PDA

View Full Version : NARUTO RANKING

HOTPROPHET
Mon, 11-28-2005, 12:52 AM
Hi just wanted to post a topic of discussion on how people rank naruto out of 10 over other anime. 1 i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif being the worst you've seen, 5 being average and 10 i/expressions/beer.gif as the best. Hey... could be useful to those who are looking for a first time anime to try out. I'm an anime person, I i/expressions/heart.gif Naruto, keeping the fillers out of this, I find it has the best story an Anime/manga can provide. Been watching it eagerly week by week since episode 102/103. I'd like to know how other people Rank naruto over other anime and see how they feel about the whole series in general and not just one episode.

This is how i'd rank Naruto:

Characters: 9 (very variable type of characters)
Entertaining: 10
Music: 7.5 (they need to get more tunes)
Story: 10
Art : 8.5
GENERAL: 10!!

Even though I've seen better music and art in some shows, naruto to me is #1, so I must give it a 10/10 in general. So what does everyone else think about the show? You can rank it in your own different methods of course.

mage
Mon, 11-28-2005, 01:08 AM
i give it a 7.5. this series is really nothing special. the story is weak, the characters are weak (and practically all the same), the best animation of the series is "average" compared to good animation. there are many series that are FAR better.

KoKo37
Mon, 11-28-2005, 01:25 AM
you shoulda done a poll XD, but anyways this is my reveiw XD ( Exception of the fillers -.- lol )

Characters: 8.0 - they got some annoying characters in this show, however some are very well written n i like the idea of blood line limits XD

Entertainment: 9.1 - Extremely entertaining for me, a lot of anime iv been excited to see the next espisode, but naruto its like i couldn't wait to see the next espisode lol

Music / Sound: 6.8, - ehh dun really like the sound in naruto lol, however they usally place the right songs at the right moments, also i like most of the OVA's and ending themes XD ( forget what the short name for ending theme is XD lol )

Plot: 8.4, - i find it very hard to make long storys, and keep them interesting, they usally just seem to repeat everything usally lol, but i personly think Kishimoto did a good job on developing the story and keeping it interesting at the same time XD ( Note : again not filler espisodes -.- lol )

Art : 8.1, - pretty good drawings, not really good but not cartoony at the same time XD, ( doesn't give you a head ake when you watch lots either -.- lol )

General uhh waht do you mean by general exactly? lols

Fights : 8.2 - I personly like "Most" of the fights in Naruto, Magic and Strategy and dont rush things nor stretch them to long are usally my favourite types of battles XD, however sometimes its just all pummeling with naruto and basicly no strategy at all -.- lol either than that the fights are good XD lol ( not the filler fights omg!! lol )

<u>Overall :</u> uhh.. well i dont really know how to add these things.. lol but i guess probally 8.5 - 8.7 would be good XD, however the problem about Naruto is that it can get a bit childish at times imo, but if it really good who cares XD lol, also there are a lot of really good animes out there, but i just really enjoyed Naruto for some reason o.O lol

G0$u /\/0t3 : welcome to the fourms btw XD

Ub3r 3])it : changed my mind XD, character rating is now 8.0, from 7.8 as before -.- lol

Assertn
Mon, 11-28-2005, 03:20 AM
I don't know how anyone could say the characters are weak....the characters are what MAKES this series

I also don't know where koko comes up with these decimal values out of nowhere (are you SURE you wouldn't rate Fights 8.3? or does it HAVE to be 8.2?)

Tinks
Mon, 11-28-2005, 03:25 AM
I'll do this in terms of non filler

Characters: 9 There are some amazing characters, but then theres the completely useless ones like Sakura and her female rival (forget her name since she never really has been seen again)

Plot: 9 The series used to be where I'd watch constantly and couldnt wait for the next

Music/Sound 10: The series has had alot of really good music, just recently the newest one is just ho hum

Entertainment 10: The videogames and series entertain me ALOT

Art 10 I like alot of the unique traits all these clans and individuals have, not an easy thing to create in such a vast and unique way

Fights 9 Not enough characters get an even amount of use, and the main characters since theyre seen so much, dont have the chance to really develop new abilities to make their fights more interesting, Naruto is a prime example

KoKo37
Mon, 11-28-2005, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
I don't know how anyone could say the characters are weak....the characters are what MAKES this series

I also don't know where koko comes up with these decimal values out of nowhere (are you SURE you wouldn't rate Fights 8.3? or does it HAVE to be 8.2?)

