.

Gen
Wed, 12-07-2005, 01:02 PM
We dont really know if its the ONLY way. We know its the only known way.

Assassin
Wed, 12-07-2005, 02:08 PM
what im intrested in is if kakashi's move WAS teh mangekyou sharingan or not. It mite just be my imagination, but i could swear it looked different then what itachi had. Its possible that its some variation of it, not the exact same thing that itachi has.

Carnage
Wed, 12-07-2005, 03:42 PM
yeah, it did look different. Instead of the three pupils combining into one uber huge pupil with 3 edges, kakashi's sharingan had 3 uber sharp long pupils just barely connected.

chet_chetty
Wed, 12-07-2005, 09:15 PM
I'm positive Itachi did not have Kakashi in mind when he said there are 3 potential users including himself and Sasuke. Itachi got MS right after killing Usuui (sp). Kakashi had already come to grips w/ Obito's death way before he developed his version. So those past feelings have no connection to him achieving his current MS.

darkmetal505
Wed, 12-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by: chet_chetty
I'm positive Itachi did not have Kakashi in mind when he said there are 3 potential users including himself and Sasuke. Itachi got MS right after killing Usuui (sp). Kakashi had already come to grips w/ Obito's death way before he developed his version. So those past feelings have no connection to him achieving his current MS.

yea, i think your right. Itachi said something like "the sharingan was made for the uchihia body, but it is still impressive that you have mastered it this much"... or something to that extent. I dont think he would ever expect kakashi to develop it or something

Divinity
Wed, 12-07-2005, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by: Assassin
what im intrested in is if kakashi's move WAS teh mangekyou sharingan or not. It mite just be my imagination, but i could swear it looked different then what itachi had. Its possible that its some variation of it, not the exact same thing that itachi has.

Well.... MANGEKYOU was clearly written on the page in the manga. I think it would be pretty stupid for Kakashi to say MANGEKYOU! and then realize that it was a totally different thing. Not to mention that he's a "genius" too. I mean I could see them making Naruto say something like that, but it would make it pretty dumb for someone to mistaken their own jutsu/technique.

(speaking of this, reminded me of the episode where Naruto wanted to learn Chidori and he kept begging Kakashi. Then you hear Naruto screaming "CHIDORI! CHIDORI!" try to do it. LOL!!!)

chet_chetty
Wed, 12-07-2005, 09:51 PM
then again that's the going assumption that you get MS by killing your best friend. Sasuke will more than likely get MS and it wont be by the aformentioned. plus i think Itachi had a specific person in mind when speaking of the 3rd person (him obviously intending Sasuke as the 2nd)..and it certainly was not Kakashi.

Plus Kakashi's version has a completely different effect (in addition to his eye looking different than Itachi's) then the Uchiha version. More than likely it said "Mangekyou Sharingan!" in the manga just for fan service and also to throw people off.

KoKo37
Thu, 12-08-2005, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by: Assassin

yah it does l,ook complety different, but waht now im also confused about when he said "Its A New Sharigan"

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4233/narutoch276p028iy.png

well it has the same name though it looks and does different things o.O so i dunno lol

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/7034/narutoch276p048ua.png

also sorry the pics are so big, forgot to resize n didn't feel like doing it again -.- lol, personly i dunno who the third user is, for all i know it could be danzou or sai -.- ( doubght it though lol ) though personly i dont think he was talking about Kakashi XD

XanBcoo
Thu, 12-08-2005, 12:53 AM
I hadn't read that part in the manga, or seen Kakashi's Mangekyou, but that is definitely quite different than Itachi's. I'm pretty certain Itachi didn't mean Kakashi was the 3rd user.

bagandscalpel
Thu, 12-08-2005, 01:05 AM
Well, to me it looked as though Itachi was caught off guard when (I assume) he figured out that Kakashi had developed the M. Sharigan. Unless of course, by bowing his head in silence he fell asleep or something...

I'd say Itachi was referencing someone else.

Gen
Thu, 12-08-2005, 04:57 PM
Im still pretty sure it goes something like

1st user - long dead member of the Uchiha clan. Made the scrolls with the info on how he obtained.
2nd user - Itachi (whos already greatly gifted) finds the hidden scroll, kills his homey, gets Mangekyou Sharingan. A short time afterwards and with his family finding out or on the verge of finding out goes mad and kills everyone but Sasuake.

About 10 yrs later or whatever - Sasuake and Naruto have their Battle but Sasuake is unable to kill Naruto.

