PDA

View Full Version : Game: Suikoden V

Xollence
Tue, 11-29-2005, 05:36 PM
Japan release date: Feb 23, 2006.

Screenshots:

more screenshots... (http://www.rpgamer.com/games/suiko/suik5/screens/suik5ss112605.html)

Hopefully it wont suck as much as the fourth. They changed the battle system back to 6 characters and added a bunch of old Suikoden characters. It actually looks pretty decent, I hope they change the large party battles back to the way it was in Suikoden 2.

aznroyale
Tue, 11-29-2005, 05:41 PM
looks awsome and graphics are nice

Paulyboy
Tue, 11-29-2005, 06:18 PM
Its looks alright, but they should add some really cool characters, with better dress styles. I liked part 3.

Xollence
Tue, 11-29-2005, 06:49 PM
lol Paulyboy was your old gotwoot name Itachi_? I just noticed your mediahalo account hehe.

Terracosmo
Tue, 11-29-2005, 08:27 PM
What's the story of the game, are they jumping forward in time like they did with S1/2/3 or are they jumping back even more like 4?

Nai
Tue, 11-29-2005, 09:42 PM
Yuber better be in it.

dark maginn
Tue, 11-29-2005, 10:31 PM
looks awsome graphics look nice

Xollence
Tue, 11-29-2005, 11:16 PM
I'm sure it's going forward in time since Georg Prime is gonna be in it.

Paulyboy
Wed, 11-30-2005, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by: Xollence
lol Paulyboy was your old gotwoot name Itachi_? I just noticed your mediahalo account hehe.

Lol no, I stole this from itachi's sig lol. I cant make my own sigs or find any. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif. I need someone to help me make one!

Terracosmo
Wed, 11-30-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by: Nai
Yuber better be in it.

So fucking TRUE. Yuber is the best.
I used to have an awesome Yuber banner at a Suikoden forum. :S
(Unnecessary info #298142)

I do think I prefer him in his black clothes & hat over the armor though even though that one is awesome too.

Xollence
Wed, 11-30-2005, 05:06 PM
I was kind of disappointed how easily he was defeated at Rockaxe in Suikoden 2. Was he in Suikoden 4? I didn't play enough of it to even see the main bad guy.

SamuraiOdin
Tue, 02-14-2006, 08:26 PM
Thought I'd ressurect this dead thread, considering that there is now a US release date of March 2006 according to rpgamer (http://www.rpgamer.com/games/suiko/suik5/suik5.html). The game looks awesome, and is something I'm definately looking forward to.

Xollence
Tue, 02-14-2006, 08:49 PM
Hey here's a long video of the game. I wish they kept the japanese voice overs and just put in subtitles instead. http://movies.rpgamer.com/suiko/suik5/suik5002.avi

Xollence
Tue, 03-21-2006, 06:29 AM
Well it looks like the game was released today! Gonna see if I can get a copy tomorrow.

Munsu
Tue, 03-21-2006, 06:53 AM
Ah nice, I really haven't been following up on a new Suikoden game, I've only played 3 and 4, and I've really liked them...

Hopefully I can get this over the summer.

Terracosmo
Tue, 03-21-2006, 07:40 AM
Prime is looking pretty damn cool this time around. :D

Xollence
Tue, 03-21-2006, 08:15 AM
It hasn't gotten good reviews so far, but I don't trust reviews since they said Suikoden 4 was good.

Terracosmo
Tue, 03-21-2006, 08:37 AM
Many reviews also said that 3 sucked while I found it to be magnificent.

Actually, it seems Suikoden is generally underrated in reviews.

Xollence
Wed, 03-22-2006, 06:46 PM
I bought Suikoden V and I'm already 5 hours into it. It's definitely worth buying. So much better than the 3rd and 4th, although it's pretty slow in the beginning. Oh and they also brought back the huge army battles!

Psyke
Wed, 03-22-2006, 09:47 PM
I'm considering buying the PSP remake of Suikoden 1 and 2, though I've already completed them a long time ago. As for the PS2 versions, I think I'll be giving them a miss.

Xollence
Mon, 03-27-2006, 11:50 AM
Well I'm 20 hours into it and I think I'm almost done. I like how they brought back a lot of Suikoden 2 characters like Georg Prime, Jeane, Killey, and Viki(of course).

The only thing I really don't like about this game is the major battles. Some times you have a sea battle and land battle at the same time, so it gets really hard to manage all your troops.

Overall I rate it: Suikoden 1 < Suikoden 3 < Suikoden 5 < Suikoden 2

Munsu
Mon, 03-27-2006, 12:24 PM
No Suikoden 4 in your rankings?