err i prefer to rate things like that, and is it really that big of a deal with one point difference? lol, i mean could you Honestly live with rating something 8.5 When you knew~! it was really 8.370 worth? -.- lol. ( and yes, it "HAS" to be 8.2 because 8.3 is just to high for my review to be honest... -.-" lol

and actually changed my mind from characters to 7.8 to 8.0 XD lol, i guess i was just focusing on the evil ones to much XD lol ( Evil as in annoying not as in evil evil -.- lol )

G0$u E]}dit : in case your wondering i rate my animes like the gamespot ratings -.- lol so the 8.5-8.7 would be considerd a high "Great" lol ( preferibly tony the tiger great -.- ) anyways heres tehre ranking thing for gamespot XD ( just scroll down a bit -.- lol ) Y ( btw they got the best ranking system -.- lol )

/\/3w|3i3 e])i'][' : uhh i forgot to put in the link -.- lol anyways here it is woo go gamespot (http://www.gamespot.com/misc/reviewguidelines-2.html)

Kraco
Mon, 11-28-2005, 04:13 AM
Forgetting fillers:

Characters: 8
Like AssertnFailure said, characters are everything for this series. In general, I have no problems with them, and it amazes me I can remember so many of them. However, I would appreciate a bit cooler main character (and less stupid). And the real baddies in this series (so far) have been losers. With a couple of exceptions like Itachi. A series like this needs a serious enemy. Maybe he hasn't yet really surfaced, so there's still hope, but for now this is it.

Entertaining: 9
It used to entertain me a lot more back when I hadn't watched so much anime. But it's still very entertaining.

Music: 10
Lots and lots of amazing music. I have no complaints whatsoever about the music or how it's used (remember, I'm not talking about the fillers).

Story: 7
Unfortunately the story is pretty much the same now as it was right in the beginning. In my opinion this series has relied solely on the character development. Unfortunately it has undermined the story. A nicer balance between those two would be good. It could be that I have seen so much anime with so amazing stories that Naruto's plot doesn't look so fine anymore.

Art: 8
Considering it's a really long show, the art has to be a compromise. But I have always though girls / women aren't as pretty in Naruto as in most of other shows, for some reason.

General: 8
That I still keep watching this series despite the fillers tells how much Naruto means to me.

el_boss
Mon, 11-28-2005, 07:33 AM
I only rate things good(+) or bad(-).

Characters: + One of the biggest reasons to watch Naruto
Entertaining: + Yes
Music: + Openings and endings are awesome as well as the in show music
Story: + Same old, but I like it
Art : + Okay
GENERAL: + Naruto is watchable

redemption2
Mon, 11-28-2005, 08:52 AM
Characters: 8 Inevitably three things happen when you have a large cast: you will always find a character or two that you can relate to or just plain like (for me it's Hinata, I can sympathize with her situation, plus she's absolutely adorable), you will find characters that you can't stand (such as Ino, and also in my case Shikamaru), you will always find a character that will disappoint you (OMFG! Kabuto is a bad guy? He was so cool!).
Entertaining: 10 My parents have taken a liking to anime (miracle of miracles) and when I showed them my entire collection of Naruto, we went through the entire 100+ episodes over Xmas break (this was last year). Even then, they were begging for more. Nothing, and I mean nothing has made them want to see the next episode more than Naruto. Not only that but you get so captivated in it it doesn't seem like 23 minutes has passed.
Music: 9 Top notch music, even some of the filler intros and outtros aren't bad. The background music fills your ears with songs that match the mood or situation very well. Being a music fan, I'd say that if there was no music in Naruto, the impact of the show would be halfed.
Story: 6 Let's face it, at this point there is no story. But the way each situation and backstory is told in each arc well makes up for it. Even the bad guys that end up being defeated or destroyed have some type of past that makes you look at them in a different light at least once. Because of this, I don't think anyone really notices there's no story going on here.
Art : 6 Let's face this one too, anime art has been better, much better. I own anime that has better art, like Last Exile, or even AstroBoy [2003]. Even the same style of art in Fullmetal Alchemist is drawn better. But I love it just the same. It's simplistic, but can still convey the right emotion. The one thing I don't get is how they could screw up so bad in aligning the eyes in that one episode around 26 or 27. If you've noticed, the battle animation is done by computer and the character models lack some of the details in the hand drawn ones, but makes up for it with the much more fluid movement and impact of the battles.
Overall: 8.5 It's a must see in my book, but the Story and Art has brought it down a notch or two. I say watch the first two seasons. If you can't find something you like in it, then I'll give you double your money back.