-Anime hasnt had these parts yet so i may be wrong-

A short time after - Kakashi learns Mangekyou Sharingan to the surprise of.. well everyone

chet_chetty
Thu, 12-08-2005, 05:52 PM
nah man..1st user as you put is is alive and well

XanBcoo
Thu, 12-08-2005, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by: Gen
Im still pretty sure it goes something like

1st user - long dead member of the Uchiha clan. Made the scrolls with the info on how he obtained.
2nd user - Itachi (whos already greatly gifted) finds the hidden scroll, kills his homey, gets Mangekyou Sharingan. A short time afterwards and with his family finding out or on the verge of finding out goes mad and kills everyone but Sasuake.

I'm going with this theory until we learn how Kakashi obtained his Mangekyou. Though I do want to add that Itachi didn't go "mad". He killed off the clan to test his own limits, and I'm certain it had nothing to do with them finding out that he had Mangekyou.

Jadugar
Thu, 12-08-2005, 06:32 PM
I totally agree with Xan. The above theory is a solid one or maybe thats what Kishimoto wants us to believe. We need to know the secret behind Kakashi new MS before we can get to a final conclusion. As for now Kakashi's character is taking a break and attention has been diverted to the newly arrived characters, Sai etc. We wont see him or his MS in action soon.

anphorus
Thu, 12-08-2005, 07:05 PM
Can anyone post up close ups of both Kakashi's eye when he used the Mangekyou and Itachi's? I think they looked slightly different, which could mean that the Kakashi's Mangekyou is a sort of alternate version, perhaps..

XanBcoo
Thu, 12-08-2005, 07:09 PM
Well, Kakashi's was posted on the previous page. The point has already been brought up that it is different than itachi's, but in the manga it did say "Mangekyou". In fact, it could be that all Mangekyou Sharingans look different, as we've only seen 2 so far. Again, further clarification about Kakashi's "new sharingan" is needed.

Edit: had the pic here, see Jadugar's post below.

Jadugar
Thu, 12-08-2005, 08:35 PM
Here are the two MSs and I bet that Sasuake's MS will be different from these two.

http://img310.imageshack.us/img310/3650/ms9hw.jpg

Divinity
Thu, 12-08-2005, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by: Jadugar
Here are the two MSs and I bet that Sasuake's MS will be different from these two.

Perhaps... It could be like the cursed seal where everyone had a different design.

Jadugar
Thu, 12-08-2005, 08:58 PM

Perhaps... It could be like the cursed seal where everyone had a different design.

However Sasuke's MS will be much more powerful than the two mentioned above.

Assertn
Thu, 12-08-2005, 09:23 PM
kakashi not even having veins popping out of his eyeballs lead me to believe that his is just a lesser form of itachi's

Jadugar
Thu, 12-08-2005, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
kakashi not even having veins popping out of his eyeballs lead me to believe that his is just a lesser form of itachi's

Picture of Kakashi's MS is taken from the manga whereas Itachi's MS picture is from the anime.

I cant remember if the manga showed Itachi's veins popping out.
Also the anime might show Kakashi's vein when that part finally gets animated.

Another reason might be that Kakashi does not have "Uchiha" blood in his veins.

darkmetal505
Fri, 12-09-2005, 12:27 AM
magekyou means kalidoscope or something. Its natural that different users have different styles of it.

Gen
Fri, 12-09-2005, 09:15 AM
Im not sure in what world killing your whole family, including your extended family, leaving only your kid brother alive for seemingly no reason still makes your sane, but in my little world it means theres quite a bit of something wrong with you.

Assertn
Fri, 12-09-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by: Jadugar

Picture of Kakashi's MS is taken from the manga whereas Itachi's MS picture is from the anime.

I cant remember if the manga showed Itachi's veins popping out.
Also the anime might show Kakashi's vein when that part finally gets animated.

Another reason might be that Kakashi does not have "Uchiha" blood in his veins.

he had veins in the manga too

anphorus
Fri, 12-09-2005, 08:08 PM

It's true: Itachi's (http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/6010/itachisharingan2sn.jpg)

Jadugar
Fri, 12-09-2005, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by: anphorus

It's true: Itachi's (http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/6010/itachisharingan2sn.jpg)

Interesting.............

With this compelling evidence Kakshi so called MS is even more comlex to explain. I am sure Kishi has worked out all the fine detail behind this major development.