PDA

View Full Version : Naruto torrents taking 2 months+

halgorithm
Sun, 11-27-2005, 03:39 PM
I've already checked the forum help and searched on this matter - although I've seen a few things about how bad firewalls can be with torrents I've never had a problem with downloading any torrents until now. (I'm already forwarding all my ports 1014+ to my computer btw)

Bandwidth is not a problem - I'm on a 5mb cable. Nothing is compromised (no zombied pcs, no spy/ad/malware anywhere on my computers) on my home network. Everything is golden.

I started thinking it was my ISP, but then why am I able to seed this file out and I don't have this problem with ANY other torrents I've uploaded downloaded (no problems at all with like myspleen.com, etc)? It has to be the Naruto torrents. I know they are huge... but again, never had this problem with any other torrented DVDs and anything.

Typically, this sort of problem occurs when there aren't any seeds (because yes, it does show either one or no seeds for me to download from on my torrents) but people have posted and even on the gotwood.com site it says that there are hundreds of seeds. My screenshot below is probably the best it's been in a very long time where all of them are downloading. One of them I did throttle because it was doing nothing but uploading.

Oh yeah, using bittornado and have been since it's inception.

So it's gotta be a tracker issue right?

Here is a screenshot of what I have going on right here, right now.
http://img318.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bt3wh.jpg

Moved to BT support. Please make sure to post in the correct section next time. Also take some time to read over all of the forum rules.

GotWoot Moderator

mage
Sun, 11-27-2005, 03:44 PM
have you tried downloading them one at a time?

el_boss
Sun, 11-27-2005, 04:44 PM
The stats that are shown on the sites are almost never correct. The situation could very well be that there are too few seeds. You could also try changing the port that your torrent-client uses.

The problem could also be that you are uploading too much, so the client can't send out any information on what it wants to download. Try lowering your upload rate, it might help.

halgorithm
Sun, 11-27-2005, 06:50 PM
I am compelled to share, but yes perhaps reducing my upload bandwidth (when I have tons) may help the trackers.

I will also go back to one at a time, which almost implies I'd never watch Naruto in sequencial order.

Thanks for the prompt reply!

EDIT: After checking my IPTABLES - I had a misplaced character. Poor nano and it's wrapping feature.

Voila! I'm now downloading correctly.

6881 and higher should be forwarded to given IP inside an internal network to allow the best transfer rates. www.portforward.com gives the IPs for bittornado and bittorrent, but those are estimates.

complich8
Mon, 11-28-2005, 12:43 AM
EDIT: After checking my IPTABLES - I had a misplaced character. Poor nano and it's wrapping feature.

nano -w || echo "set nowrap" >> ~/.nanorc ftw :-D