Divinity
Mon, 11-28-2005, 09:41 AM
Characters: 10 - They have a lot of variety in characters and all the characters are pretty cool. They even added a bruce lee character (gai-sensei and rock lee.) which is pretty clever making them use only taijutsu. Aside from that, all the characters have different abilities which makes it really great.

Entertainment: 8 - The fighting and story makes this anime really good. Also since it's about ninjas it's even better because I always like ninjas. The only thing keeping this from a 10 is sometimes during battles they talk too much and show too much flashbacks that you've seen a million times which really drags the show at times.

Music: 10 - THIS MUSIC ROCKS! I even downloaded the soundtracks just to listen to them!

Story: 7 - I think it has a unique storyline, but there isn't a lot of depth in it yet.

Art: 8 - Sometimes the characters look really ugly for some reason. But overall the art is fine.

Overall: 8.8 - Perfect show for someone who likes ninjas and anime with a twist of humor and seriousness.

Assertn
Mon, 11-28-2005, 12:09 PM
Naruto's worst category should be art. This is the only series i've ever watched that had such a noticeable difference in style/quality between each episode. It gives it a highly unprofessional look. The manga is very good though.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 11-28-2005, 12:15 PM
I disagree, I mean, I haven't seen alot of the manga, but from what I can tell Kishimoto draws for shit, except for the covers.

I'm gonna rate Naruto in comparison to other anime rather than on a 1 to 10 in order of my favorites overall(not at the moment, but taking the entire series' into account)

1. Naruto
2. One Piece
3. Bleach
4. Samurai Champloo
5. DBZ

XanBcoo
Mon, 11-28-2005, 12:32 PM
Kishimoto's artwork isn't bad at all, in fact I don't really see anything wrong with it. He does action scenes a lot better than some other mangaka (Yasuhiro Nightow, for example). Sure some others can be spectacular, but I think Naruto's art is pretty solid. But Assertn is right about the animation in the anime, which changes VERY frequently and sometimes can look pretty bad.

I'm gonna give Naruto an 8.5 overall, without listing the other categories.

Assertn
Mon, 11-28-2005, 01:56 PM
I had considered mentioning that even the manga's artwork tends to change, as you can tell between the first volumes and the last volumes.....but that's just because kishimoto's developed more as an artist over the years...it IS his first manga i believe

XanBcoo
Mon, 11-28-2005, 02:28 PM
That's true with many long-running manga though. Mostly shounen titles too. The artists just fine tune their skills as they go along.

Carnage
Mon, 11-28-2005, 04:05 PM
I dont ever consider fillers because they're not part of the original story (manga). Heres what i think:

Characters: 9 - Some characters are badass like Kakashi, some cool in a sadistic way ( the old gaara), and some have had a sad life ( basically 1/4 of the genin).

Entertaining: 1,000 - Mainly cuz of the great story and awsome fights ( Lee vs. Gaara, Sasuke and Orichimaru, the chuunin exam finals, the entire Sasuke arc)

Music: 10 - fits the scenes and adds more emotion to the situations, especially during the fights.

Story: 500 - sad stories between Naruto and Sasuke. But not only them, but even smaller characters have sad pasts ( Gaara, Hakuu, etc.).

Art: 10 - it would usually be an 8, but some fights ( Rock Lee fights, Sasuke vs. Orichimaru, and Naruto vs. Sasuke) had amazing animation.

General: 20 out of 10. I love this series. I dont even watch the fillers, so it wont ruin the overall enjoyment ive had with the series as well as my opinion of the series.

heero
Mon, 11-28-2005, 04:12 PM
Characters: 9 - characters like Kakashi, Gaara, Lee, Neji rocks

Entertaining: 9 - the main stories are mostly good. Whereas the fillers...meh

Music: 7.5 - theme songs arent that great but background music during scenes arent bad

Story: 9 - same with entertainment

Art: 8 - some episodes are great but some arent

General: 8.5 - It's worth your time. thats the bottom line.

darkmetal505
Mon, 11-28-2005, 05:46 PM
8 on everything except music. 10 for music because Toshiro Masuda is awesome.

HOTPROPHET
Mon, 11-28-2005, 06:38 PM
Just to be clear on why I gave music a lower score of 7.5: The music isn't bad at all, it's good, there's no doubt... but the prob is that other than the theme songs, the small selection of music has remained the same. It use to give the fights and situations a great kick, but you can almsot predict now when what tune will play given the situation. They don't need to remove anything... all they need to do is add more. Unless i'm wrong, i haven't heard a new tune in there since episode 5 lol. (excluding the movie). But remember, in my opinion, this is still a 7.5 ranking, which is still above average.

