PDA

View Full Version : What Episode was that?

poopdeville
Sat, 11-26-2005, 03:23 AM
I used to watch Bleach, but I got kind of tired of it and stopped downloading it. I hear it's getting really good, so I'd like to pick up where I left off. The only problem is that I don't know what episode I last saw. The last thing I remember was that dumbass black cat had just turned into a woman and interfered with that orange-haired Naruto wannabe and that dreadlocked captain's fight on the bridge leading to that girl's cell. What episode should I start on?

DarthEnderX
Sat, 11-26-2005, 03:49 AM
That's where you stopped watching?

You'll get nothing from me sir. Good day.

Kraco
Sat, 11-26-2005, 04:27 AM
Try some Naruto episode. Sounds like that's your fixation.

Good day.

Carnage
Sat, 11-26-2005, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder

my sentiments exactly!i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

el_boss
Sat, 11-26-2005, 09:43 AM
Hey hey now people, take it easy. So what if he stopped watching when Bleach started to get fucking awesome, that's his loss. No need to make him feel worse about it.

As for the episode, it was quite a bit in to the invasion right? I would guess somewhere in the late 20 or early 30 range.

poopdeville
Sat, 11-26-2005, 02:21 PM
I just felt like it what becoming really really really really really really repetitive at that point. I mean, that orange haired guy fought the captain with the eye patch for like 6 episodes. About half that time was spent talking to his sword. The Renji fight was more of the same.

el_boss: thanks for your suggestion. I looked through an episode guide (very carefully, to avoid spoilers -- the reason I asked here first btw) and found that the episode I was thinking of was 41.

FrogKing
Sat, 11-26-2005, 03:41 PM
Poopdeville, I am gonna have to agree with everybody else that has posted here with the exception of el _boss. If you had problems with Ichigo vs Kenpachi and Ichigo vs Renji (both times) and you had made it that far into the series...don't watch any farther. I personally think the show is fantastic and it has been good for many episodes. I suggest you read the posts in the following forum:

is bleach the best anime you have ever seen? (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=51&threadid=16693&enterthrea d=y)

After that I think that DarthEnder put is succinctly:

Dionysos
Sat, 11-26-2005, 07:50 PM
Kenpachi Ichigo fight goes 6 episodes...no it doesnt, but you seem to like naruto. Hm not that the fights there are longer....much longer *remember sasuke chasing arc*

KoKo37
Sat, 11-26-2005, 08:10 PM
all he said was orange haired naruto wannabe lol nothing about liking naruto, and most people do like naruto for the exception of the fillers XD, and personly the bleach series never wowed at that point either, it does get better later but still nothing was insanely good imo XD

U3br /\/0Te : This is just My opinion, now im not saying that its a bad show, its entertaining, its just that it wasn't one of my favs XD. ( I wonder if this thread will turn into a one sided flame wars O.o lol )

G0$u 3])dit : also i personly enjoyed the naruto fights more then the bleach XD, i didn't like how they would start a fight then 3 espisodes of flash backs then the fight itself is like less then one espisode -.- lol. ( and yes i know i put two D's in the eddit -.- lol just looks better like taht >: ) )

el_boss
Sat, 11-26-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by: FrogKing
Poopdeville, I am gonna have to agree with everybody else that has posted here with the exception of el _boss.

What do you mean that you don't agree with? That Bleach is fucking awesome or that we shoudn't be so hard on the guy.

FrogKing
Sat, 11-26-2005, 08:34 PM
The latter.

poopdeville
Sat, 11-26-2005, 09:18 PM
FrogKing: You've already posted twice here. Once to tell me to stop watching the show. It seems that I've inadvertantly trolled this forum. Sorry. Like I said, I felt that it was becoming overly repetitive. I'm not a fan of constant flashbacks either. That said, I'm sincere in my interest to start watching it again.

Dionysos: You're right, I like Naruto. And the first time I saw the Chasing Sasuke arc (well, up to the Naruto/Sasuke fight), I got really sick of the fights too. I got sick of the Wave Country fight, for that matter. And the Chuunin exam preliminary tournament. They all had their highlights, but they were too "talkie." I don't watch Naruto for the fights -- some of them are spectacular, but most are just slow paced and boring. I watch that show because I like the character, and how he interacted with Sasuke, Kakashi, and Jiraiya.

I didn't mean to start comparing the series, since I'm sure someone will feel like I'm baiting them. At that point in Bleach, however, I didn't see any character development. I only saw three or four characters getting retardedly strong implausibly.

