PDA

View Full Version : DVDs you bought recently

Psyke
Sat, 11-26-2005, 08:53 PM
I just bought Batman Begins recently. Was really tempted to get Star Wars Episode 3 but I think I'll wait for the episode 1 - 3 package to be released. Would go well with my episode 4 - 6 special edition.

There's been recent releases of trilogies or even in Batman's case an anthology. I got the Matrix DVD set as well as the old Indiana Jones DVD set. I wanted to buy the Back to the Future and Alien DVD sets but they were quite costly.

A.y.a.m.e.5.6.8.6.1
Sat, 11-26-2005, 11:43 PM
I bought the 4th season of Alias. I already have 1-3. um...I really want to buy Batman Begins, just came back from the store and was thinking of buying A Few Good Men. The one with Tom Cruise and Demi Moore. I'm definately going to get Mr. and Mrs. Smith whenever it comes out.

Terracosmo
Sat, 11-26-2005, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by: Psyke
I just bought Batman Begins recently. Was really tempted to get Star Wars Episode 3 but I think I'll wait for the episode 1 - 3 package to be released. Would go well with my episode 4 - 6 special edition.

My reasoning exactly.

In fact, I think my last DVD purchase was the 4-6 box.

Xollence
Sun, 11-27-2005, 12:00 AM
I don't really buy many DVDs, except for documentaries, just bought WWII: The Complete History.

XanBcoo
Sun, 11-27-2005, 03:38 AM
I just bought the special edition of Pulp Fiction and Evangelion Platinum vol. 4

XwingRob
Sun, 11-27-2005, 02:29 PM
I bought Episode III, Batman Begins, and War of the Worlds recently.
For TV DVDs(purchases were made over a period of 2-3 months), I bought the complete set of Firefly, finally got the third and fourth volumes of Futurama, and I got the first season of Stargate Atlantis, I would have got season 8 of SG1 but there was some problem with one of the discs so they were recalled.

ChaosK
Sun, 11-27-2005, 03:44 PM
am i the only one that illegally burns everything?

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 11-27-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo

Not at all!

Am I the only one who illegally burns everything and sells it at 10 bucks a pop?

Divinity
Fri, 12-02-2005, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel

Not at all!

Am I the only one who illegally burns everything and sells it at 10 bucks a pop?

I DL and burn em to watch em... just havent really thought about selling em.

Strider
Sat, 12-03-2005, 09:40 AM
Last DVD buys were:

- Family Guy: Volume III (Season 4)
- Mr. & Mrs. Smith
- War of the Worlds

I bought Batman Begins quite some time ago, but haven't even opened it. Don't worry, I saw it at the theatre down here a countless amount of times. Greatest movie ever.

And, like the others, I didn't buy Episode III as I'm sure Lucas will put out some insane package of the first three episodes, or one of all six movies similar to the Matrix Ultimate Set. I've never seen the original ones, so I'd definitely pick up a complete edition set. That's what I'm hoping for.

Psyke
Sat, 12-03-2005, 11:35 AM
I'm gonna kill Lucas if they release a 6 in one DVD package. After all that money i spent on the first DVD set..... i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

Kraco
Sat, 12-03-2005, 12:07 PM
My most recent dvd purchase was Episode III. I did buy Ep II dvd, back when it was released, but I never bought Ep I dvd. And I'm not planning to any time soon...

My next dvd purchase is likely to be House of the Flying Daggers.

ChaosK
Sat, 12-03-2005, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel

Not at all!

yes you are, everyone knows good movies can go up to 15 bucks.

NM
Sun, 12-04-2005, 06:59 PM
I wanna get the Office Space: Collectors Edition DVD. It comes with a red stapler and flair! And I'm also planning on getting Seinfeld seasons 3 & 4 and the new one released, seasons 5 & 6. And add the Everybody Loves Raymond DVD's to this list also.

Deblas
Sun, 12-04-2005, 07:33 PM
My most recent DVD purchase was Batman Begins. I usually just burn them but I wanted to buy this particular one.

Psyke
Tue, 01-10-2006, 10:21 AM
I just got part 1 of the Studio Ghibli DVD collection. It includes:

1) My Neighbor Totoro
2) Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
3) Pom Poko
4) On Your Mark
5) Only Yesterday
6) Whispers of the Heart
7) I Can Hear the Ocean
8) The Cat Returns

Hope I'll get my hands on Part 2 soon. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Divinity
Tue, 01-10-2006, 06:45 PM
I recently bought War of the Worlds and finally the LOTR trilogy.

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 01-10-2006, 06:49 PM
I bought Cabin Fever at Wal Mart for 5 bucks.

basey44
Wed, 01-11-2006, 01:58 AM
i got zoolander for xmas, i love that movie so much

dantheman62
Mon, 01-30-2006, 01:24 AM
didn't get anything recently sorry.

anphorus
Mon, 01-30-2006, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by: dantheman62
didn't get anything recently sorry.

Then why post? I mean, really, what's the point?

i got Smallville Season 2 and Back To The Future Special edition recently

Xollence
Mon, 01-30-2006, 11:30 AM
I got Lost season one over the weekend and I'm already on the 4th cd, which means I watched 12 episodes already. It's such a good show. The only thing that bothers me about this is the Korean guy and his horrible Korean. Why couldn't they get a Korean actor that can actually speak Korean?

Psyke
Mon, 01-30-2006, 10:20 PM
Most chinese actors which speak any chinese in a english drama/show can't speak very well too. Guess they were all born in america which makes chinese their second language. And anyway, the korean guy in LOST played a minor role in Spider-man 2.

Xollence
Tue, 01-31-2006, 08:32 PM
He was also in Star Trek, I think it was Voyager. I saw him at a bar in NYC once, he grew his hair pretty long. Well just finished watching the whole dvd set. Time to download the second season.

RedX1z
Tue, 01-31-2006, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by: Xollence
I got Lost season one over the weekend and I'm already on the 4th cd, which means I watched 12 episodes already. It's such a good show. The only thing that bothers me about this is the Korean guy and his horrible Korean. Why couldn't they get a Korean actor that can actually speak Korean?

you want to hear bad korean? try watching die another day, now those people can't speak korean for shit..

anphorus
Thu, 02-02-2006, 06:26 PM
Just got Family Guy Season 2 on DVD and watched it all today. I now have a sore throat from laughing i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif. Adam West is the man.