Xollence
Mon, 03-27-2006, 12:29 PM
No I don't consider Suikoden 4 a part of the series. It's more of a beta version of Suikoden V. Everything that was wrong with 4 they fixed in the fifth one, especially with choosing the voice actors.

Aeon
Sun, 04-23-2006, 12:13 AM
I've finally started playing this, had it since launch but wanted to end MS Saga first. This is my first Suikoden game so every character to me is origional and I've already found one that I like a lot. And it's no other then Miakis, all of the Queen's Knights are awesome but she takes the cake with her funny attitude. I'm also liking that the Hero doesn't talk but lets you do the talking for everything he says.

Xollence
Sun, 04-23-2006, 02:19 AM
Careful on the things you choose to say. Some change the ending you get.

Munsu
Sun, 04-23-2006, 04:52 AM
I've finally started playing this, had it since launch but wanted to end MS Saga first. This is my first Suikoden game so every character to me is origional and I've already found one that I like a lot. And it's no other then Miakis, all of the Queen's Knights are awesome but she takes the cake with her funny attitude. I'm also liking that the Hero doesn't talk but lets you do the talking for everything he says.
If you can, I would play the games in order...

It's just awesome when you start a new game and some of the old characters you recruited show up. It makes the game that much exiting in my opinion (In my opinion impossible). And you also get a better picture of the history of Suikoden, since all games are related in some way or another. You can check isohunt to download some of the games, if you need an emulator pm me and I'll hook you up with the emulator, plugins and bios.

I played 3 and 4 before 1 and 2, and I regret it. I lost a lot of the playing enjoyment those game should've had.

Also, I recommend using a good walkthrough for the series. You'll easily miss out on some cool events and it's a pain in the ass to recruit all 108 stars without it (In my opinion impossible). This is most importantly on Suikoden I, since you can transfer the saved game to Suikoden 2 to unlock special characters and scenes. Plus, there are multiple possible endings, and after all the time you put into the games I bet you want to see the best one.

Xollence
Sun, 04-23-2006, 11:03 PM
I try not to use a walkthrough the first time around because it ruins the plot twists and stuff. I try to beat it without the walkthrough, but never really get all of the 108 characters. After seeing the bad ending I replay it like a month or two after and see the good ending. Its fun to see what you missed out on and makes the replay factor even more enjoyable.

I agree with Bud, definitely check out 1 and 2 before playing 5. Especially 2 since there are parts of the story / characters that are important in 5.

Aeon
Mon, 04-24-2006, 10:47 PM
Bud I'm so taking you up on that offer. I'm at the 16hr mark and I sure could use some new people I only have Aeon, Lyon, some musician and a freaking teletubbie. The event that happened was one of the most intense parts of any rpg I ever played.

Munsu
Fri, 05-12-2006, 05:53 PM
Finally I'm back home, I hope to buy this tomorrow... Hope it's good.

Genma
Fri, 05-12-2006, 08:57 PM
Am I the only one that liked Suikoden 4?

Sure, the battle system was downgraded, and sure, the storyline was a bit :\, but I found the game to be pretty fun. Actually one of my favorite RPGs.

... 5 doesn't look too spectacular for me. :|

Munsu
Sat, 05-27-2006, 02:53 AM
Hah, Suikoden V is great... I've been playing it non-stop this whole week, hence my abscense from the forums these last couple of days. Aside from the obvious dissapointments, the clean-cut Georg (instead of the long hair-badass we like and love) and the shitty Hero prince, the game is actually good. I still preffer Suikoden III over it, but the game has a lot of good things. Party + Entourage is great, the War Battles are awesome (this is actually my favorite part of the Suikoden Games, they should have more wars in each game), SP and Skills are great elements to integrate much like Suikoden III, the variaty of formations keep each battle interesting, plus the story is pretty good in my opinion.

1 or 2 more days and I should finish the game, I'm near the end, but I like to waste my time leveling up my characters.

Xollence
Sat, 05-27-2006, 01:22 PM
the War Battles are awesome (this is actually my favorite part of the Suikoden Games, they should have more wars in each game)

Yeah, the war battles make the game more interesting or make me lose interest. Suikoden 3 and 4 had a shitty war system which is why I didn't like them so much.

Munsu
Sat, 05-27-2006, 05:40 PM
I didn't mind much the war system in Suikoden III, mainly because the battles were directly related to how you've leveled up your characters. So it forced me to level up and use a variaty of characters who I wouldn't have even used throught the gameplay otherwise.