PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Acid

kAi
Sat, 11-26-2005, 08:57 PM
Metal Gear Solid put onto PSP, known as Metal Gear Acid.
Turn-based strategy game.

It was a nice game, although rather quick, just finished it, and i fucked around a little also, took me 26 hours.

Wondering if anyone else has played this game?

Psyke
Sat, 11-26-2005, 09:26 PM
I'm playing this now. Still at mission 14 but I'm enjoying the game more so than I expected. For me I arm my cards with sniper rifles and assault rifles, claymores, etc and I seldom go through a mission without any combat. Only complaint with this game is how Solid Snake is portrayed in the plot. He seems nothing like the "lengendary" figure and I don't like most of the other new characters in this game.

kAi
Sat, 11-26-2005, 10:30 PM
Yeah, I enjoyed the game much more than I expected also, didn't think I would like it so much when I first played it.
Characters aren't as interesting in this as the others, I like some of the conversation though, it's funny at times.

sniper rifles are the shit. What Stage is mission 14?, I can't remember heh, and I just started again, so i can't check.

Also, you get some good things in the card shop.

Going to have a look at the MGA2 shit that seems to be going around.

Phoenix20578
Sat, 11-26-2005, 10:40 PM
Sorry kAi, but this game was crap to me. The system was good, but not for Metal Gear IMO. I played for a
week and just traded it in.

Shuurai
Sun, 11-27-2005, 09:43 PM
I still havent started MGA and i've had it since release. Anyway all these mixed comments are making me curious to see for myself, So i'll give it a try later.

RedX1z
Mon, 12-05-2005, 10:44 AM
i personally hate using cards for a battle system, for that reason alone, i will hate this game and the other game..*cough*chain of memories*cough*, it's just too slow for me.

sevyfez
Thu, 12-15-2005, 11:46 PM
Hey ya I got the game to its good but, I kinda wish they had sticked to the original Metal Gear Solid Format.

Also I have found a good combo for instint kill it works out like this: Have the two sniper equip cards Dragaunav and Mois Noigant, Double shot and sniper wolf, equip the mois or dragaunav, then add on double shot then sniper wolf then let loose!

I used this combo on the first fight with leone, I fucked him up good!

Psyke
Fri, 12-16-2005, 10:04 AM
I'm looking forward to the sequel, which is going to be released this month. Wonder how the add on perhiperal "Solid Eye";s gonna work. Cool concept on paper but it would look pretty ridiculous wearing that thing on the train.

Mite Gai
Fri, 12-16-2005, 08:21 PM
Yeah, I cannot lie but I did not enjoy this game, I was expecting an MGS level game and I got a terrible spin off though I cannot stand card battle games so that was probably a factor.