FrogKing
Sun, 11-27-2005, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by: poopdeville
FrogKing: You've already posted twice here. Once to tell me to stop watching the show...
Whoa, whoa, whoa...easy there tiger. Don't put words in my mouth. Sorry if you mistunderstood my post. What I meant to say is that if you had problems with the character development up thru episode 40 which is the conclusion of the Zaraki fight, then you should not pick up the last 19 episodes that you have missed because the show has not changed since then. IMO Bleach is an excellent anime (and I have stated so in MANY posts with reasons); however, not all shows are for everybody, so if you made it to episode 40 and STILL didn't like it then you should probably not waste your time by dl'ing the rest.
And btw, you never finished your statement about my posts on this thread. The second time was to clarify to el_boss that I indeed thought this anime was awesome and that I was agreeing with DarthEnder, God#2 and Kraco about how to respond. Don't worry third time is a charm and I'll try not to post here in the future.
<deep breath> and here I thought I was crystal clear...

poopdeville
Sun, 11-27-2005, 03:26 AM
I'm sorry, I did misread your first post. Now that I went back to read it, your intentions are perfectly clear.

But keep in mind, you quoted DarthEnder's worthless (literally and not pejoratively, he intended to give me no information with it) reply as a model. Agreement with that is just plain boorish. I didn't ask for advice, or to be told if my taste in anime is acceptable to DarthEnder, or you, or Kraco. I asked a simple question, and only one person has even tried to answer.

Ask yourself this: If I had first said "My computer has been broken for about six months, and I don't remember which episode I last saw. I think it had blah blah fighting with blah blah," would you have quoted DarthEnder? Would you have agreed to Kraco basically calling me a narutard?

Cal_kashi
Sun, 11-27-2005, 04:54 AM
poop... hehehehe poop... heres the deal, if you didnt; like bleach up to the point you stopped, u are not gonna like the rest of it.
we all do, but we like the parts you dont. Go find another show to worship the way we do bleach, and drink in the process.

Kraco
Sun, 11-27-2005, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by: poopdeville
Would you have agreed to Kraco basically calling me a narutard?

Heh heh. Yeah, I suppose I did that. Seeing how "narutard" isn't a very strong compliment, I'm sorry it appeared like that. However, had you said you just stopped for some neutral reason, or because you simply wanted to watch the show in batches, you would have got a totally different set of responses, like you said youself. So, why didn't you do it like that?

Like Cal_kashi said, most of the people here like Bleach very much, and starting your question by calling the show a bad one, directly or indirectly, doesn't help your chances of getting an answer all that much.

el_boss
Sun, 11-27-2005, 07:05 AM
He never actually said that he show was bad, he just said that he got tiered of it. Why is everyone repeating the same thing all the time "if you didn't like that you wont like the rest" what do you know? I would say, if you watched that far, you will probably like the rest. Even if you needed to take a break for a while.

PSJ
Sun, 11-27-2005, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by: KoKo37
all he said was orange haired naruto wannabe lol nothing about liking naruto, and most people do like naruto for the exception of the fillers XD, and personly the bleach series never wowed at that point either, it does get better later but still nothing was insanely good imo XD

U3br /\/0Te : This is just My opinion, now im not saying that its a bad show, its entertaining, its just that it wasn't one of my favs XD. ( I wonder if this thread will turn into a one sided flame wars O.o lol )

G0$u 3])dit : also i personly enjoyed the naruto fights more then the bleach XD, i didn't like how they would start a fight then 3 espisodes of flash backs then the fight itself is like less then one espisode -.- lol. ( and yes i know i put two D's in the eddit -.- lol just looks better like taht >: ) )

So you're not a fan of story eh? DBZ is probably your cup of tea since you don't like character development. The flashbacks helps to convey a feeling and they are not 3 episodes long.

Next time you post, try to do it in a normal way and not leet-speak and other retarded things.

Splash!
Sun, 11-27-2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by: KoKo37

3 episodes of Flashbacks? What are you talking about?Usually its usually only one flashback every now and then and these flashbacks are actually stories pertaining to the past of characters that we know nothing about to begin with. They arent Naruto type, redundant flashbacks. They actually give you new information

KoKo37
Sun, 11-27-2005, 01:56 PM
ok lol, i guess i went a little far with the flash back thing >i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif, but the battle design of the show just doesn't really suit me, now im not saying its a bad show Just because of that, it still has a good storyline which is usally the most important part of a show XD. ( Also i liked the battles in the manga, i guess i just dont like the anime feel to bleach XD lol ) Y ( when it comes to the battles atleast lol )

Ub3r E])it : anyways lets try to keep this on topic.. or if its already been awnserd then let this thread die XD lol ( to lazy to read teh posts again to see if has been awnserd -.- lol )

FrogKing
Sun, 11-27-2005, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by: Cal_kashi
poop... hehehehe poop... heres the deal, if you didnt; like bleach up to the point you stopped, u are not gonna like the rest of it.
we all do, but we like the parts you dont. Go find another show to worship the way we do bleach, and drink in the process.

EXACTLY....damn. Thank you Cal!

mage
Sun, 11-27-2005, 03:48 PM
wow, you guys are gay.

poop, it's episode 41.

FrogKing
Sun, 11-27-2005, 04:26 PM
Haha, nice mage, but someone beat you to it and already answered it (a couple of times actually). Now it is turning into something more entertaining.