Oh and thanks KoKo37 for the welcome. Honeslty i'm not new to the forum, I simply haven't logged in in ages and forgot my profile lol. And the past email I used is history. Sigh...startin all over again.

ChaosK
Mon, 11-28-2005, 08:42 PM
CK's naruto rating

Story/plot-most of the times good, at some times quite stupid (this is excluding fillers) 8.5

Entertainment- it has great moments like the garra vs lee fight, or the lee vs kimimaro fight or...the kakashi vs zabuza fight but then it hads things like purple winged queer people 9

Characters-they have cool people like itachi, kakashi, lee and neji, jiraya....(etc) then they have gay asses like naruto and sakura... 9

Music- the music is rather upbeat except they gotta get more than just like 2... 8.5

Art/animation-yeeeah....its got great moments like in the lee fights...then it has horrible shit...8

Fights- they have really great fights (except for fillers where it was pretty much "rasnegan!" and that would be it, despite the fillers...9.5

Fillers-these things are horrbile...the fights have absoultely no meaning and usually with naruto somehow saving the day...when nobody wants to see him crap out a rasnegan outta his ass....comon in the neji team + naruto filler...why didnt neji save everybody's asses? "byakudan's natural enemy" BS these people cannot think of a good plotline for a filler...though i admit it must be hard because they cant affect the manga. 3 (for effort which is pratcially none coming from these guys)

Overall- great show, ninjas are cool and kakashi + itachi own. 9

TheNineTails
Mon, 11-28-2005, 09:07 PM
Characters: 10
Entertaining: 10
Music: 8.5
General: 10

Doctor
Mon, 11-28-2005, 09:31 PM
Characters: 10
I think that most of the characters are really rememberable in Naruto. Everyone has like their own special trademark. kind of.

Entertaining: 10(Main Story), 2(Fillers)
Before the fillers the show was really good. Everytime when an episode ends, I would be like "OMG I gotta know what happens!" It's almost like Bleach at the moment. No need to explain on the fillers, it's torture.

Music: 10
The music is good but it's just that they are playing it in the wrong moments in my opinion. That makes it annoying and stupid. To tell the truth, I got hooked on to Naruto because of the music. My first episode was the one with Konohamaru and the four leaf clover. If that fighting music didn't kick in with Naruto and the robots, i would of never thought of downloading any more of it. That is an example of well placed music.

A little boy who dreams of becoming the leader of his villiage one day but no one believes in him. All the adult thinks of him as a monster cause of the nine tail fox and they keep their childern away from him. When he became a ninja, his teacher reconized him and saved him. In my opinion, there are no other anime story line better than Naruto. The first episode is already is classic.

Animation: 5
Compared to other shows like Bleach, Naruto's animation sucks. During fights like when Naruto and Sasuke, their body looks fat and too flexable in some scenes. Most of the time when Naruto uses his Shadow clone to do Rasengan, he looks like he's 2 feet taller for some reason. The animation went way down in the fillers. It makes me feel like it's getting kind of sloppy. Their are just too many for me to ponit out.

General: 10
Sometimes i get too caught out in the fillers that i forgot how good Naruto really was. Naruto is the best anime show ever but like I said before, the fillers are totally ruining its reputation.

mage
Tue, 11-29-2005, 12:32 AM
how do you guys keep saying "General: 10" when you don't give all 10's? isn't general the average of the sub categories?

XanBcoo
Tue, 11-29-2005, 01:00 AM
I'm suprised at the number of 10's some of you are giving. Yeah, it's good, but it's not deserving of a perfect 10 either.

HOTPROPHET
Tue, 11-29-2005, 01:30 AM
Mage, people who vote 10 are people who believe Naruto as the best or one of the best series. General ranking isn't really an average of all your other rankings, it's an average of Naruto over all the other series around. It's not perfect, in my opinion for example some other series have stronger points than Naruto, but to me, Naruto is the best Overall. So thats why a 10 is given.

