PDA

View Full Version : Danzou, Sai and Yamato

GhostKaGe
Fri, 11-25-2005, 08:05 AM
Danzou obviously a very bitter man having lost out to Sarutobi he seems like he'll be pursuing power at any cost using his puppet Sai who will no dought learn of his masters agenda and turn on him after being changed by Naruto's "mysterious power"

Sai ...now this is the man who is gonna be the interesting one enforcing Danzou's hidden agenda and i feel he will make a very interesting replacment for Sasuke if Kishimoto deals him the right cards.
I think Sasuke will end up killing him (or at least i hope so) and naruto having now become freinds with Sai will realise the freind he was looking to save no longer exists thus setting the scene for a final showdown between the 2 of them

Yamato seems a little bland in appearance i just hope his personality compensates but hes only just been intoduced and hasn't had much time to put forward his case so its hard to get a fix on him having seen so little but for what i have seen i find him i think hes going to be a very poor substitute for Kakashi[

Hakeem_21
Fri, 11-25-2005, 09:14 AM
I like Yamato more after 285 cause apprently he is best expert and a follower of the third teachings.

Psyke
Fri, 11-25-2005, 09:16 AM
I believe there would be some ties/connections between Root and Akatsuki. Who knows, maybe Danzou could be so furious that he lost to Sarutobi that he decided to destroy Konoha, by leading Orochimaru to Akatsuki and making him turn against his former teacher.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 11-25-2005, 09:24 AM
I think he wants to become Hogake more than destroying the village. Maybe he thinks if he kills Naruto,Tsunade etc he will have the power.

Terracosmo
Fri, 11-25-2005, 09:50 AM
Up until now, it has mostly felt like Konoha is a country of true peace... or rather, very serene. So Danzou's appearance is nice in that it proves that there's bitterness behind the scenes. Sai is interesting. Yamato is meh.

Assertn
Fri, 11-25-2005, 12:32 PM
I'm going to repeat that this reminds me of that latter part of the deep space nine series, where you find out about a secret government faction of the federation that performs underhanded activities for the sake of greater peace.

Danzou and Sai are NOT connected to akatsuki. They are clearly interested in the well-being of konoha. They work in the background behind the knowledge of the konoha residents, doing things that most people would probably frown upon, but for a common goal nonetheless.

I like how everyone jumps on the idea of danzou being affiliated with the akatsuki or plotting to destroy konoha despite even in this most recent chapter, they said
"We are supporting the big tree called Konoha from inside the earth, where the eyes can't see."

However....I wouldn't put it past danzou to consider killing naruto as an attempt to secure peace to konoha

milfhunter
Fri, 11-25-2005, 04:47 PM
Oh man, I'm hoping so hard that Danzou is some sort of wise and dark anti-hero who, unwilling to submit defeat for the title of Hokage, decides to go into seclusion and deep meditation into the ninja arts with the intention of being an all-powerful "unofficial/underground Hokage". Oh wait, he is. DUDE SWEET! I'm hoping that one of his motives as making sure that Sai is a member of Team Kakashi is to push Naruto to his limits as an ulterior form of training, much like the rivalry between Sasuke and Naruto was used as a plot device to push Sasuke. Then, when Danzou feels that Naruto is ready, he will recruit Naruto into ROOT.

What if Kishimoto is creating counterparts?

What if Danzou is meant to balance the scale against Orochimaru? Considering that the new mission is to infiltrate Orochimaru's organization, Danzou would have had an even more personal interest in making sure that Sai joined the team. I mean, if Sarutobi died at the hands of Orochimaru, then surely Danzou will want to find out who the fuck Orochimaru thinks he is because it simply implies that Danzou would've died if he was Hokage instead. When Danzou and Orochimaru meet in battle, Danzou will be like, "so you're the Konoha traitor who defeated my rival -- the third Hokage? Prepare to eat my shit." It would be Danzou's chance to finally prove that he was and still is more powerful than Sarutobi, and he should've been the Hokage all along.

