PDA

View Full Version : Ah! My Goddess Forum

Munsu
Fri, 11-25-2005, 08:11 AM
This is in relation to the topic I posted here:

http://forums.gotwoot.net/mess...6793&enterthread=y (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=12&threadid=16793&enterthrea d=y)

OK, the Ah! My Goddess Forum got deleted... and now, as many had known for a while, a second season is about to start... So I'm wondering where is all the old discussion? Can it be restored or something?

I find it kind of stupid to keep creating forum sections, and then deleting them just to lose all discussions that went on...

kenren
Sun, 11-27-2005, 06:10 AM
well...i hope it can be restored...
i'm looking forward towards the second season.

EpyonNext
Sun, 11-27-2005, 06:30 PM
GIVE US BACK THE FUCKING AMG FORUM!

complich8
Mon, 11-28-2005, 01:19 AM
would you like some cheese with your whine? should we call you a wahmbulance? Or would you care to just quit bitching so damned much? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

OK. Here's the deal. Basically, once deleted, there's no good interface to restore a category, as far as I can find. This seems to be a limitation/shortcoming of the Fusetalk engine. Not having raw database access, I can neither confirm nor deny whether the database entries even exist anymore -- but I wouldn't count on it.

It would be possible to create a "graveyard" category of sorts, or to make the "Trash Bin" category publicly viewable. However, because of the nature of things that get tossed in the trash bin, that's not going to be made public. A graveyard category would get quite cluttered very quickly, and restoring a category from the random threads scattered in such a place would be a HUGE pain in the ass for whatever unlucky mod/admin got stuck doing it.

As far as why the category was deleted, generally we're deleting any anime header category that goes more than a couple weeks without significant activity. My personal policy is a month of inactivity, but the other admins decide what to enforce on their own judgement.

There may be a way for us to accomodate this idea in the future, which I'll discuss with the other admins. However, at present, this isn't possible.

Munsu
Mon, 11-28-2005, 11:18 AM
Cheese and a wahmbulance is always welcomed...

A graveyard category is what I would like... Somewhere where all deleted forums' threads are dumped, so that you can at least find old discussions on an anime... You don't really have to worry about it being organized or anything, since how it currently stands it is 100 times better than the discussion getting lost forever...

Tsukasa
Mon, 01-16-2006, 10:07 AM
Having the AMG forum back will make sure I go to heaven when I do so if you don't want me to go to hell please recreate the AMG forum section i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif i/expressions/heart.gif

Assassin
Mon, 01-16-2006, 10:52 AM
tsukasa, no one likes you.

As for the matter of organization, i imagine most topics that go in the graveyard wouldn't need to be retrieved. But in a case like this, wouldn't the whole forum be moves there, or would all the threads appear seperately, not organized under one category?

If the entire forum can be moved while keeping all the topics within that forum intact, then the mods/admins dont have to worry about the clutter. they can just search for that forum and move it back.

Tsukasa
Mon, 01-16-2006, 01:17 PM
Fuck you asshat. Yes you deserve to die and I hope you burn in hell.

Next time try adding something of relevence to your posts. This is nothing but needless spamming/flamming.

Gotwoot Moderator