Carnage
Tue, 11-29-2005, 07:11 AM
General ranking isn't really an average of all your other rankings, it's an average of Naruto over all the other series around

oops

Ero-Fan
Tue, 11-29-2005, 09:22 AM
Animation: 8 (Some things remind me of dbz, so I get angry)
Characters: 10 (Only 2 characters annoy me, and one is gone for now. You probably can guess the other :cough: Sakura :cough: )
Entertaining: 9.9 (Excepting fillers, I can watch these over and over)
Music: 10 (believe it!)
Storyline: 8 ('Til I see the end, can't really rate it higher)
Overall: 9.5 (Not many animes that I like over this one)

As long as I am never forced to watch the eng dub (Naruto's voice makes me cringe) or filler epis over and over, this series will be one of my favs and stay on my HD.

illfated
Tue, 11-29-2005, 04:11 PM
Hi, new here

Characters: 8
This can be higher if they developed their other characters, but overall very cool characters with unique abilities. Since the series is not finished I'm sure this will improve. It also gets points off for cliched characters. I swear I've seen Hinata somewhere before. But it doesn't bother me that much.

Entertaining: 9
Some episodes are kinda on the slow side or they interrupt the action too much with flashbacks, but its still good.

Music: 9
The music is fitting and it is well used most of the time

So far, it has kept me wanting to see the next eps one after the other. 10++

Art : 10
May not be as good as other anime but I like it

GENERAL: 10
Definately one of my favorite animes

Cyberdude93
Tue, 11-29-2005, 04:19 PM
I don't watch a lot of different anime, but the anime I watch I watch in excess. I prefer only One Piece to Naruto, although I generally end up watching Naruto more due to Dattebayo's speed.

I don't like Naruto's handling of the fillers. Let's take One Piece (I won't go into too much detail as I doubt all of you WATCH One Piece):

A couple of kick-ass flashbacks were - in the words of Arlong Park - "extended". I think they both only lasted one chapter each but lasted a whole episode each in the anime. I know Naruto did something similar with Kimimaro though.
As I like to call them "pseudo-fillers". I know(/assume) this isn't possible with Naruto, but One Piece had mini-adventures on the covers. Toei filled up some space by making episodes out of these, and did pretty damn well (the covers have minimal text, so it's hard to make whole scripts for them).
I don't know how far the manga was when the anime started for comparison, but One Piece didn't wait until it was at episode 100 before starting fillers.

Anyway, on with the rating. As usual fillers don't apply.

Characters: The only non-filler character who annoys me is Sakura. I don't care how you guys hate all the "Naruto-kun"s from Hinata, the mass of "I WILL TRY" and "I WILL PROTECT THEM NEXT TIME" from Sakura is just plain annoying. 9.

Music: 10. I don't like the openings in comparison to One Piece, but that's not a big enough part of the show for me to care.

Art: It's good, bad, and retarded. Remember the kick-ass dude who supposedly does the extremely fluid fight scenes that are slightly lacking in quality? Well at one point during the Naruto VS Sasuke fight, there was a low quality still shot of a Sharingan (clearly done by him), when it looked pretty much the same (i.e. expression, positioning) as a well done one a about a minute earlier. I see no problem with shoving in a high quality close-up in there.

They're generally worse with the animation during fillers though, so meh.

Overall: Great.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 11-30-2005, 12:51 PM
Well, the thing about One Piece is it has alot more places where you can put fillers without interrupting the story. There's an indeterminate amount of time between each arc. Naruto on the other hand tends to go from one arc right into another. This place is really the best place for fillers in Naruto because there is a large time skip. So you can kill all the time you want without damaging future storylines.

Doctor
Wed, 11-30-2005, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by: mage
how do you guys keep saying "General: 10" when you don't give all 10's? isn't general the average of the sub categories?

I didn't mean general to be the average of the scores, just what i think of the show... I mean like it doesn't have to be the average because to different people the score for the story could be worth more than the score for the animation. To me the animation is not really good but i don't mind it that much. I gave it a 10 in general because mostly I like the story line and i think that it's the best anime. Or maybe i should call it something els but you get the idea right?

Originally posted by: XanBcoo
I'm suprised at the number of 10's some of you are giving. Yeah, it's good, but it's not deserving of a perfect 10 either.

That's your opinoin and mine is a 10. It's just the fillers that sucks.

anime892
Fri, 12-09-2005, 10:37 PM
Characters: 9 (some are great like itachi others suck like sakura)
Entertaining: 10(great fights)
Music: 9(most of the theme songs are good)
Art : 9
General:10(one of my favorite animes)

anbu41
Sat, 12-10-2005, 05:28 AM
Characters: 9 (very big variety of characters and personalities, i like it)
Music: 9 (i love the Raikiri theme and of course, Sadness and Sorrow)
Story: 10 (need i say more?)
Art: 8 (eh, it's good enough for me)
Action: 9 (very tactical and well thought-through)

Overall: 10 (well worth my time)