I'm sure that Yamato is an elite ANBU, but considering that Danzou started his own ANBU faction and Sai is the direct student of Danzou's teachings, Sai is obviously also elite. I'm going to draw some parallels between Sai and Itachi. Sai is fairly young, and is already an elite ANBU (albeit ROOT). Itachi also became an elite ANBU at a young age. What if Sai is Itachi's counterpart, and the only one capable of handling the Sharingan Sasuke during the mission to Orochimaru's stronghold? Hawtness.

And for the grand finale, what if the counterpart to Akatsuki is ROOT? And just in case the ROOT isn't on par with Akatsuki, Danzou figures that having Kyuubi in his trenches is the big back-up plan? Oh man, that would be so fucking hot. I would fuck Kishimoto so hard.

GhostKaGe
Fri, 11-25-2005, 06:41 PM
It'll turn out that Yamato was part of the same ANBU squad as Itachi

Konohamaru
Sat, 11-26-2005, 05:05 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if we see Yamato bust out a sharingan in a fight. Sai and Yamato look like they could be brothers but they ain't. Danzou doesn't seem like a tough guy considering he's in bandages. Wonder who owned him. Unless it's someting I forgot about.

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 11-27-2005, 08:21 PM
I'm curious to see if Kishimoto tries to develop the relationship between danzou and orchimaro.

Stoopider
Tue, 11-29-2005, 06:15 AM
The Dark Face of Konoha. Sounds good. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

nests
Tue, 11-29-2005, 11:57 AM
I like how the manga is turning out. Before you could have pretty much guees what was going to happend but now with Danzou on the picture you dont know wheater he really is trying to betray Konoha or trying to protected it by making it a village the others would be scared of

RasenDori
Tue, 11-29-2005, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by: GhostKaGe
It'll turn out that Yamato was part of the same ANBU squad as Itachi

that would be interesting, but what if itachi was originally a member of root? That would explain why he became so emotionalless. but perhaps he took danzous teachings too far and ultimately created his own twisted way of thinking. perhaps itachi WASNT lying about his top secret mission he couldnt tell his family. maybe he was ordered by danzou to kill shisui because an uchiha with the mangekyou would be benificial to the village. and what if being ordered to kill his best friend is what ultimately drove him insane.

Dionysos
Wed, 11-30-2005, 04:38 PM
interesting, it could really be like this, but i think it would take away Itachis charakter

Kensee
Sun, 12-04-2005, 05:01 PM
Yamato or Danzou is the leader of the akatsuki o.o

Naw kidding, we all know its really the 4th

Ok being serious now, if Danzou is going to take over .. he is going to get jacked the f up .. i mean the third looked old but could move .. this guy looks even older and he's already messed up physically.

I have a feeling they may be worried about Naruto's demon on the inside, could cause possible problems later on in the future or something. All in all, the manga's shaping up to be somewhat decent and hopefully we'll see some of the techniuqes and skills naruto picked up over the years training with the l33t Jirayaa!

heero
Mon, 12-05-2005, 02:02 AM
they are crappy. I want them dead NOW!

elmojo
Mon, 12-05-2005, 04:38 PM
hmm.. i definately agree with some theories revolving sharingan, either sai or yamato is going to bust it out.. maybe byakugan.. or something new i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

series looks better than ever, im excited

maybe sai has a jinkyuurgi*sp in him i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif

ChaosK
Wed, 12-07-2005, 10:21 PM
how can yamato bust it out? he's probably related to the 1st hokage in some way....

bagandscalpel
Thu, 12-08-2005, 01:11 AM
Don't any of you see?

Because all three are of or related to ANBU, they are, for sure, marked for inevitable DEATH.

Why?

Because being in ANBU is the equivalent of being elite fodder. They are there for the sake of being minced, to become lunch meat for the shinobi who stand out.

So remember, expect to die in obscurity if you ever decide to don the mask.

(Seriously though, those poor ANBU members get shafted almost everytime they jump into the spotlight...)

Winged Dancer
Thu, 12-08-2005, 09:10 AM
Why would any of them have a sharingan? The Kakashi Gaiden proved that you can only get it if you either

A) Are part of the Uchiha blood-line
B) Receive it as a gift

Once you get the eye developing it is no problem, but you need a piece of Uchiha ADN in you first. And unless in the telling of Sai's cloudy and no doubt dramatic past we learn that he, too, is a survivor from the Uchiha massacre that had been kept in secret by Danzo, the possibilities of any of them suddenly showing the Sharingan is zero.

I know the Sharingan makes people cool and shit, but if every people had it it'd just turn stupid.

Now, the characters...

Danzo, well, I don't like him, but you're not suppossed to anyway. As Terra said it gives Konoha a more interesting background than "The Hokage and two old guys giving orders", it gives it domestic politic problems which are alwyas good because those mean treason!

Sai...
So glad Sakura slapped the moron. Smiles like an idiot and insults everyone and has the biggest penis envy I've ever seen. Thanks to the scene at the hotspings now the fangirls will be able to say "OH HES GAY BECAUSE HE WAS LOOKING AT NARUTO'S BALLS LOLZ!!", thank you a lot, Kishimoto!
Meh, I don't hate him. His drawing-based techniques are cool. But he's a pompous little ass.... just like Sasuke at the beggining. Only Sai won't change thanks to Naruto's One HIt therapy.

Yamato... if that's his real name... (I know it isn't)
I kinda like him. He's got potential - first, they wouldn't give Team 7 to anyone incapable of controlling Naruto when he goes into the Kyubi form, so he's got to be at least equal to Kakashi.
He seems to be laid-back and friendly, but who knows if that's just another act? And we haven't seen him fight, or get serious at all. Except when he's making creepy/stupid faces.
Besdies, he's like the only ninja right now who can use the Moku-ton (Wood-based) jutsu, which makes it all a little bit better. Remember someone said he looked like the Second Hokage come to life - I can see Kishimoto tracing genealogies already....

Assertn
Fri, 12-09-2005, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by: Winged Dancer
Yamato... if that's his real name... (I know it isn't)
I kinda like him. He's got potential - first, they wouldn't give Team 7 to anyone incapable of controlling Naruto when he goes into the Kyubi form, so he's got to be at least equal to Kakashi.
He seems to be laid-back and friendly, but who knows if that's just another act? And we haven't seen him fight, or get serious at all. Except when he's making creepy/stupid faces.
Besdies, he's like the only ninja right now who can use the Moku-ton (Wood-based) jutsu, which makes it all a little bit better. Remember someone said he looked like the Second Hokage come to life - I can see Kishimoto tracing genealogies already....

Sai's real name probably isn't Sai either. Especially considering Danzou first says to him "For this mission, your name will be Sai." Must be an ANBU thing.

I'm surprised nobody really commented on this, but if you check the last frame of the previous chapter, Yamato seems to have the same ANBU mask as Sai's sensei. Pretty bad news in itself, but I wonder if Sai even knows this...

And wasn't Yamato supposed to be resembling the 1st Hokage, not the 2nd?

EDIT: actually......now that I think about it......
If both Yamato and Sai end up allied with Danzou, I wonder if this chapter hints that Sai will eventually side with Naruto and Sakura, which would bring up a conflict between Sai and Yamato. That could be cool, although quite possibly on the cliche end.

Winged Dancer
Fri, 12-09-2005, 09:52 AM
Well, Naruto is kinda about cliches anyway.

And yes, I had forgotten that Sai's name ain't Sai. Wonder if we'll end up hearing their names? Guess we will...

I don't know whether to read too much into the mask thing or not. It culd be just a mistake by Kishimoto - Konoha Anbu have animal masks but how many anbu and how many animals? The masks I always see are Cat, Fox, Dog and not much more.

And Tsunade wouldn't have been so stupid as to put an anbu loyal to Danzo if she wanted to keep an eye on Sai, right?

Assertn
Fri, 12-09-2005, 01:11 PM
I dunno.....that whole last page seemed like it was implying something suspicious....
Danzou even came to tsunade later and asked if she picked out a good anbu to lead the mission, then said "good, good" and walked away. Danzou seems to have alot more planned than we'd expect.

Also, I'm sure a few anbus are sneaky enough that they can switch sides without the hokage noticing. It helps that all they have to distinguish them is their mask. Yamato